Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, proofread fail : Sloonei: civ, of the big three (Jay, Epi, Sloonei) I feel most confident in his civness. In their case I defeulted to civ not so much becasue I have seen their civ game as I haven't seen their bad. With Sloonei, I think I have seen his civ game as well as not seen his bad game.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:25 am I'm gonna do a GTH post, not a rainbow. I will only comment on some and expand after work tonight (Saturday is my long, difficult day at work, so it is very unlikely I will post during the day today). Bad is kind of a default position (see: Dragomir) for "no opinion" I should have an opinion by now.
Spoiler: show
Colin, bad, I have to reread him, but I don't remember much he has said. So bad as a default position.

Dom, civ with caveats: he can fool me, he knows it, I know it. So he makes me paranoid, but so far I see civ Dom. *IF* he is bad, I don't think he's bad with G or Jay. That "queen" thing kinda freaked me a bit, not gonna lie, but it was also sweet and totally a Dom thing to do :cloud9:

Drago: bad (last post asking about host posts, I don't know that anyone ever answered him. This is, like Colin, a default position, I don't know his game, and I know walking into a 30+ page thread is intimidating, but asking a question and leaving it hang seems kinda sketch to me.

Dyslexicon: bad, I have complex feels on this. She was a civ read then I shaded her down. She says and does things that feel/sound civ, but then she also is pushing low level minor shade at me and never giving me anything to work with. Early on, she, along with Radishes, asked the thread more than once, why people were town reading me. Aside from the fact that she was mirroring Radishes who I think is bad bad bad, it, along with all of her "Alas, I want to town read SVS but I am not sure why, someone else tell me what to think about this" hand wringing, it just strikes me as her wanting to find me bad. What she is doing is a play I have in my baddie book, too. Drop a crumb, see if anyone picks it up. Sowing the seeds of suspish. Disclaimer, I would feel this if she were doing it to someone else, too. Plus her Radishes suspish feels like distancing to me, tbh.

Epignosis: Civ. I am not seeing bad Epi, unless his game radically changed since I last played with him. Anyone have recent bad/civ Epi games I can look at? For me, "Bad Epi" is more obvious that "Good Epi", and I have not seen that scary person yet.

G Man: bad, I thought so for days, no change. I don't see a curse role (cursed objects is the closest thing) and doing self imposed posting gimmicks is a G Man thing, it is known. Not buying it. This is probably my first vote today unless I convince myself otherwise later in this post.

Jack: light civ; I thought he was bad bad until he backpedalled on nutella, I see no reason for him to have done that if he was bad. Before that he was close to the top of my bad list, though, so :shrug:

Jay: civ, I feel like I do on Epi here, he seems civ to me, using my Jay barometer, but the barometer may need calibration.

Juliets: Jules is a civ, fight me if you don't agree.

MacDougall: bad, his play on the nutella lynch felt bad to me, and he has not returned since then. How he spins that situation will aim how I slot him. This is his last post (I am generally not posting posts in this post, but this one kinda counterpoints my thoughts on Dsy, so, breaking my own rules! I'm a rebel!)

It's from Day one, no reaction to the nutella lynch as of yet. Macdougall, come and tellme how you feel about how Day One ended.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:33 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:31 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:20 pm I don't know why I feel resistance to read S-V-S as town. Cause she probably very well could be.
Good read
What? This is a terrible read. What does it even mean?
Master Radishes: He's bad, he's bad. You know it, he's bad.

[VOTE: Master Badishes] aubergine
Michelle: civ but could flip to bad, she gave me good feels early on, and I have seen nothing to change it, and therein lies the problem. I need moar Michelle. Gimme that content.
Nanook: civ, I though Nanook 1 was bad, not gonna lie. I reacted to him not unlike how I reacted to Chuck defending supabad LC in that other game. The way he came into his second life made me see commonality between his games so far, I liked him going right on the attack. I think if he were bad he would have pulled his punches a bit.

S~V~S: She is as civ as they come :grin:

sabie: bad, she seems a bit wishy washy so far, but I remember thinking she was bad in the past for that, and she wasn't. Putting bad as a default position.

sig; town, one of my civvier reads. I would actively fight a sigwagon.

Sloonei: civ, of the big three (Jay, Epi, Sloonei) I feel most confident in his civness. In their case I defeulted to civ not so much becasue I have seen their civ game as I haven't seen their bad. With Sloonei, I think I have seen both.

speedchuck: bad, this is more of a default position, I have not seen anything to think he is good, but then I am not a speedchuck reader. He is on my list for a reread tonight.

sprit: bad, I read him yesterday and it was meh. He is the opposite of nutella and epi for me, he has a bit of a mean feel for me when he is civ, maybe mean is the wrong word, maybe "biting"is better. Not gonna lie, I blew him up a few years ago and I try to avoid him since then. He says he is going home, maybe he will have more time. He has not said much topical so far.

tedxtr: civ, I like the cut of his jib so far. I like how he explains himself. He's higher on the list for me.

TonyStarkPrime: civ, I reread him yesterday, and expected to think him bad, but I like his posts, they are consice but get his point across, and I found nothing iffy or opportunistic feeling.

Tranq: civ, someone had said civ Tranq doesn't post much and that is true. Tranq with a chatroom banters more in thread. Tranq is like Dom, though, in that it is easy for him to charm me. Some of his opinions, when he started posting them, surprised me, like his thoughts on TH (see below). Tranq, TH and I all come from the same figurative home town, and I was surprised to see that read on TH.

Turnip Head: civ, this is my waffliest read, town TH can be a mad oracle, but like the words of most oracles, it requires interpretation. I *think* I am interpreting him in the correct way but I would like to see more words, plz, K, TH?

And I gotta go take a shower gonna post this without further ado.
I will do my best. I like this post of yours, it's full of thoughts, looks real.
Just by reading it (keep in mind I didn't read all the thread but reading you civ I take all like from villagery mindset), I have these ideas:
- I don't think I'd read Turnip villager in this game, but maybe is from lack of meta?
- Ted and Sig villas for me too.
- Jack backtracking on Nut is nagl for me. Jack is a too stubborn fellow for that to be always a towny move for him.
- Colin bad agree, Drago bad I need to check.
- Sabie and Dizzy don't look so bad for me.

bbl, I am working today :pout:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

See, Turnip shaded me but he has no vote. Like he is afraid to vote for a scum read he has, to apply pressure and find my AI like this. Scumy behavior again.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

[VOTE: Turnip head] aubergine come and explain your reads

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am ebwop, proofread fail : Sloonei: civ, of the big three (Jay, Epi, Sloonei) I feel most confident in his civness. In their case I defeulted to civ not so much becasue I have seen their civ game as I haven't seen their bad. With Sloonei, I think I have seen his civ game as well as not seen his bad game.
Uh am i dumb for seeing a slip here? Why is sloonei in red but you have him green?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

My soul read on michelle is that she’s either an indie or she changed her style radically for this game
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Haven’t forgotten about Epi, came back from a 4 hour exhausting volleyball training session
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I don't know if I said "similar behavior", but what I've mislynched colin for in the past is his tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace. It's easy to misread that as a tentative, behind-the-action scum player, when in reality it's just been a behind-the-action civilian trying not to overstate his thoughts.

I have not looked closely at his posts in this game so I can't give you a detailed interpretation of what he looks like here. But that's my general warning against lynching Colin.
Thank you Sloonei that is helpful. I'll take another look at him and try to guard against reading him on a tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:42 am My soul read on michelle is that she’s either an indie or she changed her style radically for this game
ted, what do you see that is a radical change in style? She is not posting as frequently as I have seen her do as town but she seems to be busier. Is it that or something else?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to spend some time taking a look at Mac.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Michelle wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:33 am [VOTE: Turnip head] aubergine come and explain your reads
I would also like to hear more from TH about reads.

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:41 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am ebwop, proofread fail : Sloonei: civ, of the big three (Jay, Epi, Sloonei) I feel most confident in his civness. In their case I defeulted to civ not so much becasue I have seen their civ game as I haven't seen their bad. With Sloonei, I think I have seen his civ game as well as not seen his bad game.
Uh am i dumb for seeing a slip here? Why is sloonei in red but you have him green?
I was also wondering does this mean you think sloonei is bad?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'd rather kill Colin anyways, which is where my vote is going
This isn’t the worst take
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I agree with a lot of svs' reads aside from a few things

People misunderstand me a lot which when I first came back made me frustrated but I realize now it's just difference in playstyle and interpretation of things and that's okay. I am kind of slow to start sometimes and have to talk things out to process them which people think is scummy but it's just how I figure things out.
I'm more iffy on TH and nanook than svs. THs lack of discussion and relying on others to do it for them gives me more of a scum lean. Nanooks major shift in tone and making it a point to mention the scum role thing makes me iffy on him.

I do know what she means about spirit and his "biting" personality that we haven't seen a lot of yet. Sometimes he gets more into it as the game progresses though.

I agree that mac's play so far has seemed more on the scum side and then he has disappeared after jack went from agreeing with him to suspecting him. As juliets said I'd like to look at him further.

As far as svs herself it's been awhile since I've played with her I think I accused her because she didn't say RIP when a civ died and she made me feel bad about it and then she ended up being bad. This game she made it a point to say RIP to nanook and point out that she said it. Aside from that she seems to be putting in effort I could go either way on her.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:15 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pmYou asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.
I read the Dom/Ted thing, and I was confused about Dom's bravado that was suspecting Ted because he didn't answer a question. I also thought it was shade to say "avoided my question" cause it's such an easy gripe to have with someone. But Ted doesn't really strike me as someone who would flee away from a "difficult" question if he was scum, so likely he forgot or missed it, which he later said. I don't know. I was confused be Dom's bravado last game I played with him too though. I don't think I've seen him as scum before.

Jimmay, you know Dom better than me, so what's your overall feel there? Also, you know SVS better than me, so same question there.
I don't think "bravado" is out of place with Dom. That's a part of the persona he often brings to the game. He asked a question and it went unanswered, and so he made a stink. I don't think he has played with tedxtr before (either can correct me if necessary), so I don't think ted's own personality is an important variable to consider when judging Dom's treatment of ted. They don't know one another.

Now that ted did answer the question, we may glean more from their interaction at present. @Dom, @tedxtr, whaddya think of each other?

I have leaned positively for S~V~S on the basis of tone and familiarity with what I remember of her hunting styles and what I know of the site norms from the era from whence she brings most of her background (Syndicate circa 2013-2016 or so). I haven't dug deep on S~V~S lately though and she is a priority for reassessment.
I think we played with each other once in the past. Probably inception?[mention]Dom[/mention]
But I am skeptical of the guy. He’s not my top priority today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:42 am My soul read on michelle is that she’s either an indie or she changed her style radically for this game
multitabling is not a bless :blush:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:08 am Michelle stuff:

I liked her in Day 0 for her little contributions. They may not be much, but I am fond of the tone. That's worth less in Day 2 Land, but it's something.

She stood in Jack's corner when he was briefly wagoned on Day 1. If Jack is a civilian one may wonder about TMI; my alarm is not set off given that it's based upon Jack's read on her. There's a personal connection driving the read that I find believable.

Town reads on sig and I, the latter based on meta. I am not surprised by the comparison given that in Dogs vs. Cats I was very loudly mislynched. It sticks in the brain.

I don't care for this post. I don't understand what Michelle means in the first line about Dizzy. Her shade at nutella looks a bit cooked -- framing it as a question to the audience "what if they're both town???" is icky. Then there's vague references to vibes from Nanook and Radish, presumably negative vibes but not overtly stated.

I don't feel much either way from the big multi-quote post. I reference it anyway given its significant stature within the ISO.

Again drawing on meta when reading Sloonei town. I've no gripe.

Michelle's stances in the Day 1 lynch were dually concrete: vote Radish, don't want to lynch nutella. I appreciate the clarity.

sig gave her some shit and she was cool with it. The lack of energy in her response is awkward.

I agree with much of what she says about Colin

Well this ended up a whole-ass ISO post. I'm JaggedJimmyJay.

It's not a perfect report. When I am less-than-positive though I feel more like I am nitpicking than like I am finding something I care about. I don't view Michelle as a good lynch.
One concern about Michelle I’d like to quell and for us all to remember in general is that since there are two bad teams, there isn’t much sense of TMI yet.,
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:57 am
Michelle wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:33 am [VOTE: Turnip head] aubergine come and explain your reads
I would also like to hear more from TH about reads.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:36 am
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:31 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm Remember folks:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
This is yucky!
Why?
“Me? Why be concerned with silly old me? I just don’t have the constitution to be bad”
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:24 amTHs lack of discussion and relying on others to do it for them gives me more of a scum lean.
Okay I asked my boy Jimmy to take a look at my top suspect. That doesn't make it a trend y'know.

And I don't think I'm not lacking discussion. I've discussed lots of things. Though I admit to saying less than I think
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hey turnip head— why drop me?

Are people going to address my questions without me badgering them? I’m getting annoyed loll.

Mac and Collin are yucky !
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 am Hey turnip head— why drop me?
I suspected you too hastily. I thought I saw something that I didn't really see
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I know I said I was going to look at Mac and I am but I got sidetracked to Turnip Head for a few minutes. I looked up the Firefly game to see if I was remembering his scum behavior correctly and what I find is it is radically different from the way he's behaving here. He's lighthearted in that game especially in the beginning but really peppered all the way through and his posts appear more frequently. I did not look at our team chat (I'm not even sure there's a link to it) but I saw enough in the game thread. I'm posting the link here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... only&ch=-1

Take a look at it, read through some of his posts, it doesn't take long to read a few pages. Look at page 5 where he welcomes me on board his ship (I believe I subbed in that game) - it's an example of why I said earlier I found him charming.

I don't think I can support a full town read here based on this one game but if he is scum here his behavior has changed a lot.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:33 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, aggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

In a way, I guess I see it, what with the diarrhea-of-the-mouth-inducing playstyle you and others prefer. You have offended me, sir, and now I intend to bury myself in the deepest red of your rainbow reads so that I may ignore your demands for more content.

:pout:
This post smells bad.
Over the top? Yep. This was me needling Jay.
Needling Jay about what, bitch?

Get a frame of reference.
Oompa loompa doompadee doo
I've got an explanation for you.
Oompa loompa doompadee dext
Read these two posts for better context...
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, JaggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

In a way, I guess I see it, what with the diarrhea-of-the-mouth-inducing playstyle you and others prefer. You have offended me, sir, and now I intend to bury myself in the deepest red of your rainbow reads so that I may ignore your demands for more content.

G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, JaggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

If a post exists, then "gray" is not happening. That's for cowards. Do your thing, and I'll see what I see.
Oh, I’ll do my thing. You just won’t be a fan of it. Or will you?

I think it's clear I was being a brat.
Mocking Jay's reads and that is just that.
Assigning a scum lean so quickly is rash,
Action that I'm willing to bash.

Unless Jay was just fishing...

Oompa loompa doompadee dard,
Getting scum reads in this game will be hard.
Oompa loompa doompadee deems,
It's been a while since I've face two scum teams.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:52 am Ok, I know I said I was going to look at Mac and I am but I got sidetracked to Turnip Head for a few minutes. I looked up the Firefly game to see if I was remembering his scum behavior correctly and what I find is it is radically different from the way he's behaving here. He's lighthearted in that game especially in the beginning but really peppered all the way through and his posts appear more frequently. I did not look at our team chat (I'm not even sure there's a link to it) but I saw enough in the game thread. I'm posting the link here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... only&ch=-1

Take a look at it, read through some of his posts, it doesn't take long to read a few pages. Look at page 5 where he welcomes me on board his ship (I believe I subbed in that game) - it's an example of why I said earlier I found him charming.

I don't think I can support a full town read here based on this one game but if he is scum here his behavior has changed a lot.
I encourage everyone to take a look, my iso from that game is quite a pleasure :keys:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

There are some things about [mention]MacDougall[/mention] that I could read as scum but I really need to see more behavior. I really don't want to say any more about it until I do see more. It's odd to me that he hasn't yet come into the thread after the early lynch but it's not unheard of for Mac to miss a day. He did say early on in the thread that he's a very busy guy.

One thing I'd like to know from Mac is why there was the turn around on Jack. On one day he is saying Jack is lying and nutella should be our leader and then this:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:16 am Jack is exhibiting his "I am scum" tell. I bet he keeps doing it too.
and then his very next post about the subject comes the next day when he says:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
and then he was off and running with his badgering of nutella regarding her comment in another game that Jack always reads her correctly.

Mac, can you explain your turnaround from thinking Jack was scummy with his nutella suspicion to thinking Jack had hit the nail on the head with respect to her? What happened in between that changed your mind?

I apologize if someone already asked this and I don't remember.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to break for a bit and watch some Netflix.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:41 am
Tough crowd! It means I cut and pasted this clip from the original post and used the wrong color to highlight it. Still find Sloonei green.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Someone explain to me in 50 words or less why Jay is not scum and why Juliets is not scum.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:11 pm A question with a data driven answer: are inactive scum or town more likely to be lynched?
I think this one is counter intuitive
Town by pure odds. I dunno.

Why?
I have a small sample set (I might try to put a bigger one together after I get home tomorrow) but it seems to be pretty close to 50/50 — which after pure odds and the fact that scum is less likely to be inactive, paints a weird picture.
That could be true. I don't have the numbers. Why is this of interest to you right now?
Thought it was cool. A few people mentioned it in this game. No more than usual but I wanted to see if there was any correlation or any sort of info that could be derived.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:54 amB) Dyslexicon has been hard for me to pin down
Anything I can help with?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:27 am G-Man still has no takes

Oompa loompa doompa

His slot shall perish to end my wraith

Oompa loompa doompa

[VOTE: G-Man ] aubergine

I’m gonna go at epi when I’m on pc, wanted you to know I acknowledged your vote there
No.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:17 am Someone explain to me in 50 words or less why Jay is not scum and why Juliets is not scum.
I have a reason for Juliets. She defended Nut and spent a lot of time on that read. I think it's likelier that town would be invested in resisting the Nut wagon, seeing how she flipped not mafia. I think mafia would be more in the mindset of "anyone but me and my team". Does that make sense?

I don't have one for Jimmay.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]S~V~S[/mention] Clearly you don't know me, and vice versa. Your read on me seems pretty OMGUS to me. Which is fine, honestly. The reason I'm spending time interacting with you at all is because that if you are town, I want to be able to read you as such. I get that my process maybe doesn't make sense to you. It seems like we have different processes. That's also fine. It seems like you've spent at least some time trying to figure me out. Why have you not asked people who know me better about their opinion? This is a genuine question and not shade btw. I like to do that myself, which is why I've asked about you a lot. It's because I want to figure you out. A lot of the time my attention goes to where I feel I have the least info, or the reads that are the most difficult for me. The people who know my play better here have a town read on me, and that's not a coincident. If this was my home site I would literally be an IC by now. I seem to get suspected for play style reasons a lot from people who don't know me, and that's also fine enough. Maybe it would help if you have more direct questions for me? You don't have to obviously, I'm just saying. Also, in a game like this (and most games honestly) I'm trying to look for town and work from a PoE. It's just a better way for me to play, I think. If you notice, I had a town read on the late Nook, and still spent time questioning to test my town read. I'm looking for people to trust. Me questioning someone is probably more often in hopes that I will be able to trust that person in stead of trying to "get them" or whatever. I don't know if any of this helps. Anyway, your read on G-man is also wrong. You should fix those two. Apart from that I agree with town on Juliets, Turnip, Ted and Sig, as far as one could trust anyone this game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] Did you see my response to you and do you follow me? It's kind of important. To the degree that playing mafia is important lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

If people took time to learn my meta, I'd be the easiest one to read here lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:36 am
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:31 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm Remember folks:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
This is yucky!
Why?
“Me? Why be concerned with silly old me? I just don’t have the constitution to be bad”
He is quoting himself from a previous game in which he was town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I spent time ISOing Sabie, and I would like some opinion on that. I like Sabie's later posts tbh, but in the ISO I found a lot of excuses and putting things off, as in "I haven't read that yet" "I'll catch up later" "I need to check that". I find that scum is more likely to put off catching up or saying to check things and then don't. I also notice how little she mentions Radish and how waffly it is when she does. She also voted Nut with a pretty shaky rationale iirc. So I could see a Radish/Sabie connection. This is also strengthened by how Radish mentioned Sabie as one of the iffier voted on Nut, and how Sabie has not commented on that at all, but completely ignored it.

I honestly had the opinion that an actively involved Sabie with opinions would mean town and that a less involved and waffly Sabie would mean scum. And that she was not that hard to read. But I've gotten the impression that she may be hard to read? Some people have mentioned this at least. So I want opinions from people that know her. Anyway, I'll find quotes that stick out to me.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:21 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'd rather kill Colin anyways, which is where my vote is going
This isn’t the worst take
It is, in fact, an excellent take
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:27 pm I spent time ISOing Sabie, and I would like some opinion on that. I like Sabie's later posts tbh, but in the ISO I found a lot of excuses and putting things off, as in "I haven't read that yet" "I'll catch up later" "I need to check that". I find that scum is more likely to put off catching up or saying to check things and then don't. I also notice how little she mentions Radish and how waffly it is when she does. She also voted Nut with a pretty shaky rationale iirc. So I could see a Radish/Sabie connection. This is also strengthened by how Radish mentioned Sabie as one of the iffier voted on Nut, and how Sabie has not commented on that at all, but completely ignored it.

I honestly had the opinion that an actively involved Sabie with opinions would mean town and that a less involved and waffly Sabie would mean scum. And that she was not that hard to read. But I've gotten the impression that she may be hard to read? Some people have mentioned this at least. So I want opinions from people that know her. Anyway, I'll find quotes that stick out to me.
sabie reads genuine to me like she has nothing to hide
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Stuff in Sabie's ISO:

I know it's a lot, but I would appreciate it if someone took a look. Only need to follow my comments and what I highlight.

---

Her very first two posts are "I'll catch up later"-posts. I especially don't like the putting off things when she also mentions she's excited for this game in the first post. And there's a lot of what reads like excuses in her ISO, highlighted in cyan:
sabie12 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 pm Hey guys I didn't realize we started yet sorry about that. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on already. I'm excited for this game!
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:41 am I finally had a chance to actually read through the champion game set up and the past few pages before going back to sleep.phone is dying so I'll check back in in the morning with some thoughts so far.

sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:05 am Hey svs! it's been awhile since we've been in a game together.
I see the votes on jack and I'm not sure. I thought i had a good idea of Jack's gameplay but I've been wrong a couple times. I feel like he tries really hard to blend in and look civ when he's bad and has been a more aggressive and jokey player when civ. He accused nutella in another game and ended up getting mislynched early on and was right about her. Nutella can be difficult to read at times but I have been able to read her correctly before. When I have more time later I'll have to read through their ISOs

Nanook was bad last game I played in and he was good at seeming like a civilian for awhile. I actually only started suspecting him towards the end. I haven't had a chance to look over his civ gameplay style to see if it is similar.
I saw JJJ put me in the bottom part of the reads when I haven't even done anything yet or is it because I haven't done anything yet? I didn't even know the game had started and it's a lot to catch up on. I'm not super talkative in the beginning of games sometimes but I'm trying to get better at it.
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm Oh right yeah sorry it was tony who also suspected nutella that game that got mislynched. Then I told everyone hey maybe they were right about nutella and she ended up being bad. Point is this seemed like a similar situation.

I'm heading home from work now and I'll catch up on what's been happening the last 8 hours. Haven't had a chance to read everything yet.

Here's the posts that Sabie talks about Radish.
Sabie talks a lot about Jack/Nut, but very little about Radish. These two posts are the only on I can find that she even mentions Radish.
And what she says is Belgian waffle. Highlighted in pink:
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:17 pm I finally just got through everything I missed.
Sorry ever since my surgery my processing speed is a little slow so it does take me some time to read and process and understand everything. I'm not ATEing or whatever just letting people who aren't super familiar with me know that's why I'm not as quick to respond sometimes. I am trying to keep up as best as I can and respond to things as they come up.
I saw that dizzy was questioning me because of my slow start but I'm just not as talkative in the beginning of games.

I'm not sure what to think about the jack and nutella dynamic. I know Jack always jokes around about being unlynchable. If jack is bad I wonder what would be his motivation to go after nutella so intensely because if she flips town then that just makes him look bad. Nutella does also bring up a good point that jack sometimes will change his mind at the last minute and say he was just trying to see how people respond to it. I'll have to look back at that other game because it does remind me of that and jack had been right. Jack claims he has been right about nutella multiple times does anyone know of another example besides the Australian game?

Nanook almost had me fooled in all my circuits. He is good at seeming like town when he's not. I feel like he has been kind of aggressive in some points I am never a fan of calling people idiots or anything like that.
I don't know master radishes I'm not familiar with them and I missed where the case began on them. I saw some people saying it had to do with their usage of certain terms?
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:44 am I feel bad for colin in that I feel like people often don't get me either but his ISO doesn't make me feel good about him. He doesn't seem to be interested in keeping up with what's going on and trying to figure things out. He asked about jack and then didn't give any further thoughts on it.

Does TH always have short responses and ask other people to make reads for him? I know I've played with him before but I don't remember. I feel like he's been kind of providing reads without much explanation and asking others to tell him why someone is scummy.

Nanook has had a big change in his tone since coming back so he must be excited about the role he got. I don't know if that's a good thing or not because he seems like he was hoping to be mafia but could just be a more exciting role. I find it weird he made it a point to point out he didn't get a mafia role.

I don't know if I've seen a bad jay before? I thought he looked like his usual self and getting discussion going and making reads. Is he different when he's bad?

Good to see sloonei seems back to his usual self. Just has to start asking more questions and have more long ISO posts and we got the old sloonei back. (Glad you're feeling better) good post on radishes I'm not familiar with them and they don't seem to be familiar with a lot of people here either so that's a good point.
Like, what does these posts about Radish say?
[mention]sabie12 [/mention]What is your opinion on Radish? Should he be lynched or no?

Other posts I don't like, and why:
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:14 pmYou played one game with me that I can recall and you were mafia and I told everyone you were but no one believed me and then you killed me night one.

I'm terrible at day 1 reads and usually take a little while to get momentum going and be more involved. My playstyle doesn't make sense to some people but I still win games so I must be doing something right.
^Here she's referencing a game where she read me correctly as scum on D1 and says that she's terrible at D1 reads.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pmSure so I'm not always as good at reading nutella as you claim to be. I thought she seemed similar this game to how she was in the Australian game with her responses to being suspected. I recall she strongly defended herself and threw suspicions in all other directions to see if it would stick. I thought that was kind of how she was reacting here. I think I've mostly seen nutella be mafia or indie in the last few games I've played with her though so that's what I'm used to seeing.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:10 pm @sabie12 I see a lot of things about nutella in your posts, but it's not clear why you voted her. Gimme the scoop.
Ive explained that I thought her playstyle was similar to what I've been seeing when she was mafia before. I'm also not the only one who suspected her. I also thought I had time to delve further into it before end of day.
^When she talks about Nut and votes her it reads both waffly and like she's distancing herself from the read or like she's trying to not be responsible for it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:38 pmsabie reads genuine to me like she has nothing to hide
Ok. But can you take a look at my ISO anyway, please?
Is your read based on meta or how you know her?
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:44 am I feel bad for colin in that I feel like people often don't get me either
^I think this is about the only thing I like in her ISO.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The things you point out about sabie are the same things that make me lean town on her lol. She seems, idk, off the cuff
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 pmIt is, in fact, an excellent take
Hi, Nook. Why so quiet after returning? Would it help if [mention]Sig[/mention] tunneled you again?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 pmIt is, in fact, an excellent take
Hi, Nook. Why so quiet after returning? Would it help if @Sig tunneled you again?
I joined another game cause I thought I’d be dead, lol, so my time is split. Tbh it’s also partly cause less people are talking to me, I’m a bit of a ping-whore 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:46 pm The things you point out about sabie are the same things that make me lean town on her lol. She seems, idk, off the cuff

Alright. Thanks for your opinion. I'm honestly not sure, which is why I'm asking. When I was scum with her last game, she hardly posted. But I also have seen her as town and she seemed more aggressive or straight forward, like she had opinions. Here it seems more like she is building opinions and missing info. The thing that hits me in the feels on the town-side is her mentioning of being "misunderstood".
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 pm I joined another game cause I thought I’d be dead, lol, so my time is split. Tbh it’s also partly cause less people are talking to me, I’m a bit of a ping-whore 🤷‍♀️
I couldn't tell lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I kind of think Nook is still town, sue me.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by ColinIsCool »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm I would gamble on there being at least one mafia in Colin/g-man/drago/tranq

At least a nickel, maybe even a whole 7 cents.
Wanting to vote for 3 of the lowest posters = “I don’t want to have to make an argument against somebody”
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Townish people:
G-man
Turnip (?)
Juliets (?)
Nook (?)
Ted (?)
Sig?
SVS?
Michelle?

Scum:
Almost everyone else?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm I would gamble on there being at least one mafia in Colin/g-man/drago/tranq

At least a nickel, maybe even a whole 7 cents.
Wanting to vote for 3 of the lowest posters = “I don’t want to have to make an argument against somebody”
It's hardly a controversial take though. The game is like almost 50 % scum. It would be a miracle if there was no scum there. Except G-man is town and tranq could be as well tbh. =p

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”