Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 2]

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:05 pm That’s cool, but I’m heavily implying I might have a red on him so you should probably support that
I don't like implications. Saying "sig I have red check please claim" would take less posts and seem less scummy.

That said I agree sig should claim now.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:53 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:34 pm That’s nice and all but I have what is pretty likely a red check on him, so.
I’m bored of this heavy implication
Just tell me why
You think that, in my situation
I should vote for this guy
He is obviously implying he used an investigation on Sig that gave him a guilty result.

Also explains where he got the extra jiggy from. I assume he only gets the jiggy if he hits a mafioso, or something like that.

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine
'PRETTY LIKELY' a red check.

What does that even mean?
Can we get a rough percentage?
This check is very lean.
Does it depend on Sig's role message?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Until Nanook or Sig provide more info I'm not voting for sig.

Unless sig starts doing scumread-worthy things, of course.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 am TH: mac is mafia

Mac flips town

Nanook claims a soft guilty on Sig

TH: lol but my reads tho
No one bats 1.000, doesn't mean my thoughts should be shrugged off. Your claim was weak and I don't believe you.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Seems like his role doesn't exactly give out alignment results, but it gives jiggies depending on certain parameters and the fact nanook got a jiggy makes him think Sig is bad. Maybe he is awarded a jiggy if he targets someone who used a kill ability, for example.

And nanook is not allowed to elaborate because we are not allowed to explain how we are getting our extra jiggies. We just know he got an extra jiggy in a way that makes Sig likely to be bad, but the exact connection is unclear.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You're making a loooot of assumptions about how nanook's role works, Luffy. Why are you doing that?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If what you're proposing is true, nanook's check would be more than just "pretty likely"
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 am You're making a loooot of assumptions about how nanook's role works, Luffy. Why are you doing that?
I'm doing that because I want to figure the game out.

We know nanook got an extra jiggy this night. His cap today is 35. Count his posts if you disagree.

We know jiggies are related to abilities. Whatever it is that nanook did last night awarded him a jiggy.

It makes sense for nanook to have targeted Sig with whatever ability he has after he was the last wagon.

And nanook got a jiggy for targetting Sig. Exactly why that happened is a mystery because Nanook is not allowed to reveal how he gets jiggies, but apparently it's something that makes it likely, but not outright confirms, that Sig is bad. Something like a tracker or an ability cop.

Just use logic, it's not too hard.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That's not logic though it's wild guessing. Nanook hasn't said at ant point that h es not allowed to share how he got his "check". He pushed his check a little and if you go back to when he first mentioned it, it almost sounds like he wasn't even serious about it, and then he sort of quietly mentioned it a second time. The way he went about it is sus as fuck and you're just rolling with it and coming up with explanations FOR him.

I'm going to start saving my posts now but I'm a little surprised how easily you're treating a theory as a fact.

If Nanook wants us to take him seriously he should answer some of this for himself, and stop letting his pet dragon do the PR.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:47 pm dunya feels very honest and I can understand her thought proccesses just fine.
[VOTE: DDL] aubergine

no way you have no reservations about me in a game where we are t/t lmao. you and nutella bad?

i'm surprised you didn't include a sloonei blurb there when he's been a big vocal point for most of us. you started by saying his tone was mean and scum reading him for it. do you feel bad about it? feels like real guilt there. :p

i need nanook to clarify what he means about red checking sig. why is he asking him to roleclaim? i have a moral dilemma in believing sig would have pushed mp that far if he was mafia and mp wasn't. i think it went beyond what is acceptable in a mafia game. color me naive, but that's where i stand.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I haven’t quietly pushed it, fuck off with that

I’ve claimed to the extent that I’m going to prior to Sig claiming, if Sig doesn’t claim I’m treating it as a scum claim. You’re not getting a more detailed explanation from me at this time.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by dunya »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:21 pm How are you guys getting like 5 scum reads? That's a bit strange.
why? my towncore is smaller than i thought.

i will move nanook to town pile though, even though i still am not sure about his claim on sig before further elaboration.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:57 pm I'm actually feeling pretty good about Turnip here overall fwiw. He feels very genuine to me.
samesies.

i feel worst about ddl and nutella atm in that order. nutella considering end of day 1 and her tony vote will look even worse if sig is indeed bad.

and also, sorry ddl, i saw you did mention sloonei. i read the thread in reverse, whoopsies.

---

would lynch today:
ddl
nutella
sig (if nanook is certain)
gman gman hasn't given me much to work with. i don't feel someone's authenticity unless i can relate to the thought process or see it happen in live time and i've seen neither so.

ppl i feel are genuine:
russti in his suspicions of me sound just like how i would suspect someone. feels authentic townie paranoia and im ok with it.
mp, town imo
turnip, town
nanook, town
speedchuck, probably town

that leaves only tony and sloonei i think. i wouldn't lynch sloonei today till i see more of him. i don't get bad vibes from tony, but im wary of town reading him since a lot of people seem to have him in scum piles. he's a light town read (hehe see, i added a level of towniness there for russti).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

alright cool, we'll all lynch sig end of day. now can we play mafia cos im sure sig has teammates.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:51 am Doesn't Sig's treatment of MP make anyone else think sig is town because of it? Like why, as a scum accusing someone he would have to KNOW is town, would sig go after a guy using false logic about a different game and also run the risk of making it so heated and emotional and personal for both parties? Sig believes what he's saying or else he just simply wouldn't have bothered (as scum).

Nanook's red peek on sig, therefore and for other nanook-seems-sketchy related reasons, looks fake to me. Especially how he chose to present it with such a soft push. Using terms like "pretty likely" to be a red check gives him some breathing room if it turns out he's wrong.

TL;DR Sig's push on MP looks genuine. Nanook's push on sig looks fake.
Honestly it does give me pause and I was heading out of the night phase thinking he seemed a bit more town than not, but the circumstances of the Mac push could indicate that the wagons were not both town, and more importantly I think if Nanook was purely fucking with us he would have dropped it by now so I’m taking it seriously until given reason to otherwise.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey dunya what specifically triggered your change of mind in Russ? Just curious as to the progression.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:28 am Hey dunya what specifically triggered your change of mind in Russ? Just curious as to the progression.
glad you asked. his last post. he's clearly tunneling me and focused on "dunya dunya dunya" and spinning a negative light to everything i do and say. i attribute this behavior to town more than scum. he wants to nitpick everything i do and show malice intent behind it. he's connecting people who could be my teammates before i even flip lol. i dunno, i've just never seen a scum tunnel a townie before when there were much lower hanging fruits around. no one but him suspects me: if he was mafia, it would be easier to nk me than get me mislynched this way.

what do you think of him?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i mean, if sig is mafia he's treated you the same way so maybe i AM wrong and the mafia team have all picked 1 person to tunnel the fuck out of in the thread :p

also hi speedchuck. what are your thoughts on anyone other than sig. top three "i feel bad about you" people?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:36 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:28 am Hey dunya what specifically triggered your change of mind in Russ? Just curious as to the progression.
glad you asked. his last post. he's clearly tunneling me and focused on "dunya dunya dunya" and spinning a negative light to everything i do and say. i attribute this behavior to town more than scum. he wants to nitpick everything i do and show malice intent behind it. he's connecting people who could be my teammates before i even flip lol. i dunno, i've just never seen a scum tunnel a townie before when there were much lower hanging fruits around. no one but him suspects me: if he was mafia, it would be easier to nk me than get me mislynched this way.

what do you think of him?
Yeah I have consistently thought he’s being genuine, although my gut has some doubts during the night phase apparently, so I’ll try to resolve those.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:59 am That's not logic though it's wild guessing. Nanook hasn't said at ant point that h es not allowed to share how he got his "check".
It's in the game's rules. You are not allowed to reveal how you get jiggies.

We know nanook got a jiggy in the night and he's claiming something happened in the night that that made him believe Sig is bad, those two are obviously connected.
dunya wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:03 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:47 pm dunya feels very honest and I can understand her thought proccesses just fine.
[VOTE: DDL] aubergine

no way you have no reservations about me in a game where we are t/t lmao. you and nutella bad?

i'm surprised you didn't include a sloonei blurb there when he's been a big vocal point for most of us. you started by saying his tone was mean and scum reading him for it. do you feel bad about it? feels like real guilt there. :p

i need nanook to clarify what he means about red checking sig. why is he asking him to roleclaim? i have a moral dilemma in believing sig would have pushed mp that far if he was mafia and mp wasn't. i think it went beyond what is acceptable in a mafia game. color me naive, but that's where i stand.
I don't HAVE to suspect you in a game every time.

I also agree Sig doing what he did to MP while mafia crosses the line but I think he already crossed the line anyway so I'm just taking the fact Sig is a jerk for granted and rolling with it.

I dunno how to read Sloonei. My case on him was weak af, based on some early feel of sarcasm I'm not really getting anymore. I also agree with everyone and their dog he is off-meta, but not sure if that's AI.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 am i mean, if sig is mafia he's treated you the same way so maybe i AM wrong and the mafia team have all picked 1 person to tunnel the fuck out of in the thread :p

also hi speedchuck. what are your thoughts on anyone other than sig. top three "i feel bad about you" people?
Depends a lot on Sig's flip. I have an eye on TH, but if sig is bad, I have a hard time seeing them as a teammate. Same for nanook.

I've been skimming through D1 and I'm interested in the lynch results. If sig is mafia, mac could have been a save. if he's town, I really suspect the people who avoided both of those wagons and parked their vote somewhere useless.

So

TH, Nanook, and Sig are big ones to look at.
DDL, nutella, TSP, russ for sig-town, because possible TMI. (I'd have to read closer to see who)
Maybe Sloonei on the mac wagon if sig is scum?

That might seem a little inconclusive but I practically replaced into my own role D2, so. Busy weekend. My thoughts are a lot of places and I'm just spitballin.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 20

Post by sig »

Claiming is such a lame way to play. Especially when nanook isnt even claiming. Double that with claiming anything this early isn't sound strategy and since I didn't target anyone last night there couldn't have even been watching/tracking confusion.

It's a fake peek which nanook always says he wants to/has done.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:11 am
sig wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm SO a combination of factors effected my mafia read of MP.

Last game, which just ended with a mafia victory, the team included MP who had flipped civ, but was actually mafia. He reacted the same way there when I poked him as he did here and said I just hound him for no reason. I'm seeing the same game-play here and have the same gut feel.

Which is the main reason why I'm sticking to my guns here with my MP read.

Mac, rip was wrong there, not the end of the world. I do plan to reread some things, but overall alot of people are still just leans.
You do realize MP replaced someone else in that game and the one you poked was town, right?

You never interacted with scum MP that game.
Maybe check back on that game? Since he was mafia.
ImageImage

Sig, it isn’t a fake peek. Claim your shit or die.

Also MP was town, died, and replaced back in as mafia in last game. It’s not complicated or a hard concept to grasp...for most of us at least
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

lol i dont even know what to say
this has been a very long day
let's all try to read each other
and not talk past one another

mafia is usually a good time
but emotions are running strong
i blame quarantine for the crime
excuses aside, it's still wrong

let's be kinder and give a fuck
about each other today
and with a little bit of luck
we catch scum i pray

now these are my 4 rhymes today
because i had no idea
jiggies are permanent they say
oh my, mamma mia
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, quarantine is definitely scum, let's vote it out of here.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:07 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:14 pm Vompatti is what we'd call a dadaist mafia player.

There is no obvious meaning to his posts. No direction or inherent logic.

You don't understand Vompatti, you experience Vompatti.

Nanook is fucking JaggedJimmyJay compared to Vompatti.
And yeah, this is Vompatti.

@Russtifinko, I wouldn't say he plays like Vompatti, but he does have a... Chaotic Neutral type of D&D alignment in terms of mafia play.

Vompatti is more like Chaotic Evil.
Thanks, this is helpful. This response in itself would make me feel worse about the intense rhyming, but given NANOOK's tone change today, I'm feeling better about him anyway. He's up from on-the-fence to at least mild civ for me.

Please don't @ me anymore - it does this weird thing where if I quote the post, my computer wants to autofill Russtifinko and delete part of my post if I hit the enter key, and I can't make it go away.
sig wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:45 pm Claiming is such a lame way to play. Especially when nanook isnt even claiming. Double that with claiming anything this early isn't sound strategy and since I didn't target anyone last night there couldn't have even been watching/tracking confusion.

It's a fake peek which nanook always says he wants to/has done.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:11 am
sig wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm SO a combination of factors effected my mafia read of MP.

Last game, which just ended with a mafia victory, the team included MP who had flipped civ, but was actually mafia. He reacted the same way there when I poked him as he did here and said I just hound him for no reason. I'm seeing the same game-play here and have the same gut feel.

Which is the main reason why I'm sticking to my guns here with my MP read.

Mac, rip was wrong there, not the end of the world. I do plan to reread some things, but overall alot of people are still just leans.
You do realize MP replaced someone else in that game and the one you poked was town, right?

You never interacted with scum MP that game.
Maybe check back on that game? Since he was mafia.
I do get why people are saying sig going after MP the way he has seems beyond the bounds of what a mafia would do, but this defense post just seems scummy af to me. He says claiming is lame, which, of course mafia would think that, and literally the #1 rule is that roleclaiming and infodumping are legal. If you didn't like that, you wouldn't have signed up for this game, so to complain about it now seems not genuine.

Minor thing here, but "not the end of the world" isn't the best reaction to a civ lynch I've seen, even if it is D1.

Sig also claims that NANOOK always says he wants to/has done a fake peek, which, what? A civ would never do that, and it would be a ballsy move for a baddie considering we can't be anywhere near LYLO yet. Also, he's saying DDL and MP are both lying about this other game. So sig, correct me if I'm wrong here, but you're saying that 1) you're not bad and also 2) NANOOK, DDL, and MP are all bad, and are all basically revealing themselves by lying to set you up for a mislynch on D2??? If I'm misunderstanding you there, and you see a way that civ NANOOK, DDL, or MP do that, let me know, but I just don't buy it. No way a baddie team gives up 3 members for one civ lynch on D2, especially if, as you say, you have no power.

Finally, where the claim comes from does seem pretty straightforward given DDL's point about jiggies, and another Page 1 rule says we can't share how we get bonus jiggies. So sig seems to be intentionally failing to understand that.
Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:51 am Doesn't Sig's treatment of MP make anyone else think sig is town because of it? Like why, as a scum accusing someone he would have to KNOW is town, would sig go after a guy using false logic about a different game and also run the risk of making it so heated and emotional and personal for both parties? Sig believes what he's saying or else he just simply wouldn't have bothered (as scum).

Nanook's red peek on sig, therefore and for other nanook-seems-sketchy related reasons, looks fake to me. Especially how he chose to present it with such a soft push. Using terms like "pretty likely" to be a red check gives him some breathing room if it turns out he's wrong.

TL;DR Sig's push on MP looks genuine. Nanook's push on sig looks fake.
If sig is indeed bad, TH is my top pick for a teammate. BTW, dunya was right about this:
dunya wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:26 am alright cool, we'll all lynch sig end of day. now can we play mafia cos im sure sig has teammates.
, since today seems relatively open-and-shut.

I would also peg G-man as a potential teamie, based pretty much solely on his D1 vote. My gut gives me some hesitation on that one, though, as does the fact that Epi was NK'ed: anyone else think it was really weird choice, given that Epi could've been expected to take a lot of heat for his D1 vote? He also had been attracting some attention D1 (on purpose, as we now know).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

Oh, I forgot to point out that speedchuck spents 3 posts in a row above to basically waffle on and then soft defend sig. Not a good look IMO.

Hey the aubergine thing isn't as hard as I thought. Isn't it more of a teal, though?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Piling onto sig feels lame so early in the phase.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Sprinkled throughout his posts is quite a bit of pondering how baddies might strategically approach this game. More than once did I think he was more concerned with that than analyzing the game happening right in front of him. I will have to go back and look for specific examples.

Would you, could you, fuel the fire
Of dear old Sloonei’s funeral pyre?
ISO him for yourself and see
If you might, perchance, agree with me.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If nanook can fool me 3 consecutive games I'll probably cry irl, but I guess an investigation result can overcome even my biggest instincts of not wanting to look like an idiot.

That said, I do think naook's claim isn't the most airtight. Even if I'm right about him not being able to reveal because of the jiggy rule, it's still not a very solid looking case, because we don't know the details and nanook himself admitted he isn't 100% sure.

But the fact Sig digging his own grave by refusing to claim doesn't help and makes me want to keep my vote there.
dunya wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:08 pm now these are my 4 rhymes today
Cool, you need just one more now.

I mean ngl it’s not a hard red, but without a claim it’s >rand chance of being mafia. Significantly greater. So unless Sig claims I’m treating it as a full red, if he wants to cooperate that would be cool and make the game easier 🤷‍♀️

While there are some specific scenarios I’ll fake a red in, this definitely isn’t one of them
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

wow this game is frustrating because everyone is talking past each other lol. DDL's hypothesis of nanook's thing makes a lot of sense to me, I don't get why TH is pushing back on it so much because I think Nanook is telling the truth but it could be something kind of ambiguous. Sig is just being dumb now about the MP thing, multiple people explained that he was town and then replaced and he just ignored that lol. And his refusal to claim in the face of nanook's request makes me think it's more likely nanook's info is good so [VOTE: sig] aubergine for now.

Russti if you just delete the "@" symbol in the post editor the annoying thing goes away. It's a dumb bug but that at least makes it stop.

I don't see the case on G-Man at all. He feels like normal G-Man to me.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm also a bit frustrated at the apparent contradiction in the rules that infodumping is legal except regarding jiggies -- if Nanook has info due to a jiggy pursuit, can he claim it or not?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't remember which game it was, but I think there was an instance where town Sig lost a game on purpose to make a point about being against claiming. Or maybe it was someone else (this happens a lot in the other forum I play in). Correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is true it makes me paranoid, though. There is a good chance nanook is telling the truth but his info isn't really conclusive, and Sig is gonna self destruct to make a point anyway.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 pm I don't remember which game it was, but I think there was an instance where town Sig lost a game on purpose to make a point about being against claiming. Or maybe it was someone else (this happens a lot in the other forum I play in). Correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is true it makes me paranoid, though. There is a good chance nanook is telling the truth but his info isn't really conclusive, and Sig is gonna self destruct to make a point anyway.
Notably Nanook also faked a red peek in a recent game (the baseball one), though that person happened to be indeed mafia :p But from what he's said here I believe he's not lying this time and he is admitting that his info might not be 100% reliable. But yeah you make a point that goes against Nanook's plan to policy-lynch sig for refusing to claim. :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

G-man is bad, I say.
G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:57 pm Patching together a reads list yields this:

GOOD VIBES
-Russ: His good on the fake-claim cover roles makes me feel good. A baddie would have clarified with the host.
-Dunya: I like her spunk. She's more assertive and direct than I would suspect a baddie to be.
-Epi: He makes good counter-punches, but how many times have I been duped into civ reading him in the past?

TBD (I need to ISO these for a stronger read)
-DDL
-sig
-Sloonei
-Speed
-Tony
-TH

BAD VIBES
-MP: This might be old bias due to his high-volume style of play. It's a soft ping, so don't take it the wrong way.
-Nutella: Equal parts old bias and not feeling much of anything despite the volume of her ISO.
-Mac: He keeps coming back to low-hanging fruit. Lazy for a civvie to do; wise for a baddie. It's never lost its appeal. I am low-hanging fruit, I realize this, so my judgement may be a tad harsh.
-Nanook: Maybe it's a lack of familiarity, but something in his play rubs me the wrong way. Rhyme scheme in moderation and play the game, friendo.
All four of his "BAD" reads come with built-in concessions. I wouldn't quite call it hedging or "wishywashy"; instead G is admitting the flaw in all of his reads ("old bias" x2, "may be a tad harsh", "Maybe it's lack of familiarity"). The effect suggests a player who is tentative because he knows his reads are wrong, as opposed to a player who is keeping an open mind.

The same thing comes out when he elaborates on his nanook read:
G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:23 pm
G-Man:

He needs more time to post. He doesn't have much, but I will say this:
-Not a fan of his insistence on rhyming. Yes, it’s cheeky and fun but even I won’t encourage everyone to post solely in rhymes. Not a fan of his repetition of it. (-1)
...is strange coming from a guy who insists on practicing strange and quirky gimmicks all the time (his posts all start with a P, this time, by the way).

It's doubtful to me that someone of G-Man's quirky caliber would characterize posting in rhymes as something bad or inscrutable. We understand song lyrics just fine (well, most. We have Yes and Led Zeppelin...)

I would lynch G-Man today.
Peculiar? Yes. Hypocritical? Perhaps. In this game, there is a limit to how beneficial the rhymes are. You can fit them in here and there between prose as well. Once the benefit is over, sticking with the rhymes just impairs communication. I think it’s his apparent stubbornness to abstain from prose more so than the use of rhyme. My play experience with him is quite limited. If he’s quirky like me, then it might make sense. I lack that context. I’m voting for Nanook now so I have a vote on the board as I start ISOing the people I have little to no read on.
This post also feels as though it has a sort of falsely inflated confidence, like he is overcompensating when pushed on a read that is weak.
G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:38 pm Playing the Joker here and switching my vote to sig. Do something other than gripe about MP. Otherwise it feels like distancing to me.

Let’s see how this changes the last 20 minutes of the phase. :feb:
Embraces the role as an agent of chaos at the end of Day 1. My sense is that G-man doesn't care about the roof, he just wants to see it burn.
G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:53 pm Perhaps I am a sadist, but I want to see MP and sig work their issues out like adults. No easy outs!

Switching to Mac
Mhmm.

G-Man wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 pm Pocketing my GTH reads until just before or after the flip. No reason to show the baddies who the least-suspected civ is while there is still time to submit/change their kill. My reads have evolved though after my re-read. Fun times.
I do not care for this line of thinking in general. A mafia team who is reading the thread like normal will have a sense of who's trusted and who's not. They don't need lists to tell them that. In this context I can also read it as an easy excuse to put off the supposedly helpful exercise. And also G-man made two comprehensive reads lists during the day. So I call balderdash on this statement, sir. Balderdash!
G-Man wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:21 pm Piling onto sig feels lame so early in the phase.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Sprinkled throughout his posts is quite a bit of pondering how baddies might strategically approach this game. More than once did I think he was more concerned with that than analyzing the game happening right in front of him. I will have to go back and look for specific examples.

Would you, could you, fuel the fire
Of dear old Sloonei’s funeral pyre?
ISO him for yourself and see
If you might, perchance, agree with me.
He's currently voting for me. :meany: Why is concern about potential mafia strategies a bad thing? Why can't I be concerned about that while also analyzing people?

G-man is bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

3. Nanook is crafty with claims,
And he's done it in other games.
He may be distorting truth
But sig should still claim, forsooth.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I mean I’m not “policy” TKing Sig, I just have info that makes me think he’s scum in a vacuum. If his claim clears that up convincingly, great, but without a claim it’s more likely than not scum.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:20 pm I mean I’m not “policy” TKing Sig, I just have info that makes me think he’s scum in a vacuum. If his claim clears that up convincingly, great, but without a claim it’s more likely than not scum.
We are not in a vacuum.
When you say more likely scum
Do you mean 80% or 51?
Because I look at what sig has done
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:38 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:20 pm I mean I’m not “policy” TKing Sig, I just have info that makes me think he’s scum in a vacuum. If his claim clears that up convincingly, great, but without a claim it’s more likely than not scum.
We are not in a vacuum.
Do you mean 80% or 51?
Until he claims we functionally are.

Also even 51% would still be significantly >rand lol, assuming a 3/11 ratio is 23% at game start or 27% now.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:12 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:38 pm
We are not in a vacuum.
Do you mean 80% or 51?
Until he claims we functionally are.

Also even 51% would still be significantly >rand lol, assuming a 3/11 ratio is 23% at game start or 27% now.
>rand, yes.
>townread, though?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

My goodness it's quiet here
Is everyone spectating champs?
Or are we just waiting a year
for sig to respond to nook's clamps?

(7)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

nutella wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:41 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 pm I don't remember which game it was, but I think there was an instance where town Sig lost a game on purpose to make a point about being against claiming. Or maybe it was someone else (this happens a lot in the other forum I play in). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Notably Nanook also faked a red peek in a recent game (the baseball one), though that person happened to be indeed mafia :p But from what he's said here I believe he's not lying this time and he is admitting that his info might not be 100% reliable. But yeah you make a point that goes against Nanook's plan to policy-lynch sig for refusing to claim. :shrug2:
I've been known to take pretty hard-line stances against claiming and infodumping, too. But it's in the rules for this game, so to the extent it helps us, we might as well. We're at a disadvantage to begin with because of post count restrictions, so we should use every (legal) advantage we have.

I wouldn't call it a policy lynch, though. Even with NANOOK's admittedly not-certain infodump, I probably wouldn't vote sig today if that was the only thing against him. There's also yesterday's lynch vote, which looked like a save to me, and his reaction to this read, which has been to stubbornly not claim and then make a bunch of false statements.

G-Man, I'm gonna ISO both you and Sloonei, with as open a mind as possible, but I probably won't get around to it until tomorrow at least. He pinged me very early on, and you're now one of my top suspects. I do think it's a good look that he put so much detail into that ISO before anyone followed your advice to ISO him. I never think an OMGUS is super inspiring, but I'm probably giving a little more leeway on this one than I usually would since I do think D1 points to you being bad.

nutella thanks for the help with "@"! That was driving me insane.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm My goodness it's quiet here

(7)
Yeah, work is ramping up for me big time (yay end of the semester), and with what free time I have had today I've mostly devoted it to speccing Champs. Especially since I've not been able to follow through on that in prior years much at all. I'll eventually do things here fwiw.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

(7)
I think he already has.
Responded, that is.
He made is clear as
anything he says
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Russtifinko wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:24 pm

I've been known to take pretty hard-line stances against claiming and infodumping, too. But it's in the rules for this game, so to the extent it helps us, we might as well. We're at a disadvantage to begin with because of post count restrictions, so we should use every (legal) advantage we have.

I wouldn't call it a policy lynch, though. Even with NANOOK's admittedly not-certain infodump, I probably wouldn't vote sig today if that was the only thing against him. There's also yesterday's lynch vote, which looked like a save to me, and his reaction to this read, which has been to stubbornly not claim and then make a bunch of false statements.

G-Man, I'm gonna ISO both you and Sloonei, with as open a mind as possible, but I probably won't get around to it until tomorrow at least. He pinged me very early on, and you're now one of my top suspects. I do think it's a good look that he put so much detail into that ISO before anyone followed your advice to ISO him. I never think an OMGUS is super inspiring, but I'm probably giving a little more leeway on this one than I usually would since I do think D1 points to you being bad.

You should have a good reason not to suspect me, but I am unclear who you are saying is OMGUSing here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:04 pm

You should have a good reason not to suspect me, but I am unclear who you are saying is OMGUSing here?
As far as I saw, G-Man came at you first, so that would make you the OMGUSer. However, as I said, I think G-Man is bad, so take that with a big grain of salt.

Also, I am notoriously bad at hints. What's the reason not to suspect you? (If I'm likely to come across it when I ISO you then you don't have to bother right now though.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Russtifinko wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:04 pm

As far as I saw, G-Man came at you first, so that would make you the OMGUSer. However, as I said, I think G-Man is bad, so take that with a big grain of salt.

Also, I am notoriously bad at hints. What's the reason not to suspect you? (If I'm likely to come across it when I ISO you then you don't have to bother right now though.)
My vote's been on G-man since the start of the day. I just didn't give any reasons why until a few hours ago.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 40

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 am You're making a loooot of assumptions about how nanook's role works, Luffy. Why are you doing that?
Guessing = good
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 40

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei might be bad
But I think I’m wrong
To keep pursuing THead
Who Keeps chugging along
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

(7)
I wanted to save most of my posts for the second day.

But second day is here so better start using them!

I'm getting second thoughts about this Sig lynch. It is logical, but gut says it's too easy and there is a good chance Sig has the perfect explanation against it but refuses to claim and dooms himself. Also aside from nanook's ping, I really do think he looks more civ than bad.

I made a point about him having already crossed the line but chances Sig was just feeling he was right on the whole MP debacle and faking that is a level of scumminess I'm not sure he'd go to. Honestly, I was also pretty bothered by that whole thing on MP's behalf. I tend to get emotional when I think someone else is being bullied.

I wanna sheep on Sloon's G-Man case. Wasn't suspecting G-Man that much but he wasn't a strong green either. Sloon makes good points. G-Man is saying a lot without commiting to anything.

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine

Return to “Previous Rackets”