Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:19 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:18 pm lol.

Nope. I am asking these questions because of how they reflect on you. This isn't self-defense. This is town sloonei doing town sloonei things. I know I'm never being lynched today. I am considering you.

So talk to me about Night 2 please.
I don't feel sincerity from you.
Wild. Nutella said the same thing on Night 2.

[VOTE: MP] aubergine
So you're lynching me because I don't remember that and based on something someone else said? What exactly from Night 2 do you want to talk to me about?
That's not it at all. Not even close.

Have you read Night 2 at all?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Nope. I am asking these questions because of how they reflect on you. This isn't self-defense. This is town sloonei doing town sloonei things. I know I'm never being lynched today. I am considering you.

So you're lynching me because I don't remember that and based on something someone else said? What exactly from Night 2 do you want to talk to me about?

Honestly Sloonei, I can't even keep track of what happened in what phase for the most part in this game, and I don't know what else to tell you.

For a man considered about players "burning posts" so much earlier in the game, you don't seem to give a fuck about that right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lest we all forget that Sloonei suspected Tony for asking him something that caused him to talk about it multiple times. I no longer think that was real.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:15 pm Does scum DDL invite me to read his partner Nutella right after I replace in?
No.

Does townie DDL ask Jack to investigate his own teammate? Maybe...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Honestly Sloonei, I can't even keep track of what happened in what phase for the most part in this game, and I don't know what else to tell you.

For a man considered about players "burning posts" so much earlier in the game, you don't seem to give a fuck about that right now.
I've been collecting jiggies and getting more comfortable with the format.

But here, let me help you. I am trying to ask you if you've seen the exchange that begins at this post and carries on for quite a while over the course of Night 2. Because if you are going to float the idea that nutella and I are partners, it seems fair to consider what is easily the most significant interaction the two of us had in the game.

I asked about it because it didn't seem like you had much awareness of it. You've now admitted as much. I've grown more suspicious over the course of this conversation because, like nutella before, I am getting the sense that you are lashing out against me without actually having read the stuff that I'm talking about. It feels blind and hapless, just like it did when she tried it before. Your reaction does not make sense to me from a civilian MP: instead of admitting that you hadn't read A Thing and reserving judgment til you had, you immediately leapt to "This isn't town Sloonei."

My initial question was whether or not you had read Night 2. We have established that you had not read it at the time. I'll give you time to do that and then we can hit the reset button, but you've dug yourself a bad little hole here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:36 pm

But here, let me help you. I am trying to ask you if you've seen the exchange that begins at this post and carries on for quite a while over the course of Night 2. Because if you are going to float the idea that nutella and I are partners, it seems fair to consider what is easily the most significant interaction the two of us had in the game.

I asked about it because it didn't seem like you had much awareness of it. You've now admitted as much. I've grown more suspicious over the course of this conversation because, like nutella before, I am getting the sense that you are lashing out against me without actually having read the stuff that I'm talking about. It feels blind and hapless, just like it did when she tried it before. Your reaction does not make sense to me from a civilian MP: instead of admitting that you hadn't read A Thing and reserving judgment til you had, you immediately leapt to "This isn't town Sloonei."

My initial question was whether or not you had read Night 2. We have established that you had not read it at the time. I'll give you time to do that and then we can hit the reset button, but you've dug yourself a bad little hole here.
Why didn't you just say this to begin with? Jesus fuck. Thank you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:28 pm Lest we all forget that Sloonei suspected Tony for asking him something that caused him to talk about it multiple times. I no longer think that was real.
This exchange is pivotal and progressive.
It would be detrimental not to be aggressive
When I have my sights on a suspect, red handed
And the scum team set to be disbanded.

Day 1 Tony asked me something
with no true aim or direction.
It had no purpose, it was a lame thing.
But this exchange has given me a burst of energy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:39 pm

Because then you wouldn't have given me this juicy reaction.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, that increasingly doesn't read like distancing nearly as much as I remembered from what I had in my memory as Sloonei/nutella interactions, especially reading it all successively. This post especially reads like pure shade from nutella. And even if I think you're both fully capable of faking stuff, that seems way too on the nose.

I thought it was within the realm of possibility, but nah. Just ignore me. Fuck. I'm sorry everyone. I should have just continued not saying anything because I'm less familiar with this thread than the rest of you apparently. I'm unvoting and I'll just let you all do things because I really don't know what the fuck is going on and now I've wasted most of my posts being a fucking moron.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks for working with me.

Not the type of thing I like, frankly, especially when it's obvious I'm struggling by drowning here, but fine, it's fair game, and if you suspect me, it's entirely understandable treatment. I just feel like you've given me no option to show me that I'm town, and that's what was bugging me about the whole thing. I remember working with town Sloonei and him not being cagey AF. This feels like a GOTCHA, SEE, HAHAHAHA.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

But you know what, that's fine, I'm nearly out of fucking posts now so that's pretty great.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I need more jiggies to talk more
In case I have things to say
But rhyming now is quite the chore
It's not the turnip way

Maybe I can get them out the way
In one fell swoop
Please tell me this is okay
Jagged Jimmy Joop

If this is unacceptable
I'll have to rhyme again
I think it's on the bubble,
Unclear rules for the win

The magic number is five
That's how many rhymes
It takes to get a jiggy jive
And nickels are half of dimes

Trust the jiggy to bring me home
In jiggies name we pray
This has turned into a tome
A funny way to play
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks for working with me.

Not the type of thing I like, frankly, especially when it's obvious I'm struggling by drowning here, but fine, it's fair game, and if you suspect me, it's entirely understandable treatment. I just feel like you've given me no option to show me that I'm town, and that's what was bugging me about the whole thing. I remember working with town Sloonei and him not being cagey AF. This feels like a GOTCHA, SEE, HAHAHAHA.
I was not trying to getcha more than I ever try to getch any of my suspects on a normal day. Sometimes when you want to develop a read on a player you need to see how they react when the heat is on. I am very willing to work with you. But your initial reaction to what was meant to just be token pressure was over the top and didn't reflect an honest response to the thread that we're in, as far as I can tell. Nothing is set in stone right now, but all I was trying to do at the beginning was get you to talk about the nutella/sloonei theory. It looked bad when you didn't engage with that, just like it looked bad when nutella didn't engage with the case against G-man. I do not understand why you assumed I was being defensive at first or why you leapt to an assumption that I was doing anything dishonest. I was following the direction of your responses.

Sorry if this has upset you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's fine, Sloonei, really. I'll get over it, at least I've confirmed you as town now; I just don't see why you do all of this as scum anymore. I'm sorry for being a general asshat about the whole thing. My mood is pretty fucked especially in the last 48 hours, so that probably doesn't help all of this. I was doing okay for a while there, but I've barely left my house now in almost two months, and even though I'm a hermit-level introvert, it's really getting to me. Quarantine always scum tbh.

dunya
Russ
Sloonei

Turnip

Jack
DDL
G-Man

speed

I guess if I had to separate my POE out... I don't really know, everyone seems town tbh.

I have 2 posts left, so I guess I really am going back to work now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MP is melting down like ice cream in a microwave.

Sloonei went after him with normal logical reasoning and he exploded in a burst of OMGUS and deflections.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:10 pm That said, my initial inclination was to clear you completely, and although after looking back at the stuff and/or thinking about it more thoroughly I can more easily envision nutella/Sloonei, I don't believe it strongly... but maybe I should.

Anyway, work, things, I only have so many posts. Stuff.
I can't believe a townie even writes this post.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:13 pm So have you not read Night 2 then? :evileye:
Town Sloonei doesn't say this. I'm locking on this.
I can't believe a townie makes that connection. Town Sloonei doesn't do what? Ask you if you read their previous posts?

"Honestly Sloonei, I'm not trying to lynch mafia in this game so how do you expect me to have thoughts the exchange that just resulted in a mafia death?"

"Also allow me to bring up some Day 0 shade that nobody cares about anymore because I need to deflect this argument somehow"

He was being pretty clear about what he wanted, but you lost your shit and went on an OMGUS frenzy.

This isn't Sloonei being manipulative, this is Sloonei doing the normal routine of asking players to give their opinions on things and looking at every side. You could have just given your opinion on the Night 2 events. I mean, if you had that opinion in the first place...
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:36 pm I asked about it because it didn't seem like you had much awareness of it. You've now admitted as much. I've grown more suspicious over the course of this conversation because, like nutella before, I am getting the sense that you are lashing out against me without actually having read the stuff that I'm talking about. It feels blind and hapless, just like it did when she tried it before. Your reaction does not make sense to me from a civilian MP: instead of admitting that you hadn't read A Thing and reserving judgment til you had, you immediately leapt to "This isn't town Sloonei."
Exactly.

This is the nutella thing all over again. MP was caught with a demand to produce reads, and reads he could not make.

[VOTE: MP 7] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:04 pm It's fine, Sloonei, really. I'll get over it, at least I've confirmed you as town now; I just don't see why you do all of this as scum anymore. I'm sorry for being a general asshat about the whole thing. My mood is pretty fucked especially in the last 48 hours, so that probably doesn't help all of this. I was doing okay for a while there, but I've barely left my house now in almost two months, and even though I'm a hermit-level introvert, it's really getting to me. Quarantine always scum tbh.

dunya
Russ
Sloonei

Turnip

Jack
DDL
G-Man

speed

I guess if I had to separate my POE out... I don't really know, everyone seems town tbh.

I have 2 posts left, so I guess I really am going back to work now.
It's cool, buddy. Happens to all of us.

But you are going to join your teammate nutella in the afterlife.

RIP.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note that if you run out of posts, you're still permitted to place and change your vote. You may call your vote in the thread, but the post may not contain anything else.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I need to hear from [mention]dunya[/mention] and [mention]Russtifinko[/mention] before I feel confident in this wagon; I trust their takes on MP
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Go find yourself another ML, DDL.

[VOTE: Dragon D. Luffy] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moved back to Tony/Jack.
MP's wagon is on track,
But dunya had a dream:
We can lynch Jack for the meme.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Coming from dunya it wouldn't be weird, she probably used her psychic powers to figure out Jack is bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm only half joking. I have so much faith in dunya that I'm not ruling out the possibility that she unconsciously solved this game. :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fuck, I can't believe I have to do this, but I guess I have to. I really tried to avoid it, but here we are. And I wanted to wait for dunya or Russ, but I think I should probably just do this now instead of later so you all can perform investigation elsewhere.

This will be my final post of the day. I'm willing to vote anyone out of my POE (and self-preservation, but if I have to do that I'll be disappointed), and I'll be watching the thread as much as I can even though I can't say anything.

I'm the town jailkeeper, which means I both protect my target from NKs and block them from performing their action. This is partly why I've been playing especially low key lately, because I didn't want to get NKed and I thought my role could serve us much better as the game went on, and I was worried that I was getting townread too much, so I had to purposefully suppress my WIM. But yeah, I had no flipping idea I would become the #1 wagon today. Now everything else I said was true, but my being a PR definitely factored into my play here, and it's hard to say how I would have played here if I were VT, but that doesn't matter now I guess.

My general thinking with my role was to do anything I could to stop the NK, and if I could do that at least once, it would give us valuable extra time. So I was really hoping to live to at least D4 so I could try again tonight. Unfortunately, I guess that won't happen now.

- I targeted Russ N1. I generally thought he'd be one of the most likely to die due to him getting consensus townread (except by dunya, I believe was the only holdout), but I was also a bit worried of tinfoil there, so I felt that was the best of both worlds. You can see how I even pull back on Russ N1 in my rainbow reads (go look if you don't believe me, I tried to make it clear). I was vague about it when asked later (I think by dunya?) because it was purely for breadcrumbs reasons.

- I targeted dunya N2. Similar logic. I didn't really breadcrumb that last night though, sorry, and I was also thinking it was going to stop the kill because I thought for sure dunya had an incredibly high chance of dying last night. But then the thread developed, and I realized they might go for the PR kill of Nanook, and I almost changed my thing to Nanook at the last minute but I didn't because I wasn't sure and I didn't want to block Nanook because I thought he was very likely a motion detector (which I thought from the series of his sig claim, where a motion detector is someone who sees motion, and so maybe he thought if sig claimed VT, then he'd have backed off, but since sig never claimed anything it didn't go anywhere), so... yeah.

So this means that you all now know that Russ never performs the kill on N1 and dunya never performs the kill on N2, but unfortunately that's all I got as far as helpful information here. I think that my being a PR is why I was more willing to defend Nanook's line of suspicion and more easily understand where he was coming from than the thread in general, as well as think G-Man could be scum here today because if we have Nanook's role, my role, and a town vig, I don't see how we have a fourth town PR as easily there from what we know about this setup so far.

I had to play up some uncertainty just a bit for suspicion's sake, but it backfired (just a bit lol oops), sorry guys. I really did feel relatively uncertain earlier today and I was trying to feel out Sloonei plus see what anyone else would do (and that's why what DDL did here bothers me x1000 more than what Sloonei did, especially because I'm NOT nutella and I don't play like her, so his jump on this thing reeks of opportunism like nothing else). I'm 99% sure that dunya, Russ, Turnip, and Sloonei are all town right now, so I think we can still win this thing, especially if you all rightly believe me.

Now please, get your votes off me and make the scum NK me tonight, because I'm pretty sure I'm our strongest PR left in this game now that a vig shot has been fired, and I refuse to be the designated ML today.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:26 pm Fuck, I can't believe I have to do this, but I guess I have to. I really tried to avoid it, but here we are. And I wanted to wait for dunya or Russ, but I think I should probably just do this now instead of later so you all can perform investigation elsewhere.

This will be my final post of the day. I'm willing to vote anyone out of my POE (and self-preservation, but if I have to do that I'll be disappointed), and I'll be watching the thread as much as I can even though I can't say anything.

I'm the town jailkeeper, which means I both protect my target from NKs and block them from performing their action. This is partly why I've been playing especially low key lately, because I didn't want to get NKed and I thought my role could serve us much better as the game went on, and I was worried that I was getting townread too much, so I had to purposefully suppress my WIM. But yeah, I had no flipping idea I would become the #1 wagon today. Now everything else I said was true, but my being a PR definitely factored into my play here, and it's hard to say how I would have played here if I were VT, but that doesn't matter now I guess.

My general thinking with my role was to do anything I could to stop the NK, and if I could do that at least once, it would give us valuable extra time. So I was really hoping to live to at least D4 so I could try again tonight. Unfortunately, I guess that won't happen now.

- I targeted Russ N1. I generally thought he'd be one of the most likely to die due to him getting consensus townread (except by dunya, I believe was the only holdout), but I was also a bit worried of tinfoil there, so I felt that was the best of both worlds. You can see how I even pull back on Russ N1 in my rainbow reads (go look if you don't believe me, I tried to make it clear). I was vague about it when asked later (I think by dunya?) because it was purely for breadcrumbs reasons.

- I targeted dunya N2. Similar logic. I didn't really breadcrumb that last night though, sorry, and I was also thinking it was going to stop the kill because I thought for sure dunya had an incredibly high chance of dying last night. But then the thread developed, and I realized they might go for the PR kill of Nanook, and I almost changed my thing to Nanook at the last minute but I didn't because I wasn't sure and I didn't want to block Nanook because I thought he was very likely a motion detector (which I thought from the series of his sig claim, where a motion detector is someone who sees motion, and so maybe he thought if sig claimed VT, then he'd have backed off, but since sig never claimed anything it didn't go anywhere), so... yeah.

So this means that you all now know that Russ never performs the kill on N1 and dunya never performs the kill on N2, but unfortunately that's all I got as far as helpful information here. I think that my being a PR is why I was more willing to defend Nanook's line of suspicion and more easily understand where he was coming from than the thread in general, as well as think G-Man could be scum here today because if we have Nanook's role, my role, and a town vig, I don't see how we have a fourth town PR as easily there from what we know about this setup so far.

I had to play up some uncertainty just a bit for suspicion's sake, but it backfired (just a bit lol oops), sorry guys. I really did feel relatively uncertain earlier today and I was trying to feel out Sloonei plus see what anyone else would do (and that's why what DDL did here bothers me x1000 more than what Sloonei did, especially because I'm NOT nutella and I don't play like her, so his jump on this thing reeks of opportunism like nothing else). I'm 99% sure that dunya, Russ, Turnip, and Sloonei are all town right now, so I think we can still win this thing, especially if you all rightly believe me.

Now please, get your votes off me and make the scum NK me tonight, because I'm pretty sure I'm our strongest PR left in this game now that a vig shot has been fired, and I refuse to be the designated ML today.
Can you claim your character, please?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh fuck did he just use his last post and not claim his character?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

He did.

I can't even
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

There are literally 3 protagonists left in this town. One is probably G-Man, one is your friend the vig, and one is the character MP was supposed to claim if we were to believe him.

But now he's "silenced".

:suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 pm Moved back to Tony/Jack.
MP's wagon is on track,
But dunya had a dream:
We can lynch Jack for the meme.
The meme is Dunya dreams of me
She takes this game so seriously
I'm happy with lynching MP
Is this post worth one jiggy?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:19 pm I'm only half joking. I have so much faith in dunya that I'm not ruling out the possibility that she unconsciously solved this game. :p
Dunya suspects townJack when she's awake
Why believe sleepyheads that say I'm fake?
You're just giving the poor girl false hope
Am I lynchable? Gonna say nope
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
Give me at least five 4-line rhymes in the style of Gruntilda (example below) in one day phase, and I will grant you a Jiggy. Easy as that. You can either notify me privately once you have five, or you can just number them publicly (if you want to do that, you don't have to).
They don't have to be in separate posts, either.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Pointing out the fact that [mention]speedchuck[/mention] hasn’t voted in either the Day 1 or Day 2 lynch polls. Between that and his low post count, it makes it all but impossible to form an opinion on him.

[VOTE: Speedchuck for now] aubergine
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I have to do it three more times?
Jesus, I'm pretty bad at rhymes
Multigaming and trying to work
Rhyming about myself is a circlejerk

I've never even played Banjo Kazooie
Love DKR and red balloons = kablooie
My N64 leaves the screen staticy as hell
52 games left on my list oh well

One rhyme to go and I get more to post
I'm here mostly cause I love the host
Work, Realms, CindyKate and Champs, this day is a haze
Maybe I'll win some more posts rhyming in the night phase
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

oh what a clusterfuck. why couldn't all this activity happen when im sitting my ass in front of the thread. thanks for JKing me MP. sorry you had to roleclaim, you've been locktown for me for a while, and i wish i was here to help with sloonei before you felt this need to. also i totally understand how it feels to be quarantined for months, and it's making us all lose our heads a little faster than usual. don't worry about it and message [mention]juliets[/mention] some time, she's the best remedy for those anxious feelings and really helped me

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] mp is town!!! but #jackisbad

it even rhymes. look, a poem:

jack
is
bad
hiss

and his partner is probably ddl.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I could lynch Jack. Or speedchuck.

I really feel like we are missing a huge opportunity by lynching MP today instead of waiting until the night when he can finally claim his characters and either:

1- Claim some minor character which makes us doubt his claim.
2- Claim a major character and get counter-claimed on the spot.

[VOTE: Speedchuck[;vote]] aubergine
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i urge people to read pirates jack. it's similar to this game in how he replaced in as scum. i feel like i see the exact same person here and [mention]speedchuck[/mention] might be able to offer a little more insight on how he's reading jack this game since he was his scummate that game.

check it out. it's not a very long iso: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly

speedchuck hasn't contributed a lot, but he's been frank about not going to. like too frank even. and after isoing him, i see a town speed in his voice when he has pitched in. i totally mindmelded with him in nanook's handling of sig. he said if sig flipped town he'd look into these people for TMI: DDL, nutella, TSP, russ for sig-town, because possible TMI. (I'd have to read closer to see who). hope he can check in before eod tomorrow and tell us how he feels about ddl, tsp/jack, and russ with not only sig flipping town but nutella flipping scum, because those are literally my POE now.

linki: typical of ddl to vote for the one who isn't his teammate :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ddl wants us all to character claim so it makes his job of knowing what roles we have easier, since it seems flavor is related to the game. it is kinda pushy and smells funny.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:07 pm i urge people to read pirates jack. it's similar to this game in how he replaced in as scum. i feel like i see the exact same person here and @speedchuck might be able to offer a little more insight on how he's reading jack this game since he was his scummate that game.
I hardly remember Pirates mafia, but I'll take a look at Jack.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:08 pm ddl wants us all to character claim so it makes his job of knowing what roles we have easier, since it seems flavor is related to the game. it is kinda pushy and smells funny.
I don't want ALL to character claim.

I want MP, who is happy to expose his powerful role for the mafia to see and aim at him, to at least claim his character too so we can see if he should be lynched or not.

I'm not really looking for any other character claims rn.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:07 pm linki: typical of ddl to vote for the one who isn't his teammate :p
I mean I could vote for Jack too but he's looked okay in his catch up and unlike Speed, he's playing the game.

I can't remember a single thing Speed did.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]dunya[/mention] I'm not seeing many similarities between this Jack and Pirate Jack, just in tone and feel. What do you see?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm not going to talk about the out-of-game reasons for not putting in as much content. Those things exist. That's all.

I should not have missed the votes. Missing votes is not something I do as either alignment.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Eh sorry speed I don't wanna give you shit for being busy irl.

I think I'll try to ISO you tomorrow.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Just skimming through Tony and Jack's ISOs (pre-nutella flip) I'd say they're pretty darn compatible. Tony's got some soft defenses of nutella after scumreading her when everyone else was, and nothing else. Jack's only nutella engagement (granted, he came into the game shortly before her death) was an accident where he thought he was quoting dunya.

I'm actually not sure what to think of that second one.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]dunya[/mention] [mention]Russtifinko[/mention] have either of you guys received any items during the night phases?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 pm There are literally 3 protagonists left in this town. One is probably G-Man, one is your friend the vig, and one is the character MP was supposed to claim if we were to believe him.

But now he's "silenced".

:suspish:
I don't feel like this matters? At least not for today's lynch. I don't see a reasonable lynch of MP after that claim.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If someone in the towncore is secretly bad, it's probably Russti
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:07 pm i urge people to read pirates jack. it's similar to this game in how he replaced in as scum. i feel like i see the exact same person here and @speedchuck might be able to offer a little more insight on how he's reading jack this game since he was his scummate that game.

check it out. it's not a very long iso: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly

speedchuck hasn't contributed a lot, but he's been frank about not going to. like too frank even. and after isoing him, i see a town speed in his voice when he has pitched in. i totally mindmelded with him in nanook's handling of sig. he said if sig flipped town he'd look into these people for TMI: DDL, nutella, TSP, russ for sig-town, because possible TMI. (I'd have to read closer to see who). hope he can check in before eod tomorrow and tell us how he feels about ddl, tsp/jack, and russ with not only sig flipping town but nutella flipping scum, because those are literally my POE now.

linki: typical of ddl to vote for the one who isn't his teammate :p
You’re confusing replacing in Jack with scumJack. :shrug2:

I’d prefer wolves vote for me cause on the off chance you pull this off, town learns fuck all from my flip.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:31 pm @dunya @Russtifinko have either of you guys received any items during the night phases?
I did not.

Jesus, there's a lot happening now. In addition to the nutella-ISO reasons for suspecting MP, I was just thinking to myself that early in the game there were super-believable reasons that he'd be out (general stress/busyness, champions, conflict in this game), but that I had expected him back by now. I also didn't like his reaction to Sloonei's poking. And then he claims his role explains that and is likely one of our most powerful powers left....I'm all topsy turvy now.

It looks like speed and TSP/Jack are the only other viable lynches right now? DDL, dunya, Sloon, and TH all came out of the ISO looking better to me. Despite DDL's point below, I still think G-Man looks bad in light of nutella, but he also has claimed.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 pm On the nutella/Gman thing, I can see nutella having been caught having to justify a read she didn't actually have, so she doubled down on it in order to avoid contradicting herself. She hadn't given it any thought before, so now she had to make shit up on the fly. That's how Gman could be town from this exchange.

In summary, I have 4 people who look good in relation to nutella and I want to give a chance to, 2 who look bad but have claimed, and 2 low posters. Yikes.

Does anyone think a baddie team with nutella, G-Man, and MP would be brazen enough to all buddy each other, and then role claim whenever they seemed in danger of being lynched? It would be an insanely bold strategy, but I'm wondering if in this particular setup it might be something a well-coordinated baddie team would go for. Then again, all 3 of them haven't posted as much as their normal meta, which would be a strike against a super active, involved baddie team.

In the meantime I'm gonna reread speed and TSP and see where I get on them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Russtifinko »

Speedchuck ISO:

His early posts are a lot like nutella's: lots of rhyming, not a lot of substance.
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:37 pm They're a pigeon pair of slanking wolves I think. They've both made just two posts. Speedchuck just put in a mighty effort in the other game, roles wolf here, can't muster up the energy to switch modes. G-Man just doesn't like playing Mafia, let alone being Mafia.
I'll speak to that when the other game is done. But don't expect coronachuck in this game, at least not till D2.
I thought this was interesting. Mac theorizing that Speed and G-Man are both bad and are burned out from their last game. Worth remembering that G-Man placed an influential vote on Mac D1, but I don't know if it was before or after this and don't know how I'd find out. Can someone help me on that?
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 pm 14. Epi feels distinctly different in this game, but I'm not currently inclined to view that as a negative point. Reads have been pouring out of him more openly than I'm used to. It's a change that doesn't necessarily strike me as agenda-driven. Or maybe that's the point.
'not-negative'
'not necessarily agenda driven'
'maybe it's supposed to look good'

Do you have a read on Epi, or are those hedge brambles distracting you?
Shading Sloon.
speedchuck wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:13 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:38 pm Playing the Joker here and switching my vote to sig. Do something other than gripe about MP. Otherwise it feels like distancing to me.

Let’s see how this changes the last 20 minutes of the phase. :feb:
Sig/MP feels nothing like distancing.
speedchuck wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:17 pm
sig wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:57 pm Really I don't see how anyone can read MPs post and not think mafia, I also know I'm not tunneling since I've tunneled before this is 100% rational behavior based off his reaction and my gut. Really what I think is happening is either 2 things.

1. MP isn't actually emotional at all he's using it as a tactic and is mafia
2. He's mad and it's bleeding Into his posts that I called him mafia, because he is and I'm right. This is more likely.
"I'm not tunnelling. Really there are only two possibilities. He's mafia or he's mafia."

I townread sig for this post but also find it hilarious.
A pair of posts defending sig and calling that he's town. nutella actually did this as well, but it reminds me more of the nutella/G-Man thing, where they give a VERY staunch defense not really backed up by much. I'll spare you the quote, but ALL of Speed's D2 posts contain some sort of defending of sig, but again not giving much reason - it kinda seems to me like Speed knows sig is good, but isn't willing to put in the effort to actually make a thread-based case about it. Furthermore, aside from some very weak shade-throwing, he doesn't put any sort of attempt into building a counter-wagon. I view this as potentially trying to build civ cred without being committed.

I think this on my own actually convinces me Speed is bad. He's been around a LOT more than I realized this game, but has given us absolutely nothing except some weak town reads on people who turned out town, and light shade on Sloonei. No votes, no cases, no counterwagons, not even a single thread-based reason to defend one of the people he's defending.

You could say that Speed is an inactive just isn't that into the game - he didn't vote either day, and said himself that's not alignment-indicative. But if that's true, and if he hasn't read large portions of the thread, why defend sig so freaking hard?

I will throw in that is Speed is bad, I would feel a lot better about G-Man, since nutella:G-Man = Speedchuck:sig.
speedchuck wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:49 am Nanook is doubling down on the "I had suggestive mechanical information" card, which I STILL believe to have been fake from the start and Nanook's approach has felt suspicious to me. It doesn't look like pro-town fake-peeking (which can be a thing), it looks like malicious mafia fake-peeking, as in his intention from the start was only to get sig lynched and not, INSTEAD, to look for player reactions to his gambit, including the reaction of the hypothetical mafia (in a universe where Nanook is town), no he was JUST trying to get sig lynched, and the way he continues to double down on his ploy feels slimy as hell because he's still strategically sprinkling mentions of "info", info which I assume will never see the light of day, because it doesn't exist, because it can't exist, and yet even after sig's death, nanook mentions that he had it.

Fake and slimy. Nanook is bad.
Having just played with scum nanook, I feel like this is different behavior. He's kinda incensed about the way things turned out, slimy as he was in the whole interaction. If he were scum, he'd probably be openly laughing at us.

Maybe I'm missing some context though.
Defends NANOOK, but again, without any thread-based reasoning, just a weak feel. Potentially another attempt to build up civ cred.
speedchuck wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:16 pm My initial thoughts are that, based on what I remember reading of nutella this morning, Sloonei looks pretty good? And G-man maybe as well?
This is pretty wishy-washy, but literally all I've seen Speed do is townread people this game with weak reasoning. This is a separate reason why is Speed is bad, I feel better about G-Man.
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:19 pm @dunya I'm not seeing many similarities between this Jack and Pirate Jack, just in tone and feel. What do you see?
Same for Jack/TSP.

I think Speed is bad, and I think the other baddies are going to be people he either lightly shaded or didn't talk about at all. It seems like Spped's play this game has been entirely focused on town-reading people to look alright while skating by. I'm putting my vote there now until I ISO Jack.

[VOTE: Speed] aubergine
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Speedchuck hasn't voted at all? I really doubt he would do that if he were bad tbh :-/

Return to “Previous Rackets”