Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Russtifinko »

Spoiler: show
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:33 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

The Power & The Passion - Top 5!

1. Russtifinko - Putting forth some thinking activities in an environment that is probably not super chillax for scum. Liking ya boy.

2. TonyStarkPrime - Really good looks for the boy. Powers to the top of the rankings on the back of some really willing and hectic town pings and good effort.

3. Sig - I like the fire and the penache stirring from within.

4. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

5. Nutella - I have a sense that she is towntella but she doesn't really deserve the read. I don't like that she went for the sig town read. I enjoyed the pressure we were putting on him. But she's obsessed with disrupting earnest scum hunting in the early game for some reason as a matter of course so it's on town meta for her to do this.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - I have this sort of inverse read on TH right now where I think he's kind of taking the piss a bit too much to be scum.

7. Epignosis - Really enjoyed him slapping M Plus 7 across the face with a wet fish but he doesn't care one iota about the roof. He's burning through posts, taking the piss mostly.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He hasn't posted out of rhyme yet at all and his reads in rhyme have been pretty borderline.

9. M Plus 7 - Pretty bad so far. The only town ping I've had was him saying fuck. But MP is the sort of wolf player who fakes getting upset when he's accused (or perhaps doesn't need to fake it).

10. dunya - What is you doing fam? I don't like the fact that you've left zero impression on me.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
This is good this is good this is good shit
This is my fourth post and I love it
To respond to Sloonei no I don't care
MP feels different here, I swear
Weird post from someone who ended the day voting Mac.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:34 pm Nm I thought that was a Dunya post. See? This is why the rhymes suck.
Slightly favorable look for Jack here. I know he had literally just subbed in, but I feel like if you're bad you're slightly less likely to misattribute a quote from a teammate. Obviously fakeable, but why?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:58 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm I don't feel like sig is a pivotal lynch
Nor do I feel he will be"incredibly difficult to assess and/or work with"
The day is young and we don't need to clench
The poll or our buttholes to answer this myth
This reads town.
Jack can you clarify what about this reads town? Also, has anyone engaged you on the below?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:01 pm Somebody talk to me about there being 4 single off wagon votes yesterday.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm I agree with Dunya's reason for townreading GMan. In theory, a scum player could just say those things but he reads like a townie excited to share info and I doubt he'd just make something up. Not his style.

Aaaaand I townread TH early on.
Again points out the TH townread. If Jack is bad, TH possible teammate? Also, town-reading G-Man without giving a whole lot of reason why. (Admittedly, gives more reason than nutella did, but "more reason" consists of sheeping dunya.)
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm I agree with Dunya's reason for townreading GMan. In theory, a scum player could just say those things but he reads like a townie excited to share info and I doubt he'd just make something up. Not his style.

You just crossed off the two most viable alternatives to yourself imo. Who do we lynch today, jackie boy?
Yeah no shit.

Fuckifiknow. I’m not caught up.

Wasn’t Speed’s name being thrown around? Granted, I’ve read like 2 of his posts and shouldn’t advocate lynching someone I’m pretty good at reading until I actually read him, either.
Terrible look. Jack, when poked by Sloonei, says he hasn't read Speed and has heard his name thrown about, so why not him? How is that mindset even at all town-aligned? I get that he's catching up and no one wants ot die, but the way you avoid dying is by helping find baddies, making cases and such. Not by randomly deflecting. He does eventually get around to doing that, though, shading MP and Sloonei:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:45 am MP's explanation of how to read Sloonei kinda hurts my heart cause I'm so bad about it. I could pretty easily believe it's TMI because I want it to be.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:50 am Idk if MP going "Talk to me about X" three or four times in one post is like actually a thing that scum MP does and town MP doesn't but it is pretty softball and I could believe it's alignment indicative. I don't really know how to read MP when he's not posting 5 million times in champs.
This is a better look - he's offering his own take. Still only responding to things happening immediately in the thread, which isn't as ideal as reading back, but is consistent with having just subbed in and defending yourself.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:55 am
dunya wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:58 am i still think tony/speed look worst out of nutella's iso. i get the TH suspicion more now though and i'll keep an open mind about that when isoing them.
Can we compromise and go something like Speed -> MP -> pretend I'll get lynched right here -> TH?

Cause I don't have an opinion on Speed yet and MP looks kinda bad and I bet I can show my townie underwear before I'm actually lynched given another couple days.
But then it's back to "anyone but me!" If MP is his top baddie read here, why list Speed first, especially if he has no read on him, as he says right in the post? This was pre-MP claim, but feels a little like Jack isn't sticking to his reads.

I read TSP after Jack, and I am now too tired to bother with quotes.

Things in his favor: Epi seemed convinced he was civ. Unfortunately we don't know why.
Things against him: most of his posts are either (1) rhymes or (2) saying that he was against the Mac and sig lynches. I also think this is a case of trying to build civ cred while skating by. Also, he had Epi in his scum GTH, but was happy to take full credit for the civ read Epi gave him:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:22 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:23 pm TonyStarkPrime:

Eh. Tiny thing in his favor. Won't mention what it is.

I would not lynch TSP today.
I'm assuming this tiny thing is related to the game that just ended. If so, would you like to mention it now?
For what’s it worth, Epi and Mac both (I feel) can get a sense on me early better than other players.
Conclusion: I would not be shocked if both Speed and Jack were town. Would rather vote Speed, because the building-civ-cred thing is stronger there, but would vote either one of them over anyone else right now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Russtifinko »

In my post above, I meant I would not be shocked if Jack and Speed were both scum***, not town.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

Perusing ISOs again over breakfast. I should have some time after lunch to collect my thoughts in a cohesive way. For now, here's what I do best- vote data spreadsheets!

These are our votes through two lynches. It was observed before that no one who voted for Mac turned around and voted for Sig. I think it's rare to see that, but it also means that most of us have blood on our hands. Only DDL and Tony/Jack have put their votes on secondary and/or tertiary trains both days.

I colored myself green because I'm a civvie and it's my spreadsheet. I told you my character's name in my first post, so no need for question marks. Awkward name for a civvie, I know.

These are our votes arranged in a different manner. Please note that the votes on this second image are NOT arranged by vote order. They are in alphabetical order. I've been ISOing, rather than reading through the thread as a whole. If I have time, I will try to put those votes in actual vote order. Still, some observations:

-Both of the lead Day 1 trains were civvies. The baddies didn't have to try very hard. Case in point- nutella. She was able to be non-committal and place her vote on the sidelines, letting the civvies mislynch someone on their own. A safe vote on a teammate by nutella? It's possible.

-On Day 2, the lead train was for civvie Sig, and at least one of the two runner-up trains was on a civvie (me). If Sloonei is indeed a civvie, then the baddies didn't have to try very hard on Day 2 either. I'll have to see what nutella's reads on me and Sloonei were at the time, because she may have felt forced to vote for Sig because voting for me or Sloonei would have looked forced and false.

-Once again, I struggle with the fact that Speedchuck hasn't voted. That in and of itself isn't alignment-indicative, but it's a mental stumbling block when I try to analyze the votes. It's one less name for me to consider while theorizing timing, combinations, and co-votes. In fact, it's easy to forget he's in the game completely, which flusters me even more.

I have to head into work. More later. Chew on this for a while and see what you taste.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:31 pm @dunya @Russtifinko have either of you guys received any items during the night phases?
no. i got myself 2 jiggys from rhyming though, but i don't remember when jay gave them to me. i think this second one was given to me yesterday after i finished rhyming so it's in the day phase.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:24 pm Speedchuck hasn't voted at all? I really doubt he would do that if he were bad tbh :-/
it not a/i for me, but what about speed's actual iso are people finding fishy is what i wanna know. and how is it fishier than tony/jack. cos it ain't.
Russtifinko wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 pm A pair of posts defending sig and calling that he's town.
i did that too, and i'm a civilian. his posts against MP were unfortunate, but they crossed what is morally acceptable in a game of mafia. if sig were mafia, he wouldn't have provoked and disrespected MP to such an extent imo. he thought MP was pulling one on him. it was sincere, and i get what speed saw. if anything, speed's post where he said sig is within his rights not to claim cos he sure as hell wouldn't oozed super town to me.
Russtifinko wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 pm But if that's true, and if he hasn't read large portions of the thread, why defend sig so freaking hard?
the sig drama was like, a very vocal, loud and disruptive phase of this game. if he had completely ignored it, i would have suspected him. chipping in when it was happening didn't strike me as odd. i also find it extremely unlikely nutella and speed as partners decide to defend sig.
Russtifinko wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 pm Defends NANOOK, but again, without any thread-based reasoning,
how do you know it's without thread based reasoning?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 pm You’re confusing replacing in Jack with scumJack.
nah. i just have no reasons to town read u, and like i said before in this game, you only worry when i don't find a reason to call u town. it's not your fault, really. i can't just ignore all of tony and start fresh with you.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

G-Man wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:58 am I colored myself green because I'm a civvie and it's my spreadsheet. I told you my character's name in my first post, so no need for question marks. Awkward name for a civvie, I know.
Hmm I completely missed that.

Kind of a weird character to have one of the more powerful abilities in town. I wonder if Jay is messing with us.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I still think MP is the scummiest guy in the game bar none, but his claim is forcing my hand. It's such a powerful role that mafia would be insane not to kill him.

I guess he's earned a ticket to lylo.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I skimmed speed's, jack's and TSP's ISOs and honestly didn't find anything in those that made me really suspicious.

One thing that bothered me is that, besides Jack who has an excuse for that, the others barely made any mention of nutella before she went down.

That tends to be a bad sign, and makes me feel confident at least one of them is bad. But nothing in their respective posts makes me really want to pull the trigger.

[mention]dunya[/mention] what are you seeing in Jack again? Please don't tell me to read Pirate Mafia because LMAO at the idea of reading more posts besides the one I signed up for.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So I guess I still need to make some poetry
Or a jiggy I will not get
Not that for more posts I am hungry
For it's still a long while until my cap is met

But more posts are always good
Because, in this sport, you never know
When you will have to blow
Half your cap on arguing with a single dude

This game is weird, because there are plenty
Of mechanical arguments we can make
But the more of those we use, the more info we give to the enemy
But I'm still tempted to have my cake

I guess at the end of the day
I'll have to just scumhunt
Find out who we have to confront
And who doesn't actually mean what they say

Will it be Speedchuck, or Jack of the Hearts
Who will find themselves being pierced by our darts?
Or perhaps, I should reconsider tee height
Who may be just more bark than bite

There are options, and plenty of days
For us to test wagons, and pick up the bad guys
But sooner is better than later
And we need to make our current advantage matter

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So apparently there's a role giving jiggies to people?

Please don't give any jiggies to me, I have way more of them than I'll ever need.

Give them to the slooneis and dunyas of this game, they'll literally wither if they don't post like crazy.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Russtifinko wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:59 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:33 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

The Power & The Passion - Top 5!

1. Russtifinko - Putting forth some thinking activities in an environment that is probably not super chillax for scum. Liking ya boy.

2. TonyStarkPrime - Really good looks for the boy. Powers to the top of the rankings on the back of some really willing and hectic town pings and good effort.

3. Sig - I like the fire and the penache stirring from within.

4. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

5. Nutella - I have a sense that she is towntella but she doesn't really deserve the read. I don't like that she went for the sig town read. I enjoyed the pressure we were putting on him. But she's obsessed with disrupting earnest scum hunting in the early game for some reason as a matter of course so it's on town meta for her to do this.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - I have this sort of inverse read on TH right now where I think he's kind of taking the piss a bit too much to be scum.

7. Epignosis - Really enjoyed him slapping M Plus 7 across the face with a wet fish but he doesn't care one iota about the roof. He's burning through posts, taking the piss mostly.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He hasn't posted out of rhyme yet at all and his reads in rhyme have been pretty borderline.

9. M Plus 7 - Pretty bad so far. The only town ping I've had was him saying fuck. But MP is the sort of wolf player who fakes getting upset when he's accused (or perhaps doesn't need to fake it).

10. dunya - What is you doing fam? I don't like the fact that you've left zero impression on me.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
This is good this is good this is good shit
This is my fourth post and I love it
To respond to Sloonei no I don't care
MP feels different here, I swear
Weird post from someone who ended the day voting Mac.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:34 pm Nm I thought that was a Dunya post. See? This is why the rhymes suck.
Slightly favorable look for Jack here. I know he had literally just subbed in, but I feel like if you're bad you're slightly less likely to misattribute a quote from a teammate. Obviously fakeable, but why?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:58 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm I don't feel like sig is a pivotal lynch
Nor do I feel he will be"incredibly difficult to assess and/or work with"
The day is young and we don't need to clench
The poll or our buttholes to answer this myth
This reads town.
Jack can you clarify what about this reads town? Also, has anyone engaged you on the below?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:01 pm Somebody talk to me about there being 4 single off wagon votes yesterday.

Again points out the TH townread. If Jack is bad, TH possible teammate? Also, town-reading G-Man without giving a whole lot of reason why. (Admittedly, gives more reason than nutella did, but "more reason" consists of sheeping dunya.)

You just crossed off the two most viable alternatives to yourself imo. Who do we lynch today, jackie boy?
Yeah no shit.

Wasn’t Speed’s name being thrown around? Granted, I’ve read like 2 of his posts and shouldn’t advocate lynching someone I’m pretty good at reading until I actually read him, either.
Terrible look. Jack, when poked by Sloonei, says he hasn't read Speed and has heard his name thrown about, so why not him? How is that mindset even at all town-aligned? I get that he's catching up and no one wants ot die, but the way you avoid dying is by helping find baddies, making cases and such. Not by randomly deflecting. He does eventually get around to doing that, though, shading MP and Sloonei:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:45 am MP's explanation of how to read Sloonei kinda hurts my heart cause I'm so bad about it. I could pretty easily believe it's TMI because I want it to be.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:50 am Idk if MP going "Talk to me about X" three or four times in one post is like actually a thing that scum MP does and town MP doesn't but it is pretty softball and I could believe it's alignment indicative. I don't really know how to read MP when he's not posting 5 million times in champs.
This is a better look - he's offering his own take. Still only responding to things happening immediately in the thread, which isn't as ideal as reading back, but is consistent with having just subbed in and defending yourself.
dunya wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:58 am i still think tony/speed look worst out of nutella's iso. i get the TH suspicion more now though and i'll keep an open mind about that when isoing them.
Can we compromise and go something like Speed -> MP -> pretend I'll get lynched right here -> TH?

Cause I don't have an opinion on Speed yet and MP looks kinda bad and I bet I can show my townie underwear before I'm actually lynched given another couple days.
But then it's back to "anyone but me!" If MP is his top baddie read here, why list Speed first, especially if he has no read on him, as he says right in the post? This was pre-MP claim, but feels a little like Jack isn't sticking to his reads.

I read TSP after Jack, and I am now too tired to bother with quotes.

Things in his favor: Epi seemed convinced he was civ. Unfortunately we don't know why.
Things against him: most of his posts are either (1) rhymes or (2) saying that he was against the Mac and sig lynches. I also think this is a case of trying to build civ cred while skating by. Also, he had Epi in his scum GTH, but was happy to take full credit for the civ read Epi gave him:

I'm assuming this tiny thing is related to the game that just ended. If so, would you like to mention it now?
For what’s it worth, Epi and Mac both (I feel) can get a sense on me early better than other players.
Conclusion: I would not be shocked if both Speed and Jack were town. Would rather vote Speed, because the building-civ-cred thing is stronger there, but would vote either one of them over anyone else right now.
Sig gets mislynched all the damn time. TH basically is working to not have the town tunnel on Sig. He's not a pivotal lynch. He's not impossible to read. Don't get tunnelbrained. It reads townie.

To be clear, I agreed with Dunya's reasoning for townreading GMan. I wasn't sheeping her. We both thought the way he claimed was townie.

Sloonei talked to me about the off wagon votes but it didn't really help. He said Dunya's vote was a "head scratcher" and that some of the off wagon votes "make sense based on the way each of those players acted." :shrug: I still want to hear about it. The wagon formation feels wrong. I basically only put off wagon votes down if I loathe all the viable wagons and am protest voting. I'll generally vote a townlean to save a townread. Iirc 3 off wagon votes and a pair of 2 person wagons and a 4 person wagon feels wrong. Maybe there were last second switches to explain it but that's not the way Sloonei answered my concern. I haven't caught up that far.

My answer to Sloonei was from a townie mindset because I'm town. Checkmate. :noble:

To be clear, I'm sheeping the majority on Sloonei who say that Sloonei is town here. I'm historically bad at lynching Sloonei. Now I know his tell, though. If he's scum, he'll replace out like a Glor so he must be town here. :haha:

I'm not sticking to my reads. I'm negotiating to not get lynched. There are probably two wolves. Having a scumlean on MP, consensus townies in Sloonei, Dunya, Russ and townleaning TH means there's a really decent chance Speed (or DDL for that matter) is scum. If you're not aware, I'm typically hard to lynch, especially as town. Less so when I replace in. Like if you have a 4 player POE that I'm in and a winning POE is 3 players and I'm town, the game is won because I will take myself out of that POE. So I'm fine lynching Speed, even without a read on him, if it means I'm not lynched. Even if Speed is town, he gets mislynched more than I do. Going Jack -> Speed could mean we both get mislynched. Going Speed -> Means I can probably avoid mislynch. And if Speed is scum, obviously it's good to lynch him and maybe my willingness to lynch him is the first step to me taking myself out of that POE.

So to summarize

I have real reads, they're what I sang
But my biggest responsibility is to not hang
I'm in the POE but I'm sure I can get out
So to put others first I will scream and shout

I won't vote a townread, though, I swear
Lynchable when replacing in, I'm very aware
Give me some help though and give me some air
I'll help catch the ones who are covered in hair

Sucks to be Tony cause I'm the one who
Sees him when we're both in the town crew
Alas, for the moment it's all I can do
To play for the both of us and try to win too

So give me a Jimmy and give me a Jay
Give me a Jiggy for the rhymes that I say
Post counts should lift near the end of the day
But I'm not hosting so this rhyme game I'll play

Shit I need five. Guess I thought it was four :sigh:
Inside me I don't know if I have any more
Luckily, this is what rhymezone is for
I hate this as much as truthmeta from Glor
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Bad at *reading* Sloonei.

When you check your rhymes 500 times and then you have to burn a post because you don't check your post for stuff like that. :disappoint:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia

Post by dunya »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:50 am Poetry: I, too, dislike it,
As one of our muses said.
This makes me a hypocrite
But VOTE: TURNIP HEAD.
first mention of TH is a vote on TH.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:52 am Sloonei’s voting —
Voting for me
At least he’s devoting
No energy

to pursuing a pretty meh case on Sig. seriously? Expressing anxiety over the possibility for a day one lynch? Rather meh. Not something I think the Sphinx of town Sloonei would feel the need to point out on day 1.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:07 am voting for me = good. I think your out of the gate post against Sig was a little out of character (a kinda "I'm not voting for him, but here's why you should, but I don't like that people are voting for him), but in a 25 post limit day I also think there's reason to say what you have to say efficiently.
he shades sloonei then the next post, he cancels out his sloonei suspicions by basically saying "oh ok, i see why you did that" then quickly moves on to see why everyone is voting for "mac" but goes nowhere with that question and instead asks sloonei some open ended question about whether or not he thinks epi is town (tony had a town read on epi earlier in the day). that question also went nowhere i can see and was forgotten. questions that go nowhere and where the answers aren't acknowledged or even followed up on by someone usually bad. because it implies he didn't even care about the answer.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am I think it’s Epi, Sloonei, and Turnip.
after day 1, it's suddenly epi, sloonei and turnip who are his scum reads. again, we have no idea why turnip and no progression on how epi went from starting strong to being his scumspect on night 1 after mac's flip. he does then explain why epi when i quoted his post, but adds a disclaimer that "still, epi has a few points in his favor". cancelling out a scum take with "but he could be town for these reasons" in the same post is a hard no.

sadly, if tony/jack do flip scum, this makes me feel he was distancing from TH.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:23 pm Look, obviously hindsight is 20/20 and I'm not one to complain about a bad lynch (especially given that I wasn't around), but it seemed to me pretty clear that Mac was town.
was it as obvious to tony as it was to nutella because mac wasn't on their team? cocky take. dislike.

he seems to have forgotten epi is a suspect by trying to use epi's post as a point in his favor.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 am Sloonei might be bad
But I think I’m wrong
To keep pursuing THead
Who Keeps chugging along
another soft save of TH here. but he follows it up by naming him on his "safe scum team"
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:31 pm I just want y’all to know I’ve requested to sub out. This isn’t and shouldn’t be considered to be AI. Yes, I know I just said in the last game that subbing out is probably scum. Whatever.

As to my reads: I have no clue what’s happening in this game.
I think there are safe scum teams (speed, TH, G-Man) that don’t require much mental energy, but I think I’ve been successfully pocketed by TH. Sloonei and Nutella could round out something with Nanook. I don’t think there’s anything worth calling a towncore, but associative reads can carry pretty far I think. Lynch one scum.
how on earth has tony been "pocketed by TH"? why is he obsessed with TH? i still have no idea why he suspected TH in the first place. there was no reason anywhere...

i don't see any actual scum hunting in tony. i see him throwing names and rhymes and no substance whatsoever to back it up. nutella and sloonei and nanook were town reads for him? is that what i'm seeing in the last post?

everything is so contrary and there's no actual progression of his reads. no substance for his questions. no genuine i think this person is bad because x. there's just here's a post, i suspect epi. here's a post, TH is bad. here's a post, epi can read me well and he thinks im town. here's a post, i'm being pocketed by TH maybe.

i also find it curious he defends nutella in the slooneixnutella debate after he says he's subbing out, kinda like he can't help himself. but she was a scum read on his reads list.

also after finishing this iso [mention]Sloonei[/mention] - you mentioned tony had in his favor how he made a case against epi during the night and scum seems unlikely to do that if they are going to kill him. i don't see that? where was that?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am Now I know his tell, though. If he's scum, he'll replace out like a Glor so he must be town here
nah, i think you're confused. that's tony, mate. ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:31 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:24 am Hey welcome Jackofhearts2005

We are here trying to figure out nutella. What would your nutelladar say?
Lol it's broken but I'll give it a whirl.
he didn't.

now this is gonna seem unfair, but one of the reasons why i suspected jack is because in pirates mafia he took his sweet time to catch up. and i feel like he's doing that here too. in such a small game, we're not far from lylo so all he has to do is lay low, pretend to be catching up and survive 3 phases. i refuse to let be the case and while i appreciate he subbed in totally, i don't buy all these "i'm not caught up yet" excuses.

like this is an example of how sly that method can be:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:48 am Fuckifiknow. I’m not caught up.

scum's job is to throw paranoia and cause people to go, hmm, yea, i was thinking he was bad too. on the other hand, on two occasions when speed (who is also not caught up) had the chance to shade jack and sig, he didn't. he went against the flow of the people on sig and decided not to humor me on jack. it could have been an easy agree with me and mislynch jack.

Cause I don't have an opinion on Speed yet and MP looks kinda bad and I bet I can show my townie underwear before I'm actually lynched
so he knows how to read speed pretty well (post above), and he doesn't have an opinion on speed yet (this post), but he wants us to lynch speed first? yeah, gross. and another example of "i don't have info because i don't know what's going on" so you should spare me a lynch.

he spent a lot of time going over points in russti's post but i guess he still doesn't know what's going on with the thread huh? :p why is his vote still on MP? i don't believe it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am I'm not sticking to my reads. I'm negotiating to not get lynched. There are probably two wolves. Having a scumlean on MP, consensus townies in Sloonei, Dunya, Russ and townleaning TH means there's a really decent chance Speed (or DDL for that matter) is scum. If you're not aware, I'm typically hard to lynch, especially as town. Less so when I replace in. Like if you have a 4 player POE that I'm in and a winning POE is 3 players and I'm town, the game is won because I will take myself out of that POE. So I'm fine lynching Speed, even without a read on him, if it means I'm not lynched. Even if Speed is town, he gets mislynched more than I do. Going Jack -> Speed could mean we both get mislynched. Going Speed -> Means I can probably avoid mislynch. And if Speed is scum, obviously it's good to lynch him and maybe my willingness to lynch him is the first step to me taking myself out of that POE.
this is the worst thing jack has written. it's like almost so bad it makes me think he's town, but wtf. what the actual fuck is this reasoning lol.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

If [mention]speedchuck[/mention] votes, my plan as of right now is to lynch Jack. If votes stay where they are that's what's gonna happen.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine

I've only skimmed the last page or so, but I feel pretty decent about this.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:12 am [VOTE: Jack] aubergine

do you have time to tell us why you feel good with a jack lynch?

and who would his teammate be?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:15 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am Now I know his tell, though. If he's scum, he'll replace out like a Glor so he must be town here
nah, i think you're confused. that's tony, mate. ;)
It's a joke. Sloonei replaced out the last game after doing nothing and he was scum.
dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:39 am now this is gonna seem unfair, but one of the reasons why i suspected jack is because in pirates mafia he took his sweet time to catch up. and i feel like he's doing that here too.
That is unfair because that's not alignment indicative. Would you like me to lynch you to a game where I died yesterday as town after failing to catch up?
dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:43 am this is the worst thing jack has written. it's like almost so bad it makes me think he's town, but wtf. what the actual fuck is this reasoning lol.
Town reasoning. Fuck off. :noble:

[VOTE: Vote Speed] aubergine

I've now seen one of his posts. He feels pretty good about lynching me. Fuck that, too.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jesus, Dunya.

What am I supposed to fucking sound like if I'm not caught up.

POE is like these 4 players (TH, Speed, DDL, me). I townread these 2 players in the POE (TH and me). Of course I'm okay with lynching Speed.

It's not me being scum so I'm okay with lynching a person even though I have no progression on him.

It's me being behind and not having a real read but understanding how POE works.

It's really really really obnoxious for you to take all my perfectly natural town posts and be like "This shit always comes from a wolf." No, it doesn't. To the point where if you weren't Dunya (or a handful of other people), I'd say it was actually scum indicative regardless of everyone else's opinions of you.

But it's not. Because you always freaking tunnel me. Then you come into the next game taking absolutely nothing at all from the last time you misread me and do it all over again. It's just worse here because in a normal game, I can shove you aside and lynch wolves but here, I'm too behind to just do that.
Dunya's next post: Jack is a wolf for defending himself against me instead of finding wolves. :kadaj:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:40 am That is unfair because that's not alignment indicative.
i agree, but when you use it as an excuse to shade other players like "oh i haven't caught up but didn't so and so do this and that?" it feels like you have caught up but are feigning not. it's confusing. but that's how i felt you came across. more like eloh in mountains mafia than town jack actually scum hunting.

you don't have a reason to scum read speed but are voting for him. how am i supposed to feel about that? if you were town, you can at least convince us of a read you have but so far you've given none out except for MP but that was shot down quickly by him. i don't see any scum hunting or game solving, not by tony before you, and not you now. that's my issue.

linki: i don't care if you defend yourself. indeed, i wish you do. but i still am not convinced you think speed is bad. i mean you pretty much said you don't think he is, so i can't get behind you deciding that speed is who you're gonna lynch without exploring other possibilities.

what do you mean you don't know how poe works?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:43 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am I'm not sticking to my reads. I'm negotiating to not get lynched. There are probably two wolves. Having a scumlean on MP, consensus townies in Sloonei, Dunya, Russ and townleaning TH means there's a really decent chance Speed (or DDL for that matter) is scum. If you're not aware, I'm typically hard to lynch, especially as town. Less so when I replace in. Like if you have a 4 player POE that I'm in and a winning POE is 3 players and I'm town, the game is won because I will take myself out of that POE. So I'm fine lynching Speed, even without a read on him, if it means I'm not lynched. Even if Speed is town, he gets mislynched more than I do. Going Jack -> Speed could mean we both get mislynched. Going Speed -> Means I can probably avoid mislynch. And if Speed is scum, obviously it's good to lynch him and maybe my willingness to lynch him is the first step to me taking myself out of that POE.
this is the worst thing jack has written. it's like almost so bad it makes me think he's town, but wtf. what the actual fuck is this reasoning lol.
Seriously, this is good reasoning.

When you mislynch me, it'll be Speed next. You know it will. Speed gets POEed out every game lately. It doesn't matter if you lynch him today or if you lynch him tomorrow and I don't know his alignment.

But I don't often get mislynched. I know I'm town.

It's mathematically correct unless you have reason to believe I'm a wolf and Speed is town.
dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:51 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:40 am That is unfair because that's not alignment indicative.
i agree, but when you use it as an excuse to shade other players like "oh i haven't caught up but didn't so and so do this and that?" it feels like you have caught up but are feigning not. it's confusing. but that's how i felt you came across. more like eloh in mountains mafia than town jack actually scum hunting.

you don't have a reason to scum read speed but are voting for him. how am i supposed to feel about that? if you were town, you can at least convince us of a read you have but so far you've given none out except for MP but that was shot down quickly by him. i don't see any scum hunting or game solving, not by tony before you, and not you now. that's my issue.

linki: i don't care if you defend yourself. indeed, i wish you do. but i still am not convinced you think speed is bad. i mean you pretty much said you don't think he is, so i can't get behind you deciding that speed is who you're gonna lynch without exploring other possibilities.

What do you mean I'm "shading" Speed? I haven't thrown out suspicion of him until the post I voted for him. I haven't had dishonest pushes against him. That's not what "shade" means. You misusing this terminology to imply I'm scum is an example of shading someone.

Why on earth do you think I'm caught up? I'm caught up from when I replaced in. I'm missing most of the game between page 5ish to when I replaced in. If you think I'm a wolf that's caught up, why have I not you know, provided actual reasoning for why someone else should be lynched. You honestly think I'm a bad guy who read a whole game but can't do anything to mislynch anyone so I'm just pretending I haven't caught up? Come the fuck on.

Idk. Feel how you feel about it. Bullshit, I don't have reads. I just didn't have a read on Speedchuck until just now. I've expressed my TH read several times. You don't see any hunt in my posts about TH or MP? Again, bullshit. Why are you so bad at reading me that you just say blatantly false things?

Fantastic. Because I didn't scumread Speed until he said he felt decent about lynching me. What possibilities should I be exploring? Cause it's me, TH, Speed or DDL. I'm town. I townread TH. Speed has 3 votes and has said a scummy thing just now. DDL has no votes and I haven't seen anything scummy in all the posts he's made since catchup.

It's not about me being damn sure Speed's scum. It's about lynching Speed being both the most viable player to lynch that isn't me and the most likely player to be a wolf imo. He's winning by a lot in the first category and not by much in the second category but I need to vote in the crosstabs of those two categories. That's called strategy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I believe MP’s claim is true.
We had the same targets nights one and two
But a jailkeep stops me getting through
So my role has had nothing to do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

@[mention]dunya[/mention], Tony suspecting Epi Night 1:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am I think it’s Epi, Sloonei, and Turnip.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:01 pm
dunya wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:51 am
i agree on sloonei now, and probably nutella. i don't know why epi voted for mac, maybe he did and i didn't see why. i'll check. but his switch from sig to mac put them tied, which is ok in my books. and it was gman who tipped the scale then sloonei came on board at some point.
Epi said he wouldn't vote for Mac, took a simple answer from Sig to get off Sig, voted for Mac (I think) without comment. It's not a complicated case, but I'm willing to run with it.
There are one or two points in Epi's favor.

As far as Sloonei goes, I have no way to judge how he's playing. He's based his play on a strategic element I disagree with the philosophy on. I think he's presenting it as a preemptive defense, but it's unclear.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 pm Dragon D. Luffy scumish
dunya town
Epignosis scumish
G-Man town
M Plus 7 town
MacDougall dead
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME town
nutella scumish
Russtifinko town
sig town
Sloonei town
speedchuck town
TonyStarkPrime town
Turnip Head scumish
I don’t really care about this point anymore. It’s hardly a factor in my read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:00 pm What do you mean I'm "shading" Speed?
i can speak english thank you.

Yeah no shit.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

i'm not playing the game to defend someone who isn't here to defend himself tbh. i feel like that's a shit position to have to be in.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:37 am I like how more people are jumping on Sloonei since I called it first, but at the same time I wonder if there isn't some opportunism here. Feels like one of those early Jay/MP wagons we tend to have in this site for no reason. :ponder:
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:50 pm I realise that I have failed to include Luffy in my power rankings. Let's put him in the town pile.
Wow easiest town read I've ever gotten. :grin:
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:26 pm Yeah I played against him in Assassin's Creed where I was bad and he was town, so I know exactly what he's capable of. He's just posting reads lists, that won't help him find baddies, it just makes him look like a fun guy.
If it were just town/mafia reads maybe, but he's saying a lot of interesting stuff. I think it's fine.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 am Ok so dunya and MP are acting like classic supatown duya and MP, not enough for me to be able to locktown them but enough for me to want to leave them alone for the time being.

Epi's case on dunya is weird af but it could be the normal epi thing.

I feel cool about Mac, too.

Russ feels very honest too.

Everyone else is whatever.

No idea who to vote for. I'm tempted to park my vote on this juicy TH wagon that seems to be starting to form. I miss super happy and casual TH (though he did make some posts like that in D0). Mac could be onto something that triggered TH is bad.

But I see nutella and TSP on it? Neither of them have yet to earn places my civ pile. DO NOT WANT.
I think these posts from DDL look fine.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:32 am It's establishing pressure Mr. Dougall. So what if I sheeped reads? I wanted to see where they led. I still maintain my own opinions as evidenced by my unvotes.

You're entrenching your read of me by characterizing my play in the way you are. I think your other reads look like a scummer's reads; I think your suspicion of me in particular is opportunistic.
I think this is a fair defense against Mac's accusation that TH is sheeping reads instead of hunting. It reads honest to me.

Btw I loathe these spoiler mass reply posts from MP. I know it's not his fault. Minimize posts and you'll maximize individual post density. I'm going to assume MP is town from his claim and take everything he says in them at face value without quoting them because they're a mess. Mostly. There's some defense of Nutella and underlining of DDL's scumlean on Nutella. Glad MP's townread on TH's early posts matches my own.

Dunya also throws out an early townread on TH.

*refresh*
dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

i'm not playing the game to defend someone who isn't here to defend himself tbh. i feel like that's a shit position to have to be in.
:clap:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:19 am
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:12 am [VOTE: Jack] aubergine

do you have time to tell us why you feel good with a jack lynch?

and who would his teammate be?
Probably you since you switched your vote after I threatened to hammer jack :suspish:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:07 pm Probably you since you switched your vote after I threatened to hammer jack
i dont like to be shouted at. jack shouted at me ok? he told me to f off ok?

also there's no hammering in this game. feel free to put your vote on jack tho.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:23 am
Russtifinko wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 pm But if that's true, and if he hasn't read large portions of the thread, why defend sig so freaking hard?
the sig drama was like, a very vocal, loud and disruptive phase of this game. if he had completely ignored it, i would have suspected him. chipping in when it was happening didn't strike me as odd. i also find it extremely unlikely nutella and speed as partners decide to defend sig.
Russtifinko wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 pm Defends NANOOK, but again, without any thread-based reasoning,
how do you know it's without thread based reasoning?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 pm You’re confusing replacing in Jack with scumJack.
nah. i just have no reasons to town read u, and like i said before in this game, you only worry when i don't find a reason to call u town. it's not your fault, really. i can't just ignore all of tony and start fresh with you.
Re: dunya's Point #1: but it's the only thing he did for a full day or more. Like, sure, note that it's happening, have a take, great. But maybe do something else?

Re: Point #2: It's without thread-based reasoning because there is no thread-based reasoning in what he wrote....If you disagree with me on that, show me where he pointed to anything thread-based at all.

I don't understand dunya hard-defending Speed, pushing Jack, then basically giving up on it and voting for Speed. If Speed is bad, dunya is too.

Also, Speed and Jack's responses to the pushes against them have been essentially identical in my book. "Welp, I don't really have a take on the other guy, but better him than me amirite?" So although it's not a great look for either, I don't think it tips the scales one way or another. Jack is at least offering some other thoughts right now, which is a slightly better look for him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Didn't mean to include the Jack-dunya exchange in that quote, either. Sorry if confusing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Wait, dunya just switched over to Jack without calling it. And the vote is listed before Speed's, which happened earlier. WTF?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:51 am

Eh I think both Jack and Speed are perfectly excused for voting for each other.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am
dunya wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 am i mean, if sig is mafia he's treated you the same way so maybe i AM wrong and the mafia team have all picked 1 person to tunnel the fuck out of in the thread :p

also hi speedchuck. what are your thoughts on anyone other than sig. top three "i feel bad about you" people?
Depends a lot on Sig's flip. I have an eye on TH, but if sig is bad, I have a hard time seeing them as a teammate. Same for nanook.

I've been skimming through D1 and I'm interested in the lynch results. If sig is mafia, mac could have been a save. if he's town, I really suspect the people who avoided both of those wagons and parked their vote somewhere useless.

So

TH, Nanook, and Sig are big ones to look at.
DDL, nutella, TSP, russ for sig-town, because possible TMI. (I'd have to read closer to see who)
Maybe Sloonei on the mac wagon if sig is scum?

That might seem a little inconclusive but I practically replaced into my own role D2, so. Busy weekend. My thoughts are a lot of places and I'm just spitballin.
This post is juicy and becomes even juicier if speed is bad. He sets up a lot of dominoes for the aftermath of sig's (mis)lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still think I would prefer to lynch Jack over speed today, but there is not much separating them. [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] [mention]speedchuck[/mention] besides either one of you, who else is bad?

Russtifinko wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:12 pm Wait, dunya just switched over to Jack without calling it. And the vote is listed before Speed's, which happened earlier. WTF?
Votes aren't displayed in order anymore, but we're currently trying to fix that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Eh I think I'm going to switch to Jack. Speed's ISO at least has a bunch of things that made me feel good about, while TSP not much. I agree with dunya's assesment on him.

I think dunya's assesment on Jack himself is a bit far-fetched, though. A lot of Jack's behavior is just him being his usual cocky bastard.

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:07 pm Probably you since you switched your vote after I threatened to hammer jack

When did he yell at you? In btsc? XD
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DDL has made a pair of posts this afternoon that I do not understand, both pertaining to roles:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:47 am
G-Man wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:58 am I colored myself green because I'm a civvie and it's my spreadsheet. I told you my character's name in my first post, so no need for question marks. Awkward name for a civvie, I know.

Kind of a weird character to have one of the more powerful abilities in town. I wonder if Jay is messing with us.
Did G-man roleclaim? How do we know his is "one of the more powerful abilities"?

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am So apparently there's a role giving jiggies to people?

Please don't give any jiggies to me, I have way more of them than I'll ever need.

Give them to the slooneis and dunyas of this game, they'll literally wither if they don't post like crazy.
Where are you getting this from, and why does this post exist?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Two hours from now...

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If you're going to lynch me, it's important to be like DDL and admit you're actually lynching Tony.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why the hell is Dunya both teamed with me according to [mention]Turnip Head[/mention] and Speed according to [mention]Russtifinko[/mention] but also consensus town?

FWIW, I know Dunya isn't scum with me and with Speed probably dead in the water and Dunya being garbo at reading me, her pushes on me over Speed aren't really alignment indicative.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm not saying Dunya is town. I'm seriously sheeping people for saying she's antialigned with Nutella (they were teamed in Fire Emblem for useful reference).

I'm saying don't read too much into what she does today to determine her alignment. As long as it's me vs Speed, it's basically a free day for her because as soon as I flip town, everyone's gonna go "Welp, I guess it's Speed" and if she's buddies with Speed, it doesn't really do her any good to keep him alive exactly one more day or to buss him. It doesn't matter at all.

I'd honestly say the same for any player's voting decision between me and Speed if Speed is lynched tomorrow and flips bad. It's just the most predicable outcome in the world so anything wolves are doing now is WIFOM in anticipation of that unless they're trying hard to take Speed out of consideration.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Idk if I'd really keep DDL in the POE after Speed and I are resolved.

He's not setting off my radar, accepting that I'm still missing 7 or so pages.

Not that people listen to dead townies but I'm just sayin.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:12 pm DDL has made a pair of posts this afternoon that I do not understand, both pertaining to roles:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:47 am

Did G-man roleclaim? How do we know his is "one of the more powerful abilities"?
DId you miss the part where he says he knows who killed nutella?

That means G-Man is either a tracker or a watcher, which means he's pretty much competing with MP's role and the person who killed nutella for the most powerful role left in the game.
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am So apparently there's a role giving jiggies to people?

Where are you getting this from, and why does this post exist?
From this post.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:51 pm Thank you so much to whoever gave me the Jiggies by the way. I can't post like this (my natural state) without you.

I need to really do more work anyway, I'll be back.
My post exists for the exact reason it's spelled as. To tell whoever is giving jiggies not to give jiggies to me, because I have far more jiggies than anyone else does in this game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Btw I'm not the vigilante. I'm vanilla. There won't be a last second cfd over that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I redact my questions to DDL :goofp:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Pondering nutella....

These kinds of exercises are fun, so let's see what this yields:
nutella wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:45 pm alright let's give this a go

Dragon D. Luffy town
dunya town
Epignosis scum
G-Man town
M Plus 7 town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME scum
Russtifinko town
sig town
Sloonei town
speedchuck scum
TonyStarkPrime scum
Turnip Head scum
Getting read lists from baddies is always an exercise in reverse-psychology. Splitting the groups up by those still living, we get:
TOWN READS:
-DDL
-dunya
-G-Man
-MP
-Russ
-Sloonei

SCUM LEANS:
-speed
-Tony/Jack
-TH
Either nutella forgot that she had both Epi and Nanook in her baddie lists here, or she/her teammates felt threatened enough to warrant killing them. Epi called nutella out on BS early, so I can see that threat. Nanook's peek gambit might have done the same. Either way, it cuts her baddie list down to three.

I'm assuming that there are two baddies left in the game. It feels right for the size of the game. Two against twelve seems harsh even if you do factor in all the baddie-friendly aspects of the game.

When you make a list as a baddie with two teammates, do you town read both of them, scum lean both of them, or split the difference? My brain always assumes that a baddie splits the difference. It's what I'd be inclined to do in that situation.

Assuming that nutella split the difference, then it means only one of speed, Tony/Jack, and TH is bad. That's a pretty good group to bury a teammate in, because there are posting and personality tendencies in all three of them to keep people wondering.

Her town read list includes some potent potential supatown types. If nutella did not split the difference, then two on that list are her teammates. Which two would you wager on being the baddies if both had to come from that list?

Putting both of your teammates in a scum list is dangerous because, if people start agreeing, you hurt your numbers. It might give you cred, but that cred might be hard to give when the baddie kills start steering everyone to 2/3 of the baddies that easily. You can only be so correct without seeming suspicious for it.

------------------

On Day 1 she just kind of shrugged at the entire Mac-or-Sig debate. Easy to do when you know both are civvies. She let us do the mislynching. Does another teammate pull of the shrug-and-vote-elsewhere bit? Your only options are Russ, DDL, and Tony/Jack. Speed didn't vote, so if he's a mislynch, then there could be a baddie on the Mac train, but it's only dunya, Sloonei, or TH.

-----------------

On Day 2, nutella relents and votes Sig based on Nanook's gambit. It makes sense, because she can blame it all on his compelling claim after it blows up in everyone's faces. Again, she didn't have to try very hard. In doing so, she put herself at odds with TH. I can see a world in which the two of them take opposite sides of the matter so at least one of them comes out looking good in the end. What happened was, nutella was wrong and Nanook looked suspicious, helping TH in the process.

Nanook being NK'd throws a wrench into the nutella-TH teammate works though. It takes away a mislynch opportunity from them and also erases any cred gained by TH in the process. It was, however, a soft erasure of cred for TH, because I don't know that many people sussed him for his sus of Nanook. I mean, Nanook had a lot of 'splainin to do. Maybe that shelved analysis of TH's sus on Nanook. Hard to say.

----------------

Night 2, nutella proclaims that there's very little to gain from Day 2's events. That makes me think that there is something to Day 2 that she hopes we don't pick up on. What was it? Maybe I'll find it in my ISOs.

Night 2 she also throws shade at TH again, as well as DDL. I'll have to see what 'exchange' she referred to to label them both as suspicious. It brings back that curious pondering about a TH-nutella scenario. I don't remember how much heat TH was taking at the time. I'll have to check on that too.

Night 2, nutella is wounded by having to defend her softball town read on little old me. This drew enough suspicion from the civvie vig to off her. This is a good time to remind everyone that nutella wasn't lynched. In fact she never received a single vote all game. That means her teammates didn't try the cute throwaway vote on teammate nutella. Maybe she was talkative but noncommittal enough that a vote on her would seem odd. Hard to say.

However, because I am G-Man, and I can tinfoil with the best of them, I can envision a world where nutella and Sloonei are baddie teammates, using their verbose natures to lead the thread post-wise, and setting themselves on opposite sides of one or two players in order to feed the other cred when one side crumbles and gets lynched.

But that's a lot of hard work to pull off in small, quieter sort of game. Why would baddies try to be that cute when they can probably coast for two or three days? I could see both nutella and Sloonei trying it for the show-off factor, but it's a bitter pill to swallow from a 30,000-foot level.
My Banners:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:55 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm

When did he yell at you? In btsc? XD
Wait TH, are you saying you think dunya is bad? And is that in general or conditional on a Jack scum flip? Asking because I thought you had her locktown
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:19 pm Why the hell is Dunya both teamed with me according to @Turnip Head and Speed according to @Russtifinko but also consensus town?

FWIW, I know Dunya isn't scum with me and with Speed probably dead in the water and Dunya being garbo at reading me, her pushes on me over Speed aren't really alignment indicative.
FWIW, I've been after dunya since D1. But most people decided her tone was town, and one person (I think Sloonei?) raised a point in her favor. I think people have basically decided I was tunneling and to ignore me, which I can't really blame them for. We seem to come to opposite conclusions on everything and have fought a fair bot, so people tune it out. I also haven't played with her before so dont know her style/meta as well as the people saying she gives town vibes.

I am curious about how TH thinks she's bad with you, though. By my count, she's:

1) hard defended Speed
2) said "ah, whatever. not my job to defend someone who isn't playing. I'm voting Speed"
3) voted speed
4) changed her vote to you without announcing it

I guess I don't understand why your teammate would do that.
G-Man wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:52 pm However, because I am G-Man, and I can tinfoil with the best of them, I can envision a world where nutella and Sloonei are baddie teammates, using their verbose natures to lead the thread post-wise, and setting themselves on opposite sides of one or two players in order to feed the other cred when one side crumbles and gets lynched.

But that's a lot of hard work to pull off in small, quieter sort of game. Why would baddies try to be that cute when they can probably coast for two or three days? I could see both nutella and Sloonei trying it for the show-off factor, but it's a bitter pill to swallow from a 30,000-foot level.
But nutella wasn't verbose this game, at least not compared to what I remember from playing with her way back when. Personally, I think it's more likely the baddies haven't been steering much and instead let us do their dirty work for them. I don't see a world where Sloonei is bad right now, even tinfoiling.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

G-Man wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:52 pm Assuming that nutella split the difference, then it means only one of speed, Tony/Jack, and TH is bad. That's a pretty good group to bury a teammate in, because there are posting and personality tendencies in all three of them to keep people wondering.
I think this is a very good assumption to make.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Problematic- that what Tony is. I feel very little when reading his ISO. He's the top vote-recipient right now, but I feel nothing either way from his posts. Earlier I gave him a slight town read because he seemed on-topic despite his content feeling thin. In revisiting his posts, all I feel is the thinness. He tapped out, so perhaps that explains the thinness.

He did give us this though:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 pm Dragon D. Luffy scumish
dunya town
Epignosis scumish
G-Man town
M Plus 7 town
MacDougall dead
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME town
nutella scumish
Russtifinko town
sig town
Sloonei town
speedchuck town
TonyStarkPrime town
Turnip Head scumish
Let's break that out like we did nutella's, leaving only the living:
TOWN READS:
-dunya
-G-Man
-MP
-Russ
-Sloonei
-Speed

SCUM LEANS:
-DDL
-TH
If Tony/Jack is bad, then he put a teammate on his scum list. Not uncommon. The only overlap with nutella's scum list is TH. If T/J is bad, then he padded his town read list well if he split the difference.

Someone else mentioned that Tony's first direct mention of Nutella came in this very read list. It's true. Then he defends nutella from Sloonei somewhat because he thinks baddies would be more agreeable to pursuing G-Man. Tony also goes so far as to speculate the high-tinfoil theory I posited earlier of a nutella-Sloonei connection. It's a weird triple feature:

1) Listing nutella as scum without any reason or prior suggestion of it.
2) Defending nutella against Sloonei's badgering.
3) Hedging on the possibility of both Nutella and Sloonei being in cahoots.

I think point three points to Sloonei not being bad IF T/J flips mafia. This seems like Tony trying to set up his next move after nutella flips baddie. I don't know how successful he'd have been though.

-----------

Day 1, Tony voted for TH. Just like nutella, this could be a baddie just shrugging and letting the useful idiots mislynch somebody since no teammates are at risk. Night 1, he lists TH in a possible baddie trio with Epi and Sloonei. Could it be one truth and two lies?

------------

Day 2, Tony says the onus is on Sig to claim. It makes sense for a baddie to want a civvie to claim. It might help them solve the game a little. Threat assessment-type work, you know?

Then he starts to backtrack on TH, worrying that he's been pocketed by TH and calls a TH-including-trio too easy. He votes for Sloonei (why?) and thinks he's wrong about TH (why?).

-------------------------

ENTER JACK:

Early into his reads, he says he could vote for Nanook, dunya, speed, or G-Man. We know one of them is civvie for sure, and I am civvie as well, which leaves dunya and speed. Was he questioned on these names?

Jack townreads TH early on. Curious, considering that Tony was gradually easing off his sus of TH. He later says this is because of TH trying so hard to ward off a Sig lynch and that it seems odd for a baddie to work so hard at doing so. TH never really got much blow-back from his defense of Sig, or was it more of a refutation of Nanook's methods?

Jack is mostly caught up in catching up and trying to defend himself from trying to survive a vote that includes a train that's not one of his prime choices but he has no choice but to help feed it.

Lastly, he claims to be vanilla. Jack is verbose and that tires me. I almost miss Tony. LOL.

Linki: Now, lastly, he agrees with assuming nutella split the difference and has only one teammate in her scum list. Curiouser and curiouser.

------------

I'm going to produce a list of who has claimed what so far. Corroborating and contradicting seem to be in short supply, but it could be quite useful.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Rackets”