boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

and actually mac too. i was about 15% serious when I called him a suspect earlier.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

well mac you've seen my wolf game

so i'm town here yeah?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:28 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:22 am town pool: johann, mac, sloonei

sus: hyena, g-man
talk to me about hyena while i go to sleep.
it's almost 4 lol i'll get to this but it'll be close to eod

my confidence is shot rn sorry im 12 and my self-concept is still forming
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 389

Post by MacDougall »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:45 am well mac you've seen my wolf game

so i'm town here yeah?
haha yeah
Johann
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183

Post by Johann »

Is it just me or i see Hyena and Nook as the most tryhard here trying to power play it?
I don't get as serious of a vibe from others as much as from these two
And in my experience those that power play D1 are usually scum trying to get into good graces
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Also lol at Hyena saying i was shading him. I didn't shade you, i legit said i don't like your or anyones town core lists
There is a difference buddy

And i am a he lol
I just have a feminine nickname
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Duskfall »

Draogmir is town trying hard to get town shot
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Johann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 am Is it just me or i see Hyena and Nook as the most tryhard here trying to power play it?
And in my experience those that power play D1 are usually scum trying to get into good graces
“People trying are scum!” Is such a good read tbh, can’t believe I never thought of it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Though tbh this is what Nanook fucking around looks like, I don’t normally play the game this way lol. Certainly not when I’m trying hard!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:17 am
Johann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 am Is it just me or i see Hyena and Nook as the most tryhard here trying to power play it?
“People trying are scum!” Is such a good read tbh, can’t believe I never thought of it
I think you perfectly understand what i meant by what i said and you trying to hurr durr it lol

Johann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:25 am
I think you perfectly understand what i meant by what i said and you trying to hurr durr it lol
I dislike that phrase immensely, please refrain from using it relation to me again, thank you.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by G-Man »

Quarter after eight and I'm here instead of doing work. Great start to my day. :p
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:45 am I don't think funny agreed with johann? She called him wrongtown iirc?
I interpreted the following post as walking back that initial stance on Johann's 'shoot ourselves' idea:
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:52 pm i think the johann read is more likely than not correct, but unless y'all have experience with them i wouldn't be so quick to label them wrongtown.
I can see now how that might not be the case. It looks more like civ-reading Johann for his bad idea. That changes my whole read of her. No time to go back now though.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am yeah ok i don't like g-man. you're town-reading boo for being logical and talking about strategy and mechanics? yo what does that actually have to do with scum hunting and finding reads?
I'm an INTP. Logic appeals to me. It's natural to gravitate toward people who convey logic.

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:25 am I like G-man. I'ma put a good read on him.
Why?

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:46 am
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:51 am I have gamesolve anyway.

boo - scum
Dragomir - town
DrWilgy - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Duskfall - town
Funnygurl555 - scum
G-Man - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Hyena - town
Jackofhearts2005 - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Johann - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town
nutella - town
Sloonei - town

Shooting order:

FG > Boo > G-Man > Wilgy > Jack > Johann

Game winning POE already.
You're not great at math, huh? "doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough" = "if a single one of my scum reads is wrong [and spoiler alert: at least one is], following this would 100% lose the game. If both are right [nope], but my towncore is wrong, following this would 100% lose the game".

Or you're bad and think everyone else is terrible at figuring out odds?

:shrug:
nutella wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:49 am Anyway Mac is scum discuss.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine: shoot him, kthanks.
oh and then there was this! that post above was really bad but I think this one is when my scumread of boo really solidified. It's a gross misinterpretation of Mac's intentions, and maybe it's just boo being out of touch with Mac's style or general recent site meta, but it just felt like such a bad criticism that I think it was disingenuous and coming from a wolf trying to poke holes in mac's process. Like he's trying to make an argument that this doesn't make mathematical sense but that entirely misses the point. Maybe he's just an overly logical mathematical person but when he tries to impose that way of thinking on other people I find it suspicious.
What? I loved that post from boo. Now you're misleading people by planting the seed that boo is trying to impose his way of thinking on us. I didn't read this as seed-planting. I read it as boo making a logical point and teasing Mac a little for his his lazy list (which, knowing Mac was only half-serious to begin with). Why are you taking this to such an extreme?

But then you hedge:
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 am Actually as I was writing that last thing about boo I got a sinking feeling that he did a similar thing (imposing his rationality on others and disparaging other people's town/solving processes) in a recent game and was town. Maybe I can't defend my read very well based on that. I just have the bad gutsies about him. But also he is compatible with Hyena and flipped his read of me so there is more that substantiated my gut read.
Is hedgetella badtella?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:25 am
I dislike that phrase immensely, please refrain from using it relation to me again, thank you.
I think you perfectly understand what i meant by what i said and you trying to discredit it as nonsense lol
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am yeah ok i don't like g-man. you're town-reading boo for being logical and talking about strategy and mechanics? yo what does that actually have to do with scum hunting and finding reads?
i agree with this
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:32 am funnygurl mafia
gman town
but i also agree with this :wowee:

and boo is absolutely scum no matter what
For playing how I always do, which you know. Yup, totally a scumtell. :stare:

nutella is mafia 100%, shoot her.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (PREGAME)

Post by boo »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 am
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am I got my PM and do not care when phases start/end.

Self-killing makes zero sense @Johann.

We should give the gun to someone with a subset of players they're allowed to choose from to shoot.

If they go outside that, they got shot next.

I think it's better then deciding on a specific player because that keeps mafia from being able to control the conversation easily.

And at 13 players, 10/3 split... Assuming the gun always gets used (no ties, but in most cases that should be easy enough to avoid since we can hammer)... We can only afford like 4 gun uses on a civ? One or two more if we get 1 or 2 of the mafia mixed in with that? Right? It's too early for me to be mathing. But it's a general point.

Then once we have a baddie killed, players who had them in their subset but chose not to shoot them can be looked at more in depth. Plus that's a way to try and force the mafia into bussing if they do get the gun.
this is boo's first post and it's basically stating the obvious about how the game works. imo it's fluff
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm COMPROMISE is what makes this country GREAT, except when it’s MY IDEALS, in which case we must be UNCOMPROMISING in the face of ADVERSITY
something something towncore, something something if I get the gun I'll shoot you, something something casual mention of someone who hasn't even posted but I am saying is either 100% town or mafia. Actually, no. Strike that. They're the secret independent role that isn't stated in the roles. Probably? But I don't know, because reading host posts is apparently for nerds, so I haven't done that.
this is... what the actual fuck is this. this is a scum post 99% of the time it exists.
Wait, is this all you got against him?
Yes, because she's mafia and I'm an easy mis-shot, and she knows it and is going balls to the wall trying to make it happen because if she doesn't I'll be gunning for her until she gets shot and she knows it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hyena wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:09 pm Hi. I'm watching wrestling right now.
What kinda wrestling? In the past year, I've gone from being generally dismissive of the fake sport that is wrestling to being fascinated of the concept from watching Super Eyepatch Wolf videos on it, to watching and being kinda meh about RAW to being incredibly impressed by this year's Wrestlemania to being horrified at Vince McMahon's actions regarding Covid-19 (basically pressuring Reigns to compete despite having a compromised immune system due to surviving leukemia and lobbying republican politicians to declare WWE and other sports "essential businesses"), the rape of Ashley Massaro and all the shit with Saudi Arabia to the point where I don't think I can enjoy watching WWE.

I'm kinda into Jurassic Express and the Bullet Club but I don't know of a good way to watch AEW or NJPW without a cable subcription or expensive Hulu/Prime addon. :sigh:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

gman town
Agree.

Johann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:08 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:25 am
I think you perfectly understand what i meant by what i said and you trying to discredit it as nonsense lol
I actually didn’t 🤷‍♀️
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 am
i agree with this
gman town

no. I'm not.

and you can't just expect me to remember your play style 100% perfectly. We've only played a couple games together in the last year or so, and like I said after giving it a little reflection I thought i remembered you getting suspected for similar reasons as town, so I'm not confident in those reasons. However, that does not entirely change the fact that I have a bad gut feeling about you that I couldn't quite articulate, and the Hyena stuff also contributed to that. You had a weird turnaround where you initially wanted to give me the gun to shoot Mac for some weird reasoning, and then did a 180 and decided I was mafia and wanted Hyena to shoot me.

Anyway, your apparent certainty that I'm scum here looks more likely to come from a townie in a tunnel. So I'm lightening my read of you for now.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

i agree with this
gman town

Wait, that’s what I’m supposed to say. Are you me now?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And I think I'm back to agreeing with Sloonei on funnygurl. I've gone back and forth a bit on whether I think she feels natural this game, but Sloonei's examples and her recent responses have that trending towards the negative.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (PREGAME)

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 am
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am I got my PM and do not care when phases start/end.

Self-killing makes zero sense @Johann.

We should give the gun to someone with a subset of players they're allowed to choose from to shoot.

If they go outside that, they got shot next.

I think it's better then deciding on a specific player because that keeps mafia from being able to control the conversation easily.

And at 13 players, 10/3 split... Assuming the gun always gets used (no ties, but in most cases that should be easy enough to avoid since we can hammer)... We can only afford like 4 gun uses on a civ? One or two more if we get 1 or 2 of the mafia mixed in with that? Right? It's too early for me to be mathing. But it's a general point.

Then once we have a baddie killed, players who had them in their subset but chose not to shoot them can be looked at more in depth. Plus that's a way to try and force the mafia into bussing if they do get the gun.
this is boo's first post and it's basically stating the obvious about how the game works. imo it's fluff
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm COMPROMISE is what makes this country GREAT, except when it’s MY IDEALS, in which case we must be UNCOMPROMISING in the face of ADVERSITY
something something towncore, something something if I get the gun I'll shoot you, something something casual mention of someone who hasn't even posted but I am saying is either 100% town or mafia. Actually, no. Strike that. They're the secret independent role that isn't stated in the roles. Probably? But I don't know, because reading host posts is apparently for nerds, so I haven't done that.
this is... what the actual fuck is this. this is a scum post 99% of the time it exists.
Wait, is this all you got against him?
Yes, because she's mafia and I'm an easy mis-shot, and she knows it and is going balls to the wall trying to make it happen because if she doesn't I'll be gunning for her until she gets shot and she knows it.
Okay you're being kind of ridiculous. Yes, if I had gotten the gun yesterday I probably would have shot you. But it's not shooty time yet, we still have time to deliberate and like others have said I'm not keen on firmly deciding a target long before the deadline. Reads can change. I'm definitely not set on you as my shooting target, and at almost no point did it look like it was going to be up to me anyway. We've been at a deadlock between Dusk and Hyena for a while and it'll take some major shifts in the last few hours for anyone else to have a shot, and with the atmosphere coming from you/Drago/Hyena against me it's not looking likely that I'll suddenly become the most trusted candidate. But I will have you know that my read of you has not been set in stone, and if I had the ability to shoot right now I would probably choose FG or Hyena instead. So kindly take your "easy mis-shot" narrative elsewhere.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I was not saying you would do the shooting. I was saying you were setting up getting me getting shot. You don't need the gun to direct where who gets it will aim it. And it's cleaner for mafia to not get it but have a hand in directing it.

And you know all of that, and it's the second time you've blatantly misrepresented what I have said; the first being when my talking about the mechanics was somehow trying to control what other people are doing.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think at this point my issues with boo can probably all be chalked up to differences in approach to the game / "culture clash" (I hate that term, and it's weird because we come from the same sites from way back when, but my play has evolved a lot since those days so it kind of applies) -- I just have trouble seeing anything the way boo sees it, and I think that has biased me into scumreading him when he's probably just town with a very different mindset. Like this for example:
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:39 pm
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
nutella wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:49 am Anyway Mac is scum discuss.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine: shoot him, kthanks.
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:34 am oh wait, you had a vote I thought nutella? [VOTE: unvote] aubergine
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:32 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:27 pm
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 pm[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
Can you back this up? I don't see prior allusion to your read of him in your iso.
He seems to want to shoot you. That sounds good to me rn.
So, Boo, did your vote for Nutella reflect a townread on her, or did you just give her a vote because you wanted Mac to die? Also, now that you know I'll be shooting Nutella if I get the gun, does that mean you scumread her now? And how does that affect your read on Mac, if at all?
I don't believe in townreading. It's nonsensical BS people make claims about and then think they're right on, because, *gasp*, yea, obviously you're statistically going to be right most of the time, there are more town. Kind of how the game works.

I wanted to vote for her at that point because I didn't especially like other places votes were going and thought she had one, but you'd already moved off her. Plus I thought she'd consider shooting Mac, which is something I would've been okay with (still am, but less relevant now).

She'd make my shortlist of people to shoot if I got the gun, currently, yes. So you wanting to shoot her specifically works for me. It doesn't affect my read on Mac, it's too early to be looking at connecting people as teammates.
I just 10000% cannot relate to the idea of "not believing in townreads." Townreads are how I solve. I usually find it easier to find other players as town early in the game than to identify concrete suspicions, so I use a loosely POE-based approach to sort out my reads. This probably wasn't the case way back in our LP/Piano days, though I hardly remember what my mindset was in games that long ago; this way of thinking is a relatively recent development for me but for long enough that it has become ingrained in how I play. Boo has not played nearly as much in the intervening years as I have and his style is more reflective of a different site meta (as I'm typing this I feel like it sounds condescending/critical of the "old ways" but that's not the intention, not trying to make a value judgment, just stating that there are differences).

This, along with a lot of his more purely logic-based/mathematical/rational approaches (which can probably be attributed more to his individual personality/general ways of thinking than necessarily to a particular zeitgeist of site meta), makes it hard for me to see the game through Boo's eyes and relate to his analysis. I often townread people based on "mindmelds" and having similar reads, and I am unable to do so with Boo. I think I probably overreacted to his response to Mac, like I was incensed at the thought of anyone trying to apply math to Mac's more intuition-based approach. I had a bad gut feeling about it because of that, and I found it suspicious because I thought boo was trying to extract something that wasn't there in order to concoct a fake suspicion of Mac. And to some extent I do still believe that, and I do still scumlean boo on balance, but I think I have exaggerated that read due to a lack of understanding of his approach and I just want to clear that up and concede that his approach may well be a town one.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:22 pm I was not saying you would do the shooting. I was saying you were setting up getting me getting shot. You don't need the gun to direct where who gets it will aim it. And it's cleaner for mafia to not get it but have a hand in directing it.

And you know all of that, and it's the second time you've blatantly misrepresented what I have said; the first being when my talking about the mechanics was somehow trying to control what other people are doing.
I hope my last post clears this up a little but I am sorry if I've misrepresented you -- I was posting very late last night and was very much not eloquent and having trouble putting my thoughts into words so I think I mis-articulated some things, particularly the idea that you were trying to "impose" anything on anyone. I didn't mean it that way at all, just a looser idea that you were trying to apply your way of thinking to someone else's content in a way that didn't mesh with their original intentions. I'm not trying to say that your approach is wrong, just that it was misapplied to Mac's approach and I originally thought that you were nefariously trying to make him look bad out of nothing, but I can see that you may have legitimately had that interpretation. I don't know. I'm undecided on you now.

And sure, I was trying to push you as a candidate for shooting. But again nothing is set in stone at this point of the phase and now that I'm not screaming that you're "100% scum" I would appreciate the same courtesy. I was pushing my strong read at the time, which is what I believe townies should do. I was not trying to control the narrative in order to ensure a misfire, as you are insisting.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Wow long posts
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Nutella town
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:35 pm
boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:22 pm I was not saying you would do the shooting. I was saying you were setting up getting me getting shot. You don't need the gun to direct where who gets it will aim it. And it's cleaner for mafia to not get it but have a hand in directing it.

I hope my last post clears this up a little but I am sorry if I've misrepresented you -- I was posting very late last night and was very much not eloquent and having trouble putting my thoughts into words so I think I mis-articulated some things, particularly the idea that you were trying to "impose" anything on anyone. I didn't mean it that way at all, just a looser idea that you were trying to apply your way of thinking to someone else's content in a way that didn't mesh with their original intentions. I'm not trying to say that your approach is wrong, just that it was misapplied to Mac's approach and I originally thought that you were nefariously trying to make him look bad out of nothing, but I can see that you may have legitimately had that interpretation. I don't know. I'm undecided on you now.

And sure, I was trying to push you as a candidate for shooting. But again nothing is set in stone at this point of the phase and now that I'm not screaming that you're "100% scum" I would appreciate the same courtesy. I was pushing my strong read at the time, which is what I believe townies should do. I was not trying to control the narrative in order to ensure a misfire, as you are insisting.
No, I'm not dropping you as a candidate for shooting. But I also was never in the group of wanting a fixed candidate. I'd want a minimum of three choices that the person who gets the gun is allowed to choose from, with the understanding if they stray outside that they got shot next. This early on expanding it to more like 4 or 5 because of how conflicting the different reads will be though seems best. Either way, you'd be the top name on my short-list. Along with Mac. Sloonei and Funnygurl to currently round it out.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:45 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:35 pm

No, I'm not dropping you as a candidate for shooting. But I also was never in the group of wanting a fixed candidate. I'd want a minimum of three choices that the person who gets the gun is allowed to choose from, with the understanding if they stray outside that they got shot next. This early on expanding it to more like 4 or 5 because of how conflicting the different reads will be though seems best. Either way, you'd be the top name on my short-list. Along with Mac. Sloonei and Funnygurl to currently round it out.
So currently shot list is you and hyena, who do you think should be third?
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Cause nutella is town so stop pushing that please
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Unless she is scum that would be sad but I hope she is town
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm Cause nutella is town so stop pushing that please
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm Unless she is scum that would be sad but I hope she is town
There are 3 people who want this dude to have the gun? :huh:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:49 pm
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm Cause nutella is town so stop pushing that please
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm Unless she is scum that would be sad but I hope she is town
You aren't counting me! That's 4!
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:50 pm
boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:49 pm
You aren't counting me! That's 4!
I'd only consider a self-vote relevant in the case of a tie-breaker or a hammer.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Dragomir »

She's town cause she made long posts? Bad read. I'll have you know that this site is notorious for containing players that do stuff like that as either alignment. It's not AI. Don't fall for the same trap I was in during my first game here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i agree with this
gman town

For playing how she always does?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:03 pm
i agree with this
gman town

For playing how she always does?
She isn't.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yes she is. This is the new nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:14 pm Yes she is. This is the new nutella.
I'm familiar. Most (or every?) games I've played here since these shifts in style have started, she was in.

She should be casually stoking the flames of getting votes to have the gun if she were town. It wouldn't be as in your face as some people would do it, but it would be there. She doesn't want it, and that has shown.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

I really don’t understand the “scum don’t want the gun” argument that seems inane to me. Nutella doesn’t strike me as a particularly cowardly scum player, so idk why she wouldn’t want it 🤷‍♀️
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:40 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:01 am i actually would like to know why nutella is scum reading boo. for the record i'm not-- i just think g-man's tr of him is bs
just basically all of his posts have felt scummy to me. like sort of in an out-of-touch and mechanics-focused way. and before sloonei says that pointing out mechanics talk as suspicious is more suspicious than mechanics talk itself, for me it was more specifically the nature of what he was talking about. I'll find an example
So, I do agree that boo seemed mechanics-focused early on in the game (I made note of it in a post) but I feel like he has since changed that? Like, mechanics talk usually bores the crap out of me, and I don't recall being bored by anything he's posted since the beginning of the game.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

lol
Johann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 am Also lol at Hyena saying i was shading him. I didn't shade you, i legit said i don't like your or anyones town core lists
There is a difference buddy

And i am a he lol
I just have a feminine nickname
1.) "town cores, a monkey could do it since it is a small game and get some right. To me feels like people just wanna present themself to be active" is shading
2.) I said you were shading the people who were rolling with the proposed towncore at the time, not just me
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:36 pm
I'm familiar. Most (or every?) games I've played here since these shifts in style have started, she was in.

She should be casually stoking the flames of getting votes to have the gun if she were town. It wouldn't be as in your face as some people would do it, but it would be there. She doesn't want it, and that has shown.
Why are you and Hyena constantly pushing the narrative that I don't want the gun when I have repeatedly debunked it? I'd love to get the gun. I'm just skeptical that I'll get enough votes, precisely because you and Hyena keep pushing this narrative. Talk about imposing incorrect intentions on someone. :rolleyes:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:03 am
Hyena wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:09 pm Hi. I'm watching wrestling right now.
What kinda wrestling? In the past year, I've gone from being generally dismissive of the fake sport that is wrestling to being fascinated of the concept from watching Super Eyepatch Wolf videos on it, to watching and being kinda meh about RAW to being incredibly impressed by this year's Wrestlemania to being horrified at Vince McMahon's actions regarding Covid-19 (basically pressuring Reigns to compete despite having a compromised immune system due to surviving leukemia and lobbying republican politicians to declare WWE and other sports "essential businesses"), the rape of Ashley Massaro and all the shit with Saudi Arabia to the point where I don't think I can enjoy watching WWE.

I'm kinda into Jurassic Express and the Bullet Club but I don't know of a good way to watch AEW or NJPW without a cable subcription or expensive Hulu/Prime addon. :sigh:

Well, last night I was actually just watching RAW, lol. Mostly I just watch it out of habit now, or at least keep it on as background noise, though I have been slightly more interested in it the past couple of weeks just to see how they've been working around not being able to have live shows. Though yeah, WWE does stupid, disgusting shit a lot behind the scenes. :< I'd be watching more AEW on TV, but right now, Survivor (which I'm also a fan of) is taking up the same timeslot on Wednesday.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Why are you and Hyena constantly pushing the narrative that I don't want the gun when I have repeatedly debunked it? I'd love to get the gun. I'm just skeptical that I'll get enough votes, precisely because you and Hyena keep pushing this narrative. Talk about imposing incorrect intentions on someone. :rolleyes:
This is a good point actually.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:14 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:47 pm Nutella is scum, who's with me?
Explain this read, Mr. O'mir.
Let's trade. Give me your reasons on FG, and I'll give you mine on Nut.
Did you ever give yours on Nut? :P
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Dragomir »

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:52 pm
No. I don't think I will. Not feeling it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:52 pm
No. I don't think I will. Not feeling it.
Can you at least talk us through the thoughts you had? I don't care if you've moved on from them. I just want to know what made you think she was bad earlier, and why you've changed your mind.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 pm

This is a good point actually.
It isn't. Saying she wants it is not the same as making an effort to get it. Being resigned to not getting it because 2 people have said she isn't acting like she does want it is a pretty defeatist attitude for someone who wants it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't get why we are assuming that the mafia team does not want the gun.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”