Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 5

Moderator: Community Team

Who is responsible for yo mama's demise?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
G-Man
No votes
Lime Coke
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
8%
TonyStarkPrime
33%
Unvote / Other
58%

Total votes: 12
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 4

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:39 pm Until @Dragon D. Luffy and @falcon45ca respectively respond to my inquiry, let's play a little game...

If DDL and Falcon are masons together, and you believe that Wilgy's death is in some way a confirmation of my town status, then the other four players in the game all have their POE of three to push forward with if you are town as well:

Town @Lime Coke POE of 3:
-Nanook
-sprityo
-Tony

Town @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME POE of 3:
-Lime Coke
-sprityo
-Tony

Town @sprityo POE of 3:
-Lime Coke
-Nanook
-Tony

Town @TonyStarkPrime POE of 3:
-Lime Coke
-Nanook
-sprityo

Given those respective POE's, I'd like each of the four of you to put your POE of 3 into a preferred chop order.
i don't accept the "if" statement and that's technically wolfy but I also just flat don't accept it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

operating contingently though I'll say that i think the nanook wagon is currently wolfier than the sprityo wagon (sprityo wagon has both masons) and I'll switch to keep LC from having voting power over it since mathematically that means bad things
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

though honestly tbh if lc shows up and votes for nanook I'll hold my guns but if he's not going to I'll switch just because
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by G-Man »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:05 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:39 pm Until @Dragon D. Luffy and @falcon45ca respectively respond to my inquiry, let's play a little game...

If DDL and Falcon are masons together, and you believe that Wilgy's death is in some way a confirmation of my town status, then the other four players in the game all have their POE of three to push forward with if you are town as well:

Town @Lime Coke POE of 3:
-Nanook
-sprityo
-Tony

Town @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME POE of 3:
-Lime Coke
-sprityo
-Tony

Town @sprityo POE of 3:
-Lime Coke
-Nanook
-Tony

Town @TonyStarkPrime POE of 3:
-Lime Coke
-Nanook
-sprityo

Given those respective POE's, I'd like each of the four of you to put your POE of 3 into a preferred chop order.
i don't accept the "if" statement and that's technically wolfy but I also just flat don't accept it
Unsure what you mean here. Are you saying that you don't yet accept a world where DDL and Falcon are not masons? Or do you not yet accept a world where they are masons?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i'm saying i don't accept that wilgy's death is in any way a confirmation of your town status
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

and also that I'm not 100 percent on trusting the mason claim but whatever I'm basically 100 percent on it
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 136

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:11 pm and also that I'm not 100 percent on trusting the mason claim but whatever I'm basically 100 percent on it
Why Nook over sprityo?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:29 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 pm Unsure of my direction after some ISO work. There are seven of us left. Two of us are mafia. I know that I am town. That leaves two mafia among the six of you. All I need is a POE of three and we win. If the backup mason duo of DDL and Falcon is legit, then it reduces my POE to four. This would mean I just need to identify one more town role and we will be on the path to victory.

@Dragon D. Luffy and @falcon45ca: explain to me (preferably one at a time) how you know your role to work.
Sure.

I was told I was backup mason. After NAA died, I was put into a BTSC w/ DDL, the same one NAA had before they died. He talked to himself a little, and then DDL & I joined and have been chatting since

Under this premise, you are also suggesting that NAA did not have a BTSC partner in his mason chat prior to death?
My Banners:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

idk
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:18 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 pm Unsure of my direction after some ISO work. There are seven of us left. Two of us are mafia. I know that I am town. That leaves two mafia among the six of you. All I need is a POE of three and we win. If the backup mason duo of DDL and Falcon is legit, then it reduces my POE to four. This would mean I just need to identify one more town role and we will be on the path to victory.

@Dragon D. Luffy and @falcon45ca: explain to me (preferably one at a time) how you know your role to work.
Sure.

I was told I was backup mason. After NAA died, I was put into a BTSC w/ DDL, the same one NAA had before they died. He talked to himself a little, and then DDL & I joined and have been chatting since

Under this premise, you are also suggesting that NAA did not have a BTSC partner in his mason chat prior to death?
He did not
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:15 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:11 pm and also that I'm not 100 percent on trusting the mason claim but whatever I'm basically 100 percent on it
Why Nook over sprityo?
i'll run both isos if I have time later tonight and make a choice but I think they're just always the next two flips and I would like to have info over whether Gman is more or less likely to be a wolf
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:53 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:44 pm

The theory:

There may or may not be one or more masons in the game.

If a mason dies and I'm still alive, I become a mason. If there are any other masons in the game when that happens, I join them in BTSC and get mod confirmation of their innocence. If any other backup masons exist, they also join the same BTSC.

The practice:

Me and falcon are backup masons. NAA was a mason. So his death triggered us both being added to the BTSC chat that NAA originally belonged to.

Normal games may only have townie masons, so I'm 100% sure falcon is town.
Under your premise, NAA (the known mason) did not have a BTSC partner with him in the chat?
He didn't. He could have had, the rules allow for it. But Urist only made one regular mason role.

Meaning town got super lucky since mafia's first NK was aimed at a role that needed to die to become useful.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:02 pm It doesn't matter what order they go in as long as they go
Even if you know you are town, we don't, so going out of your way to make it harder for us to trust you doesn't help your stated goal of not being yeeted to win the game.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:36 pm

The theory:

If a mason dies and I'm still alive, I become a mason. If there are any other masons in the game when that happens, I join them in BTSC and get mod confirmation of their innocence. If any other backup masons exist, they also join the same BTSC.

The practice:

Me and falcon are backup masons. NAA was a mason. So his death triggered us both being added to the BTSC chat that NAA originally belonged to.

Under your premise, NAA (the known mason) did not have a BTSC partner with him in the chat?
He didn't. He could have had, the rules allow for it. But Urist only made one regular mason role.

Meaning town got super lucky since mafia's first NK was aimed at a role that needed to die to become useful.
Until NAA died, did you know that either NAA or Falcon was a fellow mason?

@falcon45ca- until NAA died, did you know that either NAA or DDL was a fellow mason?
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nanook is giving me "too scummy to be scum" vibes.

The last two times I thought he was too scummy to be scum, he was scum.

Being fooled 3 consecutive times by the same play is not something I intend to allow.

[VOTE: nanook] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm

The theory:

The practice:

@falcon45ca- until NAA died, did you know that either NAA or DDL was a fellow mason?
Nope.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man with the OCD vote.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:38 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:02 pm It doesn't matter what order they go in as long as they go
Even if you know you are town, we don't, so going out of your way to make it harder for us to trust you doesn't help your stated goal of not being yeeted to win the game.
I can randomly order the names if me pretending to care about the order helps you read me somehow

Somehow I doubt it will
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Like if you have questions or whatever that's fine and I'm happy to answer or engage or whatever

But I mean

I'm not gonna pretend to care about the order when the order does not matter at all for me lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Sure.

He did not
Unmodified mason is not a possible role for NAA in light of both responses by DDL and Falcon.

According to the MafiaScum Wiki that this game is based on, a "Normal" mason is as follows:
A Mason group is a set of players who can communicate (via a shared Private Topic), and who know that every member of the group is Town. In Normal games, Masons are absolutely 100% Town; just as with the Mafia's private communication, it is up to the moderator whether the Private Topic is usable both Day and Night, or at Night only (although an Encryptor in the masonry will of course allow it to be used at any time regardless of the decision).

It is possible for multiple independent masonries to exist in the same game. A masonry must contain at least two players (as players know their own alignment and can already talk to themselves).
A solo mason with no partner, whose death creates a new masonry, isn't a mason at all. They are simply an enabler. If this is a "Normal" game, then I would expect it to follow the "Normal" structure for a "Normal" role. If NAA was this enabling role, then either his classification as a mason is incorrect and misleading or this game's classification as "Normal" is incorrect and misleading.

As such, I can't eliminate from my mind that DDL and Falcon could be running a gambit as the last two remaining mafia. This makes winning the game much harder.
My Banners:
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Least to most? I did a sweep of the ISOs and here is my decision

Lime Coke
TSP
Nanook
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:52 pm
As such, I can't eliminate from my mind that DDL and Falcon could be running a gambit as the last two remaining mafia. This makes winning the game much harder.
god you and me both
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 1

Post by sprityo »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm Ah, I don't really see a reason to not reveal this...game away if ya don't like the play.

There are masons in this game.

I know this cuz I'm a backup Mason, I become one should one of them die

The primary masons need not reveal themselves tho, I figure the backups life is worth less
@G-Man luckily this was during day 1 so the odds that it's a gambit are minimal in my mind.

I would be thoroughly disappointed if all town had for a power role was a singular mason and nothing else.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I guess all that's left is @Lime Coke voting? masons are split voting (I would assume on purpose).

let's pray it's not actually TSP and Limecoke who are the mafia
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Anyways if you want an idea of my preferred order look at who I'm voting lol
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Did gman and DDL switch or am I hallucinating
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 84
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I'll get a vote up. Not feeling great at the moment I'll get my vote up I'm not avoiding this game on purpose I just can't be in this mentally at all.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm

The theory:

The practice:

No clue.

Found it damn hilarious that NAA was a solo Mason tho
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:57 pm
god you and me both
Yeah, but I claimed backup mason before NAA flipped.

How do I do that as Maf?

Also, I never fake claim. Ever
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:30 pm
god you and me both

How do I do that as Maf?

yeah i already addressed this :p
Banners:
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

god you and me both

How do I do that as Maf?

Understandable move for a baddie to make an early claim like that because it 1) allows for a teammate to glom on and use it as a screen later via mason misdirection, and 2) the backup mason status is hard for anyone to refute unless a primary mason (or in this case the mason-enabling role) actually knows the identities of the backups. It's a claim that sticks your neck out there with minimal likelihood that it can be fully contradicted.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Sure.

He did not
Unmodified mason is not a possible role for NAA in light of both responses by DDL and Falcon.

According to the MafiaScum Wiki that this game is based on, a "Normal" mason is as follows:
A Mason group is a set of players who can communicate (via a shared Private Topic), and who know that every member of the group is Town. In Normal games, Masons are absolutely 100% Town; just as with the Mafia's private communication, it is up to the moderator whether the Private Topic is usable both Day and Night, or at Night only (although an Encryptor in the masonry will of course allow it to be used at any time regardless of the decision).

It is possible for multiple independent masonries to exist in the same game. A masonry must contain at least two players (as players know their own alignment and can already talk to themselves).
A solo mason with no partner, whose death creates a new masonry, isn't a mason at all. They are simply an enabler. If this is a "Normal" game, then I would expect it to follow the "Normal" structure for a "Normal" role. If NAA was this enabling role, then either his classification as a mason is incorrect and misleading or this game's classification as "Normal" is incorrect and misleading.

Heh.

@Urist you got exposed.
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Mafia Syndicate Normal Game 0 - Day 1

Post by G-Man »

Ultimately, I was trying to use this NAA post to my advantage to either confirm or contradict the DDL-Falcon masonry claim.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:57 am @Dolby
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@sig
@sprityo
@TonyStarkPrime

This probably contains most / all of the mafia.
Falcon claimed to be backup mason D1. Also in D1, NAA listed Falcon in his POE.

What I was hoping for was that DDL would claim to have had mason BTSC with NAA on D1 and then Falcon got brought into that BTSC chat as the backup. That would have given me 100% trust in the DDL-Falcon masonry because NAA had Falcon but not DDL in his POE. After all my pressing, I didn't get the confirmation that I was looking for.

So now it's back to the drawing board.
My Banners:

G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:39 pm
god you and me both

How do I do that as Maf?

Understandable move for a baddie to make an early claim like that because it 1) allows for a teammate to glom on and use it as a screen later via mason misdirection, and 2) the backup mason status is hard for anyone to refute unless a primary mason (or in this case the mason-enabling role) actually knows the identities of the backups. It's a claim that sticks your neck out there with minimal likelihood that it can be fully contradicted.
It's an insane claim for mafia to make without knowing that there's only one mason lol, cause if there were two masons then they'd be outed after the first one dies.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:49 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:39 pm
god you and me both

How do I do that as Maf?

It's an insane claim for mafia to make without knowing that there's only one mason lol, cause if there were two masons then they'd be outed after the first one dies.
Pretty much.

And while I may be crazy, I'm not insane
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

How will tony look if nanook goes over?

like if town looks X and if mafia looks X?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

because the votes are split:

1 mason
1 self preservation

with G-Man being functionally cleared and on my wagon and TSP who is in the PoE on Nanook
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

because I know for a fact, I am town. and when I flip town Nanook can claim self preservation and try to push lime coke since that's the only other person on the wagon who isnt viewed as really town
Banners:
ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Nook] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:23 pm [VOTE: Nook] aubergine
what's up with the change of mind?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:32 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:23 pm [VOTE: Nook] aubergine
what's up with the change of mind?
I'm feelin' sassy

sprityo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:15 pm because I know for a fact, I am town. and when I flip town Nanook can claim self preservation and try to push lime coke since that's the only other person on the wagon who isnt viewed as really town
It's not self prez it's just a locked poe

My vote was on you before yours was on me too, so not sure how it woild be self prez anyways
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:50 pm Like if you have questions or whatever that's fine and I'm happy to answer or engage or whatever

But I mean

I'm not gonna pretend to care about the order when the order does not matter at all for me lol
I could argue but if you don't care why should I

See you next game I guess.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:13 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:50 pm Like if you have questions or whatever that's fine and I'm happy to answer or engage or whatever

But I mean

I could argue but if you don't care why should I

See you next game I guess.
I mean I don't have to care, the poe is locked for me. You don't have that luxury :p
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm My vote was on you before yours was on me too, so not sure how it woild be self prez anyways
your vote was on first! i literally said so!
sprityo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:42 pm I guess if NANOOK insists on voting me I must oblige him
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I may have misread that, im going back into the box
Banners:
ImageImageImage

I think TSP and sprit are probably the more likely team, was hoping to see lime's vote before committing to/outing that, but yeah, I think tsp and sprit are the more viable team. There's not really anything stopping lime from being mafia in a vacuum, I just don't think he's as likely given pairing stuff. Particularly with votes today. So that's how I have it ordered. tsp/sprit even and lime behind them.

TSP in particular trying to expand the poe while also voting me within the poe reads less as a genuine belief that mafia may have done something fucky and more as an attempt to wriggle out of a semi-locked poe, which makes more sense to me if his partner is sprit vs if it's lime

That is an argument for killing tsp first but I considered sprit more viable and I'm like

80% sure they're just the team anyways, so

Return to “Previous Rackets”