House (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
87%

Total votes: 15
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 231

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by DharmaHelper »

anyway good luck finding the mafia i guess.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Vivax »

I have never tried DH's strategy to be offended all game long, is it viable ?

Votes are still changeable at least. I went a bit over llama again, also worth remembering the post where they agreed that kate was a candidate for faking mafia role usage on self.
Tis the legacy:
Therefore, if I should die before I wake, look at Quin, Bea, Kate, G-Man, and Sig to be possible culprits.
I'm less inclined to sus G-Man. The thoughts seemed genuine without much fluff in his later more sizable posts.

I want to focus on Bea for today because I think by Day 3 everyone should have done a few prods and pokes towards players they suspect. But I still have no insight whatsoever into whom bea has as possible mafia (and didn't vote yet).
I don't know if Tangrowth did anything
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:12 am Another thing to look into: did we see any evidence of Tangrowth this phase?
but she seems to avoid talking about the eliminations, most of the time.
We are looking for peeps who fake their scumreads and I can't do that when I don't know them.

I have no idea how Sloonei ended up with a townread on bea either. But it came along with an equally strong TR on Quin. I think I might have to undig the Sloonei suspicions again because this reads a lot like a mafia would treat a pair with one teammate in it (among Bea and Quin). Sloonei sticks out with these two reads I think.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 am Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Also you can have a town read. Congratulations!
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:29 pm Kate, Bea, and G-man all feel like players we could have stronger reads on collectively.
I'm probably not going to oppose a DH lynch, though. Because I have no idea what their posts are meant to achieve, recently.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Vivax wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:50 am I have never tried DH's strategy to be offended all game long, is it viable ?

Votes are still changeable at least. I went a bit over llama again, also worth remembering the post where they agreed that kate was a candidate for faking mafia role usage on self.
Tis the legacy:
Therefore, if I should die before I wake, look at Quin, Bea, Kate, G-Man, and Sig to be possible culprits.
I'm less inclined to sus G-Man. The thoughts seemed genuine without much fluff in his later more sizable posts.

I want to focus on Bea for today because I think by Day 3 everyone should have done a few prods and pokes towards players they suspect. But I still have no insight whatsoever into whom bea has as possible mafia (and didn't vote yet).
I don't know if Tangrowth did anything
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:12 am Another thing to look into: did we see any evidence of Tangrowth this phase?
but she seems to avoid talking about the eliminations, most of the time.
We are looking for peeps who fake their scumreads and I can't do that when I don't know them.

I have no idea how Sloonei ended up with a townread on bea either. But it came along with an equally strong TR on Quin. I think I might have to undig the Sloonei suspicions again because this reads a lot like a mafia would treat a pair with one teammate in it (among Bea and Quin). Sloonei sticks out with these two reads I think.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 am Your efforts to provide comprehensible content while insanified are appreciated, Bea.

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:29 pm Kate, Bea, and G-man all feel like players we could have stronger reads on collectively.
I'm probably not going to oppose a DH lynch, though. Because I have no idea what their posts are meant to achieve, recently.
i am going to become the joker.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

i hate this shit lol congrats guys i'll 1000% not be posting or reading anything past this post.

fuck me running why did i let juliets convince me to play this shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by G-Man »

Virtue seems to have been absent for me last night.

@DharmaHelper my post at you sounded witty and snarky in my head at 12:30 a.m., but my brain woke me up over it twice last night. Now it reads more like a nasty asshole wrote it. That is not what I aspire to be. I apologize.

The salient point is that I brush past individual observations like yours most of the time and only slow down when it seems like misinterpretations and mischaracterizations are catching on as either a spreading theory or groupthink. You had a lot of points about me that were wrong but it would have been too much time and effort to slow down and refute that many points. Too much micro-focus on stuff like that is also something baddies fall into. I have the luxury of not needing to worry about little details that much because I am a civvie.

Sorry if my post pushed you further to or further over the edge.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:43 am Virtue seems to have been absent for me last night.

@DharmaHelper my post at you sounded witty and snarky in my head at 12:30 a.m., but my brain woke me up over it twice last night. Now it reads more like a nasty asshole wrote it. That is not what I aspire to be. I apologize.

The salient point is that I brush past individual observations like yours most of the time and only slow down when it seems like misinterpretations and mischaracterizations are catching on as either a spreading theory or groupthink. You had a lot of points about me that were wrong but it would have been too much time and effort to slow down and refute that many points. Too much micro-focus on stuff like that is also something baddies fall into. I have the luxury of not needing to worry about little details that much because I am a civvie.

Sorry if my post pushed you further to or further over the edge.
nothing to do with you boss.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:57 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:10 pm Today I took the kids to a birthday party at a Putt-Putt Fun Center. They played games, drove go-karts, and played laser tag. We were there for almost FOUR hours! They had a lot of fun, and I was glad for it. But, it was so nice to come back to my quiet little home. I love my home. It's my favorite place in the entire world. After my husband and kids, it is the thing I'm most thankful for. A super cozy home on a quiet cul-de-sac, in a safe neighborhood.
that sounds so lovely! Man how I miss those little fun centers. I’m surprised they’re still around- all the ones near my childhood home all closed down. I remember one attached to the movie theater had a virtual reality coaster that all my friends and I loved to ride.

Also I totally get the cozy home feeling. It’s like a pinnacle of achievement. When I was in college, I lived in a dorm the size of a closet, when I left college I was touring for years living out of hotels, then rented a place that came fully furnished for a few years, then went back out on the road for more years before I finally was like I JUST WANT MY OWN CHAIR TO SIT IN. Now I sit in my chair and I get fat and sassy. It’s great.
We live in a military town, I think near the biggest post in the country. So we have a lot of fun things to do around us. We have three trampoline parks, a place devoted just to laser tag, indoor skydiving, actual sky-diving, zip-lining, etc. Funny that you mention the roller-coaster simulator. They had one and my youngest was a little scared to ride it at first, but his sister convinced him and they both loved it.

But more than fun stuff, living in a military town also means a huge homeschool community. My kids have a lot of opportunities to build friendships even though they don't schlep off to 8 hours of sitting every day. Tomorrow they are going to a D&D Halloween party with a group they just started meeting up with for D&D twice a month. And I run a co-op that meets weekly for all kinds of fun activities.

I do love my home, but I also think it's pretty awesome that you've had the opportunity to travel. I've never been on a plane or even step foot inside an airport. What did you do while touring? Are you a musician?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:04 pm @Elohcin this is an important question. I agreed to bake a bunch of caramel apple cheesecake bars for about 36 people. This is a big endeavor and I’ve never made cheesecake. I went and bought two 9x13 tins and a hand mixer.
My question is:
-are there any suggestions you would have in baking batches at the same time? I probably need to bake 3 tins worth, as it’s 12 to a tin, but the oven only fits 2 tins at a time.
-the recipe serving makes 12 bars, so is it just as simple as tripling all my ingredients in the mixing and crafting process?
-for the crust, I got a pastry knife. I’ve never seen a pastry knife, but I have one now. Any tips for that?
Thanks so much, and peace be with you
When making multiple batches at the same time, just make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. I don't know what your recipe looks like, but make sure all the wet ingredients are mixed well in one bowl and all the dry ingredients are mixed well in another bowl before combining them together. Also, it is crucial with cheesecake that all ingredients are at room temperature before mixing. As for baking, it is okay to have one batch waiting for the oven. I suggest rotating the pan in the oven 180 degrees halfway through the bake. Most ovens don't heat evenly. Cheesecake can be finicky. I love eating it, but I don't like making it. And, I cannot sell it due to my cottage industry laws, so I'm okay with that. As for the pastry knife, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. It may be what we call a bench scraper. OH! and line the pans with parchment! You will regret it if you don't.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 575
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:27 am anyway good luck finding the mafia i guess.
Your constant appeal to emotion and desire to throw in the towel when you disagree with a fair assessment of your play this game doesn’t make me want to townread you.

And GMan was right, where are the Negan memes you said you were stockpiling?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:41 am
Elohcin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:10 pm Today I took the kids to a birthday party at a Putt-Putt Fun Center. They played games, drove go-karts, and played laser tag. We were there for almost FOUR hours! They had a lot of fun, and I was glad for it. But, it was so nice to come back to my quiet little home. I love my home. It's my favorite place in the entire world. After my husband and kids, it is the thing I'm most thankful for. A super cozy home on a quiet cul-de-sac, in a safe neighborhood.
that sounds so lovely! Man how I miss those little fun centers. I’m surprised they’re still around- all the ones near my childhood home all closed down. I remember one attached to the movie theater had a virtual reality coaster that all my friends and I loved to ride.

Also I totally get the cozy home feeling. It’s like a pinnacle of achievement. When I was in college, I lived in a dorm the size of a closet, when I left college I was touring for years living out of hotels, then rented a place that came fully furnished for a few years, then went back out on the road for more years before I finally was like I JUST WANT MY OWN CHAIR TO SIT IN. Now I sit in my chair and I get fat and sassy. It’s great.
We live in a military town, I think near the biggest post in the country. So we have a lot of fun things to do around us. We have three trampoline parks, a place devoted just to laser tag, indoor skydiving, actual sky-diving, zip-lining, etc. Funny that you mention the roller-coaster simulator. They had one and my youngest was a little scared to ride it at first, but his sister convinced him and they both loved it.

But more than fun stuff, living in a military town also means a huge homeschool community. My kids have a lot of opportunities to build friendships even though they don't schlep off to 8 hours of sitting every day. Tomorrow they are going to a D&D Halloween party with a group they just started meeting up with for D&D twice a month. And I run a co-op that meets weekly for all kinds of fun activities.

I do love my home, but I also think it's pretty awesome that you've had the opportunity to travel. I've never been on a plane or even step foot inside an airport. What did you do while touring? Are you a musician?
Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:41 am

Ah yes, some of my aunts and uncles are military and those communities they stay in near bases are definitely homey and tight knit.

I’ve been an actor in national tours and cruise ships since college, though the pandemic has since derailed that industry and it’s been a slow process getting back into it

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ah yes, I remember now, actor. Sounds do fun!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 173

Post by sig »

Woll U wis gaung ta siy tumo ta bo ictevo beeeeet samoano docudod ta unsino mo <.<
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:32 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:04 pm @Elohcin this is an important question. I agreed to bake a bunch of caramel apple cheesecake bars for about 36 people. This is a big endeavor and I’ve never made cheesecake. I went and bought two 9x13 tins and a hand mixer.
My question is:
-are there any suggestions you would have in baking batches at the same time? I probably need to bake 3 tins worth, as it’s 12 to a tin, but the oven only fits 2 tins at a time.
-the recipe serving makes 12 bars, so is it just as simple as tripling all my ingredients in the mixing and crafting process?
-for the crust, I got a pastry knife. I’ve never seen a pastry knife, but I have one now. Any tips for that?
When making multiple batches at the same time, just make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. I don't know what your recipe looks like, but make sure all the wet ingredients are mixed well in one bowl and all the dry ingredients are mixed well in another bowl before combining them together. Also, it is crucial with cheesecake that all ingredients are at room temperature before mixing. As for baking, it is okay to have one batch waiting for the oven. I suggest rotating the pan in the oven 180 degrees halfway through the bake. Most ovens don't heat evenly. Cheesecake can be finicky. I love eating it, but I don't like making it. And, I cannot sell it due to my cottage industry laws, so I'm okay with that. As for the pastry knife, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. It may be what we call a bench scraper. OH! and line the pans with parchment! You will regret it if you don't.
this is incredible helpful. Thank you!
The pastry knife is also called a dough blender? I dunno, it looks like a bladed brass knuckles. Supposed to be cutting the butter for the mixing. I did some baking a few years ago and got rave reviews but I don’t have finesse or really knowing what I’m doing lol. Thanks for the help!

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 am Woll U wis gaung ta siy tumo ta bo ictevo beeeeet samoano docudod ta unsino mo <.<
Nahhh you can still be ictevo. Bring up a chair to the drum circle my man

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ulsi E dedn’t vita si cun’t bluma avaryina ti ut moch bot smh wa gittu gat ior stoff tigathar
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:51 am
sig wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 am Woll U wis gaung ta siy tumo ta bo ictevo beeeeet samoano docudod ta unsino mo <.<
Nahhh you can still be ictevo. Bring up a chair to the drum circle my man

Ne den’t thank A con, thank A’ll jist nuud te ceost fer onethur 48 heirs cirsu yei ansonafur cirsu yei!

Ilsa my niteril ibuluty ta muspoll inywiy wull no fen wuth thus lal
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Of DH os guong tu kiip thi wuw os mi end silf vuti thong guong wi moght es will vuti hom uff whin wi hevi thi woggli ruum
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sounds like you are having a blast @Elohcin!

Also, y'all I heard from Typhoony!! He's doing great, life has been good to him. Here are some pictures of one of the loves of his life! The comments are Typh's:

And the dog is doing fine, he loves the sand that is currently in our back yard

But he also loves it when its cold and we wrap him in blanketsImage

And he also loves to watch us when we're working, or eating, or playing a game, or whatever

I asked him to give me the doggy but he wouldn't do it. Some friend he is! :biggrin:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 154

Post by S~V~S »

Oh such a cute doggy! Send all the biscuits to Typh, his lady and his doggy :cloud9:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 112

Post by thellama73 »

Thanks for a fun game everybody!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 am
Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:32 am
My question is:
this is incredible helpful. Thank you!
The pastry knife is also called a dough blender? I dunno, it looks like a bladed brass knuckles. Supposed to be cutting the butter for the mixing. I did some baking a few years ago and got rave reviews but I don’t have finesse or really knowing what I’m doing lol. Thanks for the help!
Ah, yes. I know what you are talking about. So for the crust, you do want cold butter. And that tool will cut the cold butter into the flour mixture quite nicely. Wrap and chill the the crust dough about 10-15 mintues before rolling out and putting in the pans. Don't chill too much that it cannot be rolled though. And, I like to roll mine between two pieces of parchment to prevent sticking or the possibility of over-flouring.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:56 am Of DH os guong tu kiip thi wuw os mi end silf vuti thong guong wi moght es will vuti hom uff whin wi hevi thi woggli ruum
That’s DOCTOR woggli ruum, sir

And yeah. I feel that. He’s literally thrown his hands up on this game and nothing about it helps the town.

DH. If you are town, this isn’t over. The whole shtick blasting people for not reading your posts: that’s unhelpful, and perhaps if many people are missing things that seem obvious to you in your posts, it’s an error on the part of the communicator.

Let’s find a baseline again- who do you find suspicious?

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Would anyone please be kind enough to show me how to multiquote?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

juliets wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:58 am Sounds like you are having a blast @Elohcin!

Also, y'all I heard from Typhoony!! He's doing great, life has been good to him. Here are some pictures of one of the loves of his life! The comments are Typh's:

And the dog is doing fine, he loves the sand that is currently in our back yard

But he also loves it when its cold and we wrap him in blanketsImage

And he also loves to watch us when we're working, or eating, or playing a game, or whatever

I asked him to give me the doggy but he wouldn't do it. Some friend he is! :biggrin:
cute doggies are cute :nicenod:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:40 pm
sig wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:56 am Of DH os guong tu kiip thi wuw os mi end silf vuti thong guong wi moght es will vuti hom uff whin wi hevi thi woggli ruum
That’s DOCTOR woggli ruum, sir

And yeah. I feel that. He’s literally thrown his hands up on this game and nothing about it helps the town.

DH. If you are town, this isn’t over. The whole shtick blasting people for not reading your posts: that’s unhelpful, and perhaps if many people are missing things that seem obvious to you in your posts, it’s an error on the part of the communicator.

Let’s find a baseline again- who do you find suspicious?
I have to agree, it also comes off as a tad superior (or condescending) which may be why people were just getting mad in general. No one wants to play that way and I apologize if I was part of the problem.
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Quin looks better on a reread with the latest posts.
Kate/Bea maybe ?

Or Bea/Sloonei (considering how Sloonei handled Quin and bea reads and then assuming Quin town)

And DFara remains a coinflip.

I‘m unsure if the Kate/DH exchanges suggest aligned.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 582

Post by Golden »

Working theory is you did this to yourself and I’m hesitant to give any voweled person a pass like I did with bea yesterday, given it’s something one can do to oneself. If the mafia worked this one out sooner, not voting to give yourself more time to coast is a viable tactic.

This goes for Michelle too. Both of you need to still try to play.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

Effective immediately S~V~S will be replacing Dharmahelper. Please do not discuss subs.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Vivax wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:43 pm Quin looks better on a reread with the latest posts.
Kate/Bea maybe ?

Or Bea/Sloonei (considering how Sloonei handled Quin and bea reads and then assuming Quin town)

Kate does. IMHO :nicenod: :noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

It has been a hot minute since I played with SVS. Welcome!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Vivax wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:43 pm Quin looks better on a reread with the latest posts.
Kate/Bea maybe ?

I do not understand what you think you see in my Bea read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Welcome SVS, you were the person I was most sad you weren’t in the player list to begin, glad you’re here!

Also Heiots though
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm
Kate/Bea maybe ?

I find it hard to believe a civ would have her as more than null. Even if correct, it‘s an unreasonable degree of confidence for you to have (and on Quin as well)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Yay! Welcome SVS!
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Has anyone completed a recount of yesterday's vote and compiled the order? I'm not sure that's worded right... If not, does anyone plan to? I think yesterday's lynch could give us some valuable info.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks for the welcome!
Golden wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:06 pm Welcome SVS, you were the person I was most sad you weren’t in the player list to begin, glad you’re here!

Also Heiots though
Heiots :cloud9: she was too sweet for Mafia.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm It has been a hot minute since I played with SVS. Welcome!
Thanks! Good (but weird) to be here.
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:25 pm Yay! Welcome SVS!
:hug:

Did anyone tell you how to multiquote? I saw you asked earlier? you hit the quotation mark in the upper right of the first post you want to quote (I have the dark screen, it may be different on a light background). Then when you're in the posting screen, hit "Expand View" over the top of the last post directly under your posting window, and hit the quote mark in the post you want to quote. there might be a better, newer way, but I don't know it.

I'm working on a megapost, bbl.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:41 pm Thanks for the welcome!
Golden wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:06 pm Welcome SVS, you were the person I was most sad you weren’t in the player list to begin, glad you’re here!

Also Heiots though
Heiots :cloud9: she was too sweet for Mafia.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm It has been a hot minute since I played with SVS. Welcome!
Thanks! Good (but weird) to be here.
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:25 pm Yay! Welcome SVS!
:hug:

Did anyone tell you how to multiquote? I saw you asked earlier? you hit the quotation mark in the upper right of the first post you want to quote (I have the dark screen, it may be different on a light background). Then when you're in the posting screen, hit "Expand View" over the top of the last post directly under your posting window, and hit the quote mark in the post you want to quote. there might be a better, newer way, but I don't know it.

I'm working on a megapost, bbl.
THANK YOU!!! I do have the dark screen. I mayormaynot make a test post. thanks again :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, glad to be here! I have been following the game, and have some pretty defined opinions. I work M-F 8-5, and am very unlikely to be able to post during those times, just an FYI.

First to clear up a few things. DH and i have played together for YEARS, as teammates, as adversaries, we played D&D together for a while. One thing I know about DH, when DH is bad, he takes his frustration to the chat. He's calm, he spends much more time playing nice when he's bad. I'm watching this classic thread derail (and again, this is something I know about, have derailed more than one thread with him and others) yelling at my monitor, "HE'S A CIV". @Kate I'm talking to you, I think that was a civ/civ situation. Classic.

And I have his role card now, and can guarantee you he was a civ. @DharmaHelper thanks for what you said in the Zero poll :hugs:

OK, I am NOT a fan of naming civs, the baddies do get to NK people, but they also still have to lynch people. And if everyone thinks person X is civ, they can't lynch them, that cuts down their chances for opportunism. That said, in "Modern" (@Scotty :pout: )mafia, that apparently is not the case, so I will give general impressions of everyone. There are a few people I will not lynch, and I will work hard against a lynch wagon on any of them, should one form. And that's all I'm saying about that.

I left the dead on the list for my reasons. I will go between ped and sarc to make it easier to read. I have more firmly formed opinions on some than others.

Are the polls posted? I thought I saw them, but I'm not sure where they are. Can someone help a girl out? Also was there much voting without posting? I saw some discussion of it, but didn't really watch the poll while following.

THE AMAZING PLAYERS!
bea- Bea! Come out and play, I am not thrilled with the Bea I'm seeing. I know time is tight, but I am missing your insights. I could vote for her.
DFaraday- As always very quiet. I do know he is responsible when bad. If he's missing votes, not sure bad DF would do so. But it's been years, so I have to look at votes.
DharmaHelper-Such a civ it's a shame you all missed it.
DrWilgy-He's licking people? This seems like standard Wilgy chaos? I can never tell with him. What does his voting record look like?
Elohcin- I think she's likely civ, unless her game has changed tons (and iirc she said she doesn't play much?) I have nothing to question here.
fingersplints-I am curious about those saying Splints was most def civ, but saying Kate self targeted. What did Splints do that was so civvie? If the rez comes up, I'll be voting Llama as of now.
G-Man- I could vote here. I have seen both G men, bad and good, and he is a stellar civ, a self conscious baddie. Halloween weekend, he's a Dad. Give me more G, man. You're looking self conscious.
Golden-I am super conflicted here. He looks like civ Golden, he sounds like civ Golden, but his conclusions are very different than mine. So definite middle ground for me.
Kate- I KNOW Kate, and like DH, she would NEVER have that hissy thing in thread if she was bad. When she was OT'ed she was here like all the time. I would be amazed if she was bad
thellama73- I think he was a civ, and as of now, he has my rez vote should that be triggered.
Lorab- I am flummoxed that any pre-Syndicate old timey players suspected her. She always looks shady to those newer to her. Did Bea vote for her?
Michelle- I know i played with her once or so, I have zero impression of her here except "blendy". Those who know her, is this her norm? If not, I could vote here, too.
NotAnAxehole-I thought he was bad. I especially thought his suggestion of a firedrill was bad, but that could be my bias. I have to compare Vivax1 to Vivax2. Haven't done that yet.
Quin-TBH, quin/Scotty/Golden/Llama were all blending in for me a bit while I was following, I need to read him. I have no impression of him, and I should.
Scotty-I think he's probably a civ. I grossly misread him once, and the person I am seeing here is that person. Anyone have a recent Scotty bad game I could see?
sig- Blendy sig is blendy. Is this still the case? Not seeing anything overtly scary, I need opinions here.
Sloonei-I am not seeing the civ Sloonei I knew and feared, but he may have changed up his game? Could I see recent good/bads for him maybe?
Vivax- Like I said, I felt NAA was bad, but it was for mainly undefined reasons. Vivax seems more civ, but I need to do a read on him tbh

So where is everyone else at?
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:35 pm Has anyone completed a recount of yesterday's vote and compiled the order? I'm not sure that's worded right... If not, does anyone plan to? I think yesterday's lynch could give us some valuable info.
This ^^ I could use some poll help, and it's a good way to get discussion going.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:55 pm Effective immediately S~V~S will be replacing Dharmahelper. Please do not discuss subs.
test
Kate wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:59 pm
Kate/Bea maybe ?

Kate does. IMHO :nicenod: :noble:
test
test
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:00 pm
Kate/Bea maybe ?

test
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also I saw that at least one person gave bea a civ read because her insanification was townie-like, iirc. Can that person explain why? It was maybe Golden or Sloonei?

Why was her OT so civvieish?

I am going to actually [VOTE: bea] aubergine now just to let her know I love her and want her to come and play <3
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:11 pm Also I saw that at least one person gave bea a civ read because her insanification was townie-like, iirc. Can that person explain why? It was maybe Golden or Sloonei?

I am going to actually [VOTE: bea] aubergine now just to let her know I love her and want her to come and play <3
I gave her a town read, but it wasn’t for that reason.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I gave Bea a town read because I liked her big wall of text post after having her curse lifted Night 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:11 pm Also I saw that at least one person gave bea a civ read because her insanification was townie-like, iirc. Can that person explain why? It was maybe Golden or Sloonei?

You‘re looking in a similar way at the game state and am glad you replaced in.

Bea or Kate are acceptable wagons for me. We should be talking reads a lot more by D3 and not shy away from voting.

[VOTE: bea] aubergine
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Vigorous day of ISO'ing ahead for me (but I have some work to do as well). I'm starting with the ISO's that are less extensive. Before I get to the first few, I'll be referencing this image for vote analysis, even though there isn't a whole lot to work with yet because of the D1 switch.

I'm working from the assumption that the baddies have not NK'd one of their own. Points have been made to rationalize the mafia's kill choices as safe plays. It also makes no sense from a baddie's perspective to diminish your ratio and extend the game so early on.

D1's switch got rid of the 3P, but it also robs us of taking a results-oriented look at the day. Everyone who received votes on D1 is still alive.

Random facts that I saw but don't mean anything yet: 1) three of the four D1 Sloonei voters are all now dead; 2) Quin & Sloonei are the only people whose votes match each other for both days.

I also made an old-school role poe chart, but I don't know if I should share it or if it will be too useful for the baddies as well.

Now then, on to some ISO's. I'm trying to formulate a town core without leaving too many people in the sus pile. Assuming 4 baddies in the game and 14 players left, my goal is to have a poe of no greater than six just because we don't have enough margin for error to consider too wide a poe pool.

BEA:
Overall, her ISO looks pretty good. A little lean on game-relevant content but she was easing back into things. Her worst post looks to be the one where she expressed dismay about not wanting to vote for any of the trains involved in a three-way tie at the time with what she thought was only 30 minutes to go, but her very next post may well be a townslip in which she realizes (via someone's response) that there was another 24 hours left on the poll. Could it be manufactured? Sure. But I don't know that baddies either 1) forget the poll deadline, or 2) try to fake that sort of slip. She spends D2 with letter weirdness but she jumped back into the game strong, showing that she didn't use the phase as a coasting opportunity. Good look there. The only curious thing that stands out to me otherwise is her habit of declaring the OG folks as being 'on point' for their years-ago meta. She used that phrase a few times when evaluating.

Votes: Missed D1, VivAxe D2 (@bea Why VivAxe again? Was it more Viv or more Axe? I don't see your vote declared in your ISO.)

DF:
Posts a promise-to-catch-up post at the end of N0, misses all of D1, has a right (imo) read on Eloh. Also cursed with switched vowels D2. Another promise post, and then a post in which he says that LoRab's tone reminds him of her past baddie tone and he votes for her. That's it. Four posts. @DFaraday Now that you are not cursed, can you point to a few of LoRab's posts that led you to the wrong conclusion about her tone meta? DF is about as inconclusive as it gets. With no real room for null reads at this point, I have to put him in my poe. It's not because I find him suspicious, but because I have no reason to townclear him based on his content thus far.

Votes: Missed D1, LoRab D2

DrWilgy:
He miss N0, which is neither here nor there. The lick thing was cute, but also ISO'ing reveals that it was inconsistent. His first few licks are for people he voted for. Then the licks seem to switch to take on a positive (?) connotation. @DrWilgy Can you please pause the goofiness to explain the licking thing? He makes a comment about Michelle being bad for not having solved things yet; I take this to be a joke. Otherwise it's a conspicuous break in his shtick. There's a lot of explaining what people tasted like when he licked them. I don't know what to make of his comments on how Eloh and Viv tasted. That was his D1. Nothing useful. D2 he seems to latch onto sig but then backtracks. Late in the day D2 he admits to having no conclusions on the game yet. He later seems to enjoy the tension and chaos of eod, but then wasn't keen on letting the moderator break the tie. If this were D2, I'd give Wilgy a null read, but this is D3 and the whimsical nature of his game so far hasn't been very productive. All those licks and he hasn't gotten to the center of a single player's Tootsie Pop yet to form a read? It's enough to leave me unable to townclear him.

Votes: Golden D1, Quin D2

Elohcin:
I still think the D1 sus of her was overblown at best and disingenuous at worst. I hope to source the origin of her train through these ISO's. She was sus of Vivax 1.0 and Sloonei. She continued to be sus of Sloonei D2, and there is the supposed townslip. Despite Sloonei sus, she turns her attention and vote to LoRab for her unhelpfulness and tone. Now she is OT Green for the day. @Elohcin What is the state of your Sloonei suspicion? I still feel good about her. Maybe her vote for LoRab could be read as advantageous, but I haven't seen the 'agreeable tell' like I think I remember.

Votes: Sloonei D1, LoRab D2

Kate:
She spends D1 sus on Scotty. This looks wrongheaded to me now, so I am curious if her read on him changed. @Kate What's your current opinion on Scotty? I feel ashamed to say that I don't remember Kate's playstyle at all. Perhaps it's just been that long. The level of sass took me by surprise, but we were a sassy bunch back in those days. She was OT Green for D2, but she got a few non-OT posts off at the start of the day. This makes me ponder if Kate had an OG townslip here. I understand the tinfoil theory about baddies OT'ing their own to buy them space, but it doesn't seem like Kate was suddenly in danger of falling onto the radar in a bad way. Also, if a baddie is OT'd, I don't think that they make the mistake of rattling off a few non-OT posts like that. The rest of D2 was lost to OT Green. N2 she comes in hot and mixes it up with a few people, DH the most. Overall, there seems to be a fair amount of culture clash and adjustment for Kate. Not surprising for a deep OG player. I can see the difficulty with how different the game is now being a talking point that a baddie could exploit, but her frustration seems genuine and I still doubt that a baddie goofs up on the OT bit at the start of the day. Not a lock, but that possible townslip is more than enough for me to keep her out of the poe.

Votes: Scotty D1, DH D2
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Anniversary Game 1 - Classic Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:09 pm History would dictate that I should vote a no-poster here, but history also says you shouldn’t march on Russia in the winter. I think that’s crock, see? You just have to wear thicker outer layers and bring more rations. I have it all figured out! While other poindexters might put their head down and wait until summer to make an offensive push on the oppressive czar of the day, I confidently proclaim “naw,” get on my bike and ride forth, baby. Instead of following the narrative “learn from the past’s mistakes,” I choose to “make mistakes in the future.” I choose to never make new beginnings by always postponing the endings.

Life is a haiku made up of an infinite spew of lines.

Anyway, [VOTE: Bea] aubergine
Wait. What? I didn't understand any of this. It was like a Dali painting but with words in my brain.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm I have an idea of who the mafia is, but it's not who I'm voting at the moment. Though, the person I'm voting may also be mafia, who knows.
I am confused by this logic as well.
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm I voted bea because
A) she is extremely cheery
B) she is the first in the poll
C) I don’t know if it’s pronounced “bay” or “bee” or “bah-ee”
But mainly e) her first post was quoting another post, which is suspicious.

Boom! Roasted.
A) I am Bea (pronounced bee. Short for Beatrice.). I am usually extremely cheery especially at the start when I am just happy to talk to people. It's been like 8 years since I've played so I am probably extra cheery. :bea:

B) I, sadly, have been voted on for less.

C) I am curious as to what happened to point D in the list.

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:39 pm I voted bea because
A) she is extremely cheery
B) she is the first in the poll
C) I don’t know if it’s pronounced “bay” or “bee” or “bah-ee”
But mainly e) her first post was quoting another post, which is suspicious.

Boom! Roasted.
I voted Bea.
That makes my heart sad. Even if it was short lived.

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:11 pm Visions of Day 1’s of old are running through my mind. I’m not inclined to just let it go in the undisciplined manner of yesteryear. I need more meat to chew on from everyone first. I’m thankful that my night away coincided with Night 0 instead of the first half of Day 1.
G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:27 pm That being said, I actually think sig coming out and throwing caution to the wind with regards to his spelling and grammar is townie, if not reckless. Could be WIFOM, but that role is incredibly restrictive to my *vibe* which comes with autocorrect errors and incomplete sentences. So I get it.
The grammar police role is mafia. Making typos does not benefit town.
Valid point indeed! But the civvies have an adverb checker, so we should play it old school like when lie detector roles were still in vogue and pressure everyone to post a unique adverb. Anyone who resists must die. :llama:
I agree with what G-man is laying down here.

Adverbs in generaly VASTLY improve communication. They can also HEAVILY color meaning in terms of connoative associations.

(Oh! I almost souned smart up there!)

thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:35 am
Elohcin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:29 am Y'all should know to give me a little leeway before suspecting me, especially when I've been away for so many years.
No mercy for the cakemaker!
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:28 pm I have an idea of who the mafia is, but it's not who I'm voting at the moment. Though, the person I'm voting may also be mafia, who knows.
I do not like this post, nor do I like the vote for Bea. Mind you, I think voting for Bea in general is reasonable because people always tend to trust her, which makes her dangerous on the occasions when she is mafia, but Axey’s vote came without explanation and was a pile on after a (marginally) more justified vote.

Also, why would you not vote for who you think the mafia is?
I am worthy of trust this time round llamaloo!

Also, Hiiiiiiii! Miss you sir!

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 am Bea: *Lick*
G-Man: *Lick*
I am now curious as to how I taste.
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:29 pm I think Dharma and Wilgy are villagers
I liked Scotty asking about the reason of receiving a town read

I have mixed feelings about Eloh I think they can go either way

I am sorry if I make any gender mistake, for players I don't know I will use they but I would appreciate help here.eta infos would be great!

Also I wish to know everyone's time zone.
I live in East Europe and for me is 10:30 pm now
I am female. My time is currently 2:47 pm. I am in Arizona (US) where time is bizzare.
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm My sense is that the mafia is laying low right now. Kate has only two posts. Lorab has only three, although she also has a good excuse. Bea has no posts on Day 1 yet. I’ll be watching these players very closely.
fingersplints wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:47 pm
thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm My sense is that the mafia is laying low right now. Kate has only two posts. Lorab has only three, although she also has a good excuse. Bea has no posts on Day 1 yet. I’ll be watching these players very closely.
Is there a reason you skipped over dfaraday who only has 1?
Interesting point. Upon further reading of the thread "forgot him" feels on brand for DF too.

Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:54 pm There would be nothing more ‘classic mafia’ than DF being D1 lynched for low posting.
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:08 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:54 pm There would be nothing more ‘classic mafia’ than DF being D1 lynched for low posting.
Hopefully they posts and we can make a read because lynching a low poster at random is a coin flip.
I would say ‘at random’ excludes meta reads. Lynching a low posting DF on day 1 feels like worse odds than a coin flip to me.
This all vibes better for golden imo. Far too many mafia games lose civ DF for low posting right out the gate if memory serves correctly.

thellama73 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:22 pm The fact that no one is trying to lynch me on Day One is very out of character for this site and is making me uneasy. :huh:
I don't remember you being in the hot seat on day 1 much, but things change I guess and I've been gone a minute.
sig wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:00 pm
I could see this. Especially if mafia are people that haven’t played in awhile they’ll be more likely to hang back and get acclimated
I am not mafia. I have however been gone a long time. Getting acclimated after a long break isn't a baddie behavior per say. In my case, it is "I've been gone a long time. Dusting off cobwebs is strange. My enviornment is both strange and familiar."

As for the vote, I don't really know. Day 1 is hard. All the cases seem pretty weak. I generally see the good in everyone.
Beas first substantive post (it's big, so i put it in spoilers) It's her 9th post, the first 8 were fluff.

I will she she is hella concerned with DFaraday.

It starts with Splints questioning Llama as to why he left DF out of his low posters list. Bea seems more concerned with defending Faraday than working with Splints main point, that Llamas low poster list was incomplete.

Then Golden/Michelle discuss lynching low posters, and beas thoughts on that are also about DF:
Bea said: This all vibes better for golden imo. Far too many mafia games lose civ DF for low posting right out the gate if memory serves correctly.
A few posts later, Sloonei tries to draw her out, this back and forth makes Sloonei look better to me.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:20 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:07 pm @bea Which players in this game are/were you most familiar with in those bygone days?
1) Most experience playing with: DF, DH, Splintsy, G-man, Golden, Kate, Lorab.

2) Mid-teir: Dr. Wgy, llamaloo, quin, scotty, sug, you.

3) New to me: Michelle, Axe, Vivax.
What are your first impressions of the new-to-you folks?
Michelle gives me mo reason to worry about her yet.
Viv seems quiet.
Axe confuses me. Cant figure out if he is srrs, joking or on lsd.
Vivax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:23 pm Bea‘s avi looks like a croupier kitty. Tone worries me a bit.

May move Sloonei to town for that certain ballsiness, but I suspect theirs is some lazy meta read from being used to seeing me post more energetically.
Hi Viv! The avi is actually Matt Smith's Doctor cosplay from a cat. :biggrin:
This here is a back/forth she had with Golden. this quote makes me think if one of them is bad, the other is not. This feels real, not even a little like teammate distancing.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:00 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:56 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:46 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:40 pm
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:34 pm @Golden

Yes. I am most familiar with the people who played on sites before the syndicate.

I am unsure as to why you pointed this out Golden? Did you think I was avoiding the question of "Who are you most familiar with?"
No. It was just funny how perfect the breakdown was.

A no u moment here… but that felt like you were jumping at a shadow. Why did you read that post as having a hidden intent?
Because I am still trying to figure you out. I feel like my Golden gut monitor is off and I can't tell if it's from lack of practice reading you, your play style has changed or you are being weird.
I mean the third one is definitely true but that doesn’t mean other things are not.

Is getting an early read on me something you specifically want to do?
Old habits die hard. I usually had a pretty solid read on you early in the past. It was one of the things that helped to ground me so I am feeling a little shook up over my flippy flop about trusting you or not.
Then she seemed to not want to vote for ...DF? And Lorab, who we know was civ, and Kate, who I think is civ.
bea wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:24 pm 3 way tie - vote closes in little more than 30 minutes. I dont want to vote for any of the people who have votes. Quiet (possilbe miss of lynch) from df feels on brand, a post abput driving from lorab then nothing. No posts from kate. That has me worried. Ugh. Day 1. :(
@bea, What are your current thoughts on DFaraday? I am intrigued, I need to know.

And she did not vote for anyone, resulting in insanification, yes?

Next is also a big one, so I put it in spoilers. This is post insanification.
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:14 pm
Vivax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:46 am
bea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:20 am
Vivax wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:51 am I guess that losing the Cipher is awkward.
gg Lora
Sadly the rez only works on nightkills afaik.

Good thing bea and kate can talk normally.

@ Kate

What's your case on DH?

Nice idea with the coloured sentences, I'll steal it.

As for bea: I have some questions about sentences I find a bit vague, if you could expound a bit please.

1. I have zero remembrance of you getting thrown off by Golden on D1. Going over your ISO you mostly have positive mentions on D1. Where did Golden throw you off and what did you understand about where he was coming from?
2. This is a strange angle to townread both quinn and shloon. You are basing it on the alignments of kate, dh, llama and golden being assumed town. Do you have that sort of confidence about them ?
1) It is the mostly part, he made my gut feel like something was off. Hence 1 eye. I was not joking about having a hard time getting a read on him and not being able to figure out why. It might not have looked like a full on sus (cuz it wasn't) but it was there. I mentioned it, golden addressed it. I sat back and kept an eye on him.

2) I am basing my thoughts on sloon amd quinn based on sloon and quinn. I am unsure what my reads of the others have to do with it. Can you explain what you are asking further? Sometimes I am quite unintentionally obtuse.

Also, the spoiler post reminded me - I still have these questions. Can anyone help a gal out? :grin:

Questions: 3p = 3rd party = indy yes?
Were DF and I the only 2 people to miss the D1
(1)
I admit, Golden's playstyle day 1 really threw my vibes off (I am a vibe player) But I think after today, I see why he was trying to switch stuff up more and I undersand where he was coming from.
(2)
As for shloon and quinn - IIRC, quinn was the first one to say "the D1 train on Bea is bullsuit. I thought it at the time, but continued to do nothing. " Then sloon actually helped move from topic *of* conversation to actually talking and contributing. I mean, from where I sit, that feels town. Could they be mafia sucking up? Sure. But why me?? Ya'll know I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. If it were mafia, I'd spend more time getting kate, or dh, or llama, or golden or literally anyone else's good graces than bea's.
What about the last part in sentence (2)?
I am not known for being a particularly good civ leader in a game. I am no - say - jjj or sloon or golden or supatowloo. I tend to blindly bumble my way through the world in both alignements and probs more so as a civ because i am relying on my not so great brain and gut. When you generally go through the world trusting everyone, it does not exactly turn you into a skilled person at spoting people who are trying to manipulate you.

So, for as WIFOM as it may seem, I have a hard time beliving that if quinn and sloon are linked in the game, that they are mafia trying to gain credit via me. Because I am typically prety easy to lynch for general "bea did something dumb" and not waste an NK on early because there are bigger fish to fry. Why spend the time getting in my good graces? Does that help explain my thought process more?
This makes me feel better about Vivax, and (who is "supatowloo??) less so about Bea. This is totally not true, imo. Civ Bea reminds me of Ms Marvel in a way, the last person you expect to throw on a cape and a mask, but there you go. It's early days, but I am not seeing even a shadow of that person. TBH I am conflicted though because she KNOWS I feel this way about her game, that she self deprecates a bit more than she should. She might not have said this had I been playing at that time. Had she said that when i was playing, i would have voted her then and not stopped till one of us was gone, lol, but i'll give her a pass for that statement here because I was not playing when she said it. But not helping me feel better.

Also, who was saying intentionally missing votes might be a strategy? Interesting thought. Bea was in thread 2 hours before the vote, and 40 minutes after it ended, and she was fairly active that night phase, discussing vote changing etc. That discussion led to to recall why I suspected NAA also, it was the fire drill as well as the not wanting to mark votes, just to switch them.

I found it!

Was this the only reason you townread her? I would like to know what in her content up to the point that you said this leads you to townread her. Her content AFTER this point reads more town to me than before it tbh.

OK, that was a big ugly post, I have to read more, walk the dog and then be back.

Linki @Sloonei that's how this reads to me, so i guess i misunderstood.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Kate:
She spends D1 sus on Scotty. This looks wrongheaded to me now, so I am curious if her read on him changed. @Kate What's your current opinion on Scotty? I feel ashamed to say that I don't remember Kate's playstyle at all. Perhaps it's just been that long. The level of sass took me by surprise, but we were a sassy bunch back in those days. She was OT Green for D2, but she got a few non-OT posts off at the start of the day. This makes me ponder if Kate had an OG townslip here. I understand the tinfoil theory about baddies OT'ing their own to buy them space, but it doesn't seem like Kate was suddenly in danger of falling onto the radar in a bad way. Also, if a baddie is OT'd, I don't think that they make the mistake of rattling off a few non-OT posts like that. The rest of D2 was lost to OT Green. N2 she comes in hot and mixes it up with a few people, DH the most. Overall, there seems to be a fair amount of culture clash and adjustment for Kate. Not surprising for a deep OG player. I can see the difficulty with how different the game is now being a talking point that a baddie could exploit, but her frustration seems genuine and I still doubt that a baddie goofs up on the OT bit at the start of the day. Not a lock, but that possible townslip is more than enough for me to keep her out of the poe.

Votes: Scotty D1, DH D2
Scotty's play rubbed me the wrong way on day 1, he is a very high poster - which admittedly I am not used to. I was always a very active player but I was NEVER one to come in with a wall of text or meticulously detailed reasoning and analysis. That test post above is the first multiquote post I've ever made, ever. I do get more rattled when I'm a civ because I start to feel lost and then frustrated. But I suppose what else would I say at this point? Anyway back to Scotty, once more people came in playing the same style as he does, I realized it may be play style and I laid off.

As for the OT posts on day 2, I started posting right away without checking my PMs. I felt horrible about this and I was resolved not to call attention to it unless someone else did first, and well here we are. I feel bad that I did that and I apologize to Mr. Green OT baddie. I'm a rule follower I just forgot all about checking PMs when the days start. Just thinking aloud here, but I'm going to go back and look at who started to suggest I was bad based on the "self OT." Its possible that none of the civs were making this suggestion, as the baddies may have hoped, and started to drop ideas about that in order to get a wagon for me going. I'm going to look into this. I'll be back.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:35 pm Vamoosing for a bit to get some work done (because, like it or not, playing mafia doesn't pay the bills). Here's where my ISO's stand so far:

Towncore:
-Bea
-Eloh
-G-Man
-Kate

POE:
-DF
-DrWilgy

More to come tonight.
From your discussion of her in the last post, I would have guessed your position on Bea was "leans Town", NOT "Towncore". I did not do her second half in detail yet, will I see it there?

Dog is looking angry, lol, bbl.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SVS, it was me who said that, and it’s because:

1) bea used a consistent code to make it quite easy to understand (transfer all vowels one spot).
2) comment on things (whether by post or emoji) in a way that made me feel like they were important to her in terms of understanding the game
3) put in more effort than she could have gotten away with.

I also came in with a bea town read. I liked the way she interacted with me on day one. I’m not sure that scum bea picks me as her first civ to prod at.

I also have said that I legitimately can’t remember a time I played with bea when she was bad, so if you have meta reads about ‘bea’s scum game’, I’m not discounting them. I’m just taking her on the merits of what I’ve seen.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I’m glad to see there are posts, have a dinner and gala to attend today but will be back probably tomorrow to catch up

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”