RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 3]

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:29 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:27 pm I'd like to be done with this topic now, k?
What would you like to talk about next?
I don't know...the state of the nation? :grin:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:47 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:29 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:27 pm I'd like to be done with this topic now, k?
What would you like to talk about next?
I don't know...the state of the nation? :grin:
so much for this
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 294

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:51 am @S~V~S - re 'one of splints and mata'

If you had to pick one as wolf right now, which feels righter in your gut.
Mata. Splints is always a hard read for me. She hasn't done/said anything that made me crook my head. With Mata, it's more "lack of" than anything she's done, if that makes sense. And I know Mata has irl concerns. But but. I just feel better about Splints, she seems to be forming the right thread connections, if that makes sense. But again, she doesn't really have any tone tells, she is admirably proficient at having a very flat, steady presence in games, regardless of affiliation. But Mata is more lack of what I expect, and that's how I elimmed Bea in Game 1. Lack of rather than actual suspicious behavior.

I mainly included Neon in my GTH becasue i was not sure about Jack, but Neons own content has not set off any bells.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:09 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:44 am
Golden wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:58 pm
Dennis wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:54 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:52 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:47 pm 1) doc was obviously on dennis
2) i'm gonna play more tomorrow cause i'm still frustrated we have had v/v wagons for 2 cycles
Why is that so obvious?
Everyone who has said something about me minus Scotty has said civ. Also it would've made Lucy look really bad after we had our fight, which assuming Lucy is civ would make it obvious to her.
I will be very surprised if the kill target was not me.
Not if Lucy had anything to do with it. And I still think she did. Her vote yestetday and wanting to eliminate a low poster.

Gun to head, my call for bad team is Lucy, Soneji and one of Splints or Mata, maybe Neon.

I think Bea would have been replaced already if she were bad, and Rox has a certain tone when she’s bad, especially if someone has spoken nastily to her. Last night after Lucy called her “Fucking Roxy”, she responded pretty calmly to it. It’s a long time since we’ve played together and I could be 100% wrong since this is a tone read. But that sharp element she has when bad is missing.
This feels really random please elaborate
It is random, it's a gun to head read. If I had to blurt out who I thought was bad, this would be it. I mainly included you becasue you replaced Jack. And I was waffly on Jack. He's Dennis' twin, and Dennis came in pretty strong, and my thought was that Jack may have been reluctant to be lying and being wolfy in front of Dennis, becasue I would imagine they would read each mother pretty well, even with no Mafia experience. But your own content seemed pretty engaged and gave me no reason to think you specifically bad, if that makes sense. It was just lingering suspicion from Jack. But I just replaced someone taking suspicion (who was town) in my last game, so I realize you need to be judged as you.

So that 's why I was pretty concrete on Splints or Mata, you were a maybe.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*each other lol
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by Golden »

[VOTE: splints] aubergine

I’ve been flirting with it for a while
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:34 pm [VOTE: splints] aubergine

I’ve been flirting with it for a while
I was legitimately just about to do this as I was reading svs's posts.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:31 pm Awesome, last night I was irritated, and decided to walk away and go shopping today instead. On a Sunday, a few weeks before Christmas. On Long Island, home of entitled assholes who all have road rage. Except in December, when they have even more road rage and a pair of stuffed antlers on their grille.

And after reading back some, maybe I made the right decision. Maybe Sabi is haunting me with the ghost of saltiness and irritation past. I wouldn't blame them if they were.

@Golden yesterday you and I convinced ourselves that a civ was bad and miselimmed them. We convinced ourselves of that because we thought they were steering the thread. Please don't tell me who to suspect, and that "someone else" is going to take care of it. Maybe they're not. Maybe Bea is the cop. Maybe the cop checked only civs. I don't want to rely on the cop, I want to rely on me. Also, I almost feel like you kind of tried to shame me a bit for suspecting who I suspect. Please don't do that. You know I loathe being steered.

But I am going to take your words under advisement and not deal with that today. I want no part of hijacking this thread. So, for today, as far as I'm concerned that person doesn't exist and I'm not planning on engaging in that suspicion.

I have to catch up and also haven't looked at my notifications, just came in and skimmed the thread. Gotta get dinner started and will be back.

What's the case on Mata? Other than cagey and quiet? Or is that the case?

@bea I'll miss you, but also totally understand. The world of corporate training never sleeps :hug:
SVS

Please stop telling me I’m trying to shame you. I wasn’t the first time, I’m not the second time. I never will.

You do what you want.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:18 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:51 am @S~V~S - re 'one of splints and mata'

If you had to pick one as wolf right now, which feels righter in your gut.
Mata. Splints is always a hard read for me. She hasn't done/said anything that made me crook my head. With Mata, it's more "lack of" than anything she's done, if that makes sense. And I know Mata has irl concerns. But but. I just feel better about Splints, she seems to be forming the right thread connections, if that makes sense. But again, she doesn't really have any tone tells, she is admirably proficient at having a very flat, steady presence in games, regardless of affiliation. But Mata is more lack of what I expect, and that's how I elimmed Bea in Game 1. Lack of rather than actual suspicious behavior.

I mainly included Neon in my GTH becasue i was not sure about Jack, but Neons own content has not set off any bells.
I don't think I agree, I remember Mata as a player who starts off slow and gets more engaged once the game is rolling. Plus I know she's been pretty sick. Her posts have seemed like she's trying to help in the time she's got available.

On the other hand, splints has been more spotty and disorganized than Mata. Has she made any guesses or stated opinions? I'm going to look through her posts.

But, gun to head, as you said I'd vote splints before Mata.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:14 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:44 am Not if Lucy had anything to do with it. And I still think she did. Her vote yestetday and wanting to eliminate a low poster.
apparently town is starting to finally lynch a lowposter, what do u make of that? why is it townie now and not yesterday?
Excuse me? I am not sure what you are saying here. I found your vote for Bea suspect not so much becasue of low poster status (although I tend to find that baddies in a thread full of strong civvies ultimately always try to eliminate low posters BECAUSE they are low posters. Who else can you eliminate, really, if the civs are all vibing together? You either make aggressive cases against active civvies, or you default to low posters. It's the baddie way) as because you had a choice of two low posters, with 2 posts each, and you chose Bea, who had content up to that point, as opposed to Soneji who had zero content to that point. Then lo and behold like a little bit later, who shows up but Soneji? That was one of those things that make you go hmm.

Like I said, i find low posters as easy pickings for baddies, low lying fruit, as it were. You don't have to agree with me, but that is how I feel.

What low poster is the town lynching now?

But in any case, I am more interested in who you suspect (unless it's all low posters?)

Linki @Golden will do.

Linki @Kate I could be wrong. I don't ever recall seeing bad Mata, although i know I must have. And I said i know she has irl. I was asked a question, that was my take on it, but last I looked, I was ultra far from infallible lol. What is the case on Splints specifically? I am still replying to my @ and haven't read much of the thread, only skims.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Fingersplints] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:37 am One interesting thing in splints iso is that they ask who they should iso next, SVS offers sabi as a possibility for a fresh perspective, and splints doesn't do it.

I think SVS's choice of sabi was actually a very strong one, and her logic sound, and town splints perspective on sabi would have been valuable (and was urgent in the sense that it's too late now).

I dunno whether I think this is AI or just splints not having the time to follow through. Have to mull on that.
Right right right. I remembered "Oh yeah" ing this when you first posted it, but I forget about it.

What else, why are people voting for Splints? Is it like a default, not thinking it's Mata, or is it something Splints has done other than that ^^ ? Because i hate sending people home for no reason, and we've done enough of that this game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:31 pm The only good meta in mafia is one that constantly changes and adapts so that wolves can’t play a perfect civ game.
This ^^

Groupthink makes town more predictable, easier to end run around, and easier to trick by displaying conventional wisdom “pro town” behavior.

Just like real life, town has to constantly evolve.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:45 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:44 am Not if Lucy had anything to do with it. And I still think she did. Her vote yestetday and wanting to eliminate a low poster.
apparently town is starting to finally lynch a lowposter, what do u make of that? why is it townie now and not yesterday?
Excuse me? I am not sure what you are saying here. I found your vote for Bea suspect not so much becasue of low poster status (although I tend to find that baddies in a thread full of strong civvies ultimately always try to eliminate low posters BECAUSE they are low posters. Who else can you eliminate, really, if the civs are all vibing together? You either make aggressive cases against active civvies, or you default to low posters. It's the baddie way) as because you had a choice of two low posters, with 2 posts each, and you chose Bea, who had content up to that point, as opposed to Soneji who had zero content to that point. Then lo and behold like a little bit later, who shows up but Soneji? That was one of those things that make you go hmm.

Like I said, i find low posters as easy pickings for baddies, low lying fruit, as it were. You don't have to agree with me, but that is how I feel.

But in any case, I am more interested in who you suspect (unless it's all low posters?)

Linki @Golden will do.

Linki @Kate I could be wrong. I don't ever recall seeing bad Mata, although i know I must have. And I said i know she has irl. I was asked a question, that was my take on it, but last I looked, I was ultra far from infallible lol. What is the case on Splints specifically? I am still replying to my @ and haven't read much of the thread, only skims.
I've been mafia with Mata before and she was far more active than this. We had a 4 woman mafia team in a reywas game. The theme was like, his favorite TV characters or summat. I'm not saying she definitely civ, I'm just saying she seems more civ than splints. I just read her posts and there's nothing in there even worth quoting. Take a look and let me know what you think.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:19 pm

Linki @Golden will do.

I've been mafia with Mata before and she was far more active than this. We had a 4 woman mafia team in a reywas game. The theme was like, his favorite TV characters or summat. I'm not saying she definitely civ, I'm just saying she seems more civ than splints. I just read her posts and there's nothing in there even worth quoting. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Will do, I have to do some house stuff and finish catching up but definitely. I had good feels from her, but she is like Dom for me, she is almost a null emotionally. I don't get any emotional effect either way, she is very smooth that way, so I can't really tone read her any more than I can tone read Dom. And Dom can fool me better than anyone. If any of that makes sense.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Yes it does.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

mata's a dom?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:37 pmmata's a dom?
No Mata is matahari

Dom is Dom as in Dominick.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

i prefer my interpretation
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:47 pm i prefer my interpretation
Well I doubt Mata would.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:49 pm
Well I doubt Mata would.
maybe she is a dom, ever considered that?
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

This conversation reeks of derailing to me.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:50 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:49 pm
Well I doubt Mata would.
maybe she is a dom, ever considered that?
Why don't you stop now? Please.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

kk
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:44 am
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:39 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:36 am
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:59 am I do think it's ironic that Scotty comes out of day one like 'here's marmot's rainbow list, look one of these two people he thinks is bad is probably the killer' and a day later I'm like 'hey scotty, maybe that analysis was at least a little good'.
eh

3 schools of thought with NK analysis, that may overlap in many cases:
Either
A) the mafia is quakin in their booties about that player going down the right track
Or
B) the mafia want to doc dodge and pick a target that’s innocuous enough but not obvious town
Or
C) the mafia pick a target that don’t implicate anyone and give almost a wash on analysis

I combed through marmot’s ISO and had a lot of C, where I wanted to see a lot of A, and came up mostly B. B and C often go hand in hand.

I don’t think marmot had a lot of indictments on others. It wasn’t like he was steering the thread on any one person- and unfortunately his biggest contribution was helping pile on Wilgy. That rainbow list included you and mata as semi scum reads, which I latched onto but in the end I think it has more to do with
-he didn’t have much suspicion one way or the other
-he probably didn’t incriminate any mafia.

It was a clean kill and I don’t like kt
It's only a clean kill if mata is town
But like how would that mafia conversation go?
Mata: “oh no, marmot has mild suspicion of me. Icarus is flying too close to my sun. He needs to go”
Mafia B: “go for it, I believe in you”
Dennis: “Shouldn’t we go for someone more obvtown?”
Mata: “no Dennis, look at me, look at me; I am the captain now”

I don’t see it
Why am I in this mafia scenario?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by falcon45ca »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:55 am @falcon45ca - have you met matahari before? How did you feel about her picking you out of a lineup to provide vibes on her first two substantive posts?
No, I don't know Matahari...and that's odd for sure.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

okay ima take a break from this game for a bit
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:26 pm

Linki @Golden will do.

Will do, I have to do some house stuff and finish catching up but definitely. I had good feels from her, but she is like Dom for me, she is almost a null emotionally. I don't get any emotional effect either way, she is very smooth that way, so I can't really tone read her any more than I can tone read Dom. And Dom can fool me better than anyone. If any of that makes sense.
I just read the subsequent convo and realized I was not clear. The person I am comparing to Dominick was Splints, not Mata. Splints reads the same, tone wise, to me regardless of affiliation. So now that I think of it, a town read on her by me is pretty pointless.

I had forgotten that. Gonna go read her now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:24 pm*each other lol
One of my favourite typos in context lol
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:39 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:31 pm Awesome, last night I was irritated, and decided to walk away and go shopping today instead. On a Sunday, a few weeks before Christmas. On Long Island, home of entitled assholes who all have road rage. Except in December, when they have even more road rage and a pair of stuffed antlers on their grille.

And after reading back some, maybe I made the right decision. Maybe Sabi is haunting me with the ghost of saltiness and irritation past. I wouldn't blame them if they were.

@Golden yesterday you and I convinced ourselves that a civ was bad and miselimmed them. We convinced ourselves of that because we thought they were steering the thread. Please don't tell me who to suspect, and that "someone else" is going to take care of it. Maybe they're not. Maybe Bea is the cop. Maybe the cop checked only civs. I don't want to rely on the cop, I want to rely on me. Also, I almost feel like you kind of tried to shame me a bit for suspecting who I suspect. Please don't do that. You know I loathe being steered.

But I am going to take your words under advisement and not deal with that today. I want no part of hijacking this thread. So, for today, as far as I'm concerned that person doesn't exist and I'm not planning on engaging in that suspicion.

I have to catch up and also haven't looked at my notifications, just came in and skimmed the thread. Gotta get dinner started and will be back.

What's the case on Mata? Other than cagey and quiet? Or is that the case?

@bea I'll miss you, but also totally understand. The world of corporate training never sleeps :hug:
SVS

Please stop telling me I’m trying to shame you. I wasn’t the first time, I’m not the second time. I never will.

You do what you want.
SVS I feel like this was sharp and I apologise.

I just want you to know that regardless of town/wolf, this is not a thing I will resort to to try to pocket or steer you. I personally think there’s value in giving Lucy some space and trying to solve, I think what i was saying was logical, but it’s not a replacement for your gut read and I respect and expect you to play based on your gut and disagree with me when you disagree.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:07 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:37 am One interesting thing in splints iso is that they ask who they should iso next, SVS offers sabi as a possibility for a fresh perspective, and splints doesn't do it.

I think SVS's choice of sabi was actually a very strong one, and her logic sound, and town splints perspective on sabi would have been valuable (and was urgent in the sense that it's too late now).

I dunno whether I think this is AI or just splints not having the time to follow through. Have to mull on that.
Right right right. I remembered "Oh yeah" ing this when you first posted it, but I forget about it.

What else, why are people voting for Splints? Is it like a default, not thinking it's Mata, or is it something Splints has done other than that ^^ ? Because i hate sending people home for no reason, and we've done enough of that this game.
For me, I have a tonne of townreads in the game. I’m trying to work more out about people I don’t townread. My gut is off with splints.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My gut is still off with mata too though. And soneji. And sometimes I just think I’m comfortable in Scotty’s wool and I find a flea.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:26 pm

Linki @Golden will do.

I agree on mata (and dom)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 pm
Mine, too. It's like a Freudian slip :haha:
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:19 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:07 pm
Mine, too. It's like a Freudian slip :haha:
post 1984
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

literally 1984
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:22 pmliterally 1984
What do you mean?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

gen z humor sorry
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:31 pm gen z humor sorry
Nah, I get it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I get it like I got the enema joke :noble:

Hey neon got any new reads?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Trolling the grown ups pretty much transcends generation :derp:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Hey, stay off my lawn! :charlieblackmon:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:34 pm I get it like I got the enema joke :noble:

You tease me in the exact same way my older brother does, and always has :huh: :sigh: :haha:
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 373

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:02 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:52 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:51 pm
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:00 am Got through almost all posts in game, will be somewhat around rest of day but have a D&D session then will be watching football, so divided focus.
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:15 pm Gone back to read it again:

Kate - holy bad countertrain, wtf guys.
Sabi - Sean, golden, SVS or Lucy contains a wolf. Also, ties are bad.
Scotty = not committing, sure looks like a seanzie save to me. Rejects "SVS is obvtown" arguments.

Dennis - "with marmot dead, I'm not certain how to read the Wilgy wagon"
Seanzie - "not gonna dome sabi, that's derailing the thread, also SVS is obvitown"
SVS - Just explains her thinking

Instinct says Kate might just be caught up in that first bundle, it's not like examination of that group is bad. But it's quite central to why scotty and sabi are forefront of my mind today.

Conversely, the bottom group (people on the wilgy train) don't try to control the narrative at all.
The first group is rightly calling for accountability from the Wilgy voters, while the second has every reason to not want to rock the boat. Dennis is a newbie, what narrative is he going to try and control? Plus several players rushed to proclaim him townie for his EoD. Seanzie just narrowly escaped the noose, of course they'd avoid a thunder dome. SVS does look good from how they explained their vote, and how they wanted a tie.

I find the bolded rather amusing as controlling the narrative has been a large part of your play this game, including this post.
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:34 pm If at least one of scotty and sabi isn’t a wolf I’ll bite my hat twice.
One down, one to go. Don't see a Scotty push so far this day though, curious.
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:21 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:39 am

Dude...

Scotty: Seanzie, Who is a good alternative? Sabi? Me?

Me: You apparently already know what my answer would be.

Scotty: Seanzie won't give an alternative.

Think for a second, what did I actually say to your question?
I’ve been down this path with you before. Time is a circle jfc

When I go to the doctor for a pain in my chest, I don’t want the doctor to ask me what I think the problem is.

I offered you the chance yesterday to do some casing and alternative names, and offered a few names that I was assuming you suspected. Your response was very similar to this one.

This is how I get prescribed liver medication for my plaque psoriasis
This is my new favorite post in this game :haha:

Townie feeling frustration
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:32 am

Not gonna lie I'm still confused. Do you think Seanzie is doing things that make sense as wolf or not?
Sorry. My sarcasm was coming on strong.

It was a response to Golden not finding a single shred of evidence that Seanzie could be wolf, and I was listing legitimately wolfy things that one could stop and go “yeah, that doesn’t sound towny”

Whether or not I think he is wolf at the present? Im not sure. Leaning not? I think a lot of those could just be Seanzie. I have horrible memory and don’t remember if that is behavior he normally exhibits as town
Yeah it comes off rather disingenuous to act as if there are no valid reasons to suspect Seanzie.
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:06 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm

Yeah, I have said if one isbad its Lucy.

Marmot is flipped
I know it’s not me
Seanzie is my top town at this point
SVS is also my top town at this point. They’re fighting for it.
I feel like the Dennis vote is clean.

I’m vibing town on Lucy but there’s some little reasons for doubt.
Also let me add to this that a clean wilgy wagon developing is the wolves wet dream. I'm not sure why any of them would jump on. Having it clean creates such a good opportunity to steer direction, which is exactly why I think it happened.
Reasons are simple : in a wolf Sean world, they obviously want to save their packmate. In a town Sean world, they're hoping to off a potential threat in Wilgy while the opportunity is ripe and they can act like they didn't think it'd go over, and then hope that town wants to flip the counterwagon the next day for the 2 for 1 special.
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:12 am
Golden wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:58 pm

I will be very surprised if the kill target was not me.
By the way, my point in saying this is not 'the kill target was me'.

It's that self-perceiving that you were at risk and that the doc saved you is normal.

But I don't think the answer is obvious. Could be you, could be me, could be someone else. The doc might have saved themselves for all we know.
It's normal for a townie when they have reason to believe wolves think of them as a threat, which can be just felt as a known power town, but after being on two mislim wagons to start you'd think there would be some self-doubt that doc/wolves are prioritizing you.
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:01 pm

Why?
Approach to Seanzie feels like someone who understands day one more through wolfchat than thread to me
Would you not say that if wolfchat was guiding someone coming into d2, going after Seanzie at the time of my post would be advised against considering there were multiple people defending him and momentum wasn't towards a Seanzie elim?

Do find it amusing that anyone thinks I'm being coached in general.
Pingy ping ping pingy ping
What’s pingy about it?

I found myself nodding along with it, like I’ve seemed to do with most of Soneji’s posts this game
It has exactly one purpose:

“Don’t listen to golden, he’s miseliming civs, stuff he says is probably bad”

Most of all, ‘nah, golden, you weren’t the kill target’ well fuckity fuck fuck fuck, why even go there?

Only… come on soneji, tell me who the wolf is on the wilgy wagon?
The whole post wasn’t about you, but I hear you.

I think having a mild level of suspicion on you is healthy in general
What about having a medium level of suspicion?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:45 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:34 pm I get it like I got the enema joke :noble:

You tease me in the exact same way my older brother does, and always has :huh: :sigh: :haha:
:haha: :beer:
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 373

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

lucy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Neon wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:05 am Crashing your car is scary and I can't stop crying lol
sorry about that, i hope you feel better
❤️ I'm okay but I have to drive to work tonight and I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:52 pm [VOTE: Fingersplints] aubergine
No one pressured this. Why'd you vote splints?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:44 am
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:39 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:36 am
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:59 am I do think it's ironic that Scotty comes out of day one like 'here's marmot's rainbow list, look one of these two people he thinks is bad is probably the killer' and a day later I'm like 'hey scotty, maybe that analysis was at least a little good'.
eh

3 schools of thought with NK analysis, that may overlap in many cases:
Either
A) the mafia is quakin in their booties about that player going down the right track
Or
B) the mafia want to doc dodge and pick a target that’s innocuous enough but not obvious town
Or
C) the mafia pick a target that don’t implicate anyone and give almost a wash on analysis

I combed through marmot’s ISO and had a lot of C, where I wanted to see a lot of A, and came up mostly B. B and C often go hand in hand.

I don’t think marmot had a lot of indictments on others. It wasn’t like he was steering the thread on any one person- and unfortunately his biggest contribution was helping pile on Wilgy. That rainbow list included you and mata as semi scum reads, which I latched onto but in the end I think it has more to do with
-he didn’t have much suspicion one way or the other
-he probably didn’t incriminate any mafia.

It was a clean kill and I don’t like kt
It's only a clean kill if mata is town
But like how would that mafia conversation go?
Mata: “oh no, marmot has mild suspicion of me. Icarus is flying too close to my sun. He needs to go”
Mafia B: “go for it, I believe in you”
Dennis: “Shouldn’t we go for someone more obvtown?”
Mata: “no Dennis, look at me, look at me; I am the captain now”

I don’t see it
Why am I in this mafia scenario?
An unwilling accomplice in a story with an unreliable narrator
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:13 pm My gut is still off with mata too though. And soneji. And sometimes I just think I’m comfortable in Scotty’s wool and I find a flea.
Well I didn’t have it there before you climbed in

Not pointing any fingers[plints]
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:47 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:02 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:52 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:51 pm
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:00 am Got through almost all posts in game, will be somewhat around rest of day but have a D&D session then will be watching football, so divided focus.
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:15 pm Gone back to read it again:

Kate - holy bad countertrain, wtf guys.
Sabi - Sean, golden, SVS or Lucy contains a wolf. Also, ties are bad.
Scotty = not committing, sure looks like a seanzie save to me. Rejects "SVS is obvtown" arguments.

Dennis - "with marmot dead, I'm not certain how to read the Wilgy wagon"
Seanzie - "not gonna dome sabi, that's derailing the thread, also SVS is obvitown"
SVS - Just explains her thinking

Instinct says Kate might just be caught up in that first bundle, it's not like examination of that group is bad. But it's quite central to why scotty and sabi are forefront of my mind today.

Conversely, the bottom group (people on the wilgy train) don't try to control the narrative at all.
The first group is rightly calling for accountability from the Wilgy voters, while the second has every reason to not want to rock the boat. Dennis is a newbie, what narrative is he going to try and control? Plus several players rushed to proclaim him townie for his EoD. Seanzie just narrowly escaped the noose, of course they'd avoid a thunder dome. SVS does look good from how they explained their vote, and how they wanted a tie.

I find the bolded rather amusing as controlling the narrative has been a large part of your play this game, including this post.
Golden wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:34 pm If at least one of scotty and sabi isn’t a wolf I’ll bite my hat twice.
One down, one to go. Don't see a Scotty push so far this day though, curious.
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:21 pm
I’ve been down this path with you before. Time is a circle jfc

When I go to the doctor for a pain in my chest, I don’t want the doctor to ask me what I think the problem is.

I offered you the chance yesterday to do some casing and alternative names, and offered a few names that I was assuming you suspected. Your response was very similar to this one.

This is how I get prescribed liver medication for my plaque psoriasis
This is my new favorite post in this game :haha:

Townie feeling frustration
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Sorry. My sarcasm was coming on strong.

It was a response to Golden not finding a single shred of evidence that Seanzie could be wolf, and I was listing legitimately wolfy things that one could stop and go “yeah, that doesn’t sound towny”

Whether or not I think he is wolf at the present? Im not sure. Leaning not? I think a lot of those could just be Seanzie. I have horrible memory and don’t remember if that is behavior he normally exhibits as town
Yeah it comes off rather disingenuous to act as if there are no valid reasons to suspect Seanzie.
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Also let me add to this that a clean wilgy wagon developing is the wolves wet dream. I'm not sure why any of them would jump on. Having it clean creates such a good opportunity to steer direction, which is exactly why I think it happened.
Reasons are simple : in a wolf Sean world, they obviously want to save their packmate. In a town Sean world, they're hoping to off a potential threat in Wilgy while the opportunity is ripe and they can act like they didn't think it'd go over, and then hope that town wants to flip the counterwagon the next day for the 2 for 1 special.
Golden wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:12 am

By the way, my point in saying this is not 'the kill target was me'.

It's that self-perceiving that you were at risk and that the doc saved you is normal.

But I don't think the answer is obvious. Could be you, could be me, could be someone else. The doc might have saved themselves for all we know.
It's normal for a townie when they have reason to believe wolves think of them as a threat, which can be just felt as a known power town, but after being on two mislim wagons to start you'd think there would be some self-doubt that doc/wolves are prioritizing you.
Golden wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm

Approach to Seanzie feels like someone who understands day one more through wolfchat than thread to me
Would you not say that if wolfchat was guiding someone coming into d2, going after Seanzie at the time of my post would be advised against considering there were multiple people defending him and momentum wasn't towards a Seanzie elim?

Do find it amusing that anyone thinks I'm being coached in general.
Pingy ping ping pingy ping
What’s pingy about it?

I found myself nodding along with it, like I’ve seemed to do with most of Soneji’s posts this game
It has exactly one purpose:

“Don’t listen to golden, he’s miseliming civs, stuff he says is probably bad”

Most of all, ‘nah, golden, you weren’t the kill target’ well fuckity fuck fuck fuck, why even go there?

Only… come on soneji, tell me who the wolf is on the wilgy wagon?
The whole post wasn’t about you, but I hear you.

I think having a mild level of suspicion on you is healthy in general
What about having a medium level of suspicion?
What relevance does this question actually have to the game? Unless this is like a general question but I imagine everyone here as being pretty advanced so :shrug2:

Return to “Previous Heists”