RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 3]

Post by Golden »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:38 pm I'm 98% sure at least one wolf is on Soneji, I wouldn't be surprised if there was 2.
Why? The wolves have had their choice of many wagons today. Who do you think they’re protecting my putting possibly two wolves on it?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:39 pm
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:38 pm I'm 98% sure at least one wolf is on Soneji, I wouldn't be surprised if there was 2.
Why? The wolves have had their choice of many wagons today. Who do you think they’re protecting my putting possibly two wolves on it?
If there are wolves on ot, a very good reason for that would be that they want the civ cred for eliminating a baddie.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:39 pm
Themselves. If they go off by themselves and stack onto another person it's suspicious.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:35 pm
Soneji wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:16 am The logical assumption is that someone includes themselves among their towncore by default so it's unnecessary and potentially performative to list themselves, because either they know they're town from their rolecard, or they know they need to fake being town from their rolecard. One doesn't normally include themselves in readslist as they cannot make a read on their own alignment which is a known factor to them, and either they know they're town or need to fake it. The need for anti-town to fake being town is what subconsciously can cause them to want to project "I AM TOWN" at every opportunity, hence listing themselves in towncores/townreads lists. It is common enough for actual townies, especially from certain site cultures, to list themselves in such things so it's not a hard wolf tell, but it can be a soft tell when alongside other performative town projection examples.
Why would Soneji defend Neon with a after she got called out for adding herself in her towncore? Especially bringing into the equation of different site cultures doesn't make any sense if Soneji is wolf and Neon is town, when it seemed like (to me) that Golden was suspicious of Neon.
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 pm If you ask me a joke of a question, you're going to get a joke of an answer.
This is just shutting down conversations that were off topic.
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:00 am The first group is rightly calling for accountability from the Wilgy voters, while the second has every reason to not want to rock the boat. Dennis is a newbie, what narrative is he going to try and control? Plus several players rushed to proclaim him townie for his EoD. Seanzie just narrowly escaped the noose, of course they'd avoid a thunder dome. SVS does look good from how they explained their vote, and how they wanted a tie.
This is analysis and I like it.
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:31 am I'm still reading through parts of the thread but I want to bring forth a thought on the set-up that could certainly have an effect on wolves mindset in this game. I didn't see wolves win condition listed anywhere but assuming it's to reach vote parity, or even just killing all town, then so long as all three members are alive then they win as soon as there are only five town members left due to being able to vote silence two townies each night. At that point town can only tie elim votes, so has no path to winning. So more than normal wolves will want to ensure all members make it to endgame, and keeping the Lawyer alive is top priority as even with just one other wolf they lower the number needed for vote parity. Bussing is very unlikely, and hard defenses of packmates very likely.
I don't think a wolf would bring this up, because why explain your strategy to the entire thread?

I dunno, it's just all of their posts in general I agree with but these were a few examples. Maybe in the 3rd one I'm being convinced by them explaining I don't know what I'm doing still but other than that it's just everything. Now please answer my question.
For me, it's getting to the point where it's a numbers game. Not too far back I posted a list of the players that most townie-ish players believe to be the most likely wolf. Of those people we pared it down and the consensus ended on him.

I like your post and I can see why he appears civvie, I don't see anything overtly civ tbh other than your last point. That post does look townie talking about what could be wolf strategy but it's not unheard of. In face our host Gman did it to me in the last game regarding an OT green curse that the baddies controlled and that HE placed on me.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I like how I'm talking as if I know what I'm doing lol
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:46 pm
Soneji wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:16 am The logical assumption is that someone includes themselves among their towncore by default so it's unnecessary and potentially performative to list themselves, because either they know they're town from their rolecard, or they know they need to fake being town from their rolecard. One doesn't normally include themselves in readslist as they cannot make a read on their own alignment which is a known factor to them, and either they know they're town or need to fake it. The need for anti-town to fake being town is what subconsciously can cause them to want to project "I AM TOWN" at every opportunity, hence listing themselves in towncores/townreads lists. It is common enough for actual townies, especially from certain site cultures, to list themselves in such things so it's not a hard wolf tell, but it can be a soft tell when alongside other performative town projection examples.
Why would Soneji defend Neon with a after she got called out for adding herself in her towncore? Especially bringing into the equation of different site cultures doesn't make any sense if Soneji is wolf and Neon is town, when it seemed like (to me) that Golden was suspicious of Neon.
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 pm If you ask me a joke of a question, you're going to get a joke of an answer.
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:00 am The first group is rightly calling for accountability from the Wilgy voters, while the second has every reason to not want to rock the boat. Dennis is a newbie, what narrative is he going to try and control? Plus several players rushed to proclaim him townie for his EoD. Seanzie just narrowly escaped the noose, of course they'd avoid a thunder dome. SVS does look good from how they explained their vote, and how they wanted a tie.
Soneji wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:31 am I'm still reading through parts of the thread but I want to bring forth a thought on the set-up that could certainly have an effect on wolves mindset in this game. I didn't see wolves win condition listed anywhere but assuming it's to reach vote parity, or even just killing all town, then so long as all three members are alive then they win as soon as there are only five town members left due to being able to vote silence two townies each night. At that point town can only tie elim votes, so has no path to winning. So more than normal wolves will want to ensure all members make it to endgame, and keeping the Lawyer alive is top priority as even with just one other wolf they lower the number needed for vote parity. Bussing is very unlikely, and hard defenses of packmates very likely.
I don't think a wolf would bring this up, because why explain your strategy to the entire thread?

I dunno, it's just all of their posts in general I agree with but these were a few examples. Maybe in the 3rd one I'm being convinced by them explaining I don't know what I'm doing still but other than that it's just everything. Now please answer my question.
For me, it's getting to the point where it's a numbers game. Not too far back I posted a list of the players that most townie-ish players believe to be the most likely wolf. Of those people we pared it down and the consensus ended on him.

I like your post and I can see why he appears civvie, I don't see anything overtly civ tbh other than your last point. That post does look townie talking about what could be wolf strategy but it's not unheard of. In face our host Gman did it to me in the last game regarding an OT green curse that the baddies controlled and that HE placed on me.
That's what I was saying; it's not these posts in particular, it's more in general he feels townie. And it's not like I'm 100 percent sure, he could still be wolf. I just don't see any baddie intentions.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:53 pm

That's what I was saying; it's not these posts in particular, it's more in general he feels townie. And it's not like I'm 100 percent sure, he could still be wolf. I just don't see any baddie intentions.
Well does anyone really SEEM wolfy? That's the whole trick to being a wolf. Golden snowed the everloving hell out of me last game. Far more than I can even explain here, and I've know him for about 15 years?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:14 pm
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Well does anyone really SEEM wolfy? That's the whole trick to being a wolf. Golden snowed the everloving hell out of me last game. Far more than I can even explain here, and I've know him for about 15 years?
I'm saying there's better options, in my opinion. He feels more genuine-townie. Seanzie, or Falcon, or maybe Mata would make more sense to me.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

This thread is scarily quiet for being half an hour before EoD. And I don't think having two pretty clean people here will result in that much progress.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:18 pm This thread is scarily quiet for being half an hour before EoD. And I don't think having two pretty clean people here will result in that much progress.
The only other person I'd consider in your list is falcon.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:18 pm This thread is scarily quiet for being half an hour before EoD. And I don't think having two pretty clean people here will result in that much progress.
I agree that scares me too lol
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

hey
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:22 pmhey
Ohi
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:48 pm I like how I'm talking as if I know what I'm doing lol
this post got me very fucking suspicious of threadstate

this is dennis's first game of mafia

he has more influence than most players playing for over 10+ years or so

i find that extremely strange
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

doesn't that weird either of you out?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I was feeling cocky when I said that, I don't know if I really have that much influence. But if you're right, who do you think SHOULD have more? Like, who is someone who generally has more thread presence than me that doesn't?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:23 pm
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:48 pm I like how I'm talking as if I know what I'm doing lol

He is gifted and talented. Scores off the charts on everything he attempts. Kinda scary smart.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:26 pm He is gifted and talented. Scores off the charts on everything he attempts. Kinda scary smart.
i know, i'm no different from him, using myself as a metric and it's still never happened to me
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:26 pm

He is gifted and talented. Scores off the charts on everything he attempts. Kinda scary smart.
This is like the fourth time you've shown me off this game.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 pm I was feeling cocky when I said that, I don't know if I really have that much influence. But if you're right, who do you think SHOULD have more? Like, who is someone who generally has more thread presence than me that doesn't?
people with more experience, i'm prodigious in everything i do, including mafia. and when i play i don't get much influence because of how regularly right i am
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:27 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:26 pm He is gifted and talented. Scores off the charts on everything he attempts. Kinda scary smart.
i know, i'm no different from him, using myself as a metric and it's still never happened to me
Probably the difference is that a few people in the thread know him or know him through me. Also, he's a bit of a legacy player, as in like 2nd generation, if that were to exist in mafia.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

:grin:
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:28 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:26 pm

This is like the fourth time you've shown me off this game.
It's what moms do.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You’re doing a fine job
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:30 pm
Probably the difference is that a few people in the thread know him or know him through me. Also, he's a bit of a legacy player, as in like 2nd generation, if that were to exist in mafia.
But it's not like I'm being dragged into conversations or anything, I'm trying to start or get involved in conversations when I can. So does the question become who should be starting conversations and I've replaced that?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:30 pm
that's a solid reason, but my logic still holds, i don't like the amount of influence he has

makes me feel that he's wrong and that mafia has more thread influence than i can see
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:31 pm
You’re doing a fine job
i question this assumption

he's being treated the opposite of how i was being treated when i was new

we're both prodigious teens, i'm the most similar person to him in thread, funnily enough
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dennis determined the first elim, but I don’t think he has outsized influence.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:33 pm
You’re doing a fine job

we're both prodigious teens, i'm the most similar person to him in thread, funnily enough
I'm the most similar person to him in the thread.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:35 pm
You’re doing a fine job

that's not even true if we're speaking genetically (jack)
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 pm Dennis determined the first elim, but I don’t think he has outsized influence
i disagree, i believe he has too much influence

and i believe he's been categorically wrong and mafia has given him the influence
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:29 pm
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 pm I was feeling cocky when I said that, I don't know if I really have that much influence. But if you're right, who do you think SHOULD have more? Like, who is someone who generally has more thread presence than me that doesn't?
people with more experience, i'm prodigious in everything i do, including mafia. and when i play i don't get much influence because of how regularly right i am
I would say you have been a significant influence on my thinking this game, moreso than any other player who I didn’t know before the game except maybe Sean.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:36 pm
You’re doing a fine job

Jack and Dennis are fraternal twins and are as different as night and day.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Okay who I'm most similar to doesn't matter right now unless you wanna explain to me why it does.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 pm
You’re doing a fine job

As different as night and day?

Civ/wolf confirmed. But which one is night? :p
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Lucy what do you mean 'makes me think hes wrong'? Wrong about what?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 pm I would say you have been a significant influence on my thinking this game, moreso than any other player who I didn’t know before the game except maybe Sean.
that's good and you're probably town for reading me correctly
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

By the way Lucy pointing out how much influence I have very much could spell out my demise this night. Maybe not now that I'm pointing it out but that's the point of making this post. No kill plz :)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:38 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 pm
You’re doing a fine job

As different as night and day?

Civ/wolf confirmed. But which one is night? :p
:biggrin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 pm Dennis determined the first elim, but I don’t think he has outsized influence

and i believe he's been categorically wrong and mafia has given him the influence
This is a weird take. Dennis has been doing his own thing and hasn’t been a particularly material part of either sabi or soneji wagons forming. Who do you think he’s got an outsize influence on and to what end?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:38 pm Lucy what do you mean 'makes me think hes wrong'? Wrong about what?
everything

my first game i was shafted because i was very right and got no influence, and the following game i was very wrong and i had a lot of influence

these games were 2 years ago so it took me a second to remember, but i believe you are in the second category this game

which would make your degree of influence logica
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Golden wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:40 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 pm

This is a weird take. Dennis has been doing his own thing and hasn’t been a particularly material part of either sabi or soneji wagons forming. Who do you think he’s got an outsize influence on and to what end?
to the end of being wrong, i just had this idea and it isn't really fleshed out
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

lucy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:41 pm
Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:38 pm Lucy what do you mean 'makes me think hes wrong'? Wrong about what?
everything

my first game i was shafted because i was very right and got no influence, and the following game i was very wrong and i had a lot of influence

these games were 2 years ago so it took me a second to remember, but i believe you are in the second category this game

which would make your degree of influence logica
Why does two games from 2 years ago relate to now? Sorry if I'm coming off curt or whatever but I tend to get like this under time limits.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Dennis wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:43 pm Why does two games from 2 years ago relate to now? Sorry if I'm coming off curt or whatever but I tend to get like this under time limits.
because you're very much like me, when comparing you to me an example struck out to me, of me being very wrong and getting a disportioncate amount of influence
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

See you tomorrow, hopefully.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Golden despite showing that he's here contributed less than I would've liked for him to in this final conversation but that's neither here nor there.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My first game I was very wrong and eventually I got elimmed for it. Dennis has gotten himself in a position to not be elimmed for being wrong, but I hardly think he’s steering the thread.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Post by G-Man »

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND

A day on the town did wonders for Robbie’s disposition and his hangover as well. At first, he only meant to go out for breakfast and hit the market for more provisions. It turned into a full-on excursion.

As it turned out, Puerto Cortes was rather a lovely place. Robbie quite enjoyed it. The bustling streets and markets were lively and full of amazing smells. He wished he had paid more attention in his Spanish classes so he could be more familiar with the names of some of the food that looked drop-dead amazing. He still would have paid his tutor to take his mid-terms and finals for him though; he wasn’t about to become ambitious or anything crazy like that.

At dinner, it began to dawn on him that perhaps he had been a bit too brazen spending the whole day out in the open. He could feel the eyes watching him as he left the restaurant. As he passed, he swear he saw a few people turn to each other and whisper. Were they the CIA guys in disguise? Or perhaps just locals wondering who the handsome American fellow was. Yeah, it was more likely that they were wondering if he was the person the town seemed to be buzzing about.

At the end of the day, Robbie went back to his hotel room empty-handed but full in stomach and in heart. If it weren’t for the possibility that the Russians and a few locals were looking for him, he could see himself settling down in a place like this.

He sighed a happy sigh as he stood in his doorway, sipping his booze and taking in one last glance at the city life. Tomorrow he would go to the market for breakfast and buy supplies so he could lay low again for a while. For now, he just wanted to take in this moment.

--------------------

SONEJI HAS BEEN ELIMINATED.

HE WAS
VANILLA TOWN.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3.

NIGHT 3 WILL LAST UNTIL APPROXIMATELY 9:00 P.M. EST TOMORROW.

THE GAME THREAD WILL REMAIN LOCKED UNTIL THEN.

NIGHT POWER AND KILL TARGETS ARE DUE TO ME BY 8:00 P.M. EST TOMORROW.

AT THIS TIME, @VIVAX IS REPLACING @MATAHARI.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [NIGHT 3]

Post by G-Man »

RESIDENTURA

Robbie couldn’t help but have an extra skip in his step when he hit the town for breakfast. He had a great night sleep, and the food he ate the day before left him energized and feeling great. Surely one more day on the town wouldn’t be too much. After all, there were thousands of people in Puerto Cortes, and enough white tourists to keep the bad guys guessing.

What Robbie didn’t know was that Diego at the market had a cousin who was on the local police force. Rosa, the girl he flirted with yesterday and hopefully today as well, had a very watchful older brother who had heard some rumors from the guys he worked with at a construction site. Just yesterday, there were some Russian guys doing a walkthrough as part of the financing arrangement. They were most interested in anything that anyone might know about an American fellow milling about for no more than the last week.

Yes, Robbie felt like he was on top of the world. The problem with being on top of the world is that everyone can see you. Being visible was the last thing he was supposed to be doing, and yet there he was, walking around like one of those ‘wherever I go, there I am’ fools.

There were others around town who Robbie failed to notice were noticing him. He was too enraptured in his blissful ignorance. He would enjoy the day quite a bit, but shit was about to get very real for him.

--------------------------------

IT IS NOW DAY 4. YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO ELIMINATE SOMEONE.

AT THIS TIME, @RONDODIMBUCKLE IS REPLACING @BEA.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dennis
Loan Shark

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [DAY 4]

Post by Dennis »

Doc is carrying oh my lord. Hooray!