G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Two

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Well done Juliets :beer: And so say we all, I completely forgot ...

Im entertaining the idea that JJJ might be bad. He seems to strive to look P50, but it feels forced. Thats only tone though, I can barely remember anything he has said. Although that might be a point in itself. Im feeling good about Rico though.

What does everyone think of JJJ?
No real read on him yet for me. What's P50?
He was using a sock named Prisoner 950 in Turf Wars. He was as supertown as anyone can get, and he is nowhere as close to that here. To me, it looks like he is trying to imitate the tone and line of play he exhibited in Turf Wars, but it doesn´t look genuine imo.
These are the standards I am held to.

No, I'm definitely not playing as hard as I did in Turf Wars, where I fininished with 1,100 posts in only about 6 cycles of play. I don't have the energy to be that guy in every single game. The "imitation" you're talking about is bunk, I am imitating myself. I'm me. This is how I talk, and this is how I play. What about it strikes you as insincere?

A song for JJJ:

:daisy: :P
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Well done Juliets :beer: And so say we all, I completely forgot ...

Im entertaining the idea that JJJ might be bad. He seems to strive to look P50, but it feels forced. Thats only tone though, I can barely remember anything he has said. Although that might be a point in itself. Im feeling good about Rico though.

What does everyone think of JJJ?
No real read on him yet for me. What's P50?
He was using a sock named Prisoner 950 in Turf Wars. He was as supertown as anyone can get, and he is nowhere as close to that here. To me, it looks like he is trying to imitate the tone and line of play he exhibited in Turf Wars, but it doesn´t look genuine imo.
I'll take a look at his posts and see what I think. What flavour of supatown was he? Extra-helpful? Strong-accusational? Good-vibes-guy?
He was the person who(maybe apart from Sloonei) had an eye for the grand scheme of things. Making GTH-exercises, coming up with logical scumteam combinations, spearheading and processing the suspicions of the group and Im sure there is more.

Here he seems to want to be in the back of things, observing and commenting instead of leading. I guess it is an unfair expectation to have of you JJJ to lead in every game, but Im noting the differences and trying to see if its alignment indicative. It might be.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

indiglo wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
indiglo wrote:
juliets wrote:Send sortie to C3
Good work!

Up next at 5:49pm EST we have no one scheduled. If anyone wants to cover it, feel free to speak up.

LC, would you like to take that timeslot? If you're unavailable I will do my best to cover it if no one else volunteers.
I can do it. It's good to have a name in there. What sector again? Checkerboard pattern?
Unless someone tells me differently I'll do F4 at the next time of 5:49 PM Eastern.
Awesome! I'm happy to take the 11:49pm EST today also. I'll set a reminder on my phone if I'm not already here. Thanks G-Man

>May 8, 11:47 pm EST - ika, A1
>May 9, 5:47 5:49 am EST - ika, A3
>May 9, 11:49 am EST - indiglo, A5 LC, D5
>May 9, 5:49 pm EST - Silverwolf, A5
>May 9, 11:49 pm EST - Marmot, E3
>May 10, 5:49 am EST - SVS, B2
>May 10, 11:49 am EST - juliets, C3

May 10, 5:49 pm EST - SW, F4
May 10, 11:49 pm EST - indiglo
May 11, 5:49 am EST - Rico
May 11, 11:49 am EST - G-Man
May 11, 5:49 pm EST -
May 11, 11:49 pm EST -

A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6
B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6
C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6
D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6
E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6
I think we should try either E1 or F6 just because those are in areas of dead space that a larger ship could easily fit. IMO, it would give us a better chance of hitting something large. (If it's small, then it doesn't really matter where we hit but those areas are still the most open.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My opinion of what ika is: dead.

Moving on.
For serious. :clap:

I'm fairly sure I know who I'm voting for today already, I'm just going to wait a while before I say it to see what else they offer me in way of evidence.

FWIW, I think it's odd that the mafia would take out Ika because Ika was probably getting lynched today. Why waste a kill like that? I hate to go all WIFOM but as a mafia, I'd never, ever night kill a player who was stirring the pot and everyone was threatening to lynch the next day. Makes me think either that wasn't the mafia, it wasn't planned that way, or they just really got sick of reading the back and forth. I suppose the last option is the most likely one, but still. Something I'm tucking away for now. :ponder:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

EBWOP or B6 or F2. Just somewhere in those large gaps.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day One

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I suspect nutella.
nutella wrote:this game is confusing :/

after a quick readthrough the player who sticks out to me the most is ika I guess. Not only do I find his rife-with-ignored-typos posts difficult and obnoxious to read, I'm unsure what to think of his fierce insistence on being able to read silverwolf no matter what, and the back-and-forth with Rico has been interesting to say the least. To some extent I understand the idea that some players might not really be able to help how they behave as civ or scum (I have been guilty of it myself). But the way he's talking about it and not allowing for any possibility he could be wrong is just really setting me off.

I wouldn't say he's necessarily vote-worthy for it yet, he's just so far the only blip on my radar, and day 1 for me usually involves having no clue who to really suspect and just voting for the strongest slight ping, so something else could come up.
Her first contributory post (not related to the pre-game puzzle) was this, in which she cast suspicion upon ika for his treatment of Silverwolf. This alone isn't necessarily an issue, given that this is (I think?) her first exposure to that dynamic. The progression will be more important as I continue.

I responded to this post solely with a popcorn emoji in anticipation of the firestorm that might follow. She noticed:
nutella wrote:JJJ, why the popcorn?
And I told her why.
nutella wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
nutella wrote:JJJ, why the popcorn?
You unwittingly engaged in a discussion that has taken place in pretty much every ika/Silverwolf game here to date. To be fair, their records have mostly reflected their claims that they read one another effectively.
I don't believe I've ever played with either of them. Regardless of their history, I really dislike ika's tone. Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior, but I really don't like it and his unshakeability rubs me the wrong way.
This is the first moment that troubles me. I made her aware that her initial reception of the ika/Silverwolf dynamic was quite common for people new to it, and this was her response. She stuck to her guns in spite of their history (as she said) which strikes me as inordinately stubborn based upon what she said immediately after. If it's established as common behavior, and she is willing to concede that to me, then her unwillingness to budge, seems to me a curious thing -- particularly when "unshakeability" was how she described ika.
nutella wrote:
Matt wrote:For those of you who haven't seen the show...

Every episode starts with the intro, and during the intro there are title cards that read...

"The cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan."

After the series ended, the creators came out with a movie called "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan" which was an interquel of sorts to the show, showing us the POV of the Cylons during the first few seasons.

For some reason, 3J capitalizing PLAN makes me feel uneasy. I can totes see Golden giving the baddies a challenge "one of you must capitalize the word PLAN in one of your posts on Day one" or some such.

*sigh* Rereading this, it does look like Matt talk. :sigh:

What does everyone else think?

I could buy this. I await Jay's response.
:suspish:

You could buy that my capitalization of the word "plan" is relevant to my alignment? Matt is Matt, and you are not.
nutella wrote:Current thoughts: I find ika incredibly annoying but I don't think he's bad. I don't really see the Rico suspicion, but idk how to read him in general. He seems fine to me :shrug: Epi, on the other hand, I agree with the assessments that he is much quieter than usual and that's somewhat suspicious in my book.
Later she did move on the ika read but without saying why. She called him "incredibly annoying", which I suppose I can assume is for similar reasons to the suspicions she expressed prior. I'd like to know why she moved away from "suspicious" and toward "annoying", because the distinction is important.
nutella wrote:
ika wrote:i just check my post counts and i have like triple silvers post.
Wow, thanks so much for this valuable information that contributes so much to the game! Quantity aside, her posts are much more substantial and MUCH more coherent than yours. Also, stop being an asshole and answer Rico's question for real. Not everyone who plays mafia uses the same terminology.
Suspicious at face value. There is no reason to say this.
nutella wrote:holy shit I'm a dumbass and got distracted by RL and missed the vote. so sorry Golden I am kicking myself :( I probably would have voted for Epig anyway but I need to catch up on a shit ton
She claimed her vote would have gone to Epignosis (who had flipped cylon and for at least a moment to some people he appeared to be a confirmed baddie, this is important context). She only mentioned him once prior, in the form of a vaguely stated suspicion that she never revisited:
nutella wrote:Current thoughts: I find ika incredibly annoying but I don't think he's bad. I don't really see the Rico suspicion, but idk how to read him in general. He seems fine to me :shrug: Epi, on the other hand, I agree with the assessments that he is much quieter than usual and that's somewhat suspicious in my book.
nutella wrote:OK, caught up, what an adventure. And shame on me for posting before catching up and thereby missing another so say we all. :disappoint:
nutella wrote:God damn this is by far the most asinine mafia thread I have ever had to read. :disappoint:
Suspicious at face value. In my experience baddies are more proned to make this sort of sweeping negative comment as a way of feigning frustration without poking any specific player to incite retaliation.
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
I don't know that nutella followed her own advice here, because her immediate treatment of Epignosis post-lynch has been to call him a "confirmed baddie" and lament that we cannot lynch him again right now with the resurrection ship in play. That'd put her squarely in ika's strategic camp, but she's admonishing him (and Silverwolf) for holding tight to it.
nutella wrote:So Say We All!

RIP ika iywg. The conscription thing is intriguing :hmmm:

Suspicious at face value for the same reason "interesting" has been said to be. :p

~~~

Generally I don't think nutella has been entirely consistent in her mindset (consider that it's her mindset I'm talking about and not her reads), which suggests to me that she might be making it up as she goes. I think some of her content is just suspicious at face value, and moreover her rate of participation is right about where I'd expect most of the baddies to be in a game that has moved as fast as this one.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trying to correct that spoiler flub from the above nutella ISO:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
nutella wrote:God damn this is by far the most asinine mafia thread I have ever had to read. :disappoint:
Suspicious at face value. In my experience baddies are more proned to make this sort of sweeping negative comment as a way of feigning frustration without poking any specific player to incite retaliation.
nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Somebody tell me how in the hell I scumhunt if we are going to assume anyone is town or scum? WTF am I supposed to do in this game then?
For starters, stop shutting down the opinions of those who are used to complicated set ups. Those of us that have been playing here and on Syndicate's Cousin Sites are used to set ups in which good and bad isn't all that clear cut. This is just another variation on our normal.

To be plain, I would be absolutely shocked and disappointed if this were a simple game of civ v mafia. That simply wouldn't make sense given the description, the roles, and the general expectation of this site (with a game like this with no win conditions listed--there are certainly civ v mafia games, but they are described as such).

It's a different skill set, to be sure, to find baddies in such a game. Perhaps it could be useful if this is entirely unfamiliar to listen to those for whom this is not unfamiliar territory.
Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
I don't know that nutella followed her own advice here, because her immediate treatment of Epignosis post-lynch has been to call him a "confirmed baddie" and lament that we cannot lynch him again right now with the resurrection ship in play. That'd put her squarely in ika's strategic camp, but she's admonishing him (and Silverwolf) for holding tight to it.
nutella wrote:So Say We All!

RIP ika iywg. The conscription thing is intriguing :hmmm:
Suspicious at face value for the same reason "interesting" has been said to be. :p

~~~

Generally I don't think nutella has been entirely consistent in her mindset (consider that it's her mindset I'm talking about and not her reads), which suggests to me that she might be making it up as she goes. I think some of her content is just suspicious at face value, and moreover her rate of participation is right about where I'd expect most of the baddies to be in a game that has moved as fast as this one.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nerolunar wrote:Here he seems to want to be in the back of things, observing and commenting instead of leading. I guess it is an unfair expectation to have of you JJJ to lead in every game, but Im noting the differences and trying to see if its alignment indicative. It might be.
Leadership is something I pride myself in, and I think on Day 1 in this game I exhibited it. I probably didn't on Night 1 or so far in Day 2 because I've hardly been here -- to lead requires consistent presence. I think I have the third or fourth most posts in this game right now, so again: this is the standard. I am treated similarly to low-content posters when I have 100 posts on Day 2.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'd like to talk about 3J. He is laying traps rather than provoking honest discussion.
What traps have I laid, and how is this comment relevant to what you said otherwise in this post?
You're a puppy shooter.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:His vote for me and the post before it leads me to believe that he wanted to escape the accusation that he was avoiding the wagons (a silly accusation, that, but one that has gained increasing currency these past several months). He allowed the votes of others to dictate where he voted, and I would like to explore a scenario that has heretofore passed without discussion: That JaggedJimmyJay cast a vote to save Ricochet.
When there are leading wagons, I tend to pick one of them. This is something I have said plenty of times in past games that you've played in. People can agree or disagree with the strategy, but it is definitely nothing new. I think avoiding the primary wagons is usually just a waste of a vote, because it ensures that one's vote will have no impact upon the outcome. As the day phase progressed towards its end, the top wagons emerging were you and Ricochet.
Do you consider two or three votes a bandwagon? I don't. That's why I called out Silverwolf for saying I was fighting the leading "wagon" when it only became a "wagon" because she put a second vote on me (and, uh...it's me in the lead- hell yes I'm going to fight it).

This was no runaway train. Anyone could have come forth at any time with a fresh perspective on anybody with one or zero votes. You were present, and you are someone I would expect to provide those fresh perspectives and challenge people for their votes. Instead you bowed your head and shrugged your shoulders and declared that it's either Rico or me for Day 1, when the two of us were only leading a field of viable candidates by one or two votes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Why was I a better lynch than Ricochet?
Did I save Ricochet? I guess you could say so, sure. I thought you were more suspicious than he was, and I think that ought to have been clear given the discussions that were fielded. I spent a lot of time talking to you and talking to Silverwolf for the sole purpose of taking a side in that argument, and I took hers. Ricochet wasn't someone I had much interest in lynching at all.

There was also the bit where you asked for votes to be spared the rest of this game (and I understood why). That made my choice pretty easy.
Votes to be spared the rest of the game? What do you mean? Can you quote a post for me?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'd like to talk about 3J. He is laying traps rather than provoking honest discussion.
What traps have I laid, and how is this comment relevant to what you said otherwise in this post?
You're a puppy shooter.
Your analogy of me shooting a puppy would imply that you are a puppy -- affirmed to be innocent and vulnerable. You're not. You're a player in this game whose alignment I do not know, and who I lynched because I thought there was a valid reason to lynch you. That persists into Day 2. You're behaving like you're a confirmed townie, or whatever the equivalent of a townie is in this game.
Epignosis wrote:Do you consider two or three votes a bandwagon? I don't. That's why I called out Silverwolf for saying I was fighting the leading "wagon" when it only became a "wagon" because she put a second vote on me (and, uh...it's me in the lead- hell yes I'm going to fight it).

This was no runaway train. Anyone could have come forth at any time with a fresh perspective on anybody with one or zero votes. You were present, and you are someone I would expect to provide those fresh perspectives and challenge people for their votes. Instead you bowed your head and shrugged your shoulders and declared that it's either Rico or me for Day 1, when the two of us were only leading a field of viable candidates by one or two votes.
Fresh perspectives don't come with 25-40 minutes left in a day phase when the vast majority of votes that would be placed had already been placed. You're talking about how I might behave in a scenario where votes can be changed. The entire concept of an EOD is very different when votes cannot be changed, and my own voting behavior is different too. Leading bandwagons can indeed smaller in this kind of game, because when the votes are spread so much as they were on Day 1 -- there aren't terribly many left in the field to be placed. I don't know who is present to place a vote, who will miss a vote, or any of that. I see two candidates who are absolutely the most likely to be lynched under those circumstances, and I pick one.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Why was I a better lynch than Ricochet?
Did I save Ricochet? I guess you could say so, sure. I thought you were more suspicious than he was, and I think that ought to have been clear given the discussions that were fielded. I spent a lot of time talking to you and talking to Silverwolf for the sole purpose of taking a side in that argument, and I took hers. Ricochet wasn't someone I had much interest in lynching at all.

There was also the bit where you asked for votes to be spared the rest of this game (and I understood why). That made my choice pretty easy.
Votes to be spared the rest of the game? What do you mean? Can you quote a post for me?[/quote]

I'm talking about this and the mess leading to it:
Epignosis wrote:Please vote for me. I do not want to be in the game anymore.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Sunday 11:13 PM
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:VOTE EPIGNOSIS

I think he'd be a better lynch than Ricochet, and it might just be for the best under the circumstances anyway. I really hate the way this EOD has worked out.
His vote 4 minutes later, 11:17 PM
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Sunday 11:13 PM
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:VOTE EPIGNOSIS

I think he'd be a better lynch than Ricochet, and it might just be for the best under the circumstances anyway. I really hate the way this EOD has worked out.
His vote 4 minutes later, 11:17 PM
Oh, I see. The syntax of that sentence was ambiguous. I thought he was saying I wanted the votes themselves to be spared. :p
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Here he seems to want to be in the back of things, observing and commenting instead of leading. I guess it is an unfair expectation to have of you JJJ to lead in every game, but Im noting the differences and trying to see if its alignment indicative. It might be.
Leadership is something I pride myself in, and I think on Day 1 in this game I exhibited it. I probably didn't on Night 1 or so far in Day 2 because I've hardly been here -- to lead requires consistent presence. I think I have the third or fourth most posts in this game right now, so again: this is the standard. I am treated similarly to low-content posters when I have 100 posts on Day 2.
Oh well, If you say so. I must admit that your recent case of Nutella reminded you more of p50. Im not sure how I feel about you at the moment, but I will have to think about it for a while I think.

My suspicion of Inawordyes still lingers, and probably will too when he gets replaced. @Golden any luck?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

When Epi was then lynched & revealed, in retrospect, I thought that maybe he WANTED to be lynched becasue he knew he would come back & be revealed a friendly Cylon :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nerolunar wrote:Oh well, If you say so. I must admit that your recent case of Nutella reminded you more of p50. Im not sure how I feel about you at the moment, but I will have to think about it for a while I think.

My suspicion of Inawordyes still lingers, and probably will too when he gets replaced. @Golden any luck?
You see? All I have to do is make a big post filled with words and spoiler bars. :p

Do you find anything I said about nutella to be agreeable? I'm also willing to call Inawordyes a suspect merely because inactivity was shown to be within his baddie repertoire in the scrimmage. It's hard to have much confidence in that though without any actual content to judge.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:When Epi was then lynched & revealed, in retrospect, I thought that maybe he WANTED to be lynched becasue he knew he would come back & be revealed a friendly Cylon :shrug:
Is that to imply that you think Epi wanted to self-reveal as a good guy or as the appearance of a good guy?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:When Epi was then lynched & revealed, in retrospect, I thought that maybe he WANTED to be lynched becasue he knew he would come back & be revealed a friendly Cylon :shrug:
As of this point in time I believe Epi to be a town friendly cylon. I'm having difficulty with suspicions though. Nobody is standing out. I'm going to read nutella to see if I can buy JJJ's case. Besides JJJ with nutella has anyone else got a strong feeling about anyone? (OA I saw your suspicion of LC and someone else - I'm going into your posts to refresh myself on the "why" of your suspicions.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey Golden, who performed the nightkill?
Is that a play by Stephen Sondheim? Perhaps you should ask Dom, he's more familiar with theatre.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Is that to imply that you think Epi wanted to self-reveal as a good guy or as the appearance of a good guy?
I wasn't sure. His reaction to being rezzed 15 minutes after asking to be lynched was:
Epignosis wrote:Did the post actually say So say we all?

I'm not sure.
at 11:28

then
Epignosis wrote:I'm in it for the long haul. If you want to lynch me Day 2 is up to you.
at 11:29.

At that stage I thought he was a rezzed cylon baddie, and then the show lore people stepped in to explain the character.

So I went from one (bad) to the other extreme (potentially good) but still kind of thought he knew he was coming back. For someone who was just asking to be lynched 15 minutes ago, his reaction to living was not what I expected. With everything else I doubt there is a Seemer, so I am thinking he is actually not bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I can assure you that wasn't the case. I was initially indignant about taking votes for the "reasons" ( :rolleyes: ) I was taking them, and then later I was bowing out. I had no expectation of returning.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:I'm having difficulty with suspicions though. Nobody is standing out.
I believe you. I haven't found much grounding in this game yet and it's been difficult to identify content that might actually bear some indication of alignment. I feel like I'm swimming in neutrality, which is striking given the emotional charge this game has seen at points.

If I get the opportunity I hope to just start churning out some ISOs if even just to figure out who warrants more focus.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship in square B2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship in square B2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.
:omg:

"A" resurrection ship? Are there more? Does the search go on? :ponder:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:Host, will we know that the kill rebounded? Or will it just look like a kill on the new target was intended?
It won't be publicly apparent.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Back from the TV interview (which felt like shit, but my peeps at home said it went well), gonna eat (it's only past 10:30pm) and then catchup.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

*salutes Hot Dog and Kat*

Way to be, nuggets!!
Image Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

juliets wrote:
As of this point in time I believe Epi to be a town friendly cylon. I'm having difficulty with suspicions though. Nobody is standing out. I'm going to read nutella to see if I can buy JJJ's case. Besides JJJ with nutella has anyone else got a strong feeling about anyone? (OA I saw your suspicion of LC and someone else - I'm going into your posts to refresh myself on the "why" of your suspicions.)
I'm leaving my current suspicion in my pocket until much closer to the vote. Want to gather more evidence before I present my case.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ok understood. Does that mean you have dropped your past suspicions or would you rather not say?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

ObscureAllure wrote:
juliets wrote:
I'm leaving my current suspicion in my pocket until much closer to the vote. Want to gather more evidence before I present my case.
That's odd.

1. If you present at least a little bit of your case now, perhaps others will agree and you can help convince town to lynch whomever you think is scum.

2. That's a bit unfair to your suss, yes? Not giving them any time for rebuttal?

As of who I'm looking at, I dunno. I admit I've been knee deep thinking about the mechanics of this game, and I was ready to pull the trigger on Ika today before he was destroyed over night.

Rico, Indi, Long Con (I keep referring to these three, but if anyone else knows the lore of the show, speak up and I'll include you in these little questions as well) - Do you think it's possible that Boomer's role power could include appearing as Athena upon death? I want want want to believe Epi is Athena and civ, but I know in the show, both Boomer and Athena pretended to be the other at different points, so I'm not ruling this out as a possibility.
Image Image Image Image
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:You have found and destroyed a resurrection ship in square B2. Hot Dog and Kat have returned alive.

Yeah, Golden's wording leads me to believe that one resurrection was destroyed. Does this mean there is more than one? Do I still need to have him search when my time comes up today or is this it?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Silverwolf wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Yeah, Golden's wording leads me to believe that one resurrection was destroyed. Does this mean there is more than one? Do I still need to have him search when my time comes up today or is this it?
I'm sure there is more, or Golden would've officially said the event was over.

What we want to get, and hopefully we will, is the HUB. I believe destroying that will destroy all Rezz ships.
Image Image Image Image
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

OK, thanks Matt. I'll go with that then and give my number out at my assigned time.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

So say we all! Well done guys :beer:

I think your case on nutella is agreeable, JJJ, but not that strong. I mean, inconsistency is a fair reason to lynch someone day 1 or 2 imo, but I could also interpret nutella as being a confused civ. We are all struggling to gather reads it seems, and some people are more vocal about their confusion through either stating it like Juliets just did, or through their actions such as Nutella. But I guess we will only know if we lynch said person. Im not opposed to it though, its a good shot compared to any other submissions so far.
ImageImage

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nero, do you still think "something is off" with SVS?

Also, speaking of SVS, was that her who named "B2" or was that someone else? Either way, good job!
Image Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Matt wrote:Nero, do you still think "something is off" with SVS?

Also, speaking of SVS, was that her who named "B2" or was that someone else? Either way, good job!
Not really, actually. I think that maybe she just had an awkward start or something.
ImageImage

Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Good job, folks!

@Golden: is there a Resurrection Hub too or are we only searching for Resurrection Ships for now?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Yep, it was SVS.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yay!! Also yay that Hot Dog & Kat returned alive :cloud9:

And yeah, "A" ship, plus like someone said, the event would have ended.

@Nero,I kinda did get a rough start. But so did a lot of people with the Holiday weekend. I think I am getting my feet back under me.

Right now I am still looking at G Man who is amusing but not saying too much. Also plan on rereading Nutella in wake of JJJs case. Hoping to hear more from Glorfindel & Faraday, too.
Epignosis wrote:
I can assure you that wasn't the case. I was initially indignant about taking votes for the "reasons" ( :rolleyes: ) I was taking them, and then later I was bowing out. I had no expectation of returning.
OK, cool. It just struck me at the time, so when I saw JJJ say that about you wanting to take votes I knew just what he meant. Also keep in mind that this impression came at a time when I assumed all cylons were bad. Up to thatvpoint, people were calling people "toasters"; no one had said there might be GOOD toasters.

You just seemed so upset over the direction the conversation was going, and then 15 minutes later, you were "meh". But everyone who knows the canon says you are a good toaster.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks, but I just took the assigned square.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:

Thanks, but I just took the assigned square.
Don't be modest. You lead our brave viper pilots into cylon territory and blew those muthas up!!

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeerp
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.

As for JJJ... I didn't read his posts like I said I would. I got caught up in posting other things, and then I ran out of Mafia time for a bit. I did read his case on nutella, and I want to point out one bit that I think isn't quite right:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Later she did move on the ika read but without saying why.
But she did say why:
nutella wrote:Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior...
She called him "incredibly annoying", which I suppose I can assume is for similar reasons to the suspicions she expressed prior. I'd like to know why she moved away from "suspicious" and toward "annoying", because the distinction is important.
But it always seemed like she found him more annoying than suspicious, when I read it:
nutella wrote:I don't believe I've ever played with either of them. Regardless of their history, I really dislike ika's tone. Maybe it's not much basis for suspicion, especially now I'm aware it's common behavior, but I really don't like it and his unshakeability rubs me the wrong way.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Was this Drumbeats original pattern?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Was this Drumbeats original pattern?
His original idea was to skip all of the even numbers, which I wasn't a fan of.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

No. I'm stoopid.

That's not how it was at all. Gaawd, why didn't anyone correct me when I said that a few days ago?

Drumbeats original pattern did in fact, include B2.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:

Absolutely. Until we are sure we killed a Cylon and no rez happened, at the very least. Or a Host announcement saying we got them all or the contest has ended.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
Ugh.

Knowing you're a fan of the show, I have to believe that your win con involves destroying all Cylons because otherwise you make no sense. I'm not asking for you to confirm or deny, re: Golden's announcement about win cons, just stating what I think has to be the case.

For any civs out there that don't need all cylons dead, don't listen to Long Con k thanks.
Image Image Image Image
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Looking over JJJ's case and nutella's ISO, she said she usually votes on D1 whoever pings, even if it isn't much of a ping but said ika wasn't vote worth yet, sound like she would go there if nothing better came along:
nutella wrote:this game is confusing :/

after a quick readthrough the player who sticks out to me the most is ika I guess. Not only do I find his rife-with-ignored-typos posts difficult and obnoxious to read, I'm unsure what to think of his fierce insistence on being able to read silverwolf no matter what, and the back-and-forth with Rico has been interesting to say the least. To some extent I understand the idea that some players might not really be able to help how they behave as civ or scum (I have been guilty of it myself). But the way he's talking about it and not allowing for any possibility he could be wrong is just really setting me off.

I wouldn't say he's necessarily vote-worthy for it yet, he's just so far the only blip on my radar, and day 1 for me usually involves having no clue who to really suspect and just voting for the strongest slight ping, so something else could come up.
Later she said she finds him annoying but not bad. At first this pinged me a lot until I realized her read progression isn't that far off base from what she was saying and it wasn't as murky as I thought.

I did find these two posts off:
nutella wrote:OK, caught up, what an adventure. And shame on me for posting before catching up and thereby missing another so say we all. :disappoint:

This resurrection ship thing is pretty unfortunate, we have an outed baddie who we can't kill yet :/ I hope we can find and destroy the ship soon, but if not it might admittedly be a waste to try to lynch Epi again right away. But if we can't kill him maybe we can get some info out of him :shrug:
nutella wrote: Yes, this. We have had numerous games that were not simply black and white "town" versus "scum" because honestly that gets really boring after a while. SW, ika, this may be new for you but try to keep an open mind about what a mafia game can look like and how complex the alignment system can get, and also maybe pay some attention to those who have show-lore-knowledge that might help understand such complexity for this particular game. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but show some flexibility and open-mindedness because that is how we play here. You are welcome to your opinions but please don't be rude about them or try to shove them down people's throats.
OK, So she accepts that Epi is a baddie due to flipping cylon until the conversation ensues about Epi being a good cylon. Suddently, I get this paragraph about it not being black and white. If that's the case, why even say Epi is bad in the first place. This doesn't make much sense. It's like nutella was jumping on the popular choice until it wasn't and then she went with whatever the other popular opinion was at the time.

So this pings me enough plus nutella's overall lack of quality posting and her changing view on ika-again going with the flow-to give her a scumread for the under the radar, playing it safe play. If nothing better comes up, this is likely where I will vote today.

FoS nutella
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:Sweet. Epi, I don't think I would be able to get a voting majority on you today, but I will watch you die, and there will be no Rezz Ship to bring you back next time. Sorry to all the Athena fanboys out there, but the only good Cylon is a dead Cylon.
Ugh.

Knowing you're a fan of the show, I have to believe that your win con involves destroying all Cylons because otherwise you make no sense. I'm not asking for you to confirm or deny, re: Golden's announcement about win cons, just stating what I think has to be the case.

For any civs out there that don't need all cylons dead, don't listen to Long Con k thanks.
Win, lose, con, I don't really care, man. Cylons killed everyone I love when they destroyed the Colonies, and I won't rest until they're all dead. :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I want to hear what nutella has to say about JJJ's and others points before I make up my mind.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:I want to hear what nutella has to say about JJJ's and others points before I make up my mind.
In the meantime, who you lookin' at?

What are you thoughts on the following players...

SVS?

Polo?

Drumbeats?

OA?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ugh.

Win, lose, con, I don't really care, man. Cylons killed everyone I love when they destroyed the Colonies, and I won't rest until they're all dead. :noble:
:hug:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”