Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Dom »

I don't feel the need to address Mac as long as he's acting like this.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:48 pm Jackofhearts2005, sig why are you voting for me?
sig can't post
feel free to respond to his case though
Ok thank you.

@sig it's true that I profile likely so I can see why you'd think that. Even if you weren't suspecting me I would probably silence you if I had that role because it feels like tradition for me to use irritating roles on you. But unfortunately your logic beyond it being on point for meta doesn't hold up. I didn't read a single post during the night. I didn't even know you were suspecting me during the previous phase until I just read your post when Sloonei linked it, or at least I don't remember it. And my content/tone isn't a scum indicative thing for me.

Be mindful of the fact that I think there are quite a few people who would silence you night 1 who aren't me also. I'm sorry but you're barking up the wrong tree. I think you should probably apply the same logic when considering others though.
Earlier I pointed out that Radishes responded to a case in a similar manner to this. "I see why you think that, but let me rearrange some words for ya!"
Mac, why did you choose to address sig from the perspective of whether or not you could/would have silenced him today? Why do you think sig was targeted by that role? And who do you think we should lynch today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: juliets] aubergine to open things up a bit
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Oompa loompa doompadee don,
Some things I can’t put my finger on.
Oompa loompa doompadee dee,
Here are some folks who seem off to me.

Jay posts a lot, yes this style’s a given,
But something about him feels agenda-driven.
Sloonei’s sus of me felt hollow at best;
Auto-distrust for Dom and S~V~S.

I need to read the poll leaders.

Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
I’m keeping up better on Day 2.
Trying to gauge whose posts feel false
Before momentum waivers and stalls.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:49 pm If anyone has a specific request, “what do you think of these specific posts” I can handle those right now
Do you think Nanook got a mafia role as the one that was left out?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have no idea about Sprit's meta. He posts loose and all over the place with hard stances without reasoning. I'm not a fan. Is this his meta or something?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Where'd my wagon go :puppy:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:48 pm Jackofhearts2005, sig why are you voting for me?
sig can't post
feel free to respond to his case though
Ok thank you.

@sig it's true that I profile likely so I can see why you'd think that. Even if you weren't suspecting me I would probably silence you if I had that role because it feels like tradition for me to use irritating roles on you. But unfortunately your logic beyond it being on point for meta doesn't hold up. I didn't read a single post during the night. I didn't even know you were suspecting me during the previous phase until I just read your post when Sloonei linked it, or at least I don't remember it. And my content/tone isn't a scum indicative thing for me.

Be mindful of the fact that I think there are quite a few people who would silence you night 1 who aren't me also. I'm sorry but you're barking up the wrong tree. I think you should probably apply the same logic when considering others though.
Earlier I pointed out that Radishes responded to a case in a similar manner to this. "I see why you think that, but let me rearrange some words for ya!"
Mac, why did you choose to address sig from the perspective of whether or not you could/would have silenced him today? Why do you think sig was targeted by that role? And who do you think we should lynch today?
Because he was silenced and is accusing me of it
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]Sig[/mention] Your read on me is the lamest thing I've seen in a long time. I have no idea what's in your head on that. As for your other reads I trust my own (to the extent I even have them) more than yours. Sorry not sorry.
/I hate silencing powers. Worst mechanic ever.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I might be a little bit drunk. But I can write without too many typos. I'm proud.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:59 pm Fine, I'll do a quick reads list before I go.

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
juliets
Michelle
nutella
S~V~S

Sloonei
tedxtr
TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
Tranq
Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
Dom
Dragomir

G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
MacDougall
Master Radishes
NANOOK
sabie12
sig
speedchuck
You're a funny dude. :beer:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:26 pmYou say you feel very sure about me so I have to assume you've seen some strong evidence. What is it?
:ponder:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:26 pmYou say you feel very sure about me so I have to assume you've seen some strong evidence. What is it?
:ponder:
whatchu thinking about?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm I mentioned earlier that there were a few moments that made me question juliets. Here they are:
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

You have not made much of an impression on me either way, you have not said much if anything on topic, but this post tells me you certainly are aggressive, and I like that.

So tell me, now that you are posting on topic, what about my posts make you think I'm bad?

Linki @Sloonei i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.
Okay, one more serious-sorta post then I'm going to bed.

Your posts sound like they could have been written by a baddie. E.g. over-explaining thoughts, suggesting what scum are going to try to do as a result of mechanics x, trying to list nearly everyone (even those that haven't checked in)...all traits I see scum do/do myself when scum.

So you go in my pink pile. It's too early to have proper red reads but your posts have, twice now, pinged me.
This is the most significant post in Radish’s ISO and it strikes me as the kind of opportunistic Day 0/1 suspicion that mafia could latch onto. Granted, everyone is new to Radishes here so it’s understandable that he’d lack strong reads early on (it’s not even Day 1 yet), but I don’t see him being much of an assertive presence in here so far. I’d think he’d want to lay the ground work to produce reads, at least.
Sloonei, I don't agree with him about S~V~S but if this is not laying the ground work to produce reads what is? I don't understand what you are expecting from him. Can you explain it a little more?
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:46 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 pm Sloonei, I don't agree with him about S~V~S but if this is not laying the ground work to produce reads what is? I don't understand what you are expecting from him. Can you explain it a little more?
I’m saying this is the extent of his reads, and it’s not very inspiring.
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree that it's necessary for everyone to have a lot of reads this early but I understand your point.
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:10 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree that it's necessary for everyone to have a lot of reads this early but I understand your point.
I certainly would not say that that's the case either. My point is that I have no reason to read Radishes as town. I picked out the most substantial post I could find in his ISO, and there was nothing in it that would be impossible for an evil radish to say or do.
Oh ok, I misinterpreted what you said. Thanks for clarifying, makes sense to me.
First up is this exchange about my early read on Radishes, in which juliets misinterpreted/misrepresented the nature of my read twice. It took us three tries to get on the same page, and that's not something I'm used to experiencing with juliets. I'm not necessarily saying we always see eye to eye, but her first two cracks at my read are both off the mark in a direction that I would not expect from her. The next occurrence was somewhat similar, though not as jarring.
This second one would probably not have registered at all were it not for the similarities to the first episode, likewise the first one probably would not seem so glaring if it was not repeated again later:
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I had not said this at the time, though I had said something in the area (and since this question I've dug my heels in a bit more on Colin, so I'm not sure I'd even object to this suggestion). But this marks a second instance in which juliets extrapolated something from my posts that was not there. At this stage, I had mentioned (once, maybe twice) my track record of mislynching Colin as a caution to those who were beginning to suspect him. I was making an effort to refrain from linking his present behavior to past games because I had not looked at his activity in this game closely, so it would have been bogus of me to make any claims like that here. It was noticeable, then, when juliets asked me to explain a read which I'd be consciously avoiding.

Another point I noticed when I was digging for these posts:
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 pm Ok I reviewed Sloonei's post about Master Radishes' "tell me who to ISO" post and JJJ's case post. I started writing this big response but halfway through it occurred to me that I'm really not going to change anyone's mind about MR and I seem to be an outlier in terms of thinking he is town. I look at a post of his and see one thing and others look at it and see something entirely different. So the problem seems to be me.

It has started to remind me of the way I viewed Elephant in Inception. Most of my little surface team came to think he was bad and I was adamant that he was town. I couldn't have been any more sure and thought I knew his role. I ended up dying on that hill because he eventually got lynched and sure enough he was bad.

So maybe that's happening here. I look at MR's comments about Sloonei and understand where he's coming from since he doesn't know Sloonei's meta topped off by the fact Sloonei hasn't been himself because he's sick. JJJ who I respect and am reading town sees his comments about Sloonei and labels them "everywhere and nowhere". That's just one example of what is happening.

So I'll leave it at this: I still don't see MR as bad. I've looked at the points Sloonei and JJJ have made and don't see the same thing they are seeing (I do understand that saying "tell me who to ISO" looks bad but I've done that when I'm too busy and time is short). I'm moving on to spend time on others that I have queasy feelings about so I can hopefully develop some hard mafia reads.
juliets struggles to give a read on Radishes. She explains how she's gone through the process of reading the cases against him, and then makes the point of comparing this situation to a past game where she misread a scum player (Elephant in Inception) as town for the entire game, indicating that she is the problem herself, which would also seem to indicate a commitment of sorts to a negative read on Radishes here and now. But she ends with a town read on him, and casts further doubt about one of my central points against him. I find this progression mildly suspicious, and I also could see it as a potential teammate partnership in the event that one or the other of these two flips bad.
I misunderstood what you were saying. That's it. There is no "misrepresenting" and I resent that you threw that word in there tagged to "misunderstanding" to try and make it looked like what I was doing was intentionally bad either way. I clarified, thought I understood, you corrected me and I thanked you. I don't know how you could read anything malicious into that. What do you think I was trying to do? What was my point in trying to make it look like you said something you didn't? In other words, what was my scum motivation?

I never struggled to give a read on Radishes. I did a whole ISO where I argued he was town. The whole post you are quoting was me saying "I'm not going to belabor the point anymore but my opinion of his behavior is he is town, period." I brought up the Elephant example because I acknowledge the failing of believing he was town when he wasn't. Could that be happening here? It could, but I have tried to see the baddie in him and can't. Maybe I didn't express that well but that was my point.

I'll be honest Sloonei, I haven't had the best feeling about you this game but can't put my finger on why. I'm not angry or upset that you suspect me but that whole thing you did with the word "misrepresenting" furthers that icky feeling I have about you. Maybe we just need to dialogue more.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm Of the present multi-vote wagons (Colin, Mac, Radish) I think Radish is the best lynch.
The good thing about lynching Radish is info as well. I think it's likely he's scum. The wagons being Nut/Radish could provide info (but I guess especially if he's scum. If he's town, it just reveals scum wouldn't give a shit among them)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm I mentioned earlier that there were a few moments that made me question juliets. Here they are:
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

You have not made much of an impression on me either way, you have not said much if anything on topic, but this post tells me you certainly are aggressive, and I like that.

So tell me, now that you are posting on topic, what about my posts make you think I'm bad?

Linki @Sloonei i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.

Your posts sound like they could have been written by a baddie. E.g. over-explaining thoughts, suggesting what scum are going to try to do as a result of mechanics x, trying to list nearly everyone (even those that haven't checked in)...all traits I see scum do/do myself when scum.

So you go in my pink pile. It's too early to have proper red reads but your posts have, twice now, pinged me.
This is the most significant post in Radish’s ISO and it strikes me as the kind of opportunistic Day 0/1 suspicion that mafia could latch onto. Granted, everyone is new to Radishes here so it’s understandable that he’d lack strong reads early on (it’s not even Day 1 yet), but I don’t see him being much of an assertive presence in here so far. I’d think he’d want to lay the ground work to produce reads, at least.
Sloonei, I don't agree with him about S~V~S but if this is not laying the ground work to produce reads what is? I don't understand what you are expecting from him. Can you explain it a little more?
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 pm Sloonei, I don't agree with him about S~V~S but if this is not laying the ground work to produce reads what is? I don't understand what you are expecting from him. Can you explain it a little more?
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree that it's necessary for everyone to have a lot of reads this early but I understand your point.
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree that it's necessary for everyone to have a lot of reads this early but I understand your point.
I certainly would not say that that's the case either. My point is that I have no reason to read Radishes as town. I picked out the most substantial post I could find in his ISO, and there was nothing in it that would be impossible for an evil radish to say or do.
Oh ok, I misinterpreted what you said. Thanks for clarifying, makes sense to me.
First up is this exchange about my early read on Radishes, in which juliets misinterpreted/misrepresented the nature of my read twice. It took us three tries to get on the same page, and that's not something I'm used to experiencing with juliets. I'm not necessarily saying we always see eye to eye, but her first two cracks at my read are both off the mark in a direction that I would not expect from her. The next occurrence was somewhat similar, though not as jarring.
This second one would probably not have registered at all were it not for the similarities to the first episode, likewise the first one probably would not seem so glaring if it was not repeated again later:
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I had not said this at the time, though I had said something in the area (and since this question I've dug my heels in a bit more on Colin, so I'm not sure I'd even object to this suggestion). But this marks a second instance in which juliets extrapolated something from my posts that was not there. At this stage, I had mentioned (once, maybe twice) my track record of mislynching Colin as a caution to those who were beginning to suspect him. I was making an effort to refrain from linking his present behavior to past games because I had not looked at his activity in this game closely, so it would have been bogus of me to make any claims like that here. It was noticeable, then, when juliets asked me to explain a read which I'd be consciously avoiding.

juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 pm Ok I reviewed Sloonei's post about Master Radishes' "tell me who to ISO" post and JJJ's case post. I started writing this big response but halfway through it occurred to me that I'm really not going to change anyone's mind about MR and I seem to be an outlier in terms of thinking he is town. I look at a post of his and see one thing and others look at it and see something entirely different. So the problem seems to be me.

It has started to remind me of the way I viewed Elephant in Inception. Most of my little surface team came to think he was bad and I was adamant that he was town. I couldn't have been any more sure and thought I knew his role. I ended up dying on that hill because he eventually got lynched and sure enough he was bad.

So maybe that's happening here. I look at MR's comments about Sloonei and understand where he's coming from since he doesn't know Sloonei's meta topped off by the fact Sloonei hasn't been himself because he's sick. JJJ who I respect and am reading town sees his comments about Sloonei and labels them "everywhere and nowhere". That's just one example of what is happening.

So I'll leave it at this: I still don't see MR as bad. I've looked at the points Sloonei and JJJ have made and don't see the same thing they are seeing (I do understand that saying "tell me who to ISO" looks bad but I've done that when I'm too busy and time is short). I'm moving on to spend time on others that I have queasy feelings about so I can hopefully develop some hard mafia reads.
juliets struggles to give a read on Radishes. She explains how she's gone through the process of reading the cases against him, and then makes the point of comparing this situation to a past game where she misread a scum player (Elephant in Inception) as town for the entire game, indicating that she is the problem herself, which would also seem to indicate a commitment of sorts to a negative read on Radishes here and now. But she ends with a town read on him, and casts further doubt about one of my central points against him. I find this progression mildly suspicious, and I also could see it as a potential teammate partnership in the event that one or the other of these two flips bad.
I misunderstood what you were saying. That's it. There is no "misrepresenting" and I resent that you threw that word in there tagged to "misunderstanding" to try and make it looked like what I was doing was intentionally bad either way. I clarified, thought I understood, you corrected me and I thanked you. I don't know how you could read anything malicious into that. What do you think I was trying to do? What was my point in trying to make it look like you said something you didn't? In other words, what was my scum motivation?

I never struggled to give a read on Radishes. I did a whole ISO where I argued he was town. The whole post you are quoting was me saying "I'm not going to belabor the point anymore but my opinion of his behavior is he is town, period." I brought up the Elephant example because I acknowledge the failing of believing he was town when he wasn't. Could that be happening here? It could, but I have tried to see the baddie in him and can't. Maybe I didn't express that well but that was my point.

I'll be honest Sloonei, I haven't had the best feeling about you this game but can't put my finger on why. I'm not angry or upset that you suspect me but that whole thing you did with the word "misrepresenting" furthers that icky feeling I have about you. Maybe we just need to dialogue more.
I did not mean to suggest that you were necessarily misrepresenting my words intentionally, though that possibility had occurred to me and I did not want to dismiss it outright. But it's not a pivotal part of my concerns here. I don't even know if this constitutes an accusation: I simply noticed a similar thing happening on two separate occasions with you. I'm not used to this from you, so it was noteworthy. Maybe it's purely coincidence. Maybe the confusion is on my end. But it's a thing that I observed and I didn't want to sit on that. My vote is on you for the sake of discussion more than anything else, for the record. If the day was ending right now, I don't think I'd want to vote for you.

I apologize if I've upset you at all with this. Let's start that dialogue. Tell me where else you've had not great feelings about me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:28 pmwhatchu thinking about?
Possibly guilty mind?
You know what, I don't fucking know. I just want people to flip at this point. This is a mess and I'm arguing back and forth on about everyone. Unhelpful, but like.. yeah. Probably better chances at hitting scum in the coasters. Whoever that would be. Words.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Guys I know it's pretty well documented, but can some radish hawks just summarize the suspicion in like... one sentence or so?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 pm Guys I know it's pretty well documented, but can some radish hawks just summarize the suspicion in like... one sentence or so?
Underwhelming. Passive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:30 pm Tbh I’m getting heated by the notion that I didn’t read the thread when I spent a few hours doing so, so y’all can do whatever you want, I’ll check the thread later. Mislynch me and my ghost will make fun of you accordingly
Ok, I understand frustration. That is part of most mafia games. But this attitude is silly imo. If you are town, you are not entitled to people reading you right. We all have spent time on the game, spent time reading and all that. If you're town, your job is to find scum, not laugh because you got mislynched. I know you know this, but the attitude just irks me. Murp murp
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 pm Guys I know it's pretty well documented, but can some radish hawks just summarize the suspicion in like... one sentence or so?
Fake, unconvincing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:44 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm Yeah okay. Enjoy your Mac free paradise Dom. Typical shit.
What the fuck is this?
You know exactly what this is.
No seriously, what is this? Is angry!Mac a thing? Never seen it before.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:44 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm Yeah okay. Enjoy your Mac free paradise Dom. Typical shit.
What the fuck is this?
You know exactly what this is.
No seriously, what is this? Is angry!Mac a thing? Never seen it before.
Mac and I have a checkered past. We've gotten pretty heated before.
He is turning that on for no reason. What do you think it means?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I can't tell if you guys are summarizing the case or if you're calling me fake :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:51 pm I can't tell if you guys are summarizing the case or if you're calling me fake :p
Yes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:50 pmMac and I have a checkered past. We've gotten pretty heated before.
He is turning that on for no reason. What do you think it means?
I don't know. I've only seen him play town, and I think he was aggressively hunting, but pretty chill in face of suspicions. I don't really like it. Scum the lot of you tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:51 pm I can't tell if you guys are summarizing the case or if you're calling me fake :p
Do you feel fake? :beer:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

You know what, I just want people to die. I just need answers. I'm still on Radish is scum-train, I pray to god I'm not wrong.

[VOTE: Radish] aubergine

There's literally 9 good lynches. Should be possible to find one. I don't know why it seems so hard, but this seems not much different from D1 unfortunately.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm not sure I like any other player on that wagon though. Rip.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:37 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:29 pm

I did not mean to suggest that you were necessarily misrepresenting my words intentionally, though that possibility had occurred to me and I did not want to dismiss it outright. But it's not a pivotal part of my concerns here. I don't even know if this constitutes an accusation: I simply noticed a similar thing happening on two separate occasions with you. I'm not used to this from you, so it was noteworthy. Maybe it's purely coincidence. Maybe the confusion is on my end. But it's a thing that I observed and I didn't want to sit on that. My vote is on you for the sake of discussion more than anything else, for the record. If the day was ending right now, I don't think I'd want to vote for you.

I apologize if I've upset you at all with this. Let's start that dialogue. Tell me where else you've had not great feelings about me.
I appreciate your differentiating between misrepresentation and intentional misrepresentation - I thought you were accusing me of intentionally misrepresenting so I no longer feel icky about that. And I appreciate your apology too, I'm not upset beyond how I felt about the use of that word.

In general I've just had the feeling you were off. I've tried to chalk it up to you being sick and not here as much but every once in a while you pop up in my mind and I think "why am I not reading him as town yet?". I've just felt like we're not on the same wavelength. I think thats a lot of what you were trying to say regarding the misunderstanding we had.

I know this is not very helpful so I'll go into your ISO and try to identify places where I've felt it. The only thing is I'm done, like stick a fork in me, for the night. I've been here most of the day and these posts are starting to swim before me. So give me until tomorrow morning, I get up early, and I'll look at your ISO, specifically looking for those things that made me feel like you were off.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:57 pm You know what, I just want people to die. I just need answers. I'm still on Radish is scum-train, I pray to god I'm not wrong.

[VOTE: Radish] aubergine

There's literally 9 good lynches. Should be possible to find one. I don't know why it seems so hard, but this seems not much different from D1 unfortunately.
I have to agree. I'm having a hell of a time today. I'll be better in the morning I think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Radishes is a great TK if he’s scum, it blows the game pretty open.

If he’s town it kinda fucks us tho.

I’m not convinced enough to fight either way tbh 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm Oompa loompa doompadee don,

omg g-man, nothing against you but I will be so glad when this Oompa Loompa thing is over. I don't understand what auto-distrust is but I guess you can't explain it until you're uncursed. Or maybe you can?

Ok I'm shutting down now, everything else will have to wait until morning.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

All groovy, [mention]juliets[/mention]. I can wait til tomorrow.

[VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine and his big D.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Shit wait, I didn’t realize Mac already had a ton of votes on him. That’s boring. My vote doesn’t need to be there.
[VOTE: G-man] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Even with the wonka limitations, these reads are uninspiring. Sing me a tune that gets into more specifics, G.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

People who know me and Mac's history-- think carefully about his actions tonight.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom tunneling Mac is literally an every game phenomenon. It's tiring.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't think Dyslexicon is fully above board here but I base that on nothing concrete.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:35 pm I don't think Dyslexicon is fully above board here but I base that on nothing concrete.
What do you base it on?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:33 pm Dom tunneling Mac is literally an every game phenomenon. It's tiring.
Am I tunnelling? I've discussed Colin amongst others. I also don't recall suspecting you in the recent games I played.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:35 pm I don't think Dyslexicon is fully above board here but I base that on nothing concrete.
Go on.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Even with the wonka limitations, these reads are uninspiring. Sing me a tune that gets into more specifics, G.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:49 pm that's a fair point. I've been waiting for G-man to provide something for me to develop a read on one way or the other. He has not delivered.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm Colin is probably the player I’ve driven the most mislynches against historically. I’m wary of that. None of his posts have stood out to me, but I’ve been operating at less than full capacity the last 72 hours.

G-man has been underwhelming. That becomes more suspicious the later we get into the game.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm @Sloonei who bad?
Radishes remains suspect #1. I’m starting to agree with the G-man suspicion as well. Other than that I feel like I still have a lot of things left to figure out.
Oompa loompa doompadee dell,
Your progression on me is lazy as hell.
One might think you’re trying to raise
Me up as a soft-target case.

Vague comments that all seem to promote
The notion that everything that I wrote
Fails to live up to Day 1’s in my past
Makes me wonder if you need gassed.

I always struggle early on.

Oompa loompa doompadee det,
Sloonei’s dangling an easy target-
Waiting to see who else may bite.
On this issue G-Man’s willing to fight.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Boring.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:28 pmwhatchu thinking about?
Possibly guilty mind?
You know what, I don't fucking know. I just want people to flip at this point. This is a mess and I'm arguing back and forth on about everyone. Unhelpful, but like.. yeah. Probably better chances at hitting scum in the coasters. Whoever that would be. Words.
Who are the coasters? What things could we look for in that crowd, and who are the most likely bad guys hiding out in there?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bottom 5 posters:
Tranq
Dragomir
G-man
sabie
speedchuck

Colin is 6th and Michelle is just behind him. Tranq has been AWOL. Drago was, but appeared at the start of this phase. Neither of them have done anything.
I’m frankly surprised that speedchuck has more posts than sabie and G-man; I feel like those latter two have been bigger presences in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

I’d be happy killing drago too tbh I forgot he was ostensibly playing

Think we should wait a day on g-man, feels bad to kill him while he can’t really talk properly since he hasn’t really been overtly scummy imo
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:40 pm I’d be happy killing drago too tbh I forgot he was ostensibly playing

Think we should wait a day on g-man, feels bad to kill him while he can’t really talk properly since he hasn’t really been overtly scummy imo
Why drago?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:40 pm I’d be happy killing drago too tbh I forgot he was ostensibly playing

Why drago?
Pretty sure there’s two scum in the day one non-entities, i.e. tranq drago Colin and g-man

I’d kill any of them, mac, or SVS right now

That’s like one of the first things I said today I think, that I’d happily kill in the D1 lurkers
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What's the deal with you and SVS?
I don't see a reason to vote for her.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”