Golden (nons etc)
62%

Total votes: 13
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 2

Post by S~V~S »

Wow quiet in here. I have the cold from hell and pretty much sacked after work again.

Bye INH.

I think Dom has had some RL going on this weekend, he hasn't been around our Politics discussion group on FB much either iirc.

I still feel like crap but will have time to reread that weird Lynch. G Man why was maintaining the tie so important to you that you sabotaged Llama effort to save himself?

And Speed, before G man said that Llama switched the vote to you I thought that maybe the two of you had BTSC since you paralleled him pretty closely. Why did you do that?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Lost Again Mafia (Season 3) - Day 1

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote:I just realized the marmot isn't playing this one. Can't remember the last time he wasn't in a game I played and I've gotten used to his presence being more or less a constant (ha, Lost reference unintentional). Feels weird, man. :(
I ship it, sweetheart.
G-Man wrote:Frustration is setting in. I haven't felt this twitchy since I kicked heroin. Four players haven't voted yet and they are all among the bottom five in post count. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is a baddie, mates.

Dom, INH, notsawyer, Daisy- guys, where are you?
I saw a play in Boston. :blush:

nutella wrote:Get rekt Widmore lol
RIP-in-a-neutral-way INH

Dom never showed up again yesterday did he? He was there at the beginning chatting about the show but never really participated in game discussion and instead seemed to disappear/maybe forgot about the game? :shrug:
:noble:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by notsawyer540 »

I wonder how common the fake claim thing is. That would make it impossible to know if people are who they say they are.

That said, the people who haven't hinted at their role at all make me raise an eyebrow.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 114

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: And Speed, before G man said that Llama switched the vote to you I thought that maybe the two of you had BTSC since you paralleled him pretty closely. Why did you do that?
I thought it might cause some D1 tomfoolery. Unfortunately, it got covered up be the forced tie. :fist:

I selected Llama because he was the first one to get on someone else's vote. I defended him because I didn't want him to die for what I basically egged on.

As a note: My brother is getting married today. I will be gone for the next 12ish hours probably.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

notsawyer540 wrote:I wonder how common the fake claim thing is. That would make it impossible to know if people are who they say they are.
That's the point, isn't it? If the baddies didn't have fake claims, the civvies could just all throw out their claims immediately and that would be the end of it.

Though if I recall, in the first season game the bad roles were selected from among characters who weren't villainous on the show. That would kind of remove the need for fake claims, but I don't know if that was the case in the second game, or if it would apply here, since there were quite a few villain roles by that point on the show.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:
Quin wrote:Let me get that classic Quin tinfoil out into the thread now rather than later.

G-Man's role card (as posted in the OP) doesn't specify alignment.
Quin wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:Thinking about voting Quin because his PM didn't specify an alignment. Also thinking about voting INH because he's wrong as fuck about literally everything except for Sayid. Leaning INH because how the fuck can you be that wrong and not be evil?
huh
Sorry, misread that. Definitely considering voting INH right now.
'Definitely considering' sounds kind of confident for a vote that's been justified by the lols. :suspish:
Throwing this back into the front line. Give me thoughts, people.
Notsawyer's reasoning sounds quite similar to that used by Llama and Speed, which is to say, none at all. As we saw with Llama, that doesn't make him bad, but the way that little sequence played out it sounded like he used your clarification to strengthen his resolve on voting INH, as if it made INH more suspicious. There's also the fact that INH was killed last night.

I want to hear from Notsawyer about all this though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

About what? I didn't have any suspicions, so I said I was considering voting for INH just because we have differing opinions on aspects of the show. I was mostly dicking around. As far as Quin, that bit's covered in the part you quoted. I misread what Quin wrote and thought that he had said that his role PM didn't specify an alignment because I have a terrible habit of skim reading sometimes.

I do find you suspicious now, however, because of the way your post is addressed toward everyone except me. Seems to me you're trying to convince people to vote for me. If you really had any interest in my response, you would've directed your inquiry about me to me.

Vote DFaraday
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:From my notes:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
notsawyer540 = KATE AUSTEN
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Sorsha = HUGO "HURLEY" REYES
Spacedaisy = ???
Speedchuck = SUN-HWA KWON

thellama73 = DESMOND HUME
insertnamehere = SAYID JARRAH CHARLES WIDMORE
Sure would be nice if we could replace those bloody question marks with names.
I don't understand how I'm ??? at all.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Sorsha »

DFaraday wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:I wonder how common the fake claim thing is. That would make it impossible to know if people are who they say they are.
That's the point, isn't it? If the baddies didn't have fake claims, the civvies could just all throw out their claims immediately and that would be the end of it.

Though if I recall, in the first season game the bad roles were selected from among characters who weren't villainous on the show. That would kind of remove the need for fake claims, but I don't know if that was the case in the second game, or if it would apply here, since there were quite a few villain roles by that point on the show.
In the second game Michael Dawson was the leader of the mafia team and didn't have a fake role to claim. The other two mafia members did though, that was spacedaisy and Epi so they could tell better than I what their roles/cover identities were. (I was Michael)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No I think you were pretty obvious.

Knee Jerk no u over defensive reaction from sawyer.
notsawyer540 wrote:About what? I didn't have any suspicions, so I said I was considering voting for INH just because we have differing opinions on aspects of the show. I was mostly dicking around. As far as Quin, that bit's covered in the part you quoted. I misread what Quin wrote and thought that he had said that his role PM didn't specify an alignment because I have a terrible habit of skim reading sometimes.

I do find you suspicious now, however, because of the way your post is addressed toward everyone except me. Seems to me you're trying to convince people to vote for me. If you really had any interest in my response, you would've directed your inquiry about me to me.

Vote DFaraday
I do this all the time. When something about someones post catches my eye, I often talk about it because I am in fact soliciting other peoples opinions. If I am asking for clarification, I will ask directly. If I want to discuss it,I will talk about it.

So I am missing what is so incendiary about this post that Sawyer reacted like this to it.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 124

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Spacedaisy = ???

Funny that you didn't bother correcting my false assumption that INH was Juliet. I would have hoped you'd be more forthcoming than that. Perhaps you're not one of us, but rather one of them, hoping for me to discredit myself on a false assumption. Curiouser and curiouser.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote:we really are vompatti'ing this game aren't we :shrug2:

nutella, have a vote. I want your a conclusive statement of your thoughts on Dom.
I noted that he disappeared and I figured that it was most likely due to RL being busy/he forgot to come back to the game, and now he's responded and more or less confirmed that. As for what that signifies to me about his alignment, it's almost neutral but moderately leaning to vanilla civ because if he had BTSC or an important role he'd probably be more invested and remember to check in.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Spacedaisy = ???

Funny that you didn't bother correcting my false assumption that INH was Juliet. I would have hoped you'd be more forthcoming than that. Perhaps you're not one of us, but rather one of them, hoping for me to discredit myself on a false assumption. Curiouser and curiouser.
Why is this so important to you?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hm, I wonder if Juliet is a regular civ this game or not. In season 3 she pretty much started out as one of the bad guys and then defected to the losties. My instinct is to trust Epi and assume Juliet is a civ role, since it would be a weird/less "safe" role to set up as a fake claim.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Spacedaisy = ???

For kicks and giggles mostly, but I want to know who is who to see if I can break a baddie via intuition like I did in Season 2.
nutella wrote:Hm, I wonder if Juliet is a regular civ this game or not. In season 3 she pretty much started out as one of the bad guys and then defected to the losties. My instinct is to trust Epi and assume Juliet is a civ role, since it would be a weird/less "safe" role to set up as a fake claim.
Michael was a role in Season 2 who was bad without a fake role to claim. Golden the Coward ;) probably learned his lesson from that and all baddies have fake roles to claim but I still want to try. For instance, Quin hasn't been very clear on whether he is Nikki, Paulo, or both. Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey, a seagull! Claire's been looking for one of those...
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:Fearing for my life tonight, guys. Without Desmond, who's going to keep death at bay?
Never fear, Paulo's here!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It feels to me like you are trying to manufacture reasons to suspect people. Daisy clearly said the baddies had alibis.
Spacedaisy wrote:... I find G-Man's vote for Quin because he claimed Nikki to be questionable. I was a baddie in season 2 and Golden provided good cover as far as fake role claims. Why on earth would he give them shitty role claims like that this time around? Also, just because a lot of fans hated Nikki and Paulo (I enjoyed their story, it just was not very well written into already established characters. Plus Paulo was some excellent eye candy, if you ask me, lol), that doesn't mean they are baddies. :shrug:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:It feels to me like you are trying to manufacture reasons to suspect people. Daisy clearly said the baddies had alibis.
Spacedaisy wrote:... I find G-Man's vote for Quin because he claimed Nikki to be questionable. I was a baddie in season 2 and Golden provided good cover as far as fake role claims. Why on earth would he give them shitty role claims like that this time around? Also, just because a lot of fans hated Nikki and Paulo (I enjoyed their story, it just was not very well written into already established characters. Plus Paulo was some excellent eye candy, if you ask me, lol), that doesn't mean they are baddies. :shrug:
Form a reason on why Daisy would know why the baddies would have alibis and get back to me.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Because of that quote, they had them in season 2.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Further more, why wouldn't Nikki/Paulo be just as likely to be a cover as anyone else? If Golden randomized the cover roles again this game, then there's no need to dismiss the notion that Nikki/Paulo could be baddie covers. It would just be a cruel twist of fate that one or two of the most despised characters on Lost got used as cover roles. In fact, it adds a level of meta-WIFOM to it all, now doesn't it?

Hey, being bossy is fun. Maybe we should let Jack and Locke hog all the fun from now on.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:Because of that quote, they had them in season 2.
FEB Michael didn't have a cover.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

G-Man wrote:Further more, why wouldn't Nikki/Paulo be just as likely to be a cover as anyone else? If Golden randomized the cover roles again this game, then there's no need to dismiss the notion that Nikki/Paulo could be baddie covers. It would just be a cruel twist of fate that one or two of the most despised characters on Lost got used as cover roles. In fact, it adds a level of meta-WIFOM to it all, now doesn't it?

Hey, being bossy is fun. Maybe we should shouldn't let Jack and Locke hog all the fun from now on.
Fixed it. Oi. Bloody computers.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

G-Man wrote:Further more, why wouldn't Nikki/Paulo be just as likely to be a cover as anyone else? If Golden randomized the cover roles again this game, then there's no need to dismiss the notion that Nikki/Paulo could be baddie covers. It would just be a cruel twist of fate that one or two of the most despised characters on Lost got used as cover roles. In fact, it adds a level of meta-WIFOM to it all, now doesn't it?

Hey, being bossy is fun. Maybe we should let Jack and Locke hog all the fun from now on.
Exactly.

You seem to be the one who thinks people are suspect based on their roleplay claims. It seems that you are trying to suspectpeople BASED on their covers, when you say yourself:
If Golden randomized the cover roles again this game
You seem to be the one pushing the thought that this matters. And if Golden randomized it, it doesn't.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Spacedaisy = ???

For kicks and giggles mostly, but I want to know who is who to see if I can break a baddie via intuition like I did in Season 2.
nutella wrote:Hm, I wonder if Juliet is a regular civ this game or not. In season 3 she pretty much started out as one of the bad guys and then defected to the losties. My instinct is to trust Epi and assume Juliet is a civ role, since it would be a weird/less "safe" role to set up as a fake claim.
Michael was a role in Season 2 who was bad without a fake role to claim. Golden the Coward ;) probably learned his lesson from that and all baddies have fake roles to claim but I still want to try. For instance, Quin hasn't been very clear on whether he is Nikki, Paulo, or both. Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey, a seagull! Claire's been looking for one of those...
The inquiring minds were told so very long ago.
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Quin wrote:According to Lostpedia they had one 'centric' episode, but like 7 overall.

I don't know if you're trying to guess or if I should just tell you :haha:
From your description of one centric episode and seven total, coupled with this being Season 3, I'd venture to guess that you are Nikki and/or Paulo. I'd have to check but that sounds about right, as Rose and Bernard had their centric episode in Season 2.

If Nikki, your catch phrase is: "Razzle dazzle!"

If Paulo, you just stand there looking like a lost but devoted puppy dog until your better half shows her true colors and chucks a paralyzing spider on you out of greed.

Either way, you got the short end of the stick this game, unless you've got crazy awesome powrs.

"Acting like you're stupid people..."
Razzle dazzle! :puppy:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

notsawyer540 wrote:About what? I didn't have any suspicions, so I said I was considering voting for INH just because we have differing opinions on aspects of the show. I was mostly dicking around. As far as Quin, that bit's covered in the part you quoted. I misread what Quin wrote and thought that he had said that his role PM didn't specify an alignment because I have a terrible habit of skim reading sometimes.

Vote DFaraday
Overreaction much? I expressed my thoughts on the subject, then explicitly said I wanted to hear from you. I haven't even voted for you. It was your phrasing more than anything, that whole, "Then I'm definitely considering INH" bit. It made it sound as if you put in more thought than what was essentially a joke vote.

As a side note, lately I've been seeing a lot of "if you were civvie you wouldn't do x" or "a civvie never does y". I'm not a fan.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

G-Man wrote: Hey, being bossy is fun. Maybe we should let Jack and Locke hog all the fun from now on.
That's so Season 2.

Also, why did you vote Nutella?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:
Quin wrote:we really are vompatti'ing this game aren't we :shrug2:

nutella, have a vote. I want your a conclusive statement of your thoughts on Dom.
I noted that he disappeared and I figured that it was most likely due to RL being busy/he forgot to come back to the game, and now he's responded and more or less confirmed that. As for what that signifies to me about his alignment, it's almost neutral but moderately leaning to vanilla civ because if he had BTSC or an important role he'd probably be more invested and remember to check in.
That's not necessarily the case. He was bad in GS:BE but was mainly AWOL for at least the part of the game I'd subbed into. Either way, I got what I wanted so I'll move on... eventually.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

why'd you follow me, g-man?
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

DFaraday wrote:
G-Man wrote: Hey, being bossy is fun. Maybe we should let Jack and Locke hog all the fun from now on.
That's so Season 2.

For her potentially two-way post:
Sorry Quin, my vote had bollocks to do with you.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

well boo you.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I just noticed G Man is not on the poll.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I just noticed G Man is not on the poll.
The spoiler in post one and rule 7 in post two of the game will help you make sense of this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Spacedaisy = ???

You mean Juliet the TV show critic? :rolleyes:

Tell me, dear G: What does this have to do with my alignment?

And how would getting someone's role wrong discredit you? Aren't you confirmed or something?

I'm not sure someone acclimated with the Island should blame me for not getting it.
Epignosis wrote:So...how about that coffee?
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:Funny, I always recall Jin calling them udders.

:eye:

You all every Butties...
No, in between gazing adoringly at my baybeeee, I seem to recall an occasional "uzzers" especially in the earlier seasons when his english was worse. Udders came after his English improved.
You had a baby? Congratulations! That's amazing! I've been working on that for ages.

For others.

Others.

Erm.
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:Don't forget that roleplay is by no means mandatory, and role claiming outright is allowed :)

What about reproducing host PMs? Reproduction is extremely important. :srsnod:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

G-Man wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
That's so Season 2.

It may be two-way in that I expressed a kind of internal dialogue but within the post I settled on thinking Juliet/Epi is more likely civ.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday = JOHN LOCKE
Dom = ???
Epignosis = ???
G-Man = CHARLIE PACE
nutella = JIN-SOO KWON
Quin = NIKKI FERNANDEZ
S~V~S = CLAIRE LITTLETON
Spacedaisy = ???

You mean Juliet the TV show critic? :rolleyes:

Tell me, dear G: What does this have to do with my alignment?

And how would getting someone's role wrong discredit you? Aren't you confirmed or something?

I'm not sure someone acclimated with the Island should blame me for not getting it.
Epignosis wrote:So...how about that coffee?
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
G-Man wrote:Funny, I always recall Jin calling them udders.

:eye:

You all every Butties...
No, in between gazing adoringly at my baybeeee, I seem to recall an occasional "uzzers" especially in the earlier seasons when his english was worse. Udders came after his English improved.
You had a baby? Congratulations! That's amazing! I've been working on that for ages.

For others.

Others.

Erm.
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:Don't forget that roleplay is by no means mandatory, and role claiming outright is allowed :)

What about reproducing host PMs? Reproduction is extremely important. :srsnod:
From what I could remember, your coffee comments bore no meaning on Season 3 and your coffee comments stood out to me the most. I pondered the reproduction comments but seeing as you didn't correct my list, I assumed you were not Juliet.
nutella wrote:
G-Man wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
That's so Season 2.

It may be two-way in that I expressed a kind of internal dialogue but within the post I settled on thinking Juliet/Epi is more likely civ.
It's a two-way post if you are a baddie. If you're revealed to be mafia, then this comment is a subtle early blurb that will be scrutinized when ISO'd. If you are bad, this comment is either an attempt to set up Epi, a good civvie player (despite what happened in Blue vs. Red), or you are establishing WIFOM for protecting a teammate by suggesting he is civvie now.

If you're a civvie, then it's just an odd and flawed comment to make. I may or maynot be willing to lynch you to find out.
My Banners:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

It is none of those things. It was me reacting to Epi's role claim and thinking through its implications.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:It is none of those things. It was me reacting to Epi's role claim and thinking through its implications.
I never claimed anything.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:
nutella wrote:
G-Man wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
That's so Season 2.

It's a two-way post if you are a baddie. If you're revealed to be mafia, then this comment is a subtle early blurb that will be scrutinized when ISO'd. If you are bad, this comment is either an attempt to set up Epi, a good civvie player (despite what happened in Blue vs. Red), or you are establishing WIFOM for protecting a teammate by suggesting he is civvie now.

If you're a civvie, then it's just an odd and flawed comment to make. I may or maynot be willing to lynch you to find out.
Two-way post.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

First and foremost, it is a conditional post. :p
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:

Exactly.

You seem to be the one who thinks people are suspect based on their roleplay claims. It seems that you are trying to suspectpeople BASED on their covers, when you say yourself:
You seem to be the one pushing the thought that this matters. And if Golden randomized it, it doesn't.
Why are you going after G?
DFaraday wrote:

Vote DFaraday
Overreaction much? I expressed my thoughts on the subject, then explicitly said I wanted to hear from you. I haven't even voted for you. It was your phrasing more than anything, that whole, "Then I'm definitely considering INH" bit. It made it sound as if you put in more thought than what was essentially a joke vote.

As a side note, lately I've been seeing a lot of "if you were civvie you wouldn't do x" or "a civvie never does y". I'm not a fan.
How do we feel about this?

Not great on my end!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Exactly.

DFaraday wrote:

Vote DFaraday

Not great on my end!
Why's that? He interpreted my statements in the worst light and voted me in the same post.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Vote DFaraday
I'm gonna put a vote on sawyer. This is his response to the poop I flung at him about his INH vote, which isn't directed to me but to somebody who was on board with what I had to say. In the same post he accuses DF and votes for him, which looks like an attempt at deflection. The second paragraph is something that could also be specifically said about me, so why not me?
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Exactly.

I'm not. I was asking him a question. Question =/= "Going After". His line of suspicion was starting to feel wild tangentish to me.

Although in any case, I also did not realize that that part of the OP was about him, I thought it was flavor until I realized he was not on the poll and Golden explained.

You saw this post but missed that one?

I will prolly vote early since I don't expect to be around tonight.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I'm going to put a vote on Notsawyer for now since I was hoping he would discuss his vote after I responded, and so far he hasn't. That makes it seem all the more out of left field.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Exactly.

DFaraday wrote:

Vote DFaraday

Not great on my end!
Why's that? He interpreted my statements in the worst light and voted me in the same post.
What was an appropriate reaction? Did you think there was an appropriate reaction?
S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Exactly.

I'm not. I was asking him a question. Question =/= "Going After". His line of suspicion was starting to feel wild tangentish to me.

Although in any case, I also did not realize that that part of the OP was about him, I thought it was flavor until I realized he was not on the poll and Golden explained.

You saw this post but missed that one?

I will prolly vote early since I don't expect to be around tonight.
Yes.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote: What was an appropriate reaction? Did you think there was an appropriate reaction?
His first paragraph was fine enough, but he followed it up by saying that by not addressing him directly, I was behaving suspiciously, even though Quin had done pretty much the same thing to Notsawyer. Notsawyer framed my post as being an attempt to convince people to vote for him, when all I did was throw out my thoughts on his post, THEN IMMEDIATELY ask for his input. Following that up with a vote for me in the same post is what solidified it as an overreaction to me, especially rich considering his qualm with me was due to me supposedly not being open enough to dialogue.

Also, SVS called it a "Knee Jerk no u over defensive reaction", so I'm not the only one who felt that way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Funny what happens to a game when JJJ, MP07, Sloonei, and Golden aren't playing. Anyone else picking up a sensation of impending doom or is it just me? Between the end-of-the-world like weather and Michael Giacchino's music playing in the background, I just can't help it, really.
My Banners:
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

DFaraday wrote:Overreaction much? I expressed my thoughts on the subject, then explicitly said I wanted to hear from you. I haven't even voted for you. It was your phrasing more than anything, that whole, "Then I'm definitely considering INH" bit. It made it sound as if you put in more thought than what was essentially a joke vote.
lol I saw my name in that triple or quadruple quote clusterfuck and didn't realize you were replying to Quin and not me. I thought you were replying to me directly, but addressing it toward everyone else. But I'm keeping my vote on you and I'll explain why in a sec.
Quin wrote:I'm gonna put a vote on sawyer. This is his response to the poop I flung at him about his INH vote, which isn't directed to me but to somebody who was on board with what I had to say. In the same post he accuses DF and votes for him, which looks like an attempt at deflection. The second paragraph is something that could also be specifically said about me, so why not me?
I didn't notice that you were one of the people slinging that garbage. I just saw that multiple people said something, but from my perspective DF was pushing for it kind of oddly. Hard to explain, but it was a gut feeling.
DFaraday wrote:I'm going to put a vote on Notsawyer for now since I was hoping he would discuss his vote after I responded, and so far he hasn't. That makes it seem all the more out of left field.
No. You were hoping someone else would vote for me first and you got it. I never said I wouldn't change my vote for you, but your overreaction and the way you waited until Quin voted for me first has me convinced that keeping my vote on you is the right call. :slick:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Five votes in so far. Hopefully the other six will be around before the poll ends or I might be tempted to leave it as another tie. :feb:
My Banners:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

notsawyer540 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Overreaction much? I expressed my thoughts on the subject, then explicitly said I wanted to hear from you. I haven't even voted for you. It was your phrasing more than anything, that whole, "Then I'm definitely considering INH" bit. It made it sound as if you put in more thought than what was essentially a joke vote.
lol I saw my name in that triple or quadruple quote clusterfuck and didn't realize you were replying to Quin and not me. I thought you were replying to me directly, but addressing it toward everyone else. But I'm keeping my vote on you and I'll explain why in a sec.
Quin wrote:I'm gonna put a vote on sawyer. This is his response to the poop I flung at him about his INH vote, which isn't directed to me but to somebody who was on board with what I had to say. In the same post he accuses DF and votes for him, which looks like an attempt at deflection. The second paragraph is something that could also be specifically said about me, so why not me?
I didn't notice that you were one of the people slinging that garbage. I just saw that multiple people said something, but from my perspective DF was pushing for it kind of oddly. Hard to explain, but it was a gut feeling.
DFaraday wrote:I'm going to put a vote on Notsawyer for now since I was hoping he would discuss his vote after I responded, and so far he hasn't. That makes it seem all the more out of left field.
No. You were hoping someone else would vote for me first and you got it. I never said I wouldn't change my vote for you, but your overreaction and the way you waited until Quin voted for me first has me convinced that keeping my vote on you is the right call. :slick:
How am I overreacting?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”