55%

Total votes: 11
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Guess Who? Mafia

Post by fingersplints »

RIP TH and rico :(
Golden wrote:RIP Rico. I wanted to play with you too, sorry to see you go. You could consider subbing in to Dom's game, although I know that is tough at this stage.

@Roxy - All I can say, is that I hope you go back and read what you said and what I said again. I don't think you have been fair with your interpretation of your own words. If you come back civ in this game, I'll take it under advisement that you are entitled to change your newbie policy when you see fit. But I've seen your newbie policy a lot of times - like you say, I know it like the back of my hand, I've played with you enough - and you changed it this time. It was not the same newbie policy as usual.

I know you have a busy weekend with SVS, and make the most of it, I don't expect you to do this right away or anything. But please do it when you have time.
I don't really find you suspicious for it, but I don't also see it as changing the policy when she sees fit. Like I said earlier, I have never taken new as equaling one game. It all has to do with giving players time to be comfortable on this site. For one player that may take a game or two. For another it may take a couple seconds. The game MP played had heavy posting restrictions (He only had 12 posts that game and Rox had 3)
Gro-oo-ovy
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Black Rock »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Bummer. That was some really solid play you were making here, Ricochet. Hope I play again with you some time.

I'm reading through day 1 posts and BR's ones caught my attention. It feels to me her vote on TH was pretty oportunistic. She only agreed with what splints said then jumped on the wagon later in the phase, after waiting for two players to do it first. And did not say much more. I'm leaning mafia on her.
TBH it was opportunistic and a little frustration with TH atm. It was day 1 none of you really look that suspicious and so I voted for a non-player. He is a non-player and I don't think he would have ever showed up. I actually wasn't waiting for more people to do it. I didn't have to wait for other players to do it at all, I was already taking an easy way out.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 118

Post by Golden »

Hardly anything has happened and tomorrow is basically going to be wake up, catch up, vote since the poll closes while I'm at church.

My thoughts right now - I'd vote MM, or one of the TH voters given a compelling case. Currently I don't see one on G-Man, but what has been said about the other three I have seen merit in points made against them all. MP is not really in my bad books right at the moment (he got his avatar up) but he joins the list of people I want to hear more from.

Still want to hear more from hedgeowl, daisy, ninja (although at least she has talked since the NK), MP. I know it's that time of year and people like timmer have expressed they won't be around as much. But this reminds me a bit of omerta. It could get out of hand quite quickly.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

Due to the fact that this is July 4th weekend, we will have a 48 hour Day 2 as promised in sign-ups.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:Hardly anything has happened and tomorrow is basically going to be wake up, catch up, vote since the poll closes while I'm at church.

My thoughts right now - I'd vote MM, or one of the TH voters given a compelling case. Currently I don't see one on G-Man, but what has been said about the other three I have seen merit in points made against them all. MP is not really in my bad books right at the moment (he got his avatar up) but he joins the list of people I want to hear more from.

Still want to hear more from hedgeowl, daisy, ninja (although at least she has talked since the NK), MP. I know it's that time of year and people like timmer have expressed they won't be around as much. But this reminds me a bit of omerta. It could get out of hand quite quickly.
But... But... Why do why do we have to convince you who to vote?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by timmer »

I'm hungover as fuck. I'll be participatory starting tomorrow. Ugh.
My siggie.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 41

Post by G-Man »

R&R was great the last two days! Now that I'm back though, I'll have to dig in pretty thoroughly. I see TH was civvie and he mafia killed off Ricochet. No reason for baddies to take out one of their own in a game this small, so RIP to both of you!

I'll try to re-read the whole thread tonight/tomorrow if I can. I skimmed over everything since I voted and I feel like I need to revisit that especially. I voted early and given how close the results were, I'd like to think that we can a few people whose votes stand out based on both timing and reasoning.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:Hardly anything has happened and tomorrow is basically going to be wake up, catch up, vote since the poll closes while I'm at church.

But... But... Why do why do we have to convince you who to vote?
MM, I'm going to say to you what I said to epi in keeler. I'm not answering stuff unless you play straight up. In that game he tried to talk me into answers that he could use to make me look bad by using trick questions. Even his own questions were contradictory. He was bad. I don't like that kind of behaviour, it's deliberately setting out to trick me in to things and make me look bad.

The short answer to your question is that I did not say anyone had to 'convince' me who to vote, or even imply it, so I'll ask you the question I've asked twice and you've still ignored - why are you misrepresenting what I'm saying?? It feels intentional and deliberate to me.

I'm not answering any more questions for you until you decide you are willing to shoot straight.

Yay for poll changing to 48 hours.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be fair, looking back, I asked it once and the second time just pointed out you still hadn't answered it. Now I've asked it twice, though.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:MM, I'm going to say to you what I said to epi in keeler. I'm not answering stuff unless you play straight up. In that game he tried to talk me into answers that he could use to make me look bad by using trick questions. Even his own questions were contradictory. He was bad. I don't like that kind of behaviour, it's deliberately setting out to trick me in to things and make me look bad.
I did no such thing. :dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

The game is kind of dead so I'll try to post some quick reads on each player. Hopefully this will get some discussion going.

Black Rock: Didn't post much, jumped on TH's lynch wagon late and didn't do much other than agreeing with others said. Looks bad. I called her out on that and her defense at least looked honest, but it's not that hard of a defense to make.

Epignosis: Started the wagon on me, and has been tunneling on me since the game started. That can be risky behavior for a mafia player imo, which would make him likely town in my eyes. But I've noticed he has been posting little in this game compared to the other game I played with him, which seems weird. Something about him feels calculated. Then again, it's Epi, I think being calculating is his whole thing.

fingersplints: Pretty active poster. Had some posts that felt weird for me and others, but had mostly genuine reactions, and feels like she is trying to solve the game. She seems to react emotionally to some things, but that's how she was in economics where she was town. Was the third last player to vote on me, which could be opportunistic but also consistent whith what she was saying before.

G-Man: 90% of what this guy says should be green or orange. Seriously. Other than that, there's some discussion on whether to lynch inactives or not, followed by the second vote on TH. Consistent, but lacking any bigger contribution to the game. Well, this is a guy who claims not to take the game seriously, but I can't help but think he was a lot more active and useful in Economics. There, he was posting reads and arguing with people everyday, which I'm not seeing much here. Leaning baddie on this one.

Golden: One of the most active players in the game, despite his multiple claims that he is not having time to play. Has argued with other players a lot, specially Roxy, and then voted MP after a lot of spceulation about him. So far seems to be a player who is trying to look at the game from multiple standpoints and solve it, which looks civilian at first hand. But I know Golden is more than capable of faking civilian behavior, and following other's opinions to stay with the flow of the game. I'll be careful before I label him town again. So far looks neutral to me.

Hedgeowl: Barely no activity, and no votes. No read for now, but if this keeps up she might become a lynch candidate down the line.

Metalmarsh: Came early on d1 and voted Golden, not explaining much why. Lots of fluff, a somewhat silly argument with Golden about yesterday's lynch, and not much else. I remember MM looking a lot more useful in Economics, where he was replying to multiple posts and asking difficult questions. Here, he just seems to be cruising. But it seems his whole nonsensical d1 vote thing is his meta, so that might still be consistent. Leaning slighly mafia, but I'd like to see more.

I'm breaking the post in half and posting the rest later.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Of the four, I find Black Rock's TH vote to be the fishiest. She said she would vote TH, but she held onto that vote and didn't vote until much later- three and a half hours later, less than an hour to the end of the poll. She says she forgot, but that was an important vote, and the timing was crucial: BR voted when both DDL and Golden had two votes, putting TH one vote over them.

Right after the lynch, she tried to drum up something against Golden based on a misunderstanding. There's little reason to do that if you are on a team together.

Therefore I believe Black Rock and DDL are bad.

Addendum: :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Black Rock: Didn't post much, jumped on TH's lynch wagon late and didn't do much other than agreeing with others said. Looks bad. I called her out on that and her defense at least looked honest, but it's not that hard of a defense to make.
Yeah, about that:
Black Rock wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Bummer. That was some really solid play you were making here, Ricochet. Hope I play again with you some time.

I'm reading through day 1 posts and BR's ones caught my attention. It feels to me her vote on TH was pretty oportunistic. She only agreed with what splints said then jumped on the wagon later in the phase, after waiting for two players to do it first. And did not say much more. I'm leaning mafia on her.
TBH it was opportunistic and a little frustration with TH atm. It was day 1 none of you really look that suspicious and so I voted for a non-player. He is a non-player and I don't think he would have ever showed up. I actually wasn't waiting for more people to do it. I didn't have to wait for other players to do it at all, I was already taking an easy way out.
This is what sounds honest to you? No mention of forgetting to vote here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It is honest because if she is a townie, then it is believable. She admits her vote is easy and says she only did it later because she forgot. It can happen.

But that doesn't mean she can be called a townie, because as much honest as it COULD be, it is still an easy excuse for a mafioso to make. Honest =/= civilian-like. Her vote was still one of the worst in the phase, together with her post history.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Continuing the previous post:

Missing Person: The name of the last phase, due to his very late avatar upload. Also a guy who seems to love tunneling. He has been tunneling on both splints and llama since the start, posting quick comments on people without explaining much and seeming to be very sure of his reads. But overall, the whole play sees forced. Less like a guy with actual conditions and more like someone who is just throwing stuff on the thread to look like he's paying attention. I'm reading him as mafia.

nijuukyugou: Not a big poster, but she had some useful things to say. She vote on me based on "a vibe", according to herself, which sounds legit but is also a pretty easy way out for a mafioso. She opposed the TH lynch, which is good. I'd like to see more posts before I make a read, but for now I'm leaning slightly town.

Roxy: Pretty active poster, having opinions on everyone and suspecting multiple players. I didn't understand much her reason for voting Golden, seems like a small thing, since he could be legitimatelly trying to pressure her to gauge reactions. Most of her suspicions, in fact, seem to be based on small reasons, such as G-Man's joke vote. This could be an easy way for a mafioso to voice suspicions, or even to bus her partners. Leaning slightly mafia on this one.

Spacedaisy: She had exactly one useful post in the game, but at least it's a big one, so it's likely just her playstyle. Her vote is problematic, being a late vote on TH, but she explained it and made some seemingly honest points. A mafioso could fake it, though. Leaning slightly mafia on her.

llama73: Another pretty active poster, he was the main driver of the inactive hunt yesterday, leading to a bunch of arguments and gaining the support or suspicion of everyone. His vote, although misguided, is pretty consistent with his behavior along the phase, even though I did not agree with his positions. He was Ricochet's Arch-Nemesis, which could provide him a reason to night kill Rico, although that goes into WIFOM territory. I'm leaning town.

timmer: Not the most active poster, but made some interesting points in his posts. His vote was pretty weird, being a possibly very easy vote for a mafioso, or even a bussing, but he said so little it's hard to get a read. I'd like to see more before making a read.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:It is honest because if she is a townie, then it is believable. She admits her vote is easy and says she only did it later because she forgot. It can happen.

But that doesn't mean she can be called a townie, because as much honest as it COULD be, it is still an easy excuse for a mafioso to make. Honest =/= civilian-like. Her vote was still one of the worst in the phase, together with her post history.
That's circular reasoning.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Look, the point is, she could have came up with an excuse for her lack of activity and bad vote, but instead she openly came out and said "yeah my vote sucked". Even if she is mafia, there is a degree of honesty to it, because she is admitting her vote sucked.

The problem is that if she is mafia, this is an effective strategy to get people's sympathies without having to come up with an excuse.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Look, the point is, she could have came up with an excuse for her lack of activity and bad vote, but instead she openly came out and said "yeah my vote sucked". Even if she is mafia, there is a degree of honesty to it, because she is admitting her vote sucked.

The problem is that if she is mafia, this is an effective strategy to get people's sympathies without having to come up with an excuse.
Mmm.

Her vote sucked. I don't care about that. I care that she "forgot" to vote and then voted at a crucial moment.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, Happy Thank the French Day!
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

timmer wrote:I'm hungover as fuck. I'll be participatory starting tomorrow. Ugh.

Hung over at 2:17pm. What country might you be from?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Happy 4th from me and from my crazy three!
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Look, the point is, she could have came up with an excuse for her lack of activity and bad vote, but instead she openly came out and said "yeah my vote sucked". Even if she is mafia, there is a degree of honesty to it, because she is admitting her vote sucked.

Mmm.

Her vote sucked. I don't care about that. I care that she "forgot" to vote and then voted at a crucial moment.
A crucial moment?

Sounds a bit theatrical.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:To be fair, looking back, I asked it once and the second time just pointed out you still hadn't answered it. Now I've asked it twice, though.
I'm watching you because I think you are being very calculated with your posts. I snipped the post because I wanted to respond to that particular point. The rest of the post was not interesting to me.

I don't understand your suspicion of me though. You've threatened to vote me for not answering your question while not answering my question.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:To be fair, looking back, I asked it once and the second time just pointed out you still hadn't answered it. Now I've asked it twice, though.
I'm watching you because I think you are being very calculated with your posts. I snipped the post because I wanted to respond to that particular point. The rest of the post was not interesting to me.

I don't understand your suspicion of me though. You've threatened to vote me for not answering your question while not answering my question.
You didn't want to respond to that particular point. You didn't even make a response. You just asked a nonsensical question, quite literally - I couldn't make head nor tail of it. And it's not surprising that I couldn't when you explained it, because you were trying to create semantics over the word 'caught'. Do you even understand the point you were trying to make?

You don't understand my suspicion of you? Really? How about the fact that you are deliberately setting out to make shit up about me and paint me in a particular light by manipulating my posts and asking me ridiculously stupid questions? Here is a question for you - how in any world am I supposed to believe you cannot understand my suspicion of you????

But, in case you or anyone else does not, here is a good starting point for you. Here is the post of mine that you decided to snip...
Golden wrote:RIP TH. "Turnip Head has been put down" sounds way more intense than it actually is.

I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia, but I do agree with the sentiment that inactive civilians make the game harder for the civs.

The other interesting thing is that, in a game with no roles, it almost sounds like there was a tie between DDL and TH. I wonder if there could have been an extra vote going on somewhere in there?
Now, let me be very clear what I said there. I said it would have been better if we had caught a mafia (ie, not TH but an actual mafia), but that I agreed with the sentiment that inactive civs make the game harder, and this gave me conflicted feelings about the outcome.

You turned this into...
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I have conflicted feelings about that. Would have been better if we caught a mafia
Yes, yes it would have...

But would we really have caught him?
a very cryptic question which turned out to be asking "If TH was mafia, would we really have caught him".

By cutting out the second half of my sentence, you were able to manipulate it into looking like I was saying I wished TH was mafia, when that is not what I said at all... I was saying that I had conflicted feelings about TH's death. Or, if you want me to put it in a really blunt way - I felt bad only about the fact he was a civ, and not about the actual fact that TH was dead, since he wasn't even playing.

And then you proceed to completely misrepresent a second post I said as well. When you set out to misrepresent me two different times, how could you possibly not expect me to be suspicious of you.

At least, in your last post, you finally said something straight up that I could actually hang on to as an opinion - that you think I'm posting in a calculated. Thank God! It's nice to know you can be bothered actually telling me what it is you are suspicious of.

But not before you've tried throwing dirt at me. I'm used to people trying to take me out early, and I feel like one of my strengths is feeling out when the case someone is making on me is genuine or not genuine. Roxy's one, that feels like Roxy to me, and the fact she reiterated it today actually makes me feel better about her. You, on the other hand, your case has felt like you are deliberately setting out to try and trap me in my own words, and that I don't trust at all.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Quick read back-

Metalmarsh ignored my question :pout:

Golden - I hear what you are saying but what you accuse Metalmarsh of you are doing to me over this I won't vote for new or returning players.

Dragon- I don't get you list it is a bit wonky imo. Like you posted it to just to post. Some of you reasoning you used to say people were leaning slightly town is the same reasoning you used to say someone was feeling mafia. It felt a lot like mud flinging.

Imma be busy today with a hike and picnic but should be back to post before deadline
;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The whole thing wasn't completely objective, to be honest. I tried to find things in people's posts that could mean something, and then gave my general impression about them. There is logic but there is also the gut feeling element. The whole point was to see if I could throw some points on the wall and see if anyone sticks, than actually making an objective spreadshit of how people are playing.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sorry, spreadsheet*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Mmm.

A crucial moment?

Sounds a bit theatrical.
Not theatrical at all; I was using the denotative meaning of the word.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thanks dragon at least you admit its true.

Epi - please stop using your fancy big words so early on a Sunday :D
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Never. :noble:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote:Never. :noble:
Well denotative this - :p
;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Right now I'm thinking of voting either BR, G-Man or MP, depending on how the phase plays out.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:Quick read back-

Golden - I hear what you are saying but what you accuse Metalmarsh of you are doing to me over this I won't vote for new or returning players.

Dragon- I don't get you list it is a bit wonky imo. Like you posted it to just to post. Some of you reasoning you used to say people were leaning slightly town is the same reasoning you used to say someone was feeling mafia. It felt a lot like mud flinging.

Imma be busy today with a hike and picnic but should be back to post before deadline
Was this the question? Sorry, thought you were joking since I haven't self-voted in a while, though I guess I also haven't played with you in a while.

Self-voting as a strategy to draw out mafia only works so many times before people catch on. ;airguitar:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Roxy wrote:Golden - I hear what you are saying but what you accuse Metalmarsh of you are doing to me over this I won't vote for new or returning players.
OK. I understand what you are saying. You feel your post was no different to your usual position, and I misrepresented it. I really didn't think I was at the time, I was just posting what I saw, but your responses to me on it have felt genuine. That's all I can really do or say. If you still suspect me, thanks at least for reading back.

MM has been doing a lot of ignoring questions :srsnod:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

You know what this game needs? TECHNICOLOR VOTE ANALYSIS!
1. TURNIPHEAD (Llama)
2. TURNIPHEAD (G-Man)
3. GOLDEN (MetalMarsh)
4. SPACEDAISY (Timmer)
5. DRAGON (Epi)
6. DRAGON (Niju)
7. GOLDEN (Roxy)
8. TURNIPHEAD (BR)
9. DRAGON (Splints)
10. MISSING PERSON (Dragon)
11. MISSING PERSON (Ricochet)<----civvie
12. TURNIPHEAD (Spacedaisy)
13. MISSING PERSON (Golden)

Not Voting: Hedgeowl, Missing Person, TurnipHead

1. TURNIPHEAD (Llama)
2. TURNIPHEAD (G-Man)
8. TURNIPHEAD (BR)
12. TURNIPHEAD (Spacedaisy)

5. DRAGON (Epi)
6. DRAGON (Niju)
9. DRAGON (Splints)

10. MISSING PERSON (Dragon)
11. MISSING PERSON (Ricochet)<----civvie
13. MISSING PERSON (Golden)

3. GOLDEN (MetalMarsh)
7. GOLDEN (Roxy)

4. SPACEDAISY (Timmer)

Not Voting:
Hedgeowl
Missing Person
TurnipHead<----civvie
It's far too early to be terribly effective but I'm hopeful that, with a game this small, it may still point us in the right direction.

The following are my observations before I try to re-read thread content. They may or may not be 100% objective.

1. TurnipHead flipping civvie means that we can rest assured that none of the votes for other players were an attempt to save TH.
2. TurnipHead flipping civvie means that we can look for votes for TH that were an attempt to save other player getting votes.
3. The two TH votes that look the fishiest to me are Black Rock and Spacedaisy.
4. Black Rock's vote for TH broke a three-way tie between Dragon, Golden and TH.
5. Point #4 could suggest BR is teammates with either Dragon or Golden.
6. Whatever momentum there was for voting Golden stalled out halfway through the votes.
7. Splints voted to re-tie Dragon and TH for the lead.
8. Point #7 could be a sign that Splints and Golden are teammates.
9. The late momentum for Missing Person is intriguing and I look forward to finding out what the impetus for that was.
10. We know that it was not a complete team-oriented attempt serve up another lynch option besides Dragon because Ricochet was the 2nd vote for Missing Person*
11. Point #10 does not exonerate Golden or Dragon from suspicion.
12. It is remarkably noble of Dragon to not vote the easy option of TH even though he was tied with TH at the time of his vote.
13. Point #12 could indicate that Dragon was comfortable in not voting TH because he knew he still had help waiting in the wings.
14. Point #12 could indicate that Dragon's shrewd intellect knew that not dying and not voting for TH would look better than being a late, possibly decisive vote on a civ lynch.
15. Spacedaisy's late vote for TH could indicate alignment with either Dragon, Golden, or Missing Person.

*side not- sorry, I cannot abbreviate Missing Person to MP because that is my abbreviation for MovingPictures07.

That's it for now. As I re-read some of the game content, I will be looking closely at the following players:
-Black Rock
-Dragon
-Fingersplints
-Golden
-Hedgeowl
-Missing Person
-Spacedaisy
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Screwed up that post a little bit. I had more to say at the beginning. Ah well. I'll post it with the re-read info.
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My points about MM feel like I'm talking them into a brick wall or outer space or something. Does noone else see where I'm coming from on this? This is where I expect I'll vote today.

Thoughts on the TH voters:

I've read back BR. She feels genuine to me, I'm not seeing her in the same light others have. I see epi's point that it's the timing more than the words in the thread, but she's been so up front.

I've read back llama. I actually really can see rico's case there. Llama would be my preferred vote so far of the TH voters.

Daisy bothers me because she has been so quiet, I wish she would post. This is still also the same for non-TH voters like ninja, hedgeowl, MP... I doubt we'll win if so many people are quiet.

I haven't read back G-Man, because I felt good vibes from him, but I seem to be in the minority, so maybe I should do that.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Quick read back-

Was this the question? Sorry, thought you were joking since I haven't self-voted in a while, though I guess I also haven't played with you in a while.

Self-voting as a strategy to draw out mafia only works so many times before people catch on. ;airguitar:

Wat?

This a bizarre response MM. When and how did you ever find a baddie with a self vote day 1? I don't remember that ever happening.
;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, I really don't think Balaam is bad.

G-Man, you make some really good points here. To address point 6, I think there wasn't really momentum for a golden vote because it was hard to justify.

I was the last voter for MP and after I cast it I realised how useless it was given that there were only three people left to vote and they were MP, along with two players I didn't expect to show (hedge and TH). At the time I cast it, though, I thought I could still get him lynched and he was my preferred lynch for sure.

I also noticed DDL didn't defend himself. That's an odd thing no matter how you slice it. Dragon's 'shrewd intellect' should tell him that a vote in self-defence is never going to look bad, no matter what alignment you are, even if its a decisive vote on a civ.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Interesting points G-Man, other than the fact you're suspecting me. Not much I can argue against since it's a full-team read and I can't speak for other people's votes.

What I can say is that since the start of the game, I did not want to lynch inactive players just because they were inactive, and I wasn't gonna change my mind. I'd rather make my vote useful and stick to my own beliefs, even if that put me into a little risk. But I figured out the vote was close enough that it was worth taking that risk and trying to make a more useful vote. If anything, not to get lynched later because of being an hypocrite and doing what I'd said I wouldn't do. So I voted MP not because of the inactivity thing, but because of his posts which I perceived as suspicious (and still do).

Anyway, looking at your other points: now that I look at it, the suddenly loss of momentum on Golden's lynch is certainly fishy, and could show an attempt of his teamates, such as BR, Splints, or Daisy, of saving him. It will be a good idea to keep paying attention at those players' interactions.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Alright I think I've already made every point I could. Time to get this poll rolling before the phase ends.

votes BR
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Just finished re-reading through Day 1. Going to re-read night one soonish. My impressions:

1. Hard pick apart votes because a number of people had some very valid reasons behind their votes.
2. The four voters that stick out to me are MetalMarsh, Roxy, Black Rock, and Spacedaisy.
3. MM never actually gave full-fledged reasons for his vote.
4. Roxy's post have sounded falser than Splints on the whole new/returning player issue. Roxy's posts just sound odd to me.
5. I'm having a hard time believing BR would post her intention to vote TH but then not do it.
6. Spacedaisy seems to have some weak justification for her vote and for her elimination of other popular suspects.
7. Specifically, my eyebrows raised over her soft defense of DDL.
8. There was never any momentum for a Golden lynch- just weak or non-stated reasons.
9. Point #8 makes me look even harder at Dragon.
10. I have no solid reads yet (because I suck at it) but the five people I lean baddie on right now are: Black Rock, Dragon, MM, Roxy, and Spacedaisy. We'll see how that changes as I read through the night phase.
11. I'm hoping to see more from Missing Person and Hedgeowl. The latter's silence has her bordering on a slight baddie read simply because in a small game it's easy for one baddie to pull that strategy.

If I had to vote now, I'd have to choose between Roxy and Dragon.
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So, DDL, you just jump on g-man's comment about there being momentum against me? Where was this momentum? Roxy voted for me because I had a ping on her and she didn't like it. MM thought me teasing epi was insincere. As far as I can recall, no-one else had ever indicated any suspicion of me.

I'm always wary of people jumping on me on day one easily - like in economics. I'll admit that it didn't hurt that I'd committed to use my vote late in case I needed it in self-defence. But realistically speaking, for anyone else to vote me would have stuck out like a sore thumb, it would have had to be drive by. If we are talking momentum, the suspicion of YOU, and the suspicion of MP, had much more basis and consensus in the thread.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@G-Man, yes, now you see what I am saying about 'momentum for a golden lynch'. It didn't exist. DDL jumping on that definitely has me going; I would have said economics DDL was better at thinking and analysing for himself.

I think MM was trying to create momentum on me. He was the second vote on me in economics and, while he was good in that game, he lynched me as a civ doing it, and I don't think he is at all blind to what he could have achieved there.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dang I like these small, quietish games! Just finished through Night 1. My thoughts:

1. MM looking stranger and stranger (and it's not the hat or mustache)
2. Nudging Missing Person into my leaning baddie list.
3. Nudging Hedgeowl to my leaning baddie list.
4. I like Ricochet's theory on Llama but I feel like his death may be too obvious a setup. Then again, they may be counting on that and went for the obvious kill since this game is so small.
5. Curious to hear more from Splints on how SpaceDaisy flipping bad would make her look more at Timmer. I can understand a random D1 vote and he was only the 4th to vote.
6. I like Ricochet's Missing Person points. Again- danger of the setup but if only one of Llama and Missing are bad, then the baddies may have taken a risk and hoped we'd latch onto the wrong option.
7. Quiet Epi is quiet. :scared:

My vote now is between: Dragon, Hedgeowl, MM, and Roxy
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:@G-Man, yes, now you see what I am saying about 'momentum for a golden lynch'. It didn't exist. DDL jumping on that definitely has me going; I would have said economics DDL was better at thinking and analysing for himself.

I think MM was trying to create momentum on me. He was the second vote on me in economics and, while he was good in that game, he lynched me as a civ doing it, and I don't think he is at all blind to what he could have achieved there.
That or Dragon was anticipating me NOT re-reading. Too bad for him I actually did!

MM failed pretty miserably at creating momentum on you by not explaining his vote. Like at all.
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, he said it was because he thought me taking pleasure in getting a rise out of epi was insincere, which honestly is more than MM is prone to doing when explaining his day one votes.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I disagree with you guys, there was, at some point, a momentum for a Golden lynch. Call the reasoning for the posts random if you want, but he was leading the lynch at a point. The votes were there, and at least Roxy was fully on board with it, arguing with him and calling him mafia.

The momentum was short-lived though, which could mean that mafia managed to change the attention of the game to other targets, or could be simply mean the momentum was not strong enough.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote:7. Quiet Epi is quiet. :scared:
I don't think I've been quiet.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I want to vote MM, and would do so if I thought I could definitely do it safely right now. But I'm wary of the possibility of needing to use my vote in self-defence again, so I'm holding it for now.

@DDL - I was third to get to equal two votes, which I suppose you could call 'leading' but really I believe momentum is better judged by the thread.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”