Total votes: 0
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Day 9

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to be out for the night soon. I fully endorse and and encourage an Epignosis lynch. Consolidated votes would be preferable just in case there's any nonsense we're not prepared for. Otherwise, I hope all the townies out there can try to finish this game strongly so they're easier to identify with confidence. We've been walking the tightrope but victory is within reach.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Voting for Epi today because if his recent behavior doesn't constitute a concession then I dunno what does. I did a quick interactive read between him and Dom and I can easily see teammate interactions, particularly between early Zebra and early Dom. There are lots of softball questions and back-and-forth exchanges with no real pressure. My plan now is to ISO Quin and LoRab. I am coming closer to deciding that they are both town but I don't want to do that without completing my homework first. Let's hope this game has stagnated because the baddies have nowhere left to hide and not because they're just waiting for us to mislynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If LoRab is bad, again, she's done an incredible job of not appearing connected to her teammates. She was about as distant from Elohcin as can be. She town read Glorf early but so did lots of us and I think the way her read changed looks honest. She had some interactions with zebra that appeared genuinely inquisitive and I got the sense she was sincerely grilling her for real answers. My biggest concern is her treatment of G-man's host posts and the information that may be gleaned from them, but I'd hesitate to even call that a suspicion. On the one hand it looks like it has the potential to be her skewing the discussion toward INH/away from Glorfindel, but if I'm looking at it honestly it doesn't really look like that and she just appears truly skeptical of host posts as a reliable source of information. I don't think LoRab is bad, again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin's interactions with/regarding Eloh and Glorfindel both look good as well. If there's a case to be made for him being bad, it's his extended interaction with Dom since Day 6. Process of elimination suggests that one of them is bad and we're going to have to make the call on which one we believe. I've felt bad about Quin all game long and I'm struggling to find a reason to change that. The deeper into things I look, the better I feel that we've caught the final two baddies, in Epi and Dom. I'm not used to an end game with so little struggle, so that is where I'm mustering up all this paranoia, but if Quin is bad then he's played a phenomenal game. I'm not sure what else there is to be said about Dom/Quin, but if anyone has anything new to throw into the discussion I'd be all ears. This thing's not over yet and if there's new angles to look at, let's look at them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

One last rainbow, maybe

Jay
INH

LoRab
Quin
Dom
Epi
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

What if I survive though?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:What if I survive though?
Do you expect that to happen?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Someone tape this guy's mouth shut.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

You all know my thoughts.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:They would have won for a few days if they got me lynched.
So you're saying then that the baddies are Epignosis and Quin full stop?
:sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Is that not what you think?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Someone tape this guy's mouth shut.
I thought you wanted me to talk until I gave away my teammates?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I do think that but I also have a hard time reconciling that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I do think that but I also have a hard time reconciling that.
What gives you trouble?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

BEAT THAT GUY

In the wake of exposing Cundalini, the townspeople were encouraged. That May Swaisey bailed them out last night, they were ecstatic. There was a real sense of momentum, something they hadn't felt since the biker gang invaded their otherwise quaint town.

Today, that momentum pointed them in the direction of Epignosis. He argued, he rationalized, he snarked, and then he gave up.

As the remaining townsfolk (because let's be honest- there weren't enough people left to call it a mob) led him toward the Halls of Justice, Epignosis saw an MFP-issue motorcycle parked on the street. He had one last crafty idea.

"You folks really want to pluck out all my feathers, do you?"

"What are you talking about?" someone asked him.

"Who's going to ride my bike when I'm gone?" Epi said, pointing to the motorcycle.

"You're saying that you're Jim Goose?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Prove it."

"Excuse me?" Epi asked.

"You heard me. If you're Jim Goose, you go get on that souped-up motorcycle and let her rip."

"Fine," Epi snapped. He walked over to the bike and mounted it like someone familiar with the contours of a two-wheeled machine. With one confident motion, his foot brought the bike to life. Showing off a little, he held the front brake tight and played with the throttle. He could feel the power of the engine between his legs. It was amazing, intoxicating even. With a nod and a wink to the townspeople, Epi released the brake and opened the throttle up full bore.

But he wasn't ready for the full capacity of the motorcycle he straddled. It reared up on its back wheel, dumped Epi off the back, and fell on top of him. At that point, everyone knew that, while Epignosis knew his way around a motorcycle, he was no Jim Goose.

"Now I know how Motel Room felt," Epi moaned as he rolled the bike off his chest.

Upon hearing Epi's words, the townspeople seized him and exacted equivalent revenge for the handsome Motel Room. They bludgeoned Epignosis to death with whatever tools they had available. It was savage yet cathartic.

-----------------------------------------

EPIGNOSIS has been lynched. He was JOHNNY THE BOY.

It is now Night 9. Role PMs are due by 8:00 pm US Eastern.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: MAD MAX: Night 9

Post by Epignosis »

I'm sorry I couldn't really do much this game in my second incarnation. Too much is going on and my family comes first.

All the same, go team.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Your effort is appreciated, Mr. The Boy. Thanks for coming back!

Also woohoo. We just have Bubba left to lynch. It is most likely a toss up between Quin and Dom. Let's figure this out, be happy, and enjoy some lunch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cool. One more. Battle royale, y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I feel good about Dom being the last baddie. I feel like there would have been more resistance today if the scum team had any ground left to stand on. Quin continues to go after Dom, but assuming he's been right all along, I can't blame him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I had a feeling he would flip as Johnny the Boy, specifically the vanilla baddie. When we lynched Glorfindel and Epi suggested an alternative, he mentioned a desire to eliminate the roleblocker instead of the inert baddie. He left his vote on Dom.

We have three realities to consider that I can think of:

1. Epignosis was trying to mislynch Dom and end the game.

2. Epignosis was pretending to want to lynch Dom the roleblocker knowing that it would be unlikely to stick anyway.

3. Epignosis was willing to actually lynch Dom the roleblocker with the hope of collecting the town credit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How likely is it Quin is bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:How likely is it Quin is bad?
Likely enough that he should be critically assessed. Genuine as he may appear, his stubborn planting of his votes lately leaves him conveniently detached from two baddie lynches. I think it was close to an absurdity on Day 9 to call his case against Dom more conclusive than Epignosis conceding. He's going to have to answer to that.

It's also not ideal that Dom made it clear he felt he was being pursued as a game-ending mislynch but then wouldn't commit to calling Quin a baddie. For his premise to make sense, Quin must be a baddie. To be unsure is understandable, but the suspect pool is tiny now and that's the narrative he has pushed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Likely enough that he should be critically assessed. Genuine as he may appear, his stubborn planting of his votes lately leaves him conveniently detached from two baddie lynches. I think it was close to an absurdity on Day 9 to call his case against Dom more conclusive than Epignosis conceding. He's going to have to answer to that.

It's also not ideal that Dom made it clear he felt he was being pursued as a game-ending mislynch but then wouldn't commit to calling Quin a baddie. For his premise to make sense, Quin must be a baddie. To be unsure is understandable, but the suspect pool is tiny now and that's the narrative he has pushed.
He has accused anyone who has named him throughout the game. He suspected me earlier in the game for having a vague suspicion of him. And others who named him, as well, I think (I know he suspected me, because personal--I believe he suspected others, as well). This is typical of him--I'm trying to think if this is particularly typical of him when he is bad. As I said earlier, his paranoia is something that pings my suspiciometer for him...that's along those lines....But I'm just not sure.

I'm so unsure on this final lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

He has accused anyone who has named him throughout the game. He suspected me earlier in the game for having a vague suspicion of him. And others who named him, as well, I think (I know he suspected me, because personal--I believe he suspected others, as well). This is typical of him--I'm trying to think if this is particularly typical of him when he is bad. As I said earlier, his paranoia is something that pings my suspiciometer for him...that's along those lines....But I'm just not sure.

Just to ensure I understand: are you referring to Quin or Dom in this post?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Zebra was a huge contributor and sounded genuine.
:mafia:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Just to ensure I understand: are you referring to Quin or Dom in this post?
Sorry, referencing Dom.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I've been answering for that this whole time by voting the person who's case I argued was the strongest. Epi worked out. Dom is still bad.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I've been answering for that this whole time by voting the person who's case I argued was the strongest. Epi worked out. Dom is still bad.
I know, and I'm saying it's befuddling that you could ever think your Dom case is stronger than someone pretty much saying "yeah, I'm bad, good game, but you won't find my team mate neener neener".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It's the logical conclusion, yes.
I am still terrified I'm wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I've been answering for that this whole time by voting the person who's case I argued was the strongest. Epi worked out. Dom is still bad.
I know, and I'm saying it's befuddling that you could ever think your Dom case is stronger than someone pretty much saying "yeah, I'm bad, good game, but you won't find my team mate neener neener".
Again, the only motivation he would have to AGAIN detract from an almost sure baddie lynch is to try and end the game.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:
BEAT THAT GUY

In the wake of exposing Cundalini, the townspeople were encouraged. That May Swaisey bailed them out last night, they were ecstatic. There was a real sense of momentum, something they hadn't felt since the biker gang invaded their otherwise quaint town.

Today, that momentum pointed them in the direction of Epignosis. He argued, he rationalized, he snarked, and then he gave up.

As the remaining townsfolk (because let's be honest- there weren't enough people left to call it a mob) led him toward the Halls of Justice, Epignosis saw an MFP-issue motorcycle parked on the street. He had one last crafty idea.

"You folks really want to pluck out all my feathers, do you?"

"What are you talking about?" someone asked him.

"Who's going to ride my bike when I'm gone?" Epi said, pointing to the motorcycle.

"You're saying that you're Jim Goose?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Prove it."

"Excuse me?" Epi asked.

"You heard me. If you're Jim Goose, you go get on that souped-up motorcycle and let her rip."

"Fine," Epi snapped. He walked over to the bike and mounted it like someone familiar with the contours of a two-wheeled machine. With one confident motion, his foot brought the bike to life. Showing off a little, he held the front brake tight and played with the throttle. He could feel the power of the engine between his legs. It was amazing, intoxicating even. With a nod and a wink to the townspeople, Epi released the brake and opened the throttle up full bore.

But he wasn't ready for the full capacity of the motorcycle he straddled. It reared up on its back wheel, dumped Epi off the back, and fell on top of him. At that point, everyone knew that, while Epignosis knew his way around a motorcycle, he was no Jim Goose.

"Now I know how Motel Room felt," Epi moaned as he rolled the bike off his chest.

Upon hearing Epi's words, the townspeople seized him and exacted equivalent revenge for the handsome Motel Room. They bludgeoned Epignosis to death with whatever tools they had available. It was savage yet cathartic.

-----------------------------------------

EPIGNOSIS has been lynched. He was JOHNNY THE BOY.

It is now Night 9. Role PMs are due by 8:00 pm US Eastern.
You've learnt well, G. This write-up lacked all graphic violence and was much better than the one where poor Motel Room met his demise. For what it's worth, I have come to like Motel Room a great deal - to the point where I deeply regret my not being able to play with him again :bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:Again, the only motivation he would have to AGAIN detract from an almost sure baddie lynch is to try and end the game.
If it's the only conceivable motivation, why are you terrified that you're wrong?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Again, the only motivation he would have to AGAIN detract from an almost sure baddie lynch is to try and end the game.
If it's the only conceivable motivation, why are you terrified that you're wrong?
Because I'm assuming you and Sloonei aren't tricking me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What of LoRab? INH?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

FYI- the night post may be late tonight. I am babysitting my niece and playing Mr. Mom for the baby on my own tonight while my sister and her husband have a date night and while my wife goes to a girls night. Me and two 1-year olds. Let that sink in and hopefully you'll understand what I'm up against.
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Question for Quin:

In your work against Elohcin, you repeatedly cited her treatment of my Neil Hartley roleplay as a reason to be suspicious of her. That's fine, I felt the same way. However, LoRab also cast some suspicion upon me for my roleplay and you acknowledged that here:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
His post caught my attention as well. Did I make a mistake letting it go based on the fact that it came from Wilgy? I don't think so.

Sloonei mentioned in a post that you were pinged by 3J's roleplay earlier, LoRab. Can you elaborate on why? Was there a reason to suspect him for it in this specific case, or is it based on principle?
This wasn't a point you followed up on. This means you were a lot more forgiving of LoRab for being suspicious of my roleplay than you were of Elohcin for the same. Why was that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I do not understand this post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Question for Quin:

In your work against Elohcin, you repeatedly cited her treatment of my Neil Hartley roleplay as a reason to be suspicious of her. That's fine, I felt the same way. However, LoRab also cast some suspicion upon me for my roleplay and you acknowledged that here:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
His post caught my attention as well. Did I make a mistake letting it go based on the fact that it came from Wilgy? I don't think so.

Sloonei mentioned in a post that you were pinged by 3J's roleplay earlier, LoRab. Can you elaborate on why? Was there a reason to suspect him for it in this specific case, or is it based on principle?
This wasn't a point you followed up on. This means you were a lot more forgiving of LoRab for being suspicious of my roleplay than you were of Elohcin for the same. Why was that?
LoRab didn't backpedal like Eloh did; she claimed your roleplay was suspicious based on principle and held that ground whereas Eloh took the 'I was just trying to provoke 3J' route. The backpedaling was what I remember basing my suspicion around.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei, here's a prompt if you have the time (unless you're already working on something else in the game, do that).

What are the best things working in favor of each of Dom and Quin?

What are the worst things working against each of Dom and Quin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:LoRab didn't backpedal like Eloh did; she claimed your roleplay was suspicious based on principle and held that ground whereas Eloh took the 'I was just trying to provoke 3J' route. The backpedaling was what I remember basing my suspicion around.
You cast some suspicion prior to the backpedaling, but you didn't become more aggressive about it until after that. So I kind of agree.

I went back and checked. G-Man announced you'd replaced into the game at 8:31 PM my time on the 20th. You made your first post 17 minutes later. In your fifth post, you made your first move against Elohcin, approximately 5.5 hours after rejoining the game. Do you think you enjoyed any benefits that enabled you to take this correct action so quickly?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:LoRab didn't backpedal like Eloh did; she claimed your roleplay was suspicious based on principle and held that ground whereas Eloh took the 'I was just trying to provoke 3J' route. The backpedaling was what I remember basing my suspicion around.
You cast some suspicion prior to the backpedaling, but you didn't become more aggressive about it until after that. So I kind of agree.

I went back and checked. G-Man announced you'd replaced into the game at 8:31 PM my time on the 20th. You made your first post 17 minutes later. In your fifth post, you made your first move against Elohcin, approximately 5.5 hours after rejoining the game. Do you think you enjoyed any benefits that enabled you to take this correct action so quickly?
I knew I was being subbed in a few days before I actually did because G-Man wanted to make sure I was still on board. I think I looked at the thread beforehand if that's what you mean by 'benefits'.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I knew I was being subbed in a few days before I actually did because G-Man wanted to make sure I was still on board. I think I looked at the thread beforehand if that's what you mean by 'benefits'.
Would you say you suspected Elohcin before you hopped in officially?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I knew I was being subbed in a few days before I actually did because G-Man wanted to make sure I was still on board. I think I looked at the thread beforehand if that's what you mean by 'benefits'.
Would you say you suspected Elohcin before you hopped in officially?
I didn't have any game-related thoughts at all. I had way too much to do in terms of uni work to actually observe. I just read for the sake of reading.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey guys, is town going to win?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey guys, is town going to win?
Yes.

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei, here's a prompt if you have the time (unless you're already working on something else in the game, do that).

What are the best things working in favor of each of Dom and Quin?

What are the worst things working against each of Dom and Quin?
Quin has put up a strong effort overall since subbing into the game and pursued Elohcin from the moment he came in. If we presume Dom is bad, his stubbornness over the last few days is perfectly understandable.
Howevver, I would not be totally shocked to see Quin throw a partner under the bus early on to earn town cred. And, if we presume Dom is good, his stubbornness over the last few days as we lynched two baddies looks bad.

The best thing Dom has working in his favor is that he has apparently become distracted by the real world lately, thus explaining why his gameplay has been reduced to half-hearted self-defense the last few days. I have not felt inspired by any posts Dom has made since around shortly after Day 6.
The worst thing he has going is that he's had a penchant for OMGUSing in this game and has at times seemed hostile and uncooperative (Day 6/the whole Quin thing), and his gameplay of late has been recuded to half-hearted self-defense.

I can see a case for Quin to be bad and I'm in favor of continuing to explore it, but at this point I'd score it as 75% chance of Dom being bad, 25% for Quin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:FYI- the night post may be late tonight. I am babysitting my niece and playing Mr. Mom for the baby on my own tonight while my sister and her husband have a date night and while my wife goes to a girls night. Me and two 1-year olds. Let that sink in and hopefully you'll understand what I'm up against.
You're outnumbered and outgunned there, G. Time to circle the wagons :haha:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:FYI- the night post may be late tonight. I am babysitting my niece and playing Mr. Mom for the baby on my own tonight while my sister and her husband have a date night and while my wife goes to a girls night. Me and two 1-year olds. Let that sink in and hopefully you'll understand what I'm up against.
Can I be real a second? For just a millisecond? We're all now singing Hamilton, right? Not just me?!
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Baby's long since in bed and my niece just got picked up. Time to get writing. I also need to eat dinner.
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Can I be real a second? For just a millisecond? We're all now singing Hamilton, right? Not just me?!
Yes! We are! Also, see the PBS special Hamilton's America - it's the backstory of the show with Lin-Manuel!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

juliets wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Yes! We are! Also, see the PBS special Hamilton's America - it's the backstory of the show with Lin-Manuel!
saw it. Loved it.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”