JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 1] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote::shifty:
What do your language sensors tell you about three uses of the word "just" in one sentence?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Vompatti wrote:I'm not voting for no lynch to protect my fellow baddies, I'm voting for no lynch just for the lulz. :beer:
Vompatti, could you tell me the games on The Syndicate in which you've been a baddie?

Anyone else who might know of some examples, please lemme know. I'd like to look for something specific in them related to the above post.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think rabbit's suspicion of S~V~S reads pretty organically. I wouldn't lynch him today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All of you wasting your vote on no lynch should know that it cannot win the tally unless it reaches a true majority, which is 8 votes right now. I certainly hope there aren't 4 more people with lynchphobia. You're going to have to move those to an actual person eventually.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:Based on prior game experiences, my biggest three question marks at the moment are Epignosis, S~V~S, and Vompatti. That's not because of anything they've said so far in this game but because knowing their alignment could go a long way to helping the civvie cause.

Epignosis because in every game he is either a tremendous asset to the civvies or a formidable threat to the civvies.

S~V~S because our lengthy history together makes me always somewhat suspicious of her. This is magnified since we were baddie teammates in BSG.

Vompatti because, if he is a civvie, you know the baddies will let him live just to try to mess with our heads and secure an easy civ lynch late in the game.

Games this small make vote analysis all but a waste of time (which makes my spreadsheet weep digital tears) because the game ends in only a few days, so I plan on ISO'ing everyone before the end of Day 1 and making my vote based on that, barring any juicy developments. That worked for me in at least one previous heist game so far.
I don't understand this post. Why would knowing the alignment of these three players be any more helpful than the mean helpfulness of knowing anyone's alignment? Prior games don't have informational bearing on this one.
Because they're the ones I enter this game auto-sus of to some degree. Past performance may not be indicative of future results but it certainly informs who you want to keep an eye on just. It's like W said...

I agree with you about rabbit. His prodding of S~V~S felt natural. It would have been a little too noisy even for rabbit as a Day 1 baddie ploy.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Negative marks to everyone in single digit posts. More likely to be bad than the rest.
Bite me, angry bear boy. You do realize that, as of this post, your comment suggests that 8+1 of us are more likely to be bad than the remaining 5? That's a net so wide it's silly. Why not just say everyone not named JJJ is more likely to be bad? Or were you being cheeky there?

All of these imaginary systems that he just keeps coming up with just seem like him posturing to where he can come up with some justification to lynch just about anyone. If I wasn't already committed to voting No Lynch, he'd probably be my top candidate.
insertnamehere wrote:So, let me preface this by saying that I am by no means, an expert at coding. This was the first really big program that I've decided to make. It could work, it could not, I'm going to try and see.

I've created a program that goes into every poster's game history, specifically games where they were bad, and sees what their top phrases or words are. It then contrasts those with the top words or phrases from a persons post history when they were good. It then eliminates the words that were on both lists, leaving us with that person's tells. After that, it goes into this thread, and sees how many times someone uses words or phrases identified as tells. The higher that number is, the more likely chance you are to be bad. This was a bitch to make, and it's something I've worked on for a long time, a bit of a pet project if you will.

Now, of course, because of the limited sample size, the program is more likely to be incorrect these first few days, but, as more and more people post, I know more and more about their role.

To summarize, I'm the NSA now, bitches.
:shifty:
The reason why I find 3J suspicious is because he seems to be doing the same sort of thing that I did in that game, where I was a chaos independent.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What do your language sensors tell you about three uses of the word "just" in one sentence?
I need to work on my composition.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I would know about that. What am I, some kind of language expert?

What I do know is that of INH's seven posts, three of them are in disagreement with you, and two of those three come across as annoyed with your activity, characterizing it as "ridiculous" and "imaginary systems." That, to me, is an unexpected reaction coming from someone who is fond of ridiculous and imaginary strategies that sometimes even work for him.

He's accused you of posturing and called you his top suspect, but he's married to an unproductive lynch. But what is the purpose of having a top suspect and claiming you are "committed" (his word) to voting no lynch? That's...um..."posturing" (also his word).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, G-Man's "thing" this time is starting every post with the letter "B," presumably because, if you separate the straight line from the curves, it resembles a certain integer.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Negative marks to everyone in single digit posts. More likely to be bad than the rest.
Bite me, angry bear boy. You do realize that, as of this post, your comment suggests that 8+1 of us are more likely to be bad than the remaining 5? That's a net so wide it's silly. Why not just say everyone not named JJJ is more likely to be bad? Or were you being cheeky there?

All of these imaginary systems that he just keeps coming up with just seem like him posturing to where he can come up with some justification to lynch just about anyone. If I wasn't already committed to voting No Lynch, he'd probably be my top candidate.
insertnamehere wrote:So, let me preface this by saying that I am by no means, an expert at coding. This was the first really big program that I've decided to make. It could work, it could not, I'm going to try and see.

I've created a program that goes into every poster's game history, specifically games where they were bad, and sees what their top phrases or words are. It then contrasts those with the top words or phrases from a persons post history when they were good. It then eliminates the words that were on both lists, leaving us with that person's tells. After that, it goes into this thread, and sees how many times someone uses words or phrases identified as tells. The higher that number is, the more likely chance you are to be bad. This was a bitch to make, and it's something I've worked on for a long time, a bit of a pet project if you will.

Now, of course, because of the limited sample size, the program is more likely to be incorrect these first few days, but, as more and more people post, I know more and more about their role.

The reason why I find 3J suspicious is because he seems to be doing the same sort of thing that I did in that game, where I was a chaos independent.

You think JJJ is independent or bad? I don't know is Chaos Independent was a role or alignment.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:By the way, G-Man's "thing" this time is starting every post with the letter "B," presumably because, if you separate the straight line from the curves, it resembles a certain integer.
Brilliant observation but your theory is incorrect.

My Banners:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I would know about that. What am I, some kind of language expert?

What I do know is that of INH's seven posts, three of them are in disagreement with you, and two of those three come across as annoyed with your activity, characterizing it as "ridiculous" and "imaginary systems." That, to me, is an unexpected reaction coming from someone who is fond of ridiculous and imaginary strategies that sometimes even work for him.

He's accused you of posturing and called you his top suspect, but he's married to an unproductive lynch. But what is the purpose of having a top suspect and claiming you are "committed" (his word) to voting no lynch? That's...um..."posturing" (also his word).
Yes, I do find 3J suspicious, but I'd still like to see more from everyone before I try to get anyone lynched, which is why I voted for none of the above.

It's true that I'm fond of ridiculous strategies/gambits, which is why I think it's easy for me to spot them, and I think 3J is employing one now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:VOTE POLO

This game thread is tiny. I want your thoughts.

Wilgy, I meant fist fight. Rumble in the jungle. What do you think of sig, Scotty, and S~V~S?
Can I ask for clarification on the Polo vote, or is it just a random placeholder?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

So JJJ says he peeked dog, huh? Well isn't that sumthin? If JJJ is bad cop, we're right screwed. I'm going to choose to believe him right now. Though sig has been noticeably absent. Hmmm

JJJ why are you voting Polo? I know why I was gonna vote Polo, but you've been precariously mum on yours.

I'm voting Vompatti right now. He wants a no-lynch because lulz, and I'm not buying it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

rabbit8 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
G-Man wrote:

You think JJJ is independent or bad? I don't know is Chaos Independent was a role or alignment.
I'm not sure of his alignment in this crazy closed set up, but he's done enough to make my eyebrow twitch.

My role in that game was Media, who gained powers everytime her name was mentioned. These powers completely disrupted and detailed the thread. That's why I called her a "chaos independent."
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also this is post 3.
insertnamehere wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
G-Man wrote:

I'm not sure of his alignment in this crazy closed set up, but he's done enough to make my eyebrow twitch.

My role in that game was Media, who gained powers everytime her name was mentioned. These powers completely disrupted and detailed the thread. That's why I called her a "chaos independent."
I'm not so sure a heist game would have independents. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone. But aren't these little games much more simple?

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: linki: I began the game with a free peek on another townie. sig is town.
srsly?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Re: [Day 0] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by Scotty »

Polo wrote:Hi, folks! Just got here. Sorry, I had been really busy the last couple of days. Time for some catchin' up
Oy mate! It's been almost 24 hours since you started catchin' up! Whatja catch? Anything fishy?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
Polo wrote:Hi, folks! Just got here. Sorry, I had been really busy the last couple of days. Time for some catchin' up
Oy mate! It's been almost 24 hours since you started catchin' up! Whatja catch? Anything fishy?
That's why I voted Polo. I want returns on that catch-up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

INH, what about my behavior in this game do you assert is compatible with "chaos"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: linki: I began the game with a free peek on another townie. sig is town.
srsly?
I doubt I'm the only one. I'd to know what other peeks people received.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:@JJJ, theres no reason, it just happened to catch my eye. On another note, YOU'RE BAD, I KNOW YOU'RE BAD, GET LYNCHED RIGHT NOW.

@svs, yo you bad again?

@Quin, I appreciate your memes, I'll vote with you.
"Know" is a pretty strong declaration. I "know" that grapes are bad for dogs, because of personal experience. (RIP Woof-Woof :pout: )

When someone gets a "peek" in a game, is that usually a role power or a non-alignment "gift" from a 3rd party? I'm seeing it as JJJ claiming our cop. It's been a while since I've been in these kinds of info dumping games,

Post 5

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

@INH: Twitch your eyebrow on day 1 is good enough, IMO, to vote for someone. Thus one reason I'm about ready to give SVS a vote. She brought up sig just to bring him up while saying he was just saying something. I really think she was trying to get others to get a twitch from sig.

But you're advocating a no lynch. I don't agree with you. I have to wonder if a baddie is hiding behind the no lynch to look civvie. I will be looking at you three early no lynch voters harder.

@Scotty: I don't think there would be an indy in this game, but you never know. So clarification is good.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyone unfamiliar with peeks should look at the Arrested Development game. I don't have a link, I'm on my phone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

rabbit8 wrote:@INH: Twitch your eyebrow on day 1 is good enough, IMO, to vote for someone. Thus one reason I'm about ready to give SVS a vote. She brought up sig just to bring him up while saying he was just saying something. I really think she was trying to get others to get a twitch from sig.

But you're advocating a no lynch. I don't agree with you. I have to wonder if a baddie is hiding behind the no lynch to look civvie. I will be looking at you three early no lynch voters harder.

@Scotty: I don't think there would be an indy in this game, but you never know. So clarification is good.
I'm mostly banking on this post by MP RE: Heist games:
MovingPictures07 wrote:We were planning on having a discussion after Zodiac is over, since it's become noted now that the guidelines aren't completely clear, but if any role is anything other than a vanilla role, then it is by definition a power role, not a mechanic. Except for a mafia kill.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Although the Jobs and Side Missions guidelines are meant to be loose, the Heist guidelines are intended to be rather rigid, since these games are designed to be very simple, straightforward games. Experimentation is allowed, but only within the 48/24 and 3 or fewer power roles limit. So going forward if you're a Heist host or thinking about being a Heist host and your game doesn't fit those guidelines to the T, then your game will have to be moved to the Side Mission queue.
I doubt that even one of the power roles would be considered as an indie. And indie does not equal vanilla. I would bet a lot of money that there are no indies in this game.

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Meh, I never read that before. I have not played here in a while.

It does not specifically state there can be no indy's. I don't know why you're asking me though. I wanted clarification from INH. What are you prodding for exactly?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One of the reasons the player limit for heists was bumped from 13 to 15 was to make inependents plausible without killing balance. I have no idea whether this game features any such thing, but it could.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

rabbit8 wrote:Meh, I never read that before. I have not played here in a while.

It does not specifically state there can be no indy's. I don't know why you're asking me though. I wanted clarification from INH. What are you prodding for exactly?
I'm not prodding, I'm settling.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Anyone unfamiliar with peeks should look at the Arrested Development game. I don't have a link, I'm on my phone.
I looked it over and it appears 5 different people claimed to be the cop with peeks. According to Mp, he was trying to even the playing field so the Mafia didn't know who to kill.

There are a few problems with this:
If everyone claims cop, who should we believe?
How does the doctor (if there is one) know who to protect? In your game, JJJ, there was no doctor afaik. So I suppose the multiple peek show worked for that game. However:
2 of the 5 "peek"ers were actually Mafia.

At this point, if you are not the cop, then you're either a ballsy civ or a double ballsy Mafia. If no one else claims peek, the straightforwardness helps us because as far as we know, you are cop. Which clears dog

Post 7

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everyone should be giving peeks. Or y'all could give me no cover at all. :rolleyes:

I don't have time to explain this. Maybe later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone should be giving peeks. Or y'all could give me no cover at all. :rolleyes:

So since info dumping is permitted, I just wanna hear you say that you are the cop. So I'm clear.

I didn't get a peek.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone should be giving peeks. Or y'all could give me no cover at all. :rolleyes:

So since info dumping is permitted, I just wanna hear you say that you are the cop. So I'm clear.

I didn't get a peek.
Oh, I just reread the rules. I don't think I fully understood what it meant by "ability" claiming without claiming the role. Nevermind JJj

Post 9

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Vompatti »

I remember peeks and pokes. :cloud9:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Scotty wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:Meh, I never read that before. I have not played here in a while.

I'm not prodding, I'm settling.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Anyone unfamiliar with peeks should look at the Arrested Development game. I don't have a link, I'm on my phone.
I looked it over and it appears 5 different people claimed to be the cop with peeks. According to Mp, he was trying to even the playing field so the Mafia didn't know who to kill.

There are a few problems with this:
If everyone claims cop, who should we believe?
How does the doctor (if there is one) know who to protect? In your game, JJJ, there was no doctor afaik. So I suppose the multiple peek show worked for that game. However:
2 of the 5 "peek"ers were actually Mafia.

At this point, if you are not the cop, then you're either a ballsy civ or a double ballsy Mafia. If no one else claims peek, the straightforwardness helps us because as far as we know, you are cop. Which clears dog

Post 7
Bang on! Good thinking, Scotty. I remember there being multiple people claiming to have peeks in Arrested Development but I don't remember how many of those claims were actually true. I know some of them were to provide cover for the real cop to put her (Spacedaisy) info into the thread.

If you want to get technical, then JJJ announcing that he had a free Day 0 peek is ability-related and not necessarily role-related. Rico's wording is fuzzy on roleclaiming-
7. Roleclaiming and infodumping are permitted, but strictly alignment- (good, bad, badbadnotgood) and ability-wise.
If JJJ cannot just come out and say that he is the cop, is this post...

...potentially breaking the rules if he IS the cop? It's one of those vague-but-not-too-vague posts that may fall within a grey area depending on the leniency of the host.

This leads me the consider the following situations:

1) JJJ is the cop and may or may not have just violated a rule with his 'no cover' post.
2) JJJ is not the cop, did have a free peek ability Day 0, is civvie, and told the truth about his peek.
3) JJJ is not the cop, did have a free peek ability Day 0, is civvie, and lied about his peek result.
4) JJJ is not the cop, did not have a free peek, is civvie, and is lying about his supposed peek.
5) JJJ is not the cop, did have a free peek ability Day 0, is bad, and told the truth about his peek.
6) JJJ is not the cop, did have a free peek ability Day 0, is bad, and lied about his peek result.
7) JJJ is not the cop, did not have a free peek, is bad, and is lying about his supposed peek.

That sounds like it leaves me nowhere but here are two questions for everyone but JJJ and one question for JJJ.

For everyone but JJJ:
1) In your experience, which of these scenarios would you strike down as unlikely for civvie JJJ to execute?

2) In your experience, which of these scenarios would you strike down as unlikely for baddie JJJ to execute?

For JJJ:
1) Why did you select sig for your Day 0 peek?
My Banners:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:By the way, G-Man's "thing" this time is starting every post with the letter "B," presumably because, if you separate the straight line from the curves, it resembles a certain integer.
Mother of God!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

EDIT: Nevermind, should have kept reading.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I didn't get a peek.
Oh, I just reread the rules. I don't think I fully understood what it meant by "ability" claiming without claiming the role. Nevermind JJj

Post 9
Sorry if it's confusing the way I phrased it. Roleclaiming is the basic term for being allowed to state your role, down to the character (I usually use the word "role" for this), power (I use the word "ability" or "power role" for this) and alignment, except that in this game I have restricted the character part. Anything else, you are free to claim.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Battlestar Galactica saw me starting every post with the letter A either directly or immediately following the required 'so say we all.' It's just an amusing coincidence that the letter B looks like a certain theme-relevant integer with its digits fused together. :D

My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, it seems the Host does not know how to use the word "majority" correctly, so guideline #2 has been slightly modified. If No Lynch gets the most votes, it'll pass through as the result of the Day, just like any other voting option would.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 26

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:So JJJ says he peeked dog, huh? Well isn't that sumthin? If JJJ is bad cop, we're right screwed. I'm going to choose to believe him right now. Though sig has been noticeably absent. Hmmm

JJJ why are you voting Polo? I know why I was gonna vote Polo, but you've been precariously mum on yours.

I'm voting Vompatti right now. He wants a no-lynch because lulz, and I'm not buying it.
Sig was binge watching the Republican Convention for about twelve hours yesterday. All I'll say about it is this, HA mike lee you made a fool of yourself...........again. :P

I'm almost caught up and will address some stuff soon, the convention doesn't pick up until about five thirty so I have all afternoon to post.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think rabbit makes valid points. There is a degree of ambiguity in S~V~S's wording which would enable her to move either direction on sig depending upon circumstance.

sig won't be mislynched in this game anyway because he was my n0 town peek.

I agree with Gman (I think) why would you pick me if you had a n0 peek, I highly doubt that you have a n0 peek unless it was a random peek given to a vanilla. Unless you're mafia who knows I'm a civ and faked a peek. :eye:

I really dislike that we have so many no lynch votes right now, I understand Quin's reasoning but I don't see why Wilgy, , inh, or Vomp are doing it. If it comes down to it and it is close with the no lynchers, I suggest we lynch one of the no lynchers.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

rabbit8 wrote:

@ Sig: Why is it odd to lump you with JJJ and Epig? Do you feel you're not on their mafia level? Is that why Eloh lumping you in with them is odd? Or is there another reason?
Yeah I don't view myself at their level of abilty so for Eloh to lump me in with them is weird. I'm not sure if it is a mafia thing to do, but it is odd. She could be attempting to set me up though this seems like a strange way to do it.

Elohcin wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Thank you for addressing that as I was just about to.

Now, as many have agreed, there is not a lot to go on for a lynch on Day 1. I, however, intend to try and find a baddie instead of picking the no lynch option. I am going to throw sig's name out there. I think it was odd for him to be surprised at me mentioning his name as one of the good players who would be able to work around the fact that this game has baddie BTSC only at night. I am wondering if it alarmed him that I might be looking to him as being a baddie this game. This reaction could mean he actually is.

No it didn't alarm me in that sense, I just found it odd that you'd include me with the other names. I guess I did do well in the Scrimmage with no BTSC, but I still found it pingy, but also flattering so thanks.....I think? :ponder:
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't choose sig. n0 peeks are randomized among only townies. I've never seen it any other way either.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

sig wrote:

No it didn't alarm me in that sense, I just found it odd that you'd include me with the other names. I guess I did do well in the Scrimmage with no BTSC, but I still found it pingy, but also flattering so thanks.....I think? :ponder:
Well, I do think you're a good player. Please tell me why I should move my vote off of you an onto someone else. And, who should that someone else be? I am thinking Vompatti. His craziness this game doesn't seem to follow his norm. What do you think? It's almost as he is half crazy, half trying. Which is odd to me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

oh, and to help myself keep track...this is #6 for me for Day 1. Rico, are you seriously counting how many posts we each have at the end of each phase? And to confirm, Day 0 is a phase? Day 1 is a phase? Night 1 is a phase? Is this correct? Or is it Day 1 and Night 1 is a phase? Day 2 and Night 2 is a phase? etc.

Day 1 #6
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Shoot, I also meant to ask...

Does the number start over at zero at the beginning of each phase, or does it continue from the beginning of Day 0? If it continues, we can just go to our in topic and look at our post count and make sure it's not a multiple of 4, 9, or 13.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Vompatti »

Supposedly it resets, but I wouldn't mind if it didn't.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok SVS, I trust you. I'm civ.

Yo rabbit, why are we bad for voting no lynch?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:oh, and to help myself keep track...this is #6 for me for Day 1. Rico, are you seriously counting how many posts we each have at the end of each phase? And to confirm, Day 0 is a phase? Day 1 is a phase? Night 1 is a phase? Is this correct? Or is it Day 1 and Night 1 is a phase? Day 2 and Night 2 is a phase? etc.

Day 1 #6
I'm afraid I can't answer the first question, however in my terminology a Day is a phase, a Night is another phase. A Day and a Night combined form a "cycle".
Elohcin wrote:Shoot, I also meant to ask...

Does the number start over at zero at the beginning of each phase, or does it continue from the beginning of Day 0? If it continues, we can just go to our in topic and look at our post count and make sure it's not a multiple of 4, 9, or 13.
It resets.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

DrWilgy wrote:Ok SVS, I trust you. I'm civ.

Yo rabbit, why are we bad for voting no lynch?
rabbit8 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:This may come as a shock to people who know me, but I'm voting no Lynch
Screams baddie to me. You want no lynch, no info. I think it's bad, looks civvie cause, yay I voted to not lynch someone that could be a civ. But we gain nothing from no lynch, IMO.

This goes for Wigly and Quinn as well.
rabbit8 wrote:@INH: Twitch your eyebrow on day 1 is good enough, IMO, to vote for someone. Thus one reason I'm about ready to give SVS a vote. She brought up sig just to bring him up while saying he was just saying something. I really think she was trying to get others to get a twitch from sig.

Yo, Wigs, ISO is yo friend. I doubt all the no lynch voters are bad.... Nice place to hide though....
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Elohcin wrote:
sig wrote:

Well, I do think you're a good player. Please tell me why I should move my vote off of you an onto someone else. And, who should that someone else be? I am thinking Vompatti. His craziness this game doesn't seem to follow his norm. What do you think? It's almost as he is half crazy, half trying. Which is odd to me.

You think JJJ is lying? Pretty ballsy gamble by JJJ if so.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:3J's posts are just getting kind of ridiculous. He says that he wants to encourage conversation, but he tries to shut down anything that doesn't vibe with his view point.
Disagreement is not the same as shutting down. I have been completely successful in getting this game moving thankyouverymuch. :noble:
You know, this got me thinking- how do day 1 conversations take off? Someone making a bold statement? Someone disagreeing with principles? It always just seems to flow organically, but I'm never sure of how or why.

This isn't anything new, but it's very intriguing to me. In so many other sites and venues the day 1 is literally random. Like, literally in the sense that in a group, most the time people will vote for someone based on a dream they had, or not liking the name of a person, or what have you. But this site especially has a weird way of dogpiling on someone that has a certain air if suspicion for doing something out of the ordinary. It's always amazing to me that votes on the first day are so justified here. I can't recall the last time I went back to day 1 conversations to get a confirmation of a tonal read on someone. Only to look at votes and who voted for whom, and when.

"Getting the game moving" does not necessarily translate to civ behavior, mind you. I would hope everyone just likes to talk about things having to do with the game. Hell, I have no filter so I just talk about whatever's goin on in my head, regardless of my alignment. Gets me into trouble a lot, but whatever. Until we get to a day 1 flip, I don't think the game has taken off.

Blah blah blah shut up Scotty.

Also this is my 19th post, which is a good number. :beer:
This was something that I found odd when I joined TS, on most sites I've played on Day 1 is for messing around occasionally it will be serious, but at least a portion of day 1 and most day 1 votes are placed for no real reason, or are very RVS which is basically just messing around.

rabbit8 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
sig wrote:
sig wrote:@HOST why is there no rule number 3?

Also I'd like to bring attention to this.

5. The Mafia team can only interact in BTSC during the Night phase.

I'm not sure how much this helps us, I know the last game we had with this was the Scrimmag, I was mafia and it did make things more hectic and we had much less planning. However, it also made the links less clear. So I think we should keep in mind the mafia doesn't have day chat.

Any thoughts on this?
Rule number 4 not 3.
This is the only thing to get my attention so far,and as pings go, it's *meh*, so just saying it to say it, basically. It actually could be making me think sig is civ more so than the other way around, but it is hard to say this early. It just stuck out to me.

Sig has obviously read the rules including the on famous rule 10,
10. >>>Players are advised not to end any phase throughout their game with 4, 9, 13 written posts or multiples of those numbers.<<<
There isn't a rule 9, either. This seemed like saying something for the sake of being seen having something to say, BUT like I said, *meh*. This seems like a thread full of people playing it safe so far. So I am liking risk taking more than not.

I was not expecting to be playing, and have a crapton of stuff to do tonight (which is why I stole Ricos thunder and self announced, I only had a limited time to post). Toodles, citizens & Mafioso.

Linki, I hate no lynch. Grrr.
You said something to say something, not unlike sig may have done. Only your something was a quasi accusation with a CYA meh to say "not really". Then you reiterated the point in another say something to say something accusation, clarified with a "but like I said..."

I can't tell if you're accusing Sig or saying hes a civ. It makes your post read ambiguous, which seemed purposeful. Casting shade on Sig while saying you think he's a civ, only to defend with, I was poking to see if someone would accuse sig of trivia? Classic. Say something then hide behind the old, wanted to see what you would do routine.

You threw out something looking for a response. Only if you would have just waited for someone to go after Sig for trivia before you defended with it would have looked more civvie. Throwing out the Sig is always lynched for this behavior only when you're called out on it looks bad, IMO.

I agree with everything rabbit said he is a true gentleman :beer:
I've got a slight civ read on him.

Elohcin wrote:
sig wrote:

Well thank you, I wouldn't class myself in with JJJ or Epi though,

You should move your vote off of me since I'm not mafia and haven't done anything worth being voted for. :shrug:
Vomp seems like he always does to me.

Right now I'm eyeing SVS for her exchange with Rabbit, and Wilgy for voting no lynch which I find really odd. Plus he said he isn't reading my posts. :meany:
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”