GAME OVER: BLUE vs. RED

Moderator: Community Team

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Day 0- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Feigning ignorance of the rules. Classic FZ move.
Which rules could FZ have read to answer her question about how the game is structured?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Day 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:Wilgy, who should the President protect this evening? :noble:
:ponder:

It's too early to say LC. I do think a proper PoE could get this answer, but there's not enough discussion yet.

If you need an answer now, me!
Ok, Wilgy, there's more discussion now, how about a proper PoE to get the answer?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Ask me one!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Elohcin »

I'm going to vote for the next person who quotes the picture of that disgusting naked creature. I will never revisit page 5 again.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Scotty wrote:This might be cliche but I'm not thrilled with any of Marmot's 7 posts so far. Granted, that was Day 0. But he could probably shave the fluff, that naked rat
What's a townie Marmot look like?
Something akin to this
Spoiler: show
You mean female? :scared:

Addendum: Don't look, Ethel!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by G-Man »

Elohcin wrote:I'm going to vote for the next person who quotes the picture of that disgusting naked creature. I will never revisit page 5 again.
+1 Hillary Points for making me laugh. How do I nominate this quote for next year's Sockeys?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Re: Day 0- BLUE vs. RED

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Feigning ignorance of the rules. Classic FZ move.
Which rules could FZ have read to answer her question about how the game is structured?
The rules for Heist submissions.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

G-Man wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I'm going to vote for the next person who quotes the picture of that disgusting naked creature. I will never revisit page 5 again.
+1 Hillary Points for making me laugh. How do I nominate this quote for next year's Sockeys?
Awe, yay....I like making people laugh. Ask Epi, I don't say funny things often, but every once in a while I say something that has him rolling for a good 5 minutes. :D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Quin, I feel that you just like getting into arguments to see who is right.

That's not happening here. This is American politics. Being right has no place.
Do you find Quin's antics as alignment indicative or merely argumentative?
By themselves, no. I am, however, reading into his cross reaction to me: While I was just cracking wise, Quin became indignant that I was making a joke at his expense, and his reaction was to immediately express that. In general, I find that mafia tend to keep their reactions in check.

In summary, while I wasn't fishing for reactions and I certainly didn't mean to upset Quin, Quin's reaction makes me think he is not mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm a civilian and fuck Hillary Clinton.

And her shitty clothes.

Don't you always steadfastly refuse to make lie detector statements as a matter of policy? This surprises me.
I don't think there is a lie detector, so :shrug2:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch jackofhearts team and we will be sitting pretty.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy you asked if we were ever civ together. Tree Mafia. You got lynched on day 1 I think and Floyd and I lived until end game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You have to vote Epi now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

thellama73 wrote:I don't think I'v played with Jack of Hearts before, but I'm finding him annoying. He apologized for not being "entertaining" enough. Entertainment is not the goal of the game, boyo. Finding baddies is. Take the snark down a notch, why don't you, and answer me this:

Who are looking at voting today and why?
I know this post was accidentally aimed at me but I'll answer anyway.

We were in Unfortunate Events together but you got lynched on Day 1.

If I had a day kill that I had to use this second, I'd shoot Mac. Three seconds in and he's sure I'm scum? Never played with him before so his certainty is either a bluff or a lie (depending on his alignment and if he's bad, how many scum he thinks exist outside his group). Plenty of townies are jokingly certain of scum on Day 1 but with two posts about it, I get the impression he isn't joking. Some townies can act really certain on Day 1 when they actually just have a hunch. Don't know Mac's meta to know if he plays that type of a townie game or if he's just looking for a mislynch or to look like he's contributing.

I'm not actually planning on voting for Mac, though. I'm planning on voting for whoever pings me enough that I want to lead a lynch or my top suspect that is getting enough votes to make them lynchable. (I don't vote third party very often cause I want my vote to matter.) I don't know who that is, yet, but I'll let you know.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I don't think I'v played with Jack of Hearts before, but I'm finding him annoying. He apologized for not being "entertaining" enough. Entertainment is not the goal of the game, boyo. Finding baddies is. Take the snark down a notch, why don't you, and answer me this:

If I had a day kill that I had to use this second, I'd shoot Mac. Three seconds in and he's sure I'm scum? Never played with him before so his certainty is either a bluff or a lie (depending on his alignment and if he's bad, how many scum he thinks exist outside his group). Plenty of townies are jokingly certain of scum on Day 1 but with two posts about it, I get the impression he isn't joking. Some townies can act really certain on Day 1 when they actually just have a hunch. Don't know Mac's meta to know if he plays that type of a townie game or if he's just looking for a mislynch or to look like he's contributing.

I'm not actually planning on voting for Mac, though. I'm planning on voting for whoever pings me enough that I want to lead a lynch or my top suspect that is getting enough votes to make them lynchable. (I don't vote third party very often cause I want my vote to matter.) I don't know who that is, yet, but I'll let you know.
Why you seem so bad then?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Who said I was certain? I am more confident in my little read on you than anyone else seems to be on anything and you aren't gonna lynch yourself so might as well get a wagon cooking on someone. Why not Pingy McStrangepost himself?

A fool would be certain given such little evidence.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Current reasons for the votes on the board where the suspected individuals have more than one vote:
thellama73 wrote:And since we're throwing out wild Day 0 accusations, I think Quin is bad.
thellama73 wrote:Because I think Quin is bad. Something about his tone reads off to me. He is acting weird.
thellama73 wrote:To elaborate, there is a clipped terseness to Quin's posts this game that I don't remember observing from him before.
Aside from not understanding why you would wait for the inevitable "Why?" before stating your reason, I would like to know more about the third quote. Quin has been bad before. If you've never seen the "clipped terseness" before, what does it mean regarding his alignment here?
S~V~S wrote:Quin missed my original point and misinterpreted my question. Hence we are talking in circles.

Placeholder vote on Quin. I don't think my original point was that obscure.
This is a temporary vote borne out of frustration. Even as a placeholder, it signifies being okay with someone's lynch. S~V~S, do you believe a mafia Quin would engage you in a lengthy back-and-forth, having already received llama's vote and knowing he would probably end up getting yours as well?
MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't like the cut of this jackofhearts character's jib. Voting there.
What don't you like?
Basically what I said. His posts have an air of fraudulent him. Lot of words with a fart smell.
MacDougall wrote:Wow ...

Fraudulence to them*
MacDougall, what posts specifically? What gives you the impression that they are fraudulent? What words smell bad?
Scotty wrote:Everyone's checked in, so...ima thinking one of the low posters is definitely bad.

Jackofhearts, I see you.
And then.

I'm skeptical. First off, how does Scotty drive, text, and flip a coin? :ponder:

Of the votes cast, I find yours, Scotty, to be the least genuine. I don't believe you flipped a coin (how could a coin have multiple sides- surely there were multiple people who qualified as low posters). I'm going to pull the exact quote:

"I actually flipped a coin among a few of you that had low posts and [Jack] came up [...]"

Explain to me how you "actually" (your word) flipped a coin to decide among a "few" (your word again) low posters.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My vote is on Scotty now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Why you seem so bad then?
I don't know, Mac.

Why don't you tell me why you think I'm bad? Please be more detailed than your post about the cut of my jib.

Can you tell me more about yourself? How often do you catch scum on Day 1? How often do you act more sure of alignments than you really are? Whats your favorite role? You a site native or migrant mafia player? How long have you been playing?

I'm comfortable with Scotty voting for me early. Doesn't mean he's town but I've played enough with Scotty to kinda get his play style and I think is vote on me matches his style. I don't know you, though.

Am I McStrangepost? What's strange about which post?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:(I don't vote third party very often cause I want my vote to matter.)
That's the problem with this country. :fist:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I will currently be voting one of the following people:

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

They have posted since my request for lie detector statements and failed to make such a statement. DF, FZ, MarMot, and Floyd have not posted since then. The rest of you are potentially cleared.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:I will currently be voting one of the following people:

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

They have posted since my request for lie detector statements and failed to make such a statement. DF, FZ, MarMot, and Floyd have not posted since then. The rest of you are potentially cleared.
But I'm not bad.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

But I'm not bad.
But are you Civ?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Aren't statements made specifically for lie detectors immune to lie detectors?

I seem to remember a conversation to that effect in Unfortunate Events.

I'm town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:(I don't vote third party very often cause I want my vote to matter.)
That's the problem with this country. :fist:
If it makes you feel better, I like Stein better than Johnson and Stein wasn't trying.

There are voting systems that make third party candidates competitive but we don't have one.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

In answer to Epi's question, my vote for Quin is based on a Day 0 ping, odd, uncharacteristic behavior, which I tend to associate with baddies. I am also perturbed by Quin's unwillingness to take my vote seriously. I never really intended to leave my vote there, though. I haven't decided where to move it yet, but Notsawyer, for being wishy-washy, might get it. And JackofHearts, for being annoying and not answering questions seriously, might get it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

I don't make lie detector statements. Vote for me if you don't like it.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

I don't make lie detector statements. Vote for me if you don't like it.
Ok. Vote Llama
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

thellama73 wrote:In answer to Epi's question, my vote for Quin is based on a Day 0 ping, odd, uncharacteristic behavior, which I tend to associate with baddies. I am also perturbed by Quin's unwillingness to take my vote seriously. I never really intended to leave my vote there, though. I haven't decided where to move it yet, but Notsawyer, for being wishy-washy, might get it. And JackofHearts, for being annoying and not answering questions seriously, might get it.
Can you be more specific?

I don't think there's a real question I've been asked that I didn't take seriously.

Convince me you aren't just being opportunistic by saying you might vote for one of the players who already has two votes for no real reason.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:In answer to Epi's question, my vote for Quin is based on a Day 0 ping, odd, uncharacteristic behavior, which I tend to associate with baddies. I am also perturbed by Quin's unwillingness to take my vote seriously. I never really intended to leave my vote there, though. I haven't decided where to move it yet, but Notsawyer, for being wishy-washy, might get it. And JackofHearts, for being annoying and not answering questions seriously, might get it.

I don't think there's a real question I've been asked that I didn't take seriously.

Convince me you aren't just being opportunistic by saying you might vote for one of the players who already has two votes for no real reason.
This post is pretty flippant, but in fairness to you, I think I keep confusing you with Notsawyer, since I don't know either of you. I can't tell you apart. Please try to be more distinctive.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't like the cut of this jackofhearts character's jib. Voting there.
Well I don't like that your avatar is what you'd get if Diablo fucked a sharptooth.

But I don't vote for stupid reason. :keys:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm really looking forward to hearing some Nickelback today.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:I'm really looking forward to hearing some Nickelback today.
+1 Hillary Point for being inclusive of the artistic expressions of other cultures, no matter how inferior.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That's literally the first time anyone has ever said that.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

This post is pretty flippant, but in fairness to you, I think I keep confusing you with Notsawyer, since I don't know either of you. I can't tell you apart. Please try to be more distinctive.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Well I don't like that your avatar is what you'd get if Diablo fucked a sharptooth.

JackofHearts is not sawyer if you know what I mean.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
I really am. You know...
:slick:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Should I have taken Diablo Rex's accusation more seriously at the time?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote:
You have to vote Epi now.
I should have been more specific. I just don't want to SEE the thing anymore. He put it in spoiler tags, so its okay. And he warned me not to look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to hear scotty's response about actually flipping a coin. good catch, Epi.

Referring to the Quin/llama/svs stuff....I think any of the three could be bad atm. BUt if one of them is bad, I think the other two are cleared. If Quin is bad, I don't think llama or SVS would go after their teammate so soon. If llama or svs is bad, I don't think the other would be so obviously in agreement with the other about the alignment of another.

Ephraim wants to send this face. :cloud9: He says, "It's for Dad,"
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I really am. You know...
:slick:
:eek: You are so lame to be able to make that reference.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote:Referring to the Quin/llama/svs stuff....I think any of the three could be bad atm. BUt if one of them is bad, I think the other two are cleared. If Quin is bad, I don't think llama or SVS would go after their teammate so soon. If llama or svs is bad, I don't think the other would be so obviously in agreement with the other about the alignment of another.
Llama bussed Mac, his baddie teammate, on day 1 of the still-ongoing Game of Champions.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Llama

My avatar is anime demigods fighting.

Sawyer's avatar is a baseball bat, possibly named Lucille.

Does that help?

Who would you vote for if you weren't allowed to vote for players you confuse with other players?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Llama

My avatar is anime demigods fighting.

Sawyer's avatar is a baseball bat, possibly named Lucille.

Does that help?

Who would you vote for if you weren't allowed to vote for players you confuse with other players?
Thank you. That does help.

I'm struggling with a lack of strong pings today, if I'm honest. I might vote for FZ, because I found her question about the rules contrived, like Long Con's face.

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

But I'm not bad.
But are you Civ?
How about you run this through your detector,
Wilgy = Baddie.obj || !(Civillian.obj)

I'm regards to PoE, there's 2-3 people I'd protect tonight at this point. I think it to be unwise to share this though. Would you still protect Epi?

@Mac, that's right! I recall now. M'kay.

@Epi, it feels like you are try Harding, porque?

@Jack, if you don't have those do you have a vault of a near infinite amount of swords to launch at people?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by notsawyer540 »

thellama73 wrote:Oh, wait a minute. Notsawyer is the one who apologized for not being entertaining. Same question to you, Notsawyer. Who do you suspect and why?
I was being sarcastic because I had addressed the accusations of being "wishy-washy" earlier in that same post. I'll try to remember to use sarcastic orange from now on. :meany:
MacDougall wrote:Lynch jackofhearts team and we will be sitting pretty.
As several people have already asked, what about him makes you say that? Can you give me or anyone else a solid reason to vote for him? It seems to me that he's just not as adept at playing this game on this forum, which is something I can relate to. There are a lot of intricacies and stuff a lot of you are aware of.
Epignosis wrote:I'm skeptical. First off, how does Scotty drive, text, and flip a coin? :ponder:

Of the votes cast, I find yours, Scotty, to be the least genuine. I don't believe you flipped a coin (how could a coin have multiple sides- surely there were multiple people who qualified as low posters). I'm going to pull the exact quote:

"I actually flipped a coin among a few of you that had low posts and [Jack] came up [...]"

Explain to me how you "actually" (your word) flipped a coin to decide among a "few" (your word again) low posters.
I'm glad you caught that. I totally missed it in my efforts to catch up on the last couple pages.

As far as the vote goes, I'm going to place mine on Scotty until he can explain himself. I'll check back in before the poll closes to make my final decision, but the logic of flipping a coin between more than two options doesn't add up and I find it hard to believe that a civ with good intentions would be so flippant in their decision-making process. We're supposed to be trying to root out the bad guys--not lynch people at random.

That being said, I have not forgotten about Quin and llama's super shady attempt to discredit me. For now I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that it was just a genuine attempt to root out baddies.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

MacDougall
DrWilgy
Quin
thellama73
Jackofhearts2005
Scotty

But I'm not bad.
But are you Civ?
How about you run this through your detector,
Wilgy = Baddie.obj || !(Civillian.obj)
I'm regards to PoE, there's 2-3 people I'd protect tonight at this point. I think it to be unwise to share this though. Would you still protect Epi?
Yup.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Jack

Sawyer
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:@Epi, it feels like you are try Harding, porque?
I don't know what this means. Are you asking me why I am finding mafia? What would you have me do instead?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Not Sawyer

Sawyer
Fixed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shit. Not Sawyer and Jack do look the same.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

notsawyer540 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Oh, wait a minute. Notsawyer is the one who apologized for not being entertaining. Same question to you, Notsawyer. Who do you suspect and why?
I was being sarcastic because I had addressed the accusations of being "wishy-washy" earlier in that same post. I'll try to remember to use sarcastic orange from now on. :meany:
MacDougall wrote:Lynch jackofhearts team and we will be sitting pretty.
As several people have already asked, what about him makes you say that? Can you give me or anyone else a solid reason to vote for him? It seems to me that he's just not as adept at playing this game on this forum, which is something I can relate to. There are a lot of intricacies and stuff a lot of you are aware of.
Epignosis wrote:I'm skeptical. First off, how does Scotty drive, text, and flip a coin? :ponder:

I'm glad you caught that. I totally missed it in my efforts to catch up on the last couple pages.

As far as the vote goes, I'm going to place mine on Scotty until he can explain himself. I'll check back in before the poll closes to make my final decision, but the logic of flipping a coin between more than two options doesn't add up and I find it hard to believe that a civ with good intentions would be so flippant in their decision-making process. We're supposed to be trying to root out the bad guys--not lynch people at random.

That being said, I have not forgotten about Quin and llama's super shady attempt to discredit me. For now I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that it was just a genuine attempt to root out baddies.
Hi, NotSawyer.

What intricacies?

Seems like you're both saying you don't understand why Mac is voting for me AND you think he is voting me cause I'm suspicious because of culture clash/lack of skill/experience.

Which is it?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Image
Jack

Not Sawyer
Fixed.
Fixed it for you. Sawyer was his nickname. His real name was James Ford, not Sawyer.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Heists”