Blue Velvet Mafia {THE END}

Moderator: Community Team

What parts of the game do you feel worked?

Open BTSC + Traditional Mafia Teams
29%
Number of additional teams which slowly arose over the course of the game
21%
Night Event Polls
29%
Flavor Text in Posts/Graphics
21%
Something else {specify in post}
No votes

Total votes: 14
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 pm I guess I will vote for the Doctor in self-defense. Not pleased about it though. Down with Ricochet.
Coward!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 103

Post by speedchuck »

Dog does not like singy man. Cannot eat poppy, Dog does not like to hear about it. Wants kibble, and wants to hunt bad man. Cannot hunt when man sings. Hunt silent, find duck. Oh boy!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Ricochet »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:39 pm Dog does not like singy man. Cannot eat poppy, Dog does not like to hear about it. Wants kibble, and wants to hunt bad man. Cannot hunt when man sings. Hunt silent, find duck. Oh boy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Then you should spot Man- Geee
Slipping from memo-ryyy
From his llama team-mieee
To another lynchee
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

Hey Doc I think my vote is an appropriate answer to your pm'd question, dontcha think?
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 pm Middle of what chats? The ones where Wilgy includes me for no apparent reason other than his own amusement?
Well you're steeped in the LC drama, and now you and G-Man and Wilgy are cavorting.

I mean, once is a coincidence.
So...people PMing me is "cavorting," which is a word I think you should look up before using.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:39 pm Dog does not like singy man. Cannot eat poppy, Dog does not like to hear about it. Wants kibble, and wants to hunt bad man. Cannot hunt when man sings. Hunt silent, find duck. Oh boy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Then you should spot Man- Geee
Slipping from memo-ryyy
From his llama team-mieee
To another lynchee
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 374

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 pm Middle of what chats? The ones where Wilgy includes me for no apparent reason other than his own amusement?
Well you're steeped in the LC drama, and now you and G-Man and Wilgy are cavorting.

I mean, once is a coincidence.
So...people PMing me is "cavorting," which is a word I think you should look up before using.

So you admit it.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Interesting.

G-Man has been protecting either Epi or Hazelnut. His vot pattern this cycle has been atrocious. Voting with momentum, but hardly willing to take the lead.

Once he no longer needed votes on Llama, he moved back to a wagon that wouldn't win.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I swom to jom if there's not an event tonight I'm gonna flip my lid

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 pm Interesting.

G-Man has been protecting either Epi or Hazelnut. His vot pattern this cycle has been atrocious. Voting with momentum, but hardly willing to take the lead.

Once he no longer needed votes on Llama, he moved back to a wagon that wouldn't win.
I think you sent your PM to the three people you believe are bad. Did I solve the puzzle?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Epi, nope I just wanted witnesses.

Why woud I suspect you at the time of that pm?
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

voting for nutella. this is the least involved i'll ever be on a Day 1. I apologize. I've been very far under the weather today but I'm going to work anyway, for some reason. I don't have time to read everything but i'll try to wrap my head around the wilgy case quickly before i go.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 am What do you think of this Dyslexicon/Long Con/Epignosis drama Nutella? Do you find anyone caught up in it suspicious?
Nah, not particularly.

I haven't really seen much reason to suspect anyone yet. As it usually goes on day ones. I'm always wary of Wilgy when he's cryptic like this though. Gonna throw a vote on him just to pick someone (just realized we only have a few hours left and I don't want to miss it)
I put my vote on nutella before I even saw this post. I like my vote more now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 55

Post by S~V~S »

It isn't really a case on Wilgy. He PMed me, saying he thought I was bad, and said he could benefit the baddies highly if they did a thing for him. He has said many contradictory things since then both in thread and out, but I believe he thought I was bad and he tried to make a deal with me.

If he was telling the truth (and I see no reason to think he was not becasue I don't see how he could benefit from it) then he is not someone who benefits the town. And if he is NOT what he told me, then I have no idea why he then started to act evil and cavort about in the thread and in PMs.

He told me I will understand when he flips, and I hope that is so, becasue I am fairly bewildered by him at this stage.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:26 pm @Epi, nope I just wanted witnesses.

I don't know. It was deductive thinking based on your post saying G-Man was protecting me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm A bit over 2.5 hours. I am leaving work now, won't be home for an hour or so.

Gives you plenty of time to try to do whatever it is you are doing, and it gives me time to think about what *I* think you are doing.

Personally I think you are now trying to get people to THINK you want to be lynched, hence the groovy over the top avatar and the "wet caverns of hell" rhetoric. Very fun.

And no BTS because I would rather you say what you have to say in front of everyone. I think the first PM you sent me was the truth of it, and I don't think you expected me to do this. It was a calculated risk, and I don't think you would have done it without a back up plan. But that plan won't involve any private manipulation of me.

Later <3
You reacted exactly as I would expect a player to react after receiving a PM like the one Wilgy sent you. I don't see a reason to vote for him based off this.

linki: seems like standard wilgy behavior to me. "Bewildered" is not the same as "suspicious".
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I wonder how many of you are using the BCC function. :feb:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm A bit over 2.5 hours. I am leaving work now, won't be home for an hour or so.

Gives you plenty of time to try to do whatever it is you are doing, and it gives me time to think about what *I* think you are doing.

Personally I think you are now trying to get people to THINK you want to be lynched, hence the groovy over the top avatar and the "wet caverns of hell" rhetoric. Very fun.

And no BTS because I would rather you say what you have to say in front of everyone. I think the first PM you sent me was the truth of it, and I don't think you expected me to do this. It was a calculated risk, and I don't think you would have done it without a back up plan. But that plan won't involve any private manipulation of me.

Later <3
You reacted exactly as I would expect a player to react after receiving a PM like the one Wilgy sent you. I don't see a reason to vote for him based off this.

linki: seems like standard wilgy behavior to me. "Bewildered" is not the same as "suspicious".
You don't know what he said to me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:05 pm I wonder how many of you are using the BCC function. :feb:
I am not. I *have* been keeping one person in my loop, the person who originally contacted me, but I am either just PMing or forwarding.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:26 pm @Epi, nope I just wanted witnesses.

I don't know. It was deductive thinking based on your post saying G-Man was protecting me.
As well as me saying that Wilgy opened his original PM to me asking if I was bad. I know when you made that post, I nodded.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:40 pm
G-Man wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:33 pm How intriguing! When I moved my vote to Llama, I considered placing it on DrWilgy because he seemed to be blendy but I didn't because it would just add to the vote spread and be his first vote. Voting for Llama held potential for adding to the lynch drama by putting someone in the lead.

If baddies are just going to sit back and let the civvies do all the hard work of building cases against other civvies, then I may as well start looking at the blendy folk. Wilgy fits that description for me thus far.
OK, Wilgy sent me a PM. He asked if I was bad. And told me that if I was and had my bad teammates do a specific thing, something that was good for the bad team (and for Wilgy) would happen.

I am not sure I want to go into any more detail than that. I would like to hear Wilgys explanation. In the thread. He can be cryptic if he likes, I will understand him.

Plus there is also the whole possible "he wants to be lynched" thing to consider. But I think he would not have picked me for that, I think he really thought I was bad. He usually does.
I would expect any player receiving a message like this to bring it to light in the thread. I think Wilgy would have expected you to react this way as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Again, you don't know what he said to me. If it is true, he is not good for the town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 pm Again, you don't know what he said to me. If it is true, he is not good for the town.
what if it's not true?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 pm Again, you don't know what he said to me. If it is true, he is not good for the town.
what if it's not true?
I have no idea why he would lie about this. And the way he reacted to me going right to the thread did not lead me to think it was not true.

I feel surest about a lynch of Wilgy today. Just like you feel surest about Nutella, although I am not sure I agree with you. This is based on what he said to me, and then how he reacted and what he said after I put it to the thread.

I will happily talk about what he said to me when he is gone, and indeed, I have already told one person.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:14 pm
what if it's not true?
I have no idea why he would lie about this. And the way he reacted to me going right to the thread did not lead me to think it was not true.

I feel surest about a lynch of Wilgy today. Just like you feel surest about Nutella, although I am not sure I agree with you. This is based on what he said to me, and then how he reacted and what he said after I put it to the thread.

I will happily talk about what he said to me when he is gone, and indeed, I have already told one person.
Fair enough. I don't have the time to work this out any further anyway. I've got to go. I hope I'm more involved on Day 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 56

Post by insertnamehere »

15 minutes until EOD.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Heh heh heh...

Should I try and save myself? There are afew that I'd like to see me flip.

This is all too fun. It's not often we get to playtest an entirely new mechanic.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... if I vote to save myself, I'll be voting against my suspicions. The life of a coward or a doctor...

UWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Heh he hahahahahahahahahaha!!

Look at my vote! I am most definitely a doctor!! Wuahahahahaha!!
Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: BVM Polls

Post by insertnamehere »

Day 1:

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {NIGHT 1}

Post by insertnamehere »

NIGHT 1

53. EXT. WILLIAMS HOME - EVENING

As Jeffrey leaves the light of the front yard and enters onto the sidewalk, he hears Sandy call out behind him.

SANDY
Are you the one that found the ear?

Jeffrey stops and turns around. Sandy comes up to him.

JEFFREY
Yeah, how did you know?

SANDY
(coyly)
I just know, that's all. I remember you from Central.

54. EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD STREET - EVENING

They slowly walk down the street together.

SANDY
Am I bothering you?

JEFFREY
No, not at all. You a senior?

SANDY
Yes.

JEFFREY
How is Central these days?

SANDY
Terrible. boring.

JEFFREY
What do you know about the ear? Anything?

SANDY
Didn't my father tell you not to talk about it?
(she smiles)

JEFFREY
Come on, you brought it up. Do you know anything?

SANDY
I don't really know much but bits and pieces. I hear things. My room is right above my father's office. The ear. there's no corpse in the morgue missing an ear, and it did come off a living person. That's direct from the Coroner's Office. The person is unknown. There are a couple of cases I get mixed up on, but I think there are some people who were brought in for questioning on a murder case that could have something to do with the ear. A name that keeps coming up is this woman who lives in an apartment building very close to your house and also close to the field where you found the ear.

JEFFREY
It's a strange world, isn't it? Do you know
what building the woman lives in?

SANDY
Yeah. It's close by. that's what's creepy. They've had her under surveillance for a couple of months, except I don't know what they've found out because my father isn't in charge of her.

JEFFREY
I guess you have to get back home soon?

SANDY
Not really, why?
(then she understands)
You want to see the building?. Come on, I'll show you.

CUT TO:

55. EXT. LINCOLN STREET - NIGHT

Jeffrey and Sandy walk through the light of a street light. The street sign "LINCOLN ST" can be read. They walk into darkness and continue down to an apartment building on the right side of the street.

SANDY
(nodding toward building)
That's the building. She lives on the Seventh Floor.

They begin walking slowly back to Sandy's house.

JEFFREY
Did they find out anything when they questioned her?

SANDY
I don't know. like I said, she's not my father's case.

Police sirens can be heard, and an ambulance whizzes past them.
JEFFREY
Looks like there's some sort of commotion.

SANDY
And it's near my house...I'm gonna run and see what this is all about.

CUT TO:

56. EXT. WILLIAMS HOUSE - NIGHT

The windows of the house are broken. Bullet holes line the walls of the house. Mrs. Williams is sitting on the porch, loudly sobbing.

A pair of medics load up Detective Williams into an ambulance. He's covered in blood and bullet wounds.

Sandy arrives on the scene. One look, and she too starts getting emotional, running over to the ambulance and her heavily wounded fathers' side.

SANDY
(whimpering)
Dad? Dad? What...what happened?

DrWilgy has been lynched. He was Detective John Williams.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send in night actions, and to vote in the event poll.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, what he told me was that he was an Indy with no win condition. He asked if I was bad, and told me that if the baddies targeted him, he would join the baddie team. And if I was a baddie, to NK him so he could become a baddie.

Now he appears to have been lynched without an affiliation, so I am going to assume he was being truthful about that and he actually thought I was bad.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ayy fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Detective"

"New mechanic"

"Save himself"

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh by the way I voted.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DH's Friendship with Chuck:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

it was the best Negan and a dog pic I could find, don't read too much into it :haha:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh, I meant Nutella. Thanks for helping me out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Aw, I wanted to post this one:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

D'aw.

(Hi Daisy I see you lurking)

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Scary man with pokey wood stick is friend to Dog.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mutiny is just such a fun word.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 am This is the meatiest post sprityo has made this game:
sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:23 pm Oh boy so what have I gotten myself into this time? A good ole fashioned heist. (Which I can notably tell is not LMS, thanks everyone). Aside from the role having information that would lead one to recognize as such, I'll regard to laying low until I'm confident enough to get into the thick of it. It's been like a solid 2 weeks or more I think since I've last tried to mafia so I'm out of the mindset.

I will say though I've had an interesting day 0/1 so far. I we'll see how long it keeps up
He pledges to lay low at the start of this game. It's a valid strategy. But it's an easy way to coast through Day 1 and maybe beyond. I don't like to let players do that if it can be avoided. So I prodded him:
sprityo wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 pm Changed my vote to sprityo. Tune in later to find out why.
Well?
He's sticking to the game plan, I suppose.

Why do you wish to lay low today, sprit?
mixing it up, after the crazy time in Elementals im changing it back up to safety over content.

also i apologize for missing the vote, i was at work until just a bit ago
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

once day 2 rolls around, ill reveal my "startling revelation" of this past day and night
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Spacedaisy »

You say lurking, I say catching up on eleven pages of stuff I hadn't read yet...

Re:LC - his vague description of his role pm sounds similar to my own. At some point someone said they this was a LMS game and I was operating under that impression, so I missed the fact that this wasn't the case too despite reading my role pm. I believe him.

Clearly Epi thinks or thought that dyslexicon and LC were teammates but I find it unlikely since I think LC is being truthful about the way things went down.

No one has talked to me, unsurprisingly, and I have talked to no one. Guess I'm at a disadvantage. Whatever man. I asked to be replaced but there is no one currently so I'm going to try.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 32

Post by G-Man »

Humble apologies are all I have to offer. Busy at work, which is why I ended up with a drive-by switcheroo. Then I had dinner, a church meeting, and Kid 2 joined the Projectile Vomit Club tonight. Her sister taught her well.

Now where's that life insurance paperwork...
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

I voted to protect Dylexicon, because I like Dyslexiscon.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted for nothing and S~V~S.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Spacedaisy »