Blue Velvet Mafia {THE END}

Moderator: Community Team

What parts of the game do you feel worked?

Open BTSC + Traditional Mafia Teams
29%
Number of additional teams which slowly arose over the course of the game
21%
Night Event Polls
29%
Flavor Text in Posts/Graphics
21%
Something else {specify in post}
No votes

Total votes: 14
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 46

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {NIGHT 1}

Post by Ricochet »

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Has anyone seen daaad
Hope he didn't get maaad
Cuz I did something baaad
And hooked up with a lad
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 374

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:20 pm once day 2 rolls around, ill reveal my "startling revelation" of this past day and night
You could die before then, leak it now.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 pm Clearly Epi thinks or thought that dyslexicon and LC were teammates but I find it unlikely since I think LC is being truthful about the way things went down.
You find it unlikely that I think or thought they were teammates?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Spacedaisy »

No I think it's unlikely you are correct that they are baddies together
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 pm No I think it's unlikely you are correct that they are baddies together
I see.

Are you of the opinion that both are innocent?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh, it's night already? Lol.
Was Wilgy town? His character should be town? Don't alignment show here?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I need to go to bed.

Before I do, I need to get this off my chest: Epi, if you happen to care about what alignment I am - If you try to fit me in the form of what YOU think is logical to do as a player you will fail to understand how I play and therefore fail to read me. When I left the thread you had thsi accusation that I should've waited for Nut to respond (I'm assuming that's what you're picking at) because I said I wanted to see what happen. I DID want to see what happened (the reason I chose Nut was because then she would be the biggest wagon which might've been fun), and then I wanted to see what happened when I voted you instead. I have many many many town games where I'll change my vote within minutes (and probably seconds) because I just change my mind or have many ideas/directions I want to go. This may not be the way YOU think or approach the game, but if you're trying to find a straight line in my play on D1 you will fail. I'm actually way more "consistent" when I'm mafia, cause then I actually care about that stuff. I feel I've had this conversation before on this forum. If you happen to be town in this game, and we play in a later game and a similar situation appears, I will be sure to remind you of this time. Clearly we have very different approaches, cause I can't wrap my brain around how you would ever find that actually suspicious at all - much less call it a straight out lie. You're not inside my head. But you could try, and I'll try the opposite. So that's what I have to say about that.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:15 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 pm No I think it's unlikely you are correct that they are baddies together
I see.

I have no opinion on dyslexicon at this time. I only have the opinion that LC is likely civ.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 pm I need to go to bed.

Before I do, I need to get this off my chest: Epi, if you happen to care about what alignment I am - If you try to fit me in the form of what YOU think is logical to do as a player you will fail to understand how I play and therefore fail to read me. When I left the thread you had thsi accusation that I should've waited for Nut to respond (I'm assuming that's what you're picking at) because I said I wanted to see what happen. I DID want to see what happened (the reason I chose Nut was because then she would be the biggest wagon which might've been fun), and then I wanted to see what happened when I voted you instead. I have many many many town games where I'll change my vote within minutes (and probably seconds) because I just change my mind or have many ideas/directions I want to go. This may not be the way YOU think or approach the game, but if you're trying to find a straight line in my play on D1 you will fail. I'm actually way more "consistent" when I'm mafia, cause then I actually care about that stuff. I feel I've had this conversation before on this forum. If you happen to be town in this game, and we play in a later game and a similar situation appears, I will be sure to remind you of this time. Clearly we have very different approaches, cause I can't wrap my brain around how you would ever find that actually suspicious at all - much less call it a straight out lie. You're not inside my head. But you could try, and I'll try the opposite. So that's what I have to say about that.
If you are trying to claim your innocence by presenting me with a skeleton key regarding how you play when you're good and how you play when you're bad, as though you aren't capable of emulating the former in the latter situation, I'm sorry:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 pm I need to go to bed.

This could also just say: I'm fickle. Get over it. Plus - shouldn't that be obvious by now?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 pm
I see.

I have no opinion on dyslexicon at this time. I only have the opinion that LC is likely civ.
Everybody is "likely" civilian.

Unless INH made up something where there are more mafia than civilians and they only have open BTSC like everybody else.

Which would be kind of neat. :dark:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:35 pmIf you are trying to claim your innocence by presenting me with a skeleton key regarding how you play when you're good and how you play when you're bad, as though you aren't capable of emulating the former in the latter situation, I'm sorry:
That's fine. Call it NAI then. Or call it scum. Call it whatever you like. I'm trying to level the best way I know how. You decide what to do with that, obviously.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 56

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:39 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 pm
I see.

Everybody is "likely" civilian.

Unless INH made up something where there are more mafia than civilians and they only have open BTSC like everybody else.

Which would be kind of neat. :dark:
*discreetly makes note in journal*
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

RIP Wilgy!

Spacedaisy, thellama73, speedchuck, DharmaHelper... you all have voted for mutiny.

What do you think will happen? It sounds interesting, but mutiny is generally a negative kind of thing.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Don't know, thought it might be fun to find out. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 am It sounds interesting, but mutiny is generally a negative kind of thing.
Depends on the master.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 am RIP Wilgy!

Spacedaisy, thellama73, speedchuck, DharmaHelper... you all have voted for mutiny.

What do you think will happen? It sounds interesting, but mutiny is generally a negative kind of thing.
I know what all the other poll options will do. Mutiny is fun and mysterious and it's mutiny for 2. Twice as fun and mysterious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

LC jumped then gun and it's no longer relevant

:clap:

It was more personally astonishing than anything anyways. so dont get too worked up about it
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

EBWOP: the* not "then"
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 am LC jumped then gun and it's no longer relevant

It was more personally astonishing than anything anyways. so dont get too worked up about it
What.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 am LC jumped then gun and it's no longer relevant

What.
dwbi
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

this is already too much attention for me as it is :haha:

back to the dark I go
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:47 am this is already too much attention for me as it is :haha:

back to the dark I go

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Intrigued by mutiny though I have no idea what it means; would be open to any of these events tbh, they all sound fine. Voting LC for protection because I believe he's civ. Could change. Maybe to myself, I'm flattered that I have some votes :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:36 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 am RIP Wilgy!

I know what all the other poll options will do. Mutiny is fun and mysterious and it's mutiny for 2. Twice as fun and mysterious.
Mutiny. Mutiny requires someone in charge. You remove them from being in charge, and you take charge. I agree it sounds fun. But gimme something you think it could mean.
sprityo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 amLC jumped then gun and it's no longer relevant
:o I was just trying to help. :pout: I thought it was a cool plan.
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 amVoting LC for protection because I believe he's civ.
Thanks, nut! :hugs:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Voted DH for protection to help him on his quest to reach Phase 2. Voted "Everyone Has 2 Votes On Day 2" because that's fun-cool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 am Voted DH for protection to help him on his quest to reach Phase 2. Voted "Everyone Has 2 Votes On Day 2" because that's fun-cool.
Good looking out bud.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 55

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 pm You say lurking, I say catching up on eleven pages of stuff I hadn't read yet...

Re:LC - his vague description of his role pm sounds similar to my own. At some point someone said they this was a LMS game and I was operating under that impression, so I missed the fact that this wasn't the case too despite reading my role pm. I believe him.

Clearly Epi thinks or thought that dyslexicon and LC were teammates but I find it unlikely since I think LC is being truthful about the way things went down.

No one has talked to me, unsurprisingly, and I have talked to no one. Guess I'm at a disadvantage. Whatever man. I asked to be replaced but there is no one currently so I'm going to try.
Only one person contacted me and I think that was more to get a feel for me than anything else (until Wilgy) and I have not contacted anyone. Now that I have a better feel for the thread I might today. Or not. I dislike the way open BTS games can sometimes be played in the chatroom rather than the thread, and it's easier to be manipulated in one on one settings. I think there is a lot of deal making going on behind the scenes but keep in mind that not everyone is doing it, so keeping yourself pure, so to speak,might be an advantage since you are less likely to be manipulated.

I am surprised that DH & Speeddog have voted to protect their number one suspect. If you think she's bad, who do you think she needs to be protected from?

Voting the mysterious Mutiny for 2 since that seems to be the thing to do, and voting to protect G Man becasue I am looking forward to hearing more of his insight.

And thanks for votes~ I don't know that I did any good, while Wilgy came up with no affiliation, his role is one I would expect to see as a civvie. But he also baddie camped it up in the thread, so hard to say what happened there. I would like to talk about it, though, since he told me who his suspects were, and while I have reason to disagree with at least one of them, at first I thought it was misdirection but maybe not.

He did seem to want to be lynched there at the end, so maybe he will be back.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't want my number one suspect to get killed in order to frame me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also I think it's funny. Like, public protection? Funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Who's gonna protect meeee
Now that I lost dad-dyyyy
Who will my saviour beeee
Why won't you love me?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 am P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why won't you love me?
While Rico may be lovable and worth protecting <3 , Poppy is just freaking annoying. She just skates through the game hissing at anyone who dares to say anything about her. A flowery No U is still a No U, amirite? That might have something to do with it :shrug:

Rico, 2 thumbs up. P O P P Y? Not so much.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yall better be ready to get buck wild for Day 2

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

But Poppy! What if S~V~S is a baddie and secured a cycle's safe passage for the team by spooking the thread into lynchmobbing da Doc? Doesn't a heist-standard 3-team mafia team with the chance of recruiting a 4th mid-game sound broken af? What's to be done?

All you have to do is follow this steps... Say:

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I can't take Rico seriously at all until he drops his shenanigans. He's basically invisible to me at this point
Banners:
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But... what if POPPY came up with a suspicion not related to someone saying POPPY was annoying? Becasue she is mega annoying :grin:

Look Rico, Wilgy changed his avatar to a Devil and never tried to seriously counter me. He told me he had no affiliation, and he died with no affiliation. Personally I am hoping he comes back becasue if he was telling me the truth, I think he will come back civ. He said if he was NKed he would join the baddies, so I think if he was lynched maybe he will join the civvies. Or maybe he just got a civ win con. Or something, it's Wilgy who knows what his motivations were. I think he derived some benefit from this or he would not have acted as he did. When he changed that avatar, it oddly made me feel both better about him AND about lynching him. I think I did what he wanted, and I think it was a good thing.

Plus this is INH, he WILL push the mechanics envelope whether you think it is broken or not. Have you ever played an INH game?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 103

Post by speedchuck »

Wilgy PMed me and told me their version of the story. Supposedly. It checks out. Anyone else get it?

Dog is gonna step up his game. Can't afford many miscommunications, I'm about to go on vacation and I won't be able to post as much.

Rico, follow my example. D1 was fun. D1 is over.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 32

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 am Voting the mysterious Mutiny for 2 since that seems to be the thing to do, and voting to protect G Man becasue I am looking forward to hearing more of his insight.
Have I any insight? No. No I do not. I admit to phoning it in on Day 1 because RL was busy.

I'm voting for Public Ranking Voting because I have no idea what it means and it sounds fun. Also voting to protect DH for more sassy Negan gifs.

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 am P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Why won't you love me?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If I don't see some suspicions from Poppy that are not OMGUS/No U, then I will vote to lynch. Annoying is one thing, but annoying and wilfully unproductive... that's an ear of a different flavour.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y That's me!

Lynch as invec-tiiiive
Don' sound produc-tiiiive
Why not try to fiiiind
Real baddies to grind
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 103

Post by speedchuck »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:45 am Lynch as invec-tiiiive
Why not try to fiiiind
Real baddies to grind
We are being obstructeeeed
Cause your speech is corrupteeeed
And you might be a baddiiieeee
But you're being too cattyyyyyy

So I have a solutiiiooooon
How about executiiioooonn??
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 am
Why not try to fiiiind
Real baddies to grind

All you have to do is follow these steps... say:

P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y I'm Poppy!
P O P P Y Ain't me!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't suppose any of the power roles are a silencer?

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 32

Post by G-Man »

How appropriate is this? I'm listening to The Moonglows today and stumble upon this little number:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 am
Why not try to fiiiind
Real baddies to grind

:noble: :noble: :noble: Top drawer, good sir.... top drawer!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Me waiting for Day 2

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Blue Velvet Mafia {DAY 2}

Post by insertnamehere »

DAY 2

58. INT. BEAUMONT'S HARDWARE STORE - DAY

Jeffrey is poking around in the back room. He picks up some bug spraying devices. He yells out to an old black man who works in the store.

JEFFREY
Hey, Ed, okay if I borrow these bug spraying rigs later on?

Ed peers into the back room. Spots Jeffrey.

ED
Listen Bud. If you need to spray for bugs, they're yours. It causes me no pain.

JEFFREY
Okidoke Ed. Thanks.

CUT TO:

59. EXT. APARTMENT BUILDING - NIGHT

Jeffrey walks up the front steps and goes in the double outer doors.

60. INT. LOBBY - APARTMENT BUILDING - NIGHT

He looks up and down the mailboxes and finally finds "D. Vallens, Apartment Number 710."

Jeffrey goes into the lobby.

CUT TO:

61. INT. STAIRWAY - APARTMENT BUILDING - NIGHT

Jeffrey climbs the stairs. An OLD LADY is making her way down the stairs. She sees Jeffrey and his rig.

OLD LADY
Well, it's about time you came.

Jeffrey forces a smile at her and after she's gone.

JEFFREY
(to himself)
That's a good sign.

He keeps climbing. He arrives at the Seventh Floor. and finds Number 710. He knocks and waits. He looks around. the hallway is empty.

DOROTHY VALLENS opens the door. She is a very beautiful woman in her late thirties. She has a beautiful full figure, dark eyes, black thick wavy hair. Full red lips. Right now, however, she looks a bit tired and a bit frumpy in an old terrycloth robe.

DOROTHY
Yes? What is it?

JEFFREY
Pest control. Gotta do your apartment.

DOROTHY
Oh God, that stuff stinks.

JEFFREY
(as he goes in)
Nope. It's new stuff, no smell.

DOROTHY
Oh yeah, that's good.

62. INT. DOROTHY'S APARTMENT - DAY

Jeffrey goes all around the baseboards, spraying. All the while, he's getting a good look around the apartment.

There is a window above the kitchen sink out to the fire escape. Jeffrey looks around to see what Dorothy is doing and she is watching him spraying. The apartment is smaller than he thought, so he sprays the kitchen very slowly and makes believe the sprayer is jammed.

Suddenly, there is knocking at the door.

DOROTHY
What is this, Grand Central Station?

She opens the door. Jeffrey looks. It's not Sandy. A MAN, with a leather jacket, is standing there, clutching an envelope. Jeffrey begins to sweat, because the MAN looked around Dorothy to see him.

DOROTHY
He's just the bugman. What's in the envelope?

The Man quickly pushes it into her hands and leaves. With Jeffrey watching, she opens the envelope. A photo is inside. We briefly see a small human figure, and a large amount of blood. Dorothy is shocked. The photo falls to the ground. She collapses onto a nearby couch, eyes watering.

JEFFREY
Miss...are you alright?

DOROTHY
(to no one in particular)
They killed him...they killed my baby.

Dorothy begins to wail, inhumanely. Jeffrey gathers up his sprayer, and nears the door.

JEFFREY
All done here.

Dorothy doesn't even register him.

DOROTHY
I'll kill him...I'll kill that son of a bitch.

Jeffrey gets out of there.

Sprityo has been killed. He was Little Donny.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to vote in the poll.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh boy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

If you wish to mutiny, PM me before the EOD.

Only 2 will be selected.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”