Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Boo, stop being 2015 me ffs.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 126

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Quin »

Aside from his name in post-survival wall post, here's every instance where DF interactions with G-Man.
DFaraday wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:02 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:26 pm I'm not fine with putting such a strategy together based solely on one person's preferences. If Jack wants a list, let's all submit five or six names and select the ones that appear the most. If the plan can indeed thumb the scale in our favor, then it's too important to be nonchalant about picking names.
I agree. I don't even know some of the people on Jack's list. Although I'm really not crazy about this plan, since there's every chance we could end up empowering one or more baddies, who then will immediately take out their fellow power roles. Furthermore, if Mew/Mewtwo are part of the Oceanic Six, we'll spend the game funneling points into a black hole.

I think it might be more effective to allot points this round to a group of six, as suggested, then rotate on future rounds so that other players can get powers. Granted, this strategy pretty much ensures giving Mafia powers, but it would also keep an array of civvie powers in play even if Mafia start NKing power roles.
Discussion of evolution strategies.
DFaraday wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:40 pm If we're still considering alternatives to Jack's list:

G-Man
Boo
DDL
Dyslexicon

Those are the only ones I'm leaning somewhat civ on so far.
Promotion for G-Man to get an evo point.
DFaraday wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:58 pm What don't people like about G-Man? He's not a super high poster, but I'm getting a genuine attempt at helpfulness from him.

Boo, you said before you wanted to lynch LC. Is this still the case?
Soft defence of the guy.
DFaraday wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:20 pm
G-Man wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:47 pm Is anyone suspicious of Dragon D. Luffy or DrWilgy? According to my spreadsheet, neither one has received a vote all game. There's been mentions of them but never any votes. Neverwhere hasn't received any votes either but her circumstances are different. DDL and Wilgy have plenty of content to comb through and haven't had as many things holding them back from the thread. Perhaps these folks haven't been high enough on our suspiciometers or perhaps we collectively latch onto other options that push them aside.

Thoughts?

Linki: well then. Hi there Wilgy. Any other thoughts on Dyslexicon, DDL, or Fred? What other specifics stand out to you?
Wilgy is one of my top suspects today because of his chummy tone with Sprityo. Also his voting record doesn't help him at all. Mac and Fred are also possibilities, so if I can look over their posts and try to find any Sprityo connections. That's a big if right now though.
Talking about suspects.

Overall, it's sunshine and rainbows. I hate sunshine and rainbows.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm voting G-Man. I'm confident he's our evil squid.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

It just dawned on me that we may actually see everyone vote today. That hasn't happened all game.

If I move Neverwhere to a yellow color, I am left looking at DDL, Dyslexicon, and Quin. Of the three, I feel like Dyslexicon or Quin could be the final baddie. Dyslexicon disappeared sometime during Night 1, not to be seen again for ages. Dom was absent until Quin took over mid-game, a-la Golden the Coward 2.0 in Economics Mafia.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 pm It just dawned on me that we may actually see everyone vote today. That hasn't happened all game.

If I move Neverwhere to a yellow color, I am left looking at DDL, Dyslexicon, and Quin. Of the three, I feel like Dyslexicon or Quin could be the final baddie. Dyslexicon disappeared sometime during Night 1, not to be seen again for ages. Dom was absent until Quin took over mid-game, a-la Golden the Coward 2.0 in Economics Mafia.
I do not understand the relevance of either of these.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Quin »

DFaraday wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 pm If we're thinking it's a missed nightkill, Tink and Dizzy come to mind first. Tink's been gone since Night 1, and Dizzy never posted during the night. I think everyone else did, though I'll verify that.
We've been getting kills every night up until now though. I guess Tink could have been sending kills up to this point, but it doesn't seem likely to me.
DF leaves Dizzy out of this post, but it also reinforces the idea that the missed night kill on Night 5 wasn't actually a miss. Since he was here. Yeah.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm expressing surprise at the notion that we may all actually vote finally. This game has been nightmare.

Also, Golden the Coward ;) subbed into Economics and hit the ground running. His tenacity to read and understand made him seem good when we were trying to find the last baddie- him. Hitting a game mid-stream is great cover for a baddie because it takes forever to build up the kind of content required for people to form opinions about you. You also get the benefit of the doubt because you have to catch up on a deeper level. In other words, you may have earned a seat on the back burner as a baddie. By the time I caught on to Golden the Coward, we had maybe 10 minutes left to vote and I had posted in pics and memes all game, so I got lynched at Lylo and the baddies won.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Golden the Coward
Holy shit that settles it.

*votes Quin*

(justkddnnp)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm I'm expressing surprise at the notion that we may all actually vote finally. This game has been nightmare.

Also, Golden the Coward ;) subbed into Economics and hit the ground running. His tenacity to read and understand made him seem good when we were trying to find the last baddie- him. Hitting a game mid-stream is great cover for a baddie because it takes forever to build up the kind of content required for people to form opinions about you. You also get the benefit of the doubt because you have to catch up on a deeper level. In other words, you may have earned a seat on the back burner as a baddie. By the time I caught on to Golden the Coward, we had maybe 10 minutes left to vote and I had posted in pics and memes all game, so I got lynched at Lylo and the baddies won.
To be fair my plan was to lynch you, then Golden (though I had a tinfoil suspicion on Jay I was struggling to fight)

But civs decided to lynch sanmateo, then you. And while I was reading sanmateo as civ and would have tried to protect him, Golden the Coward killed me in the previous night.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm I'm expressing surprise at the notion that we may all actually vote finally. This game has been nightmare.

I meant your comments on me and Dizzy, not the surprise part. I get what you were trying to say now though.

as for this post

um

no!
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I got a few civvies lynched in that game. :disappoint:
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I need to save myself and Never doesn't seem like shes going anywhere.

But I think Gman is not mafia (maybe Mewtwo tho)

But following Dizzy's unexplained vote on Quin makes me feel dead inside.

What do I do
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I know what you mean. The tinfoil-loving conspiracy theorist in me is tempted to vote Quin but Dyslexicon pulling a drive-by on him is odd. Heck, Dyslexicon voting at all is kind of odd. Know what I mean?

We could always vote for Dyslexicon. If we're wrong, at least we'll have talkers left. That doesn't help with Neverwhere though. She talks, just not much. With it being 5v1v1, we could be at risk of Day 9 being the final day. Any way you slice it, being wrong today still leaves a lot of questions for tomorrow.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sounds like a plan.

*votes dizzy*

Night.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

Kay, I didn't get to do what I wanted and have been busy.

I will vote to save DDL. It doesn't make sense for him to be bad based on his actions during the DF lynch.

Assuming he was his teammate, I don't think he would have bussed on DF's second death. I see no incentive to as it was a tie.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The only thing that gives me hesitation is that DDL was barely present for yesterdays events. I can only see a bus scenario if DDL was planning on bussing then swapping near EoD, and just didnt make it.

Regardless Dizzy's a good choice. I think we will have more clarity once they are gone.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I think Dyslexicon might be the least bad choice of the bunch. Even if we're wrong, the game isn't over and the last baddie can't keep Dyslexicon around as a potentially missing vote for the next day. That way the baddie has to win against nothing but players who have been present all game long. Clearing the non-participant smokescreen will even the playing field and make it a battle of wits.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I won't be awake for the lynch post. I'm going to vote for Dyslexicon. Quin may want to move his vote unless he's open to Dyslexicon coming back to tie it up.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 pm I won't be awake for the lynch post. I'm going to vote for Dyslexicon. Quin may want to move his vote unless he's open to Dyslexicon coming back to tie it up.
don't tell me what to do, squid :pout:

i did tho
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Polls]

Post by Epignosis »

Tink wants you to find the Fink.

Poll ended at Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:10 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

boo
No votes

Voters: None

Dragon D. Luffy
15%

Voters: Neverwhere, boo

Dyslexicon
31%

Voters: G-Man, Quin, DrWilgy, Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
No votes

G-Man
No votes

Neverwhere
No votes

Quin
8%

Voters: Dyslexicon

Serena (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Voters: Golden, Marmot, sprityo, Jackofhearts2005, Epignosis, Fredwood

Total votes: 13
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon is unable to battle!

Dyslexicon was Pidgeotto!

Rawr!

It is now Night 8. :mafia:
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Re: Pokemon Mafia [Night 8]

Post by Neverwhere »

Yup. Of course he was.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I guess it was worth a shot. Back to the drawing board.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I see we were a talkative bunch today. :p

If I were to rank everyone from civvie to baddie, it looks more or less like this:

G-Man
Boo & DrWilgy
Neverwhere
DDL & Quin

Anyone else want to make a rainbow?
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:21 pm I see we were a talkative bunch today. :p

If I were to rank everyone from civvie to baddie, it looks more or less like this:

G-Man
Boo & DrWilgy
Neverwhere
DDL & Quin

Anyone else want to make a rainbow?
Why do you suspect DDL? You mention him in your PoE a lot but your only real reference to it is that he was omitted from sprityo's list. Is there anything else?
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DDL
Boo
Wilgy
Gman
Quin
Neverwhere

That is the Inkay/Malamar rainbow list. The Mewtwo rainbow list is a work in progress.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

With one player left hiding, what do rainbows do for us?

been busy today. Sorry for my absence.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No one has been knocked out!

It is now Day 9.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

i like this. If the baddie was blocked, someone knows who they are. If the baddie abstained or failed to send in the kill, they just gave us an extra day to hunt them down.
My Banners:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Can't revote epi. I checked the results but now I'm locked out.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I can't either.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Guys, are you still sending evolution votes?

I was wondering if we could try to reveal who we voted for all game, and maybe try to use that to analyse each other.

Just an idea.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

G-Man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:00 am i like this. If the baddie was blocked, someone knows who they are. If the baddie abstained or failed to send in the kill, they just gave us an extra day to hunt them down.
They didn't. Now we get to endgame with four players instead of three, and it will be decided by RNG.

Unless we get another kill miss.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hey Neverwhere (and apparently Boo) I get that you want to lynch me but will you at least talk to others about the game and discuss your reads while at that?

This "I shall do nothing until DDL is dead" is huring the civs more than anything.

We need to talk as much as we can.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:26 am Guys, are you still sending evolution votes?

I was wondering if we could try to reveal who we voted for all game, and maybe try to use that to analyse each other.

Just an idea.
I like this idea, I'll go flip through my pm's and let you know later.

As for now. It is time for work.
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I evo voted for the following:

D0: Timmer
N1: Dom
N2: Boo
N3: Dom
N4: Boo
N5: Tink
N6: Neverwhere
N7: Tink
N8: [Abstained]

I threw votes at Dom back when he was AWOL because it seemed safe to vote for a non-player rather than risk voting for an active baddie by accident. Then Quin replaced Dom on Day 4, which ended that plan. I abstained last night just to be safe. There's a chance that everyone here has evolved already anyway but I abstained in case the last baddie still needed one more vote.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I tried to fix the poll. How weird is this?

Joy (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
83%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005Jackofhearts2005Jackofhearts2005Jackofhearts2005, Epignosis

:|

It should work now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I gave the idea but Ill also have to wait till I get home to post my votes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am I tried to fix the poll. How weird is this?

Joy (The Hosts, the Non, the Dead)
83%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005Jackofhearts2005Jackofhearts2005Jackofhearts2005, Epignosis

:|

It should work now.
Well, I am a Trump supporter, so...

/sarcasm
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I just sat through a three-hour demo for a potential accounting system upgrade. My brain is fried. I will come back in a few hours when I've calmed down from how chaotic work may become if we pull the trigger on this.
My Banners:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm sure my list will help us in finding this last baddie

Let's compare.
d0 - Missed
n1 - JoH
n2 - LC
n3 - Mac
n4 - G-Man
n5 - Mac
n6 - Quin
n7 - DDL
n8 - Missed
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

d0: Dizzy
n1: Boo
n2: Wilgy
n3: Gman
n4: Nutella
n5: Gman
n6: Boo
n7: Dizzy
n8: Gman
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Not sure what to gather from those, tbh.

I know I want to lynch either Quin or Never tho.

I think I'll ISO them. Brb.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Why'd you give dizzy a point n7 ddl?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I didn't want to repeat previous votes and she was Next Best Thing.

Also I was under the impression I had given more votes to Wilgy.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 am I evo voted for the following:

I threw votes at Dom back when he was AWOL because it seemed safe to vote for a non-player rather than risk voting for an active baddie by accident. Then Quin replaced Dom on Day 4, which ended that plan. I abstained last night just to be safe. There's a chance that everyone here has evolved already anyway but I abstained in case the last baddie still needed one more vote.
Why not just abstain all those other nights?
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm

It would have been boring that way. I voted where I saw something I liked, minus the Dom votes.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

G-Man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm

It would have been boring that way. I voted where I saw something I liked, minus the Dom votes.
I'm talking about the Dom votes. If you're bad, you gave points to a civilian who you knew wasn't going to be around. If you're town, you took a 50 50 shot on an unreadable player. I'd say you were better off not risking it and not giving points at all.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

If the mafia team were strictly alternating their evolution points between them, sprityo should have evolved into Persian before the time he was lynched (since we gave points Night 0, Night 1 and Night 2). He hadn't, therefore they didn't.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It's also totally impossible that Dom was bad and wasn't around to send evo points, screwing with that whole process, by the way. Pinky promise.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”