Who is the serial killer?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Enrique
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
8%
Lunalee
17%
Wasn't there some plot involving Photobucket? What happened with that? (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
75%

Total votes: 12
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 61

Re: Image Mafia Game [END]

Post by G-Man »

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm Image
right before I died I was beginning to get vibes of Vocaroo 1.0 Epi from you and your memes. I was gonna do my best to try to present a case without any words.

you charmed the pants off me until then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

As with just about all the games I play, I had shenanigans. This time is was pretty apparent. For my meme pics I chose to spoof/replicate some of the more useful expressive memes I recalled from Economics and popular memes at large. I was better at replicating some than others:
My Banners:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Lmao yeah those were great G. :clap:

Congrats enri :clap:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

This, is why I tagged Gman to play the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Epignosis »

The Willy Wonka one made me spit out my beer.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

We started narrowing down the field pretty quickly thanks to some fortunate turn of events. With the civvie blocker and cop getting taken out so early, we could focus our hunting on the SK and vig, though the vig became irrelevant after using up his second kill. The combo of lynch results, kill reveals, and my blocks got us down to a small pool of SK suspects until things started going wrong for us.

I see the night we tried to kill Enrique he was protected. We were pretty sure it was him after that anyway. Lynching Mac on Day 3 delayed our hunting pattern. By that point I overplayed my hand by trying too hard and I didn't leave myself enough civvies as potential frame patsies. It came down to Day 4 for us. Had juliets been lynched instead of me (*kicks coin-flip lynch result* :fist: ), I would have blocked Enrique Night 4 to confirm our suspicions and then we could have killed him for good Night 5. There was no way we were going to get him lynched unless the numbers were in our favor. They were just never there by that point.

Wilgy went AWOL, which sealed my fate more than the coin-flip did. It happens. In the end, I'm glad Enrique won. I suspect he went for the tie on Day 4 between me and juliet to try to flush out one of my remaining teammates. If so, it worked. If the baddies can't win, let the SK win. He outplayed everyone long enough. Good game sir!

I liked the way the game worked out with everyone posting images. Kudos to everyone for trying! I built up a nice glossary for Part 2. :D
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was convinced civilians were going to lose this for two reasons, but ultimately they had a shot.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah next game I might use a different system than a coinflip.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:41 pm I was convinced civilians were going to lose this for two reasons, but ultimately they had a shot.
Which ones?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 pm This, is why I tagged Gman to play the game.
I'm glad you did and I'm glad I gave in and signed up. I had fun. The first time I posted in all pictures it was to lower peoples' expectations of me. This second time around I felt like I had to live up to expectations. Go figure I ended up trying too hard as a baddie. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 pm The Willy Wonka one made me spit out my beer.
You mean when I used it to throw sass at Mac? He set himself up for that one. I took that pic and wondered if I'd ever get to use it. Mac accusing people who voted for him was a softball pitch I had to swing at.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:41 pm I was convinced civilians were going to lose this for two reasons, but ultimately they had a shot.
Which ones?
First, I thought the setup was tough for the civilians. I don't just mean the mafia-to-civilian ratio + serial killer. The biggest weapon civilians have is never a role power. It's discussion. The theme removed the biggest tool the civilians had to find mafia.

Second, with four mafia and a serial killer who had to die twice, that leaves little room for error. When I killed Rico the cop, I thought it was over, since, in a game with no nuanced discussion, the cop would be the most practical way of a civilian win.

In the end, I think lynches should decide the direction of the game more than kills, and in this game, there were almost three times as many kills as lynches.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 pm The Willy Wonka one made me spit out my beer.
You mean when I used it to throw sass at Mac? He set himself up for that one. I took that pic and wondered if I'd ever get to use it. Mac accusing people who voted for him was a softball pitch I had to swing at.
I just mean you with the bow from 1987.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I just mean you with the bow from 1987.
I don't own a bowtie but I remembered seeing the girls playing with it the day before. It served its purpose well enough.

Oh yeah, and this post where I attempted to present a case against juliets...
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 pm Image
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:30 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:17 pm

The gif at the end was tongue-in-cheek hint to my badness.
My Banners:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm
Which ones?
First, I thought the setup was tough for the civilians. I don't just mean the mafia-to-civilian ratio + serial killer. The biggest weapon civilians have is never a role power. It's discussion. The theme removed the biggest tool the civilians had to find mafia.

Second, with four mafia and a serial killer who had to die twice, that leaves little room for error. When I killed Rico the cop, I thought it was over, since, in a game with no nuanced discussion, the cop would be the most practical way of a civilian win.

In the end, I think lynches should decide the direction of the game more than kills, and in this game, there were almost three times as many kills as lynches.
A correction, since multiple people thought the same thing: the serial killer could only survive a kill, not a lynch. It was designed to protect him against mafia but still leave him vulnerable to town.

But yeah, kill numbers were too much. Blame the loonies at my other forum for suggesting I added "more kill fun" and me for not knowing better and listening to them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

With that said, I do like to have more kills in games than the Syndicate average. I usually assume they will be dampened by doctors and roleblockers, though. And that usually happens. Meh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 48

Post by MacDougall »

Three games ended today in which I was a civ. Civilians lost them all! World's worst civ.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Ricochet »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 pm

But yeah, kill numbers were too much. Blame the loonies at my other forum for suggesting I added "more kill fun" and me for not knowing better and listening to them.
If you want my opinion, I don't think they were. Mafia kill + SK kill was not an uncommon thing in the past here, so that's two kills per night, with the concept of lynch outweighing kills not applying in such scenarios. You just added two more vig kills, which the vig chose to use right away, so sometimes it was three because of that. I for one liked the swiftness and Naruto-ness of this game, even if I was at the receiving end on such bloody nights.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 87

Post by dunya »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:02 am I for one liked the swiftness and Naruto-ness of this game, even if I was at the receiving end on such bloody nights.
honestly, me too. Some fast paced games in the midst of months long Jobs is refreshing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 62
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Haha I protected GMan and Enrique - Enrique twice. I almost protected Luna instead but I don't guess it would have mattered. Fun game DDL, I'm glad I decided to play after all. One thing I want to know though, from a strategy standpoint if you are about to get lynched and you have a power role is it the right thing to do to claim? I wasn't sure so I did. I should have known all the people who voted for me were bad since no one moved a vote after I claimed. I protected myself the night after I claimed - I should have waited and protected myself the next night. Oh well. Was fun anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well to each their own I suppose.

If it makes you guys happy, Girl Genius has a lot of kills too. Though it should be slower overall because more players.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:51 am Haha I protected GMan and Enrique - Enrique twice. I almost protected Luna instead but I don't guess it would have mattered. Fun game DDL, I'm glad I decided to play after all. One thing I want to know though, from a strategy standpoint if you are about to get lynched and you have a power role is it the right thing to do to claim? I wasn't sure so I did. I should have known all the people who voted for me were bad since no one moved a vote after I claimed. I protected myself the night after I claimed - I should have waited and protected myself the next night. Oh well. Was fun anyway.
Usually it is. Getting lynched with a PR in such a game is worst case scenario. You only keep a secret if you think you can still get away without claiming. Like, your #1 priority is to not get lynched, and #2 is to not get night killed, so you claim to avoid 1, but you do that as late as possible to avoid 2.

In your case though there wasn't guarantee of survival, because mafia had janitors. So people could believe the doctor was Epi or Nutella and that you were lieing. This is why I put janitors in the game, btw.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 62
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I forgot to say congrats Enrique! That was quite an achievement. My SK win in another game is my proudest win so I know it feels good.

Also, someone already asked but I didn't see an answer: Rico, did those images mean anything?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

glad to know the guy who murdered me at least went on to win the game
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

good job eko :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:03 am I forgot to say congrats Enrique! That was quite an achievement. My SK win in another game is my proudest win so I know it feels good.

Also, someone already asked but I didn't see an answer: Rico, did those images mean anything?
Of course.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So, [mention]Dr. White[/mention] sneaked in here while I wasn't looking, copied this game mechanic and forced 40 people in another game to follow it.

And put my name on it.

https://www.narutoforums.org/goto/post? ... t-58355281
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm divided between feeling bad for those people, and laughing.

Leaning on the later.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:36 pm So, @Dr. White sneaked in here while I wasn't looking, copied this game mechanic and forced 40 people in another game to follow it.

And put my name on it.

https://www.narutoforums.org/goto/post? ... t-58355281

Return to “Previous Side Missions”