Mafia: A World Asunder - SIGNUPS!!!

Moderator: Community Team

Will you enter this sundered Realm?

Yes - Give me one of those delicious roles!
84%
Maybe - I'll just leave my vote here until it's a Yes
No votes
No - I am generous enough to let others have all the fun
11%
Host - host host host
5%

Total votes: 37
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - SIGNUPS!!!

Post by Sloonei »

Somebody better need to be replaced, I swear to gawd.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

“Trickster - Has an aura of three squares, within which any info that is given or received will be corrupted in the Trickster’s favour. When the Trickster kills, that kill can be forged. When the Trickster enters BTSC, it may be under any name.”

My face when LC uses my coined term for messing with role reveals :p <3
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 pm “Trickster - Has an aura of three squares, within which any info that is given or received will be corrupted in the Trickster’s favour. When the Trickster kills, that kill can be forged. When the Trickster enters BTSC, it may be under any name.”

Really? Wow, that term is so slick that I thought it was just common Mafia parlance I didn't know before, like busdrive. It's in the books now. :noble:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

woohoo enri and svs joined!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:20 pm Somebody better need to be replaced, I swear to gawd.
I’ll tap out for you, Sloon. :hug:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:20 pm Somebody better need to be replaced, I swear to gawd.
I’ll tap out for you, Sloon. :hug:
No.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 44
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:41 pm woohoo enri and svs joined!
squeeeeeee! Can't wait to play with them both! Such an awesome player list.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:29 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 pm “Trickster - Has an aura of three squares, within which any info that is given or received will be corrupted in the Trickster’s favour. When the Trickster kills, that kill can be forged. When the Trickster enters BTSC, it may be under any name.”

Really? Wow, that term is so slick that I thought it was just common Mafia parlance I didn't know before, like busdrive. It's in the books now. :noble:
I am fairly sure I heard it as early as the Piano, but as you say it's fairly common terminology.

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:41 pm woohoo enri and svs joined!
squeeeeeee! Can't wait to play with them both! Such an awesome player list.
I am looking forward to it, too.

I asked LC to let me know when start ups happened, I love Long Rock games <3 And yeah, I missed you guys.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

@S~V~S, I was just reminiscing about your outted baddiness (or maybe you were a bad indie) in Dexter - I think it was Dexter - where you said my favorite line in response to people digging at you:

yawn

files nails

Such a magnificent baddie you were.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You :blush: (I had forgotten l'il green blush, lol) I think I posted this, except it prolly wasn't a gif.

I had some good luck in that game.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:05 pm Thank You :blush: (I had forgotten l'il green blush, lol) I think I posted this, except it prolly wasn't a gif.

I had some good luck in that game.
I plan on tunneling you hard, ma’am. I know full well what you’re capable of.

:smoky:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by timmer »

I would like to be bad with SVS, tbh. I don't think it happened much over the years.
My siggie.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ColinIsCool »

Okay I know I literally just said I was too busy to play but that said ... how much more complicated than a regular full role game is this due to map mechanics?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Not much more complicated... except for the host. Just more fun!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:15 am Okay I know I literally just said I was too busy to play but that said ... how much more complicated than a regular full role game is this due to map mechanics?
Colin, from a player perspective I find LC/BR map games to be no more complicated than regular games. Take Hogwarts for instance - this map game will be less complicated than that game but just as much fun. The player list alone is spectacular.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Colin you're getting undersold on the complexity of the map lol. It adds a few new wrinkles for you to consider, both from your perspective and the perspective of what your fellow players might be up to. As a civvie you might feel very alone at times. That said, it's a LOT of fun as long as you don't get too frustrated from feeling lost, just enjoy the adventure.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I once thought about making a One Piece game with map mechanics but thought it would be too crazy.

This game will be... educative, hopefully.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:27 am Colin you're getting undersold on the complexity of the map lol. It adds a few new wrinkles for you to consider, both from your perspective and the perspective of what your fellow players might be up to. As a civvie you might feel very alone at times. That said, it's a LOT of fun as long as you don't get too frustrated from feeling lost, just enjoy the adventure.
That's my secret - i'm always lost
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dunya »

aww cbob is playing, i've really missed playing with you cbob.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I A World Reborn, I had a rule that players couldn't refer to specific map coordinates in-thread, like "there's a sweet bonus on G9, get there!" I can't remember why I made that rule.

Is there any reason why that should be a rule? Help me out here, maybe I'm missing something unbalancing.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:05 pm I A World Reborn, I had a rule that players couldn't refer to specific map coordinates in-thread, like "there's a sweet bonus on G9, get there!" I can't remember why I made that rule.

Is there any reason why that should be a rule? Help me out here, maybe I'm missing something unbalancing.
I think initially you didn't want players discussing square btsc/ square happenings in the thread, just to maintain the integrity of the game, but it ended up unavoidable to an extent. Imo, trying to carefully step around that rule ends up being less fun than outright abusing it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:05 pm I A World Reborn, I had a rule that players couldn't refer to specific map coordinates in-thread, like "there's a sweet bonus on G9, get there!" I can't remember why I made that rule.

hmmm...it seems like people should be able to pass along the information if they want but I don't quite understand why someone would tell the entire thread where the bonuses are...oh I just had an idea, I'll pm you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The thing I'm more concerned about is there be some way to shut down what appje did in Lost I think when he almost broke the game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 pm The thing I'm more concerned about is there be some way to shut down what appje did in Lost I think when he almost broke the game.
We were able to avoid it in A World Reborn... I know I had made some changes to cover it. Something about demanding role PMs in shared-square BTSC? Very naughty stuff, not allowed.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:49 pm

I think initially you didn't want players discussing square btsc/ square happenings in the thread, just to maintain the integrity of the game, but it ended up unavoidable to an extent. Imo, trying to carefully step around that rule ends up being less fun than outright abusing it.
Yeah, I have imagined the tedious thread interactions that narrow down a reference without using coordinates. No one wants that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:02 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 pm The thing I'm more concerned about is there be some way to shut down what appje did in Lost I think when he almost broke the game.
We were able to avoid it in A World Reborn... I know I had made some changes to cover it. Something about demanding role PMs in shared-square BTSC? Very naughty stuff, not allowed.
Yes he was a very naughty boy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:47 pm aww cbob is playing, i've really missed playing with you cbob.
<3

Missed yall too
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tranq »

I like this rule. It's more fun to discover new squares by yourself or hear about them through BTSC.
Without it we could have the full map revealed in the first couple of days.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Tranq wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:47 pm

I like this rule. It's more fun to discover new squares by yourself or hear about them through BTSC.
Without it we could have the full map revealed in the first couple of days.
You know, the more I think about this the more I agree with Tranq. I think I wouldn't want people to have to dance around where the specific place on the map is as long as they are revealing it in btsc. And even that can be a danger (except for mafia btsc) because what if the person on your square with you is mafia. But announcing it in the thread just seems...too easy - not challenging enough. With that said LC I will be fine with whatever you decide.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I didn't play a World Reborn but my opinion is that you should allow any kind of reveal as long as you don't have a reason to fear it will break the game. The more things the players can do, the better.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:12 pm I didn't play a World Reborn but my opinion is that you should allow any kind of reveal as long as you don't have a reason to fear it will break the game. The more things the players can do, the better.
:nicenod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Besides Tranqs point that barring in thread reveals is just more fun and makes the game more intriguing, I think that revealing everything in thread reduces strategic opportunity, especially for the Mafia, or any player who might benefit from manipulating info (which knowing LC/BR roles may be civ or indy as well). Players controlling information flow via BTSC also encourages people to want to move around a lot, and it also gives the civs more chances to catch the baddies in lies.

I think the no info dumps in thread rule is a good one, but as others have said, whatever LC/BR decide is A-OK with me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just want to share a blast from the past. In the first game in the series, Mafia: A World Apart, Yin and Yang were roles:

Yin – White twin, has BTSC with Yang. Looks good on odd nights, bad on even nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yang dies.

Yang – Black twin, has BTSC with Yin. Looks good on even nights, bad on odd nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yin dies.

If both Yin and Yang are alive, they may discover one player’s alignment each night. Yin and Yang do not join a team while both are alive. They can win by being the last players alive, but if one dies, the other’s alignment is stuck (if evil, the team they join will be decided by a coin toss). Yin and Yang can kill one another on any night they choose.

In this post, Ikkl Genius (Yin) confessed that he killed Diamond Dog (Yang) on Night 6. He claims to be Yang, killing his partner before his partner could betray the Civs and join a baddie team. This post actually convinced the Civs for some time, and I'll always remember it. Ikkl had killed DD to specifically join the baddies.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Nows a perfect time to go harass RYM and MU for some players :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:48 am Just want to share a blast from the past. In the first game in the series, Mafia: A World Apart, Yin and Yang were roles:

Yin – White twin, has BTSC with Yang. Looks good on odd nights, bad on even nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yang dies.

Yang – Black twin, has BTSC with Yin. Looks good on even nights, bad on odd nights. Seeming alignment becomes permanent if Yin dies.

If both Yin and Yang are alive, they may discover one player’s alignment each night. Yin and Yang do not join a team while both are alive. They can win by being the last players alive, but if one dies, the other’s alignment is stuck (if evil, the team they join will be decided by a coin toss). Yin and Yang can kill one another on any night they choose.

In this post, Ikkl Genius (Yin) confessed that he killed Diamond Dog (Yang) on Night 6. He claims to be Yang, killing his partner before his partner could betray the Civs and join a baddie team. This post actually convinced the Civs for some time, and I'll always remember it. Ikkl had killed DD to specifically join the baddies.
Diamond Dog! One of my favorite players of all time. Can't someone find him and convince him to play?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Diamond Dog taught me everything I know about being an FEB. The original.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by insertnamehere »

me looking at the roles, set-up, and player list

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

I heard a rumor one of the secret roles is Prince Negan of Shit Mountain.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:42 am Diamond Dog taught me everything I know about being an FEB. The original.
He could make the sketchiest thing sound reasonable. He was always a FEB role model for me :feb:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Quin »

i change to a yes in the hopes this wont start for another week
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:43 pm i change to a yes in the hopes this wont start for another week
YAY we just need 6 more!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

6 more lessgo
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention]

Glad to see you again, brother.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

juliets sent me a private message with like 11 exclamation points so i guess i should sign up
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:30 am juliets sent me a private message with like 11 exclamation points so i guess i should sign up
Jesus Kyle, you weren't signed up already??

:puppy: :puppy: :puppy:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:36 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:30 am juliets sent me a private message with like 11 exclamation points so i guess i should sign up
Jesus Kyle, you weren't signed up already??

:puppy: :puppy: :puppy:
i didn't want to seem desperate by signing up early
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

how many players does this bad boy fit inside it
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Five more for a comfortable total of 30.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok now if 5 more people can convince one other person to join we will be there!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] ppllleeeeeaassssee
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”