25%

Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:42 am I have no idea what mechanical wrinkles LC and BR have installed for their version of Inception. There's already one key difference: we are in a new thread and presumably new dream level, but we have a poll. None of the private voting hoopla that everyone found so enjoyable is in effect -- and those mechanics were necessary to facilitate the "kicks". Without that, it's possible there's a real lynch at work here. Who knows. I suggest we proceed with that assumption, or more generally just lynch a suspect the way we would any ordinary lynch. In the real game people goofed around in the lower levels to their detriment out of uncertainty.
I completely forgot that private voting was a thing. That does change things. Either way, I see no benefit in approaching this day as anything other than a regular game of mafia, but with a reduced pool.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:43 am It's neat to be dreaming! After hosting the game twice and never getting to participate, this is excellent.
i'm amused that we're in this together.
we should complain about everything
I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ISO WHEN I LOST ACCESS TO THE MAIN THREAD, LITERALLY A BROKEN AND UNWINNABLE GAME
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

B A S T A R D
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Clicking links to nowhere in Sloonei's Mac review.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Mac calls on Michelle (along with Dom) to support his read on nutella. Michelle ain't got no clue what he's talking about and Mac spells it out for her. This feels like a genuine miscommunication that might not exist if they're teammates who can coordinate a move like this, but I may be overestimating the coordination between this hypothetical pairing. My inclination is to lean in favor of Michelle here.
This appears to be the most immediately usable bit from Sloonei's review. There's not a ton to be done with this, as it's one post with a minor role to play in the grand scheme of the 2019 Game of Champions. I highlighted a bit that I think could reflect decently upon Michelle, as the language has a sort of arrogant underpinning that a mafioso may be more inclined to operate with when talking to a non-teammate: let me tell you what you should be thinking. It's a small point, but it's something so sure k.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm G-man is the player in our midst who I've had the most substantial reason to suspect, but I started to cool on that as yesterday wore on. Without the luxury of the other thread, I can't review his posts for interactions with sabie/radishes/sig right now. If G-man is mafia, I link him directly to Radishes (and the other two by extension), which would make him the Anti-Monitor, which means he begins each day with -2 votes. A player beginning each day with a handicap like that might play differently. Votes are less worrisome, but heavy suspicion is a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts about G-man's viability as that role? I... don't know what that those thoughts would look like in a thread environment where there's no access to past days.
I think someone's approach to the specific mechanics of that role is dependent upon their general style and thus case-by-case at best. I am inclined to say that anyone who appears viably connected with that team is a viable candidate for that role. G-Man is viable accordingly. Regardless, you raise an important notion: we are in a thread of six people. If that role is present and opens the day at -2, lynching him or her is going to be quite difficult. Be wary of shenanigans y'all.

I hate shenanigans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:05 pm [VOTE: michelle] aubergine

Because I lack a read on her.
Wow. Solid.
Good morning to you too ^^

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dream level like in inception game, i love this. Instead that ocean of posts a small banter in 6.
Let's go!

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm G-man is the player in our midst who I've had the most substantial reason to suspect, but I started to cool on that as yesterday wore on. Without the luxury of the other thread, I can't review his posts for interactions with sabie/radishes/sig right now. If G-man is mafia, I link him directly to Radishes (and the other two by extension), which would make him the Anti-Monitor, which means he begins each day with -2 votes. A player beginning each day with a handicap like that might play differently. Votes are less worrisome, but heavy suspicion is a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts about G-man's viability as that role? I... don't know what that those thoughts would look like in a thread environment where there's no access to past days.
You suspect him and you are voting me? How this works? Asking from curiosity..
Because the cyan tolds me you don't have on GMan a better read than for me.
And between a possible wolf in your eyes who is active and really playing you choose to vote an inactive who didn't have influential posts on the game but helped to lynch 2 wolves. Do I look like the happy busser im any of these teams?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Reposting the VCs would be awesome but I made them directly on the forum :/

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I wanted to make an Iso for Speed. I still have the posts, maybe they are useful :shrug: unfortunately timings and thread flow are hidden.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 pm Saitama is mafia? We might as well give up now.
Mac flipped Saitama. Replacing with "Mac is mafia? We might as well give up now." made me chuckle ^^
It's just my imagination, not a real game thought.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:47 pm I've not voted yet so I haven't seen the poll. Who is in the 4th slot on Nutella, Jack, and/or me?

Thar be scum. Bet me.
Yay! Someone else ascribes to the "fourth is scum" theory of vote trains!
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:50 pm Upon further reflection of ISOs both of these wagons are shiiiiiiiiiiiny turds.

Nutella I can see why people suspect her. The interactions starting when Mac wagoned on look pretty bad. But lynching nutella D1 after she gets defensive over some tunneling is wonky.

I have no idea why anyone would vote Master Radishes.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.
I dunno, I was suspicious of Sig for a reason I think. Let me look back.

Ah, yes, it was his crappity crap reasons for still wanting to lynch nutella after Jack recanted. He overcompenisated for his position by throwing a bunch of bad reasons in with the good.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.

Ah, yes, it was his crappity crap reasons for still wanting to lynch nutella after Jack recanted. He overcompenisated for his position by throwing a bunch of bad reasons in with the good.
1. Reason wasnt crappy
2. Was laying out my thought process. :shrug:

It would be imo so much worse to instantly switch off since Jack changed his mind, especially since I didnt base my vote solely off his read and two she wasn't a civ?

Not to mention I stated a few times she wasnt my top lynch which Is why I switched off once things evened our a bit.
Some of your reasons were crappy. And you had some perfectly good reasons. Overcompensating to justify staying on nutella. Meh. Minor sus.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 pm Having read over the last two pages, Dys and Dom are my top townreads. Their votes are on people I would like to see lynched.

I got twenty minutes. Lets go.
Expand on this, mr chuck
I got weird vibes from Ted D1, and then he appeared reluctant to address Dizzy's 'scumslip' on him. It wasn't the slip itself that bothered me, but his forced nonchalance about it? Something like that. Lol at her flipping votes, though. :p

The Mac read is nothing special. I agree with what Jay said about his Dom post, and a few other sentiments expressed in the past two pages.

Dizzy and Dom both seemed like fairly stable, level heads in the thread D1. I like town dizzy and town dom.

Bonus: I don't care to lynch G-man.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:44 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 pm Having read over the last two pages, Dys and Dom are my top townreads. Their votes are on people I would like to see lynched.

I actually wanna hear this :haha:
There's not much to hear, yo. You give me vibes. Even with this post you give me vibes.

"Someone suspects me!? I LAUGH! Tell me of this inconsequential suspicion, fellow townie, and we'll work it out over tea." It's, just, it doesn't feel genuine.
It comes more from a PoV of me having a civ role and transparently laying out my thoughts, which would make me believe I'm obvious town (I never filter my thoughts) and me never being mislynched in one year of mafia is also contributing towards this. I'd rarely been suspected as town so I have high expectation when such claims occur.

Ok, I got lynched once but that was when I was on a holiday at the sea and I didn't care enough to stress myself
Too calculated a response. Bad.

I mean, if you're seriously genuine here, then you have an ego the size of a train and self-analysis out the butt. It doesn't read like transparently laying out thoughts.

So hey, if you never get mislynched, and we lynch you today, then you must be scum, right? Otherwise you wouldn't get lynched.
voted Ted just after but asked by Nanook he switched to voting Mac
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:02 pm I would, right now, vote sig, TH, Mac, and anyone who has appealed to emotion. I would murder the emotion right out of this game.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 pm So we can start with him.

But I have a hit list, and I'm considering putting you on it.

[VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:50 am On a whim, I took a screenshot of one of Michelle's posts to help me start to straighten out the multi-team suspicions. Here's Michelle's data, updated with the latest night post results:

Red = Team Master
Purple = Team Anti-Monitor
Orange = 3P
Green = Civvie

Day 1:
1 DIZZY - Tony
1 JACK - Sprityo
1 JJJ - Radishes
6 RADISHES - JJJ, Ted, SVS, Michelle, Sloonei, Dizzy
1 NANOOK01 - Sig
6 NUTELLA01- Nanook01, Turnip, Sabie, Jack, Mac, Dom
2 SPEED - Epi, Nutella01

Day 2:
1 G-MAN - Ted
7 MAC - Speed, Sig, Jack, Dom, Sabie, Sprityo, Nanook02
9 RADISHES - Tony, JJJ, SVS, Sloonei, Epi, Juliets, Mac, Colin, Turnip
2 SLOONEI - Dizzy, G-Man
3 TURNIP - Michelle, Tranq, Radishes

Day 3:
2 JACK - Turnip, Mac
10 MAC - Ted, Tony, G-Man, Jack, Michelle, Nanook02, Sig, Sprityo, Epi, Tranq
8 SIG - Colin, SVS, Sloonei, Dom, Speed, Nutella02, JJJ, Juliets

Sig being the Architect allows us to fill in his color along with the civvies who died last night. That leaves just one on Team Anti-Monitor (the titular role) and three still unknown from Team Master.

Let's all look at this and digest it a bit. This Inception stuff just splits us up. It didn't change alignment (at least not mine). I'll post some observations relevant to this group tomorrow.
Thanks GMan, i strongly doubt mafia would post such useful tool.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:32 pm Is SVS essentially a stump now?
Ohh exactly, didn't think of it that way but that's what she is.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:43 am It's neat to be dreaming! After hosting the game twice and never getting to participate, this is excellent.
i'm amused that we're in this together.
we should complain about everything
This is priceless! As is Sloonei's response!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Mac calls on Michelle (along with Dom) to support his read on nutella. Michelle ain't got no clue what he's talking about and Mac spells it out for her. This feels like a genuine miscommunication that might not exist if they're teammates who can coordinate a move like this, but I may be overestimating the coordination between this hypothetical pairing. My inclination is to lean in favor of Michelle here.
This appears to be the most immediately usable bit from Sloonei's review. There's not a ton to be done with this, as it's one post with a minor role to play in the grand scheme of the 2019 Game of Champions. I highlighted a bit that I think could reflect decently upon Michelle, as the language has a sort of arrogant underpinning that a mafioso may be more inclined to operate with when talking to a non-teammate: let me tell you what you should be thinking. It's a small point, but it's something so sure k.
I agree this is a gl for Michelle not being on Mac's team.

Michelle, what was your read on speedchuck based on all those posts?

Well, it's early here and no one is up so I will probably go back to sleep for a bit. This is going to be a hard decision on who to lynch. I'm glad Sloonei and Jay are here because hopefully they will remember some of their analysis.

[mention]Long Con[/mention] thanks for giving us the roles at least so we can see what sig's role is and also have the list to reference.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 34

Post by G-Man »

Only going off of the color-coded votes, I make the following observations:

-JJJ and Sloonei have voted on the same train all three days.

-All of JJJ and Sloonei’s votes have been for members of Team Anti-Monitor. This makes them both compatible with Team Master.

-Michelle voted once for both baddie teams and once for an unconfirmed player. This makes her hard to read.

-Looks like Day 1 ended before Speed, Juliets, and I voted. This makes analysis hard as well.

-Juliets D2 and D3 voted were for Team Anti-Monitor.

-Speed’s two votes are split across the two baddie teams. That muddies the waters.

-I voted for an unconfirmed and bounced between sig and Mac D3. Good luck with that.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I find the Interactive analyses more helpful than VCA in this game. I'm hoping [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] and Sloonei can remember some of what they did as pertains to the people in this group. The only one I remember is that S~V~S had high compatibility with Mac (I remember that one because it was recent and I was seeing S~V~S as town) but that one is no longer relevant.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I do hope S~V~S and nutella are allowed to talk in here and not just to whoever is in the main thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh, scary thought. What if we’re all on the poll in the other threads but we can only see us because we’re the only ones this deep down? Maybe Jay and Sloonei can speak to that if their Inception game worked that way.
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:58 am Oh, scary thought. What if we’re all on the poll in the other threads but we can only see us because we’re the only ones this deep down? Maybe Jay and Sloonei can speak to that if their Inception game worked that way.
I can tell you that's not the way their game worked but who knows about this one. I kind of doubt it though because the original wasn't that way.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok I'm off to work. Not sure when I will be home today, have a good day everyone!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Someone was saying Sloonei was likely on a mafia team in the main thread a while ago, but I don't remember the details at all.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Juliets gives me homework to do but i didn't find her stance in this matter. I wonder why. Let's say she has good intentions but I dislike the question mixed in a post, when she usually pings to obtain answers.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 pm Saitama is mafia? We might as well give up now.
this post, wether is from a player who knows the original role which is NAI, or is mafia from any team who thinks mentioning a scum member may look good.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:47 pm I've not voted yet so I haven't seen the poll. Who is in the 4th slot on Nutella, Jack, and/or me?

Thar be scum. Bet me.
Yay! Someone else ascribes to the "fourth is scum" theory of vote trains!
The midmeld with Radishes is worrisome
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:50 pm Upon further reflection of ISOs both of these wagons are shiiiiiiiiiiiny turds.

Nutella I can see why people suspect her. The interactions starting when Mac wagoned on look pretty bad. But lynching nutella D1 after she gets defensive over some tunneling is wonky.

I have no idea why anyone would vote Master Radishes.
I take from this that he TRs Radishes ot they are buddies.

Radishes talks relaxed about scumbuddies and Speed comes with a suspicion at Sig. This can be scum theatre, but it can be nothing as well. In the context comes at -1, i don't believe in coincidences.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm

1. Reason wasnt crappy
2. Was laying out my thought process. :shrug:

It would be imo so much worse to instantly switch off since Jack changed his mind, especially since I didnt base my vote solely off his read and two she wasn't a civ?

Not to mention I stated a few times she wasnt my top lynch which Is why I switched off once things evened our a bit.
Some of your reasons were crappy. And you had some perfectly good reasons. Overcompensating to justify staying on nutella. Meh. Minor sus.
This chain is suspicious and may very well be a scum team interaction, to not receive a further "they didn't interact itt". The only good thing is Speed voted for Sig but i don't remember when and the poll positions don't reflect the order of the votes iirc
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm

Expand on this, mr chuck
I got weird vibes from Ted D1, and then he appeared reluctant to address Dizzy's 'scumslip' on him. It wasn't the slip itself that bothered me, but his forced nonchalance about it? Something like that. Lol at her flipping votes, though. :p

The Mac read is nothing special. I agree with what Jay said about his Dom post, and a few other sentiments expressed in the past two pages.

Dizzy and Dom both seemed like fairly stable, level heads in the thread D1. I like town dizzy and town dom.

Bonus: I don't care to lynch G-man.
Maybe is Speed speciality but this post is more a word salad, no offense.. Maybe is just me who don't understand it's meaning.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:44 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm

I actually wanna hear this :haha:
There's not much to hear, yo. You give me vibes. Even with this post you give me vibes.

"Someone suspects me!? I LAUGH! Tell me of this inconsequential suspicion, fellow townie, and we'll work it out over tea." It's, just, it doesn't feel genuine.
It comes more from a PoV of me having a civ role and transparently laying out my thoughts, which would make me believe I'm obvious town (I never filter my thoughts) and me never being mislynched in one year of mafia is also contributing towards this. I'd rarely been suspected as town so I have high expectation when such claims occur.

Ok, I got lynched once but that was when I was on a holiday at the sea and I didn't care enough to stress myself
Too calculated a response. Bad.

I mean, if you're seriously genuine here, then you have an ego the size of a train and self-analysis out the butt. It doesn't read like transparently laying out thoughts.

So hey, if you never get mislynched, and we lynch you today, then you must be scum, right? Otherwise you wouldn't get lynched.
voted Ted just after but after, asked by Nanook, he switched to voting Mac.
My understanding on Ted's play (playing with him since summer) is that he has strong beliefs and shares them itt. Sometimes he is wrong but as villager he is like a rock. His posts are not scummy for me. Scum would not be so relaxed i think. But Speed finds him wolfy, and is more like it's a whim to vote him because he dislikes the playstyle without trying to have a real read. Is convenient to vote a player with not known meta.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:02 pm I would, right now, vote sig, TH, Mac, and anyone who has appealed to emotion. I would murder the emotion right out of this game.
Rubs me the wrong way. Mafia is like 1/3 emotion. Villagers have an emotional force while wolves can have fear, anguish or delightful joy depending of the player's preferences. This post looks like NAI but doesn't help town.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:10 pm So we can start with him.

But I have a hit list, and I'm considering putting you on it.

[VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine
If Speed is mafia he is aligned with the Radishes team imo. A tinfoilable slot.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

@JJJ did you ever vote for Mac?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Welp.. 7:30 pm.. friday evening, bbl :)

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:52 am
You suspect him and you are voting me? How this works? Asking from curiosity..
Because the cyan tolds me you don't have on GMan a better read than for me.
And between a possible wolf in your eyes who is active and really playing you choose to vote an inactive who didn't have influential posts on the game but helped to lynch 2 wolves. Do I look like the happy busser im any of these teams?
Hello, I never said I suspect you. I said I don’t have a read on you. My vote right now is not determined by suspicion, but by the player I’d like to sort the most.

G-man has not been much more active than you, if at all. What is your read on him, if you have one?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

On Day1, we know that Team Master had it easy. It was Team Anti vs 3P. Day 2 Mac was a suspect but not as glaringly as on Day 3. I suspect that Team Master was more likely to have a member or two voting on the Mac train to stay blended in the crowd.

Unknown Day 2 Radish (Team Anti) Voters:
-Tony
-JJJ
-Sloonei
-Epi
-Juliets
-Colin
-Turnip

Unknown Day 3 Sig (Team Anti) Voters:
-Colin
-Sloonei
-Dom
-Speed
-JJJ
-Juliets

So if we assume that there is a baddie in our midst, then there’s a higher probability of him or her being on Team Master.

My rough vote analysis suggests to me that it’s one of Juliets, JJJ, and Sloonei because of their two-day ‘avoidance’ of Team Master trains.

Thoughts?
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:23 am I find the Interactive analyses more helpful than VCA in this game. I'm hoping @JaggedJimmyJay and Sloonei can remember some of what they did as pertains to the people in this group. The only one I remember is that S~V~S had high compatibility with Mac (I remember that one because it was recent and I was seeing S~V~S as town) but that one is no longer relevant.
I didn’t uncover many points about the players in our thread. I don’t think G-man or speedchuck came up at all in the section of Mac’s ISO that I got to. I leaned favorably on you and Jay, and had that lone point about michelle as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:42 am Someone was saying Sloonei was likely on a mafia team in the main thread a while ago, but I don't remember the details at all.
Nutella, but she always says that. I think Jack was also vocal about it too, and Tony was dropping vague suggestions that I was a suspect. I don’t recall seeing many details about a case against me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Other behavior to consider:

-Michelle voted for Mac on D3 when it was ‘obvious’ to vote for him. On D2, she voted away from the two lead trains.

-Speed voted for Mac on D2 when voting Mac was less of a sure thing. On D3, he hopped aboard the Sig Express.

Which is more likely- a baddie voting away from a teammate on D2 when they’re not exposed but then soft bussing the day it helps to fit into the crowd, or voting for your teammate on a day when you don’t really have to but then chasing the new hottness that might buy your teammate another day?
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm On Day1, we know that Team Master had it easy. It was Team Anti vs 3P. Day 2 Mac was a suspect but not as glaringly as on Day 3. I suspect that Team Master was more likely to have a member or two voting on the Mac train to stay blended in the crowd.

Unknown Day 2 Radish (Team Anti) Voters:
-Tony
-JJJ
-Sloonei
-Epi
-Juliets
-Colin
-Turnip

Unknown Day 3 Sig (Team Anti) Voters:
-Colin
-Sloonei
-Dom
-Speed
-JJJ
-Juliets

So if we assume that there is a baddie in our midst, then there’s a higher probability of him or her being on Team Master.

My rough vote analysis suggests to me that it’s one of Juliets, JJJ, and Sloonei because of their two-day ‘avoidance’ of Team Master trains.

Thoughts?
I don’t think it’s impossible that there could have been a busser somewhere in the last two days. I’d say it’s unlikely that sig was bussed yesterday, but radishes or mac could have been at any time.

By sheer numbers it’s more likely that we have a mac teammate here than a sig teammate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm Other behavior to consider:

-Michelle voted for Mac on D3 when it was ‘obvious’ to vote for him. On D2, she voted away from the two lead trains.

-Speed voted for Mac on D2 when voting Mac was less of a sure thing. On D3, he hopped aboard the Sig Express.

Which is more likely- a baddie voting away from a teammate on D2 when they’re not exposed but then soft bussing the day it helps to fit into the crowd, or voting for your teammate on a day when you don’t really have to but then chasing the new hottness that might buy your teammate another day?
Neither scenario is impossible, especially in a game like this one. A teammate could decide in one moment that bussing is a good idea, but then later decide that they can take advantage of the viable counterwagon. Without access to the actual game thread, I can’t really judge these votes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:47 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:40 pm Other behavior to consider:

Neither scenario is impossible, especially in a game like this one. A teammate could decide in one moment that bussing is a good idea, but then later decide that they can take advantage of the viable counterwagon. Without access to the actual game thread, I can’t really judge these votes.
Oh, but we must. There’s not a ‘no lynch’ option, so we have to use what we have to make a decision.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We have this thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:54 pm We have this thread.
Of course we do. Part of that thread is the vote data that I posted. Ignoring it would be unwise.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:54 pm We have this thread.
Of course we do. Part of that thread is the vote data that I posted. Ignoring it would be unwise.
I do not propose that we ignore it. I’m just saying that it’s an incomplete picture for me.

Based on the content in this thread alone, I like the direction of Michelle’s posts better than speedchuck’s, if that serves as an answer to your question.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm My rough vote analysis suggests to me that it’s one of Juliets, JJJ, and Sloonei because of their two-day ‘avoidance’ of Team Master trains.

Thoughts?
I read both of them as civilians. They can and should speak to their voting decisions themselves though.

I was never really invested in Mac being alive. I felt Radishes and then sig were better, more confident lynches. I pursued them accordingly. Mac was also a suspect. Now he dead. Cool beans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets is my top civilian read in the game

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I believed more in the cases against Radishes and sig than the case against Mac.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] tell me about your day 3 vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:05 am

:stare:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Has this salad been observed yet? This is salad. I observe it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Michelle wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:24 pm Juliets gives me homework to do but i didn't find her stance in this matter. I wonder why. Let's say she has good intentions but I dislike the question mixed in a post, when she usually pings to obtain answers.
Oh sorry Michelle I usually ping people when I don't quote them but I forgot to ping you. I do a catch up post every morning and they are usually a little long. I'm not sure why you dislike me asking questions in the post? Also, I didn't have a stance on your quotes of speedchuck - I thought you had done some analysis on them which is why I asked you. I'll take a look at them now and see what I think.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:22 pm
It's not salad if they're all bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:20 pm

:stare:
:srsnod:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

How are you guys even accessing all these posts.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have no read on speedchuck in relation to any of the revealed members of either mafia team. Of the posts quoted by michelle (thank you and good work compiling those, michelle!), the general trend is that speed is expressing skepticism of every case but I don't see him really chomping down on anything, which is not the best look. I understand and appreciate that speed is on a tight schedule, but that does not tell me anything about his alignment. I have no clear sense of where his head is at in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:24 pm How are you guys even accessing all these posts.
I assume michelle had them saved before the thread disappeared on us. That's how I posted my mac stuff earlier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But why she had those posts saved, I cannot tell you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm @speedchuck tell me about your day 3 vote.
Day 3 was my vote for Mac, yes?

Sig's slip relied on Mac being scum. It made more sense to lynch Mac first, to be sure. I've pretty consistently agreed with Dom's passionate reads on the both of them, from D2 or even earlier.

I did scumread Sig earlier, but by Day 3 Mac was just as good a lynch.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:22 pm
It's not salad if they're all bad.
Yes it is. How do you feel about each of us here? Who is your top non-sig suspect outside of this thread?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 pm I have no read on speedchuck in relation to any of the revealed members of either mafia team. Of the posts quoted by michelle (thank you and good work compiling those, michelle!), the general trend is that speed is expressing skepticism of every case but I don't see him really chomping down on anything, which is not the best look. I understand and appreciate that speed is on a tight schedule, but that does not tell me anything about his alignment. I have no clear sense of where his head is at in this game.
That's my gameplay style, I think. Skepticism, the voice of reason, and calling out crap. Active pursuit is a rarer thing, and requires time. I prefer to make observations, corrections, and reality checks for people to build off of.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”