25%

Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by Long Con »

Welcome to Inception Mafia! Some of you have fallen asleep, perchance to dream, some are deeper still, and others will insist that they are still awake! If this is indeed a dream, then it is a shared one... and your decisions could be lethal!

A Crushing Defeat

The heroes were relieved to have stopped Saitama's assassination attempt, but the victory had not come without a price. Messing with the dimensional machine's controls had revealed the heroes' presence to the Anti-Monitor, who had sent a legion of shadow demons, led by his lieutenant, The Architect. As the fortress began to fill with enemies, they sealed and barricaded the doors of the control room.

The Architect laughed. "You are fools to think you can stand against the might of the Anti-Monitor! Together, he and I will construct new universes, and live as GODS!"

"He's right," sighed Aja. "What have we done, but trap ourselves in here?" A loud bang dented in the door, causing them all to jump. "Not for long though!"

"Surely there's something we can do... maybe these machines can open a portal!" Agatha Heterodyne began working furiously to figure out how they worked, as the banging on the door grew louder, and the influx of shadow demons more imminent. "Eureka! I think I have it!" she cried, jamming two wires together with a shower of sparks, causing a portal to flare to life. The destination appeared to be in flux, though, shifting from Kirby Mafia, to Community, to a white haze, then Fallout Mafia.

"Is that safe?" asked Abed tentatively.

"Safer than staying here, kid!" shouted Seamus. "They're almost through!"

The Architect, seeing their plan through a window, chuckled evilly, and quickly accessed the portal controls through a panel. The door finally gave way with a loud blast, and shadow demons began to flood into the room.

"The portal has stabilized!" shouted Agatha. Everybody in-HHRRRK!" She fell back, a large gash on her shoulder from a wicked shadow demon claw. Bill Rawls grabbed her and quickly got her through the portal, and most of the heroes made it through.

"Agatha!" shouted Bill. "How do we close it?!" Agatha, however, was unconsious. He looked down and found a controller in her limp hand, and picked it up and jammed the button with his thumb.

"Wait!" cried Abed. "Not everybody made it thr-"

<<FLASSHHHHH!!!>>

Everyone was knocked out for a moment when the portal closed violently, and when they woke up, they could see that not everyone was still together. They knew, though, with grim certainty, who hadn't made it through the portal.

S~V~S has been killed! She was The Oracle, a Civilian, the MU season 6 Scrimmage Mafia, by Sloonei. S~V~S was also Pariah, and her ghost will never disappear.

The Oracle has chosen to reveal sig's role. Sig is The Architect.

nutella has been killed! She was Santa, a Civilian, from World Flags Mafia, by sprityo.

Day 4 has begun!
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by G-Man »

Oooooooooookay.

Were all those roles on the civvie list?

Subsequently,are all those people really dead if this is Inception-land?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 25

Post by speedchuck »

Soooo uh, Sig is bad then
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:51 pm Oooooooooookay.

Were all those roles on the civvie list?

Subsequently,are all those people really dead if this is Inception-land?
I'm assuming sig is bad because of the flavortext in the above post. Architect with anti-monitor
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Okay. I didn’t make a spreadsheet. Wish I had now. So who else is here with us I wonder.
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I wonder how many players will get lynched today
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I was in the middle of ISOing Mac when the thread disappeared. Here's what I had:
I guess I'll start looking at Mac now. This will probably get split up into multiple posts because Mac's ISO is long and I don't want this to take my entire evening. Ghost protocol relieves the pressure of nighttime hunting.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
Had the same thought
First post of note has him endorsing Radish's early SVS ping. How cute. SVS is the noteworthy name here, of course. This post alone tells me nothing, but the development of this read may.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:26 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm Like am I crazy here or is this a potential slip.

MacDougall
Epignosis
Cliffs plz
Sig calls on Mac (and Epi) to comment on baddie-gate. Mac and sig are not partners and if I'm wrong about that I will eat every shoe I own.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm "Epi, why?"
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:42 pm Okay, serious attempt at self-analysis and then I'm going to bed. (GMT, fyi.)

I've definitely evolved my style over the years, and activity/engagement will vary game to game, but generally as town I rely on analysing votes and wagons (and therefore hate D1/spend it town-clearing more so than anything). I like to re-read the flow of the thread at certain points (e.g. as wagons form/EoDs) rather than ISO individual players, though of course I do that too sometimes. It's time-consuming, though, so when I'm busy (as I am these days) I will rely more on waiting for posts to ping me and then hounding that player.

As scum I'm not afraid to bus to keep up any town cred I've gained, but otherwise try to keep my game simple and sneak into a towncore by trying to play to my town meta. If I don't succeed in that, I'm a fairly useless scummate and quite easy to find. But if I do succeed I'm pretty decent at deepwolfing, I like to think.

As indy I just make it up as I go, as Jay and Sloonei can confirm.
Galaxy brain. You are both scum.
Posts like this are a big part of the reason why I struggle to read Mac historically. So much of his content is indiscriminate jabs like this one, directed at Epi/Radishes. It is difficult to judge the sincerity or the direction of posts like this, especially when they come in high volume. We know that Radishes was bad, but not with Mac. He seems to be accusing Epi of bussing his partner on Day 1.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 pm Really though Mac, I draw zero inspiration from calling you an orange boy given that you've done nothing. Show me that I don't have to default.
In due time you sexy voiced man. If you can help me by giving me an outline of your current thoughts that might give me something to chew on. I am a very busy boy sadly so I'm probably gonna be less dog with a bone than most are acquainted with.
A fairly subdued response to a generic Day 1 Jay prod. I really don't know how to read Mac. Is this him trying to appease a Big Scary Civilian, or is this a subtle distancing act between two seasoned partners? I'll lean toward the former simply because I'm inclined to read Jay favorable outside of this.

Pointless banter in response to Epi. Okay
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm Specifically, Nutella is showing waffles, wim and opportunism.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005 just invaded Poland
Mac appears to begin the Jack/nutella hoopla with an unfavorable view of Mr. Ofhearts2005 (I think? He's comparing him to hitler and that's usually bad, right?). That would eventually change. At the outset I'll say that my recollection of this episode suggests that these two are not teammates. I'll see if I still feel that way at the end.

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:06 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:05 am Also, if my read changes, I’ll pretend I was just trying to provoke a reaction all along. :grin:

But I really do think she’s a baddie.
I do think this man is lying
A less ambiguous anti-Jack stance. He then makes a couple pro-nutella1.0 posts and a few more anti-Jack posts. Skipping those. This whole thing again demonstrates mac's propensity for indiscriminate jabs. Here's another one directed at Dom.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
Mac "Do a 180" Dougall is now anti-nutella and tentatively pro-jack. This post establishes a sharp dichotomy between the two which seems unnecessary if Jack is Mac's partner and they're unsure of nutella's alignment. This is compounded by Mac's earlier treatment of Jack, which looked like an earnest attempt to shade/suspect him. Good look for Jack.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:55 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:51 pm Also Mac and epi if you read like two more posts youd see radishes realized his mistake and switched to Jay lol.
Under duress when immediately forced to observe it and then lolkekked his vote to a wagon that has 0% chance of ever forming.

Nutella
Jay
Radishes

Teammates.
Hurls out the suggestion that nutella1.0, Jay, and Radishes constitute 3/4 of a team. This may have been an earnest read. Jay is the only member of this list still occupying the same living body and this doesn't tell me enough about him/Mac to make a judgment call.

However, the above post does call to mind a big point that I had initially dismissed as not serious enough to merit attention: the direct copy&pasting of Jay's Day 1 reads list has been a running joke in this game. This began with Mac doing it shortly after Jay posted the initial, authentic list. It looked like a playfully antagonistic move on Mac's part (the epitome of the :meany: emoji) and Jay's response was appreciative of the humor. It looks like a casual and spontaneous interaction between two players with a long history together, but I don't get the sense that any part of it was staged or stiff in the way that two teammates might be at this stage in a game. Good look for Jay.

Sign up for my joke analysis workshop if you found the above paragraph as riveting as I did.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:56 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm I was toying with voting mac right before he appeared, now if I do so it'll look like omgus lmao.

Mac do better pls.
Would a civilian nutella care how it looks?
JUICY STUFF
Throws some... juice-fire? on Epi's prod of nutella1.0. Okay. This is twice that Epi has been incidentally present in Mac's posts. The first time Mac was linking Epi to Radishes. This time he's supporting a prod. I get nothing out of either instance.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:11 pm MacDougall, if jack came in here right now and said loljknvm nutella is town, would you keep your vote on me? Why or why not?
I probably would take my vote off you because I very much trust his judgement when it comes to you because you have literally told me he's always right about you.

But your reaction to this whole thing has been pretty histrionic too which I associate with scum you.
Jack is largely responsible for Mac's vote on nutella1.0. This suggests to me that Mac bought Jack's case at the time. It's possible that they're teammates. It's possible they're not. I still lean in jack's favor based on the genesis of this read.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:16 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 amThe amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Glad to play with everyone btw <3

Sould reading in page 1Tedex villager. Liked Nut - not a surprise ^^
Still reading to catch up. Work may stop this process :p
I'm glad you're town, Michelle.
Is this legit?
It's correct. Source: am better at reading Michelle than jack is at reading me.
Is posting excerpts from the Aussie game scum chat bad faith here? Because you are absolutely lying and I am nearing 100% confirmation you are wolf because of it.
Mac assumes some responsibility for this nutella vote. Okay.

juliets and jack are not teammates per Mac. Okay. This does not constitute a read of either of them in terms of alignment, but it exists.

Another Dom jab. Okay.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm Turnip Head can you extrapolate on your Dom/Nutella worldview please?
Calls on Turnip Head to instruct the thread on a "Dom/Nutella worldview." Context would indicate that TH was jointly suspicious of those two at the time and Mac wanted to lend support to that. Confirmed. Good look for Dom, in that I don't think Macdougall would go to this length to call on another player to shade his own partner. Null look for TH. I could say that this prod might be unnecessary if they share BTSC but I'm not really inspired by that.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:54 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:52 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:50 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm Wait Mac i might be remembering it wrong. But I hold that my ability to read Michelle stands. Regardless of the specific tell thing I have referenced, she is obvious lol.
To quoth the nutella:
"Is your bike broken? 'Cause you seem to be back peddlin' awfully fast"

(Nutella, 201?, The Piano, Unknown Game)
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 pm Dom is absolutely a wolf btw.

come the fuck on

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

I tried to fix the quote tags on this.
There was a recent game that I snap read you scum in that I was right but I could never really put into words a salient reason for it. I am having a similar experience.
Almost elucidates on the Dom suspicion, but this is so weak that I struggle to believe it. In struggling to believe it, I have to question whether that is because Mac and Dom are partners and this case is bullshit distancing. I recall an emotional slant to Mac and Dom's exchanges which would suggest otherwise, but I won't rule it out just yet. -1 point for Dom after having received a +1 before.
Dom exchange continues and I still feel the same way: there's nothing in here so far that can't be done by teammates distancing from one another, but I don't have to read it that way.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Mac calls on Michelle (along with Dom) to support his read on nutella. Michelle ain't got no clue what he's talking about and Mac spells it out for her. This feels like a genuine miscommunication that might not exist if they're teammates who can coordinate a move like this, but I may be overestimating the coordination between this hypothetical pairing. My inclination is to lean in favor of Michelle here.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm I'm going to look at Master Radish next and then nutella.
Any reason for the order here considering Nutella is present and Radishes is not?
A generic prod for juliets. Okay.

More empty Dom stuff
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
Hahahaha you are bad again. Fuck I own your soul.
A wild and baseless accusation hurled at Tony. Okay.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 am
Dom wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 am Mac, I once again am asking you to clarify why you wanted someone you claim is baddie (me) to corroborate a piece of evidence for you.
Because there are two scum teams
If Dom and Mac partners they really leaned into the distancing dance. Not impossible, but not a convincing argument on its own either.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:33 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:31 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:20 pm I don't know why I feel resistance to read S-V-S as town. Cause she probably very well could be.
Good read
What? This is a terrible read. What does it even mean?
I can't tell if this post is directed more at Dizzy or Ted. Both, I guess. Mac denounces the read on SVS while at the same time expressing confusion about it. This feels like shade if we assume Dizzy was town. I'd be hesitant to lump ted into that shade as well, but mac may have been going for a "two birds with one stone" accusation here, which might be a good look for Ted. SVS is the third name that's present in all of this. It could be read as an indirect defense of her. Idk. I'm reminded again how terrible I am at reading Mac and I'm kinda clutching to Dizzy's alignment for direction here. Slightly pro Ted, slighty anti SVS for the sake of giving a read.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:34 pm I see Juliets asked me a thing. I don't know why it's weird tbh. Jack was (is) scummy but in multiball scum are scum hunting so his read is still worth taking stock. Like why would I ignore his read in that context because of an earlier ping? It's day 1 who cares. It's about throwing shit at a wall.

I won't catch up til tomorrow so if there's anything else tag me.

Linki: Oh. What's all this then.
Mac responds to a question from juliets. Idk what that question was. I recall Jay's point about juliets, which I am inclined to agree with (the sheer volume of content she devoted to Mac is unnecessary if they're partners). I probably shouldn't let his results influence mine, but that's the first thing on my mind when I look at this post. And anyway, the way Mac is responding to the unspecified question here looks like he's genuinely trying to articulate his thoughts in a way that matters to him, as though he doesn't want to say the wrong thing in response to juliets. So I'll call that a good look for her all on my own. Yeah, independent research.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh, never mind. There’s a poll now.
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
juliets
Michelle
speedchuck
G-Man

I think. It's the poll above.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Only six of us on the poll. Cozy.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jay and I hosted Inception Mafia. The mechanic there was that roughly half the players split into a new thread (dream level) each day, down to four levels/threads. Players on the lower levels were kicked back up to the top upon lynch/nightkill, rather than dying outright. Players at the top could actually die.

The mafia team got to choose which of their members went to each level, but civilians were randomized with exceptions. We tried to ensure that there was always at least one anti-town player submerging onto each level.

Given that there are only 6 players here and like... 18? 19? Players left in the game total, I'm not really sure what the exact mechanic is here. Maybe there are three threads of equal size. I would guess that at least one player at each level is bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: michelle] aubergine

Because I lack a read on her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

So sig was bad lolol! So much for those people hating on the sig voters. I hate losing S~V~S and nutella. Glad S~V~S was Pariah and can continue to post as she likes.

One thing that might be good for us is we are a sub-layer. In the Inception game the sub-layers "lynched" people but they weren't really dead. They just got bumped up to the main level. The main level lynches were real. I don't want to count on that being the case though.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh wait, sig is not dead is he?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Okay, so I have no read on speedchuck or Michelle. Juliets pinged me during my skimming early on but got lost in the Mac vs the World shuffle. Jay started the game seeming off to me (vibes only, really). Sloonei, it felt like you were trying early on to set me up by suggesting that you had higher expectations of my gameplay. I’ve caught Golden and S~V~S as baddies doing that before and I trust my gut on that now. There are lame cases and then there are lame cases dressed up to look like legit cases. You fit the latter early on, but you too have slipped into gray territory after Day 3.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-man is the player in our midst who I've had the most substantial reason to suspect, but I started to cool on that as yesterday wore on. Without the luxury of the other thread, I can't review his posts for interactions with sabie/radishes/sig right now. If G-man is mafia, I link him directly to Radishes (and the other two by extension), which would make him the Anti-Monitor, which means he begins each day with -2 votes. A player beginning each day with a handicap like that might play differently. Votes are less worrisome, but heavy suspicion is a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts about G-man's viability as that role? I... don't know what that those thoughts would look like in a thread environment where there's no access to past days.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:08 pm So sig was bad lolol! So much for those people hating on the sig voters. I hate losing S~V~S and nutella. Glad S~V~S was Pariah and can continue to post as she likes.

One thing that might be good for us is we are a sub-layer. In the Inception game the sub-layers "lynched" people but they weren't really dead. They just got bumped up to the main level. The main level lynches were real. I don't want to count on that being the case though.

linki
oh jeez i didn't notice nutella also died. butts. That looks more like a serial killer than a vigilante.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm Okay, so I have no read on speedchuck or Michelle. Juliets pinged me during my skimming early on but got lost in the Mac vs the World shuffle. Jay started the game seeming off to me (vibes only, really). Sloonei, it felt like you were trying early on to set me up by suggesting that you had higher expectations of my gameplay. I’ve caught Golden and S~V~S as baddies doing that before and I trust my gut on that now. There are lame cases and then there are lame cases dressed up to look like legit cases. You fit the latter early on, but you too have slipped into gray territory after Day 3.
I do not think this is what I was accusing you of. My feeling about your early gameplay was that you seemed to not be taking advantage of the time you were spending in the thread. There were a couple of instances where you popped in and said things which suggested you intended to produce content but never followed through.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:08 pm So sig was bad lolol! So much for those people hating on the sig voters. I hate losing S~V~S and nutella. Glad S~V~S was Pariah and can continue to post as she likes.

linki
One hope I have is that there is a way to bump all of us out of this place without dying. Did death in every level take you deeper in Inception (the movie) until death in the subconscious wakes you up? Which direction will we move? There’s no guarantee that death takes us up and out. What happens to the main thread as people re-enter, I wonder? Will bad things happen if we lynch baddies on this level and they end up controlling the top level?
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:15 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm Okay, so I have no read on speedchuck or Michelle. Juliets pinged me during my skimming early on but got lost in the Mac vs the World shuffle. Jay started the game seeming off to me (vibes only, really). Sloonei, it felt like you were trying early on to set me up by suggesting that you had higher expectations of my gameplay. I’ve caught Golden and S~V~S as baddies doing that before and I trust my gut on that now. There are lame cases and then there are lame cases dressed up to look like legit cases. You fit the latter early on, but you too have slipped into gray territory after Day 3.
I do not think this is what I was accusing you of. My feeling about your early gameplay was that you seemed to not be taking advantage of the time you were spending in the thread. There were a couple of instances where you popped in and said things which suggested you intended to produce content but never followed through.
Oh I never intended to suggest anything beyond being visible. Catching up even while skimming is hard in this game. I was just trying to show people that I was present.
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm G-man is the player in our midst who I've had the most substantial reason to suspect, but I started to cool on that as yesterday wore on. Without the luxury of the other thread, I can't review his posts for interactions with sabie/radishes/sig right now. If G-man is mafia, I link him directly to Radishes (and the other two by extension), which would make him the Anti-Monitor, which means he begins each day with -2 votes. A player beginning each day with a handicap like that might play differently. Votes are less worrisome, but heavy suspicion is a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts about G-man's viability as that role? I... don't know what that those thoughts would look like in a thread environment where there's no access to past days.
Yeah Sloonei I was pinged by some stuff in his long post and it seemed like Jay pointed out some things there that he might remember. I know one thing had to do with you and then another thing had to do with me and S~V~S who he thought were bad for the same reason. I think that's how it went. His posts though during yesterday led me to believe he was good. Saying to mislynch him because that would draw scum in maybe? Maybe you can refresh me on that part [mention]G-Man[/mention].

lots of linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 pm

linki
One hope I have is that there is a way to bump all of us out of this place without dying. Did death in every level take you deeper in Inception (the movie) until death in the subconscious wakes you up? Which direction will we move? There’s no guarantee that death takes us up and out. What happens to the main thread as people re-enter, I wonder? Will bad things happen if we lynch baddies on this level and they end up controlling the top level?
Death in lower levels = kicked back to the top
Death at the top level = death

Idk if we have a top or a bottom here. This group seems smaller relative to the first split in the actual Inception game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm G-man is the player in our midst who I've had the most substantial reason to suspect, but I started to cool on that as yesterday wore on. Without the luxury of the other thread, I can't review his posts for interactions with sabie/radishes/sig right now. If G-man is mafia, I link him directly to Radishes (and the other two by extension), which would make him the Anti-Monitor, which means he begins each day with -2 votes. A player beginning each day with a handicap like that might play differently. Votes are less worrisome, but heavy suspicion is a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts about G-man's viability as that role? I... don't know what that those thoughts would look like in a thread environment where there's no access to past days.
Yeah Sloonei I was pinged by some stuff in his long post and it seemed like Jay pointed out some things there that he might remember. I know one thing had to do with you and then another thing had to do with me and S~V~S who he thought were bad for the same reason. I think that's how it went. His posts though during yesterday led me to believe he was good. Saying to mislynch him because that would draw scum in maybe? Maybe you can refresh me on that part G-Man.

lots of linki
I forgot about G-man's pledge to collect votes. That might actually be a point in favor of him being the anti-monitor. A player with -2 votes doesn't need to worry about gathering a little momentum, especially if doing so distracts attention away from his partner. But that also risks exposing himself if the wagon takes off and he survives when he shouldn't have.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 pm

linki
One thing I'm thinking about is we may not be in here longer than one day period. It seems like keeping us here multiple days would stifle the game. Sloonei will have to speak to which direction we moved. I was on the main level so I wasn't part of the moving mechanic. Once people got to the main level I was on then they could really be lynched.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Okay then. Let’s make a pact to lynch me in the abscess of figuring anything out. I feel like there isn’t an obvious suspect among us.

I did manage to take a screenshot of a post Michelle made, color-coding the first three lynches. I can try to recreate that here. That might help us.

The roles listed suggest SVS and nutella 2 were civ and sig bad, so I will start there.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh jeepers. :disappoint:

Absence, not abscess.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:24 pm Okay then. Let’s make a pact to lynch me in the abscess of figuring anything out. I feel like there isn’t an obvious suspect among us.

I did manage to take a screenshot of a post Michelle made, color-coding the first three lynches. I can try to recreate that here. That might help us.

The roles listed suggest SVS and nutella 2 were civ and sig bad, so I will start there.
I'm against any plan that suggests we shouldn't scum hunt.

That said, we could see what happens if we try to lynch G-man by a tally of 3-2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"suggests" makes it seem like i'm accusing g-man of trying to stifle activity. That's not what I meant. But vote-parking could stunt the hunt and I don't want that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:26 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:24 pm Okay then. Let’s make a pact to lynch me in the abscess of figuring anything out. I feel like there isn’t an obvious suspect among us.

That said, we could see what happens if we try to lynch G-man by a tally of 3-2.
Ok, but there’s six of us. How do you plan on getting that sixth vote elsewhere? Trust?
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:21 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:18 pm
Yeah Sloonei I was pinged by some stuff in his long post and it seemed like Jay pointed out some things there that he might remember. I know one thing had to do with you and then another thing had to do with me and S~V~S who he thought were bad for the same reason. I think that's how it went. His posts though during yesterday led me to believe he was good. Saying to mislynch him because that would draw scum in maybe? Maybe you can refresh me on that part G-Man.

lots of linki
I forgot about G-man's pledge to collect votes. That might actually be a point in favor of him being the anti-monitor. A player with -2 votes doesn't need to worry about gathering a little momentum, especially if doing so distracts attention away from his partner. But that also risks exposing himself if the wagon takes off and he survives when he shouldn't have.
Ohh, that's a thought. I saw it only in a positive light.

Guys, I hate to bail but I have to in a few minutes, it's my bedtime and way past the time when I can think straight. Also, this phase I have to work both Friday and Saturday. Probably will be a full day tomorrow and 3/4 of a day Saturday. I guess I'm lucky there are only 6 of us to catch up with. I will participate as much as I possibly can.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Off to wash some dishes. I will work up that color coding after my wife heads to bed.
My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:27 pm

Ok, but there’s six of us. How do you plan on getting that sixth vote elsewhere? Trust?
3 people vote for you
2 people vote for someone else
1 person dicks around
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i also need to get back to work on school junk. let's all bail.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not sure what you mean by the roles list but the end of phase post states outright that S~V~S and nutella were civs.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:29 pm

3 people vote for you
1 person dicks around
Hahaha I'll volunteer to dick around.

Ok bailing now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is SVS essentially a stump now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:42 pm Welcome to Inception Mafia! Some of you have fallen asleep, perchance to dream, some are deeper still, and others will insist that they are still awake! If this is indeed a dream, then it is a shared one... and your decisions could be lethal!
I might be willing to interpret the underlined text as implying that there are three threads right now. Ours is called "A Dream Within a Dream", which might suggest that we are at the bottom. Idk. That might just be a generic tagline too. The bottom level was called Limbo in the original game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:42 pm Welcome to Inception Mafia! Some of you have fallen asleep, perchance to dream, some are deeper still, and others will insist that they are still awake! If this is indeed a dream, then it is a shared one... and your decisions could be lethal!
I might be willing to interpret the underlined text as implying that there are three threads right now. Ours is called "A Dream Within a Dream", which might suggest that we are at the bottom. Idk. That might just be a generic tagline too. The bottom level was called Limbo in the original game.
And in the movie
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:29 pm

3 people vote for you
1 person dicks around
Hahaha I'll volunteer to dick around.

Ok bailing now.
:haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

By request:
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:49 pm Roles

Civilians

The Monitor - You cannot be nightkilled by regular means. By the end of Day 1, you will choose two players to be Harbinger and Pariah. They will know who you are.

If Harbinger is alive, and has not been found by the Anti-Monitor at the start of Day 6, she will choose one player to resurrect.

Pariah’s ghost does not expire.

Awards Presenter - Each night, you will hand out an Award that the recipient can use to add or subtract a lynch vote from a player.

Seamus Fitzroy - Each night you will choose a player to have BTSC with during the next Day phase.

Jack of all Trades - You begin the game with four one-shot powers: doctor, vigilante, tracker, and roleblocker.

Santa - Each night, you will choose an Item and a player to give it to.

Oracle - If you get nightkilled, you can reveal a player’s role publically.

Salvadore - You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target.

Vanilla role - You are vanilla until a player tries to use an ability on you. The ability will appear to be blocked, and you will absorb it for a single use. If multiple abilities are used on you during a night, you will absorb the last one used, and the rest will affect you normally.

Agatha Heterodyne - You can make one Dingbot per night, and use its ability immediately, or save it for later. This action increases your Madness Meter by 1. If you don’t make a Dingbot, your Madness Meter decreases by 2. You start each Day phase with votes equal to your Madness Meter.

Each Dingbot will be able to use one ability before being destroyed. You must make all types of Dingbots once before making them again. You can use up to three Dingbots per night.

- Tracker Dingbot: Will track a player and learn who they targeted in the night.
- Watcher Dingbot: Will watch a player and learn who targeted them in the night.
- Fighter Dingbot: Will protect you from one nightkill.

Abed Nadir - Each night, you can target a player to fix any cursed items they have. You will learn the item, and once in the game, you can then steal the item.

King Dedede - If the final vote tally is tied when the Day phase ends, you will decide which player, within the tie, is lynched.

Aja - Each night, you will choose a player to jailkeep, blocking and protecting them.

Harriet - Each night, you will choose two players to bodyguard. If one of the players you guard is targeted with a nightkill, the kill will be redirected to you, and the targeter will receive an extra three votes in the next lynch. If one of the players you guard is targeted negatively, but non-lethally, the targeter will receive an extra two votes in the next lynch.

Bill Rawls - Each night, you will give a Civ role an order on how to use their power. If they comply, you will know the result, if any.

Lassie - Each night, you will sniff out a player to discover their alignment. If a player posts “[playername] fell down the well!” then Lassie will protect that player from kills that night. The last post of that nature will be the one that takes effect. A player may not use their own name.

The Master's Team - Kills on even nights

The Master - Each night, you will dose a player with radiation. Any protection that player has, or negative ability that player uses on a member of your team that night, will be nullified, and they will have a 50% chance to lose their ability the next night.

Saitama - Each night, you will choose one player to be limited to a single post during the next day. You have a one-time nightkill survival, and once in the game you can janitor a kill you perform, giving you alone the result.

Bari Artzain - You appear town to alignment checks. *secrets*

Serena van der Woodsen - Each night, you will give a Civ role an order on how to use their power. If they comply, you can control their power the following night.

The Anti-Monitor's Team - Kills on odd nights

The Anti-Monitor - You will survive the first two nightkill attempts, and you will start each Day with -2 votes. If you perform your team’s kill, it cannot be protected against by regular means. Each night, you will search for Harbinger, and if you find her, she will kill the Monitor.

Dennis Reynolds - If you have no votes at the end of a Day, you will deflect the first ability used on you that night to a random player.

Uncle Fester - Each night, you will choose an Cursed Item and a player to give it to.

Architect - Each night, you will switch two players, so that each is hit by the player targeting the other. *secrets*

Independent

Akechi - Each night, you can appear as the role of your choice to information roles. *secrets*

Prometheus - You can target two players each night. Your main goal is to target each of these roles: Bill Rawls, Serena van der Woodsen, Seamus Fitzroy, Architect, and Lassie. You may choose any of the found roles to die in your place. *secrets*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Architect - Each night, you will switch two players, so that each is hit by the player targeting the other. *secrets*
Alright cool. I'll speculate that this role's *secrets* triggered the current phase. Sig is on the way out, and this role (the character, at least) is borrowed from Inception Mafia. In that game the mafia team wanted to achieve inception by having one of their members survive a lynch at Limbo, the bottom dream level. If that is the case here, SVS may have swung a giant baguette straight into the nutsack of that plan by revealing sig. Our thread feels too large to be "limbo" but also too small to be a direct split along the same lines that original Inception followed. Sig is not here. His teammate might be.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

On a whim, I took a screenshot of one of Michelle's posts to help me start to straighten out the multi-team suspicions. Here's Michelle's data, updated with the latest night post results:

Red = Team Master
Purple = Team Anti-Monitor
Orange = 3P
Green = Civvie

Day 1:
1 DIZZY - Tony
1 JACK - Sprityo
1 JJJ - Radishes
6 RADISHES - JJJ, Ted, SVS, Michelle, Sloonei, Dizzy
1 NANOOK01 - Sig
6 NUTELLA01- Nanook01, Turnip, Sabie, Jack, Mac, Dom
2 SPEED - Epi, Nutella01

Day 2:
1 G-MAN - Ted
7 MAC - Speed, Sig, Jack, Dom, Sabie, Sprityo, Nanook02
9 RADISHES - Tony, JJJ, SVS, Sloonei, Epi, Juliets, Mac, Colin, Turnip
2 SLOONEI - Dizzy, G-Man
3 TURNIP - Michelle, Tranq, Radishes

Day 3:
2 JACK - Turnip, Mac
10 MAC - Ted, Tony, G-Man, Jack, Michelle, Nanook02, Sig, Sprityo, Epi, Tranq
8 SIG - Colin, SVS, Sloonei, Dom, Speed, Nutella02, JJJ, Juliets

Sig being the Architect allows us to fill in his color along with the civvies who died last night. That leaves just one on Team Anti-Monitor (the titular role) and three still unknown from Team Master.

Let's all look at this and digest it a bit. This Inception stuff just splits us up. It didn't change alignment (at least not mine). I'll post some observations relevant to this group tomorrow.
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I deserve this.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Base reads for these players:

Sloonei: doubtful for either mafia team by interaction, looks like a civilian to me at face value
juliets: doubtful for either mafia team by interaction, looks like a civilian to me at face value
Michelle: conceivable Mac connection, has seemed mostly genuine in limited appearances
speedchuck: conceivable Mac connection, doesn't look great at face value either
G-Man: conceivable Radish connection, hasn't provided much to the hunting effort, at times has seemed earnest in response to pressure

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no idea what mechanical wrinkles LC and BR have installed for their version of Inception. There's already one key difference: we are in a new thread and presumably new dream level, but we have a poll. None of the private voting hoopla that everyone found so enjoyable is in effect -- and those mechanics were necessary to facilitate the "kicks". Without that, it's possible there's a real lynch at work here. Who knows. I suggest we proceed with that assumption, or more generally just lynch a suspect the way we would any ordinary lynch. In the real game people goofed around in the lower levels to their detriment out of uncertainty.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's neat to be dreaming! After hosting the game twice and never getting to participate, this is excellent.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:43 am It's neat to be dreaming! After hosting the game twice and never getting to participate, this is excellent.
i'm amused that we're in this together.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S chose well to just clear up the entire matter of sig so we can move on with our lives. It's remarkable how proficient the general hunting has been so far. Also, Dyslexicon turned that ghost mechanic into an MVP performance, win or lose. I love to see it. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:43 am It's neat to be dreaming! After hosting the game twice and never getting to participate, this is excellent.
i'm amused that we're in this together.
we should complain about everything

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”