boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D5) (TODAY IS MYLO)

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:04 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 pm FTL start when
Tomorrow.
Awesome, I need something to wash this taste out
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (ENDGAME)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Oh well.

Well played, guys.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Nah, it's all good, G-Man. Even without the AtE, I don't know how I would've found you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I didn't spectate much, but from when I did look, this seemed like quite an intense game. Well earned, scum team!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Well played, poisondudes. Was pretty fun aggravating to watch the town tear itself apart from deadchat. You tried :P (Seriously though, really impressive effort level from everyone)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:01 pm well this surely was a game

sorry boo
Meh. I was playing badly during most of the game anyways, I'll own that. The game you and I were in on MU I was mafia, so that wound up taking a lot more of my focus because that's my preference. Plus nutella coming back town after she was shot made me pretty sure I wouldn't call anything right all game, so I just kinda stopped putting in the effort...

And somehow you still shot Nanook. That one I still don't understand. But now that I know you're both town, I think we can all agree we'll blame Jack more then you. :P
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:11 pm Nah, it's all good, G-Man. Even without the AtE, I don't know how I would've found you.
The lesson is to always blindly follow everything I do, and eventually in a fit of paranoia, I'll get the right answer.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 389

Post by MacDougall »

I would like a rerand, I feel like we'd be better at it after the experience. It was a difficult game to figure out tactically.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

boo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:13 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:01 pm well this surely was a game

sorry boo
Meh. I was playing badly during most of the game anyways, I'll own that. The game you and I were in on MU I was mafia, so that wound up taking a lot more of my focus because that's my preference. Plus nutella coming back town after she was shot made me pretty sure I wouldn't call anything right all game, so I just kinda stopped putting in the effort...

And somehow you still shot Nanook. That one I still don't understand. But now that I know you're both town, I think we can all agree we'll blame Jack more then you. :P
THAT GAME ON MU WAS A NIGHTMARE. you did real well there though! but... like... oh my god, that was one of the worst games of mafia i've ever played

i shot nanook becaue jack said SCARY THINGS.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm I would like a rerand, I feel like we'd be better at it after the experience. It was a difficult game to figure out tactically.
I've always wanted to run the same game with the same players twice in succession. Should be done one of these days.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Duskfall »

Hate to say it boys but town really had to put in a shift to lose this one

Why in the world was Nanook ever considered lmao?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:52 am @DrWilgy @G-Man give me some content so I can solve your slots early please. None of this lurky shit.

Duskfall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm Hate to say it boys but town really had to put in a shift to lose this one

Cause nanook busses.

But also hard shields his partner.

Idk 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I’m sure I’ll be told it was my fault that I was SR tho
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Duskfall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm Hate to say it boys but town really had to put in a shift to lose this one

I guess you just should have been better at solving the game all on your own and insulting people into listening to your cases. I think it's fairly clearly all your fault.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

boo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:11 pm Nah, it's all good, G-Man. Even without the AtE, I don't know how I would've found you.
The lesson is to always blindly follow everything I do, and eventually in a fit of paranoia, I'll get the right answer.
You should have start strongly pushing for G-Man to get the gun. Maybe then I would've switched off to Jack.

I'm mad at myself, too, because I think I genuinely logicked out (incorrectly in hindsight, but still) that you were town when you voted for G-Man. That post you made though when you started thinking G-Man was scum was what really pushed me over the edge though against you. I think if you hadn't voted for Jack, I would've kept my vote on Jack -- granted, you'd still have the uphill battle of convincing him you were town.

Bleh. Sorry that I couldn't find you this game. :<
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm
boo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm
You should have start strongly pushing for G-Man to get the gun. Maybe then I would've switched off to Jack.

I'm mad at myself, too, because I think I genuinely logicked out (incorrectly in hindsight, but still) that you were town when you voted for G-Man. That post you made though when you started thinking G-Man was scum was what really pushed me over the edge though against you. I think if you hadn't voted for Jack, I would've kept my vote on Jack -- granted, you'd still have the uphill battle of convincing him you were town.

Bleh. Sorry that I couldn't find you this game. :<
If it makes you feel better, we both were right about scum not wanting the gun and not wanting to get blood on their hands. XD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nanook was considered because Nanook himself insisted that the actual final two wolves had to be taken out of the POE "because". He put himself in everyone elses POE lol.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 64

Post by DrWilgy »

Good game all. Thanks for hosting Leetic.

[mention]Funnygurl555[/mention], you had me spooked right there at the end. Did you actually catch me and what was my tell?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

I’d play again tbh.

This time tho when I fulfill my pregame guarantee of shooting scum I get locked town for it ;)
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:17 pm I’m sure I’ll be told it was my fault that I was SR tho
No, I don't blame you. I was actually surprised Funny chose you over Jack or Boo.

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm Nanook was considered because Nanook himself insisted that the actual final two wolves had to be taken out of the POE "because". He put himself in everyone elses POE lol.
Incorrect, I said wilgy and boo were out of the POE temporarily so that we couldn’t sleep walk into a boo shot and people had to actually make pushes.

But sure, I’m sure I’m entirely to blame for getting incorrectly SR immediately after I shot scum. That makes sense.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I honestly don't know what I could have done differently. This feeling sucks.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy and G-Man didn't even really slank that much. They just sort of hung back and let the town eat itself. As viable a strategy as any to win, but certainly a great way to make salty townies in endgame lol.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm I would like a rerand, I feel like we'd be better at it after the experience. It was a difficult game to figure out tactically.
I've always wanted to run the same game with the same players twice in succession. Should be done one of these days.
I'd play again, but I'd need a couple months, I think, lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm Nanook was considered because Nanook himself insisted that the actual final two wolves had to be taken out of the POE "because". He put himself in everyone elses POE lol.
Incorrect, I said wilgy and boo were out of the POE temporarily so that we couldn’t sleep walk into a boo shot and people had to actually make pushes.

But sure, I’m sure I’m entirely to blame for getting incorrectly SR immediately after I shot scum. That makes sense.
I didn't say you were entirely to blame. I explained why you became considered. Don't explode at me because you can't read posts properly lol.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 pm Good game all. Thanks for hosting Leetic.

@Funnygurl555, you had me spooked right there at the end. Did you actually catch me and what was my tell?
naah i didn't actually catch you. i thought you could be with boo or jack (lol), but not g-man
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 pm Wilgy and G-Man didn't even really slank that much. They just sort of hung back and let the town eat itself. As viable a strategy as any to win, but certainly a great way to make salty townies in endgame lol.
Nah, I'm not salty. Both G-Man and Wilgy had me pocketed at certain points in the game. It was always looking at, like, Boo and Jack after Drago got shot.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by G-Man »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 pm Wilgy and G-Man didn't even really slank that much. They just sort of hung back and let the town eat itself. As viable a strategy as any to win, but certainly a great way to make salty townies in endgame lol.
Quite true. As I told Wilgy in our chat, this will probably usher in a new era of 'kill the quiet people early!'
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Nah, I'm not salty. Both G-Man and Wilgy had me pocketed at certain points in the game. It was always looking at, like, Boo and Jack after Drago got shot.
I was always looking at** rather

Like obviously my play deteriorated after I let myself get dragged into frustration with being scumread, that’s fair and on me, I shouldn’t have let myself get distracted from finding the correct solve. I couldn’t imagine in the moment how every push on me came from a townie, but I’ve seen that kind of thing before so I should’ve known better.

I maintain that any push on me on D3 was stupid and misguided, you never tinfoil me until you have a chance to see if I get poisoned or not 🤷‍♀️
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 pm I honestly don't know what I could have done differently. This feeling sucks.
I think you played well my friend. I was very uncertain as to handle you so I tried to be as truthful as possible when forced into dealing with you.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

I’m being acerbic, not exploding
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 pm
I'm salty but not at anyone in particular. I am just salty at myself that I contributed to letting them win when I specifically know better than to leave people playing that style of game alive for so long.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

G-Man wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Quite true. As I told Wilgy in our chat, this will probably usher in a new era of 'kill the quiet people early!'
we already do this on ffr (my home site) 'cause we got tired of the lurkers
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I can't comment much on how it directly affected this game, but I feel like sometimes TS games feature an inordinate amount of tinfoil that isn't necessarily warranted. It's a tough situation though in the abstract, especially since we have such a solid player base and many different approaches/styles here between regulars and guests.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 pm Good game all. Thanks for hosting Leetic.

@Funnygurl555, you had me spooked right there at the end. Did you actually catch me and what was my tell?
naah i didn't actually catch you. i thought you could be with boo or jack (lol), but not g-man
Lol, well good call out.

I feel like I put to much effort in trying to put you back in POE and worried that triggered it.
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quintessential to our plan was eliminating not necessarily who already got the gun, but who we didn't want to get the gun in the future. Wilgy overrode me at one point. I wanted to poison Nanook before he could get the gun again but he switched to to Johann late.

Heading into Day 5, our goal was to set up an impossible choice by poisoning Hyena. Funnygurl couldn't get the gun, and we banked on whoever was left from the Boo-Jack-Nanook trio being too far in the POE to get the gun. We were trying to force you into giving either WIlgy or I the gun. You made us work quite a bit harder than we anticipated, so kudos.
My Banners:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:24 pm Like obviously my play deteriorated after I let myself get dragged into frustration with being scumread, that’s fair and on me, I shouldn’t have let myself get distracted from finding the correct solve. I couldn’t imagine in the moment how every push on me came from a townie, but I’ve seen that kind of thing before so I should’ve known better.

I maintain that any push on me on D3 was stupid and misguided, you never tinfoil me until you have a chance to see if I get poisoned or not 🤷‍♀️
I agree that your kill was sub-optimal but given I killed nutella on night 1 on a whim after having my kill submitted on Jack for 12 hours I certainly can't criticise FG for tinfoiling. When I died and discovered it was Wilgy/G-man I was surprised so I can't say that I was gonna just come into the thread and solve the game lol.

Duskfall has a good point because in this particular game the optimal path to take is to just do what a normal vig should do every time, just shoot into the POE, kill the wolfiest looking players. And if we did that here we'd have won the game.

More learning for the learning god.

I give the mafia team a lot of credit btw, please don’t take my saltiness as taking any credit away from them at all. They played well and did exactly what they needed to do to win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I should have just shot Wilgy night 1. I knew specifically it was the right shot at the time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:21 pm Damn it there are no shit players in this game I'm just gonna shoot Wilgy for not playing.
Why didn't you just DO THIS MACDOUGALL U SHIT CUNT

I don’t blame FG for shooting me tbh, I told her i wouldn’t hold it against her and I meant it.

I do blame you and jack and johann for incredibly bad and, at least for you and jack, very premature pushes on me. You always have to give it a night to see if I get poisoned first or not 🤷‍♀️
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

G-Man wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:27 pm Quintessential to our plan was eliminating not necessarily who already got the gun, but who we didn't want to get the gun in the future. Wilgy overrode me at one point. I wanted to poison Nanook before he could get the gun again but he switched to to Johann late.

Heading into Day 5, our goal was to set up an impossible choice by poisoning Hyena. Funnygurl couldn't get the gun, and we banked on whoever was left from the Boo-Jack-Nanook trio being too far in the POE to get the gun. We were trying to force you into giving either WIlgy or I the gun. You made us work quite a bit harder than we anticipated, so kudos.
I had a feeling that was the case with Wilgy, because I remember saying the day before that I'd either want the gun myself or give the gun to Wilgy. I dunno if that even influenced your decision, though, lol. Either way, that was a good play.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:24 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:20 pm I honestly don't know what I could have done differently. This feeling sucks.
I think you played well my friend. I was very uncertain as to handle you so I tried to be as truthful as possible when forced into dealing with you.
Every time you responded to me, I felt so guilty about thinking you might have been scum. It was only when I thought that you HAD to be mafia with either Jack or Boo that I was able to start shoving those feelings aside.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Quick shout-out to Dragomir- he was patient with Wilgy and I while he was alive. Drago wanted a plan heading into Day 2 and Wilgy and I just decided to wing it. I can't speak for Wilgy's reasons, but I was too busy to try to execute any plans.
My Banners:

Like just from a tactical POV, even if you think there’s a 90% chance I’m mafia, the correct play is always treat me like I’m lock town D3 and see if I get poisoned N3. If D4 starts and I haven’t been poisoned, then you can start going “wait a sec, why isn’t nanook poisoned yet?” and that’s fair! But doing that on D3 just means I don’t get poisoned N3 and it becomes a situation that could’ve easily been avoided 🤷‍♀️

It’s also frustrating on a personal level because I did my job then got suspected for...doing my job.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 pm I don’t blame FG for shooting me tbh, I told her i wouldn’t hold it against her and I meant it.

I do blame you and jack and johann for incredibly bad and, at least for you and jack, very premature pushes on me. You always have to give it a night to see if I get poisoned first or not 🤷‍♀️
You say "you blame us" but you literally are the primary catalyst for the POE not having scum in it on the day that I got shot by Johann. You wanted to take Wilgy and Boo out and FG wanted to take G-Man out to the point where neither were being considered as shots by Johann whatsoever. Johann was always shooting town that night because his choices was town/town, a choice that you made for him.

This whole scenario makes me and Jack, who were literally realising that we were both town at the same time, have a very short list of candidates to suspect. Our options there are to either assume you're scum driving mislynches on us, or to assume you are wrong. We both tried to get out of you what you based your reads on so we could figure out if you were wrong, but you just gave us the Nanook treatment.

At any rate, take all the context away you want. But my bad push on you, is fine. I was wrong. So were you for most of the game. We both suck.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Q was not an easy letter to work with. V, X, and Z won't afford much ease-of-use either.
My Banners:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”