boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 389

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (ENDGAME)

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 pm It’s also frustrating on a personal level because I did my job then got suspected for...doing my job.
You didn't get suspected for shooting Dragomir. Least not by me. I just had to unclear you because of the corner I'd been backed into.

The POE was literally me and Jack at one point. We were both town, and I was town reading him. You were town reading the two people that I wanted to lynch. In that situation it's very hard for me to assume you're town given didn't have many viable choices for who to push as a suspect because I was town reading Johann, Jack, FG and Hyena. You'd have been an easy clear if you simply didn't try to block suspicion on Boo or Wilgy.

My POE at that point was Boo, Wilgy, Nanook, G-Man. I thought the scum team was Boo/Wilgy. I made some cases briefly about a Nanook scum world, but if I had a gun to my head I would have shot Boo and Wilgy first. So I'm not saying i was right at all. But I don't feel bad about suspecting you. It's a side effect of the choices you make as town to play the way that you do that you'll get townies suspecting you. Probs the biggest meta indicator of Nanook being town is Nanook is getting suspected for being Nanook tbh.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Johann is a big boy that can make his own shot and take responsibility for it himself 🤷‍♀️

I’m not arguing I played particularly well past N2, I’m just saying that I should never have been in the POE D3. Ever. No matter whether you understand my reads or agree with them or not 🤷‍♀️

And no, I’m not always going to explain my reads. I didn’t explain most of them in any depth before my shot and I was widely TR, idk why that changed after my shot except that you didn’t agree with my play I guess 🤷‍♀️

I don’t mind being blamed for having the wrong solve, that’s fine and fair, I refuse to take the blame or responsibility for being wrongly put in the POE on D3 immediately after shooting scum
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D3)

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:04 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:54 am In fact, I think we should be giving the gun within [wilgy/gman/boo/jack/mac] with clear instructions that if they don’t shoot within that group tonight they will themselves get shot tomorrow night.

I think forcing the POE to shoot within themselves is optimal rn?
:feb: :feb: :feb: :feb:

This is the way.
You had the solve here if it was just allowed to happen tbh. Johann ended up getting the gun because Johann came in screaming about how this was a bad idea. So let's just blame Johann and move on with our lives. :haha:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D3)

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:05 am Idk why GMan is even in the POE since he's obviously town but whatever.
We were ALL wrong at different times anyway. I town read G-Man and Wilgy and switched back and forth. They might have low posted a bit but they both know the fuck how to project town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D5) (TODAY IS MYLO)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

boo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:13 pm I think we can all agree we'll blame Jack more then you. :P
:beer:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm I would like a rerand, I feel like we'd be better at it after the experience. It was a difficult game to figure out tactically.
I still don't know what to do tactically besides treat it like regular mafia and have the shots be a formality.

No shade to GMan or Wilgy but I feel like them being under the RADAR was enabled by the setup. They didn't have to take a hard stance on anyone else because their opinion never entered into the shot. It was also way easier to view Nanook's honest shot on Drago as a bus because the kill was entirely decided by him. No optimal or impossible place for scum to jump onto a wagon. No off wagon votes or counterwagons or anything. It was entirely Nanook's call and that made it hard to evaluate how much he really thought Drago was scum or not.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 pm I don’t blame FG for shooting me tbh, I told her i wouldn’t hold it against her and I meant it.

I do blame you and jack and johann for incredibly bad and, at least for you and jack, very premature pushes on me. You always have to give it a night to see if I get poisoned first or not 🤷‍♀️
You say "you blame us" but you literally are the primary catalyst for the POE not having scum in it on the day that I got shot by Johann. You wanted to take Wilgy and Boo out and FG wanted to take G-Man out to the point where neither were being considered as shots by Johann whatsoever. Johann was always shooting town that night because his choices was town/town, a choice that you made for him.

This whole scenario makes me and Jack, who were literally realising that we were both town at the same time, have a very short list of candidates to suspect. Our options there are to either assume you're scum driving mislynches on us, or to assume you are wrong. We both tried to get out of you what you based your reads on so we could figure out if you were wrong, but you just gave us the Nanook treatment.

At any rate, take all the context away you want. But my bad push on you, is fine. I was wrong. So were you for most of the game. We both suck.
Ditto this.

I think I was always going to have a really hard time finding town Nanook or town Boo this game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-man was in complete control of this game. I was quivering.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I left feeling that boo was town and was absolutely certain that nanook was town. But I also had mac and jack as my primary suspects. I think I could have caught wilgy with more time (drago’s response to my vote for him on Day 1 was wacky) but no one was ever touching the G.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:02 am G-man was in complete control of this game. I was quivering.
Quash that. Day 1 I was way behind, Day 2 I rage posted, and Day 5 I was a nervous wreck behind the scenes. If not for Nanook-Boo-Jack drama Days 3 & 4, my tip-toeing around would have been seen for what it was. Our team compensated for our shortcomings pretty well, be we were assisted by a pack of civvies that were intent on savaging each other.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

For @leetic

For @G-Man, @DrWilgy, and @Dragomir