boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D5) (TODAY IS MYLO)

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:09 pm Okay, I wasn't going to say anything about THAT post that Boo just made, but I think I probably should. It feels like Boo is trying to set up an association between him and Jack in case he gets shot tonight. I don't think Boo believed that G-Man would actually get votes if he voted for him, probably for similar reasons. Either way, I'm going to let you make the final decision, G-Man, but I just figured I'd offer my input on THAT post in case it's helpful.
Basically, I still think it's Boo and Wilgy.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:09 pm Okay, I wasn't going to say anything about THAT post that Boo just made, but I think I probably should. It feels like Boo is trying to set up an association between him and Jack in case he gets shot tonight. I don't think Boo believed that G-Man would actually get votes if he voted for him, probably for similar reasons. Either way, I'm going to let you make the final decision, G-Man, but I just figured I'd offer my input on THAT post in case it's helpful.
but we gonna talk about the wilgy response
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Definitely continue to analyze posts just to make sure we didn't miss anything, but that just seems like the right pairing right there.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:11 pm
Distancing, lol
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:12 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:11 pm
Distancing, lol
yeah i thought the same thing
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

They both have to make a play right now to shake things up if we're right about them being scum.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I took it as more of an appeal to me because GMan shooting Wilgy beats a Wilgy/Boo team.

I’m struggling to find why town Boo would post that.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

a town boo doesn't give the gun to a person who they think is scum it's just like a world of "why"
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

anyways i'm off work anything ya want me to do hyena or are we just waitin for eod
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

AGAIN THOUGH -- do NOT let my voice entirely influence your decision G-Man. Keep doing what you're doing. You might find something that I missed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

All in.

[VOTE: GMan] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:14 pm anyways i'm off work anything ya want me to do hyena or are we just waitin for eod
I don't have anything specific I want anyone to do. Maybe just do what G-Man is doing and try to eliminate certain pairings just to make sure we're correct in all this.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ok. so first of all boo x jack is a huge no
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I kinda prefer to lose for being outplayed by a wolf instead of the entire town just eating ourselves alive so I really hope we’re right on GMan.

Like the only mechanically possible wolf I could lose to at this point and be happy is FG. I’d be very happy to lose to her rn. I’m gonna be a little mad at myself if it’s GMan/Boo or GMan/Wilgy.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D2)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:34 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:24 am ayy johann is so town so town so town

the drago read is spicy
The Drago read is parroting the thread.
oh????
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D2)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:30 pm
Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:22 pm Boo what is your dragomir read btw I can't remember?
I dunno if I've mentioned him, so that might be why.

He isn't someone who ever sticks out to me long enough to consider. I know I've played a game where he got lynched D1 or 2 as mafia, and even then I had no idea why it went down with so much support. That hasn't really been different here. I've seen him tossed about, and I've opened his ISO, but it's just a blank wall for me. There's just more interesting people to look at.

Today I'll be tunneling Jack. Being wrong about nutella made me lose a lot of interest in this game, but now that I have that it's what I want to deal with.
ohHOHOHOH oh hoh

not boo and jack
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

G-Man wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:39 am Qualified list of who I am willing to vote for as of this moment (caught up btw). All names are in alphabetical order because it's too early to try to rank anyone yet:

Would Vote to Give the Gun to Them:
-boo: He has a very logical way about him. I like it and I agree with much of what he has said as far as his opinions on mechanics, strategy, etc go.
-G-Man: He knows that gun control means using both hands.
-Hyena: New-to-me player, but I like what I see so far.
-Jack: Normally Jack's confidence/arrogance irks me a little. His 'Big-Brain' concept makes sense though. THis probably means I am misreading him and he needs to die though. :p
-MacDougall: He forgot that the sign-ups specified the number of baddies. That's a civ-look for him. I also want to see what the new-to-me folks think/do when Mac does whatever he wants with the gun.

Might Consider Voting For Them:
-Duskfall: The black text was irksome. Thank you for reversing course. He got sucked into side banter with new-to-me folk that did nothing to help me get to know him. I do approve of the TMNT avatar, however Raphael was better.
-Nanook: Also got dragged into choppy off-topic banter. (We have OT green for this) His saving grace right now is the point about not going into the night with just one target in mind.

Would Not Vote for Them:
Dragomir: For agreeing with Johann's idea about self-killing.
Funnygurl: For agreeing with Johann's idea about self-killing.
Johann: For proposing the self-killing idea.

Need More Input/Need to ISO:
-DrWilgy
-nutella
-Sloonei
[mention]Hyena[/mention] look at the boo read

this is why i didn't like g-man at the beginning of the game. i cleared him for the ate but since this is potentially game end we gotta consider the slimy stuff

what do you think?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Okay, so, I -did- see that post, Funny, and yeah, it did make me stop in my tracks for a moment, but I ran into another post from G-Man where he said he was an INTP (mbti stuff, by the way -- I'm in INFJ) and that he valued logic, so it would make sense that he'd have that read on Boo early on? At least, that's what I concluded after thinking about it a bunch.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

oh ok 'ight

wilgy's a wolf i just checked his iso

i think we're good here
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

there's also like a real strange evolution of wilgy's reads on boo (and jack for that matter)

anyways he's caught
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

15 min.

I’m nervous but I think it’s over one way or the other right here.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:45 pm 15 min.

I’m nervous but I think it’s over one way or the other right here.
What do you mean by "over"?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, Boo switched his vote back to G-Man without calling it. :P
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I might switch to Jack last minute.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 64

Post by DrWilgy »

I just finished rereading Jack and I'm very uncomfortable with what is happening here. Below are the notes I took during the reread:

D1 Jack feels noncommittal and didn't voice a strong suspicion on anyone because he's afraid of the strong scum game of the people he suspects. There's abit of 'I disagree with the towncore' but that towncore was correct. There's alot of "yes I'll approve of and push any post that sees me in a town light" with Dusk.

[mention]Hyena[/mention] I'm in day 2 and It was boo who was thinking Johann + Jack. I recall you asking about that.

D2 was some bullshit with boo. Even in review I can see this as a bus, but I know I've been tunneling that mindset for abit so I'll refrain from going farther down that line.

D3 is more Boo-llshit. There's a discussion with Nanook about who should be in Nanook's shoot list. I can see this as more shaking of the towncore. There's also a contradiction Jack is making between Myself and Gman where Gman is town and I am not and am to be shot flip floppingly with boo. Jack sees me as a low poster without information that I should be shot upon, but Gman is receiving hard vouches for being town. This doesn't make sense. Gman had 6 more posts than me at the time and I believe we were both in the realm of being low-posters. I guess the 'weird interactions' Jack saw between Mac, Nanook and I? Regardless, I struggle to see this as genuine due to the clear contrast above.

Also, to match this up with some recent thoughts. I believe Jack tried making the argument. "Why didn't we just give me the gun day 3 so I could've shot boo then?" which would've been incorrect. Giving the gun to Jack day 3 was a shot on me and he explicitly said so with this quote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:07 pm Let's make this more like regular mafia such that it makes sense.

A vote for me is a vote to kill Wilgy.

A vote for Johann is a vote to kill Boo.

A vote for Boo is a vote to kill me.

Something like that.
D4 Jack starts with the hard argument that had me dissuaded off wanting him dead. 'The entire rest of the poe wanted me dead yesterday except Mac.' I don't like this argument as much anymore and it made sense at the time. Suppose I didn't realize that there was little foundation to it, but took it for what it was worth on 'Well, that actually makes sense.'

I missed the splurge about his disbelief on someone's ability to read something as a non t/t interaction, and I think that's just silly. Seeing two players as not t together can come from an observation of pattern. If two players are too far in sync, but the feelings aren't genuine, i.e. one coattails off the other, this can be seen as a non t/t interaction as there's a faith from one to the other that can be derived from having too much information (as scum do). I very much don't like how this was dismissed.

Jack VS Nanook starts. At this point in digestion of the reread, I actually am finally off the Jack Boo team.

And I'm not noting anything down for D5.

So, my fear here is that Boo may be good and a Gman Jack team actually makes sense. I feel silly backing off the 'Jack is bad' mindset and it's game if Jack gets the gun now. The argument at first made sense to me as to why Jack couldn't be bad, because if everyone was saying he was bad, then there's no way as that would imply a teammate was also saying he was bad at a point in the game that didn't make sense. Turns out, that argument didn't have a foundation other than a general tonal feel from the majority (of now revealed civs) stating that Jack was bad, and not everyone was truly on the shoot Jack wagon.

Also I just don't fucking get where Jack's confident townread of Gman is coming from while his read of me feels so wishy washy.

Linki: ???

Linki linki: Boo Gman?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Meh.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I might switch my vote to Wilgy
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I really wish we would have shot Boo earlier.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 pm I really wish we would have shot Boo earlier.
This
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

popcorn.gif
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I think I have to stick with G-Man at this point. :<
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I'm ready for dead villager chat!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't like the Silent boo swap
Image Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Good bye cruel world!
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:59 pm I don't like the Silent boo swap
Me neither.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

This sucks.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh no no no no
Image Image Image
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

[mention]boo[/mention]
[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
[mention]Funnygurl555[/mention]
[mention]G-Man[/mention]
[mention]Hyena[/mention]
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

In his last moments, Hyena handed the gun to G-Man. The air was tense for a few minutes...
Then G-Man suddenly shot Funnygurl555, Jackofhearts2005, and boo in quick succession. The poisoners have taken over!

Endgame has been achieved. Congratulations to the poisoner team of G-Man, DrWilgy, and [mention]Dragomir[/mention]!

I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh yes yes yes yes
Image Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

what
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by G-Man »

Quoth the G-Man: hell yeah!

Me on the downside to poisoning Sloonei:
G-Man- 05/16/2020
That will tell folks that at least one baddie knows Sloonei is dangerous, which will likely point to a Syndicate regular.
Sloonei after being poisoned:
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:03 pm Cocky theory time: Sloonei being poisoned suggests at least one syndicate regular is mafia.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

well this surely was a game

sorry boo
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Here's the link to the Discord server with the poisoner chat and deadchat: https://discord.gg/Nj49Rwe
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Welp. Sorry, y'all. Who was your partner G-Man?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

FTL start when
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Epignosis »

I had this one wrong in my head. Well done evil team.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Epignosis »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:03 pm FTL start when
Tomorrow.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I don't think I was ever finding scum!G-Man here, so I'm okay with the loss.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 pm I don't think I was ever finding scum!G-Man here, so I'm okay with the loss.
At best, we would've gotten Wilgy, but only because we all thought he was automatically scum with one of Boo or Jack.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by G-Man »

Quite truly, I must confess- I am a bit sad that this win was aided by my Day 2 outburst. That was an honest, real freak-out by me. It was inappropriate and I thought I had blown my cover. Someone had said the baddies didn't want the gun, so I made a push for the gun. When I was told I was unworthy, I went nuclear and unloaded. I'm sorry it happened. I honestly thought it was going to get me shot. I'm not sure how it didn't. Appeal To Emotion is not in my playbook. After some of you cleared me over it, I had to roll with the punches. I don't normally low-ball it like that as a baddie, but I really have been up past midnight on work nights for about the last two and a half weeks. It forced my hand a little.

Thanks for the game Leetic!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”