Random~

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Random~

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Was the 20 C in France too?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 pm Was the 20 C in France too?
yep, back in the south west where i live/work near bordeaux.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I told my dad and he didn't believe it. France is supposed to be cold right now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 pm I told my dad and he didn't believe it. France is supposed to be cold right now.
show him this :biggrin:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Now this is the European winter I've grown to know and love.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Global warming is real people. :p Even where I lived in Sweden it's +2C today! Wild!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 15

Post by speedchuck »

It's like... 44 degrees outside (7-8 c for you sane people) and the rain just brought a bit of thunder to the table. Just doesn't seem right to have a cold thunderstorm.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i miss [mention]Marmot[/mention]
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm I’m about an hour away from Buffalo in WNY currently, so perhaps even closer!
I live in central NY utica area. Went to college in Rochester. Sometimes I feel like everyone on here lives a million miles away haha it's cool that some people live close ish
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm hosting a game in NF and I need more players. So I go to Oro Jackson (another anime site where I know a few people) and advertise it there.

My post gets deleted and the mod very rudely tells me it's illegal to post any links to other forums that are "similar in nature" to OJ. As if they are worried about the competition.

In an age where mafia communities are trying to integrate, and people are doing this. I'm pretty disheartened.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:11 am I'm hosting a game in NF and I need more players. So I go to Oro Jackson (another anime site where I know a few people) and advertise it there.

My post gets deleted and the mod very rudely tells me it's illegal to post any links to other forums that are "similar in nature" to OJ. As if they are worried about the competition.

In an age where mafia communities are trying to integrate, and people are doing this. I'm pretty disheartened.
That's very sad. This is the only site I've ever tried but I've always found everyone here very nice and welcoming to newcomers which is appreciated.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:11 am I'm hosting a game in NF and I need more players. So I go to Oro Jackson (another anime site where I know a few people) and advertise it there.

Quite a shortsighted rule, I think.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Epignosis »

A website dedicated to a Japanese series and is named after a cartoon pirate ship is afraid of their competitors.

Okay then.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:45 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm I’m about an hour away from Buffalo in WNY currently, so perhaps even closer!
I live in central NY utica area. Went to college in Rochester. Sometimes I feel like everyone on here lives a million miles away haha it's cool that some people live close ish
I just moved to Buffalo from Massachusetts for school last summer. Rochester was my second choice. I like it up here, even with the abundance of clouds and wind and snow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:27 pm
I just moved to Buffalo from Massachusetts for school last summer. Rochester was my second choice. I like it up here, even with the abundance of clouds and wind and snow.
Yeah Rochester and buffalo do have some pretty extreme winters but I like it up here in upstate NY. What part of mass are you from? I go there once a month for wrestling shows.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:47 pm
Yeah Rochester and buffalo do have some pretty extreme winters but I like it up here in upstate NY. What part of mass are you from? I go there once a month for wrestling shows.
Plymouth, MA is my hometown, on the southeast coast by Cape Cod. Where are these shows at?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Plymouth, MA is my hometown, on the southeast coast by Cape Cod. Where are these shows at?
Lanesborough pittsfield area
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Lanesborough pittsfield area
I love the mountains in western MA.

I love mountains everywhere, really.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by ColinIsCool »

Rochester is a cool town — the Strong Museum is fantastic and you can't go wrong with a good garbage plate. I've had my fair share of fun there and up in Brockport.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 pm Rochester is a cool town — the Strong Museum is fantastic and you can't go wrong with a good garbage plate. I've had my fair share of fun there and up in Brockport.
Strong museum is pretty great. I haven't had a garbage plate in ages. I used to get them when I was in college there.
~Darren Shan~
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 45

Post by fingersplints »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 pm Rochester is a cool town — the Strong Museum is fantastic and you can't go wrong with a good garbage plate. I've had my fair share of fun there and up in Brockport.
This is the first time in my 32 years that I have heard someone describe Rochester as a “cool town.” :kadaj:

I do agree the Strong Museum is fantastic through. Looking forward to taking my daughter there when I visit next.

I’m bored, so hi everyone. I was looking for a schedule for smaller games but couldn’t find one. Admittedly I only looked a few minutes. Anyone want to tell me what’s next. Thanks
Gro-oo-ovy
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:25 pm
I’m bored, so hi everyone. I was looking for a schedule for smaller games but couldn’t find one. Admittedly I only looked a few minutes. Anyone want to tell me what’s next. Thanks
hi!

there's a cool, small game here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 258&t=1631

community-themed, which is the best show on earth. almost.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:25 pm
This is the first time in my 32 years that I have heard someone describe Rochester as a “cool town.” :kadaj:

I do agree the Strong Museum is fantastic through. Looking forward to taking my daughter there when I visit next.

I’m hosting a small game that’s slated to start tomorrow, if you’re interested in a quick start.

Epignosis has another side mission/speed game in signups that just went up here.

Apparently we don’t have a heist in signups right now. Heists are the bee’s knees and the easiest game type to run.

Linki: yeah. Well; minus the “almost”.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by ColinIsCool »

Any place full of Bills fans is alright with me.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Thanks guys. I’ll check it out. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the theme and was hoping for one I was
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:09 pm Thanks guys. I’ll check it out. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the theme and was hoping for one I was
If not that, there may be a Lost-themed game coming from Golden quite soon. :nicenod:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

For once, I am glad that one of my students failed at something.

Think about it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

damn. I hope they are safe now. :|
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:29 pm
fingersplints wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:09 pm Thanks guys. I’ll check it out. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the theme and was hoping for one I was
If not that, there may be a Lost-themed game coming from Golden quite soon. :nicenod:
Oh awesome. I’m in the middle of a rewatch right now. Surprisingly, I don’t think I actually ever played a Lost game!
Gro-oo-ovy
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:29 pm
Oh awesome. I’m in the middle of a rewatch right now. Surprisingly, I don’t think I actually ever played a Lost game!
We have a Gossip Girl side mission in sign ups now with a great line-up of players too!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 480
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Tomorrow I am going to the Paranormal Cirque! I am jazzed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I love that phrase: "I am jazzed". I must use it more often. also, have fun!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

just noticed it's been exactly 1 year and 2 days since i took the facilitator role on here. time flies by when you're having fun.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 15

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:35 am just noticed it's been exactly 1 year and 2 days since i took the facilitator role on here. time flies by when you're having fun.
Whoa. Same. Doesn't feel like a year.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Can I be a mod so I can post pokémon gifs in locked threads?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 am Can I be a mod so I can post pokémon gifs in locked threads?
I've unlocked it

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm going to hong kong in june and beijing in december :workit:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Haha Jay’s new avatar.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:16 pm i'm going to hong kong in june and beijing in december :workit:
Niiice!!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Straight up hammock weather today.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

and im freezing my tits off here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not need a jacket today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 132

Post by G-Man »

Breaking news: Lori Loughlin’s defense team has added John Stamos as a character witness. They anticipate he’ll ask the judge and jury to have mercy.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

G-Man wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm Breaking news: Lori Loughlin’s defense team has added John Stamos as a character witness. They anticipate he’ll ask the judge and jury to have mercy.
I laughed.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 480
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Did you see the court artist's sketch of her? She looked downright defiant. that's some serious client mishandling, iyam.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

What's the deal with fans calling their fav celebs mom/dad????? Then said celebs referring to themselves as mom/dad???

It's so weird and....weird.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by indiglo »

Here's how classy I am.

I got a pretty crystal wine glass down from the wine rack. I Opened my favorite bottle of chianti. I poured that beautiful black/red nectar of the gods up to almost the rim of that beautiful crystal glass. Then I noticed a blood red drip trickling down the neck of the bottle when I was setting it back down.

Yep, I licked that fucker. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We are the same soul in two different bodies.

Or, if you prefer, the same wine in two different glasses.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by indiglo »

I knew this was a classy place. :slick:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Random news my next MRI is coming up on Monday. If the results are good I get to decrease to only yearly appointments! Feeling a little anxious, but hoping for the best!
~Darren Shan~

Return to “The Speakeasy”