2020 Socky Awards

Come join us for fun events and site-wide votes, such as our annual Socky Awards, the much anticipated Mafia Job queue polls, and more!

Moderator: Community Team

Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 3

2020 Socky Awards

Post by Sockys2023 »

The 2020 Socky Awards

We’ve completed another year of Mafia Games on the Syndicate. These awards are meant to celebrate the year that was in the community, and to recognize the games and performances that made it special. Welcome and have fun.

Voting Guidelines

~ All members of the community are eligible to vote.

~ You may place up to 2 votes in each category. You are not required to place multiple votes in any category and may only submit 1 vote if you wish. But the option to place 2 votes is always available.

~ You are not required to vote in every category.

~ All votes must be sent via private message to the Sockys2020 account. Link

~ Voting will be open for at least 3 weeks starting immediately. That means the tentative deadline for Sockys voting is set for January 19th.

~ You are allowed to discuss votes and make informal nominations in this thread. It’s been a long year and not everyone will remember everything, so it helps to refresh our memories. But keep in mind that a little surprise makes the reveals more fun!

~ You are permitted to vote for yourself or your own games in any category if you wish to do so.

~ Winners get cool banners.

The following games are eligible for the ballot. As always, Special Games have been grouped with the category most befitting their unique setups:
Spoiler: show
Jobs/Full Games*
All My Circuits the Mafia Game
Hope Keeps On Going - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Mafia
Chess Mafia
Champions 2019 - Crisis on the Syndicate
Assassin’s Creed Mafia
Coronavirus Mafia
FTL Mafia
Pyre Mafia
Jack Attack Mafia
U-Pick Anything Volume 2
Radiohead Mafia
LGBT+ Mafia
It’s A Mysterious Universe
Shadow Corridors

*Because the Side Mission/Speed Game category was absorbed into the Full Game category this year, any Side Missions that ran in 2020 have been included in this category.

Heists/Classic Games
The Polka Heist
Take Me Out at the Ballgame!
Corrupt!? Mafia
Escape From Trump Tower
Space Invaders
The Lion King
Amdibals at the Zoo!
Escape From Russia
The Simpsons
8-Ball Mafia -- Game 1
8-Ball Mafia -- Game 2
Christmas Time Is Here Again

Rackets/Light Games
Banjo-Kazooie Mafia
Ziggy Stardust Mafia
Philosophers’ Mafia
The 7th Saga
Grasslands
Making Friends and Enemies
Overtime Mafia
Doppelgangsters
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: 2020 Socky Awards

Post by Sloonei »

Award Categories
Individual game categories:
Which game in each category do you feel was the best overall in that category? Defined however you choose.
Note that Special games/Sit Downs have been included in whichever category best fits the individual game’s format.

Best Job/Full Game
Because Speed games/Side Missions were absorbed into the Jobs category this year, all Side Missions that ran in 2020 have been included in this category.
The following games are eligible for this award:
Best Heist/Classic Game
Best Racket/Light Game
Best Theme
Which of the above 2020 games from any category had the best theme? Defined however you choose.

Best Civilian Team Win
Which 2020 game do you feel featured the best team civilian victory? Defined however you choose.

Best Mafia Team Win
Which 2020 game do you feel featured the best mafia team victory? Defined however you choose.

Individual player awards:

Best Host or Host Team
Which Host/Hosting tandem do you feel provided the best game experience(s) in 2020?

Best Civilian
Which individual player do you feel had the best civilian performance of 2020, either across the whole year or in any individual game, or a combination of both? Defined however you choose.

Best Mafioso
Which individual player do you feel had the best mafia performance of 2020, either across the whole year or in any individual game, or a combination of both? Defined however you choose.

Best Independent
Which individual player do you feel had the best independent/3rd party performance of 2020, either across the whole year or in any individual game, or a combination of both? Defined however you choose.

Best Newcomer
Which member of the community who played their first Syndicate game in 2020 do you feel performed the best or had the greatest impact on the Syndicate community this year? Defined however you choose. Vote for up to 3 individuals. Top 2 will win. The following people are eligible for this award:
Adam_
Alison
Amy
Apogee
Arete
Ash Lael
AWESOME-O
beeboy
BoKnows
bronana
Carotenoid
cassowary
cat
cayvie
chardonnay
cobbler
DaisyCloud
DJ Neutron Star
dov
DS.
Duskfall
dyachei
Ephemeral
Esooa
Exalt
falcon45ca
Fallen Prince
Fatmo
Hally
Hank
Herm
hollowkatt
Iwan
jeraldoo
JiwonMeganPark
Johann
jumpluff
Justplayingitcool
KitsuShel
KZA
Lavender
Lissa
Maple
Marcher Jovian
MartinGG99
mewtini
Mistyx
moth
Myo
Natalija
NIK
Oddmerta
okosan
outed wolf
protocultures
polypies73
PSINightmareEmpowerer
PunchyTheCat
Ranmilia
Relm
Samusamu
Scirrus
sheepsaysmeep
SilverKeith
staypositivefriend
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Syn
tedxtr
therealet
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Thunal33
Timsup2nothin
TripleHaven
tutuu
Ultimate-Gamer
Urist
Vulgard
WerewolfHunter
Wisp
xalt
If you feel somebody has been overlooked that should be included, please mention them! Note that only players who played in their first game on The Syndicate in 2020 are eligible for this award. Not all users who registered in 2020 are eligible, and not all eligible users registered in 2020.

Best Role Use
Which individual player do you feel used the mechanics of their role the most effectively or in the most entertaining way in a game in 2020? Defined however you choose.

Most Valuable Player
Which player do you feel had the best overall performance across all games and all alignments on The Syndicate in 2020? Defined however you choose.

Spirit Award -- Community
Which member of the Syndicate do you feel best helped to create and sustain a positive community environment on the Syndicate in 2020? Defined however you choose. This category is meant to recognize an individual or individuals who contribute to the Syndicate community as a whole, not just in mafia games, in areas such as engagement, outreach, organizing activities, etc.

Spirit Award -- Gameplay
Which member of the Syndicate do you feel helped to create a fun, welcoming, and well-rounded mafia game experience in 2020? Defined however you choose. This category is meant to recognize an individual or individuals who contribute to the general quality and enjoyment of mafia games specifically on the site, whether as a player, host, moderator, etc.

Funniest Poster
Who made you laugh the most or the hardest on The Syndicate in 2020?

Best Quote
What was the best quote or post on the Syndicate in 2020? Nominees for this award will be detailed in a later post.

Lifetime Achievement Award
Last but far from least. This is the fourth appearance of this prestigious award. This can be viewed as a sort of "Hall of Fame" induction, not to be confused with the Hall of Fame forum on this site where we keep statistical track of each game and player. This award does not refer only to 2020 game play. It refers to the entire body of work (referring specifically to their Mafia play and/or hosting) for a player's time on this website from the day they registered.

Not everyone is eligible to be inducted this year. This will function similarly to an athletic Hall of Fame, like those seen for professional sports. This year, only players who joined The Syndicate in the year 2016 or earlier are considered to be eligible for a Lifetime Achievement Award. Last year the cutoff was at 2015, and now we have advanced it one year. Next year the cutoff will be 2017. Again, to be eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Award, your nominee must have joined the site during or before the year 2016.

Those who have already won this award are ineligible: Epignosis, M Plus 7, S~V~S, Long Con, juliets, Spacedaisy, insertnamehere, DharmaHelper, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, and Sloonei

You may vote for three players here, and three players will be inducted. In the event of ties, the Socky Awards team will convene to come to a solution.

Everyone is eligible to vote for this award, including those who are not eligible to receive it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Best Quote Nominees
The following posts were submitted as Best Quote candidates this year:
Good Point:
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:24 am
112 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:55 am.
Good point, I agree.

The Book of Mafia:
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:18 pm I need an explanation as to how I called out two townies and a scum bud. There has yet to be a single one and it's infuriating.
Would you like me to pull out the big imaginary book of mafia again?

Top of my class in scum hunting:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:02 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:47 pm We played a Fiddler on the Roof mafia once and it coined the phrase. It just generally means doesn't care about the town wincon but to me it also subtly implies that the person doesn't care about playing with the usual sense and reason either.
Ok, why do I appear like that?
My name is Artour Babaevsky. I grow up in smal farm to have make potatos. Father say "Artour, potato harvest is bad. Need you to have play professional Doto in Amerikanski for make money for head-scarf for babushka."I bring honor to komrade and babushka. Sorry for is not have English. Please no cyka pasta coperino pasterino liquidino throwerino.
Huh?
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little wolf? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the scum hunting, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Mafia Universe, and I have over 300 confirmed scum lynches.

I am trained in mafia theory and I’m the top wolf hunter in the entire syndicate. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the INTERNETS and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking lynched, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can lynch you for at least 3 different reasons, and that’s without a single wallpost.

Not only am I extensively trained in scum hunting theory, but I have access to the entire arsenal of RateYourMusic.com back history and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the assassins creed mafia, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking lynched, kiddo.

Utter poppycock:
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:01 am
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:57 am
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:57 am I mean, it's sort of due to the fact that you backed up the silly flavor thing. That's just silly.
She has an eagle. It's already silly.
The sillyest of all, utter poppycock if you’ll pardon me, however, is this ludicrous suggestion, deprived of all empirical evidence, whereby a lone eagle could triumph over an entire seaward vessel! I will not have it.

The Birds and the Bees:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:08 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:01 pm i'm gonna design a mafia game where players need to communicate via pheromones.
cumming soon
Wtf this is from a year ago and I didn't know it existed. Foul. There are children on this website. :disappoint:
How do you think they got here?

The Golden Apple:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:17 pm We have two players who weren’t in the game for two days and now are here for one phase only after passing me a golden apple that shoots people. Tony can have a weird role.

Texas:
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:23 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:44 pmCould be that Texas asshole too maybe?
You're really gonna have to narrow that down.

Holding grudges:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:34 am I think it's Hyena because I don't want it to be Speedchuck and I think it's Speedchuck because I don't want it to be Hyena.
Careful, last time I said this Sloonei lynched me.
Sometimes I feel like I hold grudges for too long, but then one of y’all will be like “in 2013 Epi lynched me for this wrong reason” and I realize we’re all petty.

Scum can't hurt us if we hurt ourselves:
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:48 pm
Hey, I just thought of something.
What if we lynch Nutella D1? Scum can't hurt us if we hurt ourselves first. Take the control back. Take the power. Get rekt, scum.

Carotenoid's Adventures in Mech-solving, Part 1:
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 pm aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

so

I was trying to mech solve this game (which I deeply regret for a variety of reasons)
and then

I
realized
that
i
miscounted
the
number
of
players
so
everything i did
doesn't work
because
it doesn't
start
with
the
right
number
of players
and
now
I'm
mad

The notes, Part 2:
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:43 pm
protocultures wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:35 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:03 pm hey proto I have some solid proof I'm town

are you ready to see it? :goofp:
I mean yes unless it helps aliens.
:goofp:
Look, this is how I did the second part of my mechanic predictions. It has been in my backpocket for a whole day now.

Boon-kair, Part 3
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:41 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:23 pm
protocultures wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:19 pm okay, so then I query why your notes on the paper are in english and not french.

I suspect its a fake if I had to choose GTH. Sorry.

Its in english for us to read it and townread you.
bunker is literally the french word for bunker also

so
:haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm done.
But it's pronounced boon-kair

Immeasurable Indifference:
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:58 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:50 am
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:49 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 am Sorry, I think I misclicked the vote button~ I am still voting for leetic~

Also DS, I've read the thread but that joke seems unplaced~
Who's my partner?
How fast do games usually go here that you think people would even have an answer to this yet?
My point was that if you look there are few people if any who have partner equity with me. It was more a callout of the hastiness surrounding my wagon.
the amount that i dont care about this is immeasurable

nutella saiyan:
Carotenoid wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:56 pm Image

Protowild:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 pm
protocultures wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:56 pm proto wild as hell
good wild or bad wild?
This kind of wild:

Potato Soup:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:14 pm
KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:12 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:59 pm
Do you have a favorite meal?
That is an odd question, but I’m sure you have a reason. Anything I don’t have to cook since that’s my job, lol. But I’d eat potato soup every day...
K you’re definitely town no mafia claims potato soup for their favorite meal

Hee ho (Happy Anniversary)
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 pm
Hally wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 pm I've come off back-to-back losses and it's my anniversary and the wife has gone to bed and I'm hungry.
hee ho happy anniversary!
Well...

I'm a he, and she's a ho.

:shrug:

An Orgasmic Misunderstanding:
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:44 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm and I generally believe that having to fake orgasmic back and forths with a partner amps up the awkwardness
Honey, I can tell you some stories... :disappoint:
ORGANIC

I MEANT ORGANIC

Ted Cruz:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:46 pm "Glad to see Ted Cruz alive and well."

Things I never thought I'd say.

Fish of the Day:
Urist wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:52 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:43 pm it leaves the door open for someone else to pen a circle of life parody later on which i'll keep my fingers crossed for
there's a good saying that comes from my home country, Carpe Diem. it's french for "Fish of the Day". it reminds us that every moment is fleeting, and something that is here one day may be gone the next, so you should seize what time you have to write the song yourself

Juliets' Goat Farm:
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm This is a goat farm.
want to see if juliets is cool with living on an icelandic goat farm?
I can hammer if it is majority vote =p

Revealingly Adverby:
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:07 am I find Alison's hard dedication to a POE with her in it to be a possible ploy for cred. I found some of her recent posts too rigid at best, revealingly adverby at times, and suspicious at worst.

[VOTE: alison] aubergine

Illuminati Confirmed:
Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm Image
112 1612 = 666 ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

August 8, 2020:
Long Con wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:16 pm

The Song of Princess Nutella, Part 1:
tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:39 am Princess Nutella reached for her sheath and put her hand on the handle of her dagger. She pulled it out in an arc, producing a whistling sound in the air.

"How dare you betray me!" she yelled, as she lunged forward, intending to pierce through MacDougall's heart.

Her dagger penetrated through flesh and bones. Blood splattered everywhere.

Shocked, MacDougall came to his senses. He looked downward and he saw Nanook, collapsing on the ground, with a dagger sticking out from his chest. He grabbed the dying man as his tears started running down his cheeks.

"W-w-why ... Nanook ... why?! Please stay with me. You'll be okay ... We will call the apothecary ... you'll be fine ... please don't go!"

Nanook, coughing blood, gathered all his remaining strength to mutter one final thing. "MacDougall .... t-t-these are my final words .... I ... lo-" his eyes turned blank. He passed away.

MacDougall looked at Princess Nutella with fire in his eyes. He lunged forward with the full intent to kill. The last thing he saw were the armored gauntlets of the castle guards grabbing hold of him and knocking him out.

----

MacDougall slowly blinked. The darkness in front of him was starting to fade away. Along with it unfortunately the pain from his bruised face returned. He gasped.

"My own son... My own blood... What a disappointment" - said King JaggedJimmyJay, sitting on his giant golden throne, looking at Prince MacDougall with contempt. "I've given you everything you desire. All the fancy swords and lances, all the fastest horses in the West, all the riches our coffers can offer ... you know how much our kingdom needed that alliance. Your marriage with Princess Nutella was pivotal for the survival of our people. And you threw that away. Thousands of people will suffer as a result of your consequences. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

Prince MacDougall remained silent. He was looking at his father's eyes, his eyes full of anger and hatred. His pride didn't allow him to utter a word.

"I thought so" said King JaggedJimmyJay with a sigh. "He needs to receive his punishment. Guards, throw him where I instructed you."

A sack was put over MacDougall's head, rendering him unable to see. He was roughly grabbed and forced to walk.

After some time the sack was pulled. The loud echo of a door being slammed was heart. Then, a key being turned, locking it. MacDougall looked around. He was alone in an empty room, dimly lit by the two torches at the sides of the door he came through.

There was a rusty sword, a battered axe, and a splintered old shield. Puzzled, MacDougall pulled out the sword. He remembered the great old days when he used to fence.

Suddenly, the rustling of chains and metal was heard. A large door on the other side of the room was being slowly lifted up. Underneath it, the blinding sunlight was being reflected by the golden sand. The cries of crowd cheering was heard all throughout the Arena. Three armed men were rushing out of the other doors being opened into the center. MacDougall slowly stepped forwad.

Timsup2nothing, a Retiarius gladiator, threw his net on one of his approaching opponents, sprityo, and hurled his trident at JPIC, the other one.

sprityo was caught in the net and stumbled and fell on the ground. He desperately tried to slash it open.

Meanwhile, JPIC ducked at the last moment and barely managed to dodge Tim's trident. He approached the now unarmed man with his Gladius. But coming from behind, MacDougall tripped him over and bashed his head, rendering him unconscious.

Tim picked up JPIC's weapon and slashed at MacDougall, intending to catch him offguard. However, sprityo who finally managed to set himself free, tackled Tim. The two men wrestled on the ground, blood and sand mixing up all around them. MacDougall approached, grabbed them both by their heads and bashed them against each other, rendering them unconscious.

The crowd roared. "BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD" they kept chanting. MacDougall looked around and saw his father, sitting at the center balcony. King JaggedJimmyJay stood up, looked around, and smiled. He put his hand forward and his thumb up. Then slowly rotated the hand downards, resulting in a thumbs down.

MacDougall knew how cruel and merciless his father was. He demanded that he killed one of the other fighters, and if he disobeyed, all would be dead instead.

Timsup2nothing, sprityo and JPIC were all lying unconscious in front of him. MacDougall picked up his sword and looked at it. He had to make a choice.

Which was the right choice? - he asked himself

TO BE CONTINUED

Friendship Ended With Marcher Jovian:
nutella wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:48 pm Image

Alas! It is barren:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:37 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:35 pm Idk if it's angleshooting or not, if Epigonis can vote for the writer they may as well play a little with us? If this is called angleshooting then don't listen to me.
Voting for my favorite Russian writer is easy and fun.

If you have grievances with my participation, you are welcome to state them.
Already done, my dude!
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Alas! It is barren. :(

The Titanic/Slooneardo Dicaprio:
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:53 pm this is like that scene from the titanic where they chopped sloonei

Random Poison:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:54 pm Image

The POE-LETARIAT
tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 pm HOW DOES IT FEEL

HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING IN THE POE

YALL LOOK AT US FROM ABOVE

AS IF WE WERE DIRTY PEASANTS ROLLING IN THE MUD WITH THE PIGS, AND YALL WERE HIGH AND MIGHTY ARISTOCRATS

"PFF, LOOK AT TUTUU AND NANOOK, THESE DIRTY PEASANTS, IMAGINE BEING AT THE POE - LOOOOOOOL" THE BOURGEOUISE SAID

BUT HOW THE TIDES HAVE TURNED

NOW ME AND NOOK ARE DINING ON FINE WINE AND TRUFFELS WHILE SPF AND THUNAL ARE OUR MAIDS AND SERVICING US

*SNAP* TUTUU SNAPS HER FINGERS - SPF, SWEETHEART, BRING ME SOME MORE OF THAT DELICIOUS FRENCH WINE!!!

*YESSS YESSS YOUR QUEEN* - SAYS SPF

*SNAP* NANOOK SNAPS HIS FINGER - THUNAL, DEAR, I WANT MORE ROASTED LAMB!!!

*HUFF PUFF HUFFP UFF* HURRIES THUNAL, BRINGING KING NANOOK HIS MEAT

Light Role Madness:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:17 pm Games without vanilla villagers are usually called "light role madness" i think

Unraveling the Mysterious Universe, Part 1:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:55 am The first nanook game I played featured two separate game threads competing alongside each other.
The second nanook game I played featured two players who started the game outside the thread and could influence it from above.
This is the third nanook game I've played, and it started with 25% of the roster out of the thread, and now two additional players have been extracted along with three deaths.

This is to say I don't really know what's going on, but nanook likes mechanics that take people outside the game thread.
I have comfortable reads on most of the players in here right now.

Unraveling the Mysterious Universe, Part 2:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:36 pm If we're talking about game balance, explain to me how a 5-mason team with a spokesperson keeping the other 4 safe from lynching/targetting from Day 1 can exist without there being at least one mafia and still be balanced.

Unraveling the Mysterious Universe, Part 3:
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:13 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 pm My role said I could target anyone and if they were the "right person" they would die, if they weren't nothing would happen. In a previous Nanook game TSP had a similar role and the "right person" was LC so I was sort of memeing about that in thread with TSP and thought it would be funny if it actually was LC again, so I sent it in not really expecting it to go through but when it did it was hilarious
LC was "Dimwitted Government Agency Man". Enrique was "Magic Man".

Is there a possibility that your role kills people with "man" in their role name? I could see nanook writing up all the roles and being like "oh shit, I have a bunch of role names that end in 'man', I should make a role that can only kill those". It would be on-brand for his sense of humor I think.

League of Legends Forum:
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 am idk what y'all do. maybe it's normal to policy execute inactives at whatever league of legends forum you guys came from.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dunya »

h
y
p
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
eeeeeeeeee
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

when do we start voting?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, I see Doppelgangsters is still running. *be's patient*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Keep your socks on
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Take your socks off, go wild. Voting is open.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hype hype

Newcomers category is hard as fuck
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I feel like I have a zillion other tutuu posts in mind that I must not have actually sent in
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I have a whole folder of posts I meant to sub to the sockys and 100% forgot to

RIP
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:58 pm I feel like I have a zillion other tutuu posts in mind that I must not have actually sent in
lolol :hugs:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:01 pm I have a whole folder of posts I meant to sub to the sockys and 100% forgot to

RIP
You still can, just don't tell the admins.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:58 pm I feel like I have a zillion other tutuu posts in mind that I must not have actually sent in
I consider the Radiohead submission to be a stand-in for the entire saga of Tutuu Writing Mafia Fanfic in that game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Boringboi666 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 am idk what y'all do. maybe it's normal to policy execute inactives at whatever league of legends forum you guys came from.
Can we sneak this one in

It’s literal gold
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:26 pm
Boringboi666 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 am idk what y'all do. maybe it's normal to policy execute inactives at whatever league of legends forum you guys came from.
Can we sneak this one in

It’s literal gold
Lol it took me a minute to realize the sock name changed, I was like "that sounds so much like something Kyle would say"
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can we sneak this one in

It’s literal gold
If you want to send your entire folder of quote submissions to me and/or the socky account, I can add them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sent the ones on my phone to you, no worries if it’s too late
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Can we sneak this one in

It’s literal gold
This, the POE-letariat and the fanfic are my shortlist for best quote.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:00 pm YES. YES. YES. CAROTTE WITH THE CLUTCH. ALL THE HATERS LEFT WITH THEIR MOUTHS WIDE OPEN AS CAROTTE FLIES IN THE AIR THRU THE GENERATED WIND FORCE BY HER DABS
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:28 pm I am unlynchable, unkillable, immune to poison, dayvig, arson and even unmodkillable.

i have traveled through every Plane in the multiverse ever since my spark ignited and every single one resulted in my overwhelming victory and your crushing defeat.
These two are quite good

Also the davidoff one that became a copypasta that even made it to mu a little bit
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh the poeletariat one from grasslands is really good yeah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

With every passing year I feel less and less qualified to vote for these. I’ll fumble my way through the main categories as best I can, but I want to add my two cents to the Lifetime Achievement Award conversation right now.

The shortlist that I am considering this year includes:
-Black Rock (for her creative hosting contributions with LC)
-Dragon D. Luffy (for past admin efforts and his playing/hosting body of work)
-dunya (for admin efforts, body of work, and general awesomeness)
-MacDougall (the man, the myth, the legend)
-Turnip Head (eligible since the LAA’s inception- he is beyond overdue for recognition)

I mean no disrespect to this year’s first-year-of-eligibility heavyweights, but I feel compelled to vote for folks who have had to wait while we inducted other high-quality names before them due to the limit on the number of inductees permitted each year.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kids these days don't know the joy of playing a Black Rock & Long Con joint venture.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

added some new quotes to the list, i wonder where they came from.

I had four of my posts submitted this year, and three of them came from April 8-9. I was on top of my game those days.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I had two awesome Mafia wins this year in which I had to excel and scheme outside the box.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I nominate Long Con for Best Independent for his performances in both Philosopher's Mafia and Shadow Corridors where he achieved his win condition easily and then continued to work for the team he wanted to support until the end.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Let's see, who did things well this year?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I started going through old games to jog my memory.

The Polka Heist had one of my favorite moments I've ever been part of. Starting about here, with under an hour left in Day 1, Dyslexicon, Quin, myself, and timmer were the only four people in the thread and all had mutual town reads on each other, and between us we had enough votes to decide on any chop we wanted. But the game had no clearly defined suspects at that point, so we just hopped around from one suspect to another until we found one we didn't all hate. We ended up being correct and the four of us, all by ourselves and completely unanimously, got a wolf chopped on Day 1. Town went on to win the game. It was POE in action.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But I also missed a lot of stuff this year because I basically didn't play in any games on the Syndicate while champs was happening. Like, I assume Space Invaders was a fantastic game based on the way people talk about it and the sheer size of it, but I don't know what actually happened in it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:39 pm But I also missed a lot of stuff this year because I basically didn't play in any games on the Syndicate while champs was happening. Like, I assume Space Invaders was a fantastic game based on the way people talk about it and the sheer size of it, but I don't know what actually happened in it.
That’s a bold assumption
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:36 pm I started going through old games to jog my memory.

The Polka Heist had one of my favorite moments I've ever been part of. Starting about here, with under an hour left in Day 1, Dyslexicon, Quin, myself, and timmer were the only four people in the thread and all had mutual town reads on each other, and between us we had enough votes to decide on any chop we wanted. But the game had no clearly defined suspects at that point, so we just hopped around from one suspect to another until we found one we didn't all hate. We ended up being correct and the four of us, all by ourselves and completely unanimously, got a wolf chopped on Day 1. Town went on to win the game. It was POE in action.
And strangely, it's an example of CFD's having positive effects for town.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:36 pm I started going through old games to jog my memory.

And strangely, it's an example of CFD's having positive effects for town.
They're useful when used responsibly, counterproductive when used irresponsibly.

like cars or drugs
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Attention everybody! We have made a slight change to the ballot. In the interest of being able to recognize more members of the community in more ways, we've decided to split the Spirit Award into two distinct categories this year:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:26 am Spirit Award -- Community
Which member of the Syndicate do you feel best helped to create and sustain a positive community environment on the Syndicate in 2020? Defined however you choose. This category is meant to recognize an individual or individuals who contribute to the Syndicate community as a whole, not just in mafia games, in areas such as engagement, outreach, organizing activities, etc.

Spirit Award -- Gameplay
Which member of the Syndicate do you feel helped to create a fun, welcoming, and well-rounded mafia game experience in 2020? Defined however you choose. This category is meant to recognize an individual or individuals who contribute to the general quality and enjoyment of mafia games specifically on the site, whether as a player, host, moderator, etc.
2020 was a strange year all around, but one of the positives for us has been a steep increase in the number of new users joining our site and remaining engaged with the community. Traditionally the Spirit Award has been a combination of both of the things listed above, but given the number of ways in which our community has expanded and evolved over the last year-plus, it felt appropriate, at least for this year, to divide the award into each of these categories to better recognize the people who help keep The Syndicate going strong.

Feel free to discuss these awards openly and ask any questions if the distinction is unclear. If you've already submitted a ballot and would like to re-vote for these two categories, feel free to do so (also you can change or update your ballot as many times as you want anyway).

You may still vote for up to two people/games in every category, including each of these two.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I was going to plug Boo for the Spirit Award for all the hard work he has done maintaining the site functionalities and adding awesome features that make playing mafia smoother. Not sure which of those subcategories that would fit more lol. But we'd be lost without him :clap:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

double post edit
Last edited by TonyStarkPrime on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have opinions about this
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:39 pm But I also missed a lot of stuff this year because I basically didn't play in any games on the Syndicate while champs was happening. Like, I assume Space Invaders was a fantastic game based on the way people talk about it and the sheer size of it, but I don't know what actually happened in it.
That’s a bold assumption
thoughts about space invaders aside, it was an insanely strong scum performance from an Alison/Mac alien duo that was, for all intents and purposes, POEd out of the game almost immediately. Definitely a strong contender in that regard.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:53 am I was going to plug Boo for the Spirit Award for all the hard work he has done maintaining the site functionalities and adding awesome features that make playing mafia smoother. Not sure which of those subcategories that would fit more lol. But we'd be lost without him :clap:
I also think boo should get an award and agree we would have been lost without him. He seemed to always be available when I ran into a technical problem or someone I was helping was having technical issues. I'm also not sure which award would be best for him, but those of us who want to vote him should decide which category before we vote so our votes aren't spread out over several categories. I wish we had a Free award like MU, an award that can go to anyone for any reason. That would be perfect.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I also want to campaign for Long Con for best quote for the one labeled August 8, 2020. This post happened in U-Pick when Mac and I offered a gun to anyone who sent us a video of themselves quacking like a duck for 60 seconds. Long Con submitted August 8,2020 where he not only quacked like a duck he chased actual ducks in the video. The video was far beyond our expectations, we laughed until we cried, and it was a post he really had to work at to make. He won the gun of course and now I'm asking you to vote for him for Best Quote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 1
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Imma just sheep nutella
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We're making another change: Because there's about 2 million newcomers this year, you can vote for up to 3 people in that category, and the top two vote getters will win.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 6
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I can't wait to see who wins these fancy socks.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Welp, Lifetime Achievement Award is impossible. I started with 12 easily deserving candidates (and could have missed others) and managed to narrow it to 4. So I had to cut someone that I think should be a Hall of Famer.

Let's ensure we credit every single nominee even as we embrace the new "class". There are so many great ones.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Best Role Use is usually the hardest category to vote in because it's impossible to remember or even be aware of how everyone used every role in every game. So what are some memorable ones from this year?

This one's recent, but it stuck out to me. In Doppelgansters, Michelle (playing as Maid) had a role that targeted a player and allowed that player to decide to make the poll a 2-way competition between themself and another player.
Michelle used it as reaction test to gauge the alignment of her targets. She got two shots and caught one mafia with it.
Maid wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:27 pm Let's simplify things, I have no reason not to claim completely, I'm vanilla now and I have no motivation for RP, it would be much easier to RP like Michelle or Nurse, for example, but I never had the chance to play with Made and I can't understand her style good enough to win the RP bonus.

I can give 2 x one shot gladiator, my first one was for Nutellaphant, night 2 I kept my action because the first shot was not used and I targeted 1337 last night.

A townie can use this to clean up and fight his first suspect, but 1337 was very quiet, as was Nutphant when she received my action.

Those who are scared of death are the mafia usually, and 1337 is scared, they showed this from the very beginning.
Maid wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:41 pm Who is not brave enough to use the shot, does not care enough for who is lynched as long as they survive.
It's like a reaction test and it shows mindset, in my opinion. Abstaining is for mafia.
This is how I saw the usefulness of this role and I aimed at my first scum reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In Jack Attack, Wisp used his mafia role cop role very effectively by way of claiming it [mostly] truthfully in mechanically atypical circumstances, to essentially walk town down the plank. He treated himself as an overpowered cop, a claim that seemed more believable in a weird game, and we all sort of herp-de-derped along with it to our doom.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LC's "Fake News" snipe in Covid was pretty clutch
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

My votes have been sent.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I have one phrase:

Two shot Jailkeeper activated godfather with a compulsive one shot day vig that only works on mafia.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:57 am I have one phrase:

Two shot Jailkeeper activated godfather with a compulsive one shot day vig that only works on mafia.
LiGhT RoLe MaDnEsS
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage

Return to “Events”