What's the last show you binged?

Explore Tinsel Town and discuss your favorite TV shows and movies.

Moderator: Community Team

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 5

What's the last show you binged?

Post by dunya »

Finshed the new season of On My Block.

Love that show.

Amazed that all the actors are mid 20s to mid 30s!!!! Playing highschoolers. Wild.

Ready to binge the next best thing.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: What's the last show you binged?

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Green eggs and ham. On Netflix.

Just as "this is tolerable" the fifth time around
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

The last adult show I watched to completion was...probably mythic quest? Some very solid moments, overall pretty good, although the second season imo did miss the mark at their attempts at parody, particularly wrt some of the "straight white guy vs social justice" stuff. If I weren't familiar with the creators and showrunners other work and views outside of this show, I probably wouldn't be as willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for being good intentioned tbh. But I am, so I'm mostly chalking it up to good intentions that missed the mark and ended up cringe instead
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Cobra Kai.

A bit melodramatic but it’s a lot of fun and doesn’t take itself too seriously
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

One of my housemates has been getting the rest of us sucked into Chinese historical/palace dramas. A few months ago we completed Langya bang (aka Nirvana in Fire) and it's honestly incredible, one of the most compelling series I've ever seen with great characterization and an intriguing plot rich with hidden identity, revenge, and relentless bonds of family and friendship. We're now working our way through Story of Yanxi Palace, which is set in a much later time period but has similar themes as a cunning palace maid schemes to avenge her sister's death. Would recommend both shows, they're also extremely visually beautiful (we're constantly expressing envy over the gorgeous traditional costumes and props lol). Can be intimidating at first, my housemate has seen them before and has a pretty solid understanding of Chinese history so has helped us follow the intricate plots and social customs.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

finished love is blind s2

i dunno why i torment myself with so much cringe, but the whole concept amuses me a lot and it's a good background show to put on while doing other things ;p

i am convinced the only way i'd get married is if i was forced into it on a reality tv show atp. looking into love is blind france as i type.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Starting s2 of bridgerton. I think it's less raunchy than last season and a bit slower, but seems interesting tho a bit uncomfortable at the thought of the plot.... 😅
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We don't "binge" programs here. No time for it and not much more interest in doing so either. We tend to savor the experience of just sitting together for a conscientious hour or two.

That said, if you are asking what Eloh and I enjoy watching lately, we have:

The Witcher - This was a compromise. I promised to watch her show of choice (see the next item) if she would watch mine. I initially didn't like hers and she initially didn't like mine. But if I have one rule about TV (or books, in a similar vein), it's that we don't allow ourselves to judge based on the pilot (or first chapter).

The Great - What a bunch of horseshit. Fun, smelly, wicked psuedo-historical horseshit.

First Dates (and before, First Dates Hotel, which came after) - Yes it's a dating reality show and no I will not apologize for it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

where do you watch first dates?

i finished s2 of bridgerton, it was okay...definitely could have been 2 or 3 episodes shorter imo and some of it was uncomfortable to get through lol. but ok cool.

need to find a new show to binge >.>
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Watching anime I grew up with, just need things from my childhood at moments of high stress.

Things that were new to me, watched Archive 81, a mystery/horror that would be a must watch for anyone into that genre. (Netflix just canceled the show without a season 2, hoping it might get booked somewhere.

Mare of East Town was my favorite show I've seen over the last 6 months, its a show I'd recommend for anyone
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:05 pm Mare of East Town was my favorite show I've seen over the last 6 months, its a show I'd recommend for anyone
what's the premise?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Black Lightning is a show of missed potential. I watched the first season long ago when it first released, and only returned for a rewatch now once the show is done and over with. Of its four seasons, I rated it 7.5, 7, 6, and then finally 3. There was a lot of potential here but the show never actualized any of it. Instead, it got mired in contrived political/social commentary and nonsensical character changes that undo prior development for no real reason except introducing drama.

The final season of The Last Kingdom was very good. 9.5/10. I appreciated that they dropped Uhtred's trope of falling in love with and bedding a new woman in every season after the previous one gets murdered dead in some way. Decent character arc resolutions and the battles were good fun. I'm surprised this show was kept so long and did so well despite utterly no marketing.

I am watching Moon Knight but there's only been the pilot so far. It is not very interesting, but maybe that will change.

I am also watching For All Mankind, wherein the Soviets make it to the Moon before the US does. I'm only three episodes in and I keep asking myself what the point is. There doesn't seem to be any real story or substance here beyond putting someone's late-night what-if? musings into a visual medium.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

We didn't really binge it, but my wife and I just finished season 1 of The Mandalorian. The first half of the season was okay but slow. The second half of the season was interesting at least.

I don't see why it was hyped up as much as it was.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I’m bingeing Succession this weekend, and I’m not sure why it took me this long. These people are just horrible. I love it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Wife and I watch an episode or two most nights-

After Life is brilliant.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Been watching For All Mankind. It's a The Man in the High Castle clone alternate-history thing that portrays the world if the Soviet Union walked on the moon first.

It's a cool premise, but the show leaves much to be desired.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:58 pm I’m bingeing Succession this weekend, and I’m not sure why it took me this long. These people are just horrible. I love it.
I have been meaning to binge that so many people talk about it!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:16 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:58 pm I’m bingeing Succession this weekend, and I’m not sure why it took me this long. These people are just horrible. I love it.
New season starts this weekend, so now is a good time to start.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:17 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:16 pm
New season starts this weekend, so now is a good time to start.
I should for sure but I think we'll finish bingeing FBI first - and yes, lol, I know bingeing FBI sounds like a crazy thing to do because its not one of those 10 best shows of all time things but we've watched the last two seasons and wanted to go back and see the beginning. Glad we did because we discovered someone in season 1 is a woman we went to school with at Alabama!! Moved in the same circles as I did, knows many people that I know, but we never actually met. Such a small world.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Tinsel Town”