Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 432

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 7]

Post by Creature »

Oh shit it's too late now
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Just spoil me pls
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by G-Man »

CASE FILE: The Halvøsen Ridge Incident- The Tragedy Concludes

From the Original Investigation File (translated): The bodies of Egner and Austad were found huddled together. Autopsies confirm they were the last to die, sometime between 05:30 and 06:30 [a.m.] on April 10. Their pairing suggests an attempt to use their remaining body heat to fight off hypothermia.

Contemporary Notes: Lars Austad and Sissel Egner may have survived to see the light of dawn. Depending on how delirious they must have been from sleep deprivation and hypothermia, the light and relative warmth of the sun breaking overtop the ridge could very well have been a very hopeful and inspiring moment to behold. Sadly, the light of dawn would have been a cruel twist for the final two members of the Halvøsen party.

Small but mighty is how many described Sissel Egner. She was, by all definitions, petite. She was also an avid hiker, mountaineer, and skier. Someone of her athletic prowess would do well against the rugged features of Jiehkkevárri, but her small stature and low body fat left her more at risk to hypothermia. Despite being from the second tent, and being layered in the jackets and coats of a few of her peers, no accumulation of artificial insulation was going to shield her from the unrelenting cold.

Egner’s passing left Austad alone on the mountain. Given that their bodies were found positioned with Austad embracing Egner from behind, it’s possible that he may not have known his final companion had already passed. Their bodies may have both moved beyond shivering at that point. As late-stage hypothermia progressed, neither one was likely to be able to communicate with the other as their bodies slowly shut down. Perhaps this is the more hopeful conclusion to this tale, rather than pondering how Austad may have been left to reckon with the fact that he was alone on the mountain surrounded by death and sadness as his own life withered away.

Fingersplints is dead. She was a member of the Halvøsen hiking party and a civilian.

The Mafia has won the game.

Spoiler: show
@Alison
@Boquise
@Creature
@DrWilgy
@Dyslexicon
@EnderWiggin
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@JaggedJimmyJay
@lucy
@MacDougall
@Marmot
@NateTheLesser
@RondoDimBuckle
@Seanzie

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Creature
Made Man

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [MAFIA WIN]

Post by Creature »

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

ggs
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good game, everyone. That's as down-to-the-wire as they come.

I said this in the dead chat, but I'll reiterate it here. @Creature: it's going to feel shitty today, but hold your head high. You were in a very tough position, and you did the best you could. Awesome game, well fought, and mad respect.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thanks guys for being in my first forum wolf game
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
NateTheLesser
The Mark
Posts in topic: 334
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by NateTheLesser »

Good game, this was fun!
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

CASE FILE: The Halvøsen Ridge Incident- In Summation

Contemporary Notes: In an attempt to put a coherent timeline in place to describe in full the events of the Halvøsen Ridge Incident, I submit to you to following:

April 9, 5:15 p.m. local time: The party eats its last meal, as documented by autopsy analysis.

April 9, 10:30 p.m. local time: Unknown forces begin to strike the encampment. A slow, partial slab avalanche begins on the ridge as wind and snow pound the mountain. It gradually presses in on Tent 1.

April 9, 11:00 p.m. local time: The slow-moving avalanche, coupled with infrasound-induced panic, causes the occupants of Tent 1 to go into hysterics. With the main entrance to the tent blocked by snow, Reidar Bjornstad slashes open the side of the tent and the others rush the opening, crushing him in the process. Members of Tent 2 wake up to the noise of the panic. One member comes to the assistance of Bjornstad while the others follow their peers down the mountain.

April 9, 11:30 p.m. local time: The group assesses their situation and begins to work on emergency survival techniques, attempting to locate scrub with which to build a fire. Jørgen Huseth would have departed back up the mountain at this time. With things seemingly under control, he had time to investigate what happened at the top of the ridge. Reidar Bjornstad passes from a combination of his injuries and hypothermia.

April 10, 12:00 a.m. local time: Anders Norgaard dies swiftly from hypothermia after experiencing paradoxical undressing. The pace of scrub-finding would have intensified at this point after watching two members of the party die.

April 10, 12:15 a.m. local time: Hans Ulven dies from hypothermia as a result of fleeing Tent 1 woefully underdressed. Around this time it is likely that Astrid Mauseth sustained fractured her leg while searching for viable scrub to burn.

April 10, 12:30 a.m. local time: Jørgen Huseth dies mysteriously on the other side of the ridge. Given that his internal organs suggest some sort of high-pressure event, speculation about meteorological and possibly military atmospheric weapons testing abound in an attempt to explain the manner of his death. Around this same time, it is speculated that Kjell Varland fell to his death while searching for burnable scrub.

April 10, 1:00 a.m. local time: Autopsy results peg this as the most likely time for Gunnar Kleppel to have died after injuring his hands and a foot while trying to make his way back to the tents atop the ridge.

April 10, 2:00 a.m. local time: Autopsy results suggest this as the approximate time of death of Einar Halvøsen.

April 10, 2:30 a.m. local time: Kristian Tufte dies from hypothermia. This likely spurs Didrik Bohler to begin his own ill-fated ascent toward the tents.

April 10, 2:45 a.m. local time: Astrid Mauseth succumbs to her injuries and hypothermia, leaving Austad and Egner the last remaining members at the emergency site.

April 10, 3:00 a.m. local time: Bohler dies during his ascent. The well-layered tandem of Austad and Egner persevere for much longer after this point.

April 10, 5:30 a.m. local time: Sissel Egner passes away due to her smaller stature despite making a good fight against the cold in all her layers.

April 10, 6:30 a.m. local time: Lars Austad is believed to be the last member of the Halvøsen party to perish. It is unknown if he knew he was the final living member at the time.

April 13: Friends of the Halvøsen party grow concerned and alert authorities that they have not heard from the party yet, as they were told they would by this point.

April 15: A search party is forced to pull back due to the first of two additional snow storms striking the mountain.

April 18: Another snow storm complicates search efforts.

April 20: Full rescue and recovery efforts begin on the northern side of Jiehkkevárri.

April 22: The emergency site is located, as well as the bodies found there.

April 23: The bodies of Kleppel, Halvøsen, and Bohler are found.

April 24: Huseth’s body is found on the other side of the ridge.

April 28: The body of Kjell Varland is located in a ravine near the emergency site. All bodies are accounted for and families of the dead are contacted.

Not everyone will agree with my explanation of the unseen forces that drove these poor souls to their deaths, but this is the best explanation using the original reports, autopsies, and subsequent reports and findings available to the public.

May the Halvøsen party all rest in peace.
My Banners:
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I was hoping we would get to page 117
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for hosting @G-Man. The flavor was ominous and fascinating.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

gg!

Stop yeeting me!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:38 pm gg!

Stop yeeting me!
This time I didn’t do it!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:44 pm

Stop yeeting me!
This time I didn’t do it!
True! I was a perfect sheep!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

So as with just about all of my games, I have a few fun tidbits to share with you:

1) This game was inspired by the real-life mysterious demise of a group of Soviet trekkers in the Ural Mountains back in 1959. Check out the Dyatlov Pass Incident for a real chilling read!

2) I used real locations in Norway in my flavor. Jiehkkevárri is a real mountain in northern Norway, and I used Google Maps to try to find a good place for the fateful ridge, but I have no idea if the physical traits of the mountain match what I put into my story.

3) When researching Norwegian surnames, I found a great site/article with a ton of surnames that happened to be written by someone I went to college with. Freaky!

4) My spellcheck hated me quite a bit this game due to all the Norwegian names.

5) I very nearly gave away the solve! Early on I said that I would make your characters match your preferred pronouns. Well, in the Night 5 post, I mentioned Austad and Egner for the first time, and I listed their full names initially. Anyone canny enough to check the gender of Sissel would have learned it was a female name. I eventually caught my error, as leaving that information in the flavor would have made it apparent that the two remaining town members were comprised of one male and one female, thus clearing Fingersplints after Alison's chop.

6) I wasn't following the game very much at all. The mods, bless their hearts, were working in shifts to keep up with all the thread-spew, but I was too busy to read most of my own game! It's the most detached I've been as a host, but the mountainous setup allowed me more flexibility and freedom in the flavor.

7) Having hosted my first Mountainous game, I have now hosted every type of game on The Syndicate except for a Sit-Down special event game.

Thank you all for making this game possible! I thought I was going to take a break from hosting for the whole year, but the opportunity presented itself and it's been a lot of fun. Thanks to the mods for keeping track of things. Thanks to the players for taking purely vanilla setup and turning it into quite the adventure!

Until next time,
-G

@Alison
@Boquise
@Creature
@DrWilgy
@Dyslexicon
@EnderWiggin
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@JaggedJimmyJay
@lucy
@MacDougall
@Marmot
@NateTheLesser
@RondoDimBuckle
@Seanzie

My Banners:
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

I just want to say that I'm proud of my D1 read where I was like "This thread feels like towncore is infested"

And I was right.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:37 pm Thanks for hosting @G-Man. The flavor was ominous and fascinating.
Thanks, but the flavor isn't completely original...
G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:50 pm 1) This game was inspired by the real-life mysterious demise of a group of Soviet trekkers in the Ural Mountains back in 1959. Check out the Dyatlov Pass Incident for a real chilling read!
I think you might like the original mystery. I encourage everyone to check it out!
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:50 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:45 pm I’m a little concerned about the potential for toxicity. We should avoid using language like “X hates the way I play”. If you have that perception, @RondoDimBuckle, we can and should talk about it. Let’s just be mindful please and thank you
In the interest of not being a total ass. I dont mean hates me as in me, just my slot. I dont see it as a bad thing, its normal to dislike other peoples playstyles but that is half the fun. Ill rephrase going forward if you're talking in your capacity as a mod
Definitely don’t mean as a mod. Just a suggestion for the sake of game state thanks :beer:
By the way, sorry townies for this exchange up here.

It was unintentional. Rondo actually thought I might be speaking from a moderation capacity instead of just distancing. We definitely didn't mean to bring that into the game as a strategy, and I'm glad it never really came up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

ggwp everyone

thanks for keeping it chill and congrats wolves
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 198

Post by fingersplints »

Lol damn I thought we had it. Oh well. Good game all and thanks for hosting G!
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison
Posts in topic: 347
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

gg
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 594

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh.

Gg, mafia.

Thanks for the game @G-Man !
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 594

Post by Dyslexicon »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:48 am Lol damn I thought we had it. Oh well. Good game all and thanks for hosting G!
Well played, fingers!
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 714

Post by Boquise »

Creature wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:07 pm Image
Aww Creature! It is fine! Awesome meme tbh! I will save it

You didn't fail me. It happens.

My gameplay was, overall, atrocious this game. A mix of having a bad game, busy with jury, and then a general burn out of the game afterwards were not good. I hope I can perform better next time!

GG wolves! Great job!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It was a weird game overall. I kinda think both teams played well early (even if it looked bad in terms of town losses, town was still getting there), and both teams played worse late. Everyone had at least a little hand in both, definitely myself included.

So it goes. We're all great; we're all terrible; we're all humans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:04 pm

My gameplay was, overall, atrocious this game. A mix of having a bad game, busy with jury, and then a general burn out of the game afterwards were not good. I hope I can perform better next time!

GG wolves! Great job!
We didn't kill you because you were doing bad tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:04 pm

GG wolves! Great job!
We didn't kill you because you were doing bad tbh
As in, the reason for us killing you was because you were doing good

I just realized that message can be read both ways lol
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

JJJ and Alison in the same team… dayum!
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 135

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:09 pm Thanks guys for being in my first forum wolf game
You're very good at wolfing man.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:50 pm So as with just about all of my games, I have a few fun tidbits to share with you:

1) This game was inspired by the real-life mysterious demise of a group of Soviet trekkers in the Ural Mountains back in 1959. Check out the Dyatlov Pass Incident for a real chilling read!

2) I used real locations in Norway in my flavor. Jiehkkevárri is a real mountain in northern Norway, and I used Google Maps to try to find a good place for the fateful ridge, but I have no idea if the physical traits of the mountain match what I put into my story.

3) When researching Norwegian surnames, I found a great site/article with a ton of surnames that happened to be written by someone I went to college with. Freaky!

4) My spellcheck hated me quite a bit this game due to all the Norwegian names.

5) I very nearly gave away the solve! Early on I said that I would make your characters match your preferred pronouns. Well, in the Night 5 post, I mentioned Austad and Egner for the first time, and I listed their full names initially. Anyone canny enough to check the gender of Sissel would have learned it was a female name. I eventually caught my error, as leaving that information in the flavor would have made it apparent that the two remaining town members were comprised of one male and one female, thus clearing Fingersplints after Alison's chop.

6) I wasn't following the game very much at all. The mods, bless their hearts, were working in shifts to keep up with all the thread-spew, but I was too busy to read most of my own game! It's the most detached I've been as a host, but the mountainous setup allowed me more flexibility and freedom in the flavor.

7) Having hosted my first Mountainous game, I have now hosted every type of game on The Syndicate except for a Sit-Down special event game.

Thank you all for making this game possible! I thought I was going to take a break from hosting for the whole year, but the opportunity presented itself and it's been a lot of fun. Thanks to the mods for keeping track of things. Thanks to the players for taking purely vanilla setup and turning it into quite the adventure!

Until next time,
-G

@Alison
@Boquise
@Creature
@DrWilgy
@Dyslexicon
@EnderWiggin
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@JaggedJimmyJay
@lucy
@MacDougall
@Marmot
@NateTheLesser
@RondoDimBuckle
@Seanzie

Pre-in me for every game you make man. I mean that. I love your games.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Stop yeeting me!
was game losing here and avoidable as you were not wolfy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Alison @RondoDimBuckle

:noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”