RondoDimBuckle (formerly Bea)
13%
Roxy
38%
S~V~S
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
The CIA (host/mods/dead/non-player option)
44%

Total votes: 16
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 28

Lawyers, Guns and Money- [TOWN WINS!]

Post by G-Man »

LAWYERS, GUNS AND MONEY

A G-Man Game
This is a Heist game, featuring 5 power roles among 14 civilians and 3 mafia.

Premise: A spoiled trust-fund son of a congressman has gotten himself into trouble in another country. Will he succeed at dodging accountability for his actions with the help of an elite CIA extraction team, or will the people of Puerto Cortes bring him and his American conspirators to justice for the wrongs they commit?

PLAYERS

Alive:
Dennis
falcon45ca
fingersplints
Golden
Neon (replaced jack shepherd)
RondoDimBuckle (replaced bea)
Roxy
S~V~S
Seanzie

Dead:
DrWilgy- Chopped Day 1 (Vanilla Town)
Marmot- Killed Night 1 (Vanilla Town)
Sabiplz- Chopped Day 2 (Vanilla Town)
Soneji- Chopped Day 3 (Vanilla Town)
Vivax (replaced Matahari)- Chopped Day 4 (Vanilla Mafia)
Kate- Killed Night 4 (Vanilla Town)
lucy- Chopped Day 5 (Mafia Power Blocker)
Scotty- Killed Night 5 (Town Doctor)

HOST & MOD ISO POSTS
G-Man (host)
sabie12 (mod)
Epignosis (mod)

Game Posts:
Sign-Ups Intro Post #1
Sign-Ups Intro Post #2
This Is How Rumors Get Started: Night 0 Begins
Port-Side Plans: Day 1 Begins
Fish Out of Water: Day 1 Ends- DrWilgy is chopped. He was Vanilla Town.
Brinkmanship: Night 1 Ends- Marmot is killed. He was Vanilla Town.
Cheap Holidays in Other Peoples' Misery: Day 2 Ends- Sabiplz is chopped. They were Vanilla Town.
Containment: Night 2 Ends- Nobody dies.
Stranger in a Strange Land: Day 3 Ends- Soneji is chopped. He was Vanilla Town.
Residentura: Night 3 Ends- Nobody dies.
Muy Picante: Day 4 Ends- Vivax is chopped. He was Money, Vanilla Mafia.
Massive Retaliation: Night 4 Ends- Kate is killed. She was Vanilla Town.
One of Those Days: Day 5 Ends- Lucy is chopped. She was Guns, Mafia Power Blocker.
Mutually Assured Destruction: Night 5 Ends- Scotty is killed. He was Town Doctor.

POLLS

Day 1 Poll
Spoiler: show

Day 2 Poll

Day 3 Poll

Day 4 Poll

Day 5 Poll
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [PRE-GAME CONTENT]

Post by G-Man »

IMPORTANT STUFF THAT YOU SHOULD READ
Remember that the premier rules in any Syndicate Mafia game come straight from the site rules. Review those rules below, and direct any concerns you may have to the host or moderator(s) on duty.

[Link] Rules and Guidelines on The Syndicate

Also always be mindful of the culture of respect that must be maintained in all Syndicate spaces at all times, to include this game thread and any external communication spaces relating to the game. Players must be respectful to one another, to the game host, to the members of the staff overseeing the game, to the game itself by way of its rules and spirit, to the Syndicate community in general, and ideally also to themselves. Respect is never optional. See our full manifesto on our culture of respect below.

[Link] A Syndicate Mafia Culture of Respect

GAMEPLAY:
1. Days are 48 hours long. I will do everything in my power to keep poll deadlines consistent.
2. Nights are 24 hours long. Per current site norms, night phases will locked during this game.
3. Only those players who have BTSC may communicate with each other outside of the game thread but ONLY in designated BTSC threads or chat rooms. For everyone else, no game-related discussion is permitted outside the game thread.
4. Votes in the poll are the only votes that count. It's helpful but not mandatory that you declare your vote in the thread in a way that stands out to the host.
5. All votes are changeable all the way up to the deadline.
6. A tied day poll will result in no death. Votes matter. There will be no coin flips to determine poll results.
7. Standard alignment wincons are in effect.
8. Dead is dead; you don't get to come back from that. Dead players will have their BTSC rights removed.
9. Alignments will be revealed upon death.
10. I will probably end phases between 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. EST for this game. Any earlier is a challenge for me with getting the kids to bed.
11. The game thread will be locked during night phases.

RULES:
1) Be kind to everyone.
2) If you feel like another player is out of line or making/taking things personal/ly, contact our delightful game mod, sabie12.
3) No BTSC regarding the game outside of the game thread(s). Players are told in their rolecard if they have BTSC. If you don't have it, don't engage in it. Violating this rule will result in a modkill.
4) Role-claiming and info-dumping are prohibited in this game unless otherwise specified in the roles..
5) No editing or deleting posts.
6) Self-voting is prohibited.
7) Double-targeting is prohibited.
7) Off-topic posts should be in OT Green.
8) Dead players are to post in Dead Red.
9) Non-Players should post in Non-Player Blue.
10) This is the host's color. Do not post in this color.
11) Participation is polite and respectful to everyone involved. If I feel you may not be paying attention to the game, I will reach out to you. Replacements may be employed if necessary. If you sign up, please play. If you can't play, request replacement.
12) No modkills in this game for inactivity. If you abandon your slot, then your slot will remain empty until a replacement can be found, which hurts your team. If you cannot play, request a replacement.
13) Additional rules will be added/revealed on an as-needed basis.

ROLES:
1) This game is a 17-player Heist, featuring 14 town and 3 mafia.
2) Twelve roles (eleven town and one mafia) are vanilla.
3) Five roles (three town and two mafia) have powers.

Everyone playing the game received one of the following role cards:

TOWN ROLES:
You are vanilla town. You have no special abilities and all members of the mafia must be eliminated for you to win.
You are the Town Cop. Each night, you may alignment check one other player. You may roleclaim and infodump only once during the game. When you infodump, you may reveal the alignment of no more than two other players. Once you infodump, you will become vanilla for the remainder of the game. You must infodump before the mafia is down to their last living player or you will not be allowed to reveal their alignment if you know it.
You are the Town Deputy. Each night, you may alignment check one other player. You only receive information if the Town Cop is blocked, protected, or killed during the night phase. If the Town Cop is chopped or killed, the Deputy becomes a regular Town Cop and will receive their alignment check results each night. Because you are a deputy and still learning your craft, you may never roleclaim or infodump during the game, even if the Town Cop is eliminated. Any and all information that you receive must be worked into cases built for or against other players.
You are the Town Doctor. Each night, you may protect one player of your choice. This will protect that player from all powers as well as the kill during the night phase. Self-protection is limited to once all game.

MAFIA ROLES:
You are Lawyers, the Mafia's conditional vote blocker. Let's face it, lawyers are only effective in these situations when guns and money are around to back them up. If both of your teammates, Guns and Money, are still alive, you can select two players each night and their votes will be secretly voided the following day phase. If only one of your teammates are still alive, you can select only one player each night and their vote will be secretly voided the following day. If both of your teammates are dead, this role becomes vanilla.
You are Guns, the Mafia power blocker. Each night you may block any player of your choice from using a night power. This blocking power is trumped by the Town Doctor's protection power.
You are Money, a vanilla member of the Mafia.
My Banners:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [PRE-GAME; DO NOT POST]

Post by sabie12 »

Hello! I'm @sabie12 , one of your friendly neighborhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs). @Epignosis and I are partnering as your MoDs for this game.

If you would like to reach one of us, you can PM us here on the Syndicate or DM us on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

sabie12
Discord ID: sabie12#0567
Click Me
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4)

While it is not necessary to include both of us in a message, it can help—especially if you need help sooner rather than later! We ask that you please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging one of us is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violations. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host @G-Man. Please have fun and enjoy the game!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [Night 0]

Post by G-Man »

THIS IS HOW RUMORS GET STARTED

Luis Alvarado rushed home to his father. He wasn't one to exaggerate, so his father took him at his word when Luis told him about the strange men he overheard at the station.

Hector Alvarado had studied abroad in his days as a young man. He was exceptionally gifted as a boy and his studies took him far from his rural village in the mountains of Honduras. Hector absorbed enough English during his two years in California to thrive, and he taught all that he remembered to his precious boy Luis. They lived a modest life in Puerto Cortes; Hector worked for the government as a city planner, and Puerto Cortes was to receive quite the overhaul in the coming years.

Luis knew very little about America, but his father had taught him how to recognize the particular dialect Americans were prone to adopt when they tried to speak Spanish. That's what he recognized at the station this afternoon. Three men trying to blend in, but speaking in a very American-sounding Spanish. They spoke of dangerous things that confused Luis.

Hector had a run-in or two as a student in California to know that the United States government was never to be trusted too far. This talk about finding a young American man at any cost struck a chord with Hector. He asked around to see if any of his colleagues had heard of any Americans nosing about, but no one had heard anything. Yet.

Regardless of how crazy it may have sounded, Hector reached out to the local police. If Americans were milling about, it was probably best for someone to keep an eye on them.

----------------------

THE GAME HAS BEGUN!

NIGHT 0 WILL LAST FOR 24 HOURS.
My Banners:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [PRE-GAME; DO NOT POST]

Post by Kate »

First!!!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
jack shepherd
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Lawyers, Guns and Money- [NIGHT 0]

Post by jack shepherd »

second?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I take it we are not locking the thread for night 0? And no poll?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Kate wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm I take it we are not locking the thread for night 0? And no poll?
No, Night 0 is like Day 0 if you ever encountered them before. It's so people have a full day to check into the game. Locking the thread would obviously not be very helpful for people trying to check in. ;) As of right now, a few people still have not viewed their role card PM. I couldn't think of a poll option for Day 0 on the fly, so we're going without one.
My Banners:
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

T
O
W
N

S
T
R
E
A
K
I
N
G
!
!
!
!
!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Like fifth I think?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

G-Man wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:08 pm
Kate wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm I take it we are not locking the thread for night 0? And no poll?
No, Night 0 is like Day 0 if you ever encountered them before. It's so people have a full day to check into the game. Locking the thread would obviously not be very helpful for people trying to check in. ;) As of right now, a few people still have not viewed their role card PM. I couldn't think of a poll option for Day 0 on the fly, so we're going without one.
This is the first game I've played with locked nights starting from the beginning. Thanks!!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 294

Post by S~V~S »

Yay game!

I love this song, my Dad claims we’re related to Warren Zevon, but my Dad says a lot of things that are BS.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 27

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:11 pm T
O
W
N

S
T
R
E
A
K
I
N
G
!
!
!
!
!
Last game as town you felt the need to scum claim first, then yell town streaking. This time you lack the first.

I've got my eye on you.

Also Imma doc pleasure to meet you.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

So, can mafia kill or powers be used or whatever right now?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Dennis wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:32 pm So, can mafia kill or powers be used or whatever right now?
No powers are used on Night 0. It is strictly a time for folks to check into the game.
My Banners:
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I see. Thank you.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:31 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:11 pm T
O
W
N

S
T
R
E
A
K
I
N
G
!
!
!
!
!
Last game as town you felt the need to scum claim first, then yell town streaking. This time you lack the first.

I've got my eye on you.

Also Imma doc pleasure to meet you.
:shrug: Imma also a doc, pleased.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Eh, what's up doc?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:08 pm Eh, what's up doc?
Technically, I'm a doctor as well. :noble:
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Soneji »

Checking in, shaking off the rust.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kate wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:43 pm
Eh, what's up doc?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:04 am Checking in, shaking off the rust.
Oi, long time no see. How've you been?
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

penis
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

slank cover for n0 and d1
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 441
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hi I am Scotty and I am most definitely a dog
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:07 am
Eh, what's up doc?
Okay enough about our academic successes. I think this game is no claims.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

lucy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:32 am slank cover for n0 and d1
Rejected. If you don't 1k-post D1 I'm leading a wagon on you.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 am
Eh, what's up doc?
I already claimed dog.

Somebody pet me

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm going to scumside and agree with Seanzie.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:00 am
Eh, what's up doc?
I already claimed dog.

Somebody pet me
No.

None of that.
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:00 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:00 am
Eh, what's up doc?
I already claimed dog.

Somebody pet me
No.

None of that.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Soneji »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:08 am
Been good, enjoying mafia retirement.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by Golden »

I can finally start developing my new meta of phoning it in.

Ima sheep some people this game and not apologise for it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nice to play with you again after so long mata, roxy, soneji and marmot. And hello people who are new to me.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Yippee game. We are traveling today. We will be going through Greenbank, WVA and there is zero wireless there because of the radio telescope. Missed everyone, hope new people love my life posting style. ❤
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 294

Post by S~V~S »

This should be interesting. I've already seen some jargon I'm clueless about. Fun to see people I haven't played with in a LOONG time like Roxy, people I haven't seen in a long time (only 1 "O" and no caps) like Soneji, and people I never met.

Also neat to see nubs Dennis & Jack who I know IRL, but haven't seen in a LOONG time.

I am having family Thanksgiving today and I'm cooking, so you won't be seeing me around here. I will have time sometime around when Day One starts.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:09 am I can finally start developing my new meta of phoning it in.

Good way to start a new meta of rolling mafia if ya ask me

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 84
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Soneji wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:38 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:08 am
Been good, enjoying mafia retirement.
Welcome back, you've been missed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:10 am Nice to play with you again after so long mata, roxy, soneji and marmot. And hello people who are new to me.
Golden hasn't been nightkilled yet, he must be a wolf.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Hmm, clearly that didn't do anything.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Matahari »

Check. Present. Here! :welcome:
I'm so happy to see my OGs, and to meet all you New Gs.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There can be only one G (and he is the host)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:32 pm So, can mafia kill or powers be used or whatever right now?
This would be a very slick question for a newbie thrown into a mafia team to ask... :ponder:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:51 am
Golden wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:09 am I can finally start developing my new meta of phoning it in.

Good way to start a new meta of rolling mafia if ya ask me
Maybe it is. I didn’t specify.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:08 pm
This would be a very slick question for a newbie thrown into a mafia team to ask... :ponder:
Meh, we were all thinking it (weren’t we?)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

Yay game :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:34 pm
Lol, I mostly just wanted to see how he'd handle me giving him shit :grin:

(That's my baby boy in case you didn't know)
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Kate wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:32 pm

irl spawn?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

lucy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:42 pm
Kate wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:32 pm

irl spawn?
Yes
Gro-oo-ovy
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

very interesting

Return to “Previous Heists”