Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Golden wrote:OK, here's what I got.

Xander and Watari both appear to rely on another role from their own game being in the game. In Xander's case, the role seems almost entirely pointless and unable to adapt to this game. Watari I could see being adapted, and its also kind of cool so I could see it being used.

Duncan Idaho is decent, but relatively normal. There are other more interesting roles from Dune I think would be more likely to be included. Finn McMissile also seems like a relatively normal role, although in a game that seems relatively traditional all up. So Finn is a decent option.

On the other hand, the role of Ezekiel seems seriously epic, but in a game where there are lots of unusual and interesting roles to choose from. But I think Ezekiel stands out to me the most, so thats the way I'm going.
You seem to be relying on the assumption that the roles have been copy/pasted from their source material. Any one of these roles could have been reflavored to fit the GoC.
Copying what others say, huh?

Check.

:smoky:
Saying what others copy, eh?

Mate.
Attachments
Shinji.png
Shinji.png (74.58 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am seeing a woeful lack of rules reading :suspish:
That's quite scandalous.

These are the roles mentioned in the poll:

Ezekiel - Biblical Mafia - Civvie
Xander Crews - Frisky Dingo - Civvie
Finn McMissile - Disney Cars - Mafia
Watari - Death Note - Civvie
Duncan Idaho - Dune - Civvie

I'm not familiar with any of these roles. Where's the War Monger? :p
Not that roles are necessarily the same team than in the original game, but I doubt the role that is included that is the poll choice is not a mafia role, just because that would give unfair advantage to the team that knew that. Similarly, I'm not sure a mafia role would be included because the mafia would know if it was still a mafia role (or one mafia would know if there is more than one baddie team). Just some thoughts.
Ricochet wrote:Ah, the "role" (chara) / "role" (power) term differences (for me, it usually stands for character, fwiw). What makes you so sure, Golden, that the characters in this game will be imported with their original power?
This.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:I need to wrap my brain around this game. I don't think I've played a champions game before--although I did co-host one. Cupcakes FTW!! Just got back from vacation...way too tired to think through what roles are included and how that decision may have been made. Will ponder after sleep. To do so earlier would be scandalous.
Waffly day 1 post = u bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:OK, here's what I got.

Xander and Watari both appear to rely on another role from their own game being in the game. In Xander's case, the role seems almost entirely pointless and unable to adapt to this game. Watari I could see being adapted, and its also kind of cool so I could see it being used.

Duncan Idaho is decent, but relatively normal. There are other more interesting roles from Dune I think would be more likely to be included. Finn McMissile also seems like a relatively normal role, although in a game that seems relatively traditional all up. So Finn is a decent option.

On the other hand, the role of Ezekiel seems seriously epic, but in a game where there are lots of unusual and interesting roles to choose from. But I think Ezekiel stands out to me the most, so thats the way I'm going.
Making a big point over a bunch of nothing = u bad.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G-Man »

Hunger Games? More like...

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What about me, Mac? :puppy:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

I don't know anything, but it is the only information available to me that could assist in making a decision. If all the roles have changed, then answering this poll correctly is a shot in the dark.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:What about me, Mac? :puppy:
You haven't pinged the great and mighty day 1 scum radar of Mac. Golden, Lorab did. Ergo, they are definitely bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Making a big point over a bunch of nothing = u bad.
Saying day zero polls are a bunch of nothing = you bad (ok, maybe not, but I really don't like the sentiment).

How much more content did I post about the day zero poll in Star Wars, Mac? I analysed those options good. Were you right about me being bad there?

I have fewer pet hates then people treating day zero/night zero polls as useless. In my games, they are always meaningful and solvable, and I treat them as such in anyone elses game. So many people dismissing it as unsolvable bothers me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:I need to wrap my brain around this game. I don't think I've played a champions game before--although I did co-host one. Cupcakes FTW!! Just got back from vacation...way too tired to think through what roles are included and how that decision may have been made. Will ponder after sleep. To do so earlier would be scandalous.
"Day 1" lolz

linki: It's not Day, foo!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, the great and mighty day one scum radar of Mac has failed you in this game.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I agree with Mac that this poll doesn't seem a big deal, nor is deciding upon an option.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The trick to day 1 is... don't read the posts, read the tone. Lorab especially reads tone bad. I can feel the backspaces she wrote as she second guessed her way into a fumbly first post. She bad, def bad.

Linki: I also analysed those options in Star Wars. I got no beef with you analysing the options, but you dived in so dramatically and are taking it so seriously. It's hard to say where my magical day 1 pings come from, but they are definitely magical.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Making a big point over a bunch of nothing = u bad.
Saying day zero polls are a bunch of nothing = you bad (ok, maybe not, but I really don't like the sentiment).

How much more content did I post about the day zero poll in Star Wars, Mac? I analysed those options good. Were you right about me being bad there?

I have fewer pet hates then people treating day zero/night zero polls as useless. In my games, they are always meaningful and solvable, and I treat them as such in anyone elses game. So many people dismissing it as unsolvable bothers me.
FTR, I don't dismiss this poll as unsolvable. I just happened to solve it rather quickly.

Linki- Buddying up to Mac "Han Solo" Dougall super early so he won't add you to his U-Bad List? :eye:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
"Day 1" lolz

Shut up night 0 and day 1 are the same thing. :nicenod:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Well, the great and mighty day one scum radar of Mac has failed you in this game.
So you know for a fact that Lorab is good then?

:eye:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
"Day 1" lolz

Shut up night 0 and day 1 are the same thing. :nicenod:
You can't lynch, you can't kill. It's Night oh
DharmaHelper wrote:
Linki- Buddying up to Mac "Han Solo" Dougall super early so he won't add you to his U-Bad List? :eye:
He already said he doesn't feel threatened by me. :shrug2:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:Well, the great and mighty day one scum radar of Mac has failed you in this game.

:rolleyes:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

:rolleyes:
:evileye:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I don't remember any of the roles listed and think it's just scandalous that I have to go back and take a look at what their powers were in past games.

It took me six times to post this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:The trick to day 1 is... don't read the posts, read the tone. Lorab especially reads tone bad. I can feel the backspaces she wrote as she second guessed her way into a fumbly first post. She bad, def bad.

Linki: I also analysed those options in Star Wars. I got no beef with you analysing the options, but you dived in so dramatically and are taking it so seriously. It's hard to say where my magical day 1 pings come from, but they are definitely magical.
I not, def not. That was painful to type.

You've never played a game with me bad--how do you know how to read my tone? Oh, and wait, you thought I was bad last game, too. And were wrong. Just saying.

:lorab:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A civvie LoRab constantly denies being anything but civ. Mindblowing stuff there. As if a non-civvie LoRab would claim otherwise.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:The trick to day 1 is... don't read the posts, read the tone. Lorab especially reads tone bad. I can feel the backspaces she wrote as she second guessed her way into a fumbly first post. She bad, def bad.

I don't really care where they come from. I have them too, and I think my day zero, day one gut is right a lot more often than probability should let it be. I agree with tone reading, especially in early game, as being a very successful catching ground for baddies, and I always have. I'm just saying your magical radar is wrong in this game, since you have named two suspects and at least 50% of them are town (specifically, me).

If you go doing what you like to do and be all twisty turny... such as knowing you named me as a suspect, but pretending I must have info on LoRab when I say I know you are wrong... that bothers me. It's manipulative, and reminds me more of your TH play than either Dune or Star Wars.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:

I don't really care where they come from. I have them too, and I think my day zero, day one gut is right a lot more often than probability should let it be. I agree with tone reading, especially in early game, as being a very successful catching ground for baddies, and I always have. I'm just saying your magical radar is wrong in this game, since you have named two suspects and at least 50% of them are town (specifically, me).

If you go doing what you like to do and be all twisty turny... such as knowing you named me as a suspect, but pretending I must have info on LoRab when I say I know you are wrong... that bothers me. It's manipulative, and reminds me more of your TH play than either Dune or Star Wars.
You say I like to be twisty turny but then you say it's only indicative of me as bad? Bulllllllshit. You said it yourself, I like doing it. I will tug at whatever pings me any time throughout the game no matter my alignment and you know it. You literally just went through me doing it as civ with you in Star Wars so to say it reminds you of TH over the game we just played is an outright lie and you know it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:I agree with Mac that this poll doesn't seem a big deal, nor is deciding upon an option.
OK, well since in your world taking a point of view = 'being so sure'

What makes you so sure in your judgment that the poll doesn't 'seem' to be a big deal? What is it about the poll that makes it seem unimportant? Why is deciding upon an option so easy for you? It also seemed easy for DH, but then you picked different options...

@HOSTS - does any player have any particular potential benefit from any of the poll options getting more votes than the others?

linki @Mac - call it day one magic, then, eh. I don't find that post you made about me 'knowing LoRab is good' to have any frame of reference in Dune or Star Wars. You knew full well that isn't what I said or meant, and it certainly wasn't a ping. It was just you setting a trap.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
@HOSTS - does any player have any particular potential benefit from any of the poll options getting more votes than the others?
And you would expect an answer to this...why?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
And you would expect an answer to this...why?
Hope?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I agree with Mac that this poll doesn't seem a big deal, nor is deciding upon an option.
OK, well since in your world taking a point of view = 'being so sure'

What makes you so sure in your judgment that the poll doesn't 'seem' to be a big deal? What is it about the poll that makes it seem unimportant? Why is deciding upon an option so easy for you? It also seemed easy for DH, but then you picked different options...

linki @Mac - call it day one magic, then, eh. I don't find that post you made about me 'knowing LoRab is good' to have any frame of reference in Dune or Star Wars. You knew full well that isn't what I said or meant, and it certainly wasn't a ping. It was just you setting a trap.
That is because I unburdened myself. Make free your mind and you too will know which poll option to vote for.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote: What makes you so sure in your judgment that the poll doesn't 'seem' to be a big deal? What is it about the poll that makes it seem unimportant? Why is deciding upon an option so easy for you? It also seemed easy for DH, but then you picked different options...
I picked the character I liked the most, that's why it was so easy. :shrug: Also, it has nothing to do with what DH or anyone else picked. I had to check to remind myself who Xander and Finn even were. Plus, I didn't even take in account Duncan's abilities from Dune, because a) I didn't play Dune; b) Dune was closed setup and I didn't thoroughly review the revealed powers afterwards and c) I don't share the point of view that the roles have been imported with precisely the same power, as to judge them by that.

The poll doesn't "seeeeeeem" like a big deal to me, because unlike you, I treat it as a guessing game. I believe you analysed which roles would be "cool enough" to warrant inclusion. For all I know, instead, they could all be added or some/most/just one of them could. To me, the Hosts already were the judges of that. Any benefits from voting either the right option (in case only one of these characters was included) or any option (in case it doesn't really matter) will either be revealed publicly (like the correct role or the role with the most votes that exists being revealed in the roster, for the knowledge of all the players) or won't, in which case it won't matter, since benefit (prize) talks aren't allowed, so we won't be any wiser. Hence, not a big deal.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hmm, yeah I assumed that only one was included, but I see from the poll title it is ambiguous and could be more than one.

Whatever, I'm just using the tools I have available to do what I can to make the best choice. Right now I'm wondering if the best tool I have is actually listening to DH.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Baed. I actually have rehearsals in six hours, Christ almighty.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 49

Post by sig »

I find this game scandalous so far. I'm not sure which option to vote on. I don't recall the role in Dune and I doubt it is Xander Crews as they are the people who had their heads blown up in Llama's game. (I think)
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Duncan Idaho cuz I like the name.

Also, yay game!
Image Image Image Image
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Voting for Watari because Death Note.

Also, I'm not going to play the same as before, so unconscious playstyle change isn't a valid accusation against me this game. Looking at you J3.

Scandalous.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What about conscious playstyle change?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Voting for Watari because Death Note.

Also, I'm not going to play the same as before, so unconscious playstyle change isn't a valid accusation against me this game. Looking at you J3.

Scandalous.
If I have never played with you before how do I know you are telling the truth when you say you will not play the same as you have before? Why is this a valid defense? Were you a baddie when last you played? :ninja:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:What about conscious playstyle change?
Actually, hold on a tick, wouldn't choosing not to play the same as before be conscious rather than unconscious?

RADICAL FUZZ MORE LIKE RADICAL LIAR

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Scandalous.
LYNCH: RadicalFuzz
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Black Rock »

DrWilgy wrote:

Scandalous.

Already?

I am going to vote for Watari.
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Scandalous.

Already?

I am going to vote for Watari.
Duh, and I implore everyone else to do the same.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Wilgy - vote for Fuzz, or vote for Watari?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Some scandalous evening, you may see a game of nubs. :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I see we are fully under way in classic scandalous Syndicate style! I (pretty much single-handedly) won Biblical Mafia so I'm going to high-five my vote directly on to Ezekiel for this poll.

I don't know if this Macdougall instinct thing is legit or not, but I'll be impressed if it is!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tranq wrote:Finn McMissile - Disney Cars - Mafia
Finn McMissile was Mafia? :smoky:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:I see we are fully under way in classic scandalous Syndicate style! I (pretty much single-handedly) won Biblical Mafia so I'm going to high-five my vote directly on to Ezekiel for this poll.

I don't know if this Macdougall instinct thing is legit or not, but I'll be impressed if it is!
I was gonna be a smart ass but halfway into this post I realized I only won Biblical because my win condition was "you win the game lol"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was going to be a smart ass because lol Pilate
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:I see we are fully under way in classic scandalous Syndicate style! I (pretty much single-handedly) won Biblical Mafia so I'm going to high-five my vote directly on to Ezekiel for this poll.

I was gonna be a smart ass but halfway into this post I realized I only won Biblical because my win condition was "you win the game lol"
You were shitting your pants when Paul (MP) was around. :bighug:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Fucking chatterbox RIH

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Arrrgh there are already three pages. Which is great from an info perspective, bad from a I'm-drinking-Manhattans-and-wasn't-ready-for-this perspective.

But I like this poll. Lots of different interpretations: what roles people liked, which ones they actually think are in the game. Another theory: could this poll actually be determining the role of one player? It could be like a play-in game in the NCAA tournament, as it were. I don't know how closely the roles have been imported, but if they are faithful, that'd seem to hint against Watari, because there were so many role interactions going on in Death Note.

Tranq's slip of calling Finn McMissile mafia (the role was part of a second civ team) is too easily fact-checkable to be intentional, imo.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Fucking chatterbox RIH
Chatterbox indeed! :nicenod:

Obviously I was kidding about singlehandedly winning Biblical. More like I sunk into the lowest hidey-hole that I could and made a few bold and risky assertions, at least one of which was luckily right and got me enough cred to avoid lynch. I couldn't handle the sockpuppetry of it all.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”