The Gunslinger

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

The Gunslinger

Post by G-Man »

I'm dusting off an old relic here. This is the original version of a game I designed back in 2009, possibly one of the first few games I ever designed and hosted. I had to cut it down to 12 roles back then to host it on The Piano as a speed game. To run as a speed game here, it still needs pared back. I'd like your thoughts.

OUTSIDERS:
Roland Deschain
He is the Gunslinger. He is looking for the Man in Black (Walter O'Dim). Every night he investigates one player to see if they are Walter. If he finds Walter, Roland will kill him. Also, every night, Roland has the opportunity to investigate, protect, or kill one player of his choice. He may choose to protect himself, but if he does so, he will kill anyone using a night power on him. He may not use the same ability two nights in a row and may not target the same person to nights in a row.

Walter O'Dim (aka The Man in Black)
Wizard- Jack of all trades; new power each night; taunts Roland each night with a message sent through the game host. He can win with any faction.

Jake Chambers
Is looking for Roland. If he can find Roland, they will gain BTSC and Jake will die in Roland's place to aid him in his quest for the Tower.

Brown
Has BTSC with Zoltan. Invites one player each night to stay at his hut, protecting them but blocking their powers.

Zoltan
Has BTSC with Brown; very talkative- can send a message to one player each night

Slow Mutants (4)
Kill one person each night.

The Oracle
Can attack one person each night; The Oracle will learn the character's role and knock them out for a full day

CITIZENS OF TULL:
Sylvia Pittson
Each night attempts to hypnotize a citizen of Tull; if successful, she controls them for the rest of the game; once she has hypnotized two citizens of Tull, she can also kill one person each night; if one of her minions die and she has fewer than two living Tullians hypnotized, she must hypnotize another before she can kill again.

Alice (Allie)
Barmaid and Roland's lover- Each night looks for Roland; If she finds him, they will gain BTSC and she will be protected from Sylvia's hypnosis; if she finds Nort, he will tell her what the Man in Black showed him and she will be driven mad beg Roland to kill her. And he will.

Sheb
Piano player at the Tull saloon- each night he sends his suspicions to me and it will be re-written as song lyrics in the thread

Aunt Mill
Barfly- Each night she can spike someone's drink. This may have no effect at all, prevent them from voting the next day, or prevent their next vote and night action.

Amy Feldon
Barfly and whore- Lures someone away to their quarters for the night- power blocker

Nort The Grass Eater
Under the control of Walter. Cannot speak in the thread or vote for someone without Walter's permission. If Walter dies, Nort will serve Sylvia Pittson.

Child
Their innocence protects them from being NKed; if they are hypnotized by Sylvia, they lose their immunity. If they are lynched while innocent, there will be two night periods.

Jonson
Born again townie No powers

Castner
Owner of Tull's Dry Goods emporium- no powers

Jubal Kennerly
Livery owner- no powers

Zachary
Barfly- no power

The game also called for riddles from the Cellar Demon. Riddle prizes would have been to learn the identity of a player of your choice. No guarantees that the Cellar Demon will tell the truth though.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Re: The Gunslinger

Post by G-Man »

There are currently 21 roles. My initial thoughts are to simply clear out two of the vanilla Tullians. But there needs to be enough citizens of Tull to give Sylvia a chance to build her faction.

I was also considering dropping the Oracle because, while it seemed a good idea at the time, it's basically a silencing role, which is no longer in vogue.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ooooo

:cloud9:

And maybe the Oracle and one Tullian?

This was so much fun to play. There were a whole string of awesome speed games at the Piano back then.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Golden »

I'm in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Those were good times.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “The Basement”