Epignosis
7%
Nerolunar
27%
Quin
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
I just want to re-sign from this game already (Hosts, deadies, nps, batbears, etc.)
67%

Total votes: 15
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Zodiac Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Bullzeye »

Oh, Llama you were referring to your own post? If I'm sweating it's because I've got the flu. I don't care about my position in your rainbow list, but you were crying about nobody responding to it so I offered an explanation as to why that might be.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 76

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:Oh, Llama you were referring to your own post? If I'm sweating it's because I've got the flu. I don't care about my position in your rainbow list, but you were crying about nobody responding to it so I offered an explanation as to why that might be.
I'm sorry you have the flu. Please get well soon. I like you as a person even though you are probably mafia.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Bulls okay thanks.

@Llama I agree with you his reaction has been weird, it is suspicious, though you doing a rainbow list for the first time ever is also strange, what prompted you to do this. However, I rarely commit to agreeing with someone to early you have to earn my trust and so far I don't trust anyone.

I'd like to see Quin or Epi lynched at some point they where mean to me and I never forgive or forget. :noble:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Quin for wanting to vote for the only option guaranteed to not catch a baddie.
How do you know it's guaranteed not to catch a baddie?
I was referring to the "no lynch" option, for which Quin expressed a preference. If we don't lynch people, it's impossible to catch bad guys.
I can say that this is normal for Quin and not indicative of alignment.
Don't worry, I'm not going to keep my vote there.
I just figured I should give some insight, as the only player with any knowledge of who this mysterious Quin is.

He comes from the same site as Cookie, if anyone remembers playing with her. It was hard to sustain a Mafia community there because there weren't enough active participants in games. As such, Day 1s there were often pretty difficult as people would be heavily reliant on night actions for scum hunting. No Lynches on Day 1 were often supported. This is probably also why he would be nervous about lynching talkative players. In that community, there were only a handful of really talkative players to drive things, and eliminating one of them early could really throw off the balance of a game. That does not need to be a concern here, obviously. But both Quin and Cookie were among the active and capable players, as well as fine gents/ladies who I wanted to play more Mafia with.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

sig wrote: @Llama I agree with you his reaction has been weird, it is suspicious, though you doing a rainbow list for the first time ever is also strange, what prompted you to do this. However, I rarely commit to agreeing with someone to early you have to earn my trust and so far I don't trust anyone.
I think you answered your own question there. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: People I feel bad about:
Bullzeye
SVS
DrWilgy
We've got a little discussion going on the other two, so let's not leave out SVS. Why her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:Got a minor ping on Nero, and I don't like that Wilgy hasn't addressed the votes on him yet that is strange. I'm very confident that I've got a good gut read on G Man though he hasn't posted any memes yet.

@Llama is your post pure gut based or did you take posts into account as well?

@Bull's why did you think Llama's vote was shifty?
I don't see what's strange about it. Is there any evidence that he's even been here since the votes came in? It hasn't been all that long.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:
thellama73 wrote: People I feel bad about:
Bullzeye
SVS
DrWilgy
We've got a little discussion going on the other two, so let's not leave out SVS. Why her?
Again, no reason, pure gut. Although proper context requires me to tell you that SVS and I have a history of always thinking the other one is bad, and usually being wrong.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why make a rainbow if it's so heavily reliant on pure gut reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:Got a minor ping on Nero, and I don't like that Wilgy hasn't addressed the votes on him yet that is strange. I'm very confident that I've got a good gut read on G Man though he hasn't posted any memes yet.

I don't see what's strange about it. Is there any evidence that he's even been here since the votes came in? It hasn't been all that long.

Okay true, why are voting for Wilgy right know?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

thellama73 wrote:
sig wrote: @Llama I agree with you his reaction has been weird, it is suspicious, though you doing a rainbow list for the first time ever is also strange, what prompted you to do this. However, I rarely commit to agreeing with someone to early you have to earn my trust and so far I don't trust anyone.
I think you answered your own question there. :)
Did I? :huh:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Okay true, why are voting for Wilgy right know?
I want to see his response. He just hasn't been online to give it yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:I'd like to see Quin or Epi lynched at some point they where mean to me and I never forgive or forget. :noble:
What'd I do this time? :sigh:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Nerolunar »

Sloonei wrote:Why make a rainbow if it's so heavily reliant on pure gut reads?
Seconding this question. Im under the impression that rainbows are used when someone has a good and fairly solid idea about the various alignments of the players. Llamas rainbow just looked so random to me. Fx what´s the difference between the yellow and green colors at this point anyway? How can someone look slightly bad compared to clearly civ and clearly bad when the first 3 pages barely contained discussion?

I'm going by my gut on this and voting for Llama.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Sorsha »

Really glad G-Man switched his vote off of me, like sig I'm a crabby Cancer and I hold a grudge for a very long time.

Llama- is it true that it was your first time ever making a rainbow list like sig said?

I agree with pressure votes on wilgy, I guessed him as Mafia fairly early in the last heist game so hopefully I can get an early read on him in this game also.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:I'd like to see Quin or Epi lynched at some point they where mean to me and I never forgive or forget. :noble:
What'd I do this time? :sigh:
You should know what you did, but if you can't remember then I won't remind you. Obviously Me and my grudge holding Cancer self isn't important enough to you. Hmph :disappoint:
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Why not? I was bored.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote:Really glad G-Man switched his vote off of me, like sig I'm a crabby Cancer and I hold a grudge for a very long time.

Llama- is it true that it was your first time ever making a rainbow list like sig said?

I agree with pressure votes on wilgy, I guessed him as Mafia fairly early in the last heist game so hopefully I can get an early read on him in this game also.
I don't think it is my literal first time, but I do it infrequently. It's not a typical tool for me.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Llama- never mind that last questions you- you said yourself you never do rainbow lists. Why start now is my new question?

Also this has pinged me:
thellama73 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I'm not content to sit around and wait for Day 1, so I'll get the festivities started with a simple question: 9 vs 3 or 10 vs 2?
Neither. I'm betting it's not as simple as either of those.
Interesting. I could see that. Do you have any particular thoughts?
Not really. I just don't like speculating on things we have no way of knowing. Like Sherlock Holmes said, if you form a theory before the facts are in, you get committed to it and start twisting the facts to fit your theory instead of the other way around. I think it's dangerous.
You don't like speculating but by saying you're 'betting it's not as simple as either of those' you are speculating. It's also an odd statement to make since heist games were designed around the simple basic set up that Mafia started out as so why wouldn't one assume it be as simple as one of those? Unless you know for sure?

I'm voting llama for the time being. It's a half pressure/half suspicion vote.

Linki- sorry, it takes a long time to for me to finger type on my phone
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote: You don't like speculating but by saying you're 'betting it's not as simple as either of those' you are speculating. It's also an odd statement to make since heist games were designed around the simple basic set up that Mafia started out as so why wouldn't one assume it be as simple as one of those? Unless you know for sure?

I'm voting llama for the time being. It's a half pressure/half suspicion vote.
I think there is a difference. I have a long history of crusading against pointless speculation. "Maybe there is a seemer role!" "Maybe there is a recruit!" Maybe there is, but without evidence, it's foolish to pursue these avenues of discussion. In this case, I was asked a question about the distribution of bad guys to good guys. Based on my knowledge of the hosts, I said I doubted it would be that simple, especially given the closed setup. I gave no thought to the fact that the game was a Heist (I think I've only played one other Heist so far) and am still in basic speed game mode. I don't think what I said was really speculation, it was refusing to commit to a belief that there are either 2 or 3 well-defined bad guys.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Fwiw when this game started I looked back at the other heist games. All the other heist games have been 13 players with 3 baddies/10 civvies. I don't know how a 12 player game would be set up.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 74

Post by G-Man »

I am changing my vote because I've got bigger fish to fry. Spacedaisy has been AWOL and has contributed nothing of substance thus far. It may very well just be that I've forgotten how Spacedaisy plays. Something just seems wrong about her soft posts and general absence though.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 51

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:I think I'll do a rainbow list, since I never do one, and since it will be based completely on gut reads at this point, and because it will annoy people.

People I feel good about:
Epignosis
Sloonei
G-Man

People I feel neutral about:
Bubbles
Quin
Sorsha
Sig
Spacedaisy

People I feel bad about:
Bullzeye
SVS
DrWilgy
What of me pings you as bad Llama? also, what pings of Epi as being good?
thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Quin for wanting to vote for the only option guaranteed to not catch a baddie.
I was referring to the "no lynch" option, for which Quin expressed a preference. If we don't lynch people, it's impossible to catch bad guys.
Has this ever landed you on a baddie? didn't you do this to lovedelic last game?

Welcome Nero
Sloonei wrote:Putting a vote on Wilgy because he seems like the type who will respond to such things.

Also I'll probably be in a movie theater watching Deadpool when the deadline comes.
Not really, but I would rather lynch a baddie so let's discuss before you gotta jet!
thellama73 wrote:DrWilgy is trying to play it cool. Too cool.
I haven't been here, don't be assuming.
It's things like this that get you lynched Sig :P
Sorsha wrote:I agree with pressure votes on wilgy, I guessed him as Mafia fairly early in the last heist game so hopefully I can get an early read on him in this game also.
:disappoint:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Let's play a game!

I'm bad and my teammate is Sig

*Wilgy places the tomato filled fish hat on Sorsha's head*
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote:
Why not? I was bored.
A good answer.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nerolunar wrote:I believe Llamas behavior is odd. IIRC there were no elaboration on the reads, just some people thrown together in a rainbow. That pinged me.

Everyone else is blah at this moment.
Nero, I'm confused about your ping on Llama. What about a rainbow without elaboration would be baddie intention? If anything he's causing discussion, something a baddie would like to stifle.

:ninja: Everyone should join me in my game :ninja:
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:Let's play a game!

Looks like a fun game, and hey food is included.

I'm bad and my teammate is Sloonie
DrWilgy wrote:
It's things like this that get you lynched Sig :P
Cancer never forgets slights both real and imaginary. :pout:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

G-Man wrote:I am changing my vote because I've got bigger fish to fry. Spacedaisy has been AWOL and has contributed nothing of substance thus far. It may very well just be that I've forgotten how Spacedaisy plays. Something just seems wrong about her soft posts and general absence though.
Is she usually less active day 1? Also what is her civ vs mafia posting meta? Like does she post more or less?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Zodiac Mafia [Game Thread]

Post by Sloonei »

@ Hosts
Metalmarsh89 wrote:10) Discussing your personal win condition is not permitted. This is a hidden personal trait for each player.
As this implies we all have personal win conditions, are we allowed to allude to the existence of win conditions if we make no mention of our own?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i suppose i'm about to find out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote:
G-Man wrote:I am changing my vote because I've got bigger fish to fry. Spacedaisy has been AWOL and has contributed nothing of substance thus far. It may very well just be that I've forgotten how Spacedaisy plays. Something just seems wrong about her soft posts and general absence though.
Is she usually less active day 1? Also what is her civ vs mafia posting meta? Like does she post more or less?
During Arrested Development, she was cop and only had 6 posts in the first 48 hours.
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Zodiac Mafia [Game Thread]

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:@ Hosts
Metalmarsh89 wrote:10) Discussing your personal win condition is not permitted. This is a hidden personal trait for each player.
As this implies we all have personal win conditions, are we allowed to allude to the existence of win conditions if we make no mention of our own?
Talking about, alluding to, or speculating on any specific win conditions, whether yours or someone elses, is not allowed. For example, you could not say "I wonder if a win condition that exists is to ask the hosts questions", nor could you say "I wonder if Golden is acting in that weird way because of his win condition". Talking about any specific win conditions in any way is completely and firmly off limits. As the marmot said, you have been warned!

However, you may talk about, acknowledge or allude to the existence of win conditions generally. For example, you could say "I think the existence of win conditions implies that the set up of the game is 12 civilians and no mafia."

Don't step over the line. If you even want to think about talking about win conditions for any reason, and are worried about the line, contact the hosts first.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Looking over this, I actually really don't like this post G-Man. 1st of all, you can go back and compare to Daisy's other games. 2nd, you just finished Arrested Development with her.

Reading this post and the portion that I've bolded either means you aren't willing to double check a Meta that you are willing to base a vote on, or you are prepping yourself for an easy "oops, I guess I just forgot" when/if she's lynched as a civvie. Both of which screams bad sauce.

Linki - *Wilgy gives Sorsha a big hug! Now they both smell like tomatoes*
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote: What of me pings you as bad Llama? also, what pings of Epi as being good?
I already told you my list was based on nothing, but it's got people talking finally!
DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Has this ever landed you on a baddie? didn't you do this to lovedelic last game?

No, it hasn't. But a) there's a first time for everything and b) I never intended to keep my vote there.
DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:DrWilgy is trying to play it cool. Too cool.
I haven't been here, don't be assuming.
You think you're sooo cool....

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorry, my general absence has to do with preparing a mafia game of my own. Lots of little fiddly bits to get lined up properly so we are ready to start.oMore than I expected actually. I think we have most of it ready now though. I actually had a past explaining this written up yest my lunch break at work but then my internet cut out and I didn't have time to wroteit all over again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Spacedaisy »

And posts more that last one are why I try not to post from my phone. it is super difficult sometimes. I frequently can't even see what I am typing, once I can see it I can't get the cursor in the right spot to fix it. Really annoying.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:And posts more that last one are why I try not to post from my phone. it is super difficult sometimes. I frequently can't even see what I am typing, once I can see it I can't get the cursor in the right spot to fix it. Really annoying.
Don't let them bully you, Daisy. You take your time.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

RYM Lylo has prevented me from being able to think clearly about this game today. I am not good at balancing multiple games at once, but that other thing will be done by tonight.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

For some reason I thought we had 48 hour days... Good job I thought to check. Not sure who to vote for though so might just random it :P
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 74

Post by G-Man »

DrWilgy wrote:
Looking over this, I actually really don't like this post G-Man. 1st of all, you can go back and compare to Daisy's other games. 2nd, you just finished Arrested Development with her.

Reading this post and the portion that I've bolded either means you aren't willing to double check a Meta that you are willing to base a vote on, or you are prepping yourself for an easy "oops, I guess I just forgot" when/if she's lynched as a civvie. Both of which screams bad sauce.

My favorite professor's advice: past performances are not indicative of future results.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

G-Man wrote: My favorite professor's advice: past performances are not indicative of future results.
My favorite professor's advice: never make a rule you're not willing to enforce.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Randomizer said *Sorsha*. Now I'm off to hopefully stop coughing long enough to get some sleep :(
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
G-Man wrote: My favorite professor's advice: past performances are not indicative of future results.
My favorite professor's advice: never make a rule you're not willing to enforce.
One of my professor's advice: "Well, some of ya fucked up." :sigh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Putting a vote on Wilgy because he seems like the type who will respond to such things.

Also I'll probably be in a movie theater watching Deadpool when the deadline comes.
Not really, but I would rather lynch a baddie so let's discuss before you gotta jet!
What do you mean not really? This is a response. Unfortunately I've not been able to commit the attention I was hoping to give this game today. Tell me what your strategy is on this Day 1, if you don't mind.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

What do you mean not really? This is a response. Unfortunately I've not been able to commit the attention I was hoping to give this game today. Tell me what your strategy is on this Day 1, if you don't mind.
I don't think I would generally respond to pressure votes.

You should play my game. Everyone who can should before the day ends. If the day ends, you posted and didn't play my game then... well :evileye:
G-Man wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

My favorite professor's advice: past performances are not indicative of future results.

Then why even mention the part that I bolded if you aren't trying to use that "forgotten" memory as a reference?
G-Man
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What is your game, SirWilgy?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm probably gonna try to vote all the guys out so that maybe I finally have a shot... :sigh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:

But Wilgy, you are my teammate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”