JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fleabag Mafia d3

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 pm @ilario just for the log, is Son of Anarch still a town read?
He’s been trending down and down

But that’s mostly because others are trending up and not so much due to the fact that he has done anything I find to be scummy

I think falcons reasoning for all his votes, like his recent vote on gman are all incredibly shallow and in a world where falcon is scum I feel better about soa
I think SoA is much more suspicious than falcon. I think you're closer to falcon than SoA is.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 pm @ilario just for the log, is Son of Anarch still a town read?
You might want to try to get them to explain why they aren't adopting your PoE (and mine - as they are more or less the same for this purpose).

If they adopt it, then they have to re-evaluate their world, which they refuse to do on the basis that my PoE is garbage, which I assume means yours is as well.

I have considered all of jjjs reads this game lol and he’s the major reason why I doubted my stance on soa
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do ilario and falcon45ca fit together as mafia teammates?

From ilario

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:39 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:34 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:32 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:31 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:58 am

Let’s stabilize those vitals by talking about anti-town reads, falcon. What have you got?
Right off the bat Ilario is pinging me. Several of their posts seem cute, cuddly and fuzzy. It might be just their pic, but me no wrikey.

If I advance this theory even further, then Marmot is scum too.
LMAOO this is the first time my posting style has been described as cute,cuddly or fuzzy

<3 owo
Anyone who adds 3 extra o's to lmao is cute n' cuddly
i almost never used to speak like this until my most recent gf so you have her to blame lol
GF affecting the way you speak is also cute n' cuddly.

Do you 2 watch Frozen together and finish each other's sandwiches?
Isn’t that normal :p I do that with even my bro friends
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:27 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:16 am
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:03 am say we elim 2 towns back to back, then would you entertain the idea of him being in a poll?
These kind of questions are tire spinners....there's a whole game to be played in between these 2 hypothetical mislynches, and that is what we should be using to determine a player being in the POE
i know, the question was just a round-about way of me trying to assess the confidence of JJJs read on sloonei
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:19 pm Well it’s 2am here and imma go sleep. I have class early tomorrow but I’ll probably be able to get in for a bit to put a vote down. A lot can change between now and then and rather putting an uninformed vote I’m gonna trust my vote to the triad. @Son of Anarch @Dyslexicon my vote is all yours just ping me with your thoughts sometime towards eod and I’m Happy to sheep for today.

My only person poe rn probably looks
Something like tsp/lime(sadly this might be the first time I sr you on a day 1 like ever so I hope I’m not wrong)/maybe falcon or dolby, potentially sig?

But yeah I’d imagine a lot will change from now till eod so imma ride it out with the triad.
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:20 pm Weird...I’m not sure what to make of falcons vote on me...
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:34 pm Hmmm I think sigs iso is slightly more concerning to me than falcons

I’ll give it 10-15 mins if anyone wants to change my mind but I’ll probably vote sig by the end of that
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:20 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 pm Ah man, can't say I'm stoked about that at all. My Internet was down until around this aftenoon so backreadin' wasn't really possible for me. I'm gonna say though that I still think Falcon Man's EOD wasn't the greatest and I'd like to hear some of the other thoughts on that.

Another interestin' thing is that if SPF is poisoned that might reflect well on the triad 'cause they were kinda all huddlin' together, yeah? Normally if you're tryin' to pocket someone you don't kill them. That's just a basic read though.
Ngl I have a bad habit of townreading people who push me when I think I’m being obvious town because it’s usually not an angle most mafia take. Though that pass is only valid for a day so imma need more than just that from falcon today
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:59 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:19 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:45 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 pm I've skimmed through the ISOs purely looking for mechanical things, no content analysis (I don't know if it's needed actually)

Most town leaning evidence (in order):

JJJ

Sloonei

Dyslexicon

Dolby Falcon Marmott

LimeCoke Ilario

TSP

Johanna

G-man

Normally, I would suggest killing from the bottom up, but Ilario did something this game that I almost exclusively do as mafia, so I'm going to go look at some other games and check.

Lmao wtf? How did you go from wanting to elim jjj/sloonei into having them as ur top trs
Town's reads adjust as the game progresses, it's harder for Maf to do the same. Good look for NAA IMO.

It seems you're only addressing this post tho cuz' of the shade NAA's thrown on you
He did it in a matter of minutes lol
Wait, it was over 2hrs later??

Matter of minutes my ass
The quotes were very close to each other so I assumed it was right after each other
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 am [VOTE: falcon
]
aubergine
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:27 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 am [VOTE: falcon
]
aubergine
:haha:
I have a feeling I’m going to regret asking this. But let me try anyway. Did you read the end of the day yesterday? I had the perfect opportunity to vote you and have you elimmed, has that factored at all in your read of me?
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:47 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:32 am That is correct, but the hole in that plan is that I do not trust your ability to read at.
This is a joke right? I posted this:

JJJ

Sloonei

Dyslexicon

Dolby Falcon Marmott

LimeCoke Ilario

TSP

Johanna

G-man

We both agree on the top 3, and TSP claim was something I didn't have at the time, so I remove them and it's more like:

Dolby Falcon Marmott

LimeCoke Ilario

Johanna

G-man

Now we have 2 mischops left, so let's just assume you and Johanna are mischops for a moment, my PoE still grants us a 50% shot at victory from a position where 7 players are voting 7 different ways which I guarantee is a lower probability than what I've got in my PoE.

I'm taking Falcon out as my town (which you disagree with) - but by your own reads, you can't come to the conclusion that my reads are bad when your only objection to it being a winning PoE is Falcon being removed. Like, your argument about "Well I can't trust your reads, but I'm trying to cooperate" is such B.S.

I don't get what you're missing or if it's just that you belong in my PoE and this PoE is winning. Like you ask me to explain my read (this is not the read that lead me to the conclusion), but the conclusion is that your play around me makes no sense, you still refuse to even surface level digest my PoE.

My dude, how do you expect anyone to take your poe seriously or anything you do when it takes excruciating amounts of hair pulling to get something remotely workable from you?

Sure let me digest your poe, tell me what makes everyone in your poe scummy so I can help digest it. Tell me why you are so confident in ur top towns so I can digest that. Tell me why you feel so strongly about falcon. I can’t digest what I don’t know
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 pm Anyway @ilario I respect the hustle, and you should sort your feelings however you wish.

I’d be stoked if you could tell me what you think of my proposed solve though.
Hmmmm I think it’s a decent solve, I feel better on the first three names of each solve being hits

Falcons tunneling on me as much as I don’t understand it feels a little towny to me so idk about him anymore
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm 1-2 wolves in dolby/g-man, 1 wolf in illario/limecoke, 1-2 wolves in falcon/SoA/TSP
disagree on the last part
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 am And then afterwards I’d probably explore into falcon/Dolby
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:31 pm
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:28 pm I think the best piece of evidence I can give to clear myself is that if I was mafia I would just poison myself so I don’t have to read NAAs posts anymore
What?

Do you think he's Maf or Town?
I think He’s town which is why I’m looking for that sweet poison to put me out of my misery

This analysis might not be especially necessary, as it seems apparent by game state that these two don't fit. Nonetheless here are the posts for reference. The separation does begin early, as I don't figure "cute and cuddly" as an accusation is the first of falcon's distancing moves.

Nothing else ilario says here makes me think they're an especially good fit. I'll cut this one off here and move forward.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:04 pm @NotAnAxehole I know you weren't sold on falcon being mafia, and I am not entirely sold either. Are you mostly inclined to insert ilario in his place, or is there more to your current view?
Yeah, I mostly see falcon SoA as incompatible. I need to review why maybe, but it was a confident read.

Ilario in that slot makes a lot of sense.
If your team is Dolby, G-Man, SoA, ilario, do you know at the moment who you'd name as the 5th member of the full POE pool?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do ilario and G-Man fit together as mafia teammates?

From ilario

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:32 pm Exercise for all:

Please tell me how many mafia are contained in the set of zero posters?

[Dolby, G-Man, Johanna]
I’ll know the answer once they start posting :p
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:18 am
G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:30 am Thoughts through page 10:

SPF
-64: good questions
-69: also good
-111: color me intrigued
-164: ew adverbs; meh
So gang, are we gonna tr the dumbtell on spf here?
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:06 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:01 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am You and jay mostly slid just because I found Johanna and NAA to be very towny today. At which point I reached a threshold of having too many townreads. At that point I asked myself who am I more likely to be misreading. On one hand I have players such as Johanna, naa, soa who seem relatively new to FM. On the other hand I have seasoned vets with a decade worth of experience who were are commanding voices in the game that’s leading us to a poe that I don’t feel all to comfortable with. At that point I figured it’s likely that I’m misreading someone in the latter.
That is not an unfair thought process. But I am town, and I am confident at the present that Jay is too.

I will not ask you to adopt a town read on either of if it is not what you feel in your heart. But I think, rather than dealing in accusations, we talk about that aforementioned POE. You say you have not felt comfortable with the direction it has been going. Excluding Jay and myself (for the sake of this mental exercise), what other changes would you make?

Well what’s the current poe looking like fypov ? I’ll tell you what I’ll add in fmpov
I am specifically asking about what you perceived the POE to be at the time that you decided you were uncomfortable with. At the moment you began to distrust SloonJay, what specifically was the source of that distrust?
I perceived the poe to be mostly the low posters/some combination of gman/dolby/marmot/Johanna/naa
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:12 pm
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:11 pm I perceived the poe to be mostly the low posters/some combination of gman/dolby/marmot/Johanna/naa
How would you rank those players?
I would rank the Johanna and naa pretty highly

I thought marmot was town yesterday, if u and jjj are both town and If I am misreading someone then it’s probably marmot

Gman/Dolby id be shocked if there isn’t Atleast one scum in that pair
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:15 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am @ilario -

when you get the chance, could you please discuss your read on lime coke in more detail? it is true that you briefly engaged with lime coke about your concerns, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 18#p855818), accepted lime coke's explanation, (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 33#p855833), and then brought up the exact same concern a dayphase later. is there anything else about lime coke that you find especially concerning?

the question here, i think, is whether or not it's wolfy for ilario to wolfread lime coke with that specific reasoning. given that:

A. illario had a pretty gradual build-up of suspicion of lime coke throughout his ISO

B. illario made other posts that implied his issues with lime coke extended beyond: "i don't like he outed his read on me" (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 727#p85572)

C. illario tends to read other players based on how they are reading him

i do not think that his read on lime coke is inherently wolfy. it fits with whatever conception i have of what an "illario wolfread" looks like. i find it believable that the read could come from ilario as a villager, but it would help me a lot if he was more specific about his concerns
A) the sus wasn’t build up. It was there from the beginning, I just didn’t want to express it immediately because I hate it when people gang up on lc regardless of his alignment. I wanted him to settle into the game first to avoid any potential toxicity.

B) my other reasons are not anything unique to what’s already been said. I didn’t like when he mentioned there’s slots scummier than himself as a way to defend himself, but this has already been mentioned. And his initial tr on sloonei also felt awkward to me.

I’m similar to you in that I haven’t seen that eureka moment where lcs towniness hits me, and that usually happens fairly early when he’s town
mm okay, who would u say ur top suspicion is right now outside of lime coke?
Gman probably but that’s boring
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:42 am Hmmmm I think gman is the most likely to be a hit fmpov
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:34 pm Oh well I just voted:gman and I see that my top towns and sloonei are on Dolby, if y’all want me to change lmk
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:19 pm Gmans recent posts have been pretty decent, decent enough for me to want to reconsider my read on him actually
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:22 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:57 pm Tripping up a little over Ilario. For me, they are about a 75% null read. It's a new face to me, in a game full of new faces to me, so it's tough.

This post...
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 pm Fwiw I think it’s a dangerous road to go down if we already expect the zero posters to be scum heavy, or set an expectation that there’s a high number of scum in the zero posters. Whilst I feel good about the towncore atm the best indicator of that we are going astray would be if the zero posters come in and start towntelling. But I feel as though if we already have an arbitrary expectation that the zero posters will be scum heavy then we set ourselves to a bias and almost predispose ourselves to finding them more scummy than they actually might be once they do start speaking. I think if you approach someone with the mentality of thinking they’re likely to be scum then you’re more likely to misread them.
...I like more on the ISO review, because it's an honest assessment of the potential pitfalls of all the TR lovefest vibes from the first half of Day 1. I don't know that I would bother stringing something like that together if I was a baddie.

I do have a question for @ilario however:

You've been pretty agreeable with the consensus that I am a good chop choice, but why? If it's simply because you've already filled too many civvie slots with other people in your mind, haven't you betrayed your aforementioned admonition? Point to something qualitative that suggests I am a baddie. Otherwise, it seems like you're glomming along with me as an easy chop, which makes me want to hold you in my POE still.
LOLLLLL that’s trippy that I see this post from you right after I made a post walking back my read on you. Honestly my original viewpoint on you was that I had almost no reason to tr you for, and then I saw some of your posts on this page(57) and now I’m not sure

Most of the meaningful development in ilario's G-Man read has occurred during this day phase, so it's difficult to do much with that. Prior, ilario maintained a general suspicion on G-Man in most cases except for the single "dumb-tell" assertion on Day 2. I find this stuff kind of non-descript and not "bad". It's hard to draw a lot of confidence from it.

From G-Man

G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pm Thoughts through now:

ILARIO
-77: post count padding? Quite agreeable
-113: too much emphasis on entrance (not limited to just ilario)
-192: a little too forward-thinking and helpful without focusing on the here and now
-304: way too soft an acceptance of Dys
-337: rather over-explainy
-587- spot on
-702: hmm
-750: an awful lot to explain a tr on Jay because he tr’s you
-963: eod camper
G-Man wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pm ILARIO
Lots of threadspew. Sometimes it's brief, but there's an over-explaining quality in some posts that catch my eye. I am guilty of trying to be too perfect at times in my posts as a baddie, so it's a quality that catches my eye when I see it in others. He also popped in near EOD and camped out. To me, it was a bit conspicuous rather than natural. I'll have to go back if I can and re-read his content from when he popped in to see if that's something I can double down on.
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:10 am Transferring all that to solidify a 6-and-6 format, I arrive at these groupings (alphabetical order, not ranked):

TOWN:
-Dolby
-Dyslexicon
-Marmot
-NotAnAxehole
-Sloonei
-TonyStarkPrime

POE:
-Falcon
-Ilario
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Johanna
-Lime Coke
-SOA
G-Man wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 am Theory time:

When I look at Lime Coke's recent evolution on Falcon...

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:33 pm Lime Coke, when you finish sharing your ketchup, it’d be super if you could give some baseline reads much like I asked from G-Man. Top town and/or mafia reads.
I'm building that up as we speak.

Dizzy is top town if you want a preview.

Falcon could be mafia based on that pop in during that small CFD attempt.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 am There's 1 in Falcon/Illario.

But I'm leaning a lot on Illario currently.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am SPF
TSP
Axe

Dizzy
JJJ
Sloonei

SonofAnarch
Dolby

G-Man
Marmot
Illario/Falcon (T v W combo here)

@JaggedJimmyJay

This is my list.

Clears

Strong towns

Mid tier

Scum tier.
do you mind talking a little bit about why you think illario/falcon is T v W specifically? why can't they be wolves together?

also, if illario wasn't getting chopped today, who would you wanna vote next?
Because Falcon's just planting his vote on Illario both day phases and not moving. I know both can do well with distancing but that would kinda be ridiculous? Don't you think?

Next vote is either the opposite side of that spectrum with Falcon. Seeing the sudden pop in when he had the CFD placed on him.

Or Marmot.

If Falcon is mafia Marmot is town because Falcon had that weird "Marmot being silent is deafening" post when it was only 2 hours into Day 2.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

I don't know what to think honestly.

If SPF has a better solve I'll listen.

Otherwise I'm thrown a bit for a loop.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:41 am In terms of my scumreads-

I might only have one.

Since Illario might end up being town.

Falcon has to be mafia. His fixation on Illario and voting him for 2 days straight is very awkward.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:42 pm Marmot's silence is deafening
This line from Falcon is kinda gross just based on the merit of him posting this 2 hours after the day started. Like could be timezone difference or whatever reasoning he's not going to be here at SOD every day for every game. Feels like he'd be stacking the deck in order to have his viewpoint look solid.

Last thing is the fact that the CFD wagon started on Falcon, and 2 minutes after SPF is the third vote on the wagon, Falcon appears with a post.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 am My issue is that literally every game I play with Falcon I end up scumreading the guy, and that's probably this playstyle difference on this site compared to other games that I normally play.

Like so many town players just look scummy by playstyle.

It makes so many of these players such a >rand flip.

...my mind considers the following:

1) Lime Coke and Falcon are teammates.

2) Lime Coke, seeing that Falcon is on enough radars, adds Falcon to his radar.

3) In short order, Lime Coke puts Falcon deep in his POE, but makes Falcon part of an either/or scenario with a civvie he thinks he can build a case on for a mischop (ilario). This would allow him to save face and go after Falcon if his preferred mischop target gets chopped first.

4) When his ilario case implodes, Lime Coke is forced to double down on his teammate Falcon and votes there.

5) He adds a little hedge at the end to give him a potential reason to not vote for Falcon at the end if it comes to that.

Is this too Mafia 101 and I should give up playing with the jumbo crayons? Or does this pass the sniff test? Poke holes in it please.

I want to look at the folks in my POE today as time allows (which it won't for the most part). This is what struck me when looking at Lime Coke. The placement of JJJ in my POE is among the softest, so I don't think I will go down that road further until the game develops more (preferably with me still in it). That leaves four more folks to consider yet.
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:57 pm Tripping up a little over Ilario. For me, they are about a 75% null read. It's a new face to me, in a game full of new faces to me, so it's tough.

This post...
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:42 pm Fwiw I think it’s a dangerous road to go down if we already expect the zero posters to be scum heavy, or set an expectation that there’s a high number of scum in the zero posters. Whilst I feel good about the towncore atm the best indicator of that we are going astray would be if the zero posters come in and start towntelling. But I feel as though if we already have an arbitrary expectation that the zero posters will be scum heavy then we set ourselves to a bias and almost predispose ourselves to finding them more scummy than they actually might be once they do start speaking. I think if you approach someone with the mentality of thinking they’re likely to be scum then you’re more likely to misread them.
...I like more on the ISO review, because it's an honest assessment of the potential pitfalls of all the TR lovefest vibes from the first half of Day 1. I don't know that I would bother stringing something like that together if I was a baddie.

I do have a question for @ilario however:

You've been pretty agreeable with the consensus that I am a good chop choice, but why? If it's simply because you've already filled too many civvie slots with other people in your mind, haven't you betrayed your aforementioned admonition? Point to something qualitative that suggests I am a baddie. Otherwise, it seems like you're glomming along with me as an easy chop, which makes me want to hold you in my POE still.

There's some interesting stuff here. I highlighted in yellow a section that I think might be a decent signal that they're not mafia teammates. G-Man was theorizing with some degree of complexity about Lime Coke as a mafioso (possibly teamed with falcon), and a significant portion of G-Man's theory was contingent on the idea that Lime Coke wanted to force a mischop on ilario. If G-Man is mafia, this could be a TMI moment. There are a lot of moving pieces there, so I will temper that assertion.

G-Man's view of ilario this day phase is "75% null" in a thick pair of paragraphs that waffles around the circuit once over and seems to conclude with some sort of "suspicion". Given how recent this content is, I hesitate to make too many assumptions.

~~~

Do they fit?

This one is hard for me to interpret. If you ask me for a gun-to-head take, I would say they're not both mafia. I don't feel a lot of confidence in saying so. They're a "yellow" on the chart.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do ilario and Son of Anarch fit together as mafia teammates?

From ilario

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:30 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.

Hard town
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:36 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:12 am Also 'sup Lime Coke. I've got a few thoughts floatin' around inside my noggin, but I'm gonna plead the fifth right now until things develop further. One thing I will say though is that it's interesting that two people have Sloonei as town so early.

Actually, now that I'm typin' I'm thinkin' that with meta n' stuff it makes sense, but it's kind of an interestin' read for Lime Coke to make. I think Jimmy gets credit for havin' the original read. Lime Coke, you're not a read thief now are ya?
I’m willing to bank the entire game on this game being town lmao
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:36 am Man this game ain't spicy enough. You all are being way too careful. So ya know what? I'm gonna toss out a spicy take here and get a temp check:

I think Lime Coke's entrance to the thread was relatively safe in a wolf-y way. Man's dropped a townread on Sloonei after Jimmy already said he thought Sloonei was town and then half his explanation, as that nice lass StayPosi pointed out, was about somethin' to do with what Sloonei did after he made the read.

Oh yeah and as far as TSP goes. Well, I think I might be pickin' up what Sloonei is puttin' down here. Originally I was thinking in my head that TSP agreeing and changing his mind was kinda villagery, but now after Sloonei revealed the meta was fake, I'm almost wonderin' if TSP changed his mind to not try to outright disagree with the meta, but discredit it in a way.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. I'm pretty tired and my eyes are drooping... I'll probably still be stalkin' the thread because I'm doing some raids, but won't bother writing more until the morning.

100% agree on the lc read, Felt the same way
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:57 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:50 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:48 am I might be leaning Ilario town based on vibes.

Dangerous as fuck to do that but I'm letting it rip.
I thought his catch up was pretty good. Why do you think it's dangerous to town lean him?
Why aren’t you worried that I’m pocketing you ? Normally people who haven’t played with me always react super paranoid when I start to tr them very strongly out of the blue
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:02 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:48 am I might be leaning Ilario town based on vibes.

I thought his catch up was pretty good. Why do you think it's dangerous to town lean him?
Why aren’t you worried that I’m pocketing you ? Normally people who haven’t played with me always react super paranoid when I start to tr them very strongly out of the blue
Because I know I'm townie as fuck. It doesn't surprise me if other people see that too. If you or anyone else who may be a wolf wanna pocket me they can go right ahead, I enjoy staying alive as long as possible in games. As I said, I'm not a noobie and I don't have an inherent distrust over early townreads like someone in the middle of their mafia career might have after being burned. I like to go with the flow and seeing what happens first.

Lmaoooo I love this
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:28 am
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 am oh ok yeah i can see why it makes sense for fruit vendor to claim
Actually I take this back

If fruit vendor claims then soa will just get n1d

Fruit vendor hides and watcher should be on soa tonight imo

Watcher can maybe wifom onto jjj, he seems like the next most likely NK
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:39 pm Everyone reads SPF town. So maybe I should just read SPF town. It's very much possible she is just town.
I wouldn’t sponge my spf read this early fwiw

I tend to overplay my confidence in my early reads

My only tr that I genuinely believe is very unlikely to be mafia is soa

I’d say with the others im varying between 50-70% in confidence
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:38 amIf dylexicons plan as wolf was to have an almost identical catch up to mine and share so many similar ideas in an attempt to pocket me, then their plan has worked.

But given that they barely even know who I am, I doubt that i would be the designated pocket of choice for dyslexicon, so Occam’s razor states that this slot is most likely just town.

For people who have more experience with them feel free to let me know if I’m being to charitable with this read, it’s our first game together (of hopefully many more) and I have no idea what to expect of their wolf range.
My evil plan has been exposed! ABORT MISSION

I'm vibing back, and beyond your claim, makes me see town in you as well.
And as I'm sure you know, town needs to find town, and mafia will be toast with jam.

I'm very good as the mafia alignment, but it's not for "process" imo. But I'm sure others could tell you some ghost stories, but pay them no mind, they're just jelly.
got it! im putting u under soa and tied with jjj in my hierarchy of townreads
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:02 am @Dyslexicon @Son of Anarch

Watcha both think of marmot?

I like his iso
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:19 pm Well it’s 2am here and imma go sleep. I have class early tomorrow but I’ll probably be able to get in for a bit to put a vote down. A lot can change between now and then and rather putting an uninformed vote I’m gonna trust my vote to the triad. @Son of Anarch @Dyslexicon my vote is all yours just ping me with your thoughts sometime towards eod and I’m Happy to sheep for today.

My only person poe rn probably looks
Something like tsp/lime(sadly this might be the first time I sr you on a day 1 like ever so I hope I’m not wrong)/maybe falcon or dolby, potentially sig?

But yeah I’d imagine a lot will change from now till eod so imma ride it out with the triad.
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:20 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 pm Ah man, can't say I'm stoked about that at all. My Internet was down until around this aftenoon so backreadin' wasn't really possible for me. I'm gonna say though that I still think Falcon Man's EOD wasn't the greatest and I'd like to hear some of the other thoughts on that.

Another interestin' thing is that if SPF is poisoned that might reflect well on the triad 'cause they were kinda all huddlin' together, yeah? Normally if you're tryin' to pocket someone you don't kill them. That's just a basic read though.
Ngl I have a bad habit of townreading people who push me when I think I’m being obvious town because it’s usually not an angle most mafia take. Though that pass is only valid for a day so imma need more than just that from falcon today
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm Also dyslexicon just said something that made me even more townier than soa for me
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm Okay maybe not more than soa, but Atleast the same
ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:28 pm Sigs initial reaction to spfs note about his timing felt scummy to me and so did his first initial entry into the game.

Though in his spout with soa I saw glimpses of towny frustration

So yeah I’m not sure what my read is on this slot atm
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:40 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:35 am Image
I feel left out and hours apart. Can I be the blank space in the middle at least? :noble:
Me u and soa have our own triad

Why do you think I specifically tagged both of you in my recent post about marmot :p
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:56 pm We need a POE pool of 6 with all 4 mafia in it. That equates to needing 6 town reads (not including either oneself or SPF). At the moment that feels like a steep number to achieve. Quick exercise for anyone willing to engage:

If you had to bank the game on four people being town not including SPF, who would you choose?
Dizzy soa you and sloonei (though this is moreso sponging what u and dizzy say since I trust both ur reads)
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:57 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:50 pm Ilario, Falcon, Dolby, TSP, PRs all town.
If I were to do gun-to-head reads I think I'd agree with all four of these.

But I don't think it's probable that it's correct. If I have to yank a mafioso from that pile my first instinct is falcon.
Wait really??? Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you tr dizzy sloonei lc and soa already

If you add those 4 names as well as spf and yourself there isn’t enough slots left for you to make up a scum team of 4??!!

Jjj confusing me now
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:59 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 am I quite like Johanna actually. I like that she picked the exact same Anarch post as awkward that I did, I like that she didn't go "michop bad thread consensus bad" (though I don't know if that is actually AI or anything), and similar to Jimmay, I do have a slight positive lean on her not considering the watcher (though logically, this is probably a non-point)

I also kind of think Axe is town? I don't know his scum style though. It would have to be a bold one if scum. I probably don't have enough actual backup to call this, and meta digging is boring. What do you say, Axe?

And now I'm pretty sure I have way too many town leans, wow surprising
Please trust me on the triad. I feel very confident on you both being town, so much so that I would even consider getting myself elimmed if everyone agreed to sheep my legacy on you both for the rest of the game. This is partly why I think I’m being targeted today. I think there’s a conscious effort with the spf poison to try and frame me as mafia because the triad I helped build needs to be broken up. I also think I’m probably correct on my marmot tr and possibly even NAA. I am skimming the reasons people have brought to shade me today and they are all excessively weak, which means mafia feels like they HAVE to get rid of me soon and were probably too scared to target me at night due to the watcher so therefore have chosen this route instead.
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:25 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:31 pm No worries. I just don't see the need to complicate the game until necessary. I'm an agreeable enough guy, sure. Heck, me even writin' this post is pretty agreeable, wouldn't ya think? But I'll tell ya what, bein' scum and bein' agreeable here serves me no purpose. I prefer to be in the center of the action as wolf, gettin' lots of blood on my hands whenever possible. Probably a bit hard to believe, eh? I'm pretty chill right now, after all. That's because I've got no teeth like those scary wolves, heh :)
Kind of just believe this and Anarch is probably just town.
YASSSSSSSSSSSSS <3
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:45 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:43 am I think Johanna seems town.

@ilario what is your present view of Son of Anarch?
Fell off today but still towny enough
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:00 am @staypositivefriend I don’t expect you to out a legacy tr on me simply Due to our history of paranoia and tinfoil

But before you die the top 5 trs I feel confident in are dizzy soa Johanna as my top 3 and then probably marmot/NAA after

If you can legacy read the top 3 and review 4/5 that would leave town in a great spot once ur gone
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:43 am
ilario wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 am Lc, jjj, you, Dolby maybe (?), tsp if he’s not the watcher,

I would like to see you grill jjj harder
Is the top line a list of names you are uneasy about?

I feel no need to grill Jay at present. He is town until further notice.

Yup pmuch
Why have Jay and I slid in your view? Either individually or as the unit that we are.

Also I am interested in your Lime Coke thoughts.
Lc is probably scum tbh

You and jay mostly slid just because I found Johanna and NAA to be very towny today. At which point I reached a threshold of having too many townreads. At that point I asked myself who am I more likely to be misreading. On one hand I have players such as Johanna, naa, soa who seem relatively new to FM. On the other hand I have seasoned vets with a decade worth of experience who were are commanding voices in the game that’s leading us to a poe that I don’t feel all to comfortable with. At that point I figured it’s likely that I’m misreading someone in the latter.

I did not factor dizzy into this because dizzy is ❤️
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 pm 1-2 wolves in dolby/g-man, 1 wolf in illario/limecoke, 1-2 wolves in falcon/SoA/TSP
disagree on the last part
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 am I still maintain that soa is more villagery than the jjj/sloonei duo and I’m willing to die on that hill
ilario wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:29 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 am @ilario I’m not actually clear on why you suspect me. Is this sourced entirely in me wondering aloud about the SPF poisoning or are there other concerns?

If you want to worry about a “frame” that’s your prerogative. I would ask you to consider though what I have actually done with that, or more precisely what I haven’t done. If something enters my brain I will often voice it, because I value transparency and communication. That doesn’t mean though that I am going to take all of those individual thoughts and run with them. That rationale is not anything resembling a priority within my current view of the game.

Hmmm I think it’s a mixture of your d1 treatment of lc as well as I feel like you’ve been subtlety trying to plant seeds of doubt about soa and myself throughout the day. I generally am a paranoid player so I could be overthinking this and seeing things that aren’t there, or I could simply just be misreading soa in which case ur suspicions are well founded. But that’s kinda the vibe I’ve been getting.
ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 pm
He’s been trending down and down

But that’s mostly because others are trending up and not so much due to the fact that he has done anything I find to be scummy

I think falcons reasoning for all his votes, like his recent vote on gman are all incredibly shallow and in a world where falcon is scum I feel better about soa

This is not entirely in chronological order, as per page the "soa" and "anarch" searches are split. Clearly there is a lot here, and it all follows a pretty clear trend that doesn't really need reviews. ilario has town read SoA constantly and strongly. That on its own isn't necessarily indicative of "compatibility", so I will ask myself some questions.

1) Are there any moments that look indicative of TMI instead, in an ilario-mafia universe? -- maybe a few, particularly those where ilario is speaking directly to SoA rather than about him.

2) Do I think there's sufficient justification for the strong town read? -- no, not at all. That's the premier concern. At every juncture of this read, it is voiced with more confidence than I believe is justified. It also persists well longer than I believe is justified. It tests my ability to give any benefit of the doubt, and instead I almost feel like buying the read as non-compatible requires suspension of disbelief. That's concerning.

From Son of Anarch

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:53 am You know it's kinda weird because I got the sense from Lime Coke's opening he didn't worry about town reading people so early, but the way he qualified that ilario read with "it's dangerous" kinda has my sensors goin' off a tad.
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:00 am

Because I know I'm townie as fuck. It doesn't surprise me if other people see that too. If you or anyone else who may be a wolf wanna pocket me they can go right ahead, I enjoy staying alive as long as possible in games. As I said, I'm not a noobie and I don't have an inherent distrust over early townreads like someone in the middle of their mafia career might have after being burned. I like to go with the flow and seeing what happens first.
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am Son of Anarch is an interesting case. I think that, on a holistic level, he looks pretty decent. There are some isolated moments where he might be a bit s t i l t e d though. I think I could even be reading him that way as a byproduct of his penchant for replacing the "ing" with " in' ". Replacin' as it were. I know that's dumb, but I'm just trying to make sense of a dumb concept like "stilted".

Still generally a town read, just with a bit more trepidation than some others have shown.
Hey Jimmy, I appreciate the town read n' all, even if it's comin' with some strings attached. Can ya maybe quote a post or two where ya feel I might be stilted?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:08 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am (perhaps i should be taking a closer look at my read on Son Of Anarch - i wrote him off as town almost immediately when i have no idea what his range is like or how competent of a wolf he is)
I was having this thought just a moment before I read your post. My current stance is that Son of A Narc is town and perfectly agreeable and a helpful voice in the thread. But he's also new to me, but clearly not new to the game, and a player in that position could very quickly and easily disarm us if they know what buttons to push.

This is not something I would take action on right now, but it is something I would be mindful of if the game begins to take a shape that we do not like.
Hey man, I'm tellin' you all to be scared of me :) I'm not scum this game, but I can tell you all that I'm not half-bad.
Dolby wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 am
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.
Hate this post, I’m always against claiming earlier especially d1
Weird callout. Especially since Anarch already established themselves as pro-mech claim where they claimed watcher. Just takes the call for fruit vendor to claim, which isn't bad, and strips away a past context which makes it look better.

Townreads Dizzy

Don't care about the response to the SPF stuff.
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae
would have to read for context

Basically the whole ISO is being defensive and talking about Anarch. I strongly dislike the sus on Anarch from sig, nor do I like that beyond the Dizzy toneread it's the only thing he's put out. There is space to improve since he hasn't backread but does not look good.
I appreciate your analysis here, Dolby. Keep sheepin' my reads and I'll take care of ya, although I gotta say, I kept confusin' you for ilario here because of the avatar.
I don't think any of the spoiled bits are that important and to be honest with you all, the quoting on this website is a bit difficult/hard to keep up, so I'm just gonna be talkin' about things without quotes and then if ya need me to quote for whatever reason, just ask me.

@ilario I think Marmot's recent posts are alright. It doesn't really sway me one way or the other. I guess you could say his posts are mostly safe, but not really that scummy t'me. I know that's kinda avoiding givin' a direct answer, but probably wouldn't feel comfortable labeling the dude one way or the other.

And Sloonei man, I honestly don't know what you're tryin' to say there. I get you don't want to enforce a read on Jimmy or make people think you have to follow your read, but I think from my perspective it seems pretty obvious that ya town read the guy. Reason bein' that you haven't really contested the triad idea, keep askin' leading questions that sorta attempt to guide people towards the read, and I don't think you'd give Jimmy this much thread control if ya thought the guy was scum, eh? So I don't get why you're makin' such a big deal about not givin' a read on him.

Dyslexicon had a good point earlier by the way. I know ya guys haven't ever played with me, but I think some of my posts here are pretty hard to fake as scum just in general. I'd listen to the good man here and town read me to make the game easier on you all :) Hah, but if you don't wanna that's okay too. I just wanna remind you all though that cowboys are good at catchin' criminals.

Also, I accept my place in the triad with you Ilario. I was readin' over your ISO earlier and I'm thinkin' you're just town. Reason being that I think some of your ideas and posts are just too whacky to be scum and your confidence is so fire. I know I said earlier confidence could be scum-indicative, but it's the kinda confidence that's enforced for the sake of pushin' the game along and not the kind of confidence I see a wolf present in order to be town read. Dyslexicon seems like a pretty cool dude as well, high-energy and all. Not that that makes someone town, but I've seen him present a few reads or push in a few directions that I feel like would be pretty ballsy to do, also everyone else seems to town read him and I doubt the whole thread would be wrong on that sorta read since he seems to be a regular on the site.

Here's a reads list for everyone's trouble by the way (it's not ordered between tiers):

Stayposi
Ilario
Jimmy
Dyslexicon
NAA

-------

Dolby
Sloonei
Marmot
Falcon

-------

G-man
Johanna

-------

Lime Coke
TSP

-------

sig
Son of Anarch wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:18 pm And yeah gonna echo my pal Dyslexicon’s take here. No way I’m votin’ Ilario here and he’s decently town read by everyone, so you’re admittin’ to just making a vanity vote.
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 pm I just ran through the end of the day and frankly found it meaningless. That doesn't necessarily mean the posts cannot be assessed meaningfully, but that's why I don't care to play ketchup. The thread becomes a contextless void to me.

Would anyone be able to describe for me, as you saw it, the progression of events/posts/whatever that caused falcon to become a wagon? I poked in here and there when my phone was dying and saw votes on him, but had no context in the moment.
It's simple. Falcon Man at end of day voted Ilario, when my pal Dizzy told him no one was gonna vote Ilario he basically said that "you never know". Then when me and Dizzy gave him the ol' 1-2 vote and Stayposi joined in, he accused two of us of bein' mafia. One being me, as he scum read me earlier and the other person bein'... TBD... I don't think he ever clarified who the second scum on him was. So that gave me the confidence to just hold my vote and to watch what happened.
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:17 pm Eh... If I had t'pick 4 people. Now that's really tough, but I'm gonna say right now it'd have to be...

Dizzy
Jimmy
Ilario

and for the fourth... I'm not too certain here. Maybe someone I haven't looked into too much but got good vibes from like Dolby or heck, even Johanna. That might be jumpin' the gun though. I think I'll slot Dolby in there.
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:21 pm
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:18 pm Care to elaborate about what you mean when ya say "dissonance"? Are the tiers ordered?
The tiers themselves are ordered, but the names within each tier are not.

The "dissonance" refers to my inability to come to a solid conclusion with how I sort the names. There's a clash between gut and brain with you and ilario especially. Given the current game state it strikes me as inherently more likely than it did 24 hours ago (beyond just the sig flip) that one+ of you is mafia. Otherwise I would have to be wrong about one+ of my stronger town reads.
Well Jimmy boy, maybe you are wrong on one of your stronger townreads 'cause I'm definitely town here and I'm pretty sure my boy ilario is also town. But to tell ya the truth, even though I'm havin' my doubts on Sloonei, I can't fault ya for townreadin' the guy here. So I gotta say... go with your heart and your brain. If I'm bein' bamboozled by ilario I take responsibility for that, but right now I don't think I am. Maybe this is just a super simple game and we got it wrong day 1, yeah? I feel like we haven't heard enough from a lot of the people in the POE.
Son of Anarch wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:54 pm What makes ya guys think ilario would poison Stayposi? Is there somethin' I'm missin' here?
Son of Anarch wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:15 pm I gotta be honest with ya. You guys have posted A LOT today and I'm not used to posting being this fast. This is due to shorter phases on this website for sure, which I'm still adjusting too. So, I'm gonna be honest here and admit I have not read everythin' and just skimmed what I missed.

To answer your question though Jimmy, I think ilario is town. I actually can't understand why people are freakin' out so much either. sig was scummy, but never a sure shot. The fact people are goin' crazy and sayin' we need to flip our world view doesn't sit right with me at all. Now if ilario keeps leading me down a wrong path or I keep missin', I'll look over it some more, but I trust him for now.
Son of Anarch wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:21 pm I was just about to bring something up about Anarch that might’ve ended me and Ilario’s mindmeld lol. But yeah, you’ve seemed more in the backseat this day. Though I guess you addressed that.

Question though: What do you think Ilario’s intentions of giving you (and me) a lock town read in the way that he does? Cause for me, I just can’t really see any ill intent in that. OR basically: How do you feel about our triad?
I feel good about the triad. I think you and ilario are the two people I've been trustin' the most so far and I don't really have any reason to doubt that right now. I'm in the backseat 'cause of the high-volume of posts, bein' a lot busier with work now that it's not a weekend, and just generally not bein' too worried about the game state. I don't think ilario had ill intentions behind lockin' us town, but I do want to point out that that is a pretty loaded question. 'Cause either his intentions are pure and he's town or they're not and he's mafia. I'm thinkin' he's town so I'm thinkin' his intentions are pure. It would be pretty brave for a mafia to try and form an alliance like that, but not impossible. However, part of the reason I even trust him so much is because you're also in this "triad" with me and since I have reasons to think you're town, that at least means I'm not gettin' suckered in by two mafia. If he's pocketin', he's pocketin' both of us and that's way less embarrassin' to me.
Son of Anarch wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:58 pm I don't know if the Johanna, ilario, Dolby, G-Man team works though. That's all three of the 0-posters day 1 in one team, which seems unlikely. Although not impossible I guess due to how thread felt before they started postin'

The strong town read is reciprocated and never really reassessed (SoA hasn't reassessed much of anything since Day 1). I do think isolated moments here again could be okay, and again it's when SoA is speaking directly to ilario instead of about ilario. Those tend to look more like pocket efforts in an SoA-mafia universe. Nonetheless, the connection between these two players is constant and irrefutable, and unique enough just for its strength in the absence of clear development. It sprung from the ether.

~~~

Do they fit?

This is perhaps the toughest judgment call of all. If they're mafia teammates, they've dedicated more mutual effort to shielding each other than I would expect to see in most games. My trouble is that it would also represent my exact preferred strategy if I rolled mafia in an 11 vs. 4. If ilario had begun to reassess this a cycle sooner as Dizzy did I would be more comfortable. I am calling them compatible, at least "yellow".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 446
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

ilario wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:25 pm
You might want to try to get them to explain why they aren't adopting your PoE (and mine - as they are more or less the same for this purpose).

If they adopt it, then they have to re-evaluate their world, which they refuse to do on the basis that my PoE is garbage, which I assume means yours is as well.

I have considered all of jjjs reads this game lol and he’s the major reason why I doubted my stance on soa
Just so we're clear, you still think my PoE is terrible though, yes?
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:38 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:04 pm @NotAnAxehole I know you weren't sold on falcon being mafia, and I am not entirely sold either. Are you mostly inclined to insert ilario in his place, or is there more to your current view?
Yeah, I mostly see falcon SoA as incompatible. I need to review why maybe, but it was a confident read.

Ilario in that slot makes a lot of sense.
If your team is Dolby, G-Man, SoA, ilario, do you know at the moment who you'd name as the 5th member of the full POE pool?
I slotted Johanna in there but to be honest I haven't really looked at her ISO because the spoil tags just make it impossible without an amount of effort that I'm unwilling to invest.

If you tell me she's green, then I have to consider my other reads and figure out which associative reads are weaker than I might have initially thought.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 am

I dismissed it the moment you refused to engage with me the reasoning of your reads

It could be somewhat decent for all I know
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:24 am I slotted Johanna in there but to be honest I haven't really looked at her ISO because the spoil tags just make it impossible without an amount of effort that I'm unwilling to invest.

If you tell me she's green, then I have to consider my other reads and figure out which associative reads are weaker than I might have initially thought.
If it helps, Johanna's spoilers are very short Fleabag roleplay and don't add a ton of stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:26 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:24 am I slotted Johanna in there but to be honest I haven't really looked at her ISO because the spoil tags just make it impossible without an amount of effort that I'm unwilling to invest.

If it helps, Johanna's spoilers are very short Fleabag roleplay and don't add a ton of stuff.
Strange that, normally I like roleplay while laying in bed.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:26 am

For PoE purposes:

My only thoughts is that she's not aligned with falcon and Marmot.

I can easily see Johanna with any of the PoE from her posting.

Reads and T o N E stuff...

Her posts about her role and my group of 4 are noteworthy and I'm not sure what it means for her alignment - that particular group included Lime Coke, so regardless of her own alignment she could confidently laugh at it without outright lying.

The stuff about her role pm and flip are a bit t O N e - y and require some attention. It feels t O w N y, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make that read and it's the only towny thing from my PoV... Of course I'm 100% just trying to solve on PoE this game, so maybe I'm glossing over some key factor.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:25 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 am

I dismissed it the moment you refused to engage with me the reasoning of your reads

It could be somewhat decent for all I know
I never engage on the actual reasoning for my reads.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Understood NAA. I’ll have to keep reviewing to determine if I was too generous.

@Sloonei it’d be super to get your take on Johanna as it pertains to her mafia fits.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

I'm tired and just gonna vote my cw

I think me/gman/jo is pure and this sitch kinda just sucks

Vote: SoA
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

I find Dizzy's choices in the fakeclaim to be pretty good, but it's still falling for the same "lowposters are the poe" line
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

dizzy
falcon
gman
ilario
jjj
johanna
marmot
naa
soa

4 in here

I'm gonna stick with my meta read on jo. beyond that im kinda just lost
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

if I decide we're clear that means 4 in dizzy falcon ilario jjj marmot naa soa

I kinda think that naa is just town now for being unnecessarily flashy yday as well

I can't shake the feeling that dizzy and jjj are contributing to a planned chainsaw into the [gman, me, jo] set after yday
Johanna
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Johanna »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:51 pm No suspects are voting
Yeah I thought about that when I went to bed. I gather things have changed by now.
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm 'Threading the needle' is still an apt description for Johanna's ISO in my eyes. She has been very steady and consistent, but never aggressive. She reads, thinks, and responds. She seems to have a dry, cheeky sense of humor, which matches the subdued tone of he game-related content. I said before that I would like to see her rock the boat a little, but that doesn't seem to be her M.O. here. Her on-point content suits me better than a few other folks, but she still feels a little too at-the-radar for me to embrace her as a full townread.
Worth a response from @Johanna. I’m sure she would without my poke. I just want to acknowledge what G-Man said.
It's accurate
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

There is sometimes actual content in my spoilers, but always as a short sentence that modifies or completes the post, although generally I think they stand on their own.
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

Can you pursue someone aggressively if you don't have strong suspects? Because I feel like everyone in this thread is in a similar situation where most suspects are so by process of elimination, that is, that they are not as towny as others, which is often a pretty poor reason but it seems to be all we can rely on here.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:20 pm I clipped my own post.

I meant to say "I'll just keep doing that until I am challenged"
I challenge you to a battle of wits, Sir Marmot!

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:31 pm G-Man probably plays a mean game of scrabble though
I play a mean game of Scrabble!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:32 pm General question for whoever wants to brave it:

If someone in the consensus POE is eliminated today and happens to flip town, is there any way in hell that both Dyslexicon and ilario are town-aligned?
Isn't that the same as asking "Is everyone in the PoE mafia"?
My PoE: Dolby, G-Man, SOA, Falcon, Johanna. One of these has to be town.
Outside of that: Ilario, NAA, Marmot, Jimmay. If there's mafia here, they've fooled me. Not impossible. If I have to reevaluate on Ilario and NAA, I will. I'm not actually familiar with Ilario, but I still find it very hard to believe he's mafia here. I understand you can't access my feelings about this. In any case, what I'm trying to do right now is flipping the most likely mafia in the first group, of which there should be several.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 pm Image

I did this for two reasons:

1) I wanted to see if anyone could be cleared. If more than one could be, then that'd be a big issue for the collective POE pool. Johanna can be cleared, the others cannot.

2) A more comprehensive review would help me to resolve what I got wrong the first time. I think I was too kind in the SoA interactions the first time. I believe the following team fits very well:

Son of Anarch, Dolby, G-Man, falcon

and in that order (from most confident to least confident fits).

Given that the POE pool can still run 5-deep, and I am removing Johanna, I can add someone in her place. The obvious emerging name would be ilario. I hope we can talk about it as a group though.
I've read through the interaction analysis and I agree with your conclusion regarding Johanna. She's looks the most town to me in any case, and she's the one I'd take out of that group. This remaining might just be the mafia team unless Ilario or NAA are deep. I don't have strong feelings about who to chop first, but I do feel we really need to hit mafia (so I should have strong feelings about it). If we're wrong on one of them, who are we most likely wrong on? I'd say Falcon probably. I'll go over SOA's ISO again too.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Fleabag Mafia d1

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:01 pm Also that SPF sleuthin' post on sig was so mind blowy I don't even know where my brain is at, like I could barely comprehend it, but it sounded right

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Reminder that I'm pea-brained
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:36 pm Sloonei, that post got me thinkin' and now I'm kinda wonderin'... Are you sayin' you think this dialogue between me and sig could be town/town?
SOA's iso is still "fine" overall, but these two posts in particular are really awkward imo. I think the stuff that made me town read him was his energy plus the fact that he was putting himself out there quite a lot. This could just be a style thing though. With how he's dropped off, I think if he's mafia, the PoE is good. Similar to Dolby. So that just reinforces that feeling for me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Out of SOA/Dolby/G-Man/Falcon, I'm most afraid that Falcon will flip town. I feel chances are really high for each of the others to flip mafia, OR we're probably losing this game anyway.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

So not much has changed for me. Good talk.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dolby phantom voted the counter wagon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:29 am Dolby phantom voted the counter wagon.
Nevermind I missed the post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

StarV phantom voted
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 pm What have I missed?

It has been a busy day. I plan to spend the night ISOing folks inside the POE. If anything juicy or exciting has happened, let me know please and thanks.
Giving Sloonei an opportunity to resolve this effort. Then I support a hammer on either wagon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 pm What have I missed?

It has been a busy day. I plan to spend the night ISOing folks inside the POE. If anything juicy or exciting has happened, let me know please and thanks.
Giving Sloonei an opportunity to resolve this effort. Then I support a hammer on either wagon.
lol
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Son of Anarch »

Good mornin' all
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Essentially just affirming one of them goes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:59 am Good mornin' all
Good morning SoA. You’ll want to move with purpose; you’re at L-1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

It’s 6 to hammer?
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Yeah, yeah. I can see that :) but hey don't worry, as long as ya guys don't hammer me before I'm able to out my finals n' stuff it's all good
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hello there, Soa :beer:
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Hey Dizzy! Can you guys tell me a bit about what I missed if ya don't mind?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 am Yeah, yeah. I can see that :) but hey don't worry, as long as ya guys don't hammer me before I'm able to out my finals n' stuff it's all good
You think it’s good you’re getting chopped?
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

This speed is dizzying
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

I probably won't have time to read the entire thread, but I know Dolby is my counter wagon.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 am Hey Dizzy! Can you guys tell me a bit about what I missed if ya don't mind?
Scum is you, G-Man, Dolby and Falcon. Rest is town. I think that’s it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Johanna wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 am This speed is dizzying
Don’t do speed!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Johanna wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 am This speed is dizzying
Hi!
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 am Yeah, yeah. I can see that :) but hey don't worry, as long as ya guys don't hammer me before I'm able to out my finals n' stuff it's all good
You think it’s good you’re getting chopped?
That's kind of a loaded question. What I'm sayin' is that obviously bein' chopped here is bad, but if you guys at least give me enough time to out my final reads then I won't feel pissed about it.

Return to “Previous Heists”