Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Dennis] aubergine
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 195

Re: Cartomancy [Day 1]

Post by falcon45ca »

Buadi jumped on Kate's wagon w/ a naked vote I see...huh
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:37 am Buadi jumped on Kate's wagon w/ a naked vote I see...huh
Oh shit
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:29 am @Kate I hope you and the family recover quickly and feel better.

If you'd like some foot holds, can you chime in on what you think regarding Seanzies post above?

Also can you ISO Dennis and Roxy and let me know what you think?
I can't do all of that right now, but I can say the my rondo comment wasn't a "ping" it was the opposite of a ping. I was pointing out that he pulled the same gimmick or whatever you call it in the last game and he was civ.

Also the post to wigly was a joke bc I like interacting with him, he's funny. I meant it like wah wah *what about meeeee*
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I still think baudib1 is pure and I'm not getting the wolfreads on them.

Alison I don't know where I stand. I guess I'm just not feeling she's the right lynch for today.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

anyways, ive asked for a sub unless y'all want to vote me off which would be a bad move for town. Good luck, have fun and my apologies.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

That should not have been in green. Sorry.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Uh where did Roxy go? They just disappeared
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:22 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:16 am
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:15 am Rondo, the problem you’re having is that Jack is an obvious wolf and I am not.
Amazing response. I spend the last hour reading through your ISO and giving a considered approach and you meme at me in response. Interesting. Not town.
I can’t really respond to your thoughts because you misinterpreted everything, including the fact that I said you were town.

I’ll take one small thing, which is that Falcon did not hit the nail on the head when he said my mindset isn’t town because I pointed out I was echoing the opinion of our IC, who is town. So take that under consideration and blow up the rest of your post because you’re being (perhaps willfully) obtuse.

I am not going to bother responding to any more of your nonsense.
Repeating the opinions of others isn't a towny mindset, especially if they're actually an IC.

In fact, I can guarantee that Maf have parroted the opinions of other town, mech cleared or otherwise, many many many times in the past, and prolly even in this very game... and you seem awfully sure the IC is as claimed.

See, I don't know cuz' I'm town, and have almost no info at this point...but you seem to take it as gospel

Why are you voting Kate? Why did you do a naked vote? Imma dive your ISO now, cuz' I'm curious how often you've brought her up before this
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Kate townslipped. She's been using the green text all game to represent stuff that's from an out-of-game perspective and that she wants to make sure people know is genuine and not speaking from her role PM. She included "it would be a bad move for town to vote me out" in green text because she was telling the truth about requesting a sub out and accidentally said too much in her "trust tell" font.

Roxy hasn't returned and is either totally checked out of the game or totally frozen mafia. We should get rid of her because we can't leave her around generating question marks forever.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

We prob ain't lynching any wolf today unless we turn the whole game upside down in 9 hours.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Roxy] aubergine

(idk if I should be spending my posts making naked votes in-thread but I'm just used to MU culture where you have to make your votes evident instead of silently voting in poll)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:34 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:53 pm
Baudib1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:50 pm I don’t have any opinions on anyone’s reads lists.
That's concerning to the point of me doubting it's truth.

@Creature, we just going to ignore my reasons for my wr list that I posted earlier?

I think I don't know creatures wolf range well enough, I can postulate both "maybe I'm in argument with a town that communicates differently from my expectations" and "damn, creature is putting down some scummy posts."
The things you are choosing to focus on and talk about and place importance on just don't feel like relevant and town mindset things to me.
I kinda believe this. I a lot want to believe it because it would be funny if Wilgy was a wolf again.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:34 pm Off topic first-world problems rant with a happy ending
So I am trying to buy a house, and today I found out that the mortgage I was expecting to get no longer existed because of some stupid issue with terms changing in 2023 that my mortgage broker didn't realize until just now. I could still get a mortgage, but the terms were significantly worse, and I was bummed out all day and have been calling around to try to find something closer to the terms that I was going to get before because the difference was like $35k over 10 years, which is kinda significant to me. Anyways, after calling around and mostly getting terms that were slightly better than my original lender could do, but still way worse than what I've been budgeting for and planning on up until this morning, I eventually got terms that are actually quite a bit better than my original terms, and should help me build an extra $10k in equity over 10 years, which is pretty cool. If I wouldn't have spent so much time today figuring this out though, I wouldn't have gotten this, so in a way, I kinda made an extra $45k today. Was super stressful today.
Dope. Good job. Buying a house sucks, especially now. Owning a house is pretty rad, though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:35 pm i don't claim to have any level of confidence in reading alison correctly but i do honestly feel like the main reasons ive seen to justify voting her have been more related to her playstyle than her alignment

feels kind of icky
Does icky mean wrong or scummy in this context?

If scummy, who is scum pushing or voting Alison?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:38 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:17 pm It’s late and I got tired of reading the thread as a whole, so decided to focus on specific players instead. Started with Alison and Roxy. I think Alison comes off worse in the exchange.
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:36 pm
Roxy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:35 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:24 pm
Roxy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:21 pm Oh honey. that was not guns blazing, you have never played with me but you act like I have tells. If you want a tell look at Felt Mafia 2. I was bad with Kate, SVS and Epi. We never suspected each other let alone voted for each other. I protect my teammates. I do not bus. Which is why we won that game with all four of us still alive. The new players such as yourself do not play this way. (see my baddie game w/lucy LGM) New players mostly all want passes to D 4 so they have info to go off of. OG players like myself find our actual suspicions in the thread. We do not vote without reasons or otherwise we would be the next elim.
1) This is going to be a copypasta after this game is over
2) This is an incorrect characterization of "new players"
do not know what copypasta is but it sounds horrible so no thank you?
I think it is pretty accurate tbh
You don't really get to choose whether or not it's a copypasta, also you are extremely inaccurate and I know much better than you on this topic.
I can see why Rox is annoyed with comments like this. I think posts would go down better if explained why you think it’s inaccurate rather than just saying “well I know better.”
i dont particularly like this post because it doesnt really seem like youre trying to evaluate alison or roxy's alignment here, but you still say that alison looks worse from it

you can say that alison looks worse in the sense that she was rude to roxy, but do you think that alison looks wolfy for being rude to roxy? feels like the two are being conflated as though they're the same thing
I should just stop asking you questions and assume you’re gonna follow up.

I understand this post and think it is a genuine thought from town!SPF. (I’ve missed seeing obvioustown SPF and am super happy to see her, here.) I disagree that it is scum indicative for Fingersplints, though, kinda knowing FS.

Like I read it as more
TownFS: “This is where the communication problem exists. I’m getting bad vibes from Alison and this is Alison’s fault. Ergo, I subconsciously wolfread Alison and think she comes off worse even though I’m pointing out where frustrating communication is happening.”

And less
WolfFS: “I’m looking for an excuse to shade townAlison. I’m evaluating the exchange and I can’t help myself to honestly point out the frustrating communication and oops I forgot to say what is actually wolf indicative about Alison’s play. Whoops. Whoopsie!”

Don’t take that townFS check to the bank but that’s how I’m reading it.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Checking Baudi's ISO, while he does mention voting Kate and having her in his list o' baddies, it appears to be simply sheeping Alison. He gives no reason of his own that I can see.

Hey @Baudib1 , you once said you'd like players who are TR to explain themselves...Alison, of whom you've made no secret of sheeping since pretty much start of game, is TR my slot. You should ask her why, no?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 232

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:54 am
Baudib1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:50 pm I don’t have any opinions on anyone’s reads lists.

@Creature, we just going to ignore my reasons for my wr list that I posted earlier?

I think I don't know creatures wolf range well enough, I can postulate both "maybe I'm in argument with a town that communicates differently from my expectations" and "damn, creature is putting down some scummy posts."
The things you are choosing to focus on and talk about and place importance on just don't feel like relevant and town mindset things to me.
I kinda believe this. I a lot want to believe it because it would be funny if Wilgy was a wolf again.
How the hell is it determined as to what is/isn't relevant to a town mindset?

Am I hunting for LHF? Am I derailing the conversation?

I don't think I am in either of these cases and the argument without such data is just bad.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

You've been accused of trolling this game. Do you feel that's at all accurate? Do you think you've been solving?

Got 3 Town & 3 Scum and a few blurbs as to why?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 232

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:44 am Kate townslipped. She's been using the green text all game to represent stuff that's from an out-of-game perspective and that she wants to make sure people know is genuine and not speaking from her role PM. She included "it would be a bad move for town to vote me out" in green text because she was telling the truth about requesting a sub out and accidentally said too much in her "trust tell" font.

Roxy hasn't returned and is either totally checked out of the game or totally frozen mafia. We should get rid of her because we can't leave her around generating question marks forever.
I agree. This makes me think that we should be hunting within the original Kate pile on as there is very likely a wolf there.

Bets are between Baudib and Creature.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: baudi] aubergine
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Baudib1 »

Creature and Alison are terrible votes today.

@MacDougall @staypositivefriend
I realize it’s inevitable but I dislike meta reads since they are obviously exploitable and mutable and regardless of what you think of Creature’s game, he is indeed playing the game and at least giving the appearance of trying to discern alignments, which is more than what 3/4 of the player list is doing. Also multiple people here claim to be master reads of Creature, who becomes obvtown or obvwolf later in the game. Let’s find a Wolfy player who isn’t doing anything.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Baudib1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:19 pm

I don't really think we should elim Alison either, but if I did have to argue this, I'd say that even though Alison has recently been an often early yeet, that hasn't always been the case, and I think there are plenty of situations where wolf!Alison could go deep and endgame. Wolf!Falcon is not as good deep and will not endgame nearly as well as wolf!Alison.
If we were to agree they were both exactly rand I’d keep Alison over Falcon easily because she’s taking hard aggro stances that are forcing NAI responses from the thread.
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:31 pm Creature and Alison are terrible votes today.

@MacDougall @staypositivefriend
I realize it’s inevitable but I dislike meta reads since they are obviously exploitable and mutable and regardless of what you think of Creature’s game, he is indeed playing the game and at least giving the appearance of trying to discern alignments, which is more than what 3/4 of the player list is doing. Also multiple people here claim to be master reads of Creature, who becomes obvtown or obvwolf later in the game. Let’s find a Wolfy player who isn’t doing anything.
Interesting contradiction here...likes Alison cuz they are forcing NAI responses from the thread (which is....wow), and also likes Creature cuz he's trying to discern AI.

"I like this person cuz they enjoy hamburgers....I also like this person cuz they DON'T enjoy hamburgers"
tutuu
Posts in topic: 471

Post by tutuu »

I have noted 2 wolves engaging in w/w aggression. You think you're clever. You're not.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Hello, game.

I apologize for my absence. It is SO overwhelming to read 200+ posts every time I open thread, get a read, and hold that read through reading the shitshow that was Alison v Neon.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:09 pm Here's the patented Mac rub.

A lot of people are less playing mafia with a town process and more throwing out thought bubbles and have perspectives that make my lip curl up and make me wish they were playing a different mafia game I'm not in. I begrudge nobody for suspecting or hating the play of these folks.

Wilgy
Jack
Neon
Tutuu
Seanzie
Falcon
Creature

Then there are people who are just like ... not doing much of anything and aren't really redeemable but for whatever reason it seems like there's a moratorium on suspecting them.

Roxy
Finger
Kate

Then there are some players who aren't doing much but they kinda town.

Bereft
Porscha
Dennis

And then there's everyone else. We shall call them "folks who appear to be playing a game of mafia and not a game of scrabble". I like all of them and if you are voting them ur a nerd.

If your name is in the top group and you are town please have a strong coffee, freshly evaluate the game and make some posts that are designed purposefully to be read and understood by a belligerent old townie person so I can stop hating your existence.

Thanks.
Did you write these names from memory, or did you start with a list of everyone, then sort?
Genuine question, why is this important?
Neon wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:31 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:21 am
Neon wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:06 am I decided to fact check myself because I often internally confuse games I played with Alison and Anne internally and mix them up.

Now that I've done that I've concluded the game I was thinking of was indeed with Alison and so I feel comfortable in saying a great majority of my problem with Alison this game stems from her treatment of Roxy and how it has internally pinged me as a recreation of the way I was treated by Alison in King of the Hill mafia. It's possible that maybe I would've been treated similarly if Alison was in fact town in that game but I haven't felt like Alison's attempts to engage Roxy were done to solve Roxy or find common ground or understanding I've felt that Alison's approach to Roxy was designed to illicit a negative emotional response that she could than paint as a wolfy response in a very similar way to how I felt Alison was attempting to illicit a negative response instead of try to understand or engage or solve me in King of the Hill.

I do not think that approach is towny. If I'm wrong I'd love for people to help me see where my thoughts are diverging from reality.
Why is this scummy? You've seen me do it as scum, sure. But you've never seen a town game of mine (so you wouldn't know if I also do it as town), and the act itself is inherently townie. What makes you so confident that this behavior is emblematic of my scum approach but not my town approach, in the face of people like Mac and SPF who have a thousand games with me telling you otherwise?
I don't think the act itself is towny at all. I don't think town should be trying to create a toxic thread state to force emotional reactions to push narratives. I don't think that helps anyone.

Town should be approaching people in good faith in an attempt to understand them and push the game towards positive resolutions. 2 towns may come to 2 entirely different world views reading the same posts its far more beneficial that they try to understand each other's perspectives and read into weather the perspective difference is caused by a wolfy agenda or a town seeing things in a different way. But turning the thread state negative to illicit emotional reactions instead of understanding prevents town cohesion and benefits only scum therefore it is scummy.

Your right I've seen you do this as scum and not town and it may well be within your town range but if I see a similar recreation of a scenario I've seen scum you do before im going to read it as scummy.
This was pretty much exactly my thinking on my Alison vote. Like, I got stressed out reading just about all of Roxy, Alison and Neon's posts. This entire argument had very much brought down morale and it is REALLY getting to me, I'm sensitive. This isn't me saying 'don't pwessuwe plz im just a wittwe baybe...' but it was so aggressive and Alison failing to realize that and continually denying it just felt so, like, surreal? It just actually felt like a screaming match, as a spectator.
tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:01 am alison likes going ham and neon is emotional done debate solved gg next u both town

now id look cool af if i know a wolf and be like "BUT THIS DUDE IS A WOLF KILL HIS ASS" and now u two combine and join forces BAM BAM BAM the enemies of yesterday ARE THE FRIENDS OF TOMORROW just like lelouche and suzaku in ending of code geass and u wombo combo his wolf ass jab hook jab hook hell yea

and then u shake hands and say "gg" and the sigma male grindset music plays in the background
tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:07 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:03 am
tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:01 am alison likes going ham and neon is emotional done debate solved gg next u both town

now id look cool af if i know a wolf and be like "BUT THIS DUDE IS A WOLF KILL HIS ASS" and now u two combine and join forces BAM BAM BAM the enemies of yesterday ARE THE FRIENDS OF TOMORROW just like lelouche and suzaku in ending of code geass and u wombo combo his wolf ass jab hook jab hook hell yea

and then u shake hands and say "gg" and the sigma male grindset music plays in the background
You and Alison rushing to post cap does not fill me with confidence
DAMN im sorry mister imma cc the oracle 5 quintillion iq giga brain cosmos mind power vegemite snorting kangaroo riding bucko, i gotta do better, u right :workit:
I ONLY quoted these because I wanted to say I absolutely LOVE your energy and you like so much fun. Please force me into interacting with you please and thank you. I thought your start was a wee bit off and you weren't taking any real stances but still talking, but that has resolved itself and now I'm pretty sure you're town.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:18 am I really don't like @Dennis's vote on Alison.

Dennis, why you voting Alison?
I think I explained this higher up in this post (or more Neon explained for me lol). The argument, no matter how much Alison denies it, was aggressive and hostile and a bunch of other synonyms for those words. Resulting in a yucky icky thread state where I'm scared to open thread and see a 7 book series, written and edited by Alison and Neon in which they have an epic battle going for each other's throats. I have seen the people telling me this is still Alison's town range and I am planning on moving my vote but I will not drop my suspicion.

Hooooh boy that was something. I really, really am trying to participate. I want to play the game, not be a spectator without spectator privileges. But I genuinely can't hold all of this, like I'm so lucky my teacher lets us on our phones after our work or else I wouldn't have been able to do this. Reads list to come.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 19

Post by fingersplints »

Kate wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:23 am Guys I'm sorry I've been absent. In either alignment I'm usually much more invested than this and I'm really excited about this set up. However my whole family is getting over covid and the baby is not sleeping. Everything I get on here there are hundreds more posts. I just can't keep up.
I feel ya :hugs: 4 yr old has a couple hour screaming episode every night; I don’t know when the last time she slept a whole night was. 1 yr old always wakes for milk but had a particularly rough night. New teeth idk I’m tired My brain can’t focus on shit today
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 19

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:44 am Roxy hasn't returned and is either totally checked out of the game or totally frozen mafia. We should get rid of her because we can't leave her around generating question marks forever.
I hate this idea. She would asked to be replaced. She wouldn’t just leave without saying anything to Spacedaisy.

99% sure she is probably just at work right now.
Gro-oo-ovy
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:49 pm

I have noted 2 wolves engaging in w/w aggression. You think you're clever. You're not.
Did you know that Giorgio Moroder...the Father of Disco...composed this song, as well as Take My Breathe Away and several other from the Top Gun soundtrack?

Here he is being an absolute monster w/ Daft Punk (my fav off the album)

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:44 am Kate townslipped. She's been using the green text all game to represent stuff that's from an out-of-game perspective and that she wants to make sure people know is genuine and not speaking from her role PM. She included "it would be a bad move for town to vote me out" in green text because she was telling the truth about requesting a sub out and accidentally said too much in her "trust tell" font.

Lynching slankers D1 is always suboptimal.

If only there was a recent game where Maf absolutely trounced Town cuz' of this very thing...@DrWilgy , remember?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Almost certainly town

lucy (she/her)

Town

DrWilgy (he/him)
Seanzie (he/him or they/them)
Neon (she/her)
tutuu (any)

Townlean

Roxy (she/her)
falcon45ca (he/him)
Creature (I accidentally deleted your pronouns sorry)
fingersplints (she/her)
MacDougall (he/him)
Porscha (she/her)
sig (he/him)
Bereft (he/him)
staypositivefriend (she/her)

Scum lean
Kate (she/her)
RondoDimBuckle (Accidentally deleted your pronouns too sorry)

Mafia
Alison (she/her)
Baudib1 (he/him)
Jackofhearts2005 (he/him)

I... am now beginning to grasp just how disconnected I really am to this game. I'm not happy with this at all. I will tryhardwr. Very sorry town. Also sorry for delay between last post, I was transitioning into my lunch period.

Lucy is under 'ALMOST certain' because there's always the teeniest chance she lied about Oracle. But I doubt it. Ask for elaboration on other reads and I will try.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Okay, I am here and ready to interact for the next 20 ish minutes before I have biology.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

And there's no one else on this 'who is online tray' :sigh: that's so unfortunate.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

[VOTE: Baudib] aubergine
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Baudib1 »

Dennis:
Thanks for your thoughts and thanks for not voting Alison.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:25 pm

You've been accused of trolling this game. Do you feel that's at all accurate? Do you think you've been solving?

Got 3 Town & 3 Scum and a few blurbs as to why?
I don't think I'm telling a significantly different amount of jokes and I don't know why "trolling" would be scum indicative from me anyhow. Seems like a silly accusation and I'm more or less ignoring it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:15 pm

If only there was a recent game where Maf absolutely trounced Town cuz' of this very thing...@DrWilgy , remember?
Not for wolves. Wolf Alison loves to yeet town slankers like "We can't leave this slot around forever."
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

Hey benneh.
tutuu
Posts in topic: 471

Post by tutuu »

ok not optimal to use my last shot so soon but i wanna. i gotta

@Dennis thank you very much for your kind words, i appreciate them!

while i dont necessarily fully agree with your reads, im beyond confident youre town now. i had a similar idea like you of baudib being mafia and defending alison, alison and jack being a w/w theater. it rolled around in my mind a bit. i like the uniqueness of some of your reads like putting wilgy at almost top town; scumreading both of your parents made me laugh, and i feel for you in your dislike of the negative emotional tactical nukes dropped earlier. you seem super pure and there aint no way you're fooling me. ur good. now, listen up, son .... coz this is important. the days i have left might be numbered .... the sheriff in town, lucy, she don't like me .... she says my breath smells .... she might challenge me to a duel at noon. and she got the sheriff badge, so her word is the law .... if she says i die - i die .... if that happens, who will keep evil at bay? who will keep these dirty criminals, these rascals off the streets of our peaceful town? nobody, you might think ... we are doomed and gloomed ....

... but you are wrong. if i die, i pass my gun to you. its old, its out of bullets, and rusty. just like me. im getting old, son ... ive seen plenty of moons. my time is at an end. but for you ... this is just the beginning. the beginning of a bright new tomorrow. protect this town. protect our innocent civillians. dont let people get into fights, intervene and pull them apart. diving into problems that dont concern you, putting your nose where it doesnt belong - THATS what HEROES do. when morale is at an all-time low, when people are crying, when all hope is lost ... that is an opportunity. opportunity for GROWTH. opportunity for BRAVERY. THATS what HEROES do. you too, dennis ... you too can be a hero ...

-----------------------------------------

now listen up the rest of you scally wag bilge rat rapscallion scabby sea bass blaggards. i arrrrrrrrent repeating myself. savvy?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:20 am So Mac read: being purposely obstinate towards my slot has me thinking wolf, or at least it would had it been anyone else.

I've noticed the same behavior toward Falcon. Not sure if that's relevant.

Mac has called me a wolf on the premise of not believing what I'm posting rather than seek the truth in an effort to solve what I've posted about.

Mac has attempted to invalidate my reads and contributions to the thread as well.

All in all feels very anti town. However, I'd not vote Mac until it's either needed or I've confirmed teammate associations as I've felt this same anti town behavior from Mac before and have been wrong about it. Mac has a tendency to be more careful as wolf I think.

Mac is probably just town. We will see. This behavior could be a response to me being correct about a teammate. I'd call this a 42% accuracy read.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:23 am Ehhh... Actually 40% Mac being a pain in the ass could just be his attempt to actually break through the inability for anyone to read me.

Soft town the more I think about it.

I would still like the data on their perspective re Neon and Falcon though.
WILGY is TOWN for these two posts. i dont care about ANY OTHER posts, these are enough to find him as town. Wilgy here is showing GUTS. he's basically saying "dont FUCK with me Mac. i have "BAD MOTHERFUCKER" written on my wallet. if u push me ill SWING". this is all town. the "im not taking any shit from u" is TOWN. open your emotional third eye and SEE IT

-----------------

BAUDIB is TOWN

i dont remember any of his posts except 4 out of his last 5. thats all thats needed, no more. let me show u:
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:33 am I think we actually need 2 good wagons because the GF cannot be chopped.

So we have a lot of work to do to get to two good wagons.
@lucy @MacDougall @Alison
this IS a town slip if the godfather doesnt work like he thinks he does, but instead it just results in no chop if they're leading wagon. some people say "townships / derps" arent real. those people are wrong. theyre speaking with their emotions - they dont WANT them to be real coz it either:
1) feels lame
2) theyd be embarassed if they make a wrong read based off something perceived as silly as a derp

well guess what, ben shapiro DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS. FACTS DONT CARE ABOUT FEELINGS. TOWN SLIPS ARE REAL. DERPS, SLIPS, ALL OF THAT - ALL ARE REAL. so u better SUCK IT UP butterCUP
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:15 am Rondo, the problem you’re having is that Jack is an obvious wolf and I am not.
THIS is an exceptionally town post. rondo spend 1 hour (i think he spent more) writing a HUGE wall throwing all kinda stuff ad baudib. baudib reponds with this 1 line. notice the emotion here. the attitude of baudib that he must have felt while writing this. open your emotional third eye. see it. its obvious as day. "i dont take no shit from anyone. fuck off rondo". believe it
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:22 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:16 am
Amazing response. I spend the last hour reading through your ISO and giving a considered approach and you meme at me in response. Interesting. Not town.
I can’t really respond to your thoughts because you misinterpreted everything, including the fact that I said you were town.

I’ll take one small thing, which is that Falcon did not hit the nail on the head when he said my mindset isn’t town because I pointed out I was echoing the opinion of our IC, who is town. So take that under consideration and blow up the rest of your post because you’re being (perhaps willfully) obtuse.

I am not going to bother responding to any more of your nonsense.
again notice the emotion. he's keeping very collected, his composure is there, he isn't impolite, but its obvious what he's feeling.
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:28 pm Dennis:
Thanks for your thoughts and thanks for not voting Alison.
and this is the final one. its a short sentence but it says so much. let me transcribe it:

1) dennis scumreads both baudib and alison. theyre both red.
2) baudib is annoyed by the way the game is going, and by multiple people (not by dennis; by other people). he isnt outright saying that he's annoyed, but its clear
3) baudib is trying to do something pro-town. save the town. he believes in alison town. he wants town to win
4) he sees his own name and alison's in dennis's scumreads. he feels resigned that he is a wagon. that the game isnt going his way. that his attempt at towncore is going nowhere. so he very politely and respectfully replies to dennis, resigning to being a scumread of his, and thanking him for not voting the one thing he doesnt want to happen - alison getting voted - coz thats his last hope for the town, from baudi's eyes

baudib is PURE as a DIAPER.

-------------------

listen, im not good at scumreads. i never was. but id like to think im good at townreads. usually i can find town in town players that are getting heat. im gonna just make 2 separate piles - people im rly confident are town, and the rest. sorted alphabetically

baudib1
dennis
drwilgy
lucy
macdougall
neon
rondo
roxy
seanzie

alison
bereft
creature
falcon
finger
jack
kate
porscha
sig
spf

im not putting alison and spf at the top pile because they are from among the best wolves in existence

my real/only scumreads are on porscha and falcon, porscha more so

i really feel happy about the blue pile though - if anyone there fooled me - hats off to them, they outplayed me

good luck yall, and be cool, be chill
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Not for wolves. Wolf Alison loves to yeet town slankers like "We can't leave this slot around forever."
Well, ya I mean for Town. 'Natch it's a wolf strat
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 167

Post by sig »

There is literally zero logic behind this. You’re either letting your emotions get in the way due to the previous clash or you’re mafia trying to find an easy D1 vote.

We’re still only on Day 1 she posted last night and it’s legit only 2pm EST like people have jobs and can’t sit on their phone/laptop reading mafia during the work day.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Well, ya I mean for Town. 'Natch it's a wolf strat
Which is why you should help me yeet Alison. Because she's using a strategy that makes sense for her as a wolf, not a townie.

While I'm burning a post, here are some reads.

Town
Lucy
SPF
Falcon
Sig

Townish
Seanzie
Baudib
Tutuu
Fingersplints.

Special place for players I don't have a read on but won't support yeeting D1
Creature

Scumlean
Wilgy

Scumread
Alison

These are unordered btw.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 167

Post by sig »

I think Alison ane Creatuee both look bad. Creature is jumping from wagon to wagon with very little actual posts to back it up. While Alison keeps coming out with really bad takes that at the very least don’t seem pro civ. The big 3 I heavily dislike is her back and forth with Roxy, trying to let Lucy decide who we’re voting, and being so pro voting off lower posters.

I also think we’re seeing some attempts to shift focus by the mafia team away from the leading wagons.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Alison's strategy itg is almost identical to her strategy as a wolf here

viewtopic.php?t=2423

Push slankers cause we can't resolve them anyway and push players who suspect her because they're "outed" without really explaining why in a coherent way.

Kill. With. Fire.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:11 pmCreature is jumping from wagon to wagon
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:12 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
What are your reasons if I may?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: alison] aubergine
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:34 pm @Dennis thank you very much for your kind words, i appreciate them!

while i dont necessarily fully agree with your reads, im beyond confident youre town now. i had a similar idea like you of baudib being mafia and defending alison, alison and jack being a w/w theater. it rolled around in my mind a bit. i like the uniqueness of some of your reads like putting wilgy at almost top town; scumreading both of your parents made me laugh, and i feel for you in your dislike of the negative emotional tactical nukes dropped earlier. you seem super pure and there aint no way you're fooling me. ur good. now, listen up, son .... coz this is important. the days i have left might be numbered .... the sheriff in town, lucy, she don't like me .... she says my breath smells .... she might challenge me to a duel at noon. and she got the sheriff badge, so her word is the law .... if she says i die - i die .... if that happens, who will keep evil at bay? who will keep these dirty criminals, these rascals off the streets of our peaceful town? nobody, you might think ... we are doomed and gloomed ....

... but you are wrong. if i die, i pass my gun to you. its old, its out of bullets, and rusty. just like me. im getting old, son ... ive seen plenty of moons. my time is at an end. but for you ... this is just the beginning. the beginning of a bright new tomorrow. protect this town. protect our innocent civillians. dont let people get into fights, intervene and pull them apart. diving into problems that dont concern you, putting your nose where it doesnt belong - THATS what HEROES do. when morale is at an all-time low, when people are crying, when all hope is lost ... that is an opportunity. opportunity for GROWTH. opportunity for BRAVERY. THATS what HEROES do. you too, dennis ... you too can be a hero ...
I... I understand, master. This town doesn't deserve this. The killings. The admittedly smelly breath. This violence. These innocent people did nothing wrong to deserve this. I will cherish my time with you, the time we have left. All this time. I never thought THIS, this... act of injustice from our beloved Sheriff... would be how it would end. I thought maybe it would be, a fight to the death protecting someone, side by side, back to back, you and me, against the world. But I've grown--I know the world isn't all good and bad. There's some gray spots. Misinterpretations. And... if this is truly how you go... I want you to go in good faith. I WILL. Protect this village. I WILL. Help the innocent. And I ABSOLUTELY. POSITIVELY. WILL. Get my way into other people's business. Because that's what heroes, that's what YOU, do. But, for now, we are still here. Together. So let's get some mafia while we can, master.

Also, Kate is my only parent in this game. I don't know who else you think is my parent but no it's just my mom here.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:02 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:12 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
What are your reasons if I may?
You may not.

Joking!

1.Idr who argued it, but pointing out that wolf!Alison would definitely push slankers with agenda really resonated with me, coupled with other things that are reminiscent of scum!Alison (aggressive pushes that kinda seem to be more about decreasing thread morale than hunting, for example)

and

2. ties are fun, which is why I...
[VOTE: Baudib] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”