38%

Total votes: 8
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:21 am wait fuck scotty might be town but i can’t explain this
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:22 am the reason is straight awful but it might be right
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:28 am actually ignore me
Here's a big reason why I don't agree with the robyn sus btw. They're playing unfiltered imo, and have sequences like this that are a lot easier to actually think of than to fake all the steps as a wolf.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by DrWilgy »

as it stands from my gleaning afew pages.

Could vote Bereft, Scotty, Robyn.

Gonna start skimming ISOs.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:08 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:58 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:53 am
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:12 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm I’ve turned around on Cape- even tho he doesn’t have a lot of posts, what posts he has made are actual reads. Obviously I would like him to expand on them, but he’s making definitive reads

Thunal on the surface looks fine with their reads, if not making reads that come off as half baked. And no one wants a half baked pie, except maybe the stray cat that hangs out on my patio after dark. He’ll eat anything.
Scumlean
this post is actually disgusting, but i have to read cape's posts in the interim, either way blahhhh, early shade on cape who is the easiest mischop on this side of the mississippi is just not a good look for a player of scotty's stature and understanding
This post seems opportunistic.

Of all the people having suspicions on me, yours feels hollow

[VOTE: robyn] aubergine
of course, i only voted u because bereft did, i never suspected u until after reading ur iso

the only real reason was to see u under pressure, i'd never vote for a bad post and i know that i looked at your iso after i was already slightly conf bias

i was gonna unvote u a few posts ago because your read on cape and suspicion of jjj (before you tr him, but after too, mainly before) felt organic

anyway ur still town
Does not compute.

You are basically admitting you are sheeping bereft and are not coming to conclusions on your own.

@Bereft i don’t know your relationship with Robyn, but do you feel like you would be confident in determining if Robyn is pocketing you? Do you feel that this game, or no?
With both this and your sus on JJJ, why is sheeping scummy?

I don't think sheeping someone is scum indicative. My vote on you is partially sheep and I'm fine with that.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Darling could yeet.

Not much there, but one of the few posts seemed to be a buddy effort to Jay.

Would be a lackluster yeet, but could yeet.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:21 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:15 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

I'm probably most comfortable with my vote here for the night.
did i miss something?
Yeah, I started getting sus on Scotty the page before and showed some of that.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:12 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:09 am i am really not used to not saying everything that comes to mind, usually i just censor what would get me banned/reported
While I don't say everything that comes to mind, I do say most of it. More often than just refraining outright from saying things (barring emotionality or reads I know are too silly), I say what I want to say with careful and deliberate wording and tone. If there are thoughts you wish to express, there are usually ways to do it without encouraging the negative outcomes you wish to avoid.
Here’s how I imagine you, Jay:
my brain wrote:A brainiac child goes to the Build-a-Bear workshop, and instead of stuffing, adds a super computer. He brings that bear everywhere, and it helps him with homework, laundry, taxes, and even gets him to buy his first pack of cigarettes. Not to smoke them, or course- he knows better, because the bear told him the dangers of tobacco. No, the bear got on the kid’s shoulders and would wear a long trenchcoat so the 7-11 employee was none the wiser.
The bear creates a business plan to install a small contraband network with the underage degenerates in class, and the kid makes bank fist over fist.
Eventually the bear outgrows the kid, and heads to Vegas to count cards and get hookers. He doesn’t actually bet- he just likes counting. And he never touches the hookers- he just helps with their self esteem and creates a business plan. In his spare time, he researches cool adjectives, rolls around in funky-smelling spots (because he is a bear, after all!, and teaches Economics part-time at the local community college. When he’s feeling particularly bored, he’ll play a silly game of mafia online with a bunch of Neanderthals.
That’s how I see it for legal purposes, that was a complete joke
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Tbh, I'm not all that confident about Scotty being wolf and I keep going back and forth on him. If we kill Scotty and we're wrong, we just lost a top posting town voice in a game that really needs them.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 am I will murder a zero poster if I feel like it.

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Nah, this helps not at all

If it’s between a no poster and me, I’d rather go over so we learn something

(I mean, obviously I don’t want it to be me, but my point stands)
“Learning something” is not the town win condition.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I made an important point about Scotty in my blind interaction analysis. I’d love feedback on that in particular.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:23 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:14 am
Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:01 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:53 am
Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:44 amrobyn
if i had found u as town would i be a confident tr btw?

or do u just respect my wolfgame that much
my answer to this question would always be no so I am not sure why you are asking this

I do generally think your posts are good, but they haven't leapt out at me as really towny like Bereft's recently have honestly. I think around the point when you started questioning my thunal vote while also being on thunal yourself was pretty towny though, and yes all of those listed are in order.
some people would say yes

understandable, and what do you think about my constant lying so far?
Mostly NAI, felt okay about the lying to thunal thing because it felt bait-y
When did they lie to me?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:25 pm I made an important point about Scotty in my blind interaction analysis. I’d love feedback on that in particular.
I've been burned pretty badly before by making the read of "they're not wolf because they're not teamed with anyone" so I take that with caution especially when there are inactive players. A lot of the unpairings you made I agree with, like Scotty/SVS or Scotty/LoRab not being teamed. Can you explain the Scotty/Bereft unpairing?

It does lower the odds of Scotty being scum somewhat but I don't take it as a strong point.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I don't think Scotty/Cape are teamed anymore btw, and even when I made the read I knew it was low probability. I just nailed a w/w pair from d1 distancing in my last town game so I got excited when I had the thought.
Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:03 pm @Thunal33, I had the same thought that Cape's quick flurry of anti-Scotty propaganda might be more about getting out of trouble than actually suspecting Scotty. However, he made some points I thought were legitimately compelling too.
I think subscribing to Thunal's logic is silly, like why would I not only feel the need to get pressure off myself but also bus at the same time? Like to me that's a pretty bad mafia play unless I was gonna play exactly like ilario or something from my mafia team of Severance that u hosted. But you also said you dont in like another post. Generally I am anti bus early on, like I would vaguely sus my maf partners verbally if they were sussing me and if the thread direction was really going that way, then i might succumb. Like I didnt have a good voting record in my recent scum game here.

I felt kinda strange about ur dynamic with me/Scotty and how hard you shifted into me all of the sudden being scum from your light town reads. Felt like you were building specifically scumreads off consensus
I think Cape straight up calling my logic silly is unpairing with Scotty. It's easier to be dismissive when you know it's wrong.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:59 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:58 am okay serious question, did u enjoy playing mafia today? or was it more grindy than anything
I mostly enjoyed it. Day 1 is my favorite day of the game.

Day 1 is always and will always be my least favorite in mafia.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:59 am
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:58 am okay serious question, did u enjoy playing mafia today? or was it more grindy than anything
I mostly enjoyed it. Day 1 is my favorite day of the game.
i like the late game where it comes down to calculation instead of observation and judgement calls. i think that’s why i also prefer the mafia alignment, i feel like it’s grindy and calculation based where i don’t have to be so confused

d1 is nice big i post a lot to imitate/fake influence which i don't have or want really

blah

assuming i’m town what could i do better here fypov?
Assuming you’re town, who would be your top vote atm? In my read back, I don’t really know who you suspect except me (in a fake case)

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:25 pm I made an important point about Scotty in my blind interaction analysis. I’d love feedback on that in particular.
I've been burned pretty badly before by making the read of "they're not wolf because they're not teamed with anyone" so I take that with caution especially when there are inactive players. A lot of the unpairings you made I agree with, like Scotty/SVS or Scotty/LoRab not being teamed. Can you explain the Scotty/Bereft unpairing?

It does lower the odds of Scotty being scum somewhat but I don't take it as a strong point.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am I'm too lazy to check, but does anyone have an actual take on J^3?
Do you? All I’m finding is “I don’t find that logic overwrought from J3”

Is that a town read?

This kind of "gotcha" line of questioning is more typical of smearing than distancing (if we assume Scotty is mafia).

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:12 am I'm sorry but my relationship with Robyn is of a confidential nature.

On a more serious note, if I told you that I know Robyn is town, what would you do with it?
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:28 am Not that I expected @Scotty to have an interest in it regardless, but Scotty did not answer my question.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:42 am Scotty, if you read the post, there is a sentence that ends with a question mark.

You seem very all over the place at the moment and I hate to admit that I'm struggling to parse it.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 am I can also be more charitable to Scotty.

Look, lets pretend you knew Robyn was town, what would you do with it?

This entire sequence is kind of pointless for teammates. It's not "impossible", but my instinct is nah.

Why was Scotty/Bereft the association you chose to ask about?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:40 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm

Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am I'm too lazy to check, but does anyone have an actual take on J^3?
Do you? All I’m finding is “I don’t find that logic overwrought from J3”

Is that a town read?

This kind of "gotcha" line of questioning is more typical of smearing than distancing (if we assume Scotty is mafia).

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:12 am I'm sorry but my relationship with Robyn is of a confidential nature.

On a more serious note, if I told you that I know Robyn is town, what would you do with it?
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:28 am Not that I expected @Scotty to have an interest in it regardless, but Scotty did not answer my question.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:42 am Scotty, if you read the post, there is a sentence that ends with a question mark.

You seem very all over the place at the moment and I hate to admit that I'm struggling to parse it.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 am I can also be more charitable to Scotty.

Look, lets pretend you knew Robyn was town, what would you do with it?

This entire sequence is kind of pointless for teammates. It's not "impossible", but my instinct is nah.

Why was Scotty/Bereft the association you chose to ask about?
When I went over all the green ones I thought of some interaction that could be unpairing for all of them but I couldn't remember Scotty/Bereft interactions.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:18 am
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:55 pm Im getting a chuckle out of the fact that Scotty/SVS interactions have continued to be of enduring interest in the thread, even as I've found them useful for one thing and nothing else.
Scotty SVS is T v T and this is silly silly
TBD on SVS. She’s fixated on minor details when she does pop in and that’s not something I’m associating with town svs

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:14 pm as it stands from my gleaning afew pages.

Why Bereft and robyn?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Scotty you had asked me about "deep Day 1 analysis". It's there, and you're past it in your catching up. What will you do with it?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:25 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:00 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm I think your being cleared way to easily just for posting a lot and being loud
We can resolve JJJ later. I almost never feel like he’s a good D1 vote unless every other player is, like, Aristotle

Tho tbh playing with a bunch of philosophers sounds like a fucking nightmare so nm
Y'all can but I have a severe allergic reaction to just deciding not to solve people and let a possible wolf take control without question for any extensive period of town
On the flip side, if Jay IS town, we lose a significant voice. Did you SEE the flip charts and excel spreadsheets he just posted? That’s gold.

You might think I’m being sarcastic, and I’m actually not. If he’s bad, I think it will become clearer as the days go on.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 am Or maybe I'm lying and tr J3 and just want to make it look like he's pushable so wolfs don't kill him

Who knows?

I don't tr him but sometimes I do this
Gosh youre town so hard it hurts

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:34 am
Cape90 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:25 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:58 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:42 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am Scotty reads entirely civ to me. Even though he needs to stop padding his post count. That always makes me suspish of people, although I know that isn't a tell for you. But I'm reading you as civ other than that.
This is NAI activity and Scotty usually posts a lot
Hmm...I don't like this
I don’t like corn on the cob

What’s your point
what do you think her point is? This seems like a silly question to ask
I knew I liked you

Wait...I didn't.

I also liked Scotty but now I don't

What's happeningggggggggg
Why am I suspicious? Because I OMGUS’d JJJ for looking like a sheep then upon discovering he had his own reasons to vote me, jumped off him?

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:45 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm I think your being cleared way to easily just for posting a lot and being loud
We can resolve JJJ later. I almost never feel like he’s a good D1 vote unless every other player is, like, Aristotle

Tho tbh playing with a bunch of philosophers sounds like a fucking nightmare so nm
Y'all can but I have a severe allergic reaction to just deciding not to solve people and let a possible wolf take control without question for any extensive period of town
On the flip side, if Jay IS town, we lose a significant voice. Did you SEE the flip charts and excel spreadsheets he just posted? That’s gold.

You might think I’m being sarcastic, and I’m actually not. If he’s bad, I think it will become clearer as the days go on.
I have some of the same feelings about you. We have so many inactives this game that if we kill a high posting player and we're wrong we're just doing mafia's work for them and leaving the people that don't care alive.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:36 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:35 am Town read:
Cape
Long con
Thunal (uno reversal. I dunno. Really liked the involvement I’ve seen in my read back today. Seems solvy)

Town lean:
JJJ (should not be voted today, only a doofus would do it)
Princess Abigail (I also don’t feel like mafia PA comes after the juggernaut JJJ immediately, tho I must profess I don’t know what mafia PA looks like. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it)
bereft (ending response about Robyn)

Scumlean:
LoRab. (Only minorly Scumlean because I haven’t seen too much town equity atm)

Scumread:
Robyn

Others need to post more

I can’t make a good read on SVS at the moment- my paranoia is coming back inadvertently because she keeps wondering why I’m not paranoid. WELL THE PARANOIA IS IN TOWN AND FOUND AN AIR BNB

We’re still missing like 3 people that haven’t posted, which is…….bad. As I have said early on with JJJ, we need town to POST in a no-info dumping game.
@RondoDimBuckle @Seanzie @ts account
Wait... you've never seen me wolf?
If I have I dont remember

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will expand on my current Seanzie vote, because I understand it's the kind of thing that will elicit one of the following responses from the majority of players:

1) grumble grumble why vote for someone that hasn't said anything
2) wow Jay opportunistic easy target very sus
3) that provides no information, dumb dumb

The actual rationale:

-- POE is leading me to a situation where it seems likely the zero posters includes a mafia member. I have too many town reads (to varying degrees) otherwise.
-- My blind interaction analysis suggested that the active players broadly don't fit together very well except in highly specific (and thus, unlikely) combinations

So that's why I would vote for [zero poster].

Beyond that, I even chose a specific zero poster for a reason, though I acknowledge this is considerably less important and more "technical". It's entirely possible that none of Seanzie, ts account, and Rondo are aware of the game yet. That might be most likely. But if we assume for the sake of argument that any of them has seen their role card, then we must ask which one is most likely to say nothing as mafia?

Rondo? Hell no. He'll talk.
ts account? No clue, really.
Seanzie? Yes, he'd wait around. He actually did in Don't Starve (albeit to a lesser extent, he posted 11 hours after game start).

It's hard for something like this to feel inspired, I understand. But I wanted to explain why I voted, because there's more reasoning than one might assume.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine

I'd rather go here. I have enough doubt on Scotty and I feel worse about Michelle than other low posters rn.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Michelle wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:02 pm When was the last time you rolled mafia? Mind if I checked it out? I thought there was a game I was speccing where I pegged you as mafia by like day 3 but I don’t remember if that was confbias or you actually were mafia
Refer to the links in this post -- plenty of examples to work with. It's been both annoying and vindicating to be mafia so many times lately. I had one of my worst games ever in Philosophy 2 a couple years ago, but since then I have gone 5-0 as mafia (despite never being pleased to see the role card at first). Feels nice.
Wait- THATS RIGHT! I was just in a game with you in Don’t Starve, and would have absolutely gunned for you D2 if I didn’t get D1’d. I totally forgot about that game.

Ok ok I *can* read you.
You don't seem too confident here tho
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:32 am Good morning!
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:02 pm When was the last time you rolled mafia? Mind if I checked it out? I thought there was a game I was speccing where I pegged you as mafia by like day 3 but I don’t remember if that was confbias or you actually were mafia
Refer to the links in this post -- plenty of examples to work with. It's been both annoying and vindicating to be mafia so many times lately. I had one of my worst games ever in Philosophy 2 a couple years ago, but since then I have gone 5-0 as mafia (despite never being pleased to see the role card at first). Feels nice.
Wait- THATS RIGHT! I was just in a game with you in Don’t Starve, and would have absolutely gunned for you D2 if I didn’t get D1’d. I totally forgot about that game.

Ok ok I *can* read you.
:| That declaration is me feeling confident. Not sure what you mean
Putting 'can' between stars, I take it as not a solid statement.
Otoh if you can meta read Jay I am envious because I can't. Some hints will be appreciated!
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:22 pm

Ok ok I *can* read you.
i think this is ~rand town perhaps
That's a pocketing attempt perhaps
This felt a bit like going through the motions, especially the pocketing attempt.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm not entirely sure what to do with Michelle. I don't think her posts are "bad", but they don't make me lean town either (maybe with one faint excerption). I'd have her in my POE if nothing else.

Faint exception:
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:04 am
If Jay says yes, what's the conclusion?
What if he says no?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:55 pm This felt a bit like going through the motions, especially the pocketing attempt.
I think that's a reasonable take too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:51 pm I will expand on my current Seanzie vote, because I understand it's the kind of thing that will elicit one of the following responses from the majority of players:

1) grumble grumble why vote for someone that hasn't said anything
2) wow Jay opportunistic easy target very sus
3) that provides no information, dumb dumb

The actual rationale:

-- POE is leading me to a situation where it seems likely the zero posters includes a mafia member. I have too many town reads (to varying degrees) otherwise.
-- My blind interaction analysis suggested that the active players broadly don't fit together very well except in highly specific (and thus, unlikely) combinations

So that's why I would vote for [zero poster].

Beyond that, I even chose a specific zero poster for a reason, though I acknowledge this is considerably less important and more "technical". It's entirely possible that none of Seanzie, ts account, and Rondo are aware of the game yet. That might be most likely. But if we assume for the sake of argument that any of them has seen their role card, then we must ask which one is most likely to say nothing as mafia?

Rondo? Hell no. He'll talk.
ts account? No clue, really.
Seanzie? Yes, he'd wait around. He actually did in Don't Starve (albeit to a lesser extent, he posted 11 hours after game start).

It's hard for something like this to feel inspired, I understand. But I wanted to explain why I voted, because there's more reasoning than one might assume.
When I saw your vote I actually thought it made sense. Atp I'd rather not vote a zero poster since I do care about generating info at this point, but I think there's a good chance of one or more mafia in the inactives.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:07 am <Snip>

It's too cold to walk the dog on concrete, we just did the yard this AM, so I actually have time to read the thread a bit, not just reply to @s (most of which seem to be from you?) and do some real time. And, this is a borderline post, since it doesn't really relate to suspicion, but more to general game play, but meh.

I like to tell people their tells, it makes for a more challenging game going forward. Winning is nice, but winning becasue you figured them out, is nicer, IMO. So you can tell me :grin:
Ok, well the sample size is pretty small but you’re doing the thing you did in our last game together that I associate with the bad you- it’s a habit of over-explaining and giving excuses.

And that you’re still fixated on me. Do you even have any other reads?

[VOTE: SVS] aubergine

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 pm And that you’re still fixated on me. Do you even have any other reads?
Fair question.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

The Michelle vote is more of a GTH. Out of the low posters I don't see myself voting for Wilgy today since his posts have seemed normal for Wilgy so far.

I wouldn't mind a DM vote if she doesn't catch up like she said.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

On that note, @DarlingMonroe:

If you find it impossible to fully catch up, because the thread has grown too large, then I will make the following suggestion. Don't. I still very much want you to make posts, but if time only allows you to choose between 1) trying and failing to catch up, or 2) just entering the thread and playing from the current page --> please choose #2. Fully catching up is not always necessary to play the game, and you may be better off just jumping in fresh.

If you do have time to fully catch up AND get involved before we run out of Daylight (only four hours), then go ahead.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Which, by the way, I want everyone to be aware of if you aren't already.

The day ends in four hours.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

I would comment on Scotty unpairings if it weren't for the fact that I already resigned myself to there being only 2 mafia that have posted at all.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:08 pm I would comment on Scotty unpairings if it weren't for the fact that I already resigned myself to there being only 2 mafia that have posted at all.
Understandable. I think we're kind of left with a reasoning dilemma. Let me work it out (for my own sake):

Premise 1: Scotty doesn't fit with most active players.
Premise 2: Scotty can fit with inactive players.
Conclusion: If Scotty is mafia, then he has inactive teammate(s).

If we accept the above argument, we can proceed to another:

Premise 1: If Scotty is mafia, then he has inactive teammates.
Premise 2: Scotty is mafia.
Conclusion: He has inactive teammate(s).

Valid argument. Modus ponens. Premise two requires killing Scotty and achieving a mafia flip.

Premise 1: If Scotty is mafia, then he has inactive teammate(s).
Premise 2: The inactives aren't mafia.
Conclusion: Scotty isn't mafia.

Valid argument. Modus tollens. Premise two requires flipping multiple inactives and getting town flips.

Both work, but the latter requires more chopping. Bleh. Of course neither argument matters if the flips don't align with the premises "2". Scotty flipping town is poop.

The content of that spoiler can probably be ignored, actually. I don't think my thinking was sound, because arguments can just be inverted to suit a desired strategy. But I typed all of it, so whatever here's a post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:14 pm as it stands from my gleaning afew pages.

Intresting
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Yeah, bluntly, I see {DM, Michelle, Seanzie, Rondo, ts acc} and go, "oh thats a bunch of wolves isn't it".

Thunal's fine.
Cape's fine.
Abigail's fine.
Wilgy's wilging.

I think suspecting SVS is imprudent. Ditto for LoRab. So yeah.
If Scotty was unpartnered from people I thought weren't fine, then yeah, I would've reacted, but no.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:43 pm

Why Bereft and robyn?
Gut
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm not really saying kill him

I'm dating read him... actually fucking read him

Or well that's all I'm willing to do I want to kill wolfs I don't care who they are

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 am Or maybe I'm lying and tr J3 and just want to make it look like he's pushable so wolfs don't kill him

Who knows?

I don't tr him but sometimes I do this
Gosh youre town so hard it hurts
I know I am but what are you?

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:49 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:36 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:35 am Town read:
Cape
Long con
Thunal (uno reversal. I dunno. Really liked the involvement I’ve seen in my read back today. Seems solvy)

Town lean:
JJJ (should not be voted today, only a doofus would do it)
Princess Abigail (I also don’t feel like mafia PA comes after the juggernaut JJJ immediately, tho I must profess I don’t know what mafia PA looks like. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it)
bereft (ending response about Robyn)

Scumlean:
LoRab. (Only minorly Scumlean because I haven’t seen too much town equity atm)

Scumread:
Robyn

Others need to post more

I can’t make a good read on SVS at the moment- my paranoia is coming back inadvertently because she keeps wondering why I’m not paranoid. WELL THE PARANOIA IS IN TOWN AND FOUND AN AIR BNB

We’re still missing like 3 people that haven’t posted, which is…….bad. As I have said early on with JJJ, we need town to POST in a no-info dumping game.
@RondoDimBuckle @Seanzie @ts account
Wait... you've never seen me wolf?
If I have I dont remember
Huh...

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle is, underwhelming, but I can at least see where t Michelle sees Robyns inquiry towards J as weird.

I wouldn't yeet.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

I highly doubt every wolf is in the lowposters

ImageImage

Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Yeah, and the only real posting wolf is Scotty, which is why, he's doing all of this.

Its a worldview to rule out, but, its the only worldview that I even have atm.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:21 am wait fuck scotty might be town but i can’t explain this
I also can’t explain this

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:20 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:32 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:38 pm Someone tell me the cases for the lead wagons, I'm stuck in work hell and going to see the kids tomorrow so activity/reread time will be light today if at all.

Scotty/Thunal.

Clearly there's a wolf in the Scotty, Bereft, Cape90, Jay realm, so which of these is it?
I dunno, but I’m gonna be pissed if I get D1’d again by a bad Jay only for town to lose to him in endgame.
Understandable.

No thoughts on your voters while responding to this inquiry feels weird.
I’ve offered thoughts on each of my voters in my reread as I saw them vote me.

You cherry picking this particular post to shade me is weird

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@LoRab and @S~V~S, I'd appreciate if you could express how you read one another right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:52 pm I'm worried about the amount of low or no posters in this game. I've seen completely winnable games lost because the people that didn't do anything were the ones left alive.
What do you make of those that are currently (or were when I was still catching up) voting low/no posters?

Return to “Previous Heists”