Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 457
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 3] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Any of them. I mean no offense to those players; I just mean they're newer to this kind of game and may not be as accustomed to cop hunting and the importance of removing that role.

I understand your doubt about Epi. It's holding me back from calling him obviously bad. I don't like a lot about his post history (as he doesn't like a lot about mine), but he is right that the Polo kill is hard to attribute to him. It should be hard to attribute to me too.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Any of them. I mean no offense to those players; I just mean they're newer to this kind of game and may not be as accustomed to cop hunting and the importance of removing that role.

I understand your doubt about Epi. It's holding me back from calling him obviously bad. I don't like a lot about his post history (as he doesn't like a lot about mine), but he is right that the Polo kill is hard to attribute to him. It should be hard to attribute to me too.

I don't think any of those players are new to finding role hints..... If you think I missed it, well then, Okay.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 60

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I voted for Eloh. Since she appears to be bad for sure, why backburner her?
B/c I just wanted to see how gullible you all were in a game where infodumping is allowed. :haha: :haha: :haha:

:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
You are willing to get lynched as a civ over an opportunity to laugh at how gullible the rest of us are?

Linki, I have barely read the thread, and I am the suck at hints for the most part. I read into what people say, I don't spend a lot of time on surface questions. One of the reason I don't like playing games with hints allowed.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think Wilgy missed it.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Any of them. I mean no offense to those players; I just mean they're newer to this kind of game and may not be as accustomed to cop hunting and the importance of removing that role.

I don't think any of those players are new to finding role hints..... If you think I missed it, well then, Okay.
Are you accustomed to it being imperative to remove an alignment checker at the first sign?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 56

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Are you accustomed to it being imperative to remove an alignment checker at the first sign?
I have been bad many times. This sort of role needs to go if you've ever been bad. Not just in speed games with info dumping allowed.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 121

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Bash me in the head with a 2x4 if it's never imperative for baddies to be on the lookout for investigative roles.

S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I voted for Eloh. Since she appears to be bad for sure, why backburner her?
B/c I just wanted to see how gullible you all were in a game where infodumping is allowed. :haha: :haha: :haha:

You are willing to get lynched as a civ over an opportunity to laugh at how gullible the rest of us are?

Linki, I have barely read the thread, and I am the suck at hints for the most part. I read into what people say, I don't spend a lot of time on surface questions. One of the reason I don't like playing games with hints allowed.
While I believe that you have struggled to keep up with the thread, I have to call BS on sucking at hints. You picked up on all sorts of little things in BSG. We complemented each other on that front.

SVS's admitting to struggling to keep up with the game, coupled with her absence over Night 2 makes it easier for me to see her as part of a baddie team. As a baddie, she is more of an in-the-moment decision maker than a calculated long-game decision maker. She doesn't gloss over obvious details though.

I can understand why the baddies may not have remembered by post(s) challenging JJJ's red peek claims. While I got the ball rolling, Epi swooped in and cranked the heat up to 11. Epi and JJJ went back and forth for so long, I can see the baddies' eyes glazing over and just washing their hands of the whole mess if it was civ-on-civ in the hopes that it would lead to two mislynches.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Re: [Day 2] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by G-Man »

G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:Because unless there are multiple roles that can investigate at night, you couldn't have had a peek last night.

I literally facepalmed when this post happened. I thought you were overreacting to my fake red peek ruse and exposing yourself earlier than ever necessary.

You're a corpse right now if I'm bad. I don't leave a cop alive in this setup, it's suicidal.
Baddies weren't paying attention then? Who of Wilgy, Quin, rabbit, Spacedaisy, and SVS do you see as being capable of not picking up on that?

I have a very hard time seeing Epi as a baddie. He's so detail-oriented that a post like that would have stood out to him as well.

By the way, I realize that the second question in this post sounds horrible. It sounded better in my head than it does typed out. I did not mean to insinuate anything about anyone's ability as a player. Lord knows I struggle as a civvie as much as anyone else.

Allow me to rephrase it- whose circumstances among those five do you see as facilitating a total miss on my post?

My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The reason I posed that question for rabbit is that I do think there's a difference.

In a no infodump setup, it is still important to find investigative roles, but not necessarily as important to dispose of them immediately. Baddies have more space to arrange their priorities.

In a pro-infodump setup, an investigative role (especially a cop) almost always must die immediately. That single role can dismantle an entire team, even solve the game outright. Keeping it alive for even one extra night can be suicidal.

I'm not sure everyone here is familiar with that difference and the implications thereof.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man, I think the most likely players to miss that post are S~V~S and Daisy.

I'm also not sure Quin kills Polo after he'd been giving me a little crap for defending Polo.

G-Man, whaddya think of Scotty's denial of your indy peek?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Yes, actually. Because I'm a little fed up with all the cop claiming and peek claiming. It's becoming very annoying and I don't think it helps find baddies whatsoever.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I believe you, Elohcin. Who do you think is bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104

Post by DrWilgy »

*eats popcorn*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*eats Wilgy's popcorn*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ricochet »

*confiscates the popcorn*
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I believe you, Elohcin. Who do you think is bad?
My top suspects are G-man, SVS, Rabbit, and you actually (in no particular order).

I will expand upon it in a minute.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm excited to see your reasons. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:G-Man, I think the most likely players to miss that post are S~V~S and Daisy.

I'm also not sure Quin kills Polo after he'd been giving me a little crap for defending Polo.

G-Man, whaddya think of Scotty's denial of your indy peek?
You make too many assumptions Jay. I saw the post, but I believed it to be in the best interest of G-man not to draw attention to it. I also saw his post where he stated clearly that INH was a bad idea for a lynch. Just because I don't advertise what I saw doesn't mean I didn't see it. If I was bad, G-Man would already be dead and likely you too. Also, I'm not certain that G-Man is the real cop or that there even is a cop. His claim about Scotty being indy does not add up for me. Regardless, Elo has conceded her baddie status and I don't see any reason to vote somewhere else.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't really suspect you, Daisy. I only included you in my answer to G-Man's question because you've been distracted by other matter during this game and by default would be more likely to overlook any given post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

G-Man:
I've found G-Man to be inconsistent.
- Day 1 - Starting at the beginning, he weighs the different scenarios of JJJ being a cop and having a Day 0 peek. Day 1, he's inclined to trust JJJ.
- Day 1, he is against the no lynch option and says, " As long as we lynch somebody, those votes will still be informative." This statement says nothing about wanting to try to catch a baddie.
- Day 1 about voting for a lynch he says, "Voting for Vompatti would be information purposes and nothing else. Vomp's style is one that is appealing to baddies to leave in the game to mess with civvie heads." Again, he just talks about how it will give us information and says nothing about trying to catch someone who might be bad.
- He ISOs EVERYONE on Day 1 which seems a little mike he is trying too hard to look civ.
- Day 2 - Within an hour of the day's beginning, G-Man tells JJJ to reveal his peek. Apparently he is still believing JJJ is the cop.
- Day 2 - still hyped on JJJ's red "peek" and says this, "Blunt time I guess. If I had a red peek on Day 2, I wouldn't say a damn thing about it. That way, you can let the baddie you have a red peek on go about his/her merry way for most of the day thinking they can subtly interact with their teammates after a night of discussion."
- Later Day 2 considers JJJ as a baddie who is lying about being the cop.
- End of Day 2 votes JJJ.
- Night 2 - reveals Scotty as a green peek.
- Day 3, as soon as it starts, says I am bad.

I'm not going to go into anymore...he is just all over the place. He is trusting JJJ as cop, then he is not. He is saying nothing about being a cop, then he reveals alliances for two players.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Spacedaisy »

:shrug: I've read every post in this thread, I've been keeping up.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

I have to offer this as Devil's Advocate:

If she's bad...didn't anybody on her team explain how this setup works?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I have to offer this as Devil's Advocate:

Might be a good reason to dissociate her from Daisy, who experienced the best benefits of cop cover first hand in Arrested Development. She'd be better prepared for this stuff from the other side than most others here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have to offer this as Devil's Advocate:

Might be a good reason to dissociate her from Daisy, who experienced the best benefits of cop cover first hand in Arrested Development. She'd be better prepared for this stuff from the other side than most others here.
If she is in fact bad, that has to be some weak BTSCing, which leads me to suspect the lower participants.

And that is something that dampens my 3J perspective. Would you, as her teammate, leave her ignorant of this setup? I don't think you would. That is something I will have to think through.

If she is good though? You and G-Man will feel my wrath.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

SVS:
- Day 0, she thinks Hilary Swank is hot. C'mon! Baddie :p haha, j/k
- Day 0 - talks about technical game related stuff
- Day 1 - still talking about technicalities with the game
- Many of her posts are off topic
- She finally says something noteworthy near the end of Day 1 about how both G and sig only followed rabbit with their votes.
- Laying low perhaps
- Playing it safe
- all those good cliches
- then she is quick to take the opportunity to vote for me when I claimed to be bad. I think she new I was faking and saw it as a quick and easy opportunity.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll spare further thoughts until Elohcin has finished discussing her suspects.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Quin »

rabbit8 wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:S~V~S and rabbit as team mates also presents an interesting dynamic. Rabbit went right after her as soon as she showed up on Day 0/1.
rabbit also claims he'd have voted SVS on Day 1, but he uses Wilgy's actions as an excuse as to why he voted Vompatti instead of the person he'd been making a case against. It could very easily be distancing.

--

I'd like pretty much anybodies opinions on this hypothetical which might indicate SVS and/or rabbit being bad. I'm referring to the coloured post below.
Elohcin wrote:Wow, it had been so quiet in here and then BOOM!
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Well I never liked you anyway!

Different philosophies, I guess. When I have the option I have pretty much always and will always vote no lynch on Day 1.
Please tell me your philosophy. If I find it disagreeable, I'll surely explain why.
There is not enough information for me, personally. Day 1 is a mix of throwing fingers around aimlessly and hoping you can find something that sticks. There's also a high probability of mislynching, but that's variable on what information is available, but you can't really get that until you have more concrete information.
I see where you are coming from. It is rare that a baddie is lynched on Day 1 due to lack of information. I also think that lynching people is where we get a lot of our information, assuming we get to learn the lynched player's alignment.
Vompatti wrote:I think it would be a good idea to start lynching the mafia before they outnumber the civs.
Yes. This is difficult. B/c if the Day 1 lynch is in fact a mislynch, then we have made it that much more difficult for ourselves as our number is possibly two less including a night kill. But the Day 1 lynch does at least give us an opportunity to TRY to get a baddie.

Welcome SVS. Do you know who you are replacing?

I think your observation about the rules, or lack there of, is interesting. Perhaps if we do end on a post count of 4, 9, 13, or multiple of, then the secret rule #4, #9, or #13 will be there to bite us in the butt.

Epignosis wrote:What about those of us who haven't posted at all?
I was wondering where you were at?
Let's assume that G-Man's accusations against Elohcin are correct. Let's assume that because her posts since the info dump aren't doing much for her civ cred. Following are some assertions and my case.

* Eloh knows her teammates

She knows this, but without BTSC, she is unable to contact them.

* SVS replaces a TBD person

Because of the lack of BTSC, Eloh has no idea whether the person replacing out is on her team or not.

* Elohcin asks SVS who she is replacing

It would be important for Elohcin to be sure of any replacements going on in order to avoid accidentally bussing a teammate.

From here it gets a little more iffy.

None of the players who had posted prior to the replacement showed any indication of wanting or needing to be replaced, so we should assume that (at the time) Elohcin was expecting the person being replaced to be from the pile who had yet to post.

At the time of Elohcin asking the above question, the group of people who had not posted consisted of:

Serge
rabbit8
Polo

In remembering that Elohcin would have wanted to be sure of whether SVS was replacing a baddie, and the insight that nobody who had posted obviously wanted to be replaced, it's likely that Elohcin asked SVS in order to make sure that she knew if one of the three mentioned above were being replaced. That leads me to believe that at least one of the three listed above are bad. I'm obviously dropping Polo because he's confirmed civ...and dead.

My conclusion is that at least one of Serge/SVS and rabbit8 are bad.

Or maybe I just spent an hour writing up this lump of garbage because I'm reading too much into a persons curiousity.
I never used Wigly as a reason to vote for Vomps. Why you making shit up?

You want to lynch SVS, I'm down. Have been since day one. I will vote for her whenever.
I'm not talking about Vompatti. I'm talking about SVS. You know that.
rabbit8 wrote:
Quin wrote:Okay, I'm caught up.

I'll address the few people who believe that 3J is the actual cop as opposed to just having a n0 check. He claims to have had a random n0 cop check, which you may or may not believe, but he's made no mention of any continued use of that ability, leading me to think it was just a one-time use (unless I've missed something of course, in which case you should tell me). It's entirely possible that he is actually the cop and the two are separate, but even so I don't see anything I could call a claim unless I'm missing something in his ISO.

I think there are definitely baddies amongst the Vomp voters. Here's what reasoning I perceived from people's votes:

spacedaisy: No lynching is a bad idea - I disagree with the notion, but even so, she voted just for the sake of lynching somebody. To me it doesn't appear as though it mattered who.

SVS: Self-preservation - Totally okay with it.

Scotty: Disliked his reasoning for voting no lynch - I agree with his reasoning here considering he never said why.
Agreed with 3J's case - meh.

3J: Thinks Vompatti was more personally invested in the game than usual - It's a...very grey area for me to interpret but it wouldn't be enough to convince me to vote there.

elohcin: Thinks Vompatti wasn't acting normally - I have pretty much the same opinion as I do for 3J.

rabbit8: No reasoning whatsoever in his ISO. It's just there. His comment about the no lynchers makes me think he has the same mindset as spacedaisy, so my thought process is the same.
Yes, yes I did vote to lynch someone. Had Wigly came on before I had to vote I would have voted SVS with him. :shrug:
rabbit8 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Quin, I was looking at three votes for Vomps, up against four votes for no lynch. I was pretty clear that I thought a no lynch was a bad idea from the time I first came in the thread. Basically I could vote for Vomps to try and get rid of the no lynch direction, or I could have thrown my vote away on someone else. I think the only one anywhere even close at the time was SVS and I didn't feel any more about her than Vomps. So you think I should have thrown my vote to the wind instead? I voted for the result I preferred, even if I was not particularly partial to lynching Vomps specifically. Sorry if you take issue with that, but it is what it is.
As I said I think the way you (and rabbit as well, I'm putting you both on equal turf with this) went about your vote felt like you were voting just for the sake of lynching somebody and avoiding a no lynch. Wanting to lynch somebody without caring who just so somebody was lynched is pingy. You didn't make the 'at least we'll get information from the lynch' argument either so I doubt that was your motive. Why do you think you would be throwing your vote to the wind if you didn't vote for a top lynch candidate?
Trying to avoid a lynch and let baddies kill at will is just as pingy as wanting to lynch someone IMO.

If we have the option to not lynch someone all game, how you gonna vote, Quinn? Absurd.

I wanted to lynch SVS, Wigly and all the votes for SVS came after I had time to switch my vote or I would have voted SVS to lynch her.
Mmhm.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Elohcin wrote:G-Man:
I've found G-Man to be inconsistent.
- Day 1 - Starting at the beginning, he weighs the different scenarios of JJJ being a cop and having a Day 0 peek. Day 1, he's inclined to trust JJJ.
- Day 1, he is against the no lynch option and says, " As long as we lynch somebody, those votes will still be informative." This statement says nothing about wanting to try to catch a baddie.
- Day 1 about voting for a lynch he says, "Voting for Vompatti would be information purposes and nothing else. Vomp's style is one that is appealing to baddies to leave in the game to mess with civvie heads." Again, he just talks about how it will give us information and says nothing about trying to catch someone who might be bad.
- He ISOs EVERYONE on Day 1 which seems a little mike he is trying too hard to look civ.
- Day 2 - Within an hour of the day's beginning, G-Man tells JJJ to reveal his peek. Apparently he is still believing JJJ is the cop.
- Day 2 - still hyped on JJJ's red "peek" and says this, "Blunt time I guess. If I had a red peek on Day 2, I wouldn't say a damn thing about it. That way, you can let the baddie you have a red peek on go about his/her merry way for most of the day thinking they can subtly interact with their teammates after a night of discussion."
- Later Day 2 considers JJJ as a baddie who is lying about being the cop.
- End of Day 2 votes JJJ.
- Night 2 - reveals Scotty as a green peek.
- Day 3, as soon as it starts, says I am bad.

I'm not going to go into anymore...he is just all over the place. He is trusting JJJ as cop, then he is not. He is saying nothing about being a cop, then he reveals alliances for two players.

Besides, you got a number of things wrong there. Chief among them is the fact that I never trusted JJJ as the cop.

My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin, I like your observation regarding rabbit's Vompatti vote, Wilgy's relevance to it, and rabbit's questionable testimony about those events.

For me, the biggest hitch of a rabbit/S~V~S baddie combination is rabbit's quick aggression against S~V~S on Day 1. That's harsh distancing/bussing if they're team mates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man, did your peek on Scotty specifically identify him as "independent" or just "not town"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Been waiting all game to use that image! ;airguitar:

My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I am exploring right now is the possibility that G-Man and Elohcin are team mates, and he is throwing her under the bus with a fake red peek for town credit. I think I am willing to reject that possibility now for a few reasons:

~ Their animosity right now appears genuine, like it would between players opposed to each other

~ G-Man would have to know that such a move would inevitably fail the moment he survives a single night phase.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

There was an earlier discussion about the likelihood of indies being in the game. From what I've seen in it, Scotty was in the spotlight the most about his opinion that indies weren't in the game. G-Man could be painting him based on that, waiting for someone to pick up on it without reading too deep into it. Or, he could be indie. Either way, he's not a priority lynch and there's no guarantee he doesn't have a civ motivation.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Day 1] Triskaidekaphobia Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:@INH: Twitch your eyebrow on day 1 is good enough, IMO, to vote for someone. Thus one reason I'm about ready to give SVS a vote. She brought up sig just to bring him up while saying he was just saying something. I really think she was trying to get others to get a twitch from sig.

But you're advocating a no lynch. I don't agree with you. I have to wonder if a baddie is hiding behind the no lynch to look civvie. I will be looking at you three early no lynch voters harder.

@Scotty: I don't think there would be an indy in this game, but you never know. So clarification is good.
I'm mostly banking on this post by MP RE: Heist games:
MovingPictures07 wrote:We were planning on having a discussion after Zodiac is over, since it's become noted now that the guidelines aren't completely clear, but if any role is anything other than a vanilla role, then it is by definition a power role, not a mechanic. Except for a mafia kill.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Although the Jobs and Side Missions guidelines are meant to be loose, the Heist guidelines are intended to be rather rigid, since these games are designed to be very simple, straightforward games. Experimentation is allowed, but only within the 48/24 and 3 or fewer power roles limit. So going forward if you're a Heist host or thinking about being a Heist host and your game doesn't fit those guidelines to the T, then your game will have to be moved to the Side Mission queue.
I doubt that even one of the power roles would be considered as an indie. And indie does not equal vanilla. I would bet a lot of money that there are no indies in this game.
lol I forgot about this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One thing I am exploring right now is the possibility that G-Man and Elohcin are team mates, and he is throwing her under the bus with a fake red peek for town credit. I think I am willing to reject that possibility now for a few reasons:

~ Their animosity right now appears genuine, like it would between players opposed to each other

~ G-Man would have to know that such a move would inevitably fail the moment he survives a single night phase.
They'd have talked about it beforehand in BTSC but Elohcin's reaction to the infodump is surprise and disgust. Unless she's a very good actor, I think it's a good reflection on him.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:G-Man, did your peek on Scotty specifically identify him as "independent" or just "not town"?
Bona fide independent. It was even a lovely shade of golden yellow. I know his role's name too but RicoHost told me that I'm not allowed to divulge that info. :(

3. :puppy:
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty initially started talking about independents after INH was suspecting me for what he perceived to be behavior similar to his own in a past game as a "chaos independent". INH wasn't necessarily calling me indy, he was just suspecting me in general. Scotty might be guilty of being the independent who can't resist the urge to talk about independents.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:G-Man, did your peek on Scotty specifically identify him as "independent" or just "not town"?
Bona fide independent. It was even a lovely shade of golden yellow. I know his role's name too but RicoHost told me that I'm not allowed to divulge that info. :(

Does the name of his role make you consider him an immediate or long-term threat to the civilian faction?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

If a cop in any regular game gets lucky during the first two nights and was to get a red peek and an indie peek, would they out themselves knowing they'd be killed and hope we could catch the other baddies on our own? Every day they don't reveal their peek is another day they risk being NK'd and being unable to concretely reveal them.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Rabbit:
- Overall, quieter than normal, from my experience. Laying low, flying under the radar, etc.
- Day 0 - comes at SVS pretty hard for saying something just to say something. Maybe he is trying hard to find something on a civ to go after?
- Day 1 - calls people out for wanting the no lynch option. I don't find this suspicious, but thought it was noteworthy.
- Day 1 - Still going after SVS for saying something just to say something
- Day 2 - plays catch-up
- Day 2 - thinks JJJ is playing odd
- Day 2 - says Epi is odd
- Day 2 - says a post from G is weird

I am going to go ahead and post this so far. I have to go do dinner stuff and will be back to finish later. Overall, Rabbit doesn't do a lot of explaining or elaborating like he usually does. I think he is just being quiet and it could be b/c he is bad.

and lots of linki to read later
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Don't forget me, Elohcin. I need to know why I am both one of your two civilian peeks and one of your suspects.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Does the name of his role make you consider him an immediate or long-term threat to the civilian faction?
Bunnies, kittens, rainbows, and happy little clouds didn't exactly come to mind when I saw the name but I haven't seen anything in the host posts or results to make me wary of a nefarious power at work aside from the mafia.

My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:If a cop in any regular game gets lucky during the first two nights and was to get a red peek and an indie peek, would they out themselves knowing they'd be killed and hope we could catch the other baddies on our own? Every day they don't reveal their peek is another day they risk being NK'd and being unable to concretely reveal them.
This all depends upon who has the cop role and how badly or well the first two lynches went. I think that under the circumstances, G-Man's actions are believable. We started with two mislynches and he probably felt a little exposed during the night phase.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
G-Man wrote:

Bunnies, kittens, rainbows, and happy little clouds didn't exactly come to mind when I saw the name but I haven't seen anything in the host posts or results to make me wary of a nefarious power at work aside from the mafia.

My chief worry is demolition man, or bomb, or terrorist, or something like that. Something that explodes and kills three people at LyLo. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If Scotty is a harmless independent, then I don't know what would hold him back from just telling us that. It's legal to do so. Instead he has outright denied being an independent and called G-Man a liar -- this means one of them must be a liar at least in this instance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If Scotty is a harmless independent, then I don't know what would hold him back from just telling us that. It's legal to do so. Instead he has outright denied being an independent and called G-Man a liar -- this means one of them must be a liar at least in this instance.
Well that's an easy one.

If he's civ, he's fine.

If he's indie: 'I have no idea who's bad so let's all just lynch Scotty because he's indie and definitely a threat to us'
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, most of the time a cop is not capable of identifying independents. A cop's purpose is to identify town and mafia exclusively, or more accurately "town" and "not town". When a "not town" result appears, it is supposed to leave some ambiguity to facilitate a potential independent role.

Identifying independents is typically a function of a different role. On RYM we called it a rogue cop. Some sites call it an FBI investigator.

Problem is, I have no idea what Ricochet knows about all that and how he might design his alignment checker.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gotta run for now.
I still think Elohcin is bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

By the way, I'm starting uni again today so my activity will be less than it has been lately. Though not by much, since I procrastinate everything until right up until the end of semester anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Some things to be attentive to:

We started with 14 players and are now down 4, all town. I think that means that the most likely current ratio is 6 townies to 3 baddies to 1 independent. Those aren't great numbers, even considering we're about to eliminate a baddie. That could be one mislynch short of LyLo, no matter when the mislynch takes place. Scotty's role could also add complications if he is anti-town (a demo man is a possibility, or alternating night kills between he and the baddies).

The number of power roles and how they are distributed is dependent upon Rico's interpretation of the heist game guidelines. If he interpreted "three power role limit" to mean "just for the town faction", then that's quite different to "for all factions combined". I am inclined to think with the latter mindset, because it is the more dangerous scenario and thus the one best to be prepared for. We have one cop and one unknown independent -- that'd leave room for one more non-vanilla role. It could be on the baddie side, perhaps a godfather. Given the original numbers though (10:3:1), I think it's more likely to be on the town side, most likely the doctor who will be keeping our cop alive through Night 3.
G-Man wrote:Big baddie Elohcin needs to die. :srsnod:

No proof there's a cop in play. G-Man makes the power play. People bought what he was selling without question. Scotty denies being independent.

Return to “Previous Heists”