No votes

Total votes: 0
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And, that said, let me make it clear that despite agreeing with Jay extensively this phase (which I didn't really feel so much during d1), I still disagree with him on the level of confidence in my town read of Rico, among other things. I have him as a slight town read for a reason; he's certainly not my most confident read.
more inconsistency
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And, that said, let me make it clear that despite agreeing with Jay extensively this phase (which I didn't really feel so much during d1), I still disagree with him on the level of confidence in my town read of Rico, among other things. I have him as a slight town read for a reason; he's certainly not my most confident read.
This looks like you're setting up to not be a primary target after the baddie Rico flip.
If that was what I am doing, which I am not, then surely I'm not doing a good job of it, precisely due to your post right here. If that's how you interpret my behavior, so be it. I don't know Rico's alignment. I'm defending him for clearly stated reasons and my perspective. I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment but my own.
zebra does raise a good point about your motive here. Why take the time, moments before Ricochet flips, to announce that he's not actually a strong town read? He's going down no matter what. Why make the clarification then?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Effective immediately, QUIN is replacing SANMATEO and cannot be NK'd tonight.
suck on that, losers :keys:

I'd appreciate it if y'all could give me some time to get my real life workload out of the way before I invest myself too deeply here. I've got multiple reports due today I need to touch up before I submit them so my activity is going to be spotty probably just for this phase. After that, I can participate as I usually do :srsnod:

I've been following along to a certain extent (though mostly just skimming tbh), so I'd love it if anyone could sum up some of the more important things or give me some direction so I don't have to re-read 30 pages. There's a lot of invested people in this game so that would be no quick task. :srsnod:
Team JaggedSlooneiSock and Team Maczebrahere are locked in a heated battle of mostly townie contention.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Night 2

Post by Sloonei »

It's 2 AM and I'm caught up except for one thing: Happy birthday LoRab!

Now I get to answer this:
a2thezebra wrote:What are some of your current reads in a post-Rico game, Sloonei?
When I left a couple hours before the EoD I was still feeling pretty good about Rico himself. INH was my strongest scum read because he still had not addressed most of my case against him. Elohcin was somewhere on the scum side of the spectrum as well.

I've come out of the day feeling a bit better about INH, though not enough to call him a town read yet. There's still the issue of the entire case I made against him yesterday. I give him credit for Day 2 because he was one of the most involved players in the action. He definitely wasn't hiding behind anyone, though the buddy-buddy routine between you two (speaking to zebra here) isn't something I wish to ignore. I still find INH suspicious, but I'd like to give myself space to look at the game from different angles.

I still can't tell if Mac is being antagonistic because he's Mac or because he's scum. I laughed at more of his posts than anyone else's, so I'm giving him a town read on that alone.

I think Elohcin is a worthy suspect. I would not put it past her to knock Epi off on Night 1 just to protect her own skin. You can make the argument that Epi was killed to frame her, but either way we're just staring at a pure case of WIFOM. I am saying that I can easily imagine a scenario where she does that. I find her content more suspicious at face value than the other people who've suggested the theory.

Except I'm also having doubts about MP now, as a few of my catch-up posts indicated. I am not sure his behavior at the end of Day 2 was totally consistent.

I think there were a few good points made against sprityo too, but that's like ancient history now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also I want to hear why SVS has a slight scum read on me. I think that's everything I wanted to say for now. Maybe. I'm going to sleep.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:

I'd appreciate it if y'all could give me some time to get my real life workload out of the way before I invest myself too deeply here. I've got multiple reports due today I need to touch up before I submit them so my activity is going to be spotty probably just for this phase. After that, I can participate as I usually do :srsnod:

I've been following along to a certain extent (though mostly just skimming tbh), so I'd love it if anyone could sum up some of the more important things or give me some direction so I don't have to re-read 30 pages. There's a lot of invested people in this game so that would be no quick task. :srsnod:
Team JaggedSlooneiSock and Team Maczebrahere are locked in a heated battle of mostly townie contention.
What does mostly mean? Are you against either Mac or zebra?

I'm gonna suck it up and read the thread again because surprisingly enough, asking people to summarise 30 pages didn't work out too well. :P
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
G-Man wrote:

What does mostly mean? Are you against either Mac or zebra?

I'm gonna suck it up and read the thread again because surprisingly enough, asking people to summarise 30 pages didn't work out too well. :P
Jay
zebra

Mac
MP

INH

I can give you a brief and incomplete summary:
On Day 1 Ricochet started out by throwing around some nonsense about "policy lynching" Mac because Mac killed him in the Three Kingdoms game. Some people interpreted this as scummy behavior from Rico, others did not. Epi said some things, and for some reason we lynched Scotty. I honestly don't remember why. Then Epi got killed. The prevailing theories seem to be that either Elohcin did this, or someone did it to frame Elohcin.
Jay and zebra argued into infinity about Ricochet. Mac chimed in every once in a while but was apparently just antagonizing Jay because Mac.

I said some things about insertnamehere hiding behind other players and piggybacking on their theories and grew suspicious of him for this. He got very upset and yelled at me. A couple other people seem to have agreed that he did not look great and he got some votes. Still others say he looks town. I'm not sure what to think at the moment.

And then Rico got lynched and it turns out he was a self-serving indie role, which I guess is what we all deserve.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Thanks. I'm catching up. :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
:ponder:
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
I think this post was looked into already, but I'm gonna jump on and say I don't like this. It's wordy and more-so centered around being confused by the act than it is being suspicious of it.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Am I late to the Quoonei party? That's so Neil. I've been signing autographs backstage.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also neglected to mention... we have a birthday girl in the lounge tonight? Yeah it's past midnight now, but what the hell. Raise your glasses everyone for LoRab!
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Ricochet wrote:Oh, and on MP, I have so far "hoping on lynches he doesn't even share the same views on" and "agreeing with my suss'd deflections without argumentation". Neither are ideal, clean moves, but they're also far from portraying MP alignment-wise.
This was a fair point from Rico, but I don't have full context, so I'll have to go back and read into it.

Question: Was Rico indie or civ? His role was listed as a civilian but described as indie so, uh. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I also neglected to mention... we have a birthday girl in the lounge tonight? Yeah it's past midnight now, but what the hell. Raise your glasses everyone for LoRab!
Happy birthday to LoRab, as well!! :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh, and on MP, I have so far "hoping on lynches he doesn't even share the same views on" and "agreeing with my suss'd deflections without argumentation". Neither are ideal, clean moves, but they're also far from portraying MP alignment-wise.
This was a fair point from Rico, but I don't have full context, so I'll have to go back and read into it.

Question: Was Rico indie or civ? His role was listed as a civilian but described as indie so, uh. :shrug:
I would call him technically civilian and functionally independent. Losing him hurts town in the numbers gain and may in a roundabout way help them in the information game. I'd still say his lynch is a net loss, but less of one than any other civilian lynch would have been.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

3J keeps breaking character when he's trying to talk about important stuff. He gets town points for this. Baddies hiding behind their roleplay aren't as likely to do that, because they're still in control given that they have insight that civs don't. They won't stress out.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Woot. Thanks Neil Jay!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:birdwithteeth has not posted in this game yet. That is the entirety of the case against him. Scotty always votes a no-show or low poster on Day 1. Elohcin voted purely out of self-preservation.
But MacDougall had more votes than BWT when Eloh voted, yes?

I only skimmed this AM, I will read back to when I told Rico I was going to step back when I get home in about 1.5 hours.
If this is true then this looks bad for Eloh. A BWT wagon would be a lot less likely to take off than a Mac wagon since only one of them was actually around. It doesn't make sense for a self-preservation vote.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
His post caught my attention as well. Did I make a mistake letting it go based on the fact that it came from Wilgy? I don't think so.

Sloonei mentioned in a post that you were pinged by 3J's roleplay earlier, LoRab. Can you elaborate on why? Was there a reason to suspect him for it in this specific case, or is it based on principle?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

@Lorab, yes that is what I stated. Your point?
What's your view on Sloonei now that you have an alignment to work with?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm at page 15 in my catchup, but I've still got some work to do tonight so I'll come back to it probably tomorrow morning. I'll definitely regret that decision. :haha:

My main train of thought right now is that Eloh looks bad. I'll give her a proper ISO at some point.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Quin you seem good so far.

So all my leads are pretty dead. Reassess time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Actually no spirityo and glorfy are bad rico unrelient.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:birdwithteeth has not posted in this game yet. That is the entirety of the case against him. Scotty always votes a no-show or low poster on Day 1. Elohcin voted purely out of self-preservation.

I only skimmed this AM, I will read back to when I told Rico I was going to step back when I get home in about 1.5 hours.
If this is true then this looks bad for Eloh. A BWT wagon would be a lot less likely to take off than a Mac wagon since only one of them was actually around. It doesn't make sense for a self-preservation vote.
Other people pointed out later that it wasn't. Someone moved a vote iirc after she voted.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome, indiglo!! :yay:

Sorry to see you go, BWT, but I know you're busy.

Quin, I don't have any specific requests for you, though it would be nice to see a rainbow at some point once you feel comfortable enough to throw one at me. :D

Sloonei wrote:More self-absorbed analysis Sloonei:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Potentially controversial opinion: INH and Rico are currently my two strongest town reads based on tone.

Looking at the tally, that leaves me in an undesirable situation.
15 minutes earlier...
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei is towning this thread up. I'd be shocked if he's mafia, at least right now.
Granted, he never gives me a specific ranking in his list of reads, but the message that I got from the latter post was that my towniness was so glaring that it merited its own definitiveacknowledgment in the thread. This would presumably place me very near the top of the list. But then 15 minutes later, INH and Rico are his two strongest reads. Did my towning really wear off that fast?
This is a misunderstanding. It's my bad, I didn't word my post that you quoted there very well. I should have specified that those two folks were my strongest town reads based on tone alone. I talked about my thoughts on those two folks in future posts, but let me link you to my Rainbow #3:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rainbow #3

Sloonei
a2thezebra
JaggedJimmyJay

S~V~S
LoRab
Dom

Ricochet
insertnamehere
motel room
MacDougall

birdwithteeth11
sanmateo

DrWilgy

Glorfindel
sprityo

Elohcin

In contrast to my first two rainbow lists, I ranked folks within groups as well as across groups.

I have a lot of town reads. I'm sure I'm wrong about at least one of them.

As I have noted previously, I'm more heavily weighting tone and my gut evaluations this game than I usually do, quite a bit actually, but I will still try my best to explain where all of these are coming from. Below are some additional comments. I invite any of you all to press me further on these if requested, and I'm itching to discuss any areas of disagreement.

Right now I'd be pretty surprised if Sloonei, zebra, or JJJ are mafia, though I'm still entertaining the possibility and it will take continued town behavior for them to maintain such a lofty read. They are all contributing heavily to hunting mafia, they seem genuine in doing so, etc. I see absolutely nothing disagreeable or disingenuous in Sloonei's behavior. The back and forth between Jay and zebra was instrumental in my development of both of those reads as well.

S~V~S and Dom remain in my moderate town reads; I don't feel that inspired by their d2 content, but I don't feel inclined to lower them at this time either. LoRab has gone up from a slight town read to a moderate town read due to her d2 contributions, which I have found substantive and genuine.

The slight town reads are a mixed bag. INH and Rico aren't strong town reads for me; in fact, they both probably would be slight mafia based on their in-thread content alone, but my gut is feeling pretty good about them being town right now and they both easily could be perceived as low-hanging fruit since I don't think the cases against them are really all that, hence the compromise between my brain and my gut resulting in a read of slight town. motel room has dropped down just a bit, though I don't see anything alarming in his behavior and still don't want to lynch him. MacDougall has dropped a bit too (both he and MR were moderate town reads previously) because I cannot decide whether his d2 behavior has a nefarious agenda or he is a townie and I am not melding with him due to differences in perspective. His attitude seems a bit cavalier, particularly towards Rico, but I suppose that isn't out of character for a busy Mac and it is understandable given Rico's salty behavior in d1. Nonetheless, I do agree with Jay's observations that Mac's responses and treatment of Rico today seemed as if he wasn't actually reading Rico's intentions to hunt otherwise and unnecessarily antagonistic towards Rico and Jay. He could just as easily be seen as a salty townie who I can't quite get or a baddie with an agenda, which would easily explain why I'm not melding with him and his antagonistic and somewhat increasingly anti-town behavior. So I'm having trouble figuring him out.

birdwithteeth and sanmateo still aren't doing anything, so I can't do anything with them.

Wilgy is an enigma. I feel like his behavior is easily compatible with either alignment, but GTH I'm leaning mafia. This is the read I have the least confidence in. Note to self: Please engage with Wilgy ASAP.

Glorfindel hasn't really done anything to remove himself from my orange reads (understandably, given his RL stuff). I feel similarly uninspired by sprityo's recent contributions; even though he has given more thoughts than Glorfindel, I cannot see the townie mindset in them at this time. I appreciate that he's trying though, especially since I know he's not used to near this level of activity on his home forum.

Elohcin is utterly uninspiring. I have had trouble reading her in the past, but I'm not letting that influence my judgment. She deserves a strong mafia read at this point because she has the most incentive of anyone to kill Epignosis; despite her continued confusion, she appears to be making no effort to engage with or understand anyone else's views whatsoever. I also find the fact that she finds Jay civilian suddenly now dubious given that she seemed to suspect him earlier for potentially hiding behind his roleplaying even though he evidently was not doing so and continues not to do so. I think all of her posts are incredibly easy for her to maintain as mafia, and her tone is completely underwhelming and consistently devoid of emotion, coming across as manufactured. She is definitely my biggest mafia read; I don't have any reason to read her as town.
where you can see that INH and Rico are slight town reads and you are a strong town read. Hope that makes sense; if not or you have further comments about my placement of folks, give me your questions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
This looks like you're setting up to not be a primary target after the baddie Rico flip.
If that was what I am doing, which I am not, then surely I'm not doing a good job of it, precisely due to your post right here. If that's how you interpret my behavior, so be it. I don't know Rico's alignment. I'm defending him for clearly stated reasons and my perspective. I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment but my own.
zebra does raise a good point about your motive here. Why take the time, moments before Ricochet flips, to announce that he's not actually a strong town read? He's going down no matter what. Why make the clarification then?
Transparency. I spoke on this to a degree already here. Let me know if you have further concerns.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:Except I'm also having doubts about MP now, as a few of my catch-up posts indicated. I am not sure his behavior at the end of Day 2 was totally consistent.

I think there were a few good points made against sprityo too, but that's like ancient history now.
Can you elaborate? What other concerns can I address? This is the second time now someone is calling my behavior inconsistent; first, I am not sure how that is the case, and second, I am not sure how, pending showing me that it is the case, that would make me mafia-aligned.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have to run; now I won't be back until d3. See you folks then! I look forward to hearing more from Quin and indi. :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

For the record, I still don't know what he was talking about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Except I'm also having doubts about MP now, as a few of my catch-up posts indicated. I am not sure his behavior at the end of Day 2 was totally consistent.

Can you elaborate? What other concerns can I address? This is the second time now someone is calling my behavior inconsistent; first, I am not sure how that is the case, and second, I am not sure how, pending showing me that it is the case, that would make me mafia-aligned.
The two posts you addressed. And you addressed them fine. The latter was my bad, as I got on you for it before I finished my catch up, but I still wanted to see how you'd respond so I stuck to my guns.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The graduate school application process is going to drive Neil Hartley to drinking.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The graduate school application process is going to drive Neil Hartley to drinking.
This news is encouraging to Sloonei :faint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The graduate school application process is going to drive Neil Hartley to drinking.
Get as much information and guidance as you can while you're still in an academic environment. People available to you will have knowledge of how this stuff goes. I haven't taken a class in an actual classroom for a decade; I've had to wing the whole deal.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Get as much information and guidance as you can while you're still in an academic environment. People available to you will have knowledge of how this stuff goes. I haven't taken a class in an actual classroom for a decade; I've had to wing the whole deal.
I've probably already let that opportunity slip by as well. I've been out of school for nearly a year now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote:

Sloonei is no longer on my baddiedar.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Doctor Rutherford Wilgy, MD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Asah duud?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
His post caught my attention as well. Did I make a mistake letting it go based on the fact that it came from Wilgy? I don't think so.

Sloonei mentioned in a post that you were pinged by 3J's roleplay earlier, LoRab. Can you elaborate on why? Was there a reason to suspect him for it in this specific case, or is it based on principle?
Based on principle. That's a behavior that always pings my suspiciometer. However, he's had high content and has broken character enough at this point and I don't suspect him. At least not currently.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

And as it's been pointed out, no...Mac and BWT both had 2 votes when I voted. But at the time I thought it was time for me to make a self preservation vote. I think we ought to get past this. Why is it you think I am so bad? Does your opinion stem from what others have said or is this all your own thoughts as you have caught yourself up after replacing in?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Omoshiroi desu ne?
Is LoRab still bad?
Yes. Rico's alignment in my head was more based on Lorab. Lorab is still bad tho.
Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I'm very behind, wow.

On page 23 so I'll be back answering anything directed st me.

Apologies for missing the vote as well, I clonked out right after dinner last night
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Not to pick on sprityo, but I think it's worth noting that he has played absolutely no role in either lynch. Day 1 he parked an early outlier vote on Jay. On Day 2, like he just said, he completely missed the vote. I'll have to go back to see what side(s) he was on on Day 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

These are the most substantial reads sprityo gave on Day 2. The closest he comes to naming a scum suspect is his affirmation that he "can see the side of" my case against INH, but he follows that up by saying it's "not enough". That is fair. But other than that he mostly offers a lot of soft or waffly. "No opinion on either Mac or Rico", "MP has not done anything terrible".
sprityo wrote:@sloonei: I didn't forget your question, I just haven't willed myself around to doing it yet. At first glance inh is in a weird position to say the least. I'll try to do something decent tonight or something maybe idk.

Linki: I totally was just about to post this
sprityo wrote:@sloonei: it appears INH was sorta in the game, trying to put out some kind of content as to not look useless/lurker suspicious. But then you started poking at his logic with questions and he basically got more and more defensive (and frustrated) as it went on until he did that large post on page 16.) overall I think you should cut him some slack and back off the previous day stuff and ask his opinions on something else rather than frustrate him more. I can see your side of the argument about him just parroting, but it's not enough to convince anything short of thinking INH is null or slightly scummy at worst
sprityo wrote:@sloonei: well off the top of my head I can place Sloonei and JJJ in town with zebra following them. I don't have an opinion over either mac or Rico, and I don't think MP has done anything terrible outside of just being goofy. Other than that I haven't tried to deep think about anyone mostly due to the large amounts of text that appear between two people at a time. I'm essentially at "everyone is innocent until proven guilty" right now
It's fair to not feel confident in reads on Day 2, especially in a game you're not fully caught up from. But I still need to ask you, sprityo, if you had to come up with one or two scum reads, who would they be? Has anything about the general vibes you mention in the last post I quoted here changed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

FYI- the night post might be late tonight. Lots of birthday prep for the girls' party tomorrow.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

And as it's been pointed out, no...Mac and BWT both had 2 votes when I voted. But at the time I thought it was time for me to make a self preservation vote. I think we ought to get past this. Why is it you think I am so bad? Does your opinion stem from what others have said or is this all your own thoughts as you have caught yourself up after replacing in?
Your vote isn't so suspicious to me anymore now that I know the full context, but I'm still iffy about the way you went around developing your suspicion of 3J. Are you still suspicious of him? Why/why not?

I'm continuing my catchup. I don't know how you guys do this all the time :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Your vote isn't so suspicious to me anymore now that I know the full context, but I'm still iffy about the way you went around developing your suspicion of 3J. Are you still suspicious of him? Why/why not?

I'm continuing my catchup. I don't know how you guys do this all the time :disappoint:
I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
I may have missed that post. That, or I just haven't come across it yet. Do you have any other reads?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.
One of the reasons you've gotten the attention of Neil Hartley for the wrong reasons is that you keep attributing my suspicion of you to Epignosis. Don't get me wrong, Epi is a top gentleman. He knows his stuff. You're talking to Neil though. You know, the main event? The man under the spotlight with the microphone who's been crooning the evening away so divinely? You're talking to me, not Epignosis.
It's weird. I don't know what it is. But your role-playing makes me cringe. (I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.) I think there are multiple reasons for this. First, you have always been such a logical, reasonable player. And this act seems to be the opposite to that. The second reason is difficult for me to explain. I am a very matter-of-fact person. Black and white. The role playing unnerves me for some reason and I think its b/c it seems like you are hiding behind it. Like you don;t have to be real or talk about real issues of the game b/c you are roleplaying. Maybe I am the one being weird, or who IS weird. Maybe I am bringing my own personality issues into this and shouldn't be. FWIW, I think you are civ.
Is this the post you are referring to, Eloh?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:Both Zebra and Motel Room have summed up my thoughts fairly well. Motel Room has drawn the same conclusions of Ricochet's play that has led to me reading the way I have, which is why I voted for Ricochet and Zebra explained exactly why I posted my first day 2 post when I dead, because I had stopped reading Rico's shit. Ricochet continuing to be antagonistic towards me on day 2 after dropping the policy lynch doesn't make me feel good as Mafia. Ricochet as well as the majority of the thread continuing discourse the involves me is annoying as fuck and my opening day 2 post reflects that, which Zebra adequately pointed out. Dom pointing out that the Ricochet/Mac stuff being unnoteworthy is also how I feel. It is annoying the fuck out of me that it continues.

Ricochet annoyed me for trying to policy lynch me day 1. I ain't about that life. That it started to bleed into day 2 started to . My first post reflected that. Zebra read well that I had stopped really reading his shit. Ricochet was not bad for it, but it definitely emotionally affected me. There is no way to say that bad rico wouldn't do it, or good rico is more likely because rico declared that he would do it before the game even started. He was all in on doing so before he drew a rolecard. So his day 1 policy lynch stuff is an absolute null.

Ricochet continuing to be hostile to me after that makes me think he is bad. I don't see any reason why he would feel the need to be antagonistic towards me, or make the post like "continue to kill whoever you want" if he is to be reverting to having a null read of me, which he should be. Motel Room did a good job pointing this out.

I think JJJ is trying to dig his scum teammate out of the shit tbh. It's easy to say "oh wifom as if he'd do that as bad" just as it's easy to say that he wouldn't have killed Epignosis, I love how he immediately ruled out the potential of he and a myriad of other players being responsible for the death of Epi because of interacting with him on the night immediately preceding Epi's death. I think JJJ is bad and is playing a very straight bat and leaning on wifom to throw us off. It's exactly how Wilgy and me play scum and tbh the fact that he referred to us as exponents of it makes me think he is extremely conscious that he is employing Maclike scum tactics in this game.

So far if I was to bucket people I would say I am reading Motel Room, Zebra, Dom and INH as civ because I can understand just about everything from them, there is no spin and it's easy to follow, and I am reading JJJ and Rico as bad because I can't rationalise some of their stuff. Everyone else is fairly neutral with the exception of Sloonei who I am gut reading bad but haven't got much in thread evidence to lean on. I think Dom is probably good.
If I gained anything from the 3J/Zebra argument its that Rico entered Day 2 without an anti-Mac agenda, so this whole post feels like an emotional appeal based on incorrect testimony.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think I'm just misunderstanding what he's said, actually. I retract any bad thoughts I have about Mac from this, because I see the train of thought that would lead Mac to flat out ignore Rico and lead into him antagonising him on Day 2.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Omoshiroi desu ne?
Is LoRab still bad?
Yes. Rico's alignment in my head was more based on Lorab. Lorab is still bad tho.
Except that I'm not. If you care to say why you think I'm bad, please do. Thus far, your reasoning for suspecting me was based on my voting not for Ricoh to swing the pendulum away from him--we now know that he was neutral and didn't have a team. So....why do you think I'm bad?

Is it because I called you out for expressing happiness that the mafia had a successful kill?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”