INH
3J

Maybe Bad
Dom
Quin
Sloonei

Evil
Glorfindel

If I'm right, there's a 2/3 shot to round up Glorfindel's team.

Quin and Dom have had a lengthy back and forth. On the surface, that leads me to believe they aren't teammates.

If memory serves, Dom defended Elohcin, but he didn't vote to save her Day 3. He left his vote on MP.

Sloonei voted Elohcin Day 1, but not Day 2 or Day 3.

Quin subbed in and went after Eloh, voting her third.

Based on that, I would say lynch Dom or Sloonei next. Dom not budging when a teammate is in trouble is a way to evade scrutiny, and Sloonei didn't follow through with the Elohcin suspicion, even voting alongside Elohcin against Lorab. I say lynch either of those two unless you believe Quin came in and straight bussed his teammate, which I don't have any reason to believe.

There. I did something. You're welcome.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Re: MAD MAX: Day 8

Post by Epignosis »

I post something and everybody pisses off elsewhere.

I see how it is.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

If Glofindel is bad, he's inert. Useless at this stage. He can be left alone for now.

If he's good (somehow), then lynching him is a bad deal.

Someone tell me I'm wrong about this. I'd rather lynch people who have votes that count.

I'm inclined to move my vote. :feb:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Simply by process of elimination, I am feeling more confident that Dom is one of the baddies. If two of Epi, Quin, and LoRab are bad then they've both played excellent games.

Linki: a mislynch still works against us in terms of numbers. I don't know, would we lose if it became 3 vs. 3 if one of the three skags is a useless Cundalini? Mr. Host?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: MAD MAX: Night 4

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:I'm so sorry I missed the lynch vote. I expected to be able to get on this afternoon. But my uncle died today. And, to further complicate life, it's my cousin's Bar Mitzvah this weekend (said uncle's grandson). So, yeah--life is interesting.

I see the lynch as inconclusive. G-Man said earlier that we cannot infer anything from the language of survival and that it won't necessarily be consistent. So...yeah. I don't have any deeper thoughts at the moment.
I'm sorry for your loss

I do not think G-man said we can't infer anything from his posts. I think he said the opposite of that. All he said was that there won't be any major game mechanic reveals in his host posts like there were in Red vs. Blue, the earlier game I was referencing. After that, though, he confirms that there will be some information passed into the thread from these posts:
G-Man wrote:
Sloonei wrote:While we're on the subject of G-man's posts, I want to bump this post for fear that it's going to get buried:
Sloonei wrote:Something to keep in mind in this game will be G-Man's host posts. In his last game, Red vs. Blue, be made it clear that his story posts were not just there for flavor, but that they included real hints about the game and we were able to peace together some key game mechanics by analyzing them. That is something we should be keeping an eye out for in this game as well. I've not caught anything yet but if anyone else comes up with anything, shout it out.
Red vs. Blue was unique in that it was a closed setup. That allowed me to reference the secret mechanics that only certain roles knew about. In this game, all relevant mechanics are laid bare and there are no secret components to any roles. Night posts are more about flavor now than they were for RvB but there is some info to be gleaned from them. Probably not as much as you're speculating but there are and will be a few nuggets.
And I think the two failed lynches we've just seen reflect exactly that. INH's failed lynch featured a narrative about a lawyer entering a courtroom and persuading the jury not to convict him (Exactly what Silvertongue's role would do). Glorfindel's featured a rigged hanging mechanism and a chaotic survival, exactly what you'd expect from a baddie role that survives a lynch. I was confident INH was saved by Silvertongue, and now I am damn near positive that Glorfindel was one of the two survival roles.
I was actually referring to this post:
G-Man wrote:
LoRab wrote:As I've said, we do not know that failed kills/non-lynches are written differently. I also realize we haven't asked the host. So:

@GMan: In this gme, are failed lynches because a player survives the first kill attempt written differently than a lynch being stopped by silvertongue? Similarly, are failed night kills written the same or differently, based on protection, block, or survival of first death attempt?
I reserve the right to be as specific or vague in each lynch and night post as I choose to be.
Which I think does say that we can't really infer anything.

Anyway, I am way too tired and slightly drunk after a night of Bar Mitzvah-ing, to think through much of anything. While I still have personal doubts about Glorf, I think that's fairly irrelevant at this point, because his lynch seems like a done deal. I do think we should be thinking beyond this lynch, though.
I acknowledge this post you are bringing up. Do you acknowledge that one I brought up?
I acknowledge the post you quoted earlier. But I've read that post as more ambiguous as you have all along.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:I don't E gen know what to do. My suspects keep getting NKd
Except for Quin. What do you make of that?
that he might be the one killing htem.
Ask yourself-- is dom sytematically killing all his suspects?
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:SNIPPED
You're clinging to this argument that I'm spreading mistruths about you even though you refuse to tell me the advantage in doing so. I retracted my suspicion after you proved me wrong within 5 minutes - to pretend that I wouldn't think so far ahead is frankly, insulting. I have indeed found reasons to suspect you entirely outside of that. Again, you won't respond to them. How exactly am I making my suspicion up when you're the one refusing to acknowledge every thing I say to you? It reeks.
What have you said to me?
Epignosis wrote:I just thought of something.

Has Glorfindel ever voted for a teammate? I can't recall a time he's ever done that.

So, in looking at the votes, we have MacDougall, no vote, Lorab, INH, indiglo, DrWilgy, Scotty 2.

While that might not be particularly helpful, it does solidify my opinion of Lorab and INH.
If you expand it to people he has voted for, but didn't elave his vote on -- add me to that list.
Epignosis wrote:CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

If Glofindel is bad, he's inert. Useless at this stage. He can be left alone for now.

Someone tell me I'm wrong about this. I'd rather lynch people who have votes that count.

This is a smelly post.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

This is a smelly post.
Go on.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Night 4

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:I'm so sorry I missed the lynch vote. I expected to be able to get on this afternoon. But my uncle died today. And, to further complicate life, it's my cousin's Bar Mitzvah this weekend (said uncle's grandson). So, yeah--life is interesting.

I see the lynch as inconclusive. G-Man said earlier that we cannot infer anything from the language of survival and that it won't necessarily be consistent. So...yeah. I don't have any deeper thoughts at the moment.
I'm sorry for your loss

I do not think G-man said we can't infer anything from his posts. I think he said the opposite of that. All he said was that there won't be any major game mechanic reveals in his host posts like there were in Red vs. Blue, the earlier game I was referencing. After that, though, he confirms that there will be some information passed into the thread from these posts:
G-Man wrote:
Sloonei wrote:While we're on the subject of G-man's posts, I want to bump this post for fear that it's going to get buried:
Sloonei wrote:Something to keep in mind in this game will be G-Man's host posts. In his last game, Red vs. Blue, be made it clear that his story posts were not just there for flavor, but that they included real hints about the game and we were able to peace together some key game mechanics by analyzing them. That is something we should be keeping an eye out for in this game as well. I've not caught anything yet but if anyone else comes up with anything, shout it out.
Red vs. Blue was unique in that it was a closed setup. That allowed me to reference the secret mechanics that only certain roles knew about. In this game, all relevant mechanics are laid bare and there are no secret components to any roles. Night posts are more about flavor now than they were for RvB but there is some info to be gleaned from them. Probably not as much as you're speculating but there are and will be a few nuggets.
And I think the two failed lynches we've just seen reflect exactly that. INH's failed lynch featured a narrative about a lawyer entering a courtroom and persuading the jury not to convict him (Exactly what Silvertongue's role would do). Glorfindel's featured a rigged hanging mechanism and a chaotic survival, exactly what you'd expect from a baddie role that survives a lynch. I was confident INH was saved by Silvertongue, and now I am damn near positive that Glorfindel was one of the two survival roles.
I was actually referring to this post:
G-Man wrote:
LoRab wrote:As I've said, we do not know that failed kills/non-lynches are written differently. I also realize we haven't asked the host. So:

@GMan: In this gme, are failed lynches because a player survives the first kill attempt written differently than a lynch being stopped by silvertongue? Similarly, are failed night kills written the same or differently, based on protection, block, or survival of first death attempt?
I reserve the right to be as specific or vague in each lynch and night post as I choose to be.
Which I think does say that we can't really infer anything.

Anyway, I am way too tired and slightly drunk after a night of Bar Mitzvah-ing, to think through much of anything. While I still have personal doubts about Glorf, I think that's fairly irrelevant at this point, because his lynch seems like a done deal. I do think we should be thinking beyond this lynch, though.
I acknowledge this post you are bringing up. Do you acknowledge that one I brought up?
I acknowledge the post you quoted earlier. But I've read that post as more ambiguous as you have all along.
What is ambiguous about the statement "there is some info to be gleaned from them"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote:Simply by process of elimination, I am feeling more confident that Dom is one of the baddies. If two of Epi, Quin, and LoRab are bad then they've both played excellent games.

Linki: a mislynch still works against us in terms of numbers. I don't know, would we lose if it became 3 vs. 3 if one of the three skags is a useless Cundalini? Mr. Host?
Baddie strength in numbers wins this game if said numbers can tie or win all remaining lynch polls.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Simply by process of elimination, I am feeling more confident that Dom is one of the baddies. If two of Epi, Quin, and LoRab are bad then they've both played excellent games.

Baddie strength in numbers wins this game if said numbers can tie or win all remaining lynch polls.
I am interpreting this to mean that we don't necessarily need to lynch Cundalini/Glorfindel right now. I would still like to, but I am open to any objections. Regardless, it's most prudent to continue sussing out who his teammates are. I apologize for not being more involved today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote:
G-Man wrote:

I am interpreting this to mean that we don't necessarily need to lynch Cundalini/Glorfindel right now. I would still like to, but I am open to any objections. Regardless, it's most prudent to continue sussing out who his teammates are. I apologize for not being more involved today.
:shifty:

:feb:

:ninja:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

This is a smelly post.
Go on.
"Let's lynch someone who isn't my teammate!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

This is a smelly post.
Go on.
Who is my teammate Dom?

Answer that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who would we lynch if we took Glorfindel off the table?
My vote would be for Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Voting Dom.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sure, me too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Show me that you've even considered Dom as a townie. I don't think you have. Either of you.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Show me that you've even considered Dom as a townie. I don't think you have. Either of you.
I don't have time for that. If you want me to consider all angles, it isn't happening.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Show me that you've even considered Dom as a townie. I don't think you have. Either of you.
No.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei

Literally no reason to dismiss the confirmed townie.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei

Yes there is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

When have my changeable votes before the deadline ever meant anything?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei

Yes there is.
Name it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:When have my changeable votes before the deadline ever meant anything?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Meh. It's Day 8. The answers are probably already in this thread somewhere.

Do your thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I need Dom to be here for my vote to matter. Dom, get in here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Meh. It's Day 8. The answers are probably already in this thread somewhere.

Do your thing.
is your vote gonna linger on me for any other reason?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

This is a smelly post.
Go on.
Who is my teammate Dom?

Answer that.
I haven't thought it through, but I don't like this post.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:I need Dom to be here for my vote to matter. Dom, get in here.
I'm here, but i'm not here to have long, indepth conversations.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Meh. It's Day 8. The answers are probably already in this thread somewhere.

Do your thing.
I might leave it there until I see evidence you're truly invested in figuring out which of your town reads is bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Earlier you accused Quin of doing something like "finding reasons to suspect you" rather than actually trying to read you honestly. Feel free to correct any part of that that's misspoken. I noticed it because that's exactly the impression I got from you on Day 6 toward both Quin and myself. Looking back on it, it looked like you were treating both of as adversaries and I caught no intent to to even try to assess us as townies. Do you think that's a fair assessment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Do your thing.
I might leave it there until I see evidence you're truly invested in figuring out which of your town reads is bad.
Do you think Quin and Dom are compatible baddies?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Do you think Quin and Dom are compatible baddies?
Based on the last couple days? Sure. Mass distancing would be necessary. There might be other information earlier in the game that'd change that though. I wish I had time to look.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Earlier you accused Quin of doing something like "finding reasons to suspect you" rather than actually trying to read you honestly. Feel free to correct any part of that that's misspoken. I noticed it because that's exactly the impression I got from you on Day 6 toward both Quin and myself. Looking back on it, it looked like you were treating both of as adversaries and I caught no intent to to even try to assess us as townies. Do you think that's a fair assessment?
For Day Six-- sure. I aws thinking unclearly and felt very attacked. However, since, I have backed off my suspicion of you and reassessed.
On Quin-- I think if Glorf flips bad, he looks pretty bad for avoiding voting for him for days.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I'm reading into both Dom's and MP's interactions with each other right now. Up until the point where he suggests he's being buddied, I can understand his suspicion, but I don't think I agree with it anyway. True, MP doesn't really indicate his feelings about Dom before the list and they barely have any associations anyway, but Dom's taking that neutrality and tried to twist it so much it just looks like tunneling to me. I'd like to have a condensed version of your full case against MP, Dom.
Quin wrote:Arguably something that looks good for MP is the reads he's made after Dom's accusation of buddying him and taking the cards that are convenient for him as opposed to for the town. I would expect a baddie in that situation to distance himself from Dom by making reads independent from Dom's train of thought. MP isn't doing that, I'm seeing legitimate attempts to read the people in his posts that show he's not trying to avoid that scrutiny. I think this interaction with Dom is civ-on-civ.
Quin's first mention of Dom is a joint read for Dom's interaction with MP. Comes out of it with an early civ lean on Dom.

GTH good on Night 3
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Epi, who you gonna vote for now that Mr Mac is dead?

Quin, who's your supposed 3 person scum team?
Glorfindel, Dom and Wilgy.

Mac didn't like the first two very much. I'm partial to your argument against Wilgy. They all need ISO's.

What's yours?
This is where Quin's suspicion of Dom started, with a mistaken read of Mac's read of Dom. Dom corrected him and Quin apparently acknowledges his mistake.

Quin's read then develops from Dom's Day 6 behavior (I had the same reaction, so my bias is to believe this as sincere) in a series of posts. I don't find this unbelievable again. I can see the apparent contradiction Quin is pointing out here. And since then they have been perpetually at each other's throats.

This is not about Dom, but it's a little episode I found in Quin's post history mid-Dom tirade that I think reflects well on Quin:
Quin wrote:In reading Dom's posts this interaction with LoRab stands out to me:
Dom wrote:
LoRab wrote: My other suspicions are more amorphous: the low posters because they don't give us anything to go on. I keep getting pings from Dom, but he has also said things that feel civ to me--but he's on my list of considerations.
Which is so unsubstantial I don't even know how you'd like me to respond.

This post is a shitstorm. You do the following things in it:
1) Make no direct accusation. Let others do that for you.
2) Imply malintent on my part by using relatively *neutral* words like curious, but pairing it with an ellipses.
3) Not even have anything really to respond to.
This fits the narrative that LoRab is being overly cautious in giving out baddie reads. Whether it's just the way she plays or not, at the very least it makes me want to look at her more closely.
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am pinged by LoRab's decision not to offer a read on anything.
I don't have any strong opinions. I think the pissing contest has drawn a neutral read. I think JJJ is vaguely pingy. I don't have other thoughts. And, seriously, I have just gotten through one of the most challenging weeks of my life. There are maybe 2 other times in my life that I've been as emotionally exhausted as I am right now. I don't particularly want to go into more detail, but I will if I need to. Those that are friends with me on fb can attest to the fact that I'm having a really, really crappy week. And those that have been playing with me for nearly a decade know that I don't play the emotion card except when I'm really in a bad place.

Processing mafia reads is using a really minimal level of brain wavelength because that's all I have to give right now. If that makes me suspicious, so be it.
LoRab's 'I won't pretend to have greater suspicions than I actually have' defence is consistent, addressing her lack of reads on Day 1. I don't think there is anything suspicious in her 'reserved' approach to the game.
This comes at a time when Quin could be blindly going after Dom with all his force. But in the middle of doing that, something about another unrelated player (LoRab) catches his eye and he follows up on it. His conclusion is that the things she's said about herself are backed up by her play in this game, and so it is not suspicious. Then he goes back to Dom. It suggests he was actively reading and thinking about suspicions at this time, whether they're about his primary candidate or not.
This all changes if LoRab is bad, as then it can look like an elaborate attempt to defend her.

I've come out of this feeling like Quin looks good again. I want to suspect him in this game but I can't. Tentatively leaving him as a town read for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
For Day Six-- sure. I aws thinking unclearly and felt very attacked. However, since, I have backed off my suspicion of you and reassessed.
On Quin-- I think if Glorf flips bad, he looks pretty bad for avoiding voting for him for days.
I just reviewed the way Quin's case developed on you and, from my perspective, it looked very natural and not at all as you've been describing it. Would you still say that that factors into your scum read on him? Why/why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also, Dom, what do you have to say to the theory that Glorfindel is Cundalini, and that he is the role the scum team would be least hesitant to bus? Why would Quin avoid lynching a scum partner he has absolutely no reason not to bus?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
I just reviewed the way Quin's case developed on you and, from my perspective, it looked very natural and not at all as you've been describing it. Would you still say that that factors into your scum read on him? Why/why not?
I really don't know at all at this point.
Sloonei wrote:Also, Dom, what do you have to say to the theory that Glorfindel is Cundalini, and that he is the role the scum team would be least hesitant to bus? Why would Quin avoid lynching a scum partner he has absolutely no reason not to bus?
Because he was bussing him before
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This is not an extremely inspiring defense.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

This is a smelly post.
Go on.
Who is my teammate Dom?

Answer that.
I haven't thought it through, but I don't like this post.
Would Glorf-Epi-Quin not be a compatible scum team?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i'm nto extremely insprited to play mafia right now
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:i'm nto extremely insprited to play mafia right now
That is understandable and I can empathize. But there is still a game going on and I need to read you one way or another, and right now I am having a tough time reading you as town. You do not need to passionately defend yourself or anything, but that is where my head is at.

I hope whatever is holding your attention IRL goes well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I guess I'll start this.

:suspish:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Epignosis / a2thezebra and Quin make sensible baddie team mates?

a2thezebra:
a2thezebra wrote:Oooooooh, I can vote for Quin OR sanmateo?

linki - I don't know you tell me.
Being silly because both names were in the poll.

Green on a Night 3 rainbow
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:GTH GO

DOM
QUIN
TOWN
TOWN
GTH town.
a2thezebra wrote:
Quin wrote:Here for an hour, yo. I voted indiglo.

I'm not seeing some of your case, zebra. When you first bring up his rainbow lists you claim that it's suspicious that he's only sorted it into three categories as though there's some sort of strong civ/strong bad quota that he's expected to meet. I think that's a poor case. That was a Day 1 list, too. I can understand why it's not so thorough.

However, I agree that it's odd to suggest that the people he's put at the bottom of his 5-tier list are 'not particularly crazy suspicious'. I'd be more inclined to believe it if he didn't bother adding a strong bad tier.
Regarding the underlined, that's not the whole case??? What???

Why make Day 1 rainbow lists (because that's right he made TWO rainbow lists on Day 1), which are meant to be thorough by definition, if they're not going to be thorough? Why not just list the reads that you feel relatively confident about and leave it at that, rather than trying to appear a thousand times more substantive? Come on.

linki - I'd be much more likely to vote for Scotty than indiglo. indiglo's frustration appears genuine to me, and if she were bad I actually think she would tone down the rage so as not to stand out as much. Scotty seems a bit too chill knowing that he's replaced a highly suspected slot. I have been wrong about him before though. Like earlier in this very game but hey whatever am I right

linki - I'll take my vote off of MP if (and only if) it is to prevent a tie.
Quin didn't seem impressed by Zebra's case against MP. I appreciate the specificity of Quin's assertion. Zebra's pile of question marks kinda makes my eyeball twitch.

~~~

Epignosis:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I still think Lorab is good. That's who I am most confident is a civilian.

3J. :meany:
Does this mean you have your doubts about clearing 3J and INH?
No. It means I'm busting his balls some.

I'll move my vote eventually.
Very softball.

Indicates Quin as the least likely baddie among Sloonei, Dom and Quin

His reasoning is understandable. He didn't dedicate much time to it.

~~~

Quin:

GTH good on Night 3
Quin wrote:Dom's paranoia argument with LoRab could have been an attempt at distancing. I'll look to see how that argument actually developed. I don't have any immediate thoughts about Epi.
Day 7 non-read on Epi.

Calls Epignosis a baddie by PoE on Day 8.

~~~

I think it's possible enough if only for the fact that all three of them seem have paid their counterpart little attention. There's not really that much here. The best look against the idea is probably the Quin/Zebra interaction about the MP case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:i'm nto extremely insprited to play mafia right now
That is understandable and I can empathize. But there is still a game going on and I need to read you one way or another, and right now I am having a tough time reading you as town. You do not need to passionately defend yourself or anything, but that is where my head is at.

I hope whatever is holding your attention IRL goes well.
Thank you.

Is there anything in particular I can post about for you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I guess I'll start this.

:suspish:
sorry. i can't play like that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Epignosis / a2thezebra and LoRab make sensible baddie team mates?

a2thezebra:
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Any thoughts on Elohcin? Bueller?
The only thing I thought was alignment-indicative of the case against her from JJJ was when he mentioned being scummates with her twice and how she knew him to operate differently. I think it's worth noting, but the rest of the case doesn't compel me at all.

I'm also not a fan of the LoRab suspicions and the INH suspicions. I think both of them have been contributing genuinely and I haven't seen any substantive red flags from either of them.

Honestly, every vote besides the Rico ones feels a bit desperate, even for Day 2.
Defensive of LoRab. She was also defensive of Elohcin and Glorfindel.
a2thezebra wrote:With the reasoning behind your suspicion of LoRab in mind, what is your current read of Elohcin?

linki - well shit
This kind of triad-prompting would be kind of WIFOM if they're all bad. Zebra does prefer WIFOM served in gallons though.
a2thezebra wrote:I read Eloh, Glorfindel, and LoRab all as civs.
:p

Green on Night 3 rainbow -- followed soon by a town GTH read

~~~

Epignosis:
Epignosis wrote:The first thing I took away from reading Wilgy is that I think Lorab is good.
Epi was quick to give LoRab this credit based on the idea that she'd have killed Wilgy if she was bad. He has held true to that read since. There's not much else to say.

~~~

LoRab:
LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
LoRab went after Zebra and INH on Night 1 after their mutual suspect Epignosis 1.0 was killed. I think her post is kind of suspicious at face value just in that in makes it look like she chose to kill him.
LoRab wrote:The responses to my first vote were fine from Zebra and made me highly suspect INH. With the second post? I take issue with people who are happy that civs have been killed, so I wanted to point that out and ask about it. That he seems pretty satisfied with the fact that he was happy about a civ death doesn't make me feel better.

That said, my suspicion of INH is much greater. Voting there now. May change. But don't want to forget vote.
She let off of Zebra and stayed on INH, who she has suspected the entire game.
LoRab wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
LoRab wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:LoRab, do you have any suspects at the moment apart from INH?
None strong enough to talk about. Pings here and there. But most folks are reading neutral or civ to me.
Would you care to at least name the weaker ones, even if they're strictly vibe-based?
I have a weak ping from Dom for accusing MP of buttering up (I think Sloonei mentioned this before...someone did...I noticed it, as wel) because of his place on a rainbow list. It struck me as paranoid, and I think Dom's game is more paranoid as baddie than it is as civ.

Elo isn't sitting right. I don't have any good reason for this one, really just gut and tone.

Those are the 2 that keep popping up. There are also a bunch of players that I don't know well enough to know how to read their posts, so there are a lot of question marks on my imaginary spreadsheet.
Answers Zebra's prompt for "weak pings". Kind of softball.
LoRab wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Omoshiroi desu ne?
Is LoRab still bad?
I'm still civ. Thanks for asking.
LoRab wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I was defending you but okay. :disappoint:
I actually got that. My sarcasm was intended for Wilgy. But, as is often the case with drunk posts, that was probably not clear.
Ehhhhhhhh

Dead center green in a Night 3 rainbow -- She later qualified this as a "null" read which was close to the same as her Sloonei read.
LoRab wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:For the record, my MP post stops at the chronological point that it does because after that second rainbow list it's fairly obvious that MP decided that bussing Eloh was the way to go and so from that point until Eloh's lynch he tried to make everyone forget how horrifically waffly he was on her at first.
But there's bussing and there's bussing. When he voted, 14 minutes before lynch end (time of his post), he put Elo ahead of me. I mean, I get throwing teammate under the bus, but that seems like a pretty bold move, when having someone else lynched was a really good possibilty. Why not hold off and vote 13 minutes later and see what happens. Or vote elsewhere. Also, his posts between lynch end and the result post read genuine to me.

I see why you are suspicious of him, but I'm not convinced.
Disagreeing on MP. The last sentence of LoRab's makes me refuse to give her credit.
LoRab wrote:Day 1 Epi is dead. He can't explain himself. Epi 2.0 is someone different entirely. It would be highly unethical and against the rules for him to explain anything.
That she felt the need to say this might mean something.
LoRab wrote:I have some residual suspicion of Epi because I had some vague suspicion of zebra, but I need to look back to remember why. My brain is mushy enough at the moment that I'm not recalling why I had any suspicion there. If I recall, it was more neutral read and therefore not sure if civ than baddie read. So, I guess that's still neutral.

Everyone else is between civ and neutral.
On one hand, the "residual suspicion of Epi" doesn't really line up with her treatment of Zebra. There was no "vague suspicion" she expressed in her posts. On another hand she did call her a neutral read as she qualifies at the end here.

~~~

Conclusion

Do they make sensible team mates? Yeah, I can see it. I actually don't struggle to see it at all. I welcome feedback.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Screw big posts.

Do Quin and LoRab make sensible team mates? There's nothing conclusive to preclude it, but I think nah.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Sloonei and Epignosis make sensible team mates? I like that Sloonei was, at least for a time, willing to abandon his town read on Zebra and attack Epignosis alongside me with real votes. I'll go with nah.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Sloonei and Quin make sensible team mates? This looks pretty good. I'll go with nah.

I'm being very lazy now, I hope it doesn't burn me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Sloonei and LoRab make sensible team mates?

I think it's somewhat plausible. Sloonei tried to lynch her instead of Elohcin, which means Day 3 would have been lose-lose for them anyway if they're all bad. He's eased on that read since and has only barely begun to revisit the suspicion. GTH I say no, but an angle is visible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”