U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 1

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:02 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:01 amIt's literally mathematically provable that it favors the town. Idk what Golden is on about man.
Marmot and I literally mathematically proved this is false. This is why I don't like your townieness, because you seemed to decide this was a fact based on... what exactly? This isn't the puzzle-solving nutella I know.
haha I'm flattered but you do overestimate me. do you realize how totally clueless and passively floundering I've been for the entire Genius game? yes I have puzzle solving skills but I so rarely have the patience or time to put in the effort to do so. anyway my claim about the mathematical advantage was based on a legitimate premise but I didn't really take it far enough in context.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

Colin looks worse too especially since he knows what bad dunya looks like from fairly recently with that abysmal vote on me -_-
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:09 am The numbers cannot account for the contextual benefit of just getting one. Even if it might not seem pertinent numerically, it means everything in terms of generating reads.
^This. This is the point I've decided to care about most now. And it's steering me away from 6 at the moment, I think....
Nothing screws a civilian team more than having no interactions to judge. Gotta get that first one or nothing else matters. At least in this case with two teams we have more chances to get one right either way. I freaking hope. :rolleyes:
but then you go and make a point that favors 6 again. ugh this is hard
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], what u think of Jay? I think he's been bullying me. In the old days, bullying based on race didn't happen. I know he's allergic to cats. He hates me.

Lizzy is a sad kitty.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:46 pm
I agree with this. Not just because of the way she has acted in the debate tonight but I have some concerns about things she did yesterday. I'll clarify more after I finish my catch up.
I look forward to reading more on this.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Spacedaisy »

One of my big beefs here is the difference in how Nutella handled Elo verses how she handled dunya, despite having the exact same reason to start.

Nutella drops in to accuse Eloh in a rather flippant way.
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:57 pm Hot take Eloh is bad kkbye

Nutella objects to Elo's assertion that she always suspects her with no reasons.
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm
She always sees me as bad
That's demonstrably untrue

Nutella explains that she has reasons, she just can't say what they are very easily, and starts easing back off Elo
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm
I have reasons, they're just hard to articulate. I have this problem often, I'm not so good with describing my thought processes. But based on my experience with you in recent games I'm getting a fishy feeling. You do well as a baddie, like you said you have a great track record, whereas you tend to get lynched as a civ. I have some trepidation that's maybe what's happening here and perhaps putting pressure on you early has put you in a bad spot in which you have no choice but to be defensive and that is what tends to lead to your mislynches, but your aura of confidence is making me wary. Maybe I'll look at some recent civ games of yours to compare :shrug:

Then immediately jumps on Colin for liking the argument he has seen against Elo (I need to cross reference if the only case put forth on her at that point was Nutella's kkbye case, but I doubt it since dunya was talking about Elo too). How is Colin liking the cases someone else has put forward worse than her own initial post?
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:08 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm I like the argument I've seen put forth against Elohcin.

[VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
mmmmmm I hate this post!! please elaborate on your thoughts colin
Long Con wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 pm I like the dunya slip accusation. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
on the other side of the coin, i think LC looks town for this actually.

Nutella has demonstrated in the pazst that she knew her old town tells and could emulate them. Specifically being wishy washy. Her backing off Elo looks fake to me.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:19 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm gug i hate being in this situation where the two people i am most likely to vote for are people i will feel reeeealllyy bad for mislynching if they flip civ. I'm hesitant enough about both dunya and eloh that I might just go for marmot since it looks like he's claiming some kind of benefit from it?
Why would you feel more bad about those two in particular?
dunya because when she's civ she is a very valuable one and also because she will inevitably overreact and be extremely upset. eloh because i would like to give her a chance to play a confident civ game since she's been bad a lot lately and just like.... idk if i can articulate this very well but i maybe don't have the best handle on her meta and feel like i would regret jumping headfirst into lynching her d1 without giving her much chance to play and without critically re-evaluating my earlier "hot take" -- this also ties into why I thought Colin's jump onto her as an easy lynch candidate looked sus

She looks like she is soft defending Elo here, and trying to turn it onto Colin. It reminded me of Speedchuck's treatment of Sloonei and Epi in Ancient Greece.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:28 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm I like the argument I've seen put forth against Elohcin.

What’s there to hate about it? Elohcin’s posts ring a little false to me, and while she has some very good excuses, like I said I am wary of the “not reading the thread” thing. It’s not helpful if you’re town and I just saw it help secure a win in AG. I’m not caught up so I may change my vote but let me just say I find it very strange that you put me in the middle of a rainbow list and yet here your vote is on me...
I made the rainbow before I saw that post. Anyway Eloh has been reading, she said that she only skipped day 0 but is doing her best to keep up from the beginning of d1 on. I don't think you really have any other reason and you just jumped on what looked like an easy vote.

Nope, not buying this following one, it looks more like her trying to pose as wishy washy more than it looking like a civ naturally questioning things.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm gug i hate being in this situation where the two people i am most likely to vote for are people i will feel reeeealllyy bad for mislynching if they flip civ. I'm hesitant enough about both dunya and eloh that I might just go for marmot since it looks like he's claiming some kind of benefit from it?

Wishy washy nonsense. Don’t feel bad for mislynching someone who ought to be good enough to avoid it. This post STINKS.
sorry what? that's not what I mean at all. in fact, if I'm afraid to lynch them, then they are succeeding in "being good enough to avoid it." but yes, I am wishy-washy lol

She is tossing her vote on dunya, because she wants to keep elo safe, even though it doesn't matter because Epi is getting lynched... :suspish:
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 pm
Golden wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:39 pm I think more people should be voting dunya my case is ironclad tbh.
ok on it boss. I'd rather dunya have more votes than eloh, even if epi is getting the most as of now

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine

Now let's look at how things went down with nutella and dunya...

Despite an early post to indicate that after FE, she can't trust dunya, she seems to have turned around. Note, this is the second or third. I could buy this being real actually.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm A tendency I noticed in dunya's play both in Fire Emblem and Ancient Greece was to speak in absolute terms how a game is constructed (whether its roles or its mechanics) beyond the knowledge a civilian can have or the confidence a civilian should have. Indeed, she was critical of others who considered theories beyond the obvious truth she promoted -- one born of her unique knowledge given her mafia alignments.

Her early stature in this game given Golden's notion of a character submission inspiring a more probable civilian alignment is a suitable parallel. I actually agree with her logic in base terms -- a Mafia game would be in its most proper form, randomized entirely. Mac himself suggested though that this game may be bastardized or otherwise not entirely balanced. There ought to be some room to consider the less obvious or logical possibilities.
:srsnod:

dunya's tone overall sounds very much like her mafia game so far.

Now THIS post looks like the way Nutella is when she is being wishy washy. And it was followed by two or three posts I won't quote because frankly they were overheated and it got a little personal imo, but what they do illustrate is that when Elo made an accusation that nutella said was "demonstrably false" she handled it with a calm response and it was barely a blip before nutella was slowly showing a change of mind, bit by bit. Whereas when dunya what was basically the same thing, nutella absolutely lost her shit and became very angry and hostile.
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:51 am [long post of bullshit]
you don't know what you're talking about. my meta is not as consistent as you seem to think. you claim to be confident in all these "tells" but I have no idea where you're getting them from and you're wrong. yes, my opinion on you has flip-flopped a couple times already. no, my posts are not fake. also I'm flattered that you think I am "calculated and scheming" but I'm really not. I'm drifting along with no idea of anyone else's alignment and just saying what i think in the moment.

Shes asked why she would feel particularly bad about mislynching dunya and Elo. Gives one line about dunya, which manages to both defend her and simultaneously says she will "inevitably overreact." Then devotes the rest of the paragrah to Elo...
dunya because when she's civ she is a very valuable one and also because she will inevitably overreact and be extremely upset. eloh because i would like to give her a chance to play a confident civ game since she's been bad a lot lately and just like.... idk if i can articulate this very well but i maybe don't have the best handle on her meta and feel like i would regret jumping headfirst into lynching her d1 without giving her much chance to play and without critically re-evaluating my earlier "hot take" -- this also ties into why I thought Colin's jump onto her as an easy lynch candidate looked sus

Then she pretty much comes out and calls dunya scum.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:39 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm if nobody takes me up on that and/or if he doesn't come back to respond in time I will vote for dunya.
Why don’t you vote for who you think is most likely to be scum?
??? what does this even mean? how am I not doing that? I don't have one person who I think is most likely to be scum, but you and dunya are both candidates. if my vote on you is inconsequential to the lynch, and especially if it's going to be between dunya and eloh, I will vote dunya. that's all this meant.

Aaaaand then she voted dunya, to keep elo safe, even though Epi was getting lynched. :confused:
Golden wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:39 pm I think more people should be voting dunya my case is ironclad tbh.
ok on it boss. I'd rather dunya have more votes than eloh, even if epi is getting the most as of now

If the root problem here was that elo was presenting false information regarding nutella suspecting her with no reasons every single game. And dunya was presenting false information regarding nutella's baddie meta, then why did she handle them so differently. And her flip flops on dunya were rarely explained and always emotional. As opposed to her flip flops on Elo always look talked out and like a calm gradual change. There is a stark difference in how she handled them.

And what is up with her response to Colin in the middle of that. I am wondering if she intended to distance and things got a little hotter for Elo than was planned. If you can't tell, I'm calling Elo and nutella scum buddies.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

One of my big beefs here is the difference in how Nutella handled Elo verses how she handled dunya, despite having the exact same reason to start.

Nutella drops in to accuse Eloh in a rather flippant way.
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:57 pm Hot take Eloh is bad kkbye

Nutella objects to Elo's assertion that she always suspects her with no reasons.
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 pm
Elohcin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm
She always sees me as bad
That's demonstrably untrue

Nutella explains that she has reasons, she just can't say what they are very easily, and starts easing back off Elo
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm
I have reasons, they're just hard to articulate. I have this problem often, I'm not so good with describing my thought processes. But based on my experience with you in recent games I'm getting a fishy feeling. You do well as a baddie, like you said you have a great track record, whereas you tend to get lynched as a civ. I have some trepidation that's maybe what's happening here and perhaps putting pressure on you early has put you in a bad spot in which you have no choice but to be defensive and that is what tends to lead to your mislynches, but your aura of confidence is making me wary. Maybe I'll look at some recent civ games of yours to compare :shrug:

Then immediately jumps on Colin for liking the argument he has seen against Elo (I need to cross reference if the only case put forth on her at that point was Nutella's kkbye case, but I doubt it since dunya was talking about Elo too). How is Colin liking the cases someone else has put forward worse than her own initial post?

Long Con wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 pm I like the dunya slip accusation. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
on the other side of the coin, i think LC looks town for this actually.

Nutella has demonstrated in the pazst that she knew her old town tells and could emulate them. Specifically being wishy washy. Her backing off Elo looks fake to me.

She looks like she is soft defending Elo here, and trying to turn it onto Colin. It reminded me of Speedchuck's treatment of Sloonei and Epi in Ancient Greece.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:28 pm

What’s there to hate about it? Elohcin’s posts ring a little false to me, and while she has some very good excuses, like I said I am wary of the “not reading the thread” thing. It’s not helpful if you’re town and I just saw it help secure a win in AG. I’m not caught up so I may change my vote but let me just say I find it very strange that you put me in the middle of a rainbow list and yet here your vote is on me...
I made the rainbow before I saw that post. Anyway Eloh has been reading, she said that she only skipped day 0 but is doing her best to keep up from the beginning of d1 on. I don't think you really have any other reason and you just jumped on what looked like an easy vote.

Nope, not buying this following one, it looks more like her trying to pose as wishy washy more than it looking like a civ naturally questioning things.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Wishy washy nonsense. Don’t feel bad for mislynching someone who ought to be good enough to avoid it. This post STINKS.
sorry what? that's not what I mean at all. in fact, if I'm afraid to lynch them, then they are succeeding in "being good enough to avoid it." but yes, I am wishy-washy lol

She is tossing her vote on dunya, because she wants to keep elo safe, even though it doesn't matter because Epi is getting lynched... :suspish:

Now let's look at how things went down with nutella and dunya...

Despite an early post to indicate that after FE, she can't trust dunya, she seems to have turned around. Note, this is the second or third. I could buy this being real actually.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm A tendency I noticed in dunya's play both in Fire Emblem and Ancient Greece was to speak in absolute terms how a game is constructed (whether its roles or its mechanics) beyond the knowledge a civilian can have or the confidence a civilian should have. Indeed, she was critical of others who considered theories beyond the obvious truth she promoted -- one born of her unique knowledge given her mafia alignments.

Her early stature in this game given Golden's notion of a character submission inspiring a more probable civilian alignment is a suitable parallel. I actually agree with her logic in base terms -- a Mafia game would be in its most proper form, randomized entirely. Mac himself suggested though that this game may be bastardized or otherwise not entirely balanced. There ought to be some room to consider the less obvious or logical possibilities.
:srsnod:

dunya's tone overall sounds very much like her mafia game so far.

Now THIS post looks like the way Nutella is when she is being wishy washy. And it was followed by two or three posts I won't quote because frankly they were overheated and it got a little personal imo, but what they do illustrate is that when Elo made an accusation that nutella said was "demonstrably false" she handled it with a calm response and it was barely a blip before nutella was slowly showing a change of mind, bit by bit. Whereas when dunya what was basically the same thing, nutella absolutely lost her shit and became very angry and hostile.
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:51 am [long post of bullshit]
you don't know what you're talking about. my meta is not as consistent as you seem to think. you claim to be confident in all these "tells" but I have no idea where you're getting them from and you're wrong. yes, my opinion on you has flip-flopped a couple times already. no, my posts are not fake. also I'm flattered that you think I am "calculated and scheming" but I'm really not. I'm drifting along with no idea of anyone else's alignment and just saying what i think in the moment.

Shes asked why she would feel particularly bad about mislynching dunya and Elo. Gives one line about dunya, which manages to both defend her and simultaneously says she will "inevitably overreact." Then devotes the rest of the paragrah to Elo...

Then she pretty much comes out and calls dunya scum.
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:39 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:39 pm if nobody takes me up on that and/or if he doesn't come back to respond in time I will vote for dunya.
Why don’t you vote for who you think is most likely to be scum?
??? what does this even mean? how am I not doing that? I don't have one person who I think is most likely to be scum, but you and dunya are both candidates. if my vote on you is inconsequential to the lynch, and especially if it's going to be between dunya and eloh, I will vote dunya. that's all this meant.

Aaaaand then she voted dunya, to keep elo safe, even though Epi was getting lynched. :confused:

If the root problem here was that elo was presenting false information regarding nutella suspecting her with no reasons every single game. And dunya was presenting false information regarding nutella's baddie meta, then why did she handle them so differently. And her flip flops on dunya were rarely explained and always emotional. As opposed to her flip flops on Elo always look talked out and like a calm gradual change. There is a stark difference in how she handled them.

And what is up with her response to Colin in the middle of that. I am wondering if she intended to distance and things got a little hotter for Elo than was planned. If you can't tell, I'm calling Elo and nutella scum buddies.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 282

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 am
Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:02 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:01 amIt's literally mathematically provable that it favors the town. Idk what Golden is on about man.
Marmot and I literally mathematically proved this is false. This is why I don't like your townieness, because you seemed to decide this was a fact based on... what exactly? This isn't the puzzle-solving nutella I know.
haha I'm flattered but you do overestimate me. do you realize how totally clueless and passively floundering I've been for the entire Genius game? yes I have puzzle solving skills but I so rarely have the patience or time to put in the effort to do so. anyway my claim about the mathematical advantage was based on a legitimate premise but I didn't really take it far enough in context.
Well then you’re bad for not trusting my math brain over whatever joker you listened to :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:o I double posted?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:26 am :o I double posted?
And such a long post too. :disappoint:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

for the love of god can you guys please stop bitching about my posts already! It's not like I fucking meant it to get double posted.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

::deep breaths:: I'm sorry, I'm just feeling frustrated in this game today.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Colin is suspicious for jumping on an easy lynch target based on some case not his own. My initial suspicion of Eloh was completely original. Not comparable at all. I'm going to bed and will answer more tomorrow but I think you are willfully misinterpreting a lot of my posts to fit a preconceived notion. All of my posts about dunya and Eloh have been my genuine thoughts at the time.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:43 am Colin is suspicious for jumping on an easy lynch target based on some case not his own. My initial suspicion of Eloh was completely original. Not comparable at all. I'm going to bed and will answer more tomorrow but I think you are willfully misinterpreting a lot of my posts to fit a preconceived notion. All of my posts about dunya and Eloh have been my genuine thoughts at the time.
Your original thought? "Eloh is bad kkbye"

And Colin is somehow worse for saying, "I agree with the argument for Elo."

I think it's absurd.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I like what Spacedaisy is seeing in nutella, especially since it reflects my thoughts on her post her dramatic, and unpleasant, outburst on me. I like it so much that I've taken liberty in dubbing me and Daisy as case-making braintwins from hereon. Enjoy it, brain-twin. ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

(yea, I was pissed off and jealous Spacedaisy and Golden had a thing and I'm here to shit in Golden's cornflakes :p )
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:15 am Colin looks worse too especially since he knows what bad dunya looks like from fairly recently with that abysmal vote on me -_-
Colin seems night and day from what he was like in Ancient Greece tho
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:15 am Colin looks worse too especially since he knows what bad dunya looks like from fairly recently with that abysmal vote on me -_-
Colin's mafia experience probably exceeds mine tho. when I started playing mafia on RYM, Colin was already a vet. I'll talk more about what I don't like from Colin specifically some point today when my headache subdues. I hate baseless accusations, so I wouldn't vote for someone without giving them a chance to convince me otherwise.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:59 am
Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 am
Colin's mafia experience probably exceeds mine tho. when I started playing mafia on RYM, Colin was already a vet. I'll talk more about what I don't like from Colin specifically some point today when my headache subdues. I hate baseless accusations, so I wouldn't vote for someone without giving them a chance to convince me otherwise.
Dammit, I love baseless accusations.

DDL is bad!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Actually that's not true.

I love making an allegation without articulating it's basis. That's a different thing.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:59 am DDL is bad!
tru

this is tru.

true is spelled with an e tho, so is it tru?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:00 am Actually that's not true.

I love making an allegation without articulating it's basis. That's a different thing.
I do this too, but it gets me in trouble. I don't care when I'm town, since a gut feeling is a gut feeling and I'm feeling it till I'm convinced otherwise.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't care about spelling, you'll have to ask Epi Blackmon.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't know why daisy is still on option 6. That is not very brain-twinnish.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

thread needs moar TH and Marmot imo

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 am I don't know why daisy is still on option 6. That is not very brain-twinnish.
look [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention], what kind of braintwin is this guy? he's not appreciative of what you once shared. Pick me! Pick me!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

here's my new list of TOWN, MEH, and SCUM

TOWN:
dunya
Epignosis
Golden
juliets
Kenway / Sloonei (i called it)
Kites
Kylemii
lapluie
Marmot
motel room
Scotty
sig
Spacedaisy
speedchuck
Turnip Head
Wolbre04

MEH
colonialbob - i lingered, between town and meh
insertnamehere - i lingered, between scum and meh.
Jackofhearts2005 - i lingered, between town and meh, but what has Jack even done?
JaggedJimmyJay - i'm lingering. the frustrated tone gives me a civ lean, but his tunelling of me meh
Long Con - i lingered, between scum and meh. don't like his sudden belief in the scumslip theory as an excuse to vote me without trying.
Quin - i lingered, between scum and meh
sprityo - i lingered, between town and meh
Zephyrus - i lingered, between meh and meh, come on dude.

SCUM
ColinIsCool
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Lilefer
Lunalee
novaselinenever
nutella

I did not pause at all on anyone in my scum and town piles. I feel good about this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con is town
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Having said that, GoC gives me pause.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:19 am Long Con is town
I know your biased and twisted brain will say that. when I flip civ, an egg on your face, kind sir!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 am
I know your biased and twisted brain will say that. when I flip civ, an egg on your face, kind sir!
Who said I think your bad?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Post by sig »

Wow 3 lynches for tomorrow is winning i voted that outta shits and giggles lynching that mnay people probably isn't a good idea espacilly since we can get super small margins.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:26 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 am
Who said I think your bad?
oh brutha. oh brutha help me. SOMEONE CALL THE MEDICS cos I'm definitely about to have a seizure. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

actually, my read on Scotty being town is wavering a bit. I hope it's due to weekend business but, at further investigation, something feels amiss in his contributions from his play in Ancient Greece. So you're really hanging by a thin line there, Scotty.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

people arguing statistics and how likely it is we'll vote for scum if we lynch 3 people...how about how likely it is the randomizer will put at least 1 or 2 scum in the pool of 8 for us. we are 30 players, we need some focus in our discussions and need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too. I am sticking with option 2.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Actually I'm cool with 3 lynches we can knock out suspects and very low posters/inactives.

I don't like option 2 at all, what's to stop us randomly getting 8 civs or 8 good town reads. Seems very counterproductive to our chances.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

If we assume 10 mafia, which seems a bit high? It's 20/10 and since i sucked at statistics that means the best answer is to bubble C into your scantron unless C is above or below than go one to the right if above or one to the left is below. So therefore my answer on this subject is C god willing the poll is curved for the mathematically challenged.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:14 am Actually I'm cool with 3 lynches we can knock out suspects and very low posters/inactives.

I don't like option 2 at all, what's to stop us randomly getting 8 civs or 8 good town reads. Seems very counterproductive to our chances.
even if we do, which is pretty unlikely, we lynch one civ and have a focused discussion on 8 people who may or may not otherwise be under any pressure.

if we do option 6, we have the chance of lynching 3 civs.

i mean, i'm dyslexic when it comes to numbers, but i'm good at math.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

there isn't any very low posters tbh except Zeph and sprityo maybe. everyone's been contributing which is really nice to see. The mod already said inactives will be modkilled, so why waste our time on them? Kenway didn't show up and was promptly replaced by Sloonei.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the unchangeable vote thing is bad. when we had those in RYM they were always pro-mafia tbh.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 16

Post by novaselinenever »

dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 am people arguing statistics and how likely it is we'll vote for scum if we lynch 3 people...how about how likely it is the randomizer will put at least 1 or 2 scum in the pool of 8 for us. we are 30 players, we need some focus in our discussions and need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too. I am sticking with option 2.
This is such a weak argument. The probability of the first one is much higher. And it's not only about the probability of lynching scum or not. With 3 lynches, you get 2 additional flips in one phase. That is great.

What do you mean by " we need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too"? Aren't you capable of doing that while having the possibility of lynching 3 of them?

> Focus in our discussions

What does this even mean? This is bullshit. Yes, we are 30 players but just because we have 8 players on the lynch platform, doesn't mean we should spend the time talking only about them. That is a waste of a phase.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 16

Post by novaselinenever »

dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 am there isn't any very low posters tbh except Zeph and sprityo maybe. everyone's been contributing which is really nice to see. The mod already said inactives will be modkilled, so why waste our time on them? Kenway didn't show up and was promptly replaced by Sloonei.
Why do you think that with the option #6 the lynches are going to be directed at inactives? Don't do already feel good about your baddie list, so why not vote for #6 and push a lynch on 3 amongst those?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:39 am actually, my read on Scotty being town is wavering a bit. I hope it's due to weekend business but, at further investigation, something feels amiss in his contributions from his play in Ancient Greece. So you're really hanging by a thin line there, Scotty.
I always read scotty is town but something is definitely amiss here. He has a certain edge to him. I’m not sure it’s because he’s bad, I can’t quite tell, but he’s definitely one to watch.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am This is such a weak argument. The probability of the first one is much higher. And it's not only about the probability of lynching scum or not. With 3 lynches, you get 2 additional flips in one phase. That is great.
no it's not. it's the same reason why a 24/24 game favors mafia imo.

the greatest power town has is time. ya'll might be bored and thinking you want this game over already, but people become easier to read as the game goes on. having 3 independent lynches brings us a lot closer and a lot more info than 3 lynches at the same time on day 2.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am What do you mean by " we need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too"? Aren't you capable of doing that while having the possibility of lynching 3 of them?
yes, but when everyone is a lynching option, focus is scattered between 30 possibilities.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am > Focus in our discussions

What does this even mean? This is bullshit. Yes, we are 30 players but just because we have 8 players on the lynch platform, doesn't mean we should spend the time talking only about them. That is a waste of a phase.
I didn't say we should "only talk about them" -- you're "projecting" and according to my trusty friends, that's a scumtell. :meany:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 am there isn't any very low posters tbh except Zeph and sprityo maybe. everyone's been contributing which is really nice to see. The mod already said inactives will be modkilled, so why waste our time on them? Kenway didn't show up and was promptly replaced by Sloonei.
Why do you think that with the option #6 the lynches are going to be directed at inactives? Don't do already feel good about your baddie list, so why not vote for #6 and push a lynch on 3 amongst those?
read above; that was in reply to sig.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nova is bad.

Let’s see who the next person is to jump on option 6 with a good-seeming argument that is actually bad.

I’m telling you guys, option 6 is a honey trap.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It is a scum tell dunya, glad you’re catching on! :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If I should die tonight that should be my legacy - option 6 is a honey trap. I’d hope people don’t forget it because it’s true.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

It's funny Jay said he doesn't want to do any leading in this game...yet look where he's led us and backed off. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

try harder not to lead jay, kthxbai

Return to “Previous Jobs”