U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
Zephyrus
Posts in topic: 27

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 2

Post by Zephyrus »

nutella wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:24 pm
Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:55 pm If he was an important role, like scum or a town role,
What

Please explain what this means
What issue do you have with it?
I know how Lochlan plays, and I know that if he played scum or a town role (with a significant ability), he'd be more active.
Do you have reason to believe not all town roles in this game have "significant" abilities?
Perhaps. I don't know what roles are out there. But maybe, if he got a role that couldn't do much and he's busy, he'd be less likely to devote as much time as he might've if he'd got a role with abilities that can be helpful to town winning.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:45 pm Do y'all catch my drift here? Zeph is implying not all town roles are significant. He implied he thinks there are vanilla townies, unless he has a much higher bar for significance than I'm used to PR has a shitty role, or he is bad.

Or there are vanilla ish roles but I highly doubt that.
:confused:
If by drift, you mean Tokyo drift, then no.

If by drift, you mean the crux of the “slip”, then no.

Mac’s already said there aren’t vanilla roles, so this just seems like a miscommunication on lesser roles. :shrug:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or maybe I’m just a dumb dog

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Scotty[/mention]

colonialbob translator:

BINARY 0 (numbered this way because I missed it the first time, shut up)

No

BINARY 1

Man almost everybody who was fun is gone now. TH, you've got a big burden to carry.

I'm going to [VOTE: DDL] aubergine because I remember wanting to do this yesterday. Investigation to follow.

BINARY 2

[Mention]kylemii[/mention] I said almost.

BINARY 3

>survivor
>wincon is freeing civs

Does not compute

BINARY 4

It's more of a game theory thing. Survivors claiming early is anti-town behaviour, so town has to be willing to punish it to discourage it.

BINARY 5

Well, he should be able to prove his claim, right? By bringing back the disappeared person.

BINARY 6

Sure, I'm just saying the argument for lynching survivors when they claim early is a game theory type argument (policy lynch being another form of that). Obviously you can have a different opinion on how to treat survivors.

BINARY 7

Aside: boy, my ISO is gonna be super fun when there's pages of just 1s and 0s in the middle of it.

BINARY 8

I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up
I'm not gon' stop
I'm gon' work harder
I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it
I will survive
Keep on survivin'

BINARY 9

I think it's well within the realm of possibility. In fact I share your reservations about creating a role that just stops another role.

Perhaps it's a Joker/Batman type thing where he picks one out of the two to save?

BINARY 10

Policy lynch JJJ

BINARY 11

I haven't got around to changing my vote yet. It's hard for me to investigate much at work, and nobody else has jumped out at me so far. I will dig deeper this evening.

BINARY 12

Time Out: population DDL

BINARY 13

Yeah can confirm this is how I'd expect Jack to treat Dell's claim. It's naturally civ but is also an easily fakeable mafia move so I think it's NAI.

BINARY 14

So I'm going to [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine. Somebody tell me why. Assuming anybody actually reads this...

I wonder if Mac is even reading these? Like, could I insult him without getting put into time out? Not that I'd do that, this game is the bees knees (except for boobquest ending so early :rip: )

BINARY 15

Self Portrait
JaggedJimmyJay, 2018
Electronic type on BBCode

You could never figure out how to properly fold a napkin.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm
Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:55 pm If he was an important role, like scum or a town role,
What

I know how Lochlan plays, and I know that if he played scum or a town role (with a significant ability), he'd be more active.
Do you have reason to believe not all town roles in this game have "significant" abilities?
Perhaps. I don't know what roles are out there. But maybe, if he got a role that couldn't do much and he's busy, he'd be less likely to devote as much time as he might've if he'd got a role with abilities that can be helpful to town winning.
K. So you meant he probably has a boring role he doesn't care much about. But you phrased it poorly.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:45 pm Do y'all catch my drift here? Zeph is implying not all town roles are significant. He implied he thinks there are vanilla townies, unless he has a much higher bar for significance than I'm used to PR has a shitty role, or he is bad.

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:10 pm
U-Pick Mafia Volume 1
Welcome to U-Pick Mafia. Let's all have a great time and be nice to the host. Here's a sweet pic.

Rules:

1. Mostly standard TS rules with the additions of the below.
2. No roles are announced in this here post. People will claim them and what have you but I ain't confirming nuttin.
3. You are privy to the factions that are in this here game, but not their win cons.
4. Just play the game. Don't play out think the mod. I will mod-kill you.
5. If you are mod-killed just get out. Don't be a douche.
6. This is a meme game. Play it as such. I expect glorious quotes and many fun moments. That is the spirit of this game.
7. There are no vanillas. There are roles that can become vanilla and/or are passive but nobody starts pure nilla.
8. If anything is ambiguous just ask me and I will answer. It probably just means I haven't thought of it.
9. This is a bastard game. Don't get all upset when weird shit happens.
10. I will reveal the roles and alignments of the deceased. Most of the time.
11. It's okay to be a dick in this game but if you hurt someones feelings I will mod-kill you probably. Unless I don't.
12. If you don't contribute much I will mod-kill you probably.
13. My host posts gonna look like dis
14. We got the 48/24 thing happening.
15. I live in Australia so you might get some whack timezone situation you may just need to deal.
16. Pretty sure MP is the facilitator in this game. Given this is his site you best not piss him off.

FAQ:

Did you randomise the alignments?

Yes. In this game the players pre-selected their character, not their alignment or role. 100% of alignments were selected based on randomisation. No single player was specifically selected to a certain alignment. The roles were designed based on three factors: enjoyment of the player, flavour of the character and the alignment they rolled.

Factions:

In this game we have two scum teams, some rogues and some civs. I'm not gonna say how many of each or whatever. The faction names are:

Al-Pieda (Scum)
ISIS Cream (Scum)
Absolute Units (Civilian)
Civilians
Self-Aligned

Civ Role Card = You're just a civ. Do civ things.

Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 282

Post by Golden »

Lunalee wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm

U-Pick Mafia Volume 1
Welcome to U-Pick Mafia. Let's all have a great time and be nice to the host. Here's a sweet pic.

Rules:

2. No roles are announced in this here post. People will claim them and what have you but I ain't confirming nuttin.
3. You are privy to the factions that are in this here game, but not their win cons.
6. This is a meme game. Play it as such. I expect glorious quotes and many fun moments. That is the spirit of this game.
7. There are no vanillas. There are roles that can become vanilla and/or are passive but nobody starts pure nilla.
8. If anything is ambiguous just ask me and I will answer. It probably just means I haven't thought of it.
11. It's okay to be a dick in this game but if you hurt someones feelings I will mod-kill you probably. Unless I don't.
15. I live in Australia so you might get some whack timezone situation you may just need to deal.
16. Pretty sure MP is the facilitator in this game. Given this is his site you best not piss him off.

FAQ:

Yes. In this game the players pre-selected their character, not their alignment or role. 100% of alignments were selected based on randomisation. No single player was specifically selected to a certain alignment. The roles were designed based on three factors: enjoyment of the player, flavour of the character and the alignment they rolled.

Factions:

In this game we have two scum teams, some rogues and some civs. I'm not gonna say how many of each or whatever. The faction names are:

Al-Pieda (Scum)
ISIS Cream (Scum)
Civilians
Self-Aligned

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Zephyrus
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Zephyrus »

nutella wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm
What

K. So you meant he probably has a boring role he doesn't care much about. But you phrased it poorly.
That probably would've been a better choice of words, yes.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 pm @Scotty

colonialbob translator:

BINARY 0 (numbered this way because I missed it the first time, shut up)

No

BINARY 1

Man almost everybody who was fun is gone now. TH, you've got a big burden to carry.

I'm going to [VOTE: DDL] aubergine because I remember wanting to do this yesterday. Investigation to follow.

BINARY 2

@kylemii I said almost.

BINARY 3

>survivor
>wincon is freeing civs

Does not compute

BINARY 4

It's more of a game theory thing. Survivors claiming early is anti-town behaviour, so town has to be willing to punish it to discourage it.

BINARY 5

Well, he should be able to prove his claim, right? By bringing back the disappeared person.

BINARY 6

Sure, I'm just saying the argument for lynching survivors when they claim early is a game theory type argument (policy lynch being another form of that). Obviously you can have a different opinion on how to treat survivors.

BINARY 7

Aside: boy, my ISO is gonna be super fun when there's pages of just 1s and 0s in the middle of it.

BINARY 8

I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up
I'm not gon' stop
I'm gon' work harder
I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it
I will survive
Keep on survivin'

BINARY 9

I think it's well within the realm of possibility. In fact I share your reservations about creating a role that just stops another role.

Perhaps it's a Joker/Batman type thing where he picks one out of the two to save?

BINARY 10

Policy lynch JJJ

BINARY 11

I haven't got around to changing my vote yet. It's hard for me to investigate much at work, and nobody else has jumped out at me so far. I will dig deeper this evening.

BINARY 12

BINARY 13

Yeah can confirm this is how I'd expect Jack to treat Dell's claim. It's naturally civ but is also an easily fakeable mafia move so I think it's NAI.

BINARY 14

So I'm going to [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine. Somebody tell me why. Assuming anybody actually reads this...

I wonder if Mac is even reading these? Like, could I insult him without getting put into time out? Not that I'd do that, this game is the bees knees (except for boobquest ending so early :rip: )

BINARY 15

Self Portrait
JaggedJimmyJay, 2018

You could never figure out how to properly fold a napkin.
You are my hero

I don’t like this curse

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention]

Not all roles are created equal. Why does a role have to be vanilla to be boring or crappy? Hell, some roles are negative (miller, beloved princess, etc). I don't understand how this was a slip even given your initial interpretation. If Zephyrus believes there are vanilla roles (accurate or not), what does that reveal about them that shouldn't be there in a civilian head?

Your pick and roll game is really subpar too.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sure but if Zeph is bad and didn't remember that it was specified he could think otherwise especially if he is used to games like that.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 pm

U-Pick Mafia Volume 1

Rules:

FAQ:

Factions:

Al-Pieda (Scum)
ISIS Cream (Scum)
Civilians
Self-Aligned

This curse is funny tho

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Linki: Jaggedjimmyjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :fist: Whatever. Mine has important context.

I give you, Col Robert.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:47 pm The amount of moronic prattling over your pathetic constitution last night sickens me.

Are you mongrels not supposed to be finding the mafia? Congratulations. You’ve prevented the most obvious sacrifices from being lynched. Do you despair at your mistake? Does it cause you to weep?
No

Kyle wrote:wow rude. im fun and I'm still here :\
[Mention]kylemii[/mention] I said almost.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:42 am
Long Con wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:14 pm I'm claiming now because from experience civs leave survivors alone 90% of the time. And so does mafia. Both things are important.

Well I need to release a certain number of vanished people in order to win, so if you leave me alone I will do exactly that.
What else can you tell us about the vanishing?
I have no idea what the source of it is. But I know it doesn't affect just civs, because my wincon specifically asks me to release civs. I have to guess correctly which ones among the vanished people are civs. My guess is that it's probably another indie doing it.
>survivor
>wincon is freeing civs

Does not compute
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:08 pm Hey guys I'm a survivor role. Don't lynch me.

I also have the ability to bring some of the vanished players back which could be useful to town.
My initial reaction to this is one of concern. This came one literal minute after Colin posted a huge ISO and vote on DDL. I am also being asked to believe that DDL made nearly 100 posts without even knowing what he is playing for.

This is a game which by design encourages tomfoolery and shenanigans -- including silly fake claims, WIFOMs, and why the hell nots. DDL, you are a terrible soccer player.
My plan was to play like a civ on day 1. If I got a civ role, no problem. If I got a baddie, I'd shut up about it and reap the benefits of being legit uninformed for a while.

Well that plan didn't work much, since people started voting menin droves in day 2. But getting a survivor role went against it too. A survivor should claim asap. So I did the most obvious thing and claimed.
A survivor shouldn’t claim ASAP.

The most useful thing most survivors can do for the town is to take a nightkill for them. By claiming early, a survivor removed this possibility and sets up a scenario where the town will take a nightkill for the survivor instead now that the scum knows not to shoot the survivor, which hurts the town.

Additionally, it is known that survivors are scum at mylo and mafia can false claim survivor.

The correct townie response to an early survivor claim (unless the survivor claims something like rezzer) is to lynch the player who claimed survivor.
Why the hell would I want to take a kill for anyone? What part of "survivor" fits with that?

And yeah I could help baddies on lylo. I have no intention of doing that before lylo though. You feel free to decide if I'm worth lynching or not. Normally survivors don't get lynched if they claim early because they are considerably less valuable lynches than mafia. Plus I'm giving people free candy.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:23 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:08 pm Hey guys I'm a survivor role. Don't lynch me.

I also have the ability to bring some of the vanished players back which could be useful to town.
My initial reaction to this is one of concern. This came one literal minute after Colin posted a huge ISO and vote on DDL. I am also being asked to believe that DDL made nearly 100 posts without even knowing what he is playing for.

This is a game which by design encourages tomfoolery and shenanigans -- including silly fake claims, WIFOMs, and why the hell nots. DDL, you are a terrible soccer player.
My plan was to play like a civ on day 1. If I got a civ role, no problem. If I got a baddie, I'd shut up about it and reap the benefits of being legit uninformed for a while.

Well that plan didn't work much, since people started voting menin droves in day 2. But getting a survivor role went against it too. A survivor should claim asap. So I did the most obvious thing and claimed.
A survivor shouldn’t claim ASAP.

The most useful thing most survivors can do for the town is to take a nightkill for them. By claiming early, a survivor removed this possibility and sets up a scenario where the town will take a nightkill for the survivor instead now that the scum knows not to shoot the survivor, which hurts the town.

Additionally, it is known that survivors are scum at mylo and mafia can false claim survivor.

The correct townie response to an early survivor claim (unless the survivor claims something like rezzer) is to lynch the player who claimed survivor.
Why the hell would I want to take a kill for anyone? What part of "survivor" fits with that?

And yeah I could help baddies on lylo. I have no intention of doing that before lylo though. You feel free to decide if I'm worth lynching or not. Normally survivors don't get lynched if they claim early because they are considerably less valuable lynches than mafia. Plus I'm giving people free candy.
How do I know you’re not scum just lying about your claim?

The only thing you’ve done all game is put townies in front of you to take nks in your place or lied. You don’t actually benefit from catching baddies whether you are telling the truth or not.

Power aside, why wouldn’t we lynch you? What good is a survivor to the town?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:33 am Cbob:

Funny, in my other forum, a player just got policy lynched for claiming survivor on day 2 when she could have done it on day 1. I guess your game theory is debatable.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 am Well, I’m a survivor, too, so don’t lynch me cause that will “guarantee” we don’t lynch mafia.
I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up
I'm not gon' stop
I'm gon' work harder
I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it
I will survive
Keep on survivin'
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 am I don’t think any host offhandedly adds a 3p rezzer to the game or a role that only seeks to 100% neuter another role.

What do you think of the idea that DDL is vanishing players and bringing them back?

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am condiments are gross
Policy lynch JJJ
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm @colonialbob

Why are you voting DDL? Didn’t you say you didn’t want him lynched, essentially?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 pm Like I am not happy either by the fact Mac apparently didn't even type the name of my character on Google and instead made a role completely unrelated to her character just so he could balance another role. And actually took a full cycle to get that done.

I wasn't gonna complain about it, but if people are gonna call me scum because they don't think Mac would do that, then yeah I have to say he did.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 pm I may actually need colonialbob to confirm this is my standard “fuck claimed survivors” routine cause Google is failing me for HCRealms.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 pmI would like more words.
Self Portrait
JaggedJimmyJay, 2018
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:08 pm I would have claimed on day 1 if I could but I didnt have a role yet. I just received it.
Lunalee wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm7. There are no vanillas. There are roles that can become vanilla and/or are passive but nobody starts pure nilla.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm nutella

Not all roles are created equal. Why does a role have to be vanilla to be boring or crappy? Hell, some roles are negative (miller, beloved princess, etc). I don't understand how this was a slip even given your initial interpretation. If Zephyrus believes there are vanilla roles (accurate or not), what does that reveal about them that shouldn't be there in a civilian head?

Your pick and roll game is really subpar too.
It's the fact that he said "town role." Not "good town role" just a town role at all.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 pm

U-Pick Mafia Volume 1

Rules:

FAQ:

Factions:

Al-Pieda (Scum)
ISIS Cream (Scum)
Civilians
Self-Aligned

This curse is funny tho
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm @Sloonei

1) Why DDL?

2) You cannot recite enough digits of pi to be called "cool".
His roll claim is full of balogna!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:58 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:08 pm I would have claimed on day 1 if I could but I didnt have a role yet. I just received it.
Lunalee wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm7. There are no vanillas. There are roles that can become vanilla and/or are passive but nobody starts pure nilla.
:omg:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 pm

U-Pick Mafia Volume 1

Rules:

FAQ:

Factions:

Al-Pieda (Scum)
ISIS Cream (Scum)
Civilians
Self-Aligned

This curse is funny tho
lol :(

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My role is hilarious and thus probably important by Zeph standards.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm
What

That's what I figured. Since he differentiated "scum" and "town role," it seemed that he was specifically talking "power role."

And whether or not the game is role madness, there will probably be weak roles.

Then again, based on the flips, and on my role (which is yuge, lemme tell ya), we may not have any weak ones.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol "like sex."

Kids these days.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 116

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 1

Post by Lunalee »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 am
nutella wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 pm @Scotty I like your description of Luna's post. In fact I think it can be applied to her whole ISO. Pretty much all of her posts are "dry and unbuttered" as far as I can tell.

Her day 1 posts focus on dunya acting "shady" and particularly in reference to Wolbre and the Boobquest (The Syndicate's hottest new band). The following is utterly empty nonsense:

Lunalee wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:23 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:05 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:33 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:28 pm I've never seen so many players listed in a poll. It's a bit overwhelming. I'm deliberating on whether I should I vote for wolbre before he becomes immortal, or dunya because she's acting super shady, or someone else entirely?
What do you mean acting super shady?
Just the passionate responses, and calling people out. But maybe she's being dunya.
You think a baddie would be more likely to be passionate and call people out?
We're talking about dunya here, so yes.
Like.... what?? Let me recap this exchange
luna: "dunya's acting shady"
ddl: "how so?"
luna: "blah whatever behavior but actually that might just be what dunya is like idk"
ddl: "so that blah whatever behavior is scum behavior?"
luna: "for dunya it is"

?????? am I reading this wrong or did she literally just contradict herself? :confused:

then she makes a weird vote on Jay for one of his callouts on dunya. and she switches her vote to epi so it would matter. whatever this is so blah. nothing from her sounds natural or productive or anything. completely bland to a gross extent. also imo her vote+explanation for option 6 was probably the worst one that I saw, it felt fake and so did her above acceptance of the result/current poll state.

Luna, do you have any reads or anything interesting you can contribute because it seems like the role you are playing is "cardboard with a side of empty space"
I thought this Luna analysis was apt. I'll put a vote on Luna right now. [VOTE: Luna] aubergine
This feels like a lazy vote. Do you have any real suspicions besides "yep, luna is playing badly"?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Golden wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:58 pm
I didn't start vanilla. I started role-less. Vanilla knows if they were civ or bad. I didn't even know that.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:43 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:28 pm
Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:22 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:03 pm
Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:55 pm Normally I'd do lots more writing, but I should probably be more succinct, so here it goes. I had a quick scan and look over everyone who is on the lynch list:
Contrary to what I was initially worried about, Lilefer is less suspicious to me now. If he was an important role, like scum or a town role, he would've been active, even if he was busy. But I still want to see more if he can.
Jackofhearts2005 isn't really at the top of my list, although him trying to get a rise out of people is a bit scummy to me.
Kylemii is probably my favourite for town. He seems very towny and I can't find anything that really screams scum to me.
No fucking clue for Spirityo - he's a bop it!, I guess, which aren't really open books.
JaggedJimmyJay seems fine to me - nothing glaringly obvious to me as I looked over. Perhaps I'll do a more in depth look later on.

Dragon D. Luffy's lynch seems silly to me. He's claimed a role, which, if he is telling the truth, can be proved if he rescues the people he says he can. If they aren't rescued, then we know who to kill. If they are rescued, whoever pushed for this lynch is dirty scum. As such, Lunalee and ColinIsCool are the people I'm most suspicous of (who can be lynched) - plus maybe Jackofhearts2005 for contributing to this doubt on DDL. I personally think Lunalee is more suspicous than ColinIsCool so....

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
There are so many hedges here you’d think we werecat the International Topiary Championships.

Your suspicion of me — what’s it derived from?

Honestly, I can't get a read on you. I just don't like the DDL lynch - it seems shady. You are on it, therefore I think you are slightly suspicious. I'll happily reassess you if me thinking you are suspicious is making you uncomfortable.
I’m comfortable being suspected, but I dislike no rationale, and I dislike that rationale. I made a case against DDL before he claimed, and voted accordingly, so the way you’re portraying my vote as reactive, if I’m reading you right, isn’t correct.
Okay. So, if you made the case against beforehand, surely it might be prudent to start considering another option for your lynch, especially considering the claim he's made.
That’s assuming I buy the case he’s made. Others whom you’ve cleared have voiced doubts about it as well.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:29 pm Could y’all input what Cbob is saying into your response to him into instead of just responding to his questions? Phone poster here, and all I get is underlined number that requests me call on my phone. I’m not doing that shit manually
00111000 00110110 00110111 00101101 00110101 00110011 00110000 00111001
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:08 pm I didn't start vanilla. I started role-less. Vanilla knows if they were civ or bad. I didn't even know that.
So you entered this game oblivious, weren't in the Day 1 poll, and knew nothing beyond "I am playing in this game"?

How did that develop? Answer to the degree the rules and spirit of the game allow.

And consider buying a new lawnmower. Your lawnmower sucks.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] It's pretty lazy. I'm trying to do more, but my day is filled with many things. Here's what I have on Kyle so far:
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 am @Lilefer @motel room @Zephyrus

who are you, tell me about your lives
Will you give me beetroot when I target you tonight?
I don't think I have any? does your target need to be like.... "The guy who had beetroot" or can anyone give you what you need
Quin died last night; could have been a result of targeting Kylemii. That could be a role of any alignment for Kyle though.
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 pm dunya is scum.
Jay is scum.
Speedchuck is scum but I’m not going to attempt to lynch him until Day 5. :haha:
I can't believe Jack is bussing Speedchuck again :\
This is the first real dip of his toe into the game. Fun, I suppose, but is it fun that cloaks a more serious intention? Maybe!
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm a couple thoughts

1. I've been townreading dunya thus far because of her eagerness in jumping into the game, but I'm interested in seeing how this episode of "jay and dunya fight each other on day 0" goes.

2. getting jester-like vibes from kites, his role claim is nonsense. why would anyone claim what he claimed unless they personally benefitted from dying somehow
1. A townread of the most prolific player is not very wow-inducing. Wishy-washy townread too Yawn.

2. Of course Kites was to benefit. That's the point. Yawn again, this is nothing.
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:07 pm Golden is scum so I don't care what he agrees with. he's digging that hole deeper though.

and at least I caught the opportunistic scumella from this too so that's ok too.
Tell me more.
maybe if you say please :pout:
I would like to second the "tell me why" question, actually
Pushes the nutella focus... could mean that he and nut aren't w/w.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I very much dislike that there are only 8 people to throw tomatoes at right now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:29 pm Could y’all input what Cbob is saying into your response to him into instead of just responding to his questions? Phone poster here, and all I get is underlined number that requests me call on my phone. I’m not doing that shit manually
867-5309
[mention]Scotty[/mention]

You are bad at things that you wish you were good at.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:13 pm I very much dislike that there are only 8 people to throw tomatoes at right now.
Numerous people have griped about this, and it hasn't changed the poll. There are still 8.

Y'all quit whining and get busy. This is the hand you're dealt. Do something with it.

Or maybe you just suck at cards.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:13 pm I very much dislike that there are only 8 people to throw tomatoes at right now.
Numerous people have griped about this, and it hasn't changed the poll. There are still 8.

Y'all quit whining and get busy. This is the hand you're dealt. Do something with it.

Or maybe you just suck at cards.
Oh this is my second time griping. I like griping.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

That said, I’m willing to see if DDL can deliver, but he may not be as useful as people are assuming even if he’s telling the truth. There’s nothing to stop him from rezzing a scum or 3p, so be mindful of that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I can't help but agree with this.

I'd prefer to lynch Eloh, Nutella, Dunya (coma or no) or Zeph and iirc, I found another unlynchable suspect but I've forgotten who they were.

Focus is only helpful if you focus on the players that should be lynched. Statistically speaking, one of the eight is at least likely to be bad (so previous maths have assured me) but that doesn't mean it's easy to pick a well hidden baddie (if there's even a baddie here) out of a group like this.

Quite frustrating, especially cause I'm a choice.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm That said, I’m willing to see if DDL can deliver, but he may not be as useful as people are assuming even if he’s telling the truth. There’s nothing to stop him from rezzing a scum or 3p, so be mindful of that.
We won't even know if they are scum or 3p though, nor will he (presumably).

I think rezzing Sig is a fine idea.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My role is not that flashy. I don’t think Zephyrus’s language there was scummy nor slippy.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:23 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm That said, I’m willing to see if DDL can deliver, but he may not be as useful as people are assuming even if he’s telling the truth. There’s nothing to stop him from rezzing a scum or 3p, so be mindful of that.

I know. I just wanted to point out that the guy who made the argument for why vigs are less than useful is now in a very similar position to one; we are as beholden to his tinfoil as any vig’s. So if you liked his logic there, apply it accordingly.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm
867-5309
@Scotty

You are bad at things that you wish you were good at.
Ok thanks but like you don’t have to @ me every time you translate.

Mostly because I don’t want you to come up with insults on my fine fine character :sigh:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:12 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:08 pm I didn't start vanilla. I started role-less. Vanilla knows if they were civ or bad. I didn't even know that.
So you entered this game oblivious, weren't in the Day 1 poll, and knew nothing beyond "I am playing in this game"?

How did that develop? Answer to the degree the rules and spirit of the game allow.

And consider buying a new lawnmower. Your lawnmower sucks.
First Mac tells me I won't join until Day 1 is over.

Then Day 0 ends and he says "you are in the game but you don't have a role yet. You will get one when day 1 is over".

Then at the end of Night 1 he gives me the role.

I don't know if he did that out of some gameplay reason, or because he rushed the game. He didn't explain it to me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:23 pm

I know. I just wanted to point out that the guy who made the argument for why vigs are less than useful is now in a very similar position to one; we are as beholden to his tinfoil as any vig’s. So if you liked his logic there, apply it accordingly.
I agree with your point.

My aim unreliable and though I want to target civs I have no way of detecting those.

As a matter of fact, the reason I picked Sig is that I want to make up for killing him early in the latest game. Poor dude can't catch a break.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 166

Post by wolbre04 »

Golden wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:59 pm

U-Pick Mafia Volume 1

Rules:

FAQ:

Factions:

Al-Pieda (Scum)
ISIS Cream (Scum)
Civilians
Self-Aligned

This curse is funny tho
thats the most unfunny video I've ever seen omg I was expecting a wipe out where Scotty eats shit on the pavement.
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Lilefer] aubergine just so I don't leave my vote on Jimmy any longer. It's all fun and games until the third person takes your joke vote seriously. :rolleyes:

I'm open to being convinced to vote for Luna or Sprityo but so far, arguments for that have fallen flat.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: SPIRITYO] aubergine

Not satisfied with spirit's posts earlier today. I want to look at their ISO and Luna's more carefully, and it'd be great if other people could lend a hand with some of the others, but Luna's play really does remind me of her in other games where she was both town and mislynched.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

As of now I think I'd rank them:

ColinIsCool
JaggedJimmyJay
Lunalee
Kylemii
Jackofhearts
Lilefer
Dragon D. Luffy
spirityo
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 pmI'm open to being convinced to vote for Luna or Sprityo but so far, arguments for that have fallen flat.
What specifically did you feel wasn't compelling in those cases?

Yo butt stank.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:13 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 am @Lilefer @motel room @Zephyrus

who are you, tell me about your lives
Will you give me beetroot when I target you tonight?
I don't think I have any? does your target need to be like.... "The guy who had beetroot" or can anyone give you what you need
Quin died last night; could have been a result of targeting Kylemii. That could be a role of any alignment for Kyle though.
Quin and I targeted each other last night, actually. As far as I know his death is unrelated to that fact. My action was successful so I don't imagine my targeting him could have been transformed into something lethal somehow.

This is kind of beside the point but I think quin and wolbres deaths might have been related to each other based on the flavor text.
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 pm dunya is scum.
Jay is scum.
Speedchuck is scum but I’m not going to attempt to lynch him until Day 5. :haha:
I can't believe Jack is bussing Speedchuck again :\
This is the first real dip of his toe into the game. Fun, I suppose, but is it fun that cloaks a more serious intention? Maybe!
it was actually just a really funny joke based on the fact that I went after jack for what I thought was him bussing Speedchuck when he was actually doing the opposite. what kind of serious intention would that post have?
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm a couple thoughts

1. I've been townreading dunya thus far because of her eagerness in jumping into the game, but I'm interested in seeing how this episode of "jay and dunya fight each other on day 0" goes.

2. getting jester-like vibes from kites, his role claim is nonsense. why would anyone claim what he claimed unless they personally benefitted from dying somehow
1. A townread of the most prolific player is not very wow-inducing. Wishy-washy townread too Yawn.

2. Of course Kites was to benefit. That's the point. Yawn again, this is nothing.
1. I don't care what impresses you? this post was taking place during the jay/dunya scuffle, and dunya was a townread. Dunya and Jay are easier to read (imo) after viewing the interactions between each other, so I was looking forward to their

2. your comment has nothing to do with the actual situation that took place. kites was claiming pinata and saying that anyone who killed him would get a reward. Kites wouldn't say that out loud if it were the truth cus it would incentivize his own death.

3. why did you pick out this post in the first place
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:07 pm Golden is scum so I don't care what he agrees with. he's digging that hole deeper though.

and at least I caught the opportunistic scumella from this too so that's ok too.
Tell me more.
maybe if you say please :pout:
I would like to second the "tell me why" question, actually
Pushes the nutella focus... could mean that he and nut aren't w/w.
what?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 pmI'm open to being convinced to vote for Luna or Sprityo but so far, arguments for that have fallen flat.
What specifically did you feel wasn't compelling in those cases?

Yo butt stank.
Luna feels like unbuttered toast. Idk. That's pretty standard Luna (no offense, guys) to me. :shrug2:

Or...maybe not. :ponder: "Opportunistic" is the reason I mislynched her in Image. Why did we mislynch her in Greece?

Sprityo is what? Not helping? Gimmie til day 5. I 'll tell you what his alignment is. :nicenod:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] did you forget what kites actual claim was? Your comment makes it seem like you did. "Of course Kites was to benefit. That's the whole point" is the exact opposite of being true, assuming kites were telling the truth.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

Tell me the truth, now.

Did you kill Quin?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tell me I'm not the only person who notices that Quin and Wolbre killed each other.

Return to “Previous Jobs”