71%

Total votes: 17
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Deep freeze!

Post by Long Con »

Blue magical lights streak across the sky, and plunge into bodies of water across the Realm, freezing them all solid!

For the next phase, players may travel across water as though it were land, and players who are underwater are unable to move.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Quin[/mention] My point to Epi was that he argued Sloon's use of "genuine" was unnecessary from a civilian standpoint, I was trying to gague whether or not he felt similarly about Luna's "valid". I wasn't agreeing with Epi either way, although i could have worded it better I was disagreeing with his conclusion, and wondering if the fact that Luna had said something similar influenced his read on sloonei. He stated that it did not.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am Jackofhearts2005-bydoobydoo, where are you? We have much to discuss
It's my daughter's fourth birthday today so I'm not going to be super active for the rest of the phase.

Would love to be atmentioned with cases and questions though.
Didn't know you had a kid.
I have two.

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

I put a vote on Wilgy. I didn't find his posts early on very suspicious before because I assumed he would eventually come in and start posting but he's really just left things as is, which feels a bit worse.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]Quin[/mention] are these the DDL posts that influenced you to vote G-Man? If so, is there anything that you can add in terms of your opinion or do these two posts sum it up?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm Keep an eye on the folks who darted in here early and, in light of the D0 poll result, pooh-poohed ties on the lynch poll. It’s a subtle way to establish a preemptive cop-out for either train-hopping later (to show they stick to their convictions) or blame-shifting to set up fall guys who tie polls that result in mislynches.

Close lynches and ties (whether mid-phase or at EOD) are valuable sources of information. Granted, that information is best in hindsight after the herd has thinned some.

We may not know who is on the Tribunal but we’re starting out with more civs than baddies (unless this game is extra-double whacky) and there are also two baddie factions, so the odds are against Tribunal being filled with one baddie team.
This post is an amazing piece of wisdom and logic that doesn't acrually do any scumhuting.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 pm To me the only reason a person would vote to tie a lynch that they weren't in danger in is because they are on the tribunal or know who is and they want to save the person that is in the lead during the un-tied period.

Significantly more plausible baddie motives RE: Ties.
Knowing more than meets the eye is far from the only reason that ties happen. At EOD it does look suspicious but it happens many times during the day phase as well. Some people have hunches about and reads on people that lead them to tie up the poll. Poll momentum shifts as the day progresses as well. Your post is very short-sighted, reactive, and dismissive. Anyone else posting it and I’d be somewhat suspicious. But you’re you, so I don’t know if the needle moves much.
The wisdom continues. G-Man knows how to play mafia.

I am hyped to see him actually playing.

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by wolbre04 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 pm don't really feel like I can comfortably vote for anyone

I guess the wilgy wagon feels kinda funky to me bc its this early in the game and hes prolly just busy or lazy
Why do you feel like luna/svs/sig are all town?
Sig is just being how he always is, I don't really think hes doing anything out of the ordinary for someone who said hes gonna be only around here and there

SVS seemed to actually kinda understand what sig was saying about her, seemed really towny to kinda agree to some level with the person poking at you

This feels distinctly different than what I remember mafia luna being like in upick
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Know this- I just took a screenshot of the post count. I’m going to skim over some ISO’s here like I said I would. Be back soon.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ugh, not liking that vote. There isn't enough on wilgy yo feel good about that vote. I need a better target.
My siggie.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 pm Ugh, not liking that vote. There isn't enough on wilgy yo feel good about that vote. I need a better target.
"Disgusting"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Is there a Wilgy case or is it day 1 lynch a lurker?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 pm Ugh, not liking that vote. There isn't enough on wilgy yo feel good about that vote. I need a better target.
There's not much on anyone and most of us are gonna end up voting haphazardly so why hold yourself to an unreasonably high standard? Looking at all those with votes I think Wilgy is the best lynch among them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Actually let's lynch Enrique. Dude wants to get lynched let's accommodate him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'd rather lynch sprityo, he's low-key lurkin
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's lynch Enrique and see if my dreams are magical people. Jump on. Feels good over here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am gonna make the world's least justifiable rainbow list in one second.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 pm Is there a Wilgy case or is it day 1 lynch a lurker?
Yeah I put a vote to see how it feels but lynching him doesn't feel right. Most be able to too do better than lynching an absent player.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 pm don't really feel like I can comfortably vote for anyone

I guess the wilgy wagon feels kinda funky to me bc its this early in the game and hes prolly just busy or lazy
Why do you feel like luna/svs/sig are all town?
Sig is just being how he always is, I don't really think hes doing anything out of the ordinary for someone who said hes gonna be only around here and there

SVS seemed to actually kinda understand what sig was saying about her, seemed really towny to kinda agree to some level with the person poking at you

This feels distinctly different than what I remember mafia luna being like in upick
Can you identify any of the distinct differences between current Luna and U-pick Luna? What was the outcome of that game? (I played that game, but was only minimally invested)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The below are in no order:

The List of People Whose Lynches I Would Actively Object To Today:

DharmaHelper
Epignosis
juliets
S~V~S
timmer
Turnip Head

The List of People Who I Would Be Disappointed In The Lynch of Today:

Dragon D. Luffy
ColinIsCool
insertnamehere
Kylemii
nutella
Quin
sig
Sloonei
speedchuck
Tranq

The List Of People Who I Would Not Be Upset By If They Were Lynched Today:

wolbre04
sprityo
colonialbob
DrWilgy
Lorab
Lunalee
Dana
sabie12
Sorsha

The List of People I Would Be Quite Pleased With The Death Of Today:

Enrique
Jackofhearts2005
G-Man
Novaselinenever
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

Made an early vote on DDL for what appears to be no reason and has only really posted fluff lately. Or am I missing something?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh shit I see some stuff has developed.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Taking a closer look at Luna to see how I feel about her contributions as a whole:
Cites a rule that could be broken if we're not careful. This can be seen in the same vein as DDL's mechanics-talk which got him into trouble. I'm not sure I want to treat it that way, but it's there.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm @Sorsha Hi! I don't think I've played with you before. Also you're voting the same as me, and I thought that was cool. :)
Just sayin' hello. This post doesn't really do anything at all. Friendliness is forbidden in these parts. :srsnod: This would be a bit of evidence against a sorsha/luna baddie pairing if we ever get that far.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:20 am Are people really suspecting me for the role stuff?

I just liked the puzzle and wanted to see if I could figure it out.
Agreed. Epi doesn't look too bad for pointing out that you could be making a baddie play, but everyone else who has gone, "yeppers, DDL is bad for trying to discuss roles," and jumped on you wagon looks a bit suspect to me.
Cautious of the DDL bandwagon voters. Hypocrisy is a staple of the civilian playbook.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:26 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 pm Sloonei is supertowning, which is good.
Why? Sloonei also made a game mechanics type post. When DDL does it, he's bad, but when Sloonei does it he's "supertown"?
Questions why DDL is being treated different than me. Valid question.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm Really feeling a Colin vote right now. Mostly for the way he hopped on DDL so early.
This is where the "bloodthirsty" perception kicks in. Colin placed his superlazy vote on DDL and a few people pounced. Luna was one of them. I don't love it, but looking at this post in retrospect, I do not feel as bad about it as I once did. I still don't feel great about it, but I can see it coming from a civilian Luna as well.

The rest of her discussion of the vote is provoked by others (Mac, SVS), so I don't think it's right to suggest that she was pushing hard against Colin. Rather, she was responding to criticism of her vote. I think I am talking myself out of a luna vote. She hasn't been around much today, but neither has speedchuck and I believe he mentioned that he'd be unable to do much today, and I assume they move in tandem together, so I don't hold this absence against her.

Conclusion: None of this gives me a firm town read on Luna, but I no longer believe in the suspicion that had prompted me to vote for her in the first place. I'd lean town, but, again, that's not a firm read. Moving my vote to... somewhere else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 pm The List of People I Would Be Quite Pleased With The Death Of Today:

Enrique
Jackofhearts2005
G-Man
Novaselinenever
Gimme an explanation for each of these names.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 pm Hmmm...sloonei I think said "take a look at sprityo" and I just did. This is his only post of any consequence:
sprityo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 am Coming from experience, i think sloonei looks town. I drilled a hole into him for his weird wording and actions in megaman, and we were both town. :shrug: I'm more interested in the fact DDL still isnt the main topic of discussion with 3 votes on him
(he corrected DDL to Colin in his next post)

I don't disagree with his post but it's the only thing he's said that's relevant on day 1 (day 0 he gave us the definition of verisimilitude) and he only has 6 posts in all. This makes me nervous, it makes me think of a Day 1 lay-low baddie. I don't think it's enough to change my vote though. @sprityo if you come online could you give us some game related thoughts? Who are you going to vote for and why?
:shrug: Probably no one, because I haven’t invested myself yet

Don’t get me wrong, this setup looks great, but I’ll be in the back seat putting lollipops in people’s hair until I think feel like doing otherwise
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:23 pm I'd rather lynch sprityo, he's low-key lurkin
I’m high key lurking you incessant ape

How about you say something that’s new?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
My question is for Epignosis, is the first quote suss?
No.

Double-standards, and what not, but I don't care.

Women write differently than men.
Epi is bad for not checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.
Or Turnip is bad for posing the question without checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.

got em
I don't follow pls explain
Sloonei and Luna's qualifiers are different. One could argue Sloonei was qualifying his post - "I have a genuine suspicion..." but Luna's use of valid is a reference to her earlier rebuttal where Mac said Day 1 cases are based on nothing and a direct quote using the term valid from SVS. The fact that she repeats the word valid in the same post should make this obvious.

Epi made a blanket statement about how women post which means he didn't check context. If he did he'd have realised the difference between the two. I don't expect this from town.

Mmmmm ok I see. Don't think I agree though. I have other issues with Epi's gender-based statement but I think he is town. I think the point is a little stronger against TH though.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

That was rude of me TH

I just felt like being nasty. :hugs:

But yeah for real have you not noticed this is how I play now
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

(There’s an implied “I’m sorry in there” too)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 pm The List of People I Would Be Quite Pleased With The Death Of Today:

Enrique
Jackofhearts2005
G-Man
Novaselinenever
Enrique - Dude self voted, has done nothing else, I had a dream.

Jack - Tone/gut. Has posted enough to be a good base for future analysis if indeed flips bad.

G-Man - Appears to have rattled the pingdars of many people and I have seen nothing to make me feel good at all. Has posted enough to be a good base for future analysis if indeed flips bad.

Nova - Has Nova even posted? I have seen Nova flip Mafia when not posting enough in the early game to get the feeling that Nova checks role PMs sometimes and just ignores games if he's bad.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Does anyone have thoughts on my soeedchuck vote? It's a very quick iso to read
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:45 pm Does anyone have thoughts on my soeedchuck vote? It's a very quick iso to read
I just read his ISO. It's not like a glowing civvie beacon but at least he's posting his thoughts. I wouldn't lynch.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

But it's thoughts on game mechanics only.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Enrique
Jackofhearts2005
G-Man
Novaselinenever
Enrique - Dude self voted, has done nothing else, I had a dream.

Jack - Tone/gut. Has posted enough to be a good base for future analysis if indeed flips bad.

G-Man - Appears to have rattled the pingdars of many people and I have seen nothing to make me feel good at all. Has posted enough to be a good base for future analysis if indeed flips bad.

Nova - Has Nova even posted? I have seen Nova flip Mafia when not posting enough in the early game to get the feeling that Nova checks role PMs sometimes and just ignores games if he's bad.
Nova's been absent early in games regardless of alignment. I don't think his lack of presence is alignment indicative.

I want to allow G-man time to settle into the game. I'm not alarmed by any of the things he's said and, in my experience with him as player, his hunting comes more from analyzing voter/mechanical information. For him to be quiet and focused on technical things on Day seems perfectly normal for him.

I don't have the same tone read on Jack, but he's not a strong read either way. I could stand to look at him more closely.

Enrique did indeed self-vote. He's done nothing but has been around and I don't love it. He'd be my top choice of the players on this list, but I'm not particularly inclined to go that way. He's promised to get more involved after the weekend anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

For the record, if we end up on an Enrique lynch I'll be ok with that.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Temporarily moving my vote back to sig because that's where I'm most comfortable with it. I just don't want to leave it on luna while I dig through some more ISOs.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:51 pm But it's thoughts on game mechanics only.
Upon further inspection you are right about that and that is a pretty bad look for him.

Also you are most definitely rocketing up my town reads list for actually doing this kind of legwork.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:54 pm Temporarily moving my vote back to sig because that's where I'm most comfortable with it. I just don't want to leave it on luna while I dig through some more ISOs.

Point me at your sig notes
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:23 pm I'd rather lynch sprityo, he's low-key lurkin
I’m high key lurking you incessant ape

How about you say something that’s new?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sprityo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 pm Hmmm...sloonei I think said "take a look at sprityo" and I just did. This is his only post of any consequence:
sprityo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 am Coming from experience, i think sloonei looks town. I drilled a hole into him for his weird wording and actions in megaman, and we were both town. :shrug: I'm more interested in the fact DDL still isnt the main topic of discussion with 3 votes on him
(he corrected DDL to Colin in his next post)

I don't disagree with his post but it's the only thing he's said that's relevant on day 1 (day 0 he gave us the definition of verisimilitude) and he only has 6 posts in all. This makes me nervous, it makes me think of a Day 1 lay-low baddie. I don't think it's enough to change my vote though. @sprityo if you come online could you give us some game related thoughts? Who are you going to vote for and why?
:shrug: Probably no one, because I haven’t invested myself yet

Don’t get me wrong, this setup looks great, but I’ll be in the back seat putting lollipops in people’s hair until I think feel like doing otherwise
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I intended to start with a look at Jack's ISO, but to my surprise LoRab's name was on the player list! So let's have a quick look at what she's got going on:
LoRab wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:59 am Eek! Sorry to have missed night 0. Totally missed that I had a pm. Thank you dear host for letting me know!!! Just got on an airplane. Will check in again in a couple of hours.
She's traveling. That justifies lower-end participation. Fair deal, but not alignment indicative at all.
LoRab wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 am OK....I got wifi on the plane...

Can I suggest that we change the vote word from aubergine to something that is not one of the role names? I mean, if the point is to be easily searched, then it seems to me it would make it easier if it were a word that isn't likely to come up. Also, lol to the hosts for putting that in there. :suspish:

@LC @BR: Is the difference in the map from earlier to current based on a host correction, or based on night 0 activity?
aubergine beef. not really game-relevant.
LoRab wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:08 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am I normally don't analyse roles too deeply at once but I'm normally not given a list of 28 roles that I'm supposed to figure out the alignment of so that really incited my curiosity.
I did a little digging and psi ninja was previously town while Yin and Yang were previously 3P.

Assuming 3P and Independant are the same definition, Yin and Yang were really more hybrid indy/neutral roles, leaning towards neutral in the way they played out, which was likely be design. They were meant to kill each other, in order to choose an alignment, which is exactly what happened. I don't remember the extent to which randomization was truly random in that game (in that era on that forum, there was often tweaking to randomization--it was an accepted part of the culture), and both players who had those roles would be likely to play it that way. The likelihood of them winning as an independent LMS was slim--but for one of them to kill the other in order to join a team was great. So, I wouldn't really call them indy.

That all probably should have been pink.
Shares some nifty game lore. This is appreciated, but again not particularly game-relevant.

And that's it. I look forward to LoRab getting into this game for real, whenever that happens. Absolutely nothing here is alignment indicative.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sprityo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm (There’s an implied “I’m sorry in there” too)
I should probably apologizing for emotionally manipulating you in Outpost 31, luv u boo :kadaj:

But yeah for a while we had the daffodils and picnic baskets version of sprityo, now we have... this
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:54 pm Temporarily moving my vote back to sig because that's where I'm most comfortable with it. I just don't want to leave it on luna while I dig through some more ISOs.

Point me at your sig notes
I gave a quick overview here. Also provided some elaboration here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] you got any lukewarm takes from the backseat while you're with us?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm I'm giving sincere consideration to trusting Mac's dream vision.
Enri's legit just give him a chance to get settled in
Legit your teammate?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm not moving my vote. I wish people would read speedchuck s posts and see what I see. Talking only about game mechanics and goofing.
My siggie.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

KA-POW! We watched Incredibles 2 tonight. I wasn’t all that impressed.

Anywho, the top five talkers by post count when I snagged it were Sloonei, DH, juliets, timmer, and Epi.

Sloonei was quite talkative for someone with a paper to write. From my skim, he started out throwing poo everywhere to fetch reactions. Standard issue stuff. He tried to shut down Epi’s ‘gotcha’ sequence and became less poo-flingy as the day went on. By the end of the ISO he felt more accommodating and interactive rather than just “WHAM with the poo and tell me how you feel about that.” More dialogue and less shooting from the hip. It’s been a long time since I played with full-bore Sloonei.

DH was a pretty good read but I know he’s wiley as all get out after seeing his charm offensive in Outpost 31. Thing of beauty, that one. He talks about a number of people without going too far in interpreting their actions. No seed-planting as far as I can detect. Nothing out of place there, but Outpost 31.

Juliets spends most of her time responding to people’s thoughts and stances on other people without offering many of her own thoughts on anyone. I feel like this is normal but it’s also easy to fake. Her post count is high but it is, as she admits, all over the place. Is she being a sponge or just feigning a somewhat active appearance?

Timmer feels like Timmer. Some general discussion the first half of Day 1 but he doesn’t just ride the phase out in neutral. He’s warming up, gradually engaging in discussion about specific people and offering his own insight. Progression doesn’t always mean anything but it felt good to see it from a Top 5 Talker.

Epi seemed to Epi along but then hit Sloonei with a try-hard sledgehammer with extra stank on it. He’s a force to be reckoned with regardless of alignment, and no one can accuse him of dialing it in early here. It’s a bold play for a baddie to try to demolish a civvie like this early but there are also two baddie teams, so baddies are hunting too. Fairly standard stuff but the presence of multiple baddie teams gives me pause.

If I had to put these five in order of most likely to be faking it to least likely, my gut puts it like this:

Juliets
Epi
Sloonei
DH
Timmer
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This poll is a clusterfuck right now
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei I don't get the sig thing at all
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:19 pmWhich players are you considering voting for?
It's the other way around for me right now, i have a couple of players i don't want to vote for. That's usually how it is on Day 1. G-Man's post is one i liked, for example.
I wouldn't mind a Wilgy vote.
Looking at wilgy voters and this post stands out. It's after juliets and Sloonei have expressed potential wilgy votes. "I don't really have people I want to vote for... maybe wilgy". Seems like an odd choice.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Jack of Farts
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:37 pm Somebody talk to me about times nonsensical looking poll options helped or harmed your faction.

I remember lots of “oh, the cubs should do this” discussions but I’ve never looked back to see if those statements were correct.
First sort of on-topic post is a call for information on the Day 0 poll options. This is all we had to talk about at the time and polls like this aren't a thing where Jack comes from. Not alignment indicative.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:17 am
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm i voted "will you become more" because it's either a rhetorical question with a motivating connotation or a question as to whether i'm going to get super fat this christmas in which case the answer is yes
Town. :noble:
i won't be buddied this time, punk.
It was worth a shot.
Jack likes to throw around votes like this early on. Quin hates to be town read. This exchange could have been predicted in pre-game.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:26 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:15 am I'm going to be voting DDL tomorrow.

The speculation over the roles is an act to get involved.

Now go.
Disagree. DDL tends to be mechanically minded.

Then again, I read DDL for shit.
Defends DDL and then walks it back a little. Okay.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:03 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:07 am Jack my boy. Come, confess your sins to me.
I’m the towniest town there ever was. You’ll see. :slick:
I remember something like this in Hogwarts, accio post!
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pmIs Jack bad?
To the bone. :mafia:

But I ain't no death eater.
Jack was bad in this game. I called him out for this post because it felt like feigned nonchalance. Jack's response to Mac's "confess your sins" post here feels more natural and relaxed to me. Therefore I can call Jack a locktown read and will rip the head off anyone who suggests lynching him. Or something.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:32 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am btw i decided i have a truth meta now
Lol let’s lynch Enrique.
Okay.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:38 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am Nutella is fluffing so hard this game I almost think she has a curse.
My gut instinct is “town” but that’s stupid cause there’s no basis for fluff Nutella = town.

Gth read her.
I'm not sure what's happening here. He seems to want to townread nutella, but expresses doubt about the premise of his read and then (I think) asks DDL for a gth read of her, but doesn't offer a clear read himself.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 pm @colonialbob

If the summary is

Colin: Imma do something that comes across as suspicious D1.
Sloonei: Vote Colin
Epi: Bullshit. Colin is town, therefore you are bad.

Then I tend to lean on Sloonei being bad over Colin. Colin has been almost mislynched like thirty times in the past couple games. Sloonei should know better.

Will update this read once I get to the part of the thread where Colin actually does the suspicious thing.

I think Epi?’s suspicion on DDL was junk but I don’t know why others jumped on DDL.
This is not an accurate summary of events, but Jack hasn't pursued me as a suspect so I'm not really bothered by it and there's no indication that this was a willful attempt to skew the chronology of events. Some criticism of Epi. I haven't seen a read on Epi from Jack yet, that'd be a handy thing.

There's not much after that. Some light banter. This is not the most involved I've ever seen Jack (happy birthday to his daughter), but I don't get any sinister vibes from him. For what it's worth, he was my first genuine suspect when I subbed into Hogwarts about a month ago, so there's at least some recent precedent for me tone reading him accurately. That's not this game though.

Lean town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

My favorite holiday tradition is staying up till 4am to read an LC lynch/night post.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”