71%

Total votes: 17
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:07 pm KA-POW! We watched Incredibles 2 tonight. I wasn’t all that impressed.

Anywho, the top five talkers by post count when I snagged it were Sloonei, DH, juliets, timmer, and Epi.

Sloonei was quite talkative for someone with a paper to write. From my skim, he started out throwing poo everywhere to fetch reactions. Standard issue stuff. He tried to shut down Epi’s ‘gotcha’ sequence and became less poo-flingy as the day went on. By the end of the ISO he felt more accommodating and interactive rather than just “WHAM with the poo and tell me how you feel about that.” More dialogue and less shooting from the hip. It’s been a long time since I played with full-bore Sloonei.

DH was a pretty good read but I know he’s wiley as all get out after seeing his charm offensive in Outpost 31. Thing of beauty, that one. He talks about a number of people without going too far in interpreting their actions. No seed-planting as far as I can detect. Nothing out of place there, but Outpost 31.

Juliets spends most of her time responding to people’s thoughts and stances on other people without offering many of her own thoughts on anyone. I feel like this is normal but it’s also easy to fake. Her post count is high but it is, as she admits, all over the place. Is she being a sponge or just feigning a somewhat active appearance?

Timmer feels like Timmer. Some general discussion the first half of Day 1 but he doesn’t just ride the phase out in neutral. He’s warming up, gradually engaging in discussion about specific people and offering his own insight. Progression doesn’t always mean anything but it felt good to see it from a Top 5 Talker.

Epi seemed to Epi along but then hit Sloonei with a try-hard sledgehammer with extra stank on it. He’s a force to be reckoned with regardless of alignment, and no one can accuse him of dialing it in early here. It’s a bold play for a baddie to try to demolish a civvie like this early but there are also two baddie teams, so baddies are hunting too. Fairly standard stuff but the presence of multiple baddie teams gives me pause.

If I had to put these five in order of most likely to be faking it to least likely, my gut puts it like this:

Juliets
Epi
Sloonei
DH
Timmer
:ponder: I've given 0 consideration to juliets as a suspect, but she's done absolutely nothing to be removed from the suspect pool. Let's have a look.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have two ways of playing mafia. I'm either the cartoon snake from Jungle Book or the cartoon snake from Robin Hood.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:22 pm Keeping my vote with drwilgy for now as of yet haven't seen much of a case not to other than someone saying he has done that before in other games. Unless he has some kind of personal stuff going on I don't see why he would vote no explanation and then just leave for the whole day phase.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm "l will vote wilgy because why not" no thank you

[VOTE: sabie12] aubergine
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lol Doc's in the lead now

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:20 pm My favorite holiday tradition is staying up till 4am to read an LC lynch/night post.
We're gonna use the night to pull things back a bit, maybe an hour and a half earlier or so.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:20 pm My favorite holiday tradition is staying up till 4am to read an LC lynch/night post.
We're gonna use the night to pull things back a bit, maybe an hour and a half earlier or so.
In like two of your games I stayed up till at least 3am to see the post and get killed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

There's enough of us around to come to a better consensus than this
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I have a few questions from way back in the thread:

What is supertowning?
What is a truth meta? Is it literally just saying "I'm gonna tell the truth"? Because isn't that the whole point of this game?

I'm still a few pages behind but I've been taking some notes and attempting to form some opinions so I will be back again soon but this game is wild.

Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm Who is @Dana ?
Hi, I am!
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 pm There's enough of us around to come to a better consensus than this
You don't think giving the tribunal half the player list to pick from is a good idea?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 0]

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am Good morning everyone, we play at last! sabie12 so glad to have you back with us. And so glad to have you guys I've played mafia with for the most years - Tranq, S~V~S, Lorab and Sorsha. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I also have no idea what the poll means so I'm going to wait to vote in it until there is some more discussion around it. Also, I will be at work today from 8:30 until this afternoon without access to the thread so I'm sure I'll come home to an explosion! Ok, so later.
The hardest part of trying to construct a case against juliets is that she's the human embodiment of warmth and kindness. Lose all emotional affect.
juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 pm These poll options seem quite meaningless.

Are people voting randomly or what?
The Tribunal of Judgment is from A World Apart, it was three civvies with BTSC plus a lynch switch and pardon. Seems pro-town imo
Wait a minute, I remember a game where I was part of a 3 civ group with BTSC that was a LC/BR game - was that World Apart? I can't remember mafia games years after I've played them at all. Anyway, I agree this sounds like a pro-town option so that's where I'm voting.
Similar to sig, this post has a "How do you do, fellow town?" vibe. She makes a deliberate point to frame her chosen option as pro-town before casting the vote. I'm skeptical.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 am Good news! Votes are indeed changeable, and I put mine on Tranq. Aubergine.
Sloonei, sorry if I missed your reasoning but what did you see about Tranq that made you put a vote on him?
Her first game-relevant action is to ask me about my Tranq vote. I don't know what she did with this question.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:48 am Hmm good, we've started actually playing.

Epi, you still feeling DDL?

SVS could be obliquely defending sabie or poking Sloonei. Not a big fan of sabie's response.

Jackofhearts2005 want to trust team? Coming back to a 30 player fancy game is intimidating and I need to find a handhold somewhere.
Update: I no longer want to trust team you.

Looks like a lot of people busy this weekend... including me (as I will be away most of today).

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
So bob, you mention Epi's DDL suspicion and say you are not a fan of sable's responses but then vote Colin. Could you share why you voted him?
Similar question for cbob. In both cases her response was simply to say "thanks." You're welcome.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm
Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 pm These poll options seem quite meaningless.

As someone who has played several LC/BR games I don't know if I believe that you believe that anything in the game is meaningless.
This is why I voted for Tranq.
Ah, ok thanks Sloonei.
Do you have an opinion on this?
After thinking about it, I don't understand why Tranq said that after having played Long Rock games in the past, so maybe I should just ask him: @Tranq what made you say this after having played their games in the past where the polls - especially the first poll - were meaningful?

Also though, I'm less inclined to vote on day 1 one of the people who has been gone for years from our site. I'm not saying I won't vote for one but the evidence would have to be strong.

lots of linki which I will read after posting
Past-Sloonei was on the ball, though, and didn't let her off the hook that easy. She responded by essentially parroting the concern and then asking Tranq to explain his post, but then expressed hesitation about voting for players in Tranq's situation. In other words, she doesn't do much.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:14 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm I'm glad you asked, juliets.

Note i said poll options, not polls. LC/BR polls are always important.
A World Reborn's Day 0 poll options were literally meaningless. Players had to choose between Prog and other music genres. Poll options had nothing to do with the lore of the game. The outcome of the poll, however, did.
I did a quick search on these poll options and didn't find anything meaningful, and made my post.
huh, you're right. I went back and looked at the game and indeed the poll options were just music genres but the poll outcome was those that those who voted one of the options got taken off the day 1 poll. So, I see what you mean about the difference between options and polls so this explanation rings true to me. Thanks for explaining.
Accepts Tranq's response without criticism.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:14 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:11 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:43 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm
Hey SVS, I don't know if I've played with you before, but I've seen you around and sort of know about you. My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions. Mac doesn't think so, and therefore thinks I "attacked" nutella for no reason over her (in my opinon) completely invalid Jack suspicion. Does that clear things up for you?
Out of curiosity, what do you sort of know about S~V~S?
So um, speedchuck played game of champions with her last year, before I even joined the site, and he ranted to me about her suspecting him. XD
Yeah he aggressively defended the guy with the blinking neon "Baddie" sign on his head. Good times.

If people who know you better than I that I feel ok about tell me this is your norm, I am open to moving my vote. Plenty of day one weirdness in this thread lol.

But for now I'm good.
I would like to tell you a list of references who can attest to my civ game, but I get mislynched pretty often, because apparently I don't know how to play like a civ.
Luna does seem to get mislynched but I think it's because we don't know how to read her more than it is she doesn't know how to play like a civ. I thought her question to nutella was good, I also wondered if she was voting based on Hogwarts or something she has seen this game.
Vaguely vouches for luna while just-as-vaguely criticizing nutella, but I don't actually see a read on either player in this game right now. Not ideal.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am I appreciate Epi's pointing out some oddities in Sloonei's posts because Sloonei is a tough nut to crack for me. He had me completely snowed in a game I played with him earlier this year where he was bad. But I agree with Sloonei's point that he doesn't think this is a sincere case. I think it's a bold move to enhance conversation.
Juliets is mostly just posting to express agreement with things. Is this normal for her?
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 am Something is bothering me about G-Man but I can't put my finger on it. I was not a fan of his post calling DH short sighted and dismissive. Maybe it's just the tone which isn't necessarily alignment indicative. Anyway, I agree with DDL, I'd like to see more from G-Man today.
This is one of my Red Flag statements. I always perk up when I see someone thrust such a vague suspicion on a person. Qualify that junk! Otherwise it can just be read as phony bandwagoning. Not a good look for juliets.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am Ok, I found this quote from Mac:
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Oh I just read some Jack posts that pinged me. There's no actual case there.
Mac, would you share what posts pinged you?
Puts her attention on the Jack case, but... I don't see her actually doing much here.

There's a lot of the same for a while, then this:
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm I have to leave for awhile, I was hoping sig would post his walk-through before I had to go. For now, I'm going to vote for Wilgy.

@DrWilgy if you come online would please explain your vote for c-bob and tell us a little bit about your reads or suspicions or anything game related except mechanics?

I will be back after I have done my physical therapy. I will not, btw, be here for EOD. Way past my bedtime.
Yuck. Taken with the rest of Juliets' ISO, this vote is supremely weak. I can't identify a single read juliets has made this game, and her vote is on the established lazy low-poster option. Not good.

And then there's a couple more posts where she reacts to other people saying things without taking a stance. I have a definitive beef here. Juliets has spent most of the day agreeing with people and asking straightforward questions. I do not see a single read on a player anywhere in these posts, and I see no evidence that she's actively working with the information gained from any of the questions she's asked. I could get behind a juliets case.

@juliets, what are your reads on nutella and luna?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: juliets] aubergine :omg:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dana wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pm I have a few questions from way back in the thread:

What is supertowning?
What is a truth meta? Is it literally just saying "I'm gonna tell the truth"? Because isn't that the whole point of this game?

I'm still a few pages behind but I've been taking some notes and attempting to form some opinions so I will be back again soon but this game is wild.

Hi, I am!
Supatowning is when a player is behaving/playing in a very protown way

Truth Meta is a garbage lie made by garbage bois

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i also have no idea what people mean when they say "truth meta" so I just ignore it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

I hadn't given any consideration to juliets being mafia because I just assume hosts assign juliets town roles every game like I do and her posts every time I've seen them have just been like "oh hey it's juliets again".
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:43 pm
Dana wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pm I have a few questions from way back in the thread:

What is supertowning?

Hi, I am!
Supatowning is when a player is behaving/playing in a very protown way

Truth Meta is a garbage lie made by garbage bois
I am the truth meta.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 pm i also have no idea what people mean when they say "truth meta" so I just ignore it.
What, really?

Glorfindel.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm Town Leader Sloonei, look at me! Juliets is someone to talk about, everyone say things about juliets!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 pm i also have no idea what people mean when they say "truth meta" so I just ignore it.
What, really?

Glorfindel.
anyone else claiming that shit is a liar.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloo I find it strange that you are off looking at other candidates about an hour before EOD when we have about 18 people with votes on them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:48 pm
What, really?

Glorfindel.
anyone else claiming that shit is a liar.
All I can remember about Enrique's post history is joking about having a single game truth meta and then self voting.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:40 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am Good morning everyone, we play at last! sabie12 so glad to have you back with us. And so glad to have you guys I've played mafia with for the most years - Tranq, S~V~S, Lorab and Sorsha. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I also have no idea what the poll means so I'm going to wait to vote in it until there is some more discussion around it. Also, I will be at work today from 8:30 until this afternoon without access to the thread so I'm sure I'll come home to an explosion! Ok, so later.
The hardest part of trying to construct a case against juliets is that she's the human embodiment of warmth and kindness. Lose all emotional affect.
juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm

The Tribunal of Judgment is from A World Apart, it was three civvies with BTSC plus a lynch switch and pardon. Seems pro-town imo
Wait a minute, I remember a game where I was part of a 3 civ group with BTSC that was a LC/BR game - was that World Apart? I can't remember mafia games years after I've played them at all. Anyway, I agree this sounds like a pro-town option so that's where I'm voting.
Similar to sig, this post has a "How do you do, fellow town?" vibe. She makes a deliberate point to frame her chosen option as pro-town before casting the vote. I'm skeptical.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 am Good news! Votes are indeed changeable, and I put mine on Tranq. Aubergine.
Sloonei, sorry if I missed your reasoning but what did you see about Tranq that made you put a vote on him?
Her first game-relevant action is to ask me about my Tranq vote. I don't know what she did with this question.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:48 am Hmm good, we've started actually playing.

Epi, you still feeling DDL?

SVS could be obliquely defending sabie or poking Sloonei. Not a big fan of sabie's response.

Jackofhearts2005 want to trust team? Coming back to a 30 player fancy game is intimidating and I need to find a handhold somewhere.
Update: I no longer want to trust team you.

Looks like a lot of people busy this weekend... including me (as I will be away most of today).

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
So bob, you mention Epi's DDL suspicion and say you are not a fan of sable's responses but then vote Colin. Could you share why you voted him?
Similar question for cbob. In both cases her response was simply to say "thanks." You're welcome.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm

As someone who has played several LC/BR games I don't know if I believe that you believe that anything in the game is meaningless.
This is why I voted for Tranq.
Ah, ok thanks Sloonei.
Do you have an opinion on this?
After thinking about it, I don't understand why Tranq said that after having played Long Rock games in the past, so maybe I should just ask him: @Tranq what made you say this after having played their games in the past where the polls - especially the first poll - were meaningful?

Also though, I'm less inclined to vote on day 1 one of the people who has been gone for years from our site. I'm not saying I won't vote for one but the evidence would have to be strong.

lots of linki which I will read after posting
Past-Sloonei was on the ball, though, and didn't let her off the hook that easy. She responded by essentially parroting the concern and then asking Tranq to explain his post, but then expressed hesitation about voting for players in Tranq's situation. In other words, she doesn't do much.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:14 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm I'm glad you asked, juliets.

Note i said poll options, not polls. LC/BR polls are always important.
A World Reborn's Day 0 poll options were literally meaningless. Players had to choose between Prog and other music genres. Poll options had nothing to do with the lore of the game. The outcome of the poll, however, did.
I did a quick search on these poll options and didn't find anything meaningful, and made my post.
huh, you're right. I went back and looked at the game and indeed the poll options were just music genres but the poll outcome was those that those who voted one of the options got taken off the day 1 poll. So, I see what you mean about the difference between options and polls so this explanation rings true to me. Thanks for explaining.
Accepts Tranq's response without criticism.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:14 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:11 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:43 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm
Hey SVS, I don't know if I've played with you before, but I've seen you around and sort of know about you. My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions. Mac doesn't think so, and therefore thinks I "attacked" nutella for no reason over her (in my opinon) completely invalid Jack suspicion. Does that clear things up for you?
Out of curiosity, what do you sort of know about S~V~S?
So um, speedchuck played game of champions with her last year, before I even joined the site, and he ranted to me about her suspecting him. XD
Yeah he aggressively defended the guy with the blinking neon "Baddie" sign on his head. Good times.

If people who know you better than I that I feel ok about tell me this is your norm, I am open to moving my vote. Plenty of day one weirdness in this thread lol.

But for now I'm good.
I would like to tell you a list of references who can attest to my civ game, but I get mislynched pretty often, because apparently I don't know how to play like a civ.
Luna does seem to get mislynched but I think it's because we don't know how to read her more than it is she doesn't know how to play like a civ. I thought her question to nutella was good, I also wondered if she was voting based on Hogwarts or something she has seen this game.
Vaguely vouches for luna while just-as-vaguely criticizing nutella, but I don't actually see a read on either player in this game right now. Not ideal.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am I appreciate Epi's pointing out some oddities in Sloonei's posts because Sloonei is a tough nut to crack for me. He had me completely snowed in a game I played with him earlier this year where he was bad. But I agree with Sloonei's point that he doesn't think this is a sincere case. I think it's a bold move to enhance conversation.
Juliets is mostly just posting to express agreement with things. Is this normal for her?
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 am Something is bothering me about G-Man but I can't put my finger on it. I was not a fan of his post calling DH short sighted and dismissive. Maybe it's just the tone which isn't necessarily alignment indicative. Anyway, I agree with DDL, I'd like to see more from G-Man today.
This is one of my Red Flag statements. I always perk up when I see someone thrust such a vague suspicion on a person. Qualify that junk! Otherwise it can just be read as phony bandwagoning. Not a good look for juliets.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am Ok, I found this quote from Mac:
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Oh I just read some Jack posts that pinged me. There's no actual case there.
Mac, would you share what posts pinged you?
Puts her attention on the Jack case, but... I don't see her actually doing much here.

There's a lot of the same for a while, then this:
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm I have to leave for awhile, I was hoping sig would post his walk-through before I had to go. For now, I'm going to vote for Wilgy.

@DrWilgy if you come online would please explain your vote for c-bob and tell us a little bit about your reads or suspicions or anything game related except mechanics?

I will be back after I have done my physical therapy. I will not, btw, be here for EOD. Way past my bedtime.
Yuck. Taken with the rest of Juliets' ISO, this vote is supremely weak. I can't identify a single read juliets has made this game, and her vote is on the established lazy low-poster option. Not good.

And then there's a couple more posts where she reacts to other people saying things without taking a stance. I have a definitive beef here. Juliets has spent most of the day agreeing with people and asking straightforward questions. I do not see a single read on a player anywhere in these posts, and I see no evidence that she's actively working with the information gained from any of the questions she's asked. I could get behind a juliets case.

@juliets, what are your reads on nutella and luna?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:42 pm [VOTE: juliets] aubergine :omg:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Truth meta is to mafia what postmodern literary criticism is to academia. Fancy nonsense
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

70 minutes til end of day. 5 candidates with 2 votes and 1 with 3. Sloonei wants to start a CFD on juliets.

Seems to me Sloo is nervous about his proximity to the gallows.

Sloo and G-Man scum teammates?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 pm I hadn't given any consideration to juliets being mafia because I just assume hosts assign juliets town roles every game like I do and her posts every time I've seen them have just been like "oh hey it's juliets again".
You deliberately give certain people certain alignments when running a game? I didn't realize people did that, I thought it was always random.
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Holy fuck Sloonei and G-Man are totally teammates!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 pm I hadn't given any consideration to juliets being mafia because I just assume hosts assign juliets town roles every game like I do and her posts every time I've seen them have just been like "oh hey it's juliets again".
You deliberately give certain people certain alignments when running a game? I didn't realize people did that, I thought it was always random.
Pretty much just her because she begs for it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:49 pm Sloo I find it strange that you are off looking at other candidates about an hour before EOD when we have about 18 people with votes on them.
I don't feel strongly about any of these candidates, and clearly there's no consensus anywhere. What's wrong with looking at other options?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

G-Man and Sloonei both too close for comfort are trying desperately to build viable counterwagons to get the lynch off them. The rest of the candidates don't gaf because they aren't Mafia.

Hot takes up in here get your hot takes.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm 70 minutes til end of day. 5 candidates with 2 votes and 1 with 3. Sloonei wants to start a CFD on juliets.

Seems to me Sloo is nervous about his proximity to the gallows.

Sloo and G-Man scum teammates?
I feel pretty safe. Why the fuck are you objecting to me scumhunting right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:49 pm Sloo I find it strange that you are off looking at other candidates about an hour before EOD when we have about 18 people with votes on them.
I don't feel strongly about any of these candidates, and clearly there's no consensus anywhere. What's wrong with looking at other options?
Nothing on the surface I suppose but there's just something weird about the scientific way you are going about it all. I am currently doing mental gymnastics trying to build the synapse connections to quantify your alignment to your posts.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 pm G-Man and Sloonei both too close for comfort are trying desperately to build viable counterwagons to get the lynch off them. The rest of the candidates don't gaf because they aren't Mafia.

How about we talk about the things I just said about juliets?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm Holy fuck Sloonei and G-Man are totally teammates!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

oh it's 8pm
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i meant to come on here earlier but smash bros
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 pm G-Man and Sloonei both too close for comfort are trying desperately to build viable counterwagons to get the lynch off them. The rest of the candidates don't gaf because they aren't Mafia.

Much like every other case you've tried to make my brain doesn't comprehend it at all. That's because I have a town brain and you have a mafia brain.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:56 pm
Nothing on the surface I suppose but there's just something weird about the scientific way you are going about it all. I am currently doing mental gymnastics trying to build the synapse connections to quantify your alignment to your posts.
... huh? I'm looking at specific ISOs. That's... how people usually do this sort of thing. G-Man mentioned juliets, I realized I'd not given any thought to her this game. I looked, she's got an uninspiring ISO. I voted for her. Nobody has more than 3 votes in the poll and we've got over an hour to go. I'm confused by your confusion. This would hardly even qualify as a CFD. There's plenty of time and no established frontrunners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Voting Sloonei up in here. Get around it.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

So I kind of want to just trust everyone even though I know that's not how it works, but from a somewhat quick-ish read of the whole thread, here are some notes I took of my first impressions of some of the more discussed people:

Lunalee - Not sure if they are bad or not, they just seem very kind (someone said “soft”?) which I personally find relatable so I don't think that necessarily means bad. I also don't think I have ever played with them before so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I think someone else said they thought Luna was aggressive? I did not get that vibe but maybe I skimmed the posts where they were.

G-Man - Seems trustworthy I think? There was some stuff about the voting and the vote-tying but I don't think they're bad probably.

Sloonei - Wasn’t sure about them at first but I think I like them more as time goes on. That Juliets post was pretty good. But I am inclined to vote for the person I trust the most because I know I'm real bad at figuring out who is good and who is bad and voting for my most trusted person worked once so maybe it's a good strategy?

MacDougall - I liked his hunting and his style, not sure if that is normal for him or not but it seems like he's being pretty helpful to me.

ColinIsCool - ??? I don't think I followed this train closely enough because I still don't know what was up with it.

Other people I wrote that I liked or kind of liked: colonialbob, Enrique, timmer (maybe)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Dana[/mention] who are you? where are you from? who do you know, what kind of experience do you have in terms of mafia etc.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm
... huh? I'm looking at specific ISOs. That's... how people usually do this sort of thing. G-Man mentioned juliets, I realized I'd not given any thought to her this game. I looked, she's got an uninspiring ISO. I voted for her. Nobody has more than 3 votes in the poll and we've got over an hour to go. I'm confused by your confusion. This would hardly even qualify as a CFD. There's plenty of time and no established frontrunners.
At the time G-Man did that you were both on 2 votes. I put it to you that G-Man are working together to prevent each other's lynch on account of being Mafia together.

My argument. None of the other viable wagons are flailing around looking to build cases on the likes of juliets and sig. Both easy targets. You guys are doing it because you feel like you have more to lose than the rest of the candidates do because you are 2 members of the same Mafia team. Boom game set. Get out of my thread.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm Voting Sloonei up in here. Get around it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm i meant to come on here earlier but smash bros
Did you like my smash bros reference just now?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by G-Man »

Kicking myself off the phone for the night and going to bed. I didn’t finish my ISO’s of mid-post level players. Colin’s ISO is thin. CBob had some meat but I need to give it another look when I have more time. Nutella was lean, DDl seemed adequate, and Mac is Mac. I didn’t hit the Jack, sig, or Luna reads yet.

I’ll vote for Juliets since I placed her the worst of my big talkers. If I wake up in the morning to find myself still alive, I will ISO everyone over N1 and the first part of D2.

The trouble with this game is that it’s only Day 1 and there are almost 900 posts, most of which is bluster and white noise.

Linki- oh good grief this may not end well for me.

Good night.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm I would give DH a town read but I am scorned after Hogwarts. I will never trust another DH as long as I live.

Sloonei though. He's being a real trusty boi.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 pm Mr Sloo. Tell me how I can do better for you missah. You want me to shine up your shoes real good like? Or maybe wash your feet real good like?
Why am I town? Why is Jack bad?
1. I am really good at tone reading people
2. I have a sixth sense for Darth Sloo and I do not sense him
3. Jack ... is bad?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 pm The below are in no order:

The List of People Who I Would Be Disappointed In The Lynch of Today:
Sloonei
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Much like every other case you've tried to make my brain doesn't comprehend it at all. That's because I have a town brain and you have a mafia brain.
What happened? And what on earth is difficult to understand about the things I said about Juliets? Have you even read my ISO? I'm genuinely confused right now. What are you doing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 am
At the time G-Man did that you were both on 2 votes. I put it to you that G-Man are working together to prevent each other's lynch on account of being Mafia together.

My argument. None of the other viable wagons are flailing around looking to build cases on the likes of juliets and sig. Both easy targets. You guys are doing it because you feel like you have more to lose than the rest of the candidates do because you are 2 members of the same Mafia team. Boom game set. Get out of my thread.
This is so fucking stupid.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

G-Man wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 am Kicking myself off the phone for the night and going to bed. I didn’t finish my ISO’s of mid-post level players. Colin’s ISO is thin. CBob had some meat but I need to give it another look when I have more time. Nutella was lean, DDl seemed adequate, and Mac is Mac. I didn’t hit the Jack, sig, or Luna reads yet.

I’ll vote for Juliets since I placed her the worst of my big talkers. If I wake up in the morning to find myself still alive, I will ISO everyone over N1 and the first part of D2.

The trouble with this game is that it’s only Day 1 and there are almost 900 posts, most of which is bluster and white noise.

Good night.
Wow Mac look both G and Sloonei are voting for Juliets

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm I would give DH a town read but I am scorned after Hogwarts. I will never trust another DH as long as I live.

Sloonei though. He's being a real trusty boi.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 pm Mr Sloo. Tell me how I can do better for you missah. You want me to shine up your shoes real good like? Or maybe wash your feet real good like?
Why am I town? Why is Jack bad?
1. I am really good at tone reading people
2. I have a sixth sense for Darth Sloo and I do not sense him
3. Jack ... is bad?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 pm The below are in no order:

The List of People Who I Would Be Disappointed In The Lynch of Today:
Sloonei
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm

What happened? And what on earth is difficult to understand about the things I said about Juliets? Have you even read my ISO? I'm genuinely confused right now. What are you doing?
I thought you were town and now I don't.

There's nothing difficult to understand about the things you said. What's difficult to understand is how you read her posts and see a Mafia when I read them and see a Juliets.

I am doing a thing where I cause the lynch of Mafia players. Keep up son.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:04 am
G-Man wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 am Kicking myself off the phone for the night and going to bed. I didn’t finish my ISO’s of mid-post level players. Colin’s ISO is thin. CBob had some meat but I need to give it another look when I have more time. Nutella was lean, DDl seemed adequate, and Mac is Mac. I didn’t hit the Jack, sig, or Luna reads yet.

Good night.
Wow Mac look both G and Sloonei are voting for Juliets
:omg:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 am

Why not just got back to Colin or wilgy tho
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It reminds me of that time when MP and I were literally the only two people in the thread in Search for Quin and he insisted that I must be scum because I was the only person in the game actively pushing any theories. Because I was the only other person bothering to do anything at all. I got lynched because nobody else was playing.

That's essentially what Mac is suggesting right now. It's obnoxious and idiotic and if I get lynched I'm gonna be annoyed and sign up for Colin's heist.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”