Moderator: Community Team

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Vanilla Mafia - Day 2

Post by sprityo »

WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm Seriously though WaywardSon is a glowing red beacon of mafia. The posts are ugly. Y’all can read them and figure it out.
lol Are you considered good at this game? Just wondering.
this is the funniest thing i have read all day :haha:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by reywaS »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm Seriously though WaywardSon is a glowing red beacon of mafia. The posts are ugly. Y’all can read them and figure it out.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] Right, let me do that now
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Epignosis »

Live look at Kanye when Bruce Jenner propositioned him.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lynch Sloonei. He complains about me wrecking the thread that wasn't a thread, but he is doing nothing. He can't do nothing. He's nothing. He's bad. He is parked on me and acting like that's something. Lynch him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am Lynch Sloonei. He complains about me wrecking the thread that wasn't a thread, but he is doing nothing. He can't do nothing. He's nothing. He's bad. He is parked on me and acting like that's something. Lynch him.
I’m still at work
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 am Lynch Sloonei. He complains about me wrecking the thread that wasn't a thread, but he is doing nothing. He can't do nothing. He's nothing. He's bad. He is parked on me and acting like that's something. Lynch him.
I’m still at work
Well I'm not.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Slonnei votes Sprityo

nutella votes Gman

sprityo self votes (we dont need to go over this again)

sprityo votes Sloonei

sloonei votes Epi

reywas votes JJJ

Nutella votes Eloh

Sloonei votes Eloh

--------------

at some point epi votes sloonei as the second vote on him, which is why sloonei voted eloh at the last second to ensure he didnt get lynched

sabie voted reywas at some point
gman votes for JJJ at some point
JJJ votes for Eloh at some point, i believe whenever he calls her bad, so the first vote on Eloh
WaywardSon voted host/non

everyone else didnt vote
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

so there was a 3 way tie between jay, sloonei, and eloh. which sloonei broke

the underlined was everyone who put a vote in thread and was their last vote yesterday
Banners:
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:11 am Live look at Kanye when Bruce Jenner propositioned him.
Some day, Some day
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:42 am so there was a 3 way tie between jay, sloonei, and eloh. which sloonei broke

the underlined was everyone who put a vote in thread and was their last vote yesterday
Yes. What are you thinking?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:23 am
sprityo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:42 am so there was a 3 way tie between jay, sloonei, and eloh. which sloonei broke

i mean. i can't say sloonei looks suspicious because it's technically self vote. but it was a 1/3 chance so i mean :shrug: it's NAI im sure
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

not self vote, self preservation
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Vanilla Mafia - Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

Taking a look at WaywardSon to see what the slumbering King of Fuck Mountain is on about.
WaywardSon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm Checking in. Be back soon. EoD in progress....
WaywardSon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:33 pm OK. As nothing is happening at the moment I will check back in in the am.
Thanks for the updates. A passive entry is not the best look.
WaywardSon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm I have played Several places. Back playing after 10 years away. And to win. :slick:
Let's resume this conversation. Where are these places you've played? Where have you played recently? What's your general approach to the game? What are games like where you come from?
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:16 pm So the thread isn't locked at night?
This is Night 1. WaywardSon contributed exactly 0 thoughts on the game during Day 1 and did not vote. I get that it was slow, but the slowness is not aided one bit by abstaining from things. Another not great look. However, this is their first game here and we might be a bunch of weird freaks who are impossible to read. There's some chatter about the thread not being locked at night. Still no reads.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:30 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm its a weak scumread but what else can i pull from these few pages lmao
/nod
This almost constitutes a read, but only barely. It's weak and I don't like it.

I'm going to assume these are the things that prompted Jay to call WaywardSon out, to which he responded:
Apart from being a beautifully ironic question, this is the opposite of a good defense. Pure ad hominem, doesn't address anything happening in the game. Not that there was a specific accusation to respond to, but WaywardSon doesn't seem intent on drawing those things out of Jay here.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:48 pm I've played enough with MM to know trust his instincts for now.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
This is even weaker than it was the first time.

... and that's it.

I can see reason to read them as scum. But, again, this is WaywardSon's first game with most of us. First games in new places are a weird animal. The obvious concern right now is the total lack of reads. So, [mention]WaywardSon[/mention] if you want to get people to trust you here you're going to have to tell us what you think about the game. Even if you feel like you don't have a clue what's going on, tell us that, and tell us what's causing you to feel that way. We can't trust you if we don't know what's going on in your head. Who do you trust? Who do you suspect? etc.

I am tired as hell and can barely string two sentences together right now. bye.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 am

i mean. i can't say sloonei looks suspicious because it's technically self vote. but it was a 1/3 chance so i mean :shrug: it's NAI im sure
That's probably the right way to read it. Anyone look suspicious?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
WaywardSon
Posts in topic: 41

Post by WaywardSon »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:43 am Taking a look at WaywardSon to see what the slumbering King of Fuck Mountain is on about.
WaywardSon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm Checking in. Be back soon. EoD in progress....
WaywardSon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:33 pm OK. As nothing is happening at the moment I will check back in in the am.
Thanks for the updates. A passive entry is not the best look.
WaywardSon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm I have played Several places. Back playing after 10 years away. And to win. :slick:
Let's resume this conversation. Where are these places you've played? Where have you played recently? What's your general approach to the game? What are games like where you come from?
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:16 pm So the thread isn't locked at night?
This is Night 1. WaywardSon contributed exactly 0 thoughts on the game during Day 1 and did not vote. I get that it was slow, but the slowness is not aided one bit by abstaining from things. Another not great look. However, this is their first game here and we might be a bunch of weird freaks who are impossible to read. There's some chatter about the thread not being locked at night. Still no reads.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:30 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm its a weak scumread but what else can i pull from these few pages lmao
/nod
This almost constitutes a read, but only barely. It's weak and I don't like it.

I'm going to assume these are the things that prompted Jay to call WaywardSon out, to which he responded:
Apart from being a beautifully ironic question, this is the opposite of a good defense. Pure ad hominem, doesn't address anything happening in the game. Not that there was a specific accusation to respond to, but WaywardSon doesn't seem intent on drawing those things out of Jay here.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:48 pm I've played enough with MM to know trust his instincts for now.
This is even weaker than it was the first time.

... and that's it.

I can see reason to read them as scum. But, again, this is WaywardSon's first game with most of us. First games in new places are a weird animal. The obvious concern right now is the total lack of reads. So, @WaywardSon if you want to get people to trust you here you're going to have to tell us what you think about the game. Even if you feel like you don't have a clue what's going on, tell us that, and tell us what's causing you to feel that way. We can't trust you if we don't know what's going on in your head. Who do you trust? Who do you suspect? etc.

I am tired as hell and can barely string two sentences together right now. bye.
OK I'm going to lay it on the line for you and you can do with it what you wish. I signed up cause I was asked to come join indirectly. I played a game with JacksofHearts and liked him as a player. I am trying sites out looking for good games, and to maybe make some connections and find a few players that would join games on my home site as we( and when I say we I mean mostly me as I am doing all the leg work) try to revitalize it after it went dormant after me and some other old players left for various reasons(not problems just life in general.) I talked with several on the discord namely Elo who has already been voted out. I signed up for a game. And waited and waited an waited.
In the meantime I am doing the same thing elsewhere. Talking networking and playing on some sites. Alot of sites. That's where I have played with Mafiamenance at ToS. I also think he played in a game I was in on Mafia Universe. You want me to name them all? Personality Cafe, Mafia Scum, My homesite of Grey Dog Software. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that pop into my head in my hungovered state.
I usually plan out how many games I am in at a given time so I can allot sufficient enough time to play. This game took so long to fill that I lost track of it. So in the last 2.5 days I have had 4 games rand on top of the 4 I was already in. Add to that the one that I will be running as soon as it fills(invitations extended if interested.)
My fault I lost track of this game. Please do not take this as anything other than what it is intened to be(my reason.) I dropped in. Nothing was happening. I don't know how ya'lls games flow. I come back. Nothing. I come back and there's arguing over literally. I don't know if this is normal or what. So I hope that it is just RVS or actual pregame spam. When I check back in figure out that we are actually in phase and there is nothing to go but the stuff I was hoping was just RVS spamming. TL;dr It was late I had just went thru 2 EoDs on MU and had to be up at 4am the next morning.
I have tried to get into this game but it reminds me of the way games are played on a few other sites that I have a hard time following the flow. It would take some time to get use to to actually be of any use to the players in this game. Time I don't have to spare. Not your fault, it's mine. I asked to be replaced, don't know how that will go seeing as it took so long to fill the game in the first place. I apoligize for that. I will take into consideration in the future when it comes to deciding whether or not to sign up on this site the chance that it will take that long to fill. So there it is. I hope that answered the questions you asked. If not ask them and I will answer when I drop in to see if I have been replaced(which is my hope) or not.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Let me ask each of you a question:

[mention]Epignosis[/mention]- I understand your grievances against Sloonei. Thinking beyond Sloonei, do you have any inklings yet as to who he, if bad, is in league with?

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]- What is the justification for you change in opinion about sprityo? ‘Because behavior’ is not a sufficient enough answer. Please give me something tangible.

[mention]MafiaMenace[/mention]- You have experience playing with/against WaywardSon. How does his game read to you so far?

[mention]nutella[/mention]- Think beyond WaywardSon. Who is he in league with and why?

[mention]reywaS[/mention]- Are you buying what Jay is selling?

[mention]sloonei[/mention]- On Day 1, both Eloh and Jay had two votes along with you. You voted for Eloh. You’ve tried to explain your vote for Eloh. I’d like you to explain to us why your mind wasn’t swayed to vote for Jay. What about his posts made him worth keeping around over Eloh?

[mention]SpaceDaisy[/mention]- Where the heck are you? Have you forgotten about us?

[mention]sprityo[/mention]- You mad, bro?

[mention]WaywardSon[/mention]- You have experience playing with/against MafiaMenace. How does his game read to you so far?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

G-Man wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:48 pm Let me ask each of you a question:

@Epignosis- I understand your grievances against Sloonei. Thinking beyond Sloonei, do you have any inklings yet as to who he, if bad, is in league with?

@JaggedJimmyJay- What is the justification for you change in opinion about sprityo? ‘Because behavior’ is not a sufficient enough answer. Please give me something tangible.

@MafiaMenace- You have experience playing with/against WaywardSon. How does his game read to you so far?

@nutella- Think beyond WaywardSon. Who is he in league with and why?

@reywaS- Are you buying what Jay is selling?

@sloonei- On Day 1, both Eloh and Jay had two votes along with you. You voted for Eloh. You’ve tried to explain your vote for Eloh. I’d like you to explain to us why your mind wasn’t swayed to vote for Jay. What about his posts made him worth keeping around over Eloh?

@SpaceDaisy- Where the heck are you? Have you forgotten about us?

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

@WaywardSon- You have experience playing with/against MafiaMenace. How does his game read to you so far?
Troll Face.jpg

No, I’m chill bill. Anything else?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:44 am
sprityo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 am

That's probably the right way to read it. Anyone look suspicious?
....I share I think it was your or Nutella that epi’s antagonizing weirds me out, but I can’t decide if it’s him being town or mafia

He would be my best lead outside of Jay who what appears from our angle to change people’s alignments at a whim (but he says he’s actually hunting)

Then of course we have everyone who isn’t participating. I’m sure there’s one person who didn’t vote yesterday that is scum
Banners:
ImageImageImage
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 299

Post by MafiaMenace »

@Epignosis- I understand your grievances against Sloonei. Thinking beyond Sloonei, do you have any inklings yet as to who he, if bad, is in league with?

@JaggedJimmyJay- What is the justification for you change in opinion about sprityo? ‘Because behavior’ is not a sufficient enough answer. Please give me something tangible.

@MafiaMenace- You have experience playing with/against WaywardSon. How does his game read to you so far?

@sloonei- On Day 1, both Eloh and Jay had two votes along with you. You voted for Eloh. You’ve tried to explain your vote for Eloh. I’d like you to explain to us why your mind wasn’t swayed to vote for Jay. What about his posts made him worth keeping around over Eloh?

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

@WaywardSon- You have experience playing with/against MafiaMenace. How does his game read to you so far?
wayward wasnt that active in the game i played with him
he started off with very minimal content if at all, and he picked it up the closer it came to eod
nfm63

and he was town
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

he started off with very minimal content if at all, and he picked it up the closer it came to eod
nfm63

and he was town
endgame not eod
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

I have played with him in several games. This is how I have seen Town!MafiaMenance play. He is in your face and he did name 2/3 in the last game we played together on day 1. He is good both ways so take that into consideration also. I would lean slightly toward a TR at this point.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:53 pm Then of course we have everyone who isn’t participating. I’m sure there’s one person who didn’t vote yesterday that is scum
Looking at yesterday’s no-votes, that list includes:

Elohcin
MafiaMenace
Spacedaisy
WaywardSon

What do you think of each of them?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

nfm63

and he was town
Played the pony game also. That one was basically blown open on night 1 and it was a matter of getting rid of the scum the rest of the game. And you were scum in the game on MU. Which you were lynched day one.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] Lynching JaggedJimmyJay on Day 1 without any evidence is countrrintuitive to all of my mafia instincts. I wasn’t gonna do that, so I defaulted to Eloh.

There is no further explanation. Ties suck, I didn’t want me to be lynched, and I hated an Elo lynch slightly less. I didn’t expect to have to be in that position.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]WaywardSon[/mention] I can sympathize with being overloaded in too many games at once, and I appreciate you reaching out to our site. Thanks! Also, sorry this one took so long to fill. We had a couple bigger games running at the time, so that probably didn’t help.

However, none of the stuff you said tells me much about you as a player in this game right now. Do you have any independent reads on anybody?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 pm Improper usage of the word "literally" is literally the point of that tendency. I won't say that it is a clever or interesting thing for people to do so, but to render *corrections* is to miss the social queues underlying the trend. The appeal is drawn from that inaccuracy: even when something is not a literal truth, proclaiming that it is a literal truth anyway adds emphasis and levity.

sprityo is bad. I'll see you gang tomorrow.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 am sprityo is good.

Elohcin is bad. Her most recent post is a token "look involved" post. Asking the guy who merely checked in what his thoughts are is futile. [VOTE: Elohcin] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 pm WaywardSon is obvious mafia. Spacedaisy is nothing which is bad as far as I care.

Epi good. Sloonei good. Menace good. nutella good. sprityo good. G-Man good. reywaS good.

There I solved the game. Back to football.

"Human beings in a mob
What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a god?
What's a god to a non-believer who don't believe in anything?
Will he make it out alive? Alright, alright, no church in the wild"
Some day, Some day
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 pm @WaywardSon I can sympathize with being overloaded in too many games at once, and I appreciate you reaching out to our site. Thanks! Also, sorry this one took so long to fill. We had a couple bigger games running at the time, so that probably didn’t help.

However, none of the stuff you said tells me much about you as a player in this game right now. Do you have any independent reads on anybody?
I am going to do some isos as soon as I am not being interrogated in the other games at present moment. Seems the day to question me. Not avoiding just telling you where I am. I post in one, check, check, answer in another, check, skip in night phase, check here. Not your fault and understand the consequences. Just letting you know I am not avoiding. Just trying to make time. And I'm hungry.

Is there an order that you would suggest I begin in? Wad going to begin with you and the other votes tied at the EOD before switching to the only person besides Owner of Lonely heart and Jack that I have any interaction with.

And Collin thanks. Look is so much cleaner now. ;)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]G-Man[/mention]

sprityo hates being suspected when he is a civilian. It gives him diarrhea or something. So naturally I voiced suspicion of him, he threw his toys out the pram, and I thought it looked authentic. I remember him being correctly suspected in at least one game we were both bad in, and he treated it as comedy instead of a cause for getting cranky.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 pm @WaywardSon I can sympathize with being overloaded in too many games at once, and I appreciate you reaching out to our site. Thanks! Also, sorry this one took so long to fill. We had a couple bigger games running at the time, so that probably didn’t help.

I am going to do some isos as soon as I am not being interrogated in the other games at present moment. Seems the day to question me. Not avoiding just telling you where I am. I post in one, check, check, answer in another, check, skip in night phase, check here. Not your fault and understand the consequences. Just letting you know I am not avoiding. Just trying to make time. And I'm hungry.

Is there an order that you would suggest I begin in? Wad going to begin with you and the other votes tied at the EOD before switching to the only person besides Owner of Lonely heart and Jack that I have any interaction with.

Do whatever feels right for you. Don't let us distract you from playing the game your way. :beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Do whatever feels right for you. Don't let us distract you from playing the game your way. :beer:
I was honestly asking suggestions on the order. Not trying to say anything counter to game solving.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 pm

I was honestly asking suggestions on the order. Not trying to say anything counter to game solving.
I've got no suggestions. It's possible any name from the list could yield good results. Epignosis remains my most prominent suspect, but I'm trying to focus elsewhere for now. nutella has been getting mixed reviews from others. You have a special advantage over the rest of us when it comes to reading MafiaMenace.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Checking in is fine and good. Repeatedly projecting one's next arrival is less good. It reveals consciousness of oneself being perceived as a slanker and a desire to avoid that perception.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:48 pm had gotten use to that. Nice to know.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 pm Also could be dangerous. If you are on then you become a target. I wish my home site locked the thread at night.(thats not a complaint just have gotten use to it playing other places.)
Hey wait what, it's the night and the civilians are still hunting for me, what the hell is this?
Not anymore. But I'm giving you this post because you asked. :)

Thanks for showing me though that you know I am a civilian. Let's explore your response.

I, JaggedJimmyJay, a guy with at the time 8 shitty posts and no good vibes in my favor, have just shit in your Corn Flakes. Your Corn Flakes are covered in my shit. The nerve of this JJJ guy, right? He's probably a bad guy trying to capitalize on my being new, or on my being low in reads, or in X.
-- You spent zero words in your response or any ensuing response since exploring my alignment or my motives. You merely suggested I might suck at Mafia -- whether I suck or not, that implies my purpose was to hunt and that you were already aware of that.

So, bad.
Your nutella vote is assigned to another human being who is not you. Accountability, sir. Accountability.

Then you responded at length to Sloonei with a bunch of things that can be completely true and still have no bearing on your alignment in this game.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

ISOed Sloonei. Has strong feelings/read on Epi(not ISOed.) Has been present and by virtue of asking questions of me is at least making the attempt to solve my slot as well as others. There is question to his EOD vote to break the tie between several players one of which was himself. I assume he voted on a PoE order of his. Absolutely nothing I wouldn't do in that situation. If you are town and in that situation you have an obligation to the game to vote to self pres as you know you are town. Hopefully your PoE is where you hit a scum. If not information is gathered. If you are scum then the same applies. You are obligated to preserve to further your wincon. Intentions of this slot will be sorted as the game progresses. As of this point it read nullish to very slight town. Will reassess once all Isos are completed as the T-N-S guage may need tweaking.
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm
Checking in is fine and good. Repeatedly projecting one's next arrival is less good. It reveals consciousness of oneself being perceived as a slanker and a desire to avoid that perception.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:48 pm had gotten use to that. Nice to know.
WaywardSon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 pm Also could be dangerous. If you are on then you become a target. I wish my home site locked the thread at night.(thats not a complaint just have gotten use to it playing other places.)
Hey wait what, it's the night and the civilians are still hunting for me, what the hell is this?

Thanks for showing me though that you know I am a civilian. Let's explore your response.

I, JaggedJimmyJay, a guy with at the time 8 shitty posts and no good vibes in my favor, have just shit in your Corn Flakes. Your Corn Flakes are covered in my shit. The nerve of this JJJ guy, right? He's probably a bad guy trying to capitalize on my being new, or on my being low in reads, or in X.
-- You spent zero words in your response or any ensuing response since exploring my alignment or my motives. You merely suggested I might suck at Mafia -- whether I suck or not, that implies my purpose was to hunt and that you were already aware of that.

So, bad.
Your nutella vote is assigned to another human being who is not you. Accountability, sir. Accountability.

Then you responded at length to Sloonei with a bunch of things that can be completely true and still have no bearing on your alignment in this game.
I don't eat Corn Flakes so that was a wasted effort. I am doing your ISO next. Not with the alpha male responses you have spouted so far I know there will be some sort of I'm a badass I'm going to wreck you response which is fine. You do you and I'll do me. And if you are town then great the scum will have more than their hands full; and if not then, well we'll see...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] I don't know, WS hasn't interacted enough with most players so almost anyone is compatible. Probably not Jay because Jay doesn't hard-bus that hard. I could maybe see WS and Sloonei as w/w since they have been constructing some interactions on this page and I'm not entirely convinced they aren't just theater. On the other hand, he's probably teammates with someone he hasn't interacted with at all, like sprityo or rey.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 pm
I don't eat Corn Flakes so that was a wasted effort. I am doing your ISO next. Not with the alpha male responses you have spouted so far I know there will be some sort of I'm a badass I'm going to wreck you response which is fine. You do you and I'll do me. And if you are town then great the scum will have more than their hands full; and if not then, well we'll see...
this is hilarious.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm ISOed Sloonei. Has strong feelings/read on Epi(not ISOed.) Has been present and by virtue of asking questions of me is at least making the attempt to solve my slot as well as others. There is question to his EOD vote to break the tie between several players one of which was himself. I assume he voted on a PoE order of his. Absolutely nothing I wouldn't do in that situation. If you are town and in that situation you have an obligation to the game to vote to self pres as you know you are town. Hopefully your PoE is where you hit a scum. If not information is gathered. If you are scum then the same applies. You are obligated to preserve to further your wincon. Intentions of this slot will be sorted as the game progresses. As of this point it read nullish to very slight town. Will reassess once all Isos are completed as the T-N-S guage may need tweaking.
like.... what even is this
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:22 pm
WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm ISOed Sloonei. Has strong feelings/read on Epi(not ISOed.) Has been present and by virtue of asking questions of me is at least making the attempt to solve my slot as well as others. There is question to his EOD vote to break the tie between several players one of which was himself. I assume he voted on a PoE order of his. Absolutely nothing I wouldn't do in that situation. If you are town and in that situation you have an obligation to the game to vote to self pres as you know you are town. Hopefully your PoE is where you hit a scum. If not information is gathered. If you are scum then the same applies. You are obligated to preserve to further your wincon. Intentions of this slot will be sorted as the game progresses. As of this point it read nullish to very slight town. Will reassess once all Isos are completed as the T-N-S guage may need tweaking.
can you actually add content to that post instead of shading the guy?
youve been needlessly pointing out posts that are weird to you without a shred of reason
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:13 pm

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

nfm63

and he was town
Played the pony game also. That one was basically blown open on night 1 and it was a matter of getting rid of the scum the rest of the game. And you were scum in the game on MU. Which you were lynched day one.
oh right that game
i wasnt active there because i couldnt bother keeping up
i joined for shits and giggles

the only person i remember from that game is koolkid
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 pm
youve been needlessly pointing out posts that are weird to you without a shred of reason
yeah I like to do that and see if other people agree/see what I'm seeing. take it in the context of my previous post re: ws/sloonei :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

{nobody}
{jagged, wayward, epi, g-man}
{rest}
{nutella}
{nobody}

i would put g-man in the top bracket if i let my gut overrule my reason

im going to iso the most vocal players here in a bit

p-edit:
no, thats not a good enough reason to not provide reason yourself
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm

So, bad.

ISOed Triple J. Took about 3 seconds which is about how long it took him to throw his reads out during a commercial from the playoff game he was watching. I'm going to assume the tone of his posts are the norm for him? His reads are shallow and have no depth. All superficial and the 'tude' only weakens his stance. Depending on the rest of the ISOs will determine the level at which he falls on the PoE. He's a scum lean at best at this point.
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:25 pm
WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:13 pm

@sprityo- You mad, bro?

nfm63

and he was town
oh right that game
i wasnt active there because i couldnt bother keeping up
i joined for shits and giggles

the only person i remember from that game is koolkid
Well after he blew it open Day 2 I was able to ride it to the end cause there wasn't any solving to do. Haven't been able to do that in most games.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 pm
Get the feeling this is the MO. nutella is next
WaywardSon

Post by WaywardSon »

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm @G-Man I don't know, WS hasn't interacted enough with most players so almost anyone is compatible. Probably not Jay because Jay doesn't hard-bus that hard. I could maybe see WS and Sloonei as w/w since they have been constructing some interactions on this page and I'm not entirely convinced they aren't just theater. On the other hand, he's probably teammates with someone he hasn't interacted with at all, like sprityo or rey.
Your ISO is angry response, thats how I play, angry reponse, I provide content, shade, shade, shade, one liner, one liner, I provide context.

Just a question is it the norm on this site to predetermine who is scum and who is town based on past games? If so I guess I understand there are alot of those sites out there. And anyone new coming if sus from the start.

Your ISO is shallow. There's actually so lil content that you can't accurately make a read. It's all shade and reactions. Reads are superficial and weak.
Null until there's actual content.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:29 pm
It is in my view, gauging reactions is a huge part of gameplay
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

nutella wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:51 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:29 pm
It is in my view, gauging reactions is a huge part of gameplay
the post you made tells you nothing
you wanted to see people agree or disagree with you but there is nothing there
you made a post shading wayward, which is a majority of your iso at this point
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WaywardSon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:47 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm @G-Man I don't know, WS hasn't interacted enough with most players so almost anyone is compatible. Probably not Jay because Jay doesn't hard-bus that hard. I could maybe see WS and Sloonei as w/w since they have been constructing some interactions on this page and I'm not entirely convinced they aren't just theater. On the other hand, he's probably teammates with someone he hasn't interacted with at all, like sprityo or rey.
Your ISO is angry response, thats how I play, angry reponse, I provide content, shade, shade, shade, one liner, one liner, I provide context.

Just a question is it the norm on this site to predetermine who is scum and who is town based on past games? If so I guess I understand there are alot of those sites out there. And anyone new coming if sus from the start.

Your ISO is shallow. There's actually so lil content that you can't accurately make a read. It's all shade and reactions. Reads are superficial and weak.
Null until there's actual content.
we do use meta a fair amount, yeah. but new players are definitely not "sus from the start" by default. generally we try to give new players a chance to show us their style and get into the game, but without giving them a free pass necessarily.

if you think my iso is shallow take a look at your own lol. I have reads but they change frequently and that's what my "reactive" posts reflect.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”