Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 415

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 5]

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 pm @Lady LambdaDelta

Take a step back.

I know, it's infuriating. But the site meta here is just like this, and you're harming your own case now.
No. Don't start make snide comments about the Syndicaters. They are, like every community, full of some very lovely people and a few 'not everyone's cup of tea' types. Don't care what your alignment is, don't generalise in a petty way like that.
I don't see how you read that as "snide." The site meta here is a lot more, mmmm... it gives a lot more room for outright lies than I am used to in my mafia games. In 90% of games this whole exchange would be far less frustrating because people wouldn't have to be inferring half of people's arguments from things they can't say outright. The game culture here also is... definitely different from my homesite.

I have no actual personal issues with the Syndicaters, especially not when taken as a group. Please don't read in hostility that's not there.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:19 pm I'mma go watch a movie or something.

Finished my catch up. Processing.
I recommend Doctor Sleep.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Idk why I thought the day ended today. See ya. :ninja:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Take a step back.

I know, it's infuriating. But the site meta here is just like this, and you're harming your own case now.
No. Don't start make snide comments about the Syndicaters. They are, like every community, full of some very lovely people and a few 'not everyone's cup of tea' types. Don't care what your alignment is, don't generalise in a petty way like that.
I don't see how you read that as "snide." The site meta here is a lot more, mmmm... it gives a lot more room for outright lies than I am used to in my mafia games. In 90% of games this whole exchange would be far less frustrating because people wouldn't have to be inferring half of people's arguments from things they can't say outright. The game culture here also is... definitely different from my homesite.

I have no actual personal issues with the Syndicaters, especially not when taken as a group. Please don't read in hostility that's not there.
[mention]Epignosis[/mention]

This is gaslighting.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:03 pm Let me say it a different way, Evenstar and Radishes couldve voted you but that's only two people
You also rallied against me but have dropped that since.

Why?
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:01 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 am
Elephant wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 am Sprityo's Evenstar compilaton is very much her style, and my eyes soon glazed over, but first I saw this line:
3: Honestly, given that Pawn missed the same thing I did regarding the doublevoter, I think you're overestimating how obvious the flaw was.
What was your doublevoter deal? Can anyone tell me more about that?
Oh, yeah. We figure Iaafr is the doublevoter since he pushed Drago but ended up not voting at EoD1.
...what? how does this make sense
It doesn't. It never did. It never will.
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:14 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:01 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 am
Elephant wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 am Sprityo's Evenstar compilaton is very much her style, and my eyes soon glazed over, but first I saw this line:
3: Honestly, given that Pawn missed the same thing I did regarding the doublevoter, I think you're overestimating how obvious the flaw was.
What was your doublevoter deal? Can anyone tell me more about that?
Oh, yeah. We figure Iaafr is the doublevoter since he pushed Drago but ended up not voting at EoD1.
...what? how does this make sense
ya, i already addressed day 3 why it didnt make sense for iaafr to be the doublevoter
Nah.
Together we shredded that.
Don't take all the credit. I spent half of day 3 saying iaafr was bad and the other half saying you are.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:44 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:55 pm Quick post:

Epi, I know it's long, but have you read over my reasons for scumreading Eva? I think it was top of pg 117.

I just find your reasons for TRing her to not be anything very outside her scum range. You've not convinced me I'm wrong about her.
Ah, I did read that. I even commented on it last night.

What I had in another tab was the thing where you were responding in blue.

In a vacuum what you say shows a very suspicious Evenstar. However, in the context of Inception Mafia, I think there are strong points in Evenstar's favor (which I've already given and you've declared insufficient).

I think the biggest thing for me is the answer to this question: Was Evenstar distancing from Dragomir Day 1 and what particular posts make you think that?
Do you think it's possible for her to be bad without being Dragomir's teammate?

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:57 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:26 pm Ok thanks Dom.

So Evenstar, if that's the case, why do you think scum got to choose?
If it's random that would risk the scum player at F3 being their weakest/most inactive teammate, thereby making the game incredibly swingy for no reason, assuming that there was actually a reason for scum to want to win any of the sublayer games.

If scum don't need to try to win the sublayer games, we are just straight up not playing mafia anymore.
This doesn't answer the question in any capacity whatsoever.
Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm Dom can be town

Epi can be weird

but all players who vote for Nutella can get a once in a lifetime free pass for one day.h
you know what, I'm willing to sheep this

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
Why?
Why??
WHY???

You have no scruples. You have no real thoughts or opinions. Whatever gets you from point a to point b is your modus operandi.
Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm This is exactly what happened on D1. I have never seen any explanation of why LLD suspects me. And yet you sheep her. It's really fucking bizarre.
LLD knows what she's doing, and if Texas was the other Mason I'll do FTF's nesquik ramen thing.
LLD does not know shit. I'm town. I don't understand why you're sheepng her when she clearly hasn't even read most of the thread content.
She always latches on to LLD at some point. It's a tactic I guess, but I don't know what it's meant to achieve.
This "tactic" is called "listening to people I respect."
I have a new tactic for you.
It's called "respecting everyone because we're all human beings here and we're all playing a game".
You should try it some time.

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm Nvm dinner time.
big mood
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm Lexi, the only thing you've done this game is insist I'm scum. When I flip town what will you do? I'm legitimately concerned for what it will do to your mental and emotional health.
YIkes.
This is a bad look, nutella.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Take a step back.

@Epignosis

This is gaslighting.
Okay, I admit to not liking you tremendously. But all the people I've hung out with on syndichat I very much recommend.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Take a step back.

@Epignosis

This is gaslighting.
In all seriousness--

Lying: I am not implying anything snide
Gaslighting: I am not implying anything snide. In fact, I love the people I call names constantly and tell to kill themselves because they lie or ask questions in this game of investigation and deceit.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Take a step back.

@Epignosis

This is gaslighting.
Okay, I admit to not liking you tremendously. But all the people I've hung out with on syndichat I very much recommend.
Guess what--

I don't like you either.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]Evenstar[/mention]

why do you suspect nutella?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:55 pm @Evenstar

Bad vote history, she's still alive, LLD suspects her. I see you've already noticed that her responses to pressure are also quite poor.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Bad vote history, she's still alive, LLD suspects her. I see you've already noticed that her responses to pressure are also quite poor.
I think she overreacted to that yes.
Why is her vote record poor, and why does that make her bad?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

If I was scum I'd probably have a better vote record. :meany:

But also like. I voted for the one dead wolf. Idk what you want.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Objectively, my vote record is better than yours.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Take a step back.

@Epignosis

This is gaslighting.
In all seriousness--

Lying: I am not implying anything snide
Gaslighting: I am not implying anything snide. In fact, I love the people I call names constantly and tell to kill themselves because they lie or ask questions in this game of investigation and deceit.
I love certain of you, particularly Mac, Juliets and Mongoose.

As a site I think your customs are bizarre and frightening, but not necessarily bad; they're just very much not what I'm used to.

"Go take a long walk off a short pier" is roughly equivalent to "go jump in a lake" in my local area, and I never intended to tell Epi to kill himself. I realize that may be what I communicated, but seriously, I would never deliberately say that to anyone. I have known multiple actively suicidal people, and understand on a gut level the harm I could do by saying that.

Both you and Epi have gotten on my nerves, but this is because I have problems reading and engaging with your play: in a non-mafia setting I'm sure you're great people, given your associations with Mac, juliets, etc. However, I have poor impulse control and often say things I don't really mean. I am legitimately trying to work on this.

I tried to get LLD to take a step back because it was clear to me that she was over the line in her comments, and I don't want this game to be filled with the same continuing argument from three days ago. It's destroying everybody's attempts to solve, not to mention their overall enjoyment.

Please try to recognize that I'm attempting to broker a peace, here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 615

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 am [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine

I'm with Michelle.
why though, her suspicion is largely based on things she has simply misunderstood from his posts. they have just been talking past each other and misinterpreting every point, it's the most frustrating exchange I've ever had to read. can you explain what you're seeing here because I think it's an unproductive town/town argument
I just think she's a dog with a bone yno.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:01 pm

She's participated in the mislynch of two obvious townies and is still defending her decisions rather than re-evaluating her reads or apologizing for her mistakes.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm with Michelle.
why though, her suspicion is largely based on things she has simply misunderstood from his posts. they have just been talking past each other and misinterpreting every point, it's the most frustrating exchange I've ever had to read. can you explain what you're seeing here because I think it's an unproductive town/town argument
You gonna play or just comment on random shit?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 pm

She's participated in the mislynch of two obvious townies and is still defending her decisions rather than re-evaluating her reads or apologizing for her mistakes.
And?

You had zero accountability for days.
What is better about anyone not in this level's record?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]Evenstar[/mention] I saw what you did and appreciate that you don't want the game thread to devolve into hostile chaos. Thank you for your post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:18 pm

I'm with Michelle.
C'mon man I just woke up and I'm catching up.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

And?

You had zero accountability for days.
What is better about anyone not in this level's record?
I can hardly suspect people based on evidence I cannot see.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 596

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:06 pm If I was scum I'd probably have a better vote record. :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

....That's not what I asked.

What makes her vote record worse than mine-- someone you were convinced was bad just two days ago?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:22 pm

I'm with Michelle.
You been catching up since the phase began?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm with Michelle.
It's been kind of an emotional day.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm @Evenstar I saw what you did and appreciate that you don't want the game thread to devolve into hostile chaos. Thank you for your post.
:hugs:
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 pm ....That's not what I asked.

What makes her vote record worse than mine-- someone you were convinced was bad just two days ago?
... the fact that she has verifiably lynched town?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 pm

And what of the other voters on those trains?

Are they just as bad yet they did not vote for Dragomir?
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Post by Master Radishes »

And now for something completely different.

[mention]nutella[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]Trustworthy Liberal[/mention] [mention]Elephant[/mention] [mention]juliets[/mention] [mention]Hyena[/mention]

Am I right in characterising things this way: Elephant started the vanity wagon and together with mainly T Lib and Hyena powered it through each round?

I admit to at times glazing over and skimming, so I want to know how you guys feel it evolved.

Based on estimated numbers, there are clearly at least two scum amongst you, quite likely more considering you started with 11 in your level. You guys form a grouping that needs solving too.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 pm

And what of the other voters on those trains?

Are they just as bad yet they did not vote for Dragomir?
Nutella and Hyena are the only two players to participate in both town MLs. I don't think it's Hyena.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'd like to hear more from [mention]Long Con[/mention]
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by ColinIsCool »

I have no idea what's going on. I thought I got lynched.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:24 pm

I'm with Michelle.
You been catching up since the phase began?
That's not a fair description of what I've been doing since the phase begun. I've been doing my best. I'm not capable of conducting masterful hunts phone posting though and lots of players are creating a solid gamestate which is allowing me to read, drink beer and pass judgement which I am really enjoying for a change.

Just so you know I only have a computer at work so I am 100% phone posting weeknights and weekends. I'm a 120wpm typist and psychotic so the difference between computer me and phone me is probably as stark as it is with anyone.

Anyway that post you called random isn't random it was literally an answer to a question.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I maintain that they were not "obvious townies" from where I stood. I even thought vanity was town longer than the rest of our group did but was still convinced to lynch him eventually because he looked so scummy at times. I have expressed regret in how those days ended up. I have been trying to reevaluate other reads.

How do you, Eva, currently feel about elephant?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 am
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:14 am
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:00 am @Pawn Lelouch So you're reasonably sure Colin was lynched and you were NKed?

I was excited to play with Colin again since it's been a while but apparently he hasn't participated much and was on people's lists for being a low poster?

Hmmm if that's the case I might actually believe you can be town here.

And that makes me feel all the better about the Eva vote (see: what radish said about her NKing you and nanook)
Considering no one had an actual reason to TR him? When quite literally the best anyone could get on him was that he seemed to out of it to be very agenday with his like 10 1 line posts? With iiafr/Eva/I all basically forming a core, where if it came down to F3 with one of them and another player it was obvious how I would choose?

Yeah, would have been pretty damn hard for me to be the lynchee there. Full disclosure I hadn't voted up Colin that day, I was in my bottom 3 there, but even so I think I can be fairly sure of that.
He isn’t lying, but lemme ask you Pawn, and @ColinIsCool, I’m assuming you were told when you got kicked out of the dream? So if colin was immediately booted back that’d Make sense. Otherwise we’re back to square one and don’t know who was actually lynched. Especially figuring the vote spread favored pawn over colin

Like I said in limbo, “there was no possibly way pawn would beat colin in a lynch if everyone voted honestly”
I don't know what any of this means, but this is the first I'm hearing of myself being "agenday". In fact I've been called completely un-agenday more to my recollection.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:57 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm

If you're so fucking town, and you think I'm town and wrong... go find scum and convince others (and maybe me) they're scum. Ignore me if I'm town.

Boy, that's rich. :haha:
Just because I don't post walls of empty points and shit that mean literally nothing doesn't mean I'm not convincing people or hunting scum.

You think I got 4th in the MU champs because what I'm pretty?

I'm not fucking stupid, stop pretending you're better than me and consider the intention behind Nutella's actions.

Or don't and continue to be superior jackoffs like everyone who apparently knows each other on this site.

Why even invite people for an invitational game if your goal is to disparage other playstyles again?

Fucking jerks
:hug:
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 pm I have no idea what's going on. I thought I got lynched.
You might want to talk to Sprityo about that.

Enjoy your new lease on life.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:32 pm I have no idea what's going on. I thought I got lynched.
You might want to talk to Sprityo about that.

Enjoy your new lease on life.
[mention]sprityo[/mention] sup
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:06 pm This game has been very shouty and insulty.
I really didn't want it to be. I failed in my duty to bring love. :stare:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Well, this is the first time I've ever seen this thread and it's 135 pages long, so, uh. Probably not going to read all that

Evenstar was considered nearly mechanically cleared at one point in a thread I was in so what's up with all the votes there?
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:38 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:06 pm This game has been very shouty and insulty.
I really didn't want it to be. I failed in my duty to bring love. :stare:
I think vanity said he was the aspect of love.

So there's no more love in the game. Some of these bastards lynched it.
Master Radishes
Hitman

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm Well, this is the first time I've ever seen this thread and it's 135 pages long, so, uh. Probably not going to read all that

Evenstar was considered nearly mechanically cleared at one point in a thread I was in so what's up with all the votes there?
No idea. She's my top townread.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Take a step back.

It really isn't. At all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Take a step back.

I like you a lot as a person.
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Take a step back.

Friendship accepted.
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Take a step back.

I taught [mention]112[/mention] everything they know.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm Well, this is the first time I've ever seen this thread and it's 135 pages long, so, uh. Probably not going to read all that

Radishes is still tunneling me, and I dug myself deeper by being cranky and exhausted after a Final 3. Nutella is tinfoiling me on the basis that the janitored Texas Cloverleaf might be Spiny's mason partner.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm And now for something completely different.

@nutella @Long Con @Trustworthy Liberal @Elephant @juliets @Hyena

Am I right in characterising things this way: Elephant started the vanity wagon and together with mainly T Lib and Hyena powered it through each round?

I admit to at times glazing over and skimming, so I want to know how you guys feel it evolved.

Based on estimated numbers, there are clearly at least two scum amongst you, quite likely more considering you started with 11 in your level. You guys form a grouping that needs solving too.
I wouldn't say TL did much. Hyena sure, but in a way that felt genuine to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:40 pm

No idea. She's my top townread.
:biggrin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm with Michelle.
I see now the context of my post lol

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”