Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:20 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:15 pm
Spoiler: show
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm not convincing you anyway. You're not baiting me here.
Fine, I'll try to cut down the sass. I do mean it that I respect you, though.

But we're not lynching Dom today just to see how that makes Michelle look. We are far too deep into this game, and the mafia are doing far too well, to be wasting a lynch on that. Vote for Dom if he's a wolf, not because he's an info lynch.
If Michelle is town, Dom is 100% a wolf, pending Michelle's reaction.
uh what why
TMI= too much information.
He knows i am villager and of course if we succeed to lynch scum Elephant today and proove my read, this post means Dom is indeed scum.
Would you commit to saying that your alignment is always opposite Dom's?
Would me flipping town make you reconsider?
no. I disagree. Associative reads are very bad.
I don't think a connection between any of us can be made.

You are scum regardeless, if you flip town I can hung myself.
Dom can be zero, then.
Unvote Dom.
[VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine
Will switch to either of TLib , nutella, or Long Con for self-preservation and coffee group POE.
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 318
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 5]

Post by Michelle »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm I made succesive attempt to provoke Dom today. No succes. My scumread on him is totally shaking.

I need help here, i need to reread something. brb
I'll take an honest look at Dom later. He's kinda flown under the radar from my perspective.
If you ask me, many Syndicate players are playing less than MUers as post numbers, so what may look as flying under the radar may be just their playstyle.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:47 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:43 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:36 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:59 am
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:53 am
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:47 am
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:43 am By the way, I think the Vig that was in our group is within, like, [TLib, Elephant, and nutella].
Can you explain what's up with the "misread roleclaim" business? The vig might be in that group because nutella talked a LOT about holstering, but I had someone else in mind for that role.
Yeah, I think people kinda thought you were softing cop with a green check on Juliet. That's why Creature instantly backed off of you. It had no bearing on my read on you though, though it seemed like it had affected other people's read on you and Juliets. It's also why I think Nanook told me that I had to include Juliets in the towncore, too, if I included you in it.
Ugh, ok. I meant to imply something else. Apparently nobody caught on to what it actually was, but I wasn't surprised to be cleared off it.
I think you specifically figured out juliets' role and I think that's because you're the mafia role cop and have been using her to your advantage.
What do you think I think her role is?
Or to put it differently, to defend myself here I have to state what I think her role is. Do you ask me to do that?
eh I feel like the less we talk about this role shit the better. do what you want
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:52 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 pm @Evenstar
You mentioned that you'd think LLD would be scum if nutella flipped town. Does that imply that you think the both of us would be scum if Nutella flipped town?
Yep!
Wow.
lol, I want to see where this goes now

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
Ickyyyyy
Yeeeeeeah. >:D
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:39 pm Okay, 100% serious here, I'm probably never lynching TLib this game, and anybody that tries to from this point going forward will be scumclaiming by doing so.
How did you manage to make sense of him?
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:50 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm I made succesive attempt to provoke Dom today. No succes. My scumread on him is totally shaking.

I'll take an honest look at Dom later. He's kinda flown under the radar from my perspective.
If you ask me, many Syndicate players are playing less than MUers as post numbers, so what may look as flying under the radar may be just their playstyle.
That's fair. I keep forgetting to take this into consideration. Thanks!
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:39 pm Okay, 100% serious here, I'm probably never lynching TLib this game, and anybody that tries to from this point going forward will be scumclaiming by doing so.
It's what I was talking about before. Should I explicitly say it?
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

His D0/D1 is super short. I wish I knew what he did on the days we didn't see him.
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:49 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm @Everyone, Elephant wants me to screw the logic of my reads and this is a scum tactic.

let's lynch scum today, thanks for understanding
How does the post below factor into the idea that Elephant and Dragomir are teammates?
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks Drago I'll think through this while eating lunch.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
How can you town read him for a meaningless post?
An invite to roleplay is nothing shading or distancing, I see there a normal convo I would never consider AI.
I don't agree that it's a meaningless post if you read the exchange fully. Elephant essentially shot down Dragomir's biggest angle when there would have been no reason to do so (unless you think someone would look back and give you credit for it like I'm doing, but I don't think that was Elephant's angle).
Epi, Elephant is a smart guy. Was he voting Drago? No. Why? because they are team mates.
That one line post is making him villager?

Why don't you observe his behaviour all game, his shades and non town posts, the refuse to share reads and all he did?

Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm @Everyone, Elephant wants me to screw the logic of my reads and this is a scum tactic.

How does the post below factor into the idea that Elephant and Dragomir are teammates?
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Ok @juliets since you're confused lemme clear up my suspicion against 112. So my belief of there being fake character claims came from this post. The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character? All I can see it is for manipulative purposes to set something up in the future. Unless your role requires the role-play, which I don't think is the case for 112 here.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
An invite to roleplay is nothing shading or distancing, I see there a normal convo I would never consider AI.
Can you roleplay your character? Like, maybe post an avatar and a few lines of dialogue?
I am the Elephant.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:37 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:31 am Jackofhearts2005 tell me please where is your head at today
Towncore :nicenod:
Jack
Nutella
Mac
Michelle (beyond my original sheeped reasons, I like the Elephant push)
Juliets (but like the green ranger, she’s not quite as core as the others but this feels better with five people and there have been no pings)

Probably Town
Eva (mason?)
Iaafr
Sprityo

Probably town but I’m tinfoiling
Dom
Epi
Radishes (I’m aware I have all of the final 3 in probably town and it is a problem)

Nullish
Quin
TL
Colin

Scumish
LLD
Elephant

Scum
LC
Pawn

I’m sure I’ve forgotten somebody but there’s no poll on the full reply.
Thanks, now I see why Dom pushes you. I have a TR on Quin who is nullish for you and Pawn who is your top scum because of their behaviour in the dream thread.
Elephant is lock scum for me after today's interactions and after the day in the dream level with him I gave him high scum equity
I wish for a consensus wagon for scum today.
Tbf to Pawn, my rainbow isn’t really in order.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:55 pm

His D0/D1 is super short. I wish I knew what he did on the days we didn't see him.
Board game days
Dnd
Forum mafia (Just tgis game and ine mash that's done)
Hosting my homesite as I am the most active mod
Getting to know new people on my home site
Drama
Sleep
Eat

That has been my week elephant also cooking atm
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Board game days
Dnd
Drama
Sleep
Eat

Oh and work starting tommorow mon-friday
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

If I had remembered I had asked Dragomir that, and he didn't respond, I might have voted him over 112. But questions people don't answer don't show in their ISO. :(
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Can you roleplay your character? Like, maybe post an avatar and a few lines of dialogue?
nah i saw the movie ages ago and I forgot almost everything so no RP from me about flavour.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: I am the Elephant.

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:40 am Dom Is there a case on Jack having information he should not have?
No.

I guessed a lot of things based on watching the movie. I explained my reasoning for those guesses. Some of those guesses were mutually exclusive. Some of them were wrong.

This doesn’t necessarily make Dom scum because Dom always scumreads me, sometimes for the dumbest of reasons.

Also, I’m unlynchable and towncore so don’t even try.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:31 am Jackofhearts2005 tell me please where is your head at today
Jack
Nutella
Mac
Juliets (but like the green ranger, she’s not quite as core as the others but this feels better with five people and there have been no pings)

Probably Town
Eva (mason?)
Iaafr
Sprityo

Dom
Epi
Radishes (I’m aware I have all of the final 3 in probably town and it is a problem)

Nullish
Quin
TL
Colin

Scumish
LLD
Elephant

Scum
LC
Pawn

Thanks, now I see why Dom pushes you. I have a TR on Quin who is nullish for you and Pawn who is your top scum because of their behaviour in the dream thread.
Elephant is lock scum for me after today's interactions and after the day in the dream level with him I gave him high scum equity
can you please vote for Elephant? I want a scum lynch today. All my scum meters are alerted in his presence.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:11 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:03 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm Radishes, because of everything that happened in D4, plus compelling reasons that I can't share. Willing to let the vig get him though.
Why can't you share with the class? I'm assuming it can't be PR-related, since you're the Mason, so surely you're allowed to, since it will presumaby help the Town solve the game.
If I share with the class I'll be modkilled. I asked. Also, I'm like 99% sure that you specifically already know what it is I'm trying to claim and you're just trolling me.
I have to give you credit, Eva, you don't go down easily.

Being heavily sussed? No problem, just imply some sinister mechanics that no one can prove or disprove to discredit your opponent. :srsnod:

I mean, it's working so far since no one seems ready to vote you. It's impressive.
If I leave the Nutella wagon right now and join Evenstar's, will you join with me?
He'll never lynch me today, even though he scumreads me. I really hope you're seeing what I'm saying here.
....I'm seeing that he's never voting for you but I'm not quite getting it
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:54 pm
No, that's fine.
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:14 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm Radishes, because of everything that happened in D4, plus compelling reasons that I can't share. Willing to let the vig get him though.
Why can't you share with the class? I'm assuming it can't be PR-related, since you're the Mason, so surely you're allowed to, since it will presumaby help the Town solve the game.
If I share with the class I'll be modkilled. I asked. Also, I'm like 99% sure that you specifically already know what it is I'm trying to claim and you're just trolling me.

Being heavily sussed? No problem, just imply some sinister mechanics that no one can prove or disprove to discredit your opponent. :srsnod:

I mean, it's working so far since no one seems ready to vote you. It's impressive.
If I leave the Nutella wagon right now and join Evenstar's, will you join with me?
I think it's fairly obvious my vote is ending up on her today. I was going to play with some other wagons first, but if you insist.

[VOTE: Evenstar] aubergine
hahaha nvm?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Jack
Nutella
Mac

Probably Town
Eva (mason?)
Iaafr
Sprityo

Dom
Epi

Nullish
Quin
TL
Colin

Scumish
LLD
Elephant

Scum
LC
Pawn

can you please vote for Elephant? I want a scum lynch today. All my scum meters are alerted in his presence.
K. [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:03 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:54 pm
No, that's fine.
Like, tell me if you think I'm absolutely wrong, but I'm feeling pretty confident in this right now.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Board game days
Dnd
Drama
Sleep
Eat

I've read your posts but I will not make a case. You come in my town lean based on Iso, feeling and general behaviour. This is from someone who TRed you in many games with succes.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol people are voting Eva again. This is why I hate no claims games.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Board game days
Dnd
Drama
Sleep
Eat

I wanted to know what Dom did in the dream levels that we can't see.
I am the Elephant.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Btw, I think Elephant is a cute gimmick account now that I know it isn’t his main.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Jack
Nutella
Mac

Probably Town
Eva (mason?)
Iaafr
Sprityo

Dom
Epi

Nullish
Quin
TL
Colin

Scumish
LLD
Elephant

Scum
LC
Pawn

K. [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine
Thanks

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Board game days
Dnd
Drama
Sleep
Eat

I actually got some footage of Dom and Iaafr from earlier.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:15 pm

I think it's fairly obvious my vote is ending up on her today. I was going to play with some other wagons first, but if you insist.

nice bluff I think I'll call it

ok what is happening lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol I totally missed that Eva is self voting.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Board game days
Dnd
Drama
Sleep
Eat

what do you want to know from the dreams levels? Ask Dom, he can quote, if I copy paste the quotes will broke.

Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:00 pm

nah i saw the movie ages ago and I forgot almost everything so no RP from me about flavour.
[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
Dragomir was the Forger, an actual character in the movie. He refers to a character to be roleplayed, and that pinged me. You see, I'm not a character, I'm the subconscious aspect of elation. Every town player is the subconscious aspect of something and not a character. This question is a trap, and you just got caught.
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

@evenstar stop self voting if you are villager. If you are wolf or 3rd part you may continue that nonsense.

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Post by Master Radishes »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:08 pm

ok what is happening lol
Chaos-posting. Think X cult.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:06 pm Btw, I think Elephant is a cute gimmick account now that I know it isn’t his main.
Thank you!
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Dragomir was the Forger, an actual character in the movie. He refers to a character to be roleplayed, and that pinged me. You see, I'm not a character, I'm the subconscious aspect of elation. Every town player is the subconscious aspect of something and not a character. This question is a trap, and you just got caught.
respectfully bullsit sir, i am so bad at game mechanics that i didn't fully read the op. not that i can read it with that colour. Ask Juliets when we wolfed together that she had to explain me the mechanics. Your trap is nothing because mafia should have fake claims.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:06 pm Btw, I think Elephant is a cute gimmick account now that I know it isn’t his main.
Thank you!
i agree, and that pic this morning with the little elephant at the water made me laugh for real ^^

Master Radishes
Hitman

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Thank you!
i agree, and that pic this morning with the little elephant at the water made me laugh for real ^^
I've loved the pics so much. They crack me up. XD
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant pocketed all thread with cutesy and natural elephant's majestic presence. Ngl I can see this.

But he is so scummy and he is so happy now that he thinks I made a mistake :p he has a tone so relieved, he cried "Evrika" because he can attack me.

Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:14 pm

respectfully bullsit sir, i am so bad at game mechanics that i didn't fully read the op. not that i can read it with that colour. Ask Juliets when we wolfed together that she had to explain me the mechanics. Your trap is nothing because mafia should have fake claims.
The flavor is in your role card, not in the OP. The OP has a sample vanilla town role card, and yeah, if you didnt read the OP fully, you would have missed it. :p
My point is that you and Drago think of yourself and your scum buddies as characters, and it's not conscious to you that the other players are not characters, because you don't really care about the town flavor. If you need to fakeclaim, you can look it up.But since this question didn't actually cause you to look the fake claim up, you didn't remember the town players aren't characters.
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Poll runs till Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 amPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

No votes Voters: NoneColinIsCool

No votes Voters: NoneDom

No votes Voters: NoneElephant

21% Voters: Jackofhearts2005, Long Con, iaafr, Michelle, nutellaEpignosis

4% Voters: Pawn LelouchEvenstar

17% Voters: Master Radishes, Evenstar, sprityo, HyenaHyena

No votes Voters: Noneiaafr

4% Voters: QuinJackofhearts2005

8% Voters: Epignosis, Domjuliets

No votes Voters: NoneLady LambdaDelta

No votes Voters: NoneLong Con

4% Voters: MacDougallMacDougall

No votes Voters: NoneMaster Radishes

No votes Voters: NoneMichelle

4% Voters: Elephantnutella

4% Voters: Lady LambdaDeltaPawn Lelouch

No votes Voters: NoneQuin

No votes Voters: Nonesprityo

No votes Voters: NoneTrustworthy Liberal

4% Voters: 112No vote / unvote

4% Voters: julietsNo Lynch

No votes Voters: None

Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Thank you!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (166.92 KiB) Viewed 650 times
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]Long Con[/mention], reading your ISO I see that the question below never got answered because "tomorrow" turned into the day that we were rejoined. I noticed you voted for him a couple of times this phase too though you aren't currently on him. Could you answer Elephant's question?
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm
Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:47 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:13 pm
Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm @Long Con , you refer to reading player ISOs in some of your posts, but I didn't get a good impression of your actual solving process. What are you looking for when you' are resolving a player? What about their ISO makes them town or scum to you?
Sometimes I picture what they're saying as coming from a town or scum perspective, and see which feels like a better fit. Sometimes I look and see who a person has been talking about, and who a person hasn't been talking about. Sometimes I look post-flip to see if new information reveals anything juicy in hindsight. :shrug2: I don't have a "method".
Could you walk me through the perspective that Trustworthy Liberal's posts show to you?
Ask me tomorrow
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:08 pm

ok what is happening lol
Chaos-posting. Think X cult.
Or maybe she's 'daring' me to vote her to keep my vote off one of her scummates.

But, like, my vote was always going to be for her, so... :shrug:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:19 pm All of you are on a two-person lynch train. I want answers to the following three questions:
1: Why are you voting for your current target? cause LC’s being opportunistic and I don’t have reason to townread him
2: Why is the other person on your wagon voting for them? Mac? I don’t remember
3: Do you think the other person on your wagon is scum? Why or why not? Nah. Mac is as solidly in his town meta as my thumb is solidly *redacted*
4: How does your read of your partner on this wagon affect your read of your target? It helps me be more confident I guess.
5: If your target flipped town, how would that affect your read of your partner? It would not.

For me, that's:
1: Nutella...
- Has a terrible voting history, having MLed 3 townies in a row.
- Tinfoiled me hard enough to be seriously questioning mech, but her vote on me didn't stick.
- Responds to pressure by trying to discredit her attackers, rather than their arguments.
- Continuously engages with people scumreading her for "no reason", rather than dismissing them as wrong and/or scum.
- Scumreads Pawn, who is my hardest townread in this entire game.
- Is supporting Epi's terrible "there was nothing really on the line in the 'F3', so it was fake" argument, which is blatantly wrong.
- Agrees that Epi might have access to other threads, but refuses to consider the obvious possibility that this makes him mafia. Characterizes this argument as "You think he's scum hinting that he's scum", and implies that I could only think this due to sleep deprivation... while also being one of like two people questioning whether I'm Spiny's mason partner. Why isn't she willing to consider that Epi could be falseclaiming?
- Went along with Dom's ridiculous "Eva is claiming vig" thing as well. Very willing to try to discredit me by whatever means necessary.

This post:
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm Lexi, the only thing you've done this game is insist I'm scum. When I flip town what will you do? I'm legitimately concerned for what it will do to your mental and emotional health.
2: My read is that Lexi's voting for Nutella for similar reasons to mine - to exert pressure on someone with a bad voting history. As Nutella's reactions continued to deteriorate into outright worrying for Lexi's mental health - seriously, that's textbook gaslighting - Lexi just kept digging in her claws and becoming more convinced that Nutella was scum. I agree with her 100%, and I want to see Nutella lynched today.

3: Lexi could still be scum, but her anger and increduilty in her exchanges with Nutella are very real. Her very apparent exhaustion also speaks to my soul; I can see no reason why scum would be exhausted right now, since this game seems like it ought to have been a cakewalk for them so far. If she is scum, getting the flip of one of her major, talons-in targets is the best way I know how to read her.

4: If I thought Lexi was likely to be scum, I would not be on this wagon.

5: If Nutella flipped town, I would instantly suspect Lexi. Outright pushing mislynches is very much in her meta.
But I switched to Elephant so you know.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 pm

The flavor is in your role card, not in the OP. The OP has a sample vanilla town role card, and yeah, if you didnt read the OP fully, you would have missed it. :p
My point is that you and Drago think of yourself and your scum buddies as characters, and it's not conscious to you that the other players are not characters, because you don't really care about the town flavor. If you need to fakeclaim, you can look it up.But since this question didn't actually cause you to look the fake claim up, you didn't remember the town players aren't characters.
Seriously, everyone, am I overthinking this, or is this a scumslip?
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

how on Earth you considered i make a difference between role and character? You know in my language i have exactly the same word "caracter" with a totally different meaning. I try to not let myself fooled by these identical words but words like character are a problem if I don't go to translate and check them.
So you found nothing because I am an idiot illiterate in english. And mafia too by extent.

That don't makes you villager and not makes me scum.

what "subconscious aspect of" means took me a while to understand even after I asked for explanations like I am 5.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 pm Eva-- forget nutella and Epi for a second-- I'm not voting for either.

Who is bad and why?
Radishes, because of everything that happened in D4, plus compelling reasons that I can't share. Willing to let the vig get him though.
Quin, because they've lurked through the entire game and have a wolfy pickup today.
If it's not Nutella, Hyena is very likely scum. If neither of them are, look at Long Con.
112 could still be scum and I'm very tempted to resolve them today. They've felt weird this whole game and they had a wolfy vote earlier.

Never scum:
LLD
Rabbit
Pawn Lelouch
I don’t get this list.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm Lol people are voting Eva again. This is why I hate no claims games.
I'm p sure Quin hinted at being the mason as well, is he scum?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:29 pm
Seriously, everyone, am I overthinking this, or is this a scumslip?
Don't be so happy, is a language slip

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”