mac
alison

idk:
nanook
dunya
lc

scum:
rej

this is not really ordered except where it is :p i feel like my reads are not that ground breaking and idk if that should concern me. it wouldnt super surprise me if im wrong on one of the town leans. i highly doubt there is scum at the very top though
talk to me about nanook. Do you agree re not usiong saves on non nutella people in Night 1? This is a hard request from Nanook. Do you think this is pro town or pro alien? Do you think if Nanook were an alien, they even float this agenda? Do you now wonder if I might be partners with Nanook? If not, why not?

Wonder if other people think WE are potential partners since I asked you to talk to me about another person.
wow ok easy with the wifom uhh

idk about nanook. he hasnt done much, but the things he has said have seemed good. but i know he is a champs caliber player so i dont wanna give him a pass for just saying stuff that sounds good sometimes. i think the “nobody use saves on anyone but nut” as well as his insistence on it is more likely to come from town, but it’s also fakable as scum. i just want more solving and less slanking, but i dont imagine i will get that any time soon. for me, of the ppl i would say are more slanking , im like nanook > LC >>>> rej. i would not be shocked to find one or even two scum in these three, but i think nanook is least likely of them to be scum for his attitude

and no i dont wonder that because i think you’rd very likely to be town and thus dont have partners :p
hes saying stuff thats good and not sure anyone else has said it recently. He might have been the only one that has pushed that agenda of not saving anyone except nutella. I cant remember who first floated the idea and whether anyone else seconded it. Yes its fakeable as scum, but WOULD they say it as scum? Not 100% sure what slanking means, but I assume something like coasting?

Nanook is coasting a bit (and I agree, see my point re asking him to create a list of reads) and we should be applying pressure until we get results.

You should always be suspicious. just FYI, I am well within my mafia range currently. WIFOM that.
why are you doing this to me let me clear you :(

and yea slanking is like coasting. ig its moreso nanook amd LC slanking because they are like here but not really doing much. whereas rej is just missing in action
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 pm what if i protect myself tonight? :ponder:
never protect yourself at night.

There is 1 KP, which is unlikely to go onto Nutella.

if you save YOURSELF, you spend 1 bunker shot, with a maximum result of saving your 3 remaining bunkershots.

Staying alive with no bunkershots have no value to town. Your only value to town is in your bunker shots.

There are 10 bunkers remaining for Aliens to shoot into.

You need to correct 1 in 10 times for your save to be +EV. You onyl get a 3 to 1 reward ratio. Its -EV to save yourself.

Multiple this by other bunkers trying to save themselves, its massively beneficial for aliens if all bunkers save themselves in the night. It gets them closer to auto by being able to kill Nutella because bunkers dont have saves anymore.

This is why Nanook is saying please dont save anyone other than Nutella. I feel this argument drops off as we get to fewer and fewer players and not exactly sure when, but at thios game state I am like 99% sure saving anyone except nutella is bad.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:05 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 pm what if i protect myself tonight? :ponder:

if you save YOURSELF, you spend 1 bunker shot, with a maximum result of saving your 3 remaining bunkershots.

Staying alive with no bunkershots have no value to town. Your only value to town is in your bunker shots.

You need to correct 1 in 10 times for your save to be +EV. You onyl get a 3 to 1 reward ratio. Its -EV to save yourself.

Multiple this by other bunkers trying to save themselves, its massively beneficial for aliens if all bunkers save themselves in the night. It gets them closer to auto by being able to kill Nutella because bunkers dont have saves anymore.

This is why Nanook is saying please dont save anyone other than Nutella. I feel this argument drops off as we get to fewer and fewer players and not exactly sure when, but at thios game state I am like 99% sure saving anyone except nutella is bad.
ok, but im probably gonna do it anyway because i can :p
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:08 pm

well now you said it, its wifom for aliens, but please dont actually.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

my sole mission is this game is to bury rej and i must be alive D2 to see this through
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:09 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:08 pm

well now you said it, its wifom for aliens, but please dont actually.
im gonna because they will think i wont. they are powerless :p
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

aliens are likely to put KP on scummier towns to reduce chance of hitting a save target anyway imo. Since the towncore cant vote meaningfully anyway, aliens are incentivised to reduce total bunker saves asap. They arent incentivised to shoot the towniest towns. You are pretty high up there imo.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I mean, if nutella has pre-determined their next day shot, that target could save in the night if they want, but thats asking a lot from Nutella since they lose a whole extra 24 hours of game time to make a read.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 pm I mean, if nutella has pre-determined their next day shot, that target could save in the night if they want, but thats asking a lot from Nutella since they lose a whole extra 24 hours of game time to make a read.
its ok rej doesnt have saves anyway :p
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm aliens are likely to put KP on scummier towns to reduce chance of hitting a save target anyway imo. (snip)
disagree, if they kill the scummier towns they just make our POE cleaner and easier
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if the aliens don't kill a single consensus townread bunker on the first 3 nights

we will just win the game by consecutively lazering an alien every night

(imo)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:19 pm
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm aliens are likely to put KP on scummier towns to reduce chance of hitting a save target anyway imo. (snip)
disagree, if they kill the scummier towns they just make our POE cleaner and easier
i think the aliens should listen to proto :p
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i feel like we should save the bunker shots for the even nights the most.

we can't just make a nice and tidy 3 (4?) ppl protection squad for nutella. we would need a lot more.

also i dont rly understand why dont we just have our consensus townreads protect nutella?

but w/e i dont wanna debate about that
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

sooooo who is saving nutella tonight? epi already did, who else? so we can keep track of those shots
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Rej »

wow guys I am catching up and I was overwhelmed, I couldn't really participate in the past 23 hours because I had an appointment at the dentist and she destroyed my whole mouth tho, I feel wasted and one or two different rundowns would be nice
especially maybe one from [mention]nutella[/mention] , I will try to catch some posts while catching up, I saw I got massively quoted
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:38 pm sooooo who is saving nutella tonight? epi already did, who else? so we can keep track of those shots
nutella asked you and nanook and carotte to protect her tonight
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:19 pm @Rej i am begging you to post
I am not avoiding the game, I just visitted the dentist after work and thus such a void got created, I am overwhelmed, but I try my best!
please don't worry about it
also I really dislike night talk but phew...whatever
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:38 pm sooooo who is saving nutella tonight? epi already did, who else? so we can keep track of those shots
i know, but also epi protected her already despite that plan so like, is that still the plan.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Rej[/mention] dentists suck! feel better <3
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:48 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 pm
i know, but also epi protected her already despite that plan so like, is that still the plan.
i would personally love it if you do protect her since you're my biggest townread out of that trio and you are what's making me relaxed that we won't embarassingly lose night 1
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by Rej »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:18 pm Rej looks like a Soneji teammate to me.

"This post looks awful."
"I agree with the heart of it. Here's one little thing I would change."
"Talk to me about Epi."
this is utterly biased wifom my friend, this is your interpretation of stuff, "agree with the heart of it"???? I just felt like his PoE was false
why does it make me scum? that is a big no

you look good with your tinfoily mindset and then you try to fit it a narrative, for once you are wrong here
and now help me properly to catch up so we can town(hopefully) together
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:48 pm @Rej dentists suck! feel better <3
thanks, I had two open sittings and we decided to do both in one, a hole to the right and a hole to the left, but now I am gucci :llama:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

rej may not have towniness, but he's got plenty of swag
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:29 am Page 13-14
Rej wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:45 amOh btw, maybe you should know that Dragomir and me come from the same forum. Sometimes we read each other correct D1, even if one of us scum and the other is town.
I wouldnt be optimistic if someone else would be the lynchee. Lmao.
I was kind of waiting for your take on Drag. Do you still have a scum read on Drag/Mac?
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:05 amDyslexicon – I feel like they might be intentionally trying to look not massively town and aim for the middle of the pack between town and alien to avoid getting night KP on them.
Words hurt.
I'm literally playing straight up town. @Hally - Look what can happen here! Last game I played they even yeeted SuperTown!Scirrus. Like, when Scirrus is Scirrus and can't be anything but town. It's fun, really. =p

Also, I read that you speculate if scum has some master plan strategy from their scum chat. And not that it matters too much, but I'd advice against going too deep into those assumptions. It rarely ever happens that scum has some grand plan to execute as that often just looks awkward. /cents.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:44 am Yeah you can call me Carotte, it's my usual pseudonym!
Sure I'll iso him
@tutuu Did you know she was Carotte?

Also, hi, Carotte from champs =p
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:39 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:15 am I'm fucking town
Is that an adjective or a verb? :ponder:
Whatever your prefer, darling. :grin:
tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm Also @ soneji calling me plan too wolfy to be a wolf

I gave up on arguing cuz no point, but my rng plan is still objectively the best. u guys are just still learning to crawl, when you think that you are learning how to walk, when your objective is to learn how to run, and thats why you cant comprehend that i fly.
I actually almost supported your RNG plan on the grounds that it's probably the objectively best plan. But it's also something that doesn't attract human brains. =p
Rej wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:21 pmthat vote is wasted on my slot, rather vote Mac or your new fresh suspect Alison, also I don't feel threatened, I am still catching up

you always keep on saying "not towny" "not towny"...can you go into depth? if you are so sure you can already give me a micro/macro read or even two
I can't go in depth cause I don't really know. I just want you to play more really. Which you are, so good on you.
You also put me in your scum pile though, and I don't know why. But shrug. You're here. I love you.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:15 pm @bimbo was replaced by @Hally
:omg: :omg: :omg:

Praised be!
If Hally is scum we're all fucked
Will try to post more D2, it is 23:56 here in germany.
If I still do read Mac as scum? IDK, I will have to rethink it D2 I still don't have any EoD context
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Oh so what are the votes used for now? nutella didn't shoot any voted? :pout:

EoD was confusing hence, why am I suspected to be scum? I feel there is a cultural misunderstanding.

UPDATE: will keep my PoE from yesterday, GTH I feel not much will change until D2 is running
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Rej wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:44 pm wow guys I am catching up and I was overwhelmed, I couldn't really participate in the past 23 hours because I had an appointment at the dentist and she destroyed my whole mouth tho, I feel wasted and one or two different rundowns would be nice
especially maybe one from @nutella , I will try to catch some posts while catching up, I saw I got massively quoted
oh good im glad youre here! sorry about the dentist, hope youre ok
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Rej wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:06 pm Oh so what are the votes used for now? nutella didn't shoot any voted? :pout:

EoD was confusing hence, why am I suspected to be scum? I feel there is a cultural misunderstanding.

UPDATE: will keep my PoE from yesterday, GTH I feel not much will change until D2 is running
what was your poe from yesterday?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Rej wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:06 pm Oh so what are the votes used for now? nutella didn't shoot any voted? :pout:

nutella shot soneji and they flipped maf

the votes in the poll dont do anything, nutella always decides
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it’s nut’s world we’re just living in it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i just read macs iso and my conclusion is that nobody who is this funny can be scum. i wont allow it
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

I could think of someone else who would need this if I use my imagination :noble:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm it’s nut’s world we’re just living in it
This world is nuts

Am I as funny as Mac now? :noble:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:31 pm
I could think of someone else who would need this if I use my imagination :noble:
i dont think that applies here because apparently you are not obv town to everyone for some reason :p
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Epignosis »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 am idk if im convinced by that case. i agree that proto’s liiiiiiight townread of soneji for his first post wasnt deserved but idk that it strikes me as s/s. and dropping soneji to null after some time had passed and soneji hadnt posted again is reasonable given the town lean was very slight to begin with. the stuff right at EoD where he was like “dont shoot soneji shoot epi and if soneji is maf shoot me” is maybe negative against him because it seems almost intentionally wifomy. but it seems silly to go for that when there was really no point and it was more likely to make him look bad than anything. im not sure what he would think hed gain there
I think it's a load of bollocks.
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 am Epignosis – hard alien – it’s a vibe thing, cant explain it.
No effort made whatsoever here. But I am for certain a "hard alien."
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 am Soneji – null to very very light town for having looked into strategies as could have done it for either alignment.
This is qualified so many times over I could write a politician's speech with it.

"very very"

Not one "very" will do. Two are needed. We need to be sure we understand that protocultures' stance on Soneji is not to be taken seriously.

"light town"

Again, we need that adjective in there to ensure that people are clear this isn't one to take to the bank.

"for having looked into strategies"

I looked into strategies. I discussed and debated them. I got no such credit for this. Instead, I'm judged guilty due to "vibes." Soneji had maybe, what, half a post at the time?

"as could have done it for either alignment."

Just in case we aren't clear that protocultures isn't happy with calling Soneji good, we have this additional (and awkward) phrase to further hedge from the stance taken.

This is a teammate, folks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:31 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm it’s nut’s world we’re just living in it
This world is nuts

Am I as funny as Mac now? :noble:
not with jokes like that :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:35 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 am idk if im convinced by that case. i agree that proto’s liiiiiiight townread of soneji for his first post wasnt deserved but idk that it strikes me as s/s. and dropping soneji to null after some time had passed and soneji hadnt posted again is reasonable given the town lean was very slight to begin with. the stuff right at EoD where he was like “dont shoot soneji shoot epi and if soneji is maf shoot me” is maybe negative against him because it seems almost intentionally wifomy. but it seems silly to go for that when there was really no point and it was more likely to make him look bad than anything. im not sure what he would think hed gain there
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 am Epignosis – hard alien – it’s a vibe thing, cant explain it.
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 am Soneji – null to very very light town for having looked into strategies as could have done it for either alignment.
This is qualified so many times over I could write a politician's speech with it.

"very very"

Not one "very" will do. Two are needed. We need to be sure we understand that protocultures' stance on Soneji is not to be taken seriously.

"light town"

Again, we need that adjective in there to ensure that people are clear this isn't one to take to the bank.

I looked into strategies. I discussed and debated them. I got no such credit for this. Instead, I'm judged guilty due to "vibes." Soneji had maybe, what, half a post at the time?

Just in case we aren't clear that protocultures isn't happy with calling Soneji good, we have this additional (and awkward) phrase to further hedge from the stance taken.

its more convincing when you put it this way :ponder:

idk if im sold though, but luckily it doesnt matter what i think. i dont have the gun :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am Epi immeadiately locking in a save for Nutella at the start of N1 when we had done math on 3 rng saves is extremely scummy.
I don't care about math. I care about protecting my captain.

I also don't care about being "extremely scummy." :feb:

I'll dig into the wall of nonsense from which this brick was extracted after supper.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i kinda like that this setup removes some of my agency because now i dont have to be nervous about making decisions. nut will make them for me and we will win because nut is GOAT
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm i kinda like that this setup removes some of my agency because now i dont have to be nervous about making decisions. nut will make them for me and we will win because nut is GOAT
If only spec chat could see me now :feb:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:35 pm

"very very"

"light town"

So you analyse a one liner read on someone with one post from day 0 to the nth degree and decide this is for sure partner on partner interaction. Yeah okay buddy.

protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 am After having looked at it again, that stuff is rather meh Tbh a lot of Epi's reads in this game have been him arriving to firm conclusions off pretty random things. Quite a few times he's taken a firm stance on someone and my immediate response was "really guy"? His response post flip was a bit weird too. He's well within his mafia range.
This. This right here.

This is the smoking gun example of Epi arrving at a firm conclusion off pretty random things.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:43 pm current GTH reads

Alison - town (it's a weak one but i read their iso)
Hally - town (i like their eagerness and push from me, but i hven't read their iso yet)
Carotenoid - alien (feels way too reserved, read their iso, also the player salad)
MacDougall - alien (the ate gets to me but im not fully swayed, did not read their iso)
Dyslexicon - alien (just feels too much on the defensive and could be thread environment, did not iso yet)
Epignosis - town (read their iso, and despite the coffee tell. i know epi drinks coffee around 8am every day, eloh tells me so :p ). i just remembered the last time i lock towned epi in that one game as leetic's partner and he was mafia. rip.
Long Con - town (idk, i think LC loves rolling alien and puts up more of a contribution. also he seemed genuinely bugged by my day 0 suspicions that felt more townie than alien, so i'm gonna go with town)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town (not too much meat in their iso, but i realize the game culture nanook comes from now lol)
protocultures - town (the emotion in several of his posts seem very genuine to me, but i could swing both ways here, have not read his iso yet)
Rej - alien (very low presence, dislike, read their iso)
TonyStarkPrime - alien (this is probably my weakest alien feel cos i think most of his posts are town, but the inconsistencies in his reads bugs me without actual thread development, skimmed his iso tbf, he has a lot of posts)
tutuu - lock town
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:56 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:04 pm dunya, I mentioned above a bit that I had basically the whole game as null or town. Caro is one of the players I think is suspicious, based on what I raised above about her progression on me. I might have better/firmer scumreads for you after I re-eval but as it stands my PoE is something like [Caro, LC, Rej] or something. Basically just Caro + two people I can't read. Everyone says Rej is scummy but frankly my eyes glaze over so hard when I read the stuff he writes I can't form an independent opinion on him so.
can you take the player list and gun to your head, assign each player as either town or scum?

its a neat exercise where we decide GTH without lots of facts and evidence to back up our reads, what our intuition says.

i love it tbh
This is very far from my usual style but, gun to my head: LC scum, Caro scum, Rej town out of that PoE. For some reason I want to say Dizzy scum even though their mindmeld with me makes me townread them and my feeling towards them is town in general. I don't know why. Everyone else is town probably.

Don't ask me to justify any of this, it's pure guesswork. :P
These GTH read lists are terrible, especially dunya's, so many "but... but..."
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ngl proto's boomer memes are kinda cute

like it's just obvious that he is innocent in terms of not spending so much time on the internet like the rest of us degenerates. so its kinda cute
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am Epi immeadiately locking in a save for Nutella at the start of N1 when we had done math on 3 rng saves is extremely scummy.

I'll dig into the wall of nonsense from which this brick was extracted after supper.
Great, so you plan to notify of a save onto Nutella every night because they are your captain. On Day 5, you will have no bunker saves left, which means aliens never need to kill you. You gave yourself license to live all game and are openly saying you will play in the scummient way possible. And you know what, someone will probably townread you for this.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Great, so you plan to notify of a save onto Nutella every night because they are your captain. On Day 5, you will have no bunker saves left, which means aliens never need to kill you. You gave yourself license to live all game and are openly saying you will play in the scummient way possible. And you know what, someone will probably townread you for this.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:23 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:22 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:18 pm this "you'll all regret shooting me" stuff from epi is super forced

epi, dys, drago and one more
What does "forced" look like when it isn't "super forced?"
for one, I think the "you'll all regret shooting me when I flip town" attitude comes from town most often when they are actually about to die. like l-1 with thread consensus to kill them in a regular game, or when the laser gun operator has announced their intention to shoot them in this game.

this mindset generally comes from frustration at the fact that they're being unfairly killed even though they are town, along with the bittersweet knowledge that they'll shortly be revealed to be town and then everyone who suspected them is going to have egg on their face. it only makes sense if you're actually about to die, otherwise that frustration and gloating attitude doesn't occur.

i think you are faking it in order to get townread for that attitude
In this setup, I don't need to fake anything to get "townread" from any of you.

I just need to fool nutella. I know how to do that plenty. :)
discussion in the thread can bias nutella. if everyone in the thread is talking about how townie you are and how your attitude makes you more likely to be town, that increases the % chance that nutella doesn't shoot you. conversely, being read as town means people are more likely to listen to your reads so you can push mislasers or just lead town astray. the idea that the way this setup works means scum doesn't benefit at all from trying to look town in front of everyone is a hot lie
My goal is to bias nutella.
literally open wolfing and being townread by so many people
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:59 pm
Soneji wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:57 am
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:34 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 am
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:24 am I think we should have at least 3 people saving nutella on any given day. The rest can be up to whatever people wanna do and leave it as a mystery for the aliens to misfire. Hunting through nk is hard at this stage if we want to preserve saves. So we can do regular hunting and I think we already have lots of good content to go through.
How do we go about selecting those 3 ppl?
Tony thinks our scummiest 4 should protect her. We coordinate that itt. I understand why, but my scummiest 4 could be the whole maf team gg y'all ;p but yeah, for a day 1 strategy it makes most sense.
I think it works only for a n1 strategy, as the scum team would have to be exactly the bottom #2-5 of the PoE for us to lose there(the very bottom #1 gets blasted by nutella).
Teammate interaction.
Soneji wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:57 am
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 am Hello fellow players. First forum game for me, I am a fairly new mafia player but have played on DM a few times and play the occasional voice/text game over discord. I live in GMT timezone so will probably be out of sync with a lot of you. I draft in word and paste into the forum so hopefully the formatting doesn’t go into the toilet. As editing posts is forbidden, I may repost if this turns out to be a problem.
The setup is new to me, so I will state a brief understanding of how this works below. If other people have a different view/better understanding, it would be great if people (or the mod) could let me know.

10 bunkers with 4 saves each who don’t know anything other than Nutella is the Laser.

4 aliens who have perfect information.

Odd nights – 1 alien KP.

Even nights – 2 alien KP till 2.

QUESTION – if player x saves themselves, or player y saves player x, and the town laser is shot at player x, does the laser go through the bunker save?

QUESTION – This is a day 0 start, so does laser get to shoot at the end of Day 0? Does it go to Night 0 or Night 1? This is important to work out alien KP and how many saves should be on Nutella.

QUESTION – can aliens no shoot in the night?

I feel like there is a mathematically optimal solution to this game for every night but I am not smart enough to figure it out.

My proposal for Night 0 or Night 1, depending on which it will be is set out below.

We want the minimum number of saves on Nutella but with some math behind it. These saves should be selected and made public by Nutella and all players who are nominated by Nutella to save Nutella should indeed save Nutella with no exceptions. They need to confirm receipt of the message and confirm they will save Nutella, or Nutella needs to re-nominate someone who has seen their request. This should be entirely elected by Nutella and not depend on people saying they will save Nutella – ie picking into Dunya/Epignosis without rnging them is bad.

The other players should make their saves or no saves in secret, but claim them at the start of the next day along with reasons. Town should never lie about their saves in the night and I am a firm believer of laser all liars in this setup.
If aliens have 1 night KP, I suggest 3 nominated saves and if aliens have 2 night KP, I suggest 4 nominated saves.
See some napkin math below which might be wrong, but lets see if I can still remember combinatronics.
1 Alien KP – need to ensure we land AT LEAST 1 town save, so this is basically any outcome except 3 aliens in the 3 nominations. This is 1 minus (4/14 x 3/13 x 2/12) = 1 – 24/2184 = 98.9% Laser lives through the night. I can accept a 1.1% loss in first night if the benefit is that we get to not waste additional bunker saves.
2 Alien KP – need to ensure we land AT LEAST 2 town saves. This gets a bit harder so please flame me loudly if there is an error in the math so we can try and fix it before we nominate saves (assuming I can get laser and town to buy into my plan).
With 4 nominations, there are 5 outcomes with the following distribution:

4 aliens: 4/14 x 3/13 x 2/12 x 1/11 = 24/24,024 = 0.1% (we lose first night with no saves on Nutella)

3 aliens, 1 town: 4/14 x 3/13 x 2/12 x 10/11 x 4 combos = 960/24,024 = 4 % (we lose first night with 1 saves on Nutella)

2 aliens, 2 town: 4/14 x 3/13 x 10/12 x 9/11 x 6 combos = 6,480/24,024 = 27% (we land 2 saves on
Nutella)

1 alien, 3 town: 10/14 x 9/13 x 8/12 x 4/11 x 4 combos = 11,520/24,024 = 48% (we land 3 saves on Nutella)

4 town: 10/14 x 9/13 x 8/12 x 7/11 = 5,040 /24,024 = 21% (we land 4 saves on Nutella)

I am okay with 4.1% loss in first night.

My current reads/leanings. Cant necessarily justify them all, because its not always rational or justifiable. Its just how their posts make my gut feel.

Alison – hard town. Thinks Epignosis is alien, and agree re full list of saves being anti town.

Bimbo – no posts.

Carotenoid – light alien read for the short intro. Good to know Mac would agree.

Dragomir – null to light town.

Dyslexicon – null to alien for no solve in 3 posts. “game” doesn’t count and I believe is just to appear non-coaster.

Dunya – started off towny, but then slips into hard alien with the later posts. Implied statement that Carotenoid is town “Can't wait to see your super shiny townies self! ;)”, and the hard tunnel onto LC at the start of day 0. Might be a meta thing I just have no idea but could also just be distancing. Then claims laser will be fine because Dunya/Epi will be using their save onto the laser. “2 people. You'll be fine. I promise. Epi and dun got ur back gurl”. This would be fine if they were both exactly town, but how does anyone else know they are both town? We don’t. “We publicly make a list of who protects who. When someone dies we know who lied” – this is also super alien. We should mix the saves into public and private so the aliens do not have perfect info on saves. Dunya in later posts moves back into town. My head hurts.

Epignosis – hard alien – it’s a vibe thing, cant explain it.

Long Con – Alien. Cant believe they called themselves a bunkerman instead of a bunker person. Consider myself triggered. Gets slightly town for thinking that having no saves left day 5 onward is bad but not that much. “We have to assume the aliens will try to kill nutella every night. We will non-randomly arrange protects to ensure, and insure, that she has multiple layers of protection each night. We will do this in a way that eliminates the possibility of unfortuitously picking all aliens to protect her.” Seems towny but to eliminate the possibility of picking all aliens, we need to use a LOT of bunker saves every even night. Also thinks aliens will be trying to kill the laser every night. I hard disagree and think aliens will leave the laser alone all game since its way easier to kill all the bunkers and win that way. On a meta read without ever having played with them, I simply don’t believe someone with 13k posts would think the aliens would be trying to kill the laser every night.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME – light town for thinking a protection scheme can/should exist. Does not want rng factors into the saves onto Nutella and prefers a set scheme TBC. The arguments with tutu re “trolling” seems town on town to me.

Nutella – LASER

Protocultures – the towniest town that ever towned in the history of townhood

Rej – thinks Dunya, Alison and Tutuu are town GTH. No idea what GTH means but I kinda like their town circle.

Soneji – null to very very light town for having looked into strategies as could have done it for either alignment.

TonyStarkPrime – Null to alien. The strategy of 4 most scummy players onto Laser is bad since if we get 3+ aliens, we insta lose. I much prefer a random 4 than we pick the 4 scummiest, especially since aliens will then try to look scummy intentionally.

Tutuu - Medium town. Wants to know if laser gets to shoot Day 0. Wants town to mass rng saves onto the laser and thinks its okay to lose a non-zero percentage on first night to increase overall town win percentage by not blowing all the bunker saves the first 4 days. I agree with this concept. Tutu thinks Dunya is light town and LongCon is town. I think its weird that Tutuu reads LongCon as town for subjectively incorrect logic, but it seems genuine.
The effort shown here, and in their many other posts, along with a solid progression on their reads puts proto as very likely town. I think the best look of all is this first post, where I would think an over eager, new to forum mafia wolf, would just think about impressing with their mechanics/math and forget to actually give proper reads but proto went above and beyond.
Horseshit.

"along with a solid progression"

There's no progression. This is one post. Soneji talks about nothing in it.

That said I consider this to be proto's favor, but I would want nutella to consider the teammate potential here. Frankly I think Soneji is kissing ass.
internal inconsistent with me being partners with Soneji
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

If you iso Epi's posts, its all just nothing. 50% are random comments unrelated to the game. 10% are "my cpatian my captain". 10% "I dont care if you think im scummy only Nutella decides the shots". Theres nothing towny about them. Just random comments about this person being scummy, or that person with very little backup behind it. There is no plan for town, only their individual plan of saving Nutella every night which doesnt achieve much of anything other than guarantee they have no bunker saves left after 4 nights. The first post they made with any effort/evidence/"logic" is the convoluted forced argument that a one liner read I made makes me partners with Soneji, which is inconsistent with their own earlier take. How is the majority of this game townreading Epi. I just cannot fathom it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am Ok, lemme do some defence before I work through the new posts that happened overnight.

I dont think there is anything weird about giving a null to very very light town read to someone with one post who said they looked into optimal stratgies for this setup. If you are town, this seems a reasonable thing to do and if you are alien, why would you tell anyone you are looking into strat. Thats where my logic was at. It was a null to very very light town. I wouldnt read too much into it.
I talked about "strat" (I own a Strat by the way :nicenod: ). Yet to you I'm a "hard alien." Nah.

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am My second take that they are null and hoping they post more or get mod killed is also normal to me. It is entirely consistent with a null read where the person had at the time made one post.
Fine.
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 amEoD - I am not so much defending Soneji as saying there were better shots imo. I was kind of shocked they flipped alien, but whatever.

People are saying my EoD was too wifom. I was just responding to Nutellas request to give our input knowing that they were likely to shoot Soneji.
I don't object to this. Mistakes happen.

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am Consider this. prior to my posts going into EoD, I was almost universally townread. if I am alien and know Soneji is the likely shot with flips on, I do not make these posts. Ever.

Some of you will say "thats wifom again".

Consider this. Would I prefer to be almost universally townread in a setup where its 2KP until 2, and let Soneji die quietly OR make a deflection post and put myself in the mix for day 2 lasering because because can say "you are alien using wifom". Thats the real choice I would have to make as an alien, and thats the choice you need to decide whether I made. The alternative is that I am town, thought Soneji was not the best shot for the day, and pushed my view on the better shot.
Consider this: Your treatment of me has been antithetical to figuring me out. From my perspective, you don't care to figure me out, which means you are bad. It's really that simple. That I got "hard alien" despite talking mechanics and Soneji got "very very light town" for one post looks like you really don't give a damn about my alignment.
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am
My interaction/proposals for Epi still gained some info on the gamestate since Epi and I both are kind of okay with getting shot as long as the other gets shot next day. Strictly speaking this is not a hard difference check but rather makes it unlikely we are both aliens together. Lemme know people's thoughtson that. If you say THAT is also wifom, then basically posting anything is wifom and you have pre-determined I am an alien.
I'm not okay with getting shot as long as you are. I didn't say that. You said that.

I think your team informed you that I would likely be protected and you need nutella to shoot me first to get this annoying asshole Skeletor out of your hair. Then you can die happy knowing you took one for the team.
I still townread carotenoid for finding the issue with the mixed save strat. I townread them slightly independent from that based on their posts.

Hally seems pretty damn town to me.
Okay.
Epi immeadiately locking in a save for Nutella at the start of N1 when we had done math on 3 rng saves is extremely scummy. It just makes it likely for people to waste bunker saves since we cannot use their save in the rng for the results to work out. I will say that hitting an alien in the first day makes the math much more favourable to town since its now 3/13 x 2/12 x 1/11 for us to rng 3 aliens exactly which is 6/1,716 which is 0.35%. We still cant use Epi's save to get this outcome because they self selected. Epi knows this which is why its was extremely scummy to lock in a save before Nutella nominated the savers. People wanting to apply more than 3 saves I think are aliens, since it wastes bunker shots, but maybe they hadnt done the math. The math has been done above for you. There are 13 non Nutella players left. There is one combo of hitting all three aliens back to back. Thats 0.35%. If people still want to push for a night protection scheme that uses any more than 3 saves in Nutella, (such as bottom 3 POE plus one for example), I just think you are really really bad at math. We already have to use 4 since Epi locked in a save.
nutella needs to be unprotected and shot one time and I lose.

There's all the math I need.

One.
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 am I also think doing isos on Soneji post flip to scumhunt/clear people is pointless to bad in a game where aliens have full chat knowing there are flips. Again, another thing that Epi has done. Basically a lot of people are townreading Epi and I cant see it. if its based purely on meta and not on their posts for this game, can people let me know who they are so i can silo their read on epi off from my read on them.
I should be shot because I'm trying to figure out who Soneji's mafia teammates are by...examining Soneji's posts? How is this any different from any other Mafia setup?

Return to “Previous Heists”