Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:50 am LC attacking Epi and tutuu for horrible reasons here is super bad and I think it is the scummy kind of bad. Town tunnels tend to be one person just going in like a freight train and dredging up 10 reasons why someone is scum and building a case, while the scum version tends to be a lot of shade-throwing while leaving plausible deniability, and LC's attack on tutuu for a post that I think is frankly innocuous (and I explained why there is nothing wrong with it) rubs me the wrong way.
Didn't you ask me to share my reads more? Now I shared a read and suddenly it's anti town and I'm not behaving like Town should with massive tunnelling.

Why was my post a massive attack , and not the statement of a suspicion? Did I just try to rally everyone to yeet a suspect without question or something?
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am i am not suggesting that i will be an independent agent like epi i am suggest that i be one of the person assigned to protect nutella

i (think) she has me as lock town, and this is me, a member of the TOWN, giving a suggestion to another member of the fucking TOWN on what should we do

im rage closing my internet tabs because i cant stand people sea-lioning me

for reference sea-lioning is

"Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity.[1][2][3][4] It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"."

at least thats how i perceive it and i could very well be wrong etc etc whatever
If you get this angry when people ask you questions, is mafia a game you should be playing???
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:04 pm The funny thing is that if Epi flips scum I will be more suspicious of Proto and not less.
explain that one to me.

A consensus townread (alien me) goes on a crusade to bury another consensus townread (alien Epi) in a 2KP until 2 game.

I am listening.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by Rej »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am
Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:51 am
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 am
Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:34 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 am
Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:10 pm my sole mission is this game is to bury rej and i must be alive D2 to see this through
I am back.
I see Hally got killed and I saw this weird post. I was on her shotlist and idk how. I wish things had ended differently.

Seems like a simple frame kill to me. I am not interpreting much into the night kill but I am really curious about what others have to say about it.

I am at work but once I read all opinions about the NK, I might get a fresh and super cool PoE!
Hally was a widely townread player, what makes you jump to "frame kill" as opposed to "this player was killed because they were widely townread"?
Frame kill, because Hally suspected me before she said Sayonara, tho one could think it would be profitable for me to kill people that suspect me if I were scum, but nah
I am bashed by everyone anyway.

This is how they welcome back Rej :omg:

I am a Bunker and if anyone wanna know who I protected last night, it was Epi
Why did you use a bunker save at all?

Why did you think Epi would be an alien target?

Did you read the arguments for/against using bunker saves on non-nutella people?

Where did you land on those arguments?

Do you think you made yourself a higher laser target for Day 2 because you now only have 3 bunker saves remaining?
It is easy why I used a shot, I suspected Epi to be a mafia target this NP and I thought I wouldn't make it far, also if I would had blocked the kill surprisingly people would clear me. So I gambled. Like my only chance.
Also I didn't worry much when I saw that the Soneji flip, so I thought it was okay.

Since I wanted to play the game and since I try to avoid two things:
Getting shot by mafia and getting lynched.
Tho I have an asswork to do and it is hard to avoid latter one...

@Epignosis yo I listened to your music on bandcamp and it is dope, will you move me out of your PoE? like lock me town? :llama:
I am unmoved by your explanation. My summary of your answers as I understand them are below. Please correct/elaborate to assist me in finding you non-alien.

Why did you use a bunker save at all? Wanted to play the game (suboptimally but okay), thought landing a save would clear you (it wouldnt).

Why did you think Epi would be an alien target? "I suspected Epi to be a mafia target this NP" is a reformulation of the question into a statement, and doesnt go to the why aspect at all.

Did you read the arguments for/against using bunker saves on non-nutella people? This is totally ignored so please address this.

Where did you land on those arguments? This is totally ignored so please address this.
Epi was well PoEd but he also had people TRing him, I thought a NK on Epi would be cleaving the town appart. Epi also didn't seem like he would get shot by nutella.

Well yes I ignored it probably and I apologize for that, when I am solo towning then I try to prove myself to the others always in some way or another, this was my try to prove myself, but seems I am false on my reads and suspicions.

I skimmed some posts here and there and I try to look for missing parts when I am about to ISO someone who is questionable.

My timeplan hurt me hard and I usually play a bit more comitted.
ImageImageImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:20 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:11 am
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 am (repeating) im protecting nutella tonight
I don't like this. I don't trust it. This is how the Aliens kill nutella. nutella is supposed to dictate the saves for a reason. You could easily be an Alien trying to subvert the plan to get through. Epignosis as well, really. It worked so well on Night 1, Epi went rogue and everyone accepted it. Time for phase two of the plan, follow the Epi "I do what I want" strategy, and maybe the rest of us will just say, "Well, okay, fine, as long as SOMEONE is protecting her!" If we get two people (Epi, tutuu) forcing the issue, how many people does that leave for nutella to pick? How many will she pick? How safe is that.
nutella picked 3 people to protect her last night and they did so in addition to Epi. I see no reason why she wouldn't do the same thing today. Just because tutuu says she is protecting nutella doesn't change that, just like Epi's declaration that he was protecting nutella didn't change it, either. So I don't see how tutuu saying she'll protect nutella is subverting anything.
it wastes additional bunker saves for minimal benefit in a game where bunker saves = laser shots.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:04 pm The funny thing is that if Epi flips scum I will be more suspicious of Proto and not less.
I agree with proto, explain, this sounds like WIFOM, not like a tinfoil
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:04 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:59 amRight back at you, dizz-ster :suspish:
I haven't claimed I would never kill Hally.
wow? retracting disclaimer right there.

so let's get into wiofm, when would you kill hally?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

How hard is it to follow a “nutella dictates saves on her, nobody else saves” plan, jfc
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:42 am
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm I believe Dizzy is also cleared btw, I know there's an argument to be made for him wanting cred off it but I just straight up dont think he'd have killed them n1
Please explain? Cos my first thought was dizzy did this so Hally couldn't sus him out, then I thought hmmm maybe frame job? But I'm leaning former?
Do I have to smack you in your face with my role card in order for you to stop this nonsense? Hally dying doesn't clear me, but Hally screaming in your face that I'm obvious town, which should honestly be obvious already, does clear me. Hally is never wrong there. They know me in and out. Again you're starting with a bad assumption and building worlds from there. Simplest and most obvious solution is that me and Hally have played 100 town games together where we always work well together and always mindmeld and therefor can read each other super well. Hally can read me better than I can read them, cause Hally is a little bit stronger as scum. You're totally turning this on its head. Hally ALREADY didn't sus me out and they would've if I was scum. If you're town, which I think you are now, why don't you just take the simple clear? I know I'm spending a lot of energy on this, but I just can't fathom the stubbornness.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:27 am I think it's mostly to do with that things earlier on where you said you think we have four protects each.
What about that? I have no idea what could be perceived scummy about it. I said I think 4 cause I was in the middle of catching up and I had reads something about "running out of protects on D5" so then I assumed 4, which it is. I didn't check my role, but I could. What is the problem? And I have a ton of other content.

---

I want to believe Dunya when she say she wouldn't want to kill Hally. Other than that I don't see a point of wifoming over the kill. It's not really a strange kill. There's 3 people who made that decision for whatever reasons.

I also half or maybe more than half want to believe Rej when he says he protected Epi.
@Rej If you are town, I would urge you to see if there's anyone who has not given much of an opinion on you or not been so vocal about suspicion towards you and rather just let it happen. Only you know if you're town. You've been a consensus scum read, an in my experience scum would rather sit back a bit and let town hand themselves or just float the suspicion rather than being the main aggressor. @nutella Can see if she agrees with this or not, in the case Rej is town.

I'm actually interested in checking Tutu out.

If Dunya is not scum, and if Rej is actually town as well (just from the feeling I could see him actually protecting Epi there) then rip reads. Not sure about Rej. Dunya I'm just bying the kill thing, rip me.

I don't have more time. I'm sorry.
Hmm, I will try to work on something. Thanks anyway.
Is there a questionable target, you'd wish to see me interact with?
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:14 pm How hard is it to follow a “nutella dictates saves on her, nobody else saves” plan, jfc
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 am Or everyone call them out and then flip a coin whther you'll go through with it.

Confuse mafia. I like that strategy more.
I do like the idea of employing mass misdirection, with a side of solid nutella protection.
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am i am not suggesting that i will be an independent agent like epi i am suggest that i be one of the person assigned to protect nutella

i (think) she has me as lock town, and this is me, a member of the TOWN, giving a suggestion to another member of the fucking TOWN on what should we do

im rage closing my internet tabs because i cant stand people sea-lioning me

for reference sea-lioning is

"Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity.[1][2][3][4] It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"."

at least thats how i perceive it and i could very well be wrong etc etc whatever
Ok I will leave you alone.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:35 am Or are you just so sure that you need to be read as Town that the only possible reason to doubt you would be because I'm an alien?
Yes.

This is me always.

For all future.

Please comply and thank you.
Quiet, you.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:14 pm How hard is it to follow a “nutella dictates saves on her, nobody else saves” plan, jfc
if you are an alien, its really helpful to pretend that plan doesnt exist
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:42 am
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm I believe Dizzy is also cleared btw, I know there's an argument to be made for him wanting cred off it but I just straight up dont think he'd have killed them n1
Please explain? Cos my first thought was dizzy did this so Hally couldn't sus him out, then I thought hmmm maybe frame job? But I'm leaning former?
Do I have to smack you in your face with my role card in order for you to stop this nonsense? Hally dying doesn't clear me, but Hally screaming in your face that I'm obvious town, which should honestly be obvious already, does clear me. Hally is never wrong there. They know me in and out. Again you're starting with a bad assumption and building worlds from there. Simplest and most obvious solution is that me and Hally have played 100 town games together where we always work well together and always mindmeld and therefor can read each other super well. Hally can read me better than I can read them, cause Hally is a little bit stronger as scum. You're totally turning this on its head. Hally ALREADY didn't sus me out and they would've if I was scum. If you're town, which I think you are now, why don't you just take the simple clear? I know I'm spending a lot of energy on this, but I just can't fathom the stubbornness.
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:27 am I think it's mostly to do with that things earlier on where you said you think we have four protects each.
What about that? I have no idea what could be perceived scummy about it. I said I think 4 cause I was in the middle of catching up and I had reads something about "running out of protects on D5" so then I assumed 4, which it is. I didn't check my role, but I could. What is the problem? And I have a ton of other content.

---

I want to believe Dunya when she say she wouldn't want to kill Hally. Other than that I don't see a point of wifoming over the kill. It's not really a strange kill. There's 3 people who made that decision for whatever reasons.

I also half or maybe more than half want to believe Rej when he says he protected Epi.
@Rej If you are town, I would urge you to see if there's anyone who has not given much of an opinion on you or not been so vocal about suspicion towards you and rather just let it happen. Only you know if you're town. You've been a consensus scum read, an in my experience scum would rather sit back a bit and let town hand themselves or just float the suspicion rather than being the main aggressor. @nutella Can see if she agrees with this or not, in the case Rej is town.

I'm actually interested in checking Tutu out.

If Dunya is not scum, and if Rej is actually town as well (just from the feeling I could see him actually protecting Epi there) then rip reads. Not sure about Rej. Dunya I'm just bying the kill thing, rip me.

I don't have more time. I'm sorry.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:44 am
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am I am still adamant carot is not doing helpful carot townie things. Discuss?
Maybe. I'm glad nut has the laser. She did good last day. Obv will hit scum again
hmmmmm I'm not feeling so great about you again
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:50 am LC attacking Epi and tutuu for horrible reasons here is super bad and I think it is the scummy kind of bad. Town tunnels tend to be one person just going in like a freight train and dredging up 10 reasons why someone is scum and building a case, while the scum version tends to be a lot of shade-throwing while leaving plausible deniability, and LC's attack on tutuu for a post that I think is frankly innocuous (and I explained why there is nothing wrong with it) rubs me the wrong way.
Didn't you ask me to share my reads more? Now I shared a read and suddenly it's anti town and I'm not behaving like Town should with massive tunnelling.

Why was my post a massive attack , and not the statement of a suspicion? Did I just try to rally everyone to yeet a suspect without question or something?
Part of the reason I asked you to share your reads was to get a better read on you. You shared your reads - now I have a better read on you. I think your reads are bad and the way you went about attacking tutuu was bad. You're correct that it wasn't a massive attack - that's what a town tunnel would look like (like I said in my post). Yours felt way sketchier because it was like twisting a completely innocuous statement by tutuu ("I'm going to protect nutella") into some nonsense about subverting nutella's protection. That is why I thought it was scummy.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:22 am MacDougall is chaos, Rej, Soneji and bimbo are still missing in action...
1st mention of rej by carot.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:50 pm aaaah anyone that quote posts that are kilometers long without spoilers are evil

Therefore Rej and TonyStarkPrime are aliens.
tongue in cheek accusation on rej.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm Hmn nutella it's kinda scary that you approach this by "if I shoot Soneji and he flips town" tbh
Who should it be then?
Hmn I feel dragomir-MacDougall/TonyStarkPrime/maybe Rej would be ok
[/quote]
the historic player salad that includes rej. typically it's 4 players, right? she gives 4 names, but 3 players. if carot and rej w/w, TSP and mac lock town imo.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm Loooool! The thing with Rej is that they're suspiscious but they're not here. Call it a salad if you want I guess ^^
never mentions why rej is suspicious. hasn't brought him up at all other than the tongue in cheeck post #2
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:54 pm Hmn okay so first reaction is maybe Rej isn't scum after all, I remember a Soneji scumread, but then turns out it's pretty soft #680, and then
Rej wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:46 pm My PoE is:

Scum:
Mac
Dunya
NANOOK
Dizzy
Soneji(?)

Town:
TSP
Epi
proto
Alison
Carot(?)

I feel sure on these for now, I will go to sleep now, maybe I am here for more 15 mins or so, I haven't sorted the other 3 btw
Question mark scum read so hmmmn they might be w/w.
and this is where things get juicy. carot now is pairing them with soneji as likely w/w scum mates.

carot has never voted for rej, she has never made an active case for getting rej zapped. she has never, in fact, addressed him and communicated with him directly. no questions directed towards him in her iso, nothing.

carot wants us to think and know she is scumreading rej without actually pursuing anything about rej. i think carot and rej can easily be teammates.

and i feel like she is intentionally laying low and avoiding "big drama topics" that most people will at least weigh in on. like, what is her stance on Epi vs. Proto/dunya? who knows. i know where most others stand on that. to be honest, it's mostly a gut thing telling me she's being dishonest than actual concrete evidence. but anyone who specced g6 wanna weight in?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

my problem is that alison is with me on carot tbh, she's like, my third suspect.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by protocultures »

Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:12 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am
Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:51 am
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 am
Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:34 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 am
Rej wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 am

I am back.
I see Hally got killed and I saw this weird post. I was on her shotlist and idk how. I wish things had ended differently.

Seems like a simple frame kill to me. I am not interpreting much into the night kill but I am really curious about what others have to say about it.

I am at work but once I read all opinions about the NK, I might get a fresh and super cool PoE!
Hally was a widely townread player, what makes you jump to "frame kill" as opposed to "this player was killed because they were widely townread"?
Frame kill, because Hally suspected me before she said Sayonara, tho one could think it would be profitable for me to kill people that suspect me if I were scum, but nah
I am bashed by everyone anyway.

This is how they welcome back Rej :omg:

I am a Bunker and if anyone wanna know who I protected last night, it was Epi
Why did you use a bunker save at all?

Why did you think Epi would be an alien target?

Did you read the arguments for/against using bunker saves on non-nutella people?

Where did you land on those arguments?

Do you think you made yourself a higher laser target for Day 2 because you now only have 3 bunker saves remaining?
It is easy why I used a shot, I suspected Epi to be a mafia target this NP and I thought I wouldn't make it far, also if I would had blocked the kill surprisingly people would clear me. So I gambled. Like my only chance.
Also I didn't worry much when I saw that the Soneji flip, so I thought it was okay.

Since I wanted to play the game and since I try to avoid two things:
Getting shot by mafia and getting lynched.
Tho I have an asswork to do and it is hard to avoid latter one...

@Epignosis yo I listened to your music on bandcamp and it is dope, will you move me out of your PoE? like lock me town? :llama:
I am unmoved by your explanation. My summary of your answers as I understand them are below. Please correct/elaborate to assist me in finding you non-alien.

Why did you use a bunker save at all? Wanted to play the game (suboptimally but okay), thought landing a save would clear you (it wouldnt).

Why did you think Epi would be an alien target? "I suspected Epi to be a mafia target this NP" is a reformulation of the question into a statement, and doesnt go to the why aspect at all.

Did you read the arguments for/against using bunker saves on non-nutella people? This is totally ignored so please address this.

Where did you land on those arguments? This is totally ignored so please address this.
Epi was well PoEd but he also had people TRing him, I thought a NK on Epi would be cleaving the town appart. Epi also didn't seem like he would get shot by nutella.

Well yes I ignored it probably and I apologize for that, when I am solo towning then I try to prove myself to the others always in some way or another, this was my try to prove myself, but seems I am false on my reads and suspicions.

I skimmed some posts here and there and I try to look for missing parts when I am about to ISO someone who is questionable.

My timeplan hurt me hard and I usually play a bit more comitted.
so where I am at on you is, you admitted to not reading everything which is not ideal, but feels honest.

Saving non nutella people is not optimal IMO, but you trying to blind land a save on Epi is not strictly alighment indicative. I mean, you didnt even have to share you did that if you didnt want to.

I would really like you to read the posts though so people can determine your alignment better and state which plans you agree/disagree with.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Part of the reason I asked you to share your reads was to get a better read on you. You shared your reads - now I have a better read on you. I think your reads are bad and the way you went about attacking tutuu was bad. You're correct that it wasn't a massive attack - that's what a town tunnel would look like (like I said in my post). Yours felt way sketchier because it was like twisting a completely innocuous statement by tutuu ("I'm going to protect nutella") into some nonsense about subverting nutella's protection. That is why I thought it was scummy.
I agree 100% with LCs view on tutuu unilaterally announcing a save. Do you scumread me for it as well?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Rej's claim feels cooked up. I'm trying not to confbias too hard and I seriously considered that he was telling the truth but it just doesn't feel quite right.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:34 pm

I agree 100% with LCs view on tutuu unilaterally announcing a save. Do you scumread me for it as well?
I probably would have if you hadn't done other stuff which made me lock you as town, which LC hasn't.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:32 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:22 am MacDougall is chaos, Rej, Soneji and bimbo are still missing in action...
1st mention of rej by carot.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:50 pm aaaah anyone that quote posts that are kilometers long without spoilers are evil

Therefore Rej and TonyStarkPrime are aliens.
tongue in cheek accusation on rej.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm Hmn nutella it's kinda scary that you approach this by "if I shoot Soneji and he flips town" tbh
Who should it be then?
Hmn I feel dragomir-MacDougall/TonyStarkPrime/maybe Rej would be ok

the historic player salad that includes rej. typically it's 4 players, right? she gives 4 names, but 3 players. if carot and rej w/w, TSP and mac lock town imo.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm Loooool! The thing with Rej is that they're suspiscious but they're not here. Call it a salad if you want I guess ^^
never mentions why rej is suspicious. hasn't brought him up at all other than the tongue in cheeck post #2
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:54 pm Hmn okay so first reaction is maybe Rej isn't scum after all, I remember a Soneji scumread, but then turns out it's pretty soft #680, and then
Rej wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:46 pm My PoE is:

Scum:
Mac
Dunya
NANOOK
Dizzy
Soneji(?)

Town:
TSP
Epi
proto
Alison
Carot(?)

I feel sure on these for now, I will go to sleep now, maybe I am here for more 15 mins or so, I haven't sorted the other 3 btw
Question mark scum read so hmmmn they might be w/w.
and this is where things get juicy. carot now is pairing them with soneji as likely w/w scum mates.

carot has never voted for rej, she has never made an active case for getting rej zapped. she has never, in fact, addressed him and communicated with him directly. no questions directed towards him in her iso, nothing.

carot wants us to think and know she is scumreading rej without actually pursuing anything about rej. i think carot and rej can easily be teammates.

and i feel like she is intentionally laying low and avoiding "big drama topics" that most people will at least weigh in on. like, what is her stance on Epi vs. Proto/dunya? who knows. i know where most others stand on that. to be honest, it's mostly a gut thing telling me she's being dishonest than actual concrete evidence. but anyone who specced g6 wanna weight in?
[/quote]

What if they scumread Rej for having a low postcount? Its kinda how you got scummier that one day you were afk.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[mention]dunya[/mention] why do you think LC vs tutuu looks good for LC? I don't understand, that push was slimy to me all around
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm Rej's claim feels cooked up. I'm trying not to confbias too hard and I seriously considered that he was telling the truth but it just doesn't feel quite right.
cant see the benefit of claiming as an alien, so i didnt read it as inherently scummy.

If the way they posted is scummy, thats another issue.

your scum radar is god tier (1/1) so who am I to question lol
Alison

Post by Alison »

I still haven't done my ISO of nanook/mac >< I kept putting it off and now it's been 12 hours since I woke up and I still haven't done it and I'm too sleepy to do it. I'll do it tomorrow.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:34 pm

I probably would have if you hadn't done other stuff which made me lock you as town, which LC hasn't.
So you disagree with the premise, and are giving me a townpass on the issue.

So, progress. What about the premise do you dislike?

the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

we shouldnt let aliens bias nutella into picking them, this means we should also shun townies for trying to bias nutella into picking them

lets all listen to proto and nanook, true pioneers of mafia. lets take it a step fruther, lets all stop posting. by posting, the aliens are potentially tricking nutella. therefore, if we all stop posting, the aliens cant trick nutella
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

its not even a joke, nanook seriously suggested that us making reads doesnt matter, nutella making reads is the only thing that matters

i was skeptical at first, but seeing proto's arguments, i can't help but agree
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:43 pm we shouldnt let aliens bias nutella into picking them, this means we should also shun townies for trying to bias nutella into picking them

lets all listen to proto and nanook, true pioneers of mafia. lets take it a step fruther, lets all stop posting. by posting, the aliens are potentially tricking nutella. therefore, if we all stop posting, the aliens cant trick nutella
you're so sassy, i love it :biggrin:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm What if they scumread Rej for having a low postcount? Its kinda how you got scummier that one day you were afk.
i don't theorize on why a player could be scum reading another player. if they list them in bottom three of their POE and repeatedly shade them and pair them with our flipped mafia, they should have made it OBVIOUS why they scum read them. otherwise, this looks like distancing to me.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
The point is that tutuu going "I, personally, am going to use my save on nutella tonight" is a very far cry from "I am trying to control who does and doesn't use their saves on nutella tonight".

I guess I should be giving more credence to the "LC legitimately thought tutuu was trying to control the saves" interpretation over the "LC was intentionally twisting tutuu's words" interpretation since I think you are town and you evidently saw it that way too.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:45 pm its not even a joke, nanook seriously suggested that us making reads doesnt matter, nutella making reads is the only thing that matters

I feel like you dont understand how RNG works,
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have an issue with your characterization of tutuu's statement as "completely innocuous" and my response as "some nonsense". You sound like you know that this is a weak suspicion, so you need to add flowery language to predispose others to agree.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm What if they scumread Rej for having a low postcount? Its kinda how you got scummier that one day you were afk.
i don't theorize on why a player could be scum reading another player. if they list them in bottom three of their POE and repeatedly shade them and pair them with our flipped mafia, they should have made it OBVIOUS why they scum read them. otherwise, this looks like distancing to me.
fair enough.

I'm just saying I would likely put someone into POE due to low post count if I didnt have a strong read on them either way.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm the premise is that we want Nutella to select the saves on them each night to avoid aliens self selecting into the pool or biasing Nutella to pick them.
The point is that tutuu going "I, personally, am going to use my save on nutella tonight" is a very far cry from "I am trying to control who does and doesn't use their saves on nutella tonight".
Which statement is more likely for an Alien to use in the thread?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:50 pm

I have an issue with your characterization of tutuu's statement as "completely innocuous" and my response as "some nonsense". You sound like you know that this is a weak suspicion, so you need to add flowery language to predispose others to agree.
ohh this is good. and i agree w/r/t alison
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am less inclined to suspect rej due to his admission that he protected Epi last night.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm using flowery language to emphasis my view on the matter. I think tutuu's statement is completely innocuous and it is absurd to read it as trying to control who saves nutella when nothing about that post implied anything of the sort. Your response is nonsense because it engages in that absurdity. The fact that my top townread shares your view is evidence for the notion that it is possible for a townie to genuinely misunderstand the post - but it does not make the misunderstanding any less absurd.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I guess I should be giving more credence to the "LC legitimately thought tutuu was trying to control the saves" interpretation over the "LC was intentionally twisting tutuu's words" interpretation since I think you are town and you evidently saw it that way too.
Tutuu saying that indicates they were going to apply the save. Once the save has gone through, it already biases Nutella.

I am glad you are changing on this LC read (I dont even have as strong read on LC but i liked teir post attacking Tutuu for this the most).

i dont even think LC thought tutuu was trying to control the saves, i didnt see it that way either. I just saw them announcing their own save, which is what I had the issue with, and I assume LC as well.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:52 pm

ftr, I have used "flowery language" in basically all my reads so far. Go back and look at my stuff with Epi and Dizzy when I was fighting with them, or even my case on Caro (which was a weaker case than the one I am raising against LC right now).
Alison

Post by Alison »

ftr, I have used "flowery language" in basically all my reads so far. Go back and look at my stuff with Epi and Dizzy when I was fighting with them, or even my case on Caro (which was a weaker case than the one I am raising against LC right now).
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah I like your case on carotte with the caveat that I had reason to think she wasn't soneji's teammate.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] but wifom

an alien saying they protected someone who was universally town read by the thread in case they get nkd is going to sit well in people's minds than him coming in and saying he didn't do anything, is still behind in the thread, short on time, etc. right?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I already regret using the term "flowery language" because it's already annoying.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

what is w/r/t?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm
???

The point is that who tutuu does and doesn't use her save on doesn't affect who else uses their save on nutella. If nutella wants to order half the game to use their save on her, tutuu's save is independent on that. If nutella decides to play it risky and tell the town to independently decide if they want to save her... tutuu's save is also independent of that. Whether or not tutuu saves nutella has no impact on any protection schemes nutella may or may not come up with - just like Epi saying he saved nutella had no impact on the identities or number of the 3 people she had protecting her last night.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm ftr, I have used "flowery language" in basically all my reads so far. Go back and look at my stuff with Epi and Dizzy when I was fighting with them, or even my case on Caro (which was a weaker case than the one I am raising against LC right now).
i should have clarified, it's not the "flowery" language that bugged me, it's the potential of TMI in your defences.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm @Long Con but wifom

an alien saying they protected someone who was universally town read by the thread in case they get nkd is going to sit well in people's minds than him coming in and saying he didn't do anything, is still behind in the thread, short on time, etc. right?
WIFOM is always a possibility. Rej insinuates the idea that he has protections into our minds.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:45 pm its not even a joke, nanook seriously suggested that us making reads doesnt matter, nutella making reads is the only thing that matters

I feel like you dont understand how RNG works,
You are right. Everything in mafia is based off of a Random Number Generator. Hally was just as likely to be killed as any other player in the game. The night kill could have easily been Rej. It was just the spin of the wheel.

In the end of the day people's words doesn't matter. Words are irrational. Emotional. Nonsensical. Everyone could be town, and everyone could be scum. Reading people's posts and trying to understand them is fruitless because you can't know what alignment did they RNG'd. That's why I don't bother trying to read people. It's a fruitless effort.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm
???

The point is that who tutuu does and doesn't use her save on doesn't affect who else uses their save on nutella. If nutella wants to order half the game to use their save on her, tutuu's save is independent on that. If nutella decides to play it risky and tell the town to independently decide if they want to save her... tutuu's save is also independent of that. Whether or not tutuu saves nutella has no impact on any protection schemes nutella may or may not come up with - just like Epi saying he saved nutella had no impact on the identities or number of the 3 people she had protecting her last night.
.... This entire paragraph is just incorrect, sorry.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:51 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:10 am Okay, generally providing role information is bad becuase it gives scum better ability to adapt, but given that it's day 1 and everyone has at least three bunkers left,

EVERYONE WHO USED A BUNKER LAST NIGHT, PLEASE REVEAL THIS INFO.
bullshit

this is only relevant if we stopped the alien kill

we did not

there is literally nothing to gain
false.

Return to “Previous Heists”