Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:10 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:03 pm Sorry, so..If I am roleblocked, I should NOT receive a message of me being roleblocked given my role. Nobody is told they are roleblocked lmao.

The only people knowing they're roleblocked or their action was tempered with are obviously investigatives.
I do believe that's incorrect
Well are you gonna explain it or
No.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I reckon Samu is mafia tbh. There's been none of this half partial can claim your role and when you miss but not when you hit crapola. That claim is ass.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:00 pm I reckon Samu is mafia tbh. There's been none of this half partial can claim your role and when you miss but not when you hit crapola. That claim is ass.
i find it very hard to believe that samu/herm are both town. my gut is telling me that there's a maf in them
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Banned claimers assemble and pass judgement upon Samu.

[mention]Oddmerta[/mention] [mention]staypositivefriend[/mention].

Hally you can also pass judgement in silence.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:39 pm I don't get why Samu is allowed to claim when he gets no result. I'm not.
I dont get why u have a particular role and i dont.

🌚

Mac, i can do what i allowed to do, i cant do everything else.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah rightooooo
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:00 pm I reckon Samu is mafia tbh. There's been none of this half partial can claim your role and when you miss but not when you hit crapola. That claim is ass.
Oh, you're getting serious about that.

Wouldn't it be easier and more comfortable for me as a mafia to just say the first night I got nothing and the second night I got sucking lemons?

Meh, I'm not going to argue much about my role, it seems futile to me, anything else I go around reading everything unless a few hours go by and I find myself with more than 20 pages at once
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sucking lemons tho
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Well, this is certainly exciting. Guess I better find out what happened while I was asleep, unless someone wants to run it down for me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:57 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am Tim claimed he roleblocked ted N1
@Timsup2nothin confirm this? i thought you used something else?
Yeah I lied. Already copped to that. You better than most know that's not unusual for me as town.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon claimed to have tracked Ted. You claimed to have roleblocked Ted apparently. Wilgy claims a watch that says only 1 person targeted Ted. People currently siding against you.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:06 pm @Timsup2nothin @DrWilgy

A night action has been claimed that proves you are lying about your night results. I see absolutely no reason to distrust that claim. I hope you have a good explanation.
Who claimed what? I role blocked Ted N1 and went nowhere N2. Those are just plain facts.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:34 pm

A night action has been claimed that proves you are lying about your night results. I see absolutely no reason to distrust that claim. I hope you have a good explanation.
Who claimed what? I role blocked Ted N1 and went nowhere N2. Those are just plain facts.
Then perhaps you'd care to explain why Ted was tracked as successfully exiting his house on night 1
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

[VOTE: Tim] aubergine
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Following your lead.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:36 pm

Then perhaps you'd care to explain why Ted was tracked as successfully exiting his house on night 1
Beats me. I am starting to suspect that trackers resolve early in the resolution order so they get a track result BEFORE a role blocker or a vig get applied and actually stop an action...but I asked Sloonei about order of resolution in a PM and he sent back that he answered in thread and I haven't looked for it yet.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:05 pm I have received another question. Answer:
Roleblocks resolve before all other actions.
This is what he said.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Beats me. I am starting to suspect that trackers resolve early in the resolution order so they get a track result BEFORE a role blocker or a vig get applied and actually stop an action...but I asked Sloonei about order of resolution in a PM and he sent back that he answered in thread and I haven't looked for it yet.
I seem to recall there being a little more than just a straight roleblock to that aspect of your power. Was there more than that?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:05 pm I have received another question. Answer:
Roleblocks resolve before all other actions.
This is what he said.
Yeah, I just asked him if someone tracking someone who has been roleblocked would get a report of their intentions. We'll see what he says, if anything. In the meantime I'll be looking at whoever claims to have tracked Ted, because if they are telling the truth than Wilgy lied when he said only one person visited Ted.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:41 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 pm

I seem to recall there being a little more than just a straight roleblock to that aspect of your power. Was there more than that?
Nah. The only thing about it that seems other than standard is that it is part of my set as varying abilities. I only get that one if there are 70-79.9% civilians in the population.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Yeah, I checked your list of abilities and it's just a straight roleblock.

So... either you're lying or Dizzy is lying, and Dizzy had 0 reason to lie there.
Alison

Post by Alison »

For you to not be lying, Dizzy would have to be lying about the result of tracking Ted out of his house. And then either Dizzy lied again about targeting Ted at all, or Wilgy is lying about seeing only 1 person at Ted's house.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am I think this might be Wilgy and tim both caught
I'm still catching up, but I had to pause to marvel at the genius displayed in this post.

Quick, who else reads me and DrWilgy as partners?
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:10 pm In response to a privtely asked question:

A nightkilled player's action will still go through provided they are not also roleblocked.
So, this just flatly puts paid to Wilgy. A night killed player (JPIC) Wilgy claims to have visited Tutuu. JPICs action on Tutuu did NOT go through. Therefore Wilgy did not track JPIC to Tutuu's house. End of story.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Yes, that is one reason to doubt Wilgy's testimony, which we have known and debated about the entire day.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:59 pm Yes, that is one reason to doubt Wilgy's testimony, which we have known and debated about the entire day.
So why are most of the votes on me, since Wilgy demonstrably lied in his claim in a way that there's not really any question about that I can see...and the one who first called him on it and asked the question of Sloonei that verified it is me? I know bucking the mighty town core makes me unpopular, but revealing faked claims is a capital offense? Seems harsh.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:22 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:48 pm A Tim red flip proves that Wilgy, Odd and Ted are all town.
A Tim green flip proves that Wilgy is mafia. It makes Odd and Ted look worse for tunnelling him all game.

The opposite is true if we flip Wilgy. A Wilgy green flip proves that Tim is mafia, which proves that Odd and Ted are town. And a Wilgy red flip proves that Tim is town, which makes Odd and Ted look worse.
explain

assume that I'm not sure what's going on
We proved that one person between Wilgy and Tim lied about their night actions. If its not Wilgy, well...
Actually, you've proven that Wilgy lied about his N2 action. There is this crazy debate about his N1 action as connected to me through the party at Ted's house. Why there is debate about whether he is lying about N1 when it is already established that he lied about N2 seems pretty strange.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:05 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:59 pm Yes, that is one reason to doubt Wilgy's testimony, which we have known and debated about the entire day.
So why are most of the votes on me, since Wilgy demonstrably lied in his claim in a way that there's not really any question about that I can see...and the one who first called him on it and asked the question of Sloonei that verified it is me? I know bucking the mighty town core makes me unpopular, but revealing faked claims is a capital offense? Seems harsh.
You demonstrably lied in your claim too.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:54 pm Please change your votes to Tim, EoD is in a few hours and we have compelling reason to think that Tim lied about his role. We also know there's one mafia in Wilgy/Tim. So Occam's Razor is that Tim is just mafia.

Thanks for the update, Dizzy. I'll update the list accordingly.
LOL...absolutely compelling...I tracked JPIC to Tutuu, the host says that even though JPIC was killed his action would go through and post cap Tutuu, and Tutuu didn't get postcapped. That claim is ABSOLUTELY a lie.

Oh, wait, yeah that was Wilgy that lied.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:11 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:05 pm
You demonstrably lied in your claim too.
The only lie I've told about my role I've already copped to.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

The thing is that there are more explanations for the Wilgy discrepancy than there are explanations for yours. And you have two discrepancies, not one.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

idk why but i believe tim over dizzy
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

I've got to parse through this info again, very carefully.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm idk why but i believe tim over dizzy
Dizzy has no reason to lie as mafia there though. It would just be outing, and there's no way "trade my own life for Tim's life" is a winning play for mafia in this situation.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Nah, I don't believe Tim's nonsense. I'm going to exe him.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

which is still fine but I'd rather resolve wilgy first
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i just...i don't think tim is a stupid wolf. I have a lot of respect for his wolf game and this? this is a stupid mistake to make
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:28 pm which is still fine but I'd rather resolve wilgy first
exeing Tim resolves wilgy I think
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:28 pm which is still fine but I'd rather resolve wilgy first
to be honest ive been suspicious of tim all game and i see today as the best opportunity to get rid of him. he's good at talking himself out of things and he had a lot of people here starting to TR him - that's dangerous if he is scum like i suspect he may be
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:07 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:05 pm if there were a role block, wouldnt jpic just not have visited anyone?
Good point. Then it's more likely that some kind of rolestop was applied to tutuu to protect her from having powers used on her. Which doesn't seem to fit with my "Rogue is charging up a power by negating night actions" theory, since I think Alison, Mac and Hally are all better hits for that.
I hate to get all logical since it seems to make town core people want to kill me, but...

If "roleblocked" just keeps the action from going through, but doesn't prevent the person from leaving their house, then a roleblock on JPIC would allow for Wilgy's track and Tutuu not getting postcapped.

It would also conveniently account for how I roleblocked Ted and Dizzy still tracking Ted to me.

I asked Sloonei how a tracker would read on someone who was role blocked, and I'm sure we will be finding out eventually. But A "mystery role block" on JPIC or a "mystery effect block" on Tutuu is required for D2 of Wilgy's claim to not be a flat lie. Me or Dizzy lying is required for D1 of Wilgy's claim to not be a flat lie.

So it sure seems like you need a WHOLE BUNCH of things to come together here for Wilgy to be anything but a flat out fake claimer.

I am reading along catching up, but it seems kinda pointless because you are just ignoring the obvious and not developing your read at all. If you are on Oddmerta's "just kill Tim and worry about reasons later" bandwagon, just say so. I can ghost, get some work done, get green flipped, and then you can reassess.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm idk why but i believe tim over dizzy
I'm not sure yet that there's any conflict between me and Dizzy. I guess it is typical that "roleblocked" means you don't leave your house and are not tracked...but that may not be the truth. If "roleblocked" means you got there but didn't do anything then Dizzy and I can both be telling the truth.

Wilgy's claim is rotten on BOTH days, D2 confirmed almost absolutely rotten.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:07 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:05 pm if there were a role block, wouldnt jpic just not have visited anyone?
Good point. Then it's more likely that some kind of rolestop was applied to tutuu to protect her from having powers used on her. Which doesn't seem to fit with my "Rogue is charging up a power by negating night actions" theory, since I think Alison, Mac and Hally are all better hits for that.
I hate to get all logical since it seems to make town core people want to kill me, but...

If "roleblocked" just keeps the action from going through, but doesn't prevent the person from leaving their house, then a roleblock on JPIC would allow for Wilgy's track and Tutuu not getting postcapped.

It would also conveniently account for how I roleblocked Ted and Dizzy still tracking Ted to me.

I asked Sloonei how a tracker would read on someone who was role blocked, and I'm sure we will be finding out eventually. But A "mystery role block" on JPIC or a "mystery effect block" on Tutuu is required for D2 of Wilgy's claim to not be a flat lie. Me or Dizzy lying is required for D1 of Wilgy's claim to not be a flat lie.

So it sure seems like you need a WHOLE BUNCH of things to come together here for Wilgy to be anything but a flat out fake claimer.

I am reading along catching up, but it seems kinda pointless because you are just ignoring the obvious and not developing your read at all. If you are on Oddmerta's "just kill Tim and worry about reasons later" bandwagon, just say so. I can ghost, get some work done, get green flipped, and then you can reassess.
How does a roleblock on JPIC account for Ted being tracked to you?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:11 pm
That would make the most sense. So did Wilgy lie? He at first said JPIC didn't visit anyone.
He "just kidding"ed that like ten posts later.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:25 pm except tim but tim's helpful
Thank you. Perhaps lying about my roles in an effort to produce good effects is a bad habit, but at least someone understands reading intent.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:28 pm So you're telling me that Wilgy came in here with the worst claim in history, /twice/, and we're supposed to chop him for that?
No, they are telling you that since I am the one who initially unraveled Wilgy's rotten claim you are supposed to chop me. Beating the town core to a wolf is a capital offense doncha know.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:30 pm i just...i don't think tim is a stupid wolf. I have a lot of respect for his wolf game and this? this is a stupid mistake to make
is it?

wolf tim is not going to play around a tracker on ted

from the perspective of tim, it's pretty hard to see how his claim can be disproven, and claiming roleblocker here means he can be of value to town
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It does seem a little odd that Wilgy said "JK" instead of "the host made an error in giving me my results".

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

but also I need an explanation for how ted was able to come out of his house if tim told the truth
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:48 pm hi, i'm catching up w/what i missed now! could i get a basic summary of why we know there's a maf in tim/wilgly?
Wilgy says that only one person visited Ted.
Tim said he visited Ted.

We know that Dizzy visited Ted.

So either Wilgy or Tim is lying.
And since we also know that barring something really weird Wilgy ALSO lied about the other part of his claim, but Tim doesn't kiss ass to the town core so let's kill him anyway.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”